Dead space

>tfw Interacting with the ship's system or
>Smash the xbox crate or
>Complete an objective
Why do necromorph ALWAYS surprises you when you try to explore the ship?
ITS SCARY AF, D:

Also ded space thred.

Attached: 220px-Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (220x293, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OST17gGZ4Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=ARuZH1KSjrk
youtube.com/watch?v=YuOBGnwtxxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=W-0Ra-uEnqM
youtube.com/watch?v=U8V2U7vTys0
youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U
youtube.com/watch?v=MATYVURNnwk
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dead space was fucking cool and non of the old or newfags on Yea Forums can change my mind.

Attached: images (78).jpg (250x250, 22K)

Dead space 2 was cool in a different dead spacey way

Fuuuck, I need to replay Dead Space.
It's one of the only games that made me jump.

I don't think anyone at all disagrees with you that 1&2 ruled

Dead space 3 makes me disappointed

There were very few moments where you were attacked during "relaxation time".
This is why those scares worked, like the one at the workbench.

>the series ends with you and a spic crashing into a brethren moon
WHY COULDN'T THIS GAME BE BETTER

Attached: 1FE5FFF3-2978-4A4F-91EB-993BD6E83435.png (636x640, 172K)

>don't mind me, I'm just here for a kiss of death.

Attached: Infector-full-body.jpg (318x210, 10K)

Why would anyone do that?
Nobody but contrarians would diss Dead Space 1, and Dead Space 2 had enough going on that it's generally considered a worthy sequel.

>paranoidally footsmash the limbs off every corpse just in case

How are those things even made from a human body, anatomy’s absolutely fucked there

Should I buy ded space 2? Its only $6 right now

Attached: 1564240611805.gif (336x430, 534K)

Yes

Attached: Beepo .jpg (1953x2013, 687K)

It's quite literally the skin off your back

1>2>dog poo>3

usually people here take the piss and say it sucks cause """"reasons and EA"""" but im glad you guys get me.

Thanks gonna have to replay it now.

One of the best shooters of all time. And over a decade later 99% of games still haven’t taken the hint about what they did with the HUD.

>back skin
besides for the wings being either a guy’s arms/legs, WHERES ALL THE OTHER HUMAN PARTS

Attached: 724AEC33-F159-4D3B-AECD-5A4512D7F4B1.png (732x650, 416K)

So when is Severed coming to PC

>How are those things even made from a human body, anatomy’s absolutely fucked there
user kun...reality is far more fucked.

Attached: images (81).jpg (729x421, 20K)

Dude, we had tons of threads when Dead Space 2 came out enjoying it while also poking fun at some of the faces early on. Pretty much everyone was actually surprised at how enjoyable it was and everyone was incredibly nervous at how they would handle Isaac considering they wanted him to have a voice. Meanwhile a day or two after release everyone was constantly quoting FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER.

Attached: 1248504742396.png (458x504, 70K)

A squished potato of a guy still has more recognizable anatomy than a manta ray.

Looks like a roasty to me.

The game is just a bunch of spooky spook monsters yelling BLARHGHagGSGH at the top of their lungs, how is this remotely scary past the first 15 to 20 minutes

Holy shit Hahahaha, god that sound actually fucking based as shit

>hurrr muh jump scares bad

Dead Space was one of the most immersive horror games in a long time.

If you played Dead Space 1, yes.

True

Can we talk about this game too? It's a pretty solid rail shooter.

Attached: 185778-dead-space-extraction-wii-front-cover.jpg (800x1137, 173K)

The turret sections can suck my ass

I wonder what H R Giger thought about the Necromorph.

Or if he knew about the game before he went into space heaven.

Guys I'm seeing signs and symbols in my sleep now

I think I can decode them!

Wish me luck!

Did you like Dead Space 1? Then yes, it's more action-y but it has its scary moments. It's got some great areas to fight in, zero-g is massively improved, the areas in general are good, the new enemy types are good, and they revamped some guns.

Attached: deadspace2 2015-10-21 09-32-08-30.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

It is there to remind you that shooters should not be played with controllers.
Always finish it with full hull integity with mouse.

