What are the best space games?

What are the best space games?

Attached: mass_effect_fan_art_by_chernigiv-d91xm9v.jpg (1321x605, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJxTVZKxl9E
youtube.com/watch?v=G4qMsE8ZaQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=DXSrE3yt2n8
youtube.com/watch?v=LiNfRcNPzE4
youtu.be/C3nm8RocAv4
youtu.be/mD4GbGmvNRc
youtube.com/watch?v=kBRCbFUwlFM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFopMaG-2OU
youtube.com/watch?v=dTKakINXjl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

also looking for space games. no man's sky is dull af even after updates

unironically try no mans sky 1.0, launch with some mods was actually enjoyable, at least as a walking simulator. rn its an ugly piece of shit with no valuable gameplay

yeah wtf do u even do in that game

I want to enjoy space games but all the strategy ones other than Alpha Centuri are too hard for me

Attached: alien.jpg (755x1059, 233K)

What do you look for in a space game?

exploration, rpg elements, and hopefully multiplayer

There is a ton of relatively recent games but good ones are pretty rare.

You get the "build your empire" kind of game with zero story and pretty boring endgame (read none).

You get the free to play mp only games aka pay to win game.

There is Elite which is a grind fest.

You get tons of RTS but I'm not interested in them.

There is Stsr Citizen which could be the greatest game of all time but will probably fail to deliver.

I'm just looking for a game like Freelancer and the only one I found was Rebel Galaxy which I finished. Hopefully Outlaw will be good.

So a game like Freelancer. You could try Rebel Galaxy but it's very barebone.

in general : modded KSP
best space combat game:Children of a Dead Earth (pretty much the only space combat game out there as far as i know)
also worth mentioning: Simple rockets 2, it's basically KSP but way better but much earlier in development so not many mods.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

why did X4 have to suck balls bros? why cant we spacebros get a morsel?

EVE online

Dead Space trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy

Everspace is fun

Hahaha hahaha. I sure love space battle when I click on a target and click on some modules and weapon for some time until the target dies.

also i forgot there's some FPS titles. old and great game but kind of dead :shattered horizon
youtube.com/watch?v=DJxTVZKxl9E
new similar game coming soon but it seems kind of too arcadey : boundary
youtube.com/watch?v=G4qMsE8ZaQ8

Space Engineers. I like building and crashing my ships together like legos.

It'll be amazing in ~3 years, give them time.

Freelancer
Homeworld

rebel galaxy looks good, I'll look into this thanks

Obligatory Space Rangers

Attached: sr.jpg (1920x1200, 265K)

Freelancer you big bitch.

eve is great it's just not for everyone
while your description is accurate, the gameplay is more tactical than action oriented and not focused on twitch combat

mass effect trilogy and alien isolation

Attached: BridgeCommander.webm (1200x675, 2.65M)

Can't wait to play this game in five years.

They're all terrible. Space is the biggest developer trap.

user that's X Rebirth, it's been out for five years. It's shit.

Attached: comfy salvage.webm (1600x900, 2.07M)

>game is an unfinished mess and full of nigs, probably because of the tranny they had in the team

Starsector is pretty good even if it is only 2D and thus lacks half of what makes space games cool.

I like to play Elite once in a while even though it sucks ass.

Freespace 2 back in the day was the first space sim that really got me immersed. It was even better with the HD mods. Not sure if it holds up today but I think it probably would.

They said that about Rebirth too

Stelaris is pretty good

Attached: stelaris.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Distant Worlds Universe
Freelancer
Soon to be Underspace

No it's not.

>Underspace
I hope he fixes the camera issues

>no one mentioning the GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=DXSrE3yt2n8

The undisputed best title.

Attached: tachyon-the-fringe.jpg (1024x768, 63K)

Give me space games where I can get a bigass ship and bully the smaller ships.

It's legit great for 100+ hours before you get some nice ships and outfitting and get to do a bit of fighting, smuggling, hauling, exploring etc. but yeah you burn out on it eventually.

Just go swim in a public pool you stupid whale

freelancer

x3

>Not knowing about superior Yea Forumslancer

youtube.com/watch?v=LiNfRcNPzE4

He means when it's actually playable.

Pretty much these.

Why must you be mean?

It's a mod for Freelancer.

Battletech

Sins of a solar empire

It's never getting finished, is it bros?

Attached: starmade.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

How hard could it be to do a decent space game where you have third kind encounters, managing your giant ship/Crew and having nice combat mechanics.

