Ooblets EGS

AND ANOTHER ONE GONE
AND ANOTHER ONE GONE
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
Who else bought their merch 2 years ago like a dipshit?

Attached: bites ze dusto.png (632x1045, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a
youtube.com/watch?v=1V0X31Ncwcg
store.steampowered.com/app/823950/ReLegend/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally who?

In that case you already gave them some money, and Timmy's got your back for the rest

Attached: 56okc5l0o.gif (350x350, 141K)

I'm not even mad at exclusives anymore.

If anything, the devs' post on the subject is what really pissed people off.

Can you imagine being this much of an asshat instead of just saying, "Yeah we took the deal because we needed money. Sorry 'bout that."

>"oopsie doopsie we made a fucky wucky" but unironically
I knew this game was going to be by fags for fags but that's some commitment

>nothing to get worked up about
You can say that again. Who the fuck are they and what the fuck is this?

>Some soulless garbage game that is meant to do nothing other than milk money from """gamers""" is selling out before even release
AAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1559226829063.jpg (839x1191, 144K)

>it's not a big deal that no one buys our game
BECAUSE EPIC IS GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE BAYBEEEEEEE!!!!

Attached: creepy_wanker_hands_out_free_games.png (918x964, 749K)

Thanks for another free game, Timmy Tencent! Much glory to china!

>ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
>"Care more about human rights abuses, gamers!"
>Takes money indirectly from one of the greatest human rights abusers on the planet
What did they mean by this? Also yeah, don't care about exclusives, but I don't see why they had to be so salty about this.

Looked like shit anyways.

>their announcement is headed by a video of the MC flossing
Are the devs Erdrick posters?

user, you do realize these types of posts only work when it’s something people actually care about like borderlands 3, Outer Worlds, and Metro, right?

Hahaha what scumbags.
At least be honest about it you pieces of trash.

>a few months later
>WHAAAAAA NO ONE BOUGHT MY GAME IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

They dont care they already got paid with Chinese blood money

>Ooblets

Was this the one Pokemon game on Discord people kept shilling?

Why would they care, they already got paid for expected sales in the deal

They are being honest. They're saying they did it for the money and that anyone who disagrees with them is trash, which they are. I admire their honesty, but am only upset that they mention "human rights abuses" as being a thing that people should be focused on instead when Tencent, a Chinese company, owns 40% of Epic. Every time you look at this game, think of the Uyghur camps. Think of Hong Kong's democracy slowly being crushed. Think of slave labor to build electronics. Think of a dictator who banned Winnie the Pooh.

No. You're thinking about TemTem.
kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a

It's fitting, Ooblets belongs in the oubliette, where games go to be forgotten.

Another free game? Thanks

shit you're right. thank you tim

You do know that it's not that kind of thread, right? It's just an opportunity to talk about a game I was looking forward to, because people will post in any thread that has to do with EGGS.

Attached: 1471020178547.jpg (700x570, 98K)

Was anyone really that hyped for the shitty tumblr the game, game?

This would be a valid argument if every company on Earth weren't doing business with China despite all the shit they do.

Judging by the way they talk, they’re going to care eventually. Their shortsightedness means they gleefully took the paycheck because they’re greedy scumbags, but their “artsy” estrogen-guzzling personalities mean when their garbage game is quickly forgotten you can be damn sure the blog posts will start rolling out with them crying that nobody liked their visionary masterpiece.

And they’re effectively branded for life, so nobody’s going to trust them on any future projects. Timmy’s money won’t last them forever, especially if they’re paying rent in a place like San Fran.

Why is every single dev that does an egs exclusive a condescending prick?

Eh, if they already got their big paycheck from China then I don’t see how they’d need my money anyway

Post yfw Epic gets so big that everyone starts flocking to them to the point where they stop paying devs upfront for expected sales because of some bullshit reason like “it’s to much to keep track of now”
Leading to millions of indie devs bitching on Twitter for not getting gook money now

Attached: 62C7D67C-FB8B-4B30-964C-562F6FB48185.jpg (720x720, 24K)

Because the people who are willing to sell out due to cowardice are the same people who mistakenly think they're better than everyone else.

You'd be a prick too if you got loads of fuck you money.

They shouldn't. It's fucking disgusting, and I try to avoid giving money to the CCP whenever I can. I ordinarily wouldn't care but they mentioned human rights abuses. I assume they only care about whatever American human rights abuses they see, because they have no qualms about taking Chinese blood money.

This looked like the most feminine/gay shit ever in a bad way, it makes Animal crossing look manly.
Turns out the devs are pieces of shit what a surprise next you will tell me they are SJWs, who could see this coming!

It's funny how Epic is almost exclusively focusing on titles that PC Gamer is going out of its way to hype up, often at its E3 shows but also in its general reporting. Thank god PC Gamer has such dogshit taste or Epic might actually buy up games that are worth a damn.

the best thing about EGS is that they can only buy single player exclusives because any multiplayer game is going to to be dead on arrival, meaning there's no reason to not pirate them.

thanks tim!

I have 0 problems with using the Epic Store, even had it installed for a couple weeks so I could play Dauntless.
However to tell others they should worry about "serious issues" is pretty hilarious and condescending, and so is the attitude posted on OP saying "Hurr durr I bet you wouldn't buy our game anyway!!!"
Honestly? I use mostly steam. If I saw Ooblets around, I would probably give it a try. I like pokémon like games. Now that is out of side, I would have trouble remembering it even existed.
However, the dev made sure that, if I ever decide to play this, it's going to be a pirate. Hope he can worry about starving kids or whatever and not get mad.

>epic pays for my pirated copy of them game
thanks epic

>it's okay because Steam did it 15 years ago

I hope the devs won't mind me pirating their game then, I need to send my money to charity to fund an NGO helping out child soldiers in Africa.

Tetris effect is literally the only game they sniped I only slightly care about and I wrote that off as PS4 exclusive so I struggle to mentally register it.

>Epic continues paying devs so we can pirate without remorse

THANKS TIM

Attached: i2LR4kh0bzCdzks4w07fSiX9RwijYGHJ0N5y27Zhe3c.jpg (540x390, 37K)

Why can't they simply just say "We needed money to eat and they gave us a better deal, sorry?" Why does it have to turn into "HAHA FUCK YOU GAMERS SEETHE WE'RE GREAT AND YOU'RE AWFUL?" I assume there's some sort of major undercurrent where these devs fucking hated being on Steam and now they're burning bridges.