They can still suck my ass

I never complained about it. Its just so random you never expect where its coming from. This one time I was riding lift and fuck, he pops out from the fucking ceiling! Literally pissed myself. Pure horror

i liked zero-g in DS1 better

I believe these aren't formed from bodies but instead from the organic goo once the bodies melt down from the Marker signal. It's explained in one of the books.

Attached: 1418565848726.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

Attached: 1377732061611.png (442x946, 37K)

Good luck Bro!

Attached: 1564662899656.png (797x448, 615K)

Attached: 20180918202844_1.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

Attached: 1367340024127.png (628x1919, 75K)

Attached: 1303140996319.png (477x3406, 133K)

Ds 1 and 2 aged incredibly well since what, 2008 and 2010?

2011 for 2 but yeah

Hey thanks!

Attached: deadspace_marker2_by_skunkfur.jpg (900x630, 165K)

Another victim of EA

Is DS3 worth playing if I just want a decent coop shooter to play with a friend?

Attached: 1564450118646381.jpg (573x1024, 58K)

It’s an average standalone game with no scare factor. So a lukewarm yes

It's extremely lukewarm compared to DS1 and 2

yeah, the coop sidequests are fun

The Steam version of two is glitched, it starts you with every weapon and armor upgrade.

Isn't there a text log in the first game (I think its the first) that details the process of a corpse turning into one of those? Like it says something about the victim's legs being forced backwards and becoming the infector's wings and some other shit. Apparently their proboscis that they try to jam into your brain was originally the guy's HEAD. You can even see what looks like a human spine along their backs.

No, even getting drunk and co-oping it couldn't make it fun for me. Stick with the first two.

Friendly reminder that force gun is best tool.

Attached: Force gun impossible difficulty.webm (640x352, 2.99M)

Gears of Space 3 might be fun if you play with a friend. There is a lot of missions locked behind co-op.

Attached: 1557786329911.png (1083x1577, 1.47M)

This thread is making me want to replay.

Attached: not today.webm (800x448, 2.75M)

Attached: denied.webm (900x504, 2.58M)

>Primary for all kills.
>Not using the secondary which has aoe and does as much damage as the primary fire not to mention is ranged.
I don't get it. It's even more insane in 2 because it's a precision laser that does as much damage as the primary fire. It's basically a mini Contact Beam.

No, it's still just as bad but now you're subjecting a friend to it.

There are a gazillion better co-op titles you could be playing instead. From indie to AAA.
Just check co-optimus.com

In the first game pulse rifle is. It's basically a better version of the cutter and you get way too much ammo for it.

In the second one the line gun, seeker and harpoon or the fuck it's called are super good.

>tripfag is dumb
Secondary fire has much lower damage and can't kill anything in one hit on impossible difficulty.
In 2 it's stronger than primary but with narrower cone.

Save yourself some time, you only need to stomp off the arms

Have you tried actually playing the game

Shit, a lot of the creepiest morphs are the ones that don't yell

Anyone else feel a little bad when you shut off the power and let all the necros in near the end? I know those security dudes were trying to kill you but damn, man. Also I might be mistaken, but I thought they mentioned that that's where any survivors who escaped were being held.

Attached: deadspace2 2019-07-31 17-46-10.jpg (1920x1200, 384K)

>and can't kill anything in one hit on impossible difficulty.
That's true earlier on, but most fights are done at range and usually grouped up. It also breaks limbs constantly. Sure, it takes two maybe three shots to kill the advanced Necromorphs but it keeps you farther away from losing chunks of your health on Impossible, and once fully upgraded regular Necromorphs die in one shot, the advanced ones are the ones that take more but you want to keep them away by practice anyway.

I can tell you never played on higher than normal.
It takes up to 6 secondary shots on normal necros and god knows how many on black ones.
It's basically a long distance stun, nothing more.

Yeah man, that scene proves to me that Issac is straight up a psycho

But they never made Dead Space 3 bud.