Attached: picard-drinking-wine-star-trek.jpg (800x341, 21K)

The best space game is coming : youtu.be/C3nm8RocAv4

>not knowing those devs are making a full game now

Star Control 2

>save up for an Odysseus
>equip shockwave generators in every slot
>jump to hostile sector
>enjoy the fireworks
Never gets old

Attached: 1503738385350.jpg (395x416, 62K)

I like starsector

Attached: ExKQfVs.png (1374x777, 410K)

Ive tried to enjoy this but its a brainlet grindshooter

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Cyka blyat
want to come our territory? you pay the toll. then we fuck you

Attached: 99003557_128.png (128x128, 16K)

This user knows what's up, if you haven't, go buy StarSector right now and you can thank us later

Attached: Conquest Large Battle.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Stellaris if you like 4X, Freelancer if you have rose tinted glasses, Elite Dangerous if you're a 40+ boomer, Rebel Galaxy if you like Napoleonic naval warfare (Space Edition), Space Engineer if you have autism and Starsector if you have exceptional good taste.

Personally I think starsector is the best space game out right now. Its basically the M&B of its genre in that its simple but deep and it has a metric fuckton of mods to expand upon it. Developer is also based and is still updating.

Attached: 9FNNv2H.gif (507x347, 1.41M)

>playing a game where every planet is within spitting distance of every other planet
>and every other planet of every other planet against every other infinity is a world that has life

It's the dumbest fucking game idea that made it to market. NMS universe is so fucking saturated with shit, that exploration is pointless. You've SEEN IT ALL within a few hours tops.

Space Station 13

I want to love starsector because the combat and fleet building is so much fun but the economy is so fucked it ruins the game progression, I WISH it was more like mount and blade. As it is now its so ludicrously easy to do literally anything that it all just feels pointless, analyze mission give you shitloads of money for doing basically NOTHING but travelling from place to place with almost zero danger. It would be like if in mount and blade you could earn 10k from just moving from one side of the map to the other and you could just repeat this over and over.

Also the dev is not 'based', I saw him on the forums saying ship crews are exactly 50/50 male/female and anyone who says otherwise is a sexist who will be banned, lmao

>starsector
I've been playing it nonstop for the past month. Is there anything more satisfying than a Diable fleet carpeting the entire screen in macross missile spam, heavy fighters, and phased laser arrays?

What do you think Ridley Scott would think of this picture?

>2D space game
LMAO

>buy from company website

Dodgy

Why not just make this exact game but using real life battleships? The entire fun thing about space is the XYZ movement and strats.

Because your ideas are dumb

He's right, though. What's next, a one-dimensional "space" game?

Could be fun

You know I'm right, faggot. Even if you don't like it, space battles would consist of ships being all over the place in any direction. If you like the shit you posted, just play battleship.

"It's fun with friends".

What are you on about?

youtu.be/mD4GbGmvNRc

that music is terrible
it's like they're just playing with a bunch of samples lmao

they're not, even if they i were i challenge you to post better
youtube.com/watch?v=kBRCbFUwlFM

Nobody ever said that for Nobirth...
New X4 tho, gonna be pretty good in 2-3 years like another user replied.

Lotta schizos posting lately huh.

I've given up on the X series

You believe a literal one-dimensional "space" game is something those who want a space game? Is a "racing" game featuring trains on a single track perfectly fine too?

All I want is a space game that captures the romance and opera of something like LoGH or Banner of the Stars. Where's my video game where I can be a caped space admiral leading fleets into battle and shout out orders to fire from my cool spaceship bridge?

X3 and Precursors are fun

most of my playtime is offline, real numbers around 7k hours+

Attached: nevergiveup.png (564x122, 63K)

the whole low/medium/high tech distinction between ships triggers me too much, running a fleet with mixed designs and engine trails upsets me and since you really need the tankers which are low tech you are basically stuck in making a low tech only fleet which works but its annoying.

Oh sweet summer child I see you haven't even graduated to being a full time forum warrior. EVE is dead m8 you're just hugging the corpse. There is almost no solo fighting to be had anymore. Logi got even more fucked since I left when they started allowing for direct selling of SP. Null is carebear cancer and bullshit politics. Null moved into low sec and ruined it. Exploits everywhere I bet FW is still broken to shit and printing ISK. The game is mostly spending hours setting up and waiting for a few minutes of combat that get's soul destroying after awhile. Tried as hard as I could to keep small gangs and solo alive but the minute you come up with something novel people just keep bringing numbers until they can break you. Dealing with people in the game is just a chore because the game attracts only the most dedicated autist and sociopaths. In the end you look at it and think man this game could have really grown but CCP just kept it on life support while they threw all their money into the furnace of making shitty failed games. Finally there's nothing tactical anymore, it's always been a pure numbers game and it's even more of a pure capital game than it's ever been. I did everything you could possibly do in the game and in the end it's an inch deep and a mile wide.