The game doesn't look worth it even for free.

Some game ive never heard of is exclusive

Oh no

OOPSIE WOOPSIE

WE DID THE THING

HOOPSIE POOPSIE

TIM BOUGHT US OUT WOOPSIE DOOPSIE DOO DOO

fucking niggers fuck off with yoru dog shit thread and dog shit indie game nobody cares faggoto

Because being too broke to eat is shameful and demonstrates severe incompetence. They need to justify it as more than just paying the bills or greed. Hence the word vomit.

>female programmer
There was a literal zero percent chance this game was going to be good anyway

Attached: 1533956850041.jpg (552x460, 60K)

>condescendingly explaining why your previous post was not condescending

Attached: 1535768268594.png (454x469, 499K)

faster

Oh, this. Finally remembered the name. The girl developing it is alright but didn't she dump the pokemon fights for the retarded dance offs? I'm not surprised in the slightest.

No, he was thinking about this, but this wasn't shilled by Discord afaik

Attached: E5CE76AA-70ED-44D5-872F-7647651F3D4B.png (329x347, 98K)

I mean it's pretty obvious that Epic isn't going to keep doing this "guaranteed sales" idiocy forever. Not every game can be a big success, it's just the way things are.

Another free game, thank you based tim.

Attached: meaty whack.png (500x481, 398K)

Why the fuck would you people the "BUT THERE ARE BIGGER PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD" card in the context of fucking video games? By saying that don't they realize they're saying "why are you spending money on video games when you can spend money helping your fellow man?" Are all these fucking EGS-exclusive devs absolutely retarded.

They bought Chivalry 2.

>Epic games store

Is this some kind of out of season april fool's joke?

Attached: terraria-cover.jpg (271x377, 33K)

>Mentions Marx in the first few sentences
I don't even care if they did it because "it's just a meme," how the fuck does anyone still find le ironic communism funny?

Attached: 1395095415169.jpg (1314x1036, 143K)

>Ironic
They are literally getting CCP money.

I made an Epic account to get my free copy of Shadow Complex because I loved that game. Turns out if you just develop your own games, then no one minds if you make em exclusive to your proprietary trash heap. All this moneyhat exclusive shit rubs me the wrong way so much that I'm unlikely to ever use that Epic account ever again. If they had released Shadow Complex 2, I would have happily bought it day one, but instead they decided to be little bitches whose exclusives I'd rather pirate.

It's the only thing that made me seethe, because they're getting money from a country that is now currently training to brutally murder thousands of Hong Kongers.

>bro worry more about human rights/climate change

So why did they use Epic's money to make their indie game instead of using that towards building solar panels for poor african villages? They should follow their own advice

Attached: Untitled.png (605x43, 3K)

More like literally whoblets?

Aren't gooks vietnamese? You're thinking of insects since it's chinese money.

>the virgin oobcuck vs the chad temtemer

Attached: b_temtem_12[1].jpg (1000x331, 287K)

>boohoo why developers want make money

I think epic should really make sure their bought out dev's don't say a word because if these retards are anything to go by, they'll just make asses of themselves like the apes behind the PR team for this game

>ooblets community

Attached: 1550334379455.png (967x89, 13K)

i fucking hate those kind of devs with my guts, they think everyone is some kind of white guy with credit cards or whatever, steam is legit the only play where i can buy vidya because of regional pricing and paying methods
fuck this

>inb4 kys monkey

Why the fuck would you want to play a Pokemon rip-off where the Pokemons look absolutely fucking soulless?

I don't give a shit if devs sell out. No skin off of my dick. But when they do it with the excuse that selling out gives them the ability to make the game with less compromises it comes off as a flat out lie considering there's a huge compromise being made.

>Why can't they simply just say "We needed money to eat and they gave us a better deal, sorry?"
That's literally what they said, read the post. The only reason you guys are interpreting it as condescending is because of your enormous victim complex

Seriously, I can't imagine you'd get anywhere near as much hate if you were just honest that it was purely out of financial necessity. Maybe Epic has some clause where they force you to act like their store is somehow better for them rather than just purely being a moneyhat.

>Fucking EGS shill spends all of the thread on fucking Skatebird getting rejected from EGS trying to say the game being "shit" is why it got rejected and not because the Kickstarter had steam keys
>Now fucking EGS completely shows their lack of quality control with Tumblr Pokemon being an exclusive

Attached: 1411436977165.png (844x467, 621K)

the compromise has nothing to do with the development of the game itself, only with what store it is sold on

You read the post. That's not all they said. Obviously.

What am I even reading?

don't matter
will pirate and seed for as long as possible tho

Was just about to post this. If you absolutely have to force yourself to play some cheap western pokemon knockoff, might aswell play temtem. Looks better, plays better, has actual multiplayer elements, has a team behind it, you can actually understand the gameplay. I still dont fucking get what the fuck you do in ooblets. Do you fight? Do you play cards to fight? Dance mechanics? Gardening? It feels convulated in presentation.

They might be SJWs but they haven't really shown any political leanings aside from the post above, if one could even surmise from that. I haven't checked up on them for a year or two now though so that could've changed.

>dev comes out and says they just did it for the money
>FUCKING GREEDY JEWS, EPIC'S CHINESE BOTNET SWIPES ANOTHER GAME, FUCKING SJWS
don't even pretend this wouldn't be the response

Of course the retard arguing with me isn't going to bother speaking correct English. THAT IS A COMPROMISE considering selling the game is the point of making the game how you sell the game is a part of how customers interact with the game.

>Its not meant to be condescending, just honest, EXCEPT FOR DISMISSAL OF FACTS
Whatever, its an indie game, and I know they need the money. Just SAY you did it for the money and stop. Don't tell me its good for me. Don't tell me its good for the industry. Don't fucking bullshit it. Just say you did it for the money and shut the fuck up.

Why do developers want to make money, but also expect the people they're fucking over to still like them? They can take all of Tim's money, but why do they think it doesn't come with strings attached and that they're being attacked out of nowhere?

I wonder what would happen if one of these exclusives ended up having some content that was very heavily anti-china in them. Would Tencent get in hot water over that? Financially supporting media that is critical of the party?

>Why is every single dev that does an egs exclusive a condescending prick?
Contrarians usually are

They already had this nailed when they picked up Klei, Supergiant and Obisidian's games.

>Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokémon. Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the dynamic online world.

chad goty game?