I think they did the cliche evil military thing of luring people in with the promise of safety only to kill them

>I can tell you never played on higher than normal.
I've beaten 1 on Impossible multiple times. The Force Gun secondary fire is literally all I use for fights in 1 because it's just so powerful. Are you hitting them directly or are you lobbing the thing at their feet? Because directly is how you do the damage. Center of mass is what I always aim for and the aoe from it hits enemies surrounding them dealing some damage and knocks them down. If secondary is taking 6 shots on Impossible that means you didn't invest into it fully, it should only take three or four on advanced Necromorphs at most. The vast majority of normals take 1 or 2 at most and the lowest tier ones (The ones with their skin falling off wearing clothes) are 1 every single time. You should never be taking more than an ammo pickup to kill a Necromorph with the Force Gun using the secondary fire.

What makes 1 better than 2?
Like halfway through both.

More emphasis on horror, less action set pieces.

Boooo-woooo, spooooky atmosphere and etc. But desu, I love both games.

Attached: 1562309160263.jpg (600x600, 50K)

IT'S A FUCKING MUTANT
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZE EVERYTHING

Attached: 1524254170217.jpg (225x225, 4K)

This game scratched basically all my gaming itches for a single player game.

Scrounging, upgrading, exploring, SPACE/SCI-Fi, and the combat is fun as heck

Attached: homie3.jpg (960x736, 67K)

2 is the better game by far.
But some people prefer
>isaac not speaking, not having a character at all
>greater sense of isolation
>backtracking
so they like DS1 more.

not my cup of tea but yeah I agree, pretty soild over all

I just loaded up my Impossible pajama run and it has a completely unupgraded Force Gun in chapter 5. Babies take 2 secondary shots only and the lowest rung of Necromorphs also take two if you shoot them dead center. Didn't try it on the Regenerator but I'd assume it'd take more than three or four at this level. A non-upgraded Line Gun takes two shots across all of the tendrils of the baby while the Plasma Cutter moderately upgraded takes two per tendril so four to kill it. I have to be point blank with the Force Gun to kill a baby in two shots with the primary at this point as well.

>Not the based Ripper

>One of the best shooters of all time
I like the game, but not even close.
they turn humans into goo and then mutate into other forms when they get in the presence of a marker. they can pretty much use any part to mold into something else. at least according to 2. I don't remember much about the lore info from 3.

i liked 2 more. It did almost everything better than 1. But 1 was the very first time i played dead space so thats branded into my brain for eternity

Dead Space 2 was the RE4 of Dead Space games.
Took away the horror to make a solid shoot bang game.

It always kinda annoyed me how EVERY enemy encounter is a jump scare, you never just stumble upon them

>mfw finally getting the contact beam on hardcore in DS2 and selling everything you got to fully upgrade it to start the carnage.

Attached: 1499199854582.jpg (652x786, 96K)

is there any way to fix mouse sensitivity in Dead Space 1? Even when I lower it as low as it can go, aiming still moves way too fast.

see

Attached: ds2.png (528x719, 170K)

>go sleep
>see symbols and letters
>see faces, places and deja vu to the max
what the fuck is wrong with me lads

Attached: DBTu4dhVoAASaIL.jpg (419x444, 23K)

Bruh the Contact Beam was the best shit especially when fully upgraded. It and the Ripper

Attached: 1560119380271.gif (560x560, 265K)

ALTMAN BE PRAISED!!!

>Contact Beam
>It's a fucking shotgun

>ruled
Calm down grandpa

Lexine is the only reason to play

Remember her Marker immune babby?

I could never justify the Contact Beam on anything. The 1000 credits per shot was just ridiculous and you encounter so few things that it could actually be useful for I could only ever bother using it on NG+. What did you even use it on? Dividers and Brutes are really the only thing that comes to my mind and Brutes get shredded by the Force Gun, just not as fast as the Contact Beam.

Dead Space 1 and 2 are very highly regarded here, not sure where this attitude even came from.

Milf Lexine is the only reason to play severed

pulse rifle is extremely inferior to the cutter u mong

youtu.be/OST17gGZ4Cw
Here's an explanation.

???? it looks like the top back half of a person got ripped off and then turned into an awful alien monster

I really like how DS2 works, look how fucking fast this shit happens to someone

youtube.com/watch?v=ARuZH1KSjrk

The line gun is insanely OP in every game. Not that I'm complaining, definitely my gunfu.

Dead space had a lot of fucking info about its setting that got me so engrossed. I fucking loved it.
Thanks for reminding me to replay it

Contrary to popular belief all Dead Space games kick major ass. The ending the the 3rd games dlc was the absolute best horror game ending ever. Whoever disagrees is objectively wrong.