Yeah, that also sounds pretty good.

Bought this on the sale recently and it's really neat. It's a Sci fi CRPG with turn based combat that also lets you hope in a spaceship and explore a big ass galaxy map with space combat that's kinda like Star Trek online.

It is in early access but the guy making it does put out major updates quite frequently.

Attached: stellar tactics.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)

Gonna make this my copypasta because it is too real... CCP even sold the game to the KR shitters, after years of milking the game and failing into dev another game, Dust/Vampire MMO/Valk? anything else? fuck them.

It's not fair bros, I just want this feel again.

Attached: 00002.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

I've had that on my wishlist for a few years now, is it worth the price?

X3 was shit at launch too.

I want to play Master of Orion 2 but for some reason it just won't boot properly on my PC

They always are. No idea why Egosoft always gets a pass

You trying the GoG copy? That has dosbox incorporated with it and should work without too much trouble.

Because it's the only game of its kind.

What's a game that's kinda like NMS but not randomly generated. That's what I want.

Outer Wilds

Yes

can I play it on my switch?

I actually don't have a decent PC or laptop

Attached: Confused Angel.png (283x195, 89K)

Freelancer?

Star sector isn't that good. It's ok if you like doing your things without having any kind of story or context. What is there to do except roam the galaxy, check empty planets and fight the same AI over and over again.

It's the exact same appeal as Mount and Blade
Plus mods add a lot

>+100 replies
>still no AAA space game mentioned

Meanwhile morons pooled 250 millions dollars in a failed space game. There is the demand but no games.

GoG is great but they can't keep up with Microsoft fuck ups (Win10) i have like 3 old games that doesn't work anymore... you have to dig deep to find people willing to make them work again.

After star citizen's failure there's no real demand anymore

ED is kind of AAA. Isn't it?

Homeworld 2.

AAA games are almost always complete shit

He has the AAA graphics and gameplay but it's too empty.

Battletoads vs Double Dragon.

Stupid contrarian, go away.

Don't be daft, AAA can be just as soulless and empty as indie games.

Someone join my lowsec mining corp. All the moongoo you could ever want at 90% Jita price. Also looking for ratters and small gang pvpers.

I know I may be a dumbass for asking this but did you try running those on compatability mode?

Yeah I love grinding for dozen of hours in empty space too.

This. There is absolutely no hope in AAA space games.

Some work, some don't...
Not about space games but last month i wanted to play so bad Gangsters: Organized Crime, but even the GoG was missing the sound and i had to look for a fix... found some dude on reddit that fixed the game launcher for win10.

independence war 2 edge of chaos is totally unknown gem
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFopMaG-2OU

Love the game but i can never have a large enough fleet, eventually i would end up needing 1 billion supplies/fuel just to move around looking for fun things to do, pirates always have 50+ ships roming around while i have at most 12 ships on me and at least 5 are support non combat ships

Attached: 1460796535561.jpg (242x251, 4K)

user I have bad news

It's almost exactly like X3 but 2D instead. I see what you're saying but that doesn't prevent the game from being fun, the number of space games where you do stuff with story and context are extremely rare and we've all played the shit out of them already.

Attached: 1557593481464.jpg (1920x1080, 709K)

>Homeworld
Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=dTKakINXjl8

Bought this on steam and all it does is crash

I want to replay it, what are the current must-have mods?

Attached: 1550875781906.png (640x478, 431K)

It's nowhere near the best. Devs abandoned it years ago but the modding community is still keeping it alive and it's pretty fun with a friend or two.

Attached: MoO.jpg (1838x1029, 197K)

Anythings fun with a friend or two. Is it fun alone or will I drop it in a couple hours?

Hard to say. I think it's pretty fun personally. If you grab it though, make sure you get the top mods on the workshop and look at the load order. For me, I still play it pretty often since there aren't many decent sci-fi 4x games.

Diable and Blackrock for the best(read the most effort put into them) mod factions
Nexerellin to make it a true 4x

>exploration, rpg elements, and hopefully multiplayer
unironically try Stellaris

>Civilization game in Space
nah

X3 always disappoints me in that regard