I think they expect the people they're "fucking over" to not be big fat babies who can't deal with opening another launcher

>dump the pokemon fights for the retarded dance offs?
really? Thats retarded
Its another muh violence chick huh
Or maybe they want the undertale audience

>A DEVELOPER HURT MY FEELINGS

guys stop

>flosses in the image for that post
yeah I kind of wanted to play that game, now Im going to do it for free.

Thank you based Tim for paying for my copy!

Attached: 1392239418765.jpg (500x500, 62K)

They really missed the chance to pick up Devotion before the patch

Why aren’t they buying more AAA games rather than indie shit?
You’d think that would be a bigger priority since it rakes in waaaay more customers.
Not to mention that unlike indie devs they don’t fucking say dumb shit like what the Ooblets team.
Seriously, what are they planning? What’s holding them back from buying more AAA shit?

Attached: BA6DCFB1-D9ED-45D5-8C1D-37486034E43B.png (1024x862, 1.07M)

>Not catering to people who don't buy your games
IF ONLY OTHER COMPANIES WERE THIS FUCKING SMART

>we're not condescending!
>continues on to be condescending in that very fucking post
Jesus Christ, what an asshole.

>getting a contract with Epic has become a publicity stunt in addition to getting a better deal on sales
Really makes you ponder, no one gave a shit about numale indie game #4715 before today but now everyone has a very strong opinion on it, guess who's the retard now

Attached: 54c5bdd4637bc863d11e7e143b4d9fbd83a409dcr1-474-497v2_uhq.jpg (474x497, 22K)

As always the epic shills refuse to acknowledge that the problem people have with EGS has nothing to do with needing to move their mouse and click it. Stop arguing like a disingenuous asshole and pay attention to what people actually have issues with.

Good thing Klei and SuperGiant are being smart about it.

Only the EA versions of the games will be exclusive to Epic.

>hey guys we're going to launch on a popular, well made store
>make sure to donate lots of mone!
>thanks for all the mone, now Tim senpai will notice me!
>thanks for the free advertising Steam users, come buy our game over here now
At least it's not as bad as Shenmue's DLC fiasco. You suck, get fucked, end of story.

So coNDeCsENDiNg WAAAAAAAAH WHY WON'T THEY LET ME PLAY ON SWEAM

Oh sure, for some folks, but I certainly wouldn't harbor any ill will over it and I can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way. I can't blame people for taking money they desperately need when there's no guarantee their game will sell even if it's good. I only find it despicable when it's a kickstarter game that sells out its backers like Shenmue and Phoenix Point. For those games, there is no excuse, they are greedy pieces of shit.

looks comfy

>haha fuck gamers and fuck people who dont like what we say
>btw if you disagree with anything we said in any way youre a manchild
>*post criticism*
>HAHA, we knew it. We can not ignore everything you said because we said that if you disagree with our stance youre a kid lmao
Why even bother talking to people that are not your "target audience" in the first place then?

oh you mean the xenophobic bullshit about chinese botnets right? yeah definitely gonna listen to those people

>one of the greatest human rights abusers on the planet
>Epic Games

Attached: jellydog.webm (832x720, 527K)

>"Not intended as condescending"
>Is the most condescending thing I've read in a good long while.

Attached: doggohit.gif (400x225, 1.2M)

So why are they spending years of their life making a stupid video game when they could help feed starving children to raise money for charity?

What a bunch of selfish assholes.

Attached: 15387111303.png (357x357, 160K)

Quite a few Yea Forumsirgins have been looking forward to Ooblets for some time and I think you'd know that if you frequented the board. I found out about the game through Yea Forums.

You just can't help yourself. You need to strawman everything. I'm not surprised you don't know how to type English.

I'll use the EGS when attempting to uninstall and reinstall my games doesn't fuck up every other game in my library (still happening since UT Alpha was released on it). Still waiting!

I know we're all on storefronts wars currently but can someone actually explain to me what the fuck is this game about?

So it's like a Pokemon+Animal Crossing game with an utterly dogshit artstyle/designs?

>indirectly

They get a fucking paycheck from Epic, six months of MAYBE a couple hundred copies legit sold to actual customers and then no one gives a shit about their game when it hits Steam so they become another fucking indie dev crying that their shit game doesn't sell on Steam
Wow man, they owned the fuck out of me

Attached: 1378081320398.jpg (308x291, 14K)

my dude the last thread about this full of people screaming about how EGS was a chinese plot to put tracking shit on US computers. that's what every thread about this devolves into, don't even try to sidestep it because it's a huge part of the narrative here.

Well I mean like Epic and tencent don't realize what they're funding, they give a bunch of money to this game and it has a whole storyline about the mistreatment of Tibet or something. What would happen? Would anything happen or would china just turn a blind eye?

yeah don't fucking lie on top of it all now, this is like the 4th thread on this subject today, nobody cares about fucking ooblets except for you and your discord tranny friends, or I should say nobody cared because apparently now it's wojak-worthy

>getting mad that Timmy bought everyone's copy in advance
Timmy is fucking based

If i make a pong clone and make it epic exclusive can i get them to give me Money?

Stage 1:
>I won't buy this game because I don't care
Stage 2:
>I won't buy this game because I don't care and also because devs are shitters

Hmm, so this is the power of outrage marketing.

Cringe. I'm not even going to pirate this one.

That depends, was there a big campaign on kickstarter and advertised on the Steam store?

>so heres this post making it into a big deal
>btw stop trying to see it as a big deal, focus on climate change
>also fuck you if you have a different opinion
>oh and if you think its condescending then youre a manchild lmao dont reply to me
The discord ahitshow was the most fun. Thr boyfriend said theyre going offline, but just hid their mod and admin tags and were still up. Then procceeded to talk shit more. Eventually out of nowhere he said that his gf(the dev) is in the shower now and they will go to a restaurant out of fucking nowhere for no reason while talking about a completely different topic.

I just want my Ooblets. Fuck this controversy shit.

tencent AKA the chinese government you fucking retard

it's a low-budget animal crossing clone with retarded tumblr tier artstyle, it was never going to succeed anyway

He meant China. Since Tencent owns a large portion of Epic Games.

You could just... get it on the epic store? what is stopping you from doing that

If advertising actually worked, a big push for piracy would actually be GOOD for these games. Tim's already paying for every lost sale, so there's no reason not to test this theory.

Ooblets devs were scared of Temtem.