When will another game come along that perfectly blends sci fi with action and horror so well? Have zoomers and their mobile games and microtransactions and fortnite just completely killed the possibility for a game like this in 2019?

Yes, if you want a movie like dead space however just go watch event horizon and the thing

>alt fire of the combat rifle in 1 just spins in a circle and shoots all around
Why the fuck would a military weapon have that feature?

Just play System Shock. Also the Flood levels in some of the Halos are p. decent.

Also the first Alien and Galaxy of Terror.

would unironically wear this

Attached: 570_2.jpg (1000x1643, 221K)

"Suppressing fire".

But maybe it isn't a real feature and Isaac, as an engineer, knows a quick trick to make it go crazy because he's in a situation that might actually warrant that.

>this will NEVER FUCKING EVER get a remaster or even a fucking port
What is actually EAs problem

There's a game called Negative Atmosphere that's aiming to be like Dead Space, but at the same time it looks like it's using regular weapons and the suit isn't as neat as the Engineering Suit Isaac has.

When I think of the last good AAA games I always think of deadspace and mirror's edge.

>go back and play DS2 after a long break
>start up a new game
>Hardcore difficulty
>2 hours in
>have little to no ammo
>only 2 medpacks left
>get into the Church of Unitology
>get to an open area with an elevator at end
>hands are fucking clammy as shit and shaking because my last save was 1 an hour ago
>fucking door explodes making me shit myself
>turn around
>clicking
>chattering
>chirping
>mfw I remember where I am
youtube.com/watch?v=YuOBGnwtxxQ

Attached: 1563774375781.jpg (5000x5000, 1.2M)

Riot control

Any tips for hadcore mode?

Here's your remaster
It's called PC version

Attached: Dead Space 2014-03-14 18-37-00-20.jpg (3840x2160, 1.51M)

>Negative Atmosphere
This goes above and beyond ripoff holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=W-0Ra-uEnqM

THUD THUD THUD

Attached: I SAWD IT IN HALF HOW IS IT STILL ALIVE AHHHHHH.png (407x643, 171K)

why the fuck would anyone ever need a javelin gun in space

Enable the Hacker Rooms because there's no reason not to. They give you a couple free items, the Hacker Suit, and some Power Nodes. You don't have to use the Hacker weapons if you don't want to since they're free but you have to pay for the Hacker Suit so it's fair game.
Abuse Kinesis since it is amazing in DS2 so use it.
Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Force Gun. Contact Beam for sellable ammo only and even that's arguable if you want to do it. Pulse Rifle should be bought ASAP, it one-shots Swarm and babies, you get 13 ammo a pickup, it can sever limbs in a couple shots, and its alt fire makes advanced Necromorphs into paste.
Stalkers can always be baited. If you park yourself into a corner they usually rush you out, and more only spawn once you move past certain triggers.
The elevator in the Unitologist Church breaks the Stalker AI there so run to it ASAP.

Saves should be something like this:
>Right after the morgue but before you enter into insta-kill city in chapter 4 or 5.
There's too much that can go wrong here, many moments where you can die instantly, and several annoying fights in particular the Iron Man sequence.
>Either before the Ishimura or after you clear the entire thing, get past the bit where the tram explodes, and you end up in that area with the Stalkers.
>Either before the Marker laser room or after the eye poke machine, your choice.
The drill is a pain in the ass and so is powering up that one room with all the advanced Necromorphs, but you don't want to keep repeating the eye poke over and over and over in my opinion. The final gauntlet is easy as long as you pick Stasis Packs and run past everyone.
You can also choose to make your first save near the major elevator (Where the 360 disk swap is) in chapter 7. If you're on a 360 this counts as a free save, if you're not this is still a good point to save but it takes like three or four hours to reach this point. It's good here though because of all the Leapers that can two-shot you.

Attached: deadspace2 2015-10-22 03-53-45-55.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

looks like utter dogshit, so it won't go anywhere anyway lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=U8V2U7vTys0

DS 2 is better than RE4 but RE4 is more important

>When you see one peaking around the corner
>But it doesn't charge
youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

?
wrong

Don't die.

I was actually kinda let down
Great game don't get me wrong, but I actually had a dream about playing it a while before it came out and the version I imagined had body horror to the point of being fucking nauseating
For how gnarly the necromorphs are, I didn't find them as gross as they could have been

>his friend runs behind a corner just out of your peripheral vision
>peeks his head out and chirps to get your attention and distract you
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Say what you will about DS2 lacking proper horror moments, but you can't deny that fighting the Stalkers on hardcore difficulty isn't fucking kino

Attached: 1506616531074.jpg (619x619, 182K)

Making really big martinis to appease any giant aliens you might run into, obviously

god damn that's pretty cool..

I used to think the Stalkers were piss easy, especially with how you usually knew you were entering their domain.
But once you play Hardcore, you fucking dread those fuckers. It was like the fucking Hospital in DS1

Attached: 1494861369611.png (580x564, 80K)

Time goes on and we get more and more desensitised to shit user. Remember The Fly? That shit had vomit-inducing effects for it's time, but now we look at it and just say 'cool!'

There’s a third party fix floating on the web somewhere. Try looking up deadspace mouse fix.

Actual DOOMbabby here and never played a Doom game until recently. So Dead Space 1 got a lot of its aesthetics from Doom 3, right? But is just like a better, tighter game.

Watch Event Horizon and everything will make sense.

It's one of my favorite movies.

>ITS SCARY AF, D:

Attached: 1550791671893.jpg (680x681, 104K)

F U C K YOUR MARKER
U
C
K

Attached: 1533040165599.png (1132x648, 274K)

Dead Space is LITERALLY just Alien + System Shock + The Thing.

have sex

Oldfag here, it was shit on back in the day for being an action shooter with jump scares. I always enjoyed it though.

>always ready gor the enemy in elevator spook through 1 and it never happens
>play 2 and start to lower my guard
>they pull it in one of the ladt elevators in the game and i get spooked

Attached: 1564691281797.png (318x303, 148K)

And that’s great

>the hospital
Don't...

Attached: 1563225311921.jpg (400x394, 53K)

Isn't there a drawn-out elevator ride in 1 where those running fuckers drop down through the elevator? I'm sure it's around that part where you have to clear away all the space debris.

How would possibly killing your own comrades be useful in a riot?

ofc, just letting him know it wasn't Doom 3. Doom 3 probably borrowed from the same sources.

>the fucking Hospital
Please don't mention that

Attached: 1528671402056.png (629x608, 285K)

>The Ishimura in DS2
I related with Issac during that segment. I wanted nothing to do with that place

Attached: 1491336790356.png (448x710, 359K)

>Walk into decontamination room in DS1
>Know exactly what is going to happen and it does.
>Walk into the same room in DS2
>It doesn't happen.
>It happens on the return trip when you've let your guard down.

Don't forget it was also compared to RE4 constantly and people always complained asking why it ever got popular at all. I still remember entire threads getting derailed into Resident Evil vs. Dead Space arguments until bump limit, or threads where people would bring the series up as the death of horror video games. At least you got good threads arguing about the guns from time to time and people talking about Unitologist script.

Attached: 1359495896017.jpg (404x313, 54K)

>loved 1 and 2, still fairly hyped for 3 even with all of EA's bullshit
>convince a friend to get it with me for some ayy stomping co op
>it's more shit than I could have ever imagined and we drop it after a couple incredibly miserable hours
>never play it again and to this day my friend still brings it up whenever I recommend a game
seriously FUCK DS3

>a game so disappointingly shit that it ruins your future game recommendations

Attached: 1560349603377.jpg (706x960, 51K)

>The game knows your guard is up so high it does asolutely nothing for the bulk of the time you're there
They aced the feeling of dread in that place right down to when you arrive

||Same with the fucking tentacle hole. First time you walk past it with PTSD feelings, nothing. Second time, you get grabbed. Making you go back on that ship was legit evil.||

>Second time, you get grabbed
>Freak the absolute fuck out because PTSD
>It's just a hallucination
FUCK THAT PLACE

Attached: 1456467738388.jpg (668x775, 184K)

>it's a comfy Dead Space thread
Ah, it's that time again

Attached: 1546052507260.png (400x397, 244K)

ooouUAuAuuuoouoAAAAhGHHHHHHhhhh
*plop*

Attached: 1542097938317.jpg (2000x2138, 316K)

Reminder that these poor motherfuckers are still alive

Anybody with taste will tell you that the first Dead Space is a great game.