>Don't tell me its good for me. Don't tell me its good for the industry. Don't fucking bullshit it
Exactly, just be honest about why you did it, don't try to deflect about how you believe that Epic is going to change the industry when everyone knows that's a load of bullshit. If Epic actually cared about changing that 30% cut then they'd be buying exclusivity from consoles too.

And if you're using that busted argument as a scapegoat you're still not doing what I just fucking told you to do. You're choosing the obvious bullshit to attack instead of the legitimate problems people have with Epic because you don't want to acknowledge that people have legitimate problems with the company and how it's handling this situation. Trying to turn the PC marketplace into an exclusivity vying wasteland like the console marketplace is bad for everyone except for Epic. It gives customers less choices. Nobody has a problem with Epic selling games. People have a problem with Epic forcing the hands of the customers. It's pure, unadulterated greed on their part and the customers are going to be the ones that shoulder the burden of higher prices and less features. If you are a person who buys video games you should be advocating that games be sold at as many different stores as possible.

If you would ever behave as though you support exclusivity for a store you are a fucking shill and you need to fuck off of Yea Forums.

I guess i can make a fake kickstarter and back it myself
Thats how people got rich off the ouya

Doesn't matter. Epic games guarantees them half a million sales or so. They made bank and can pretty much retire. Their public image will eventually recover. It always does.

Meanwhile an actually good western pokemon knockoff is already in playable alpha and doing well.
youtube.com/watch?v=1V0X31Ncwcg

shut the fuck up you reddit-spacing mouthbreather, you damn well know that there will be roasties reading these retarded articles and think those blue blobs are sooo cute that now they HAVE to get this doll house simulator, Yea Forums's opinion on this doesn't matter

>care more about human rights abuses
the likes of abuses which the Chinese carries out every hour of the day? It takes a lot of audacity to cry about muh human rights when Timmy Tencent and the abusive chink regime he works are responsible for more than their fair share of exploitation and abuse.

>all the people like this saying it's not condescending
>devs literally dismissing customer's worries as insignificant and handling them like idiots
>writing shit like "You’ll have to install EGS if you wanna buy Ooblets on PC. I know that’s asking a lot but I believe in you and your ability to download a free thing and create a user account "

Your teachers and loved ones must have loathed every single one of you for you to believe that kind of thing is normal.

Attached: normal.jpg (597x634, 69K)

Cheers Tim!

Because AAA games are not that desperate and maybe know the bad publicity is not worth it for some money, well except Gearbox, but they are actually retarded

Do you read your post before sending it and think about the fact that you're an adult man using terms like "estrogen-guzzling personalities" to talk about a video game you don't like?

>MUH CLIMATE CHANGE
>MUH BIGGER PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD

LMAO THIS ARGUMENT
Do none of these tards realize that they're essentially selling fucking toys? Buying games doesn't benefit starving children in Africa or human trafficking rings or endangered animals or fucking melting polar ice caps.

>we did the thing you hate
>but maybe fuck you???

you guys will say that game looks great and ooblets looks like shit despite them having the same art style

Okay so what do you do in the game. Its pokemon. Give me a quick rundown of the main game loop and why i should care about it

AAA shit is more expensive and most people will buy it on consoles anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if buying a dozen totally different indie games is cheaper than a single big budget game and gives better results.

I'd respect them more if they put their balls out and said it this brazenly.
>Yeah, we took the money. Suck my dick. Choke on it.

Its okay user, based tim is giving it out for free.

>same artstyle
Wrong. Ooblets is mostly flat color pastels, while temtem has a good mix of actually handdrawn textures even if its huge details and broad strokes.

>we did the thing
God I hate people who talk like that.

While I have seen threads about it and a few people were interested, don't pretend this game was some kind of sleeper hit in the making. There were less people interested than in fucking La Mulana 2 and that game bombed.

I mean it's true the whole launcher seems like fucking malware, but aside frome that the store is barebones as fuck, refunds are a pain, no cart, subpar sale system, plus i don't know if you can search already because before you couldn't, before strawmaning research the shit you are defending faggot

pc mustards only play indieshit, tencent e-sports shit and blizzard e-sports shit.

>ITT: steamcucks seething
lol

Attached: randy.jpg (630x435, 37K)

This post reminded me of the babe.

It was being pushed hard by PC Gamer, with all the free advertising they were giving it, it might have found an audience.

What babe?

>"we did the thing!"
>using upspeak in your typing

Why do grown adults talk like this?

Attached: 1548583367883.jpg (591x734, 48K)

Just pirate it user, Tim already paid for your copy!

Don't worry Yea Forums. I'll make the best indie game of the century and release it on every platform.

Fuck Gooblets, lmao.

Attached: 1533385965241.jpg (1184x1046, 468K)

2K*

Gearbox can't do shit if the publishers wants it on EGS.

>Tim Sweenee: No shitty games on EGS!
>also Time Swindle: *buys every game he can get his hands on*

Shopping cart.

Look at the bright side

With all these EGS exclusivity announcements, we are learning the true colors of a lot of developers that now we can avoid

They really despise gamers, and now that they sold out and don't need gamer money anymore, they get to say it. Very nasty people.

So thank god they're not allowed to be mad if I pirate their game since climate change exists

Jesus what absolute cunts

Only a few autists care about steam vs epic nonsense. Its the fact that literal nobody indie devs have the gall to talk shit and then whine about money a few months later. Its a reaccuring theme
>fuck you, im not making my game for "gamers"
>wtf "gamers" why arent you buying my game gamergate plz help
Followed by a 20min video on why communism would of solved the issue.
Its not what they did, its how they did it.

>you guys will argue over anything
Literally true for any anonymous board.

i'm just going by what i see on here which is almost entirely posts from racists yelling about how china is using fortnite to destroy our democracy or whatever the fuck

apparently they expected pirates

Attached: dig deeper.png (583x140, 28K)

SUSPEND THIS USER FOR THREE DAYS
NOW!!!

>we

I donated the money I would have spent on it to Tibet

Attached: 30226ED7-1F68-44E5-A975-885A20BC8D39.png (600x600, 203K)

AAA publishers all have already launched their own clients, or at least aspire to it. They're not interested in just switching from Gaben to Tim when they could switch from Gaben to their own storefront like EA Origin, b.net, Uplay, B.net launcher (how did Todd get away with that?)
Ubisoft marketing might actually be shilling for Epic only because it's actually helping drive sales off of Steam and to Uplay (not Epic)

Look at the damn thing for a minute and tell me it isn't targeting exclusively women, trannies and twitter warriors. They don't care about heath ledger-posting dank gamers because they know they don't buy games. One thing they do however is get angry everytime the EGS gets a new title. This dumb controversy is just more advertisement for these onions-drinking devs and their audience.