Kinda ruined by the 2nd run when you know you're mostly safe but man the first time is incredible.

This game is so comfy.

Attached: 1549086910435.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Best suit scorpion suit

What the fuck was her problem?

Attached: 1550188444855.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

UNAUTHORIZED VISITOR
MAINFRAME

MAKE ASSHOLE AGAIN

Weller had best RIG.

Attached: Weller_in_his_RIG.jpg (720x427, 51K)

pirate it, don't give EA money

Fuck I miss the suits from this game, they got the “iron man” feel so well done

Yep, that eding was straight out cosmic horror
It was amazing, and it was a nice send off from the developers, that knew EA was gonna kill dead space

Attached: 1385336001506.png (324x310, 18K)

What did the devs mean by this?

Attached: dbbcf6d4-f12e-42e0-acbb-931d9af924cd.jpg (1024x768, 38K)

Can i emulate this somehow, or is it all waggle?

>no scare factor
Nigger wtf, the feeder parts were scary as fuck, how overwhelming they were in the drill part and how they just didnt stop coming inside the prehistoric beast that you brought back to life

Attached: file.png (622x339, 375K)

Attached: 371.png (439x373, 345K)

Yes, but you would also need dlc to have ending

As much as I want the series to continue, the end of DS3 plus Awakened were absolutely awesome cosmic horror. I wish all of DS3 could have played with "are we necromorphs?" though, with all of the hallucinations I can't believe we never got a chance to shoot people we thought were zombies.

>cliche evil military thing
>he thinks the ZOG army is not evil

Attached: 1250032334813.jpg (554x680, 65K)

powerful, but non ironically

It's called a spiritual successor. People want more of thing, but trademark is dead and story is finished.

I have this on a hoodie. Its dope

Attached: Dead (in) Space.png (723x621, 875K)

>how overwhelming they were in the drill part
The atmosphere for the drill part was ruined with the fucking hilarious dialogue right before it.

>Ellie: Isaac, you won't believe... What is that noise!?
>Um, a giant drill blocking my way out. Maybe I can lower the safety gates.
>Is that wise?
>One way to find out.
>after lower the safety gates seconds later
>Ellie!?! I'm trapped and the drill is trying to kill me!

Fucked up the cropping a bit

Attached: Dead (in) Space (2).png (718x617, 556K)

Not so much Iron Man, but a very cool collapsible space suit. Did anyone else hate the helmets constantly coming off, though? Leave it on, voice modulation is cool.

Attached: MV5BNzgzYjYxY2EtMjhlMi00MTJiLWI0MjQtMmE0NDVkMmVhODg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,17 (1777x999, 223K)

If you wanna give EA money. The game's cool.
I'd rather pirate it and paypal the devs though.

Prey (2017) is better.

Test

What happened in dead space 1? Was there a hospital level? I tried looking it up but all I'm getting is normie tier dead space 2 hospital level but nothing about dead space 1 version so can someone explain this meme to me please?

Dead space games are all horror themed shooters and not actual horror games or horror survival games, there's not a single drop of subtlety in most of the games except for a few moments (like reexploring the Ishimura in dead space 2 or a few moments of quiet buildup in dead space one).

I still think theyre good games but ya know, they're shoot em ups.

Attached: angry frog.jpg (564x848, 65K)

if you think Dead Space is scary then you frankly are a retarded pussy

I agree. They can have tense moments but they are macabre action at their core.

>reexploring the Ishimura in dead space 2
That and doing the side quests in the derelict ships in space in DS3 are the peak of the franchise

good, straight horror is gay and boring.

The hospital was so bad I wrote it out of my memory. I can tell you about the stasis-infused fuckers, all the other shit, but not that.

morgue not hospital

dead space 2 has good replayability and the perfect ration of cinematography not making it a movie-game.