Oh right, sorry, still randy's meltdown is the first thing that came to mind regarding this shit

Tim please, I couldn't possibly have another. My 4tb Hardrive will need to be replaced at this rate!

>something tells me that I can ignore criticism by believing something without any sort of evidence

Attached: 1564438019259.png (199x220, 68K)

I would have bought it if they weren't condescending pricks about it.

This looks like chinkshit

Is this your first time encountering the "royal we"?

I mostly have an issue with doomsayers like acting like Epic will bring about some gaming apocalypse as if console exclusivity is even remotely comparable to platform exclusivity.

>pirate game
>seed and distribute it while sending screenshots
>"umm no sweeties you cant get mad bexause climate change exists and this is what marx would of wanted. Btw if you dare to be negative then you both need to get a life ughhhh... Like... I cant even right now"

It really is irritating that he's a piece of shit who can get money no matter what he says or does.

The person writes like a fucking asshole.

So now all of Yea Forums is royalty?!?

imagine caring about or playing indie shit when japanese aa games exist.

Yes the "true colors" of wanting to make money off of an entertainment product you spent years making. How evil, how terrible of them.

I wonder if one day they will try to get ballsy enough to swipe a console exclusive game.

Thank you, based Tim.

Man the funniest part of E3 this year was during the PC show when they had various vetted tweets scrolling at the bottom of the screen and one of them said "wow with all these great games, I'm gonna need a SHOPPING CART to carry em all!"

>You are not allowed to criticize without being labeled as a potential pirate
We're back to this stigma again. Un-fucking-believable.

>"Can i just remind people that Ooblets does not belong to them personally? Like.. I made it, and Ben made it.. and we used our own money to make it (like all of it) with some help from Patreon. Moving your own product from one platform to another platform is not a scam.."
What a fucking bitch of a dev

Explain why you disagree with the point if you want to act like you disagree with it. The point of course is that exclusivity is bad for customers. Shut the fuck up if you're not going to address the point.

The literal human beans of 2019, which if you didnt know, is the current year.

Its honestly fucking crazy that it's now just out there in the open that Epic is literally buying enough copies from the developers to let them break even, before the game even goes on sale so these chuckle fucks can just make pure unadulterated profit from the gamers™

And honestly, who could resist that? Just take your money and run with it. Why the fuck did these devs think it was okay to just trash talk their entire audience while their video game character flosses? How much contempt do you have for your consumers that you think that's okay and morally superior?

Attached: IMG_20190727_172447.jpg (2048x1538, 135K)

No worry! You can buy a new one for merely $80 now!

doesn't even work because the game is coming out at the end of the year or whatever when anyone who may have read a story about it now already forgot about it
outrage marketing like this would only work if it's done a couple of weeks before release

forgot the pic

Attached: unknown.png (1163x126, 38K)

Yes, now take my shit, toilet

Where are you guys getting your pirated games nowadays? I used to use good old downloads but they went down a while ago.

This guy saw Phil Fish and thought "wow I wanna be like that cool dude"

welcome to Yea Forums, tons of people are doing that in this very thread!

That's what happens when you're the Chad who makes one of the best franchises in the world

People in here aren't being criticized for selling out to Epic.

Wait really?

Based Timmyboy. Taking all the shit in to keep Steam clean.

Attached: bd8.png (279x246, 150K)

All they had to fucking say was "Hey we fucking panicked because Double Fine getting bought by Microsoft means we had to suddenly self publish and Epic was willing to hand us a check to prevent going bankrupt publishing the game"

Attached: 48291289713687.jpg (468x465, 34K)

>we may have used your money, and broke a promise last minute, for more money, but we're sad~

Wasn't this a kickstarter game? You know, made with other people's money and all.

>make games
>hate people who play games
Whats the point?

>dev calls out gaming community for the constant outrage about epic
>gaming community pisses their pants as a result
just zero self-awareness around here huh

>exclusivity is bad for customers
I said not comparable dumbass.

She's not wrong, unless the patreon explicitly promised steam keys

So you agree with what I said you just don't like the way I said it. I don't give a fuck.

>she
this was posted on discord

congs are vietnamese
gooks are koreans
nips are japanese
chinks are chinese (could also be used for most asians)
asian mexicans are philipinos
The art of racial slurs is diverse, user

>say you don't like being spat on
>dev spits in your face
>heh I bet you don't like being spat on.

I guess these devs will fit right in with Epic's other exclusive millenial dev club

Attached: Screenshot_20190427-074805_Twitter.jpg (1080x1219, 346K)

in the same way that the devs aren't entitled to your money, you aren't entitled to having their game however you want

>They don't care about heath ledger-posting dank gamers because they know they don't buy games
What the fuck are you talking about? Most of the people posting the "rise up" shit are doing it to mock the stereotypical "racist gamer", those people are exactly the twitter warriors they want.
Also, generally the grognards are the sort of people who will give random weird obscure shit a try, moreso than random twitter assholes who just play AAA shit and the one token indie of the year.

No matter how you look at it, steam in it's current state is a public toilet full of shit.

>MFW Laughing at EGS panicking when Borderlands 3 fails to sell over 1M copies legitimately due to EGS being a shitshow and Randy being a walking PR disaster

Attached: 1406321962305.png (657x600, 39K)

no, they have a patreon set up but it was almost entirely self-funded

Attached: oof.png (640x556, 60K)

I don't think this person understands that when you make this business decision to go to Epic, you are now exposing your game to people who may not have known it existed. For some this is actually the first time they heard about your game thanks to the twitter news dissemination.

You actually could have gotten a potential buy from me because this game seems kind of interesting and I may have actually used EGS for it if you just came out and said "Epic handed us so much money that it would have been stupid for us to refuse it. Sorry but now it's available only on EGS for PC". Short sweet and honest admission. Something you can't be mad at the devs about, but only Epic for doing these kinds of things.

But now after seeing how terrible you are as a person I don't want to support your game.

Attached: 1562746872777.png (539x616, 529K)

>"not intended to be condescending"
>Writes the most condescending post about it

Attached: 1548991654132.jpg (1080x1075, 129K)

>That guy just stepped in a pile of shit and now his shoes are filthy
>I'm sure it'll be different when I step in shit with my shoes
>wtf these shoes belong to me, how could shit get on them?