>current era
>era of remasters
>EA
>yeah we don't do those lol buy our new fully priced shovelware
Fuck

Attached: 1562971148389.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

except that Dead Space 1 was already that. Even the developers said that they dropped a System Shock inspired game in exchange for doing a RE4 ripoff

>that level where you turn off the oxygen supply to put out a fire

My dreams don't care I know they are dreams and I can't do shit. My mind is shattering because I can't discern reality from dreams anymore.

saved

Attached: 1561346890853.jpg (1876x1651, 832K)

indeed also saved

Disclaimer: I love Resident Evil and I love Resident Evil 5
Poor's man Resdient Evil 5, only pro is Isaac being mental.

I never use anything but
SWS Motorized Pulse Rifle.
C99 Supercollider Contact Beam
sometimes the RC-DS Remote Control Disc Ripper
and good old Plasma Cutter.

I was just there literally 20 minutes ago.

I love these.

Attached: Iron_Man_And_Some_Fag.jpg (488x361, 36K)

Use Dolphin. You can use your mouse.

Gotta clear out the trenches somehow.

Why the fuck do we have a javelin gun that shoots electricity.

He actually kind of looks like Isaac Clarke

kek I never saw this one

Attached: 1533019876568.jpg (640x528, 217K)

>everyone always afraid of the hospital in 1
>am always more afraid of the crew quarters
Anyone else know this feel?

>tfw fianlly do the kill ubermorph glitch in 2
Sweet vengeance.

Attached: MagicalCumTransfusion.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Attached: 1477486321134.jpg (780x1060, 212K)

What the fuck even was this thing? It just appeared out of nowhere when you broke into the government sector, walking slowly through the hordes of regular necros rushing in. I don't remember any logs mentioning it either, it's just THERE stalking your ass like it's on a mission

Attached: 1395020957737.jpg (191x195, 15K)

Supposedly a relative to the hunter from ds1 due to having the same insane healing

Different version of the Ubermorph from 1.

It has the hiveminds "face" so I guess it's just supposed to be a more advanced necromorph that can command other necromorphs. I think it does have the specific mission of killing Isaac but that doesn't make much sense because the marker is in the process of using Isaac and has been for a while. I don't know if it's a plot hole or that necromorphs and the marker aren't necessarily working to the same goal.

Every time I play DS1 all I use is the plasma cutter. It just feels so right, why use anything else?

The relationship between the Markers and the Necromorphs was always weird. Especially in 1. In 1 it was almost as if they were opposing yet symbiotic forces.
>marker broadcasts a signal of recombinant flesh
>also broadcasts signals to live humans to STOP the outbreak
>wants to be on the pedestal to stop the Necromorphs
>rejoining the pedestal also sends out an EMP that sends the continent chunk hurtling towards the marker AND hivemimd to destroy them both
>becomes straight up evil in the sequels
Just weird. I liked the ambiguity in 1.

Didn't that have something to do with black vs red Markers? It's been years since I played and I can't remember

The plasma cutter is just a glorified pistol. Nothing about it feels right. How the fuck could something like that be a genuine tool? Out of all the weapons in DS the only thing that makes any sense is it's conceivable that Isaac could jury rig a flamethrower together.

>dude you HAVE to play re4 it's gotyay
>the controls are fucking horrible
>give dead space a try
>has working controls
Gives me hopes for a re4 remake with modern controls, it does look like a fun game from let's plays.

Attached: re4-broken-butterfly.gif (444x250, 540K)

All the markers yet encountered in the games have been red markers. They're all copies of a black marker which the moons apparently send out.

The weight of Isaac is what does it for me. It controls the pacing and makes combat much more about planning and control rather than running around and spamming guns/stasis. This in turn makes the horror aspect a lot stronger.

It's a genuinely bad port, screen tearing, uncapped framerate fucks up the physics, and the mouse sensitivity has to be edited in the config file. Worth it you can get around these problems though.

The marker wants to use Isaac's brain, I'm not sure it needed the rest of him intact for that

The red marker in 1 might have just been retarded since it was an early experiment. Placing it on its pedestal basically put it in hibernation so it would stop feeling how retarded it was

I meant it mechanically feels right, but your arguments that it doesn't fit into the world are shit anyway.

Based

Attached: 6d5333802d6e780bcafb5550f40c2010.jpg (751x1063, 153K)

>pretty solid
>rail shooter
pick one grandpa

Holy shit, you're kinda right about that.