Indie devs once again proving themselves masters of public relations.

Attached: 1541156919649.webm (854x480, 2.78M)

>dev jew out to Epic
>dev makes flippant post dismissing any negative reaction from the community
>journos step up to bat for the devs
I'm tired of watching this episode

Gay game is gay

>so much of a bitch that you won't buy a game because the dev made some jokes
sounds like someone's a bit of a snowflake huh?

She's honestly not wrong but it doesn't absolve you of how terrible you just acted about it on social media. There was ZERO REASON to rant about the "angry gamers ™" but you did it anyway because you have a terrible character flaw

WHERE MY TEMTEM NIGGAS AT?

look at the thread you're posting in, 90% of it is "whoa I'd never buy this shit anyway but since it's the perfect opportunity for it: fuck Epic Games and fuck niggers xD"
and as far as this oblets thing goes, it may be obscure, but certainly not weird, and the niche fits the pride-flag waving millenial's taste perfectly

>anyone who dislikes what I'm doing is actually an outside force and should not be paid attention to
lmao

Reporting in.

Attached: 91PxeTueMDL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x966, 194K)

How about you as a dev have some fucking professionalism and decorum about concerns consumers actually have instead of handwaving it off because you have epics cock so far down your throat?

You're responding to some ESL fucker who's being paid to astroturf, don't expect logic.

Curation doesn't benefit the consumer. Not speaking about shovelware but many games series that people like would never be accepted on EGS or GoG just because of the audience it's intended for. Ports would never have been made if not for Steam's open nature. It doesn't help the PC to be a dictator of good games.

Attached: 39279.jpg (590x336, 48K)

Even if you don't agree with the Doomsayers, you still know that Epic isn't going to affect any positive change, so why bother playing devils advocate? Epic is a wolf in sheep's clothing, let people spread hyperbole and misinformation about them, the more the better. I welcome it.

Well I have a absolutely no reason to now. I didn't know about the game, I saw the name and a bit of footage before reading the news story and I was interested. But I can live my life just fine without giving a terribly obsessed and vindictive person more money

How much longer are leftists going to misappropriate a five year old /pol/ meme?

Attached: 1555801111537.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

I mean if their angle is there's other things to worry about then why would you play a video game when that time could be put to human rights activism or charity work?

I mean don't get me wrong i hate chinese people, they are the jews of asia multiplying like rats yto try and take over the world and they should all be killed at birth for a better future, but that does not change the store is barebones and people don't like that instead of fixing their shit, they instead pay developers to force people to install their malware-like launcher

No, I think Epic will have precisely zero effect on the game industry as a whole. Devs get some extra money and those who insist on Steam (because EGS will always be feature-scarce compared to Steam) can wait a year for it. That's hardly a "wasteland" of choice.

>Oobletcels
>Temtemniggers
You're all dumb.
store.steampowered.com/app/823950/ReLegend/
Is where it's at.

Prove me wrong.

>mfw waiting for it to hit gazellegames

Attached: Pepe-3.jpg (640x594, 120K)

>mmo
only if its free

Congratulations. You have no fucking standards and because of this your opinion about what should happen is irrelevant since you don't care either way. You've effectively excised yourself from the conversation. Good riddance.

The email by itself would've been fine without the long autistic blog post.

Attached: t3q53qrfe.png (584x414, 31K)

>no qualms about taking Chinese blood money.

hard to care about people who don't care about eachother

>You can't criticize the CCP without being racist
>You MUST enable their ethnic genocide or you're racist!

Is this not a Monster Rancher-clone instead?

This is honestly one of the most audacious statements I have ever seen about video games. These pricks aren’t getting on the next flight to Yemen. Own it, say you took money, I get THAT. Turning this into a moral conversation about human rights abuses is insanely disgusting.

Attached: 0C3BC102-26B3-4481-8E35-7C364B0FB82F.jpg (702x668, 128K)

Kill yourself

Not an argument. :)

>90% of it is "whoa I'd never buy this shit anyway but since it's the perfect opportunity for it: fuck Epic Games and fuck niggers xD"
You realize that there are a whole lot of people on this board who, despite not necessarily caring about an individual game, will still give it a shot if its cheap and out of the ordinary because they just like games in general.
This is the board where the fucking Undertale fanbase initially started building when the demo was released years before the game came out. This is also a board where you can have a conversation about fucking Otome BL VNs. I guarantee you that there are people here that would buy this game.

>even thought I don't really understand why
Either she does know why and doesn't give a fuck, or never bothered to try to learn why because she doesn't give a fuck. Expressing ignorance despite an attempt at insisting she wants to know more is not going to be believed.

There isn't a single game that got better from egs bribe money.

>we made it
>sure we used your kickstarter and patreon money, but like... Ugh like... Can you not

gamerghazi?

>Used our own money to make it
>Patreon
Hmmm no sweety

You never argued my point so why the fuck should I bother walking down your non-sequiturs? You never explained why you, as a customer, should want less choices. So until you do that you're not going to get any fucking oxygen from me, shill.

dumb redditranny.

Not denying anything you said. While i'm not going to use public toilet it doesn't hurt me in any way.
Steam won't die because pc gaming need a place to put garbage and niche games

>got banned from their discord for posting this with the caption "mfw I finally have money to buy avocado toast and a good school for my wife's son"
Seriously though, that dance animation fucking sucks

Attached: danceparty.webm (506x356, 640K)

There wasn't a Kickstarter

Depends. If the game was already shit then it got better by not showing up on Steam or GOG anymore.

>bot keeps banning people defending the game

Attached: 1535014555743.png (1293x206, 46K)

>Ooblets
>TemTem
Why do these Pokemon ripoffs pick such retarded sounding titles?

Why did you post a picture of Terraria? It is not even on EGS and also why is the eye of Cthulhu out in daylight

looks like hipster turd pokemon/animalcrossing ripoff

Oh Jesus fuck. What is that THING on the right?

Is this what actual soi does to you?

I can't tell if the completely fucked up shoes were a design choice or terrible rendering.

>divisive
I have yet to see anyone support it that wasn't already in bed with them or was apathetic.

Epic is bringing more choice than we had before.
Look. Witcher 3? Only gog and steam. Now we have steam,gog and epic.
Borderlands 3? withouth epic it would be only on steam but now it will be on both steam and epic. Not to mention steam was also doing exclusives at the beginning of their life cycle, pic related.

What now, steamfag?

Attached: 1564683373000.png (1697x925, 76K)

stop giving this game no one would care about attention, you'll make it successful

>Stop complaining about [thing], don't you know children are starving in Africa and the climate is going to shit?

So when are these jokers gonna stop gamedev and dedicate their lives to improving the world in meaningful ways? It's just video games they're making

Fuck off, Xi. Winnie the Pooh, Free Tibet, June 4 1989.

If that were the only part of the story nobody would have a problem. But they're making games exclusive which is explicitly taking choices away. Your argument is nonsensical. Address the problem with exclusivity taking choices away from customers. Explain why customers should want this. Until you do that you're not going to have a fucking argument with me.

>you'll make it successful

Metro Exodus sure as shit wasn't successful

>Epic is bringing more choice than we had before.
excuse me what?

EGS didn't exist until dec retard. No dev wants to bother setting their own launcher with 0 advertising when they can just throw it on Steam with no effort

According to journalists who never publish actual numbers it was super duper successful.

>before you could only eat vanilla icecream, now you can also eat pigeon shit icecream, why aren't you happy

Never understood this "steam is flooded" complaint. Who is sitting there looking through all the new releases? People find out about new games from whatever internet forum, youtube/twitch flavor of the month or being part of a niche genre community. Then you just go straight to the game on steam.

Ah yes. Games that were supposed to come out on both GOG and Steam are now only on Epic.

What great choice.

I'll pirate it and never play it just for the pleasure of knowing that I stole from them.

Attached: 0251_DhaHboLXkAEx2ss.jpg (523x574, 41K)

>Because Epic doesn’t yet have the same market share as their competitors, they offered us a minimum guarantee on sales that would match what we’d be wanting to earn if we were just selling Ooblets across all the stores.
I'm surprised Epic actually okay with them openly saying that.

A literally who walking zombie game sold 700k. Not happening

>that whole statement
The simultaneously best and worst part about indie games becoming popular is the fact people working on these games with negative PR ability are being thrust into PR roles and absolutely fucking up

Piracy isn't theft though

Don't complain, just buy our toys.

Limited exclusivity period.

>gamers are retards lol btw if any reply then theyre manchildren
>group that i dislike are retards lol btw if they dont agree then theyre retards
I need to use this argument more often. Its literally perfect and fool proof.
>indiedevs are retards lol btw if any reply then they prove my point
>shills itt are retards lol btw if any (You) me they prove my point

>Have to go back to 2005 to make your argument
Here's a tip. No one gives a shit about the past.

>the bot tries to censor swear words but it ends up making the entire line bold
How much onions do these devs inject?

>I'll just bloat my HDD with useless shit, up yours epic games!!

>why are you complaining that im pirating your game and seeding it
>ughh maybe start worrying about the climate more instead????
Its perfect.

Which one of you is posting guro in their discord?

Attached: 1540394868302.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Why is everyone so worked up about that? it's literally the first time I've ever head about this game

Don't worry, I'll delete it soon afterwards.
I'll seed the torrent with my fibre optic internet though.

>You’ll have to install EGS if you wanna buy Ooblets on PC. I know that’s asking a lot but I believe in you and your ability to download a free thing and create a user account (if you haven’t already done so to play Fortnite which I KNOW YOU HAVE).
Jesus fucking christ what a cunt. I've never heard of this game but fuck these devs

Attached: 1449361941137.png (1251x713, 739K)

You don't watch E3.

Wait. This is supposed to be a Pokemon-clone? With those creature designs?

Who the fuck wants to play a Pokemon clone where the "Pokemons" all look like creatures even worse than a god damn Tamagotchi.

I've had this wishlisted on steam for so long

fuck off

See the part where I said legitimately
The money Epic used to buy the deal with Borderlands 3 is gonna be considered sales to inflate the sales numbers

It's probably their brand new mocap rig fucking up

I do, was it from this year?

They are not taking your choice, you never had one before(because most games are steam exclusives paid or not paid, i don't care. changes nothing from my perspective). If you want to play straight away after release you will have as many choice as before, zero. But after a few months you will be able to choose. It's not that hard is it now?

Lmao what? Gib screencaps, got banned on my main and alt

the twist was that you grow the creatures as if they were crops

>They are not taking your choice
Wrong. Shut the fuck up until you get an argument.

>pirate their game
>continuosly copy it brtween two disks creating a new unique copy each time
>singlehandedly cause them to go bankrupt

Ah so the false flagging begins. Resetera are fast. I wonder how many death threats they sent under names like Smith White and John Caucaisian

Oh noooooo, not [LITERALLY WHO]...fuck bros...we got to cocky...what went wrooooong?

How else would you calculate the price of exclusives? That's literally the only method that makes sense. Did you think it was just a flat fee?

But will it have incredibly autistic IV breeding?

>Farm and life sim

Uh yeah, already got that covered months ago bro...

Attached: 87f7490980a084eae94d468615207297a867fa8b.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

Why do people think Valve will magically start making non service games again when Epic is not even making anything except Fortnite updates?

Or you can pirate. That would be my choice.

>Epic paying for PC exclusives has become the latest thing Gamers™ have gotten angry about, which I’ll talk more about a bit further down.
Not that I care about their game but the least they could do is try not to be so fucking up their own asses about this whole deal

it's made by twitter, so no it won't have anything resembling fun

He got ding dong bannued. It was a link to an imgur type site with goatse and other weird shit like old dudes blowing each other.

>yeah i took a shit in your soup, but dont you think you have bigger problems to worry about like climate change you bigot??

>even though many people do go out of their way to not buy something if they lie to their backers and make it epic exclusive
>but you weren't going to buy it anyway
>we're not being condescending

Attached: 1335063042037.jpg (564x314, 90K)

Don't be mad that reality does not fit your narrative. Just accept that you are a retard and be done with it.

>VALVE WOULD NEVER PAY FOR THIRD PARTY EXCLUSIVES
>they did
>YEAH BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT
hilarious

Attached: 1561192763191.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

I'm almost fucking convinced the exclusivity contract has a clause that fucking requires making as much of an ass out of yourself defending the deal as humanly possible

Possibly one of the most soilent games I have ever seen in my life and that is saying something.

>dude fuck captalism also pay no attention to how we sold out to an anticompetitive and anti-consumer platform for exclusivity
>dude why don't you bitch about climate change or poiverty instread of whining about our desicsuion also ignore that we are making a videogame instead of contributiing to those things

This
If you actually use the New Releases listing for your game purchases you're beyond help.