Attached: ed086512f61f69131f7c047fa7a15c93.jpg (370x600, 47K)

Played 1 and 2 recently. I didn't like how they gave Isaac actual lines, and it felt way shorter than the first game. I really hated the shooting asteroids parts from the first one though.

The era of silent protagonists is gone, they all have to be voiced nowadays.

I'm split on this. Since they gave him a face, giving him lines makes sense, and him being an engineer means solving problems on his own instead of just listening to what button to press. If he was just helmet man, I'd agree with keep him speechless, apart from the stomping.

Assuming they figured out a way to get around needing a ground clamp, a plasma cutter IRL would be a very effective weapon, I could see it becoming ranged and portable in the far future.

If it makes any sense, I think it's spitting out its entire "file directory" and someone will get the "master file" the other Brethren Moons might need to abort one if it was somehow fucked up.

Gosling in a live action R-rated Dead Space movie. Guaranteed certified kino

I would've been happier with a new MC in the same universe, would've made more sense and I think nu-isaac's character isn't bad, it just clashes awfully with fine-killing and breathing.

but i like the helmet animation

LINE CHADS WW@

the thing I loved about dead space, was as freaky as it was, especially playing late at night, and in the dark, I always felt like the game equipped me with the tools needed to fucking tear shit up. I fucking loved it.

also dead space 3 had unironically the best weapon system. mixing and matching weapons was a lot of fun. it was about the only thing it had though.

Needs to have practical effects for the necromorphs, too, at least most of them. Glossy CGI everything is cancer

>entire movie is told from the tps perspective with the camera only swinging around for talking segments

youtube.com/watch?v=MATYVURNnwk

This game could've been good if EA didn't ruin it and do that dumb planet eating shit.

I don't want to fight planets.

Using a planet cracking ship to dismember an evil sentient fleshmoon would be cool though

Are Necromorphs unstoppable because Marker = Mental illness?

They need to find a way to block the mind control.

dead space 1: wow, neat story that leaves a lot open to interpretation. doesn't feel the need to explain everything to you.

dead space 3: everything devolved into a giant living moon that wants to eat you.

What makes you think EA was responsible for that dumb idea? EA is the easy scapegoat but the reality is most of what went wrong with DS3 came from Visceral, not EA. A new director took over for DS3. His background was marketing. He was a long time Visceral employee. EA didn't put him in that position, Visceral did. He was responsible for two bombs from Visceral; Dead Space 3 and Battlefield Hardline. EA subsequently fired him.

>reinstalled Dead Space after seeing a thread about on Yea Forums a few days ago
>about to start it up
>remember I'll just end up using the cutter all game again
Give me your favorite weapon that's not the cutter. I really want to try out the buzzsaw, but it seems like it would suck on bosses.

That actually sounds really good. For once, I legitimately want a vidya-movie adaptation. Imagine Gosling grittily struggling with a necromorph in hand-to-hand combat while struggling with a dead waifu that he blames himself for, they could genuinely copy+paste the first game and it'd still be good for newcomers and fans alike.

He even screams like Isaac.

I even liked Dead Space 3. Shame they killed the franchise.

The bosses usually have explosive tanks near them in case your ranged weapons are shit. You could also get the contact beam for bosses, I think it does big burst damage, haven't used it in a long while though.

>all those dead aliens in the underground city huddled together while the giant ones can be seen holding hands with one another
>they knew their whole race was fucked because of the markers and the moon
>destroying their entire civilization with the giant weather machine was the only thing that could prevent what happened to them from happening to others
>it didn't even matter in the end

Attached: 1527317337476.png (600x608, 61K)

kys zoomer

Only if you're a copfag

Fund it! Hammond can be played by Laurence Fishburne. Its still not too late for this idea if they can't make Ds4

Attached: images (88).jpg (563x545, 29K)

Top kek

Maybe i should play this game again. I was having fun but i got to a part where I ran out of ammo or was it that i died it got sent back to a last save that put me all the way back. I dont remember

I remember this part in DS3

required viewing
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

Mind you, you could sort of see his reaction to things through the objectives tab. it's just that most of the dialog in DS2 feels coming from a very shitty action movie.