Nobody expects valve to make games again, but that doesn't stop people from shitting on them
Valve is actually working on vr games that are apparently real games unlike the shitfests that are artifact and dotachess, but fuck knows when they'll ever come out, if ever

Christ they are fucking obnoxious about it, what a bunch of fags

Based tim did it again. What a bro !

Attached: 1551929592133.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

Who the FUCK are you quoting?

Definitely a marketing thread. Nobody talked about this game before this.

yeah, using pesticides lowers the IVs

You never explained why exclusivity is good for customers. You have no argument. You're shilling.

>whatever internet forum, youtube/twitch flavor of the month or being part of a niche genre community
where do THEY get the games?

God this was such a pai fully bland and soulless game. I had my hopes up as well. I just want a comfy farming/building game.

Why are all the studios taking the deal run by nu-male Anthony burch cucks? The only ones that aren't were from their kike publishers doing it without telling them.

Attached: woomy_sleep.jpg (168x201, 15K)

It's no longer ironic when you take money from a communist government. I think at this point the "ironic communism" is more just "communism".

>the thousandth life sim indie game with a shitty pastel artstyle, shittier character models, and most likely a pretentiously meta story that tries and fails to do what undertale did
>complete with devs who speak like they're posting on tumblr
I've never heard of this game yet I already hate it

I just hope L4D3 actually releases since it's been in dev hell since 2014

give me an honest answer,
is there a single good epic exclusive game?
no, unreleased shit don't count and no, borderlands is not good

>Can you imagine being this much of an asshat instead of just saying, "Yeah we took the deal because we needed money. Sorry 'bout that."

But you see user, none of these devs are mere filthy workers because they're all ARTISTS producing ART. No way in hell would they ever admit they're doing it for what is essentially free money.

Attached: diablo_YOU face.jpg (600x857, 56K)

Honestly game looks nice and cute, but after watching multiple videos i still dont get the gameplay. What the fuck do you do there? It feels like it has 20 different core mechanics but none of them are meaningful.

>I-if I keep just saying they have no argument I'll win f-for sure

Metro exodus is passable but only if it's under $10.

LOL its worth sitting in their discord watching the devs circle jerk about how great this is for devs in their "epic chat"

Attached: EAqiHjiU0AAV2pN.png (720x501, 295K)

I'm gonna say that tetris game just so I can bring up the stupid shit where you need steam if you want to use the vr on an epic exclusive game, how the fuck does that happen

The ones that are are also everywhere else.
It's pretty much just a cesspool of devs and publishers for your blacklist.

The only one that was remotely interesting to me is the one where you play as a space station AI and there has been a major catastrophic incident on the station with unknown causes, but I like this very particular kind of game, and they're uncommon.

Also I have no way of knowing if its good because EGS doesn't have user reviews.

Ughh like yeah? Hello ever heard of fucking FORTNIGHT? Or are you living under a rock??

Go back
I did explain why exclusivity period allow customers to have more choice in the end. This is important for me as a customer, i like choice which previous state of pc market never had.
I know it's hard for you to understand since you don't care about actual choice. Afterall, NO STEAM NO BUY

Errr, the people who want the game now and not a year from now are going to pirate it. You do realize this right? EGS isn't competing with Steam, it's competing with free.

The worst part for me is the fucking message cooldown meaning that any sort of retort will come 3 minutes late, so everyone just spam reacts everything

Another company that will die due to their greed

Funny they announce this on the 1st of the month to make sure they still get their Patreon bucks.

Until you address that point it's always going to be correct. You have no argument against it. Of course I'm going to rub your retarded nose in it. I'm repeating it because you can't deal with it. It

That's a false notion, there's no way to assuage fuckepic posters, the only thing they want to see is no more epic exclusives and no more epic store, absolutely anything said would be construed as insufficient. Regardless, they don't owe anyone professionalism or decorum, they're just game devs. The customer isn't always right, the customer is a stupid asshole, and you'd know this if you ever worked a service or retail job in your life.

Nope. At this point too we are only 6 months approximately from the year exclusivity deal running out on games as well so its not even worth it anymore

Super timios cart dodger

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH they have a literal "please be nice" bot

Attached: unknown.png (982x291, 85K)

What the fuck, I was actually excited for this game.

>I did explain why exclusivity period allow customers to have more choice in the end.
You did not. Epic making games exclusive does not give you more choices. You did not explain how it does.

Except Steam has been beating piracy with convenience for years now. If you were planning on buying a game on sale, there is no difference.

>not buying a shipped box copy that is also DRM free
>being a Steam cuck in 2005
>being an Epic shill in 2019

>the devs can be rude fucks but criticism against them isn't allowed

>we used your money but, ughh.....

>shipped box copy that is also DRM free
Those are not available for a large portion of new PC games.

>(how did Todd get away with that?)

He didn't because they came running back to steam. They are going to try to leave again though.

You dont have to buy it on steam and it means there are more markets than just steam you retard. Plus it gives developers more options, more bargaining chips. In return this also causes different stores to compete. If they win, they attract more customers. If they attract more customers more devs come. So the other store needs to offer better deals for devs to sell games and players to buy the games. How hard is it to understand you manchild retard?

This game doesn't look high budget or in desperate need of money. What do they need the Epic exclusivity deal for?

dot be mean to me, epic mean money

Attached: unknown.png (184x198, 29K)

it's been in development hell for a long time, and onions milk is expensive

I don't think that's a good solution for the problem, They won't win by doing this.

Money in the name of Marx and to tackle climate change.

Yes, but it was in 2005, and it was in 2019 via Kickstarters until Epic started buying exclusives.

>give money for Shenmue 3
>promised a physical copy
>now it's just a useless frisbee thanks to Epic

>You dont have to buy it on steam
Prohibiting me from buying it where I should be able to buy it is taking my choice as a customer away. All of your fucking drivel in this post is meaningless because you want to try and debate the application of the word choice. Your insane idea is that Epic is competing with Steam when the truth is Epic is explicitly trying to prevent competition with Steam by selling products Steam cannot. That's the point. That's the problem. Steam sells video games A and Epic wants to sell video games B without any intersection in order to capitalize the most. This takes my choices away. I want both Epic and Steam to sell video games A and B because that would give me the most choices. Shut the fuck up you shilling retard.

But the entire blog post was "only money matters" in 500k words.
Even when they went to defend Epic they were like "It's free, doesn't cost money from you consumers". They literally can't think of anything else.
Also
>(((Rebecca)))

I have 0 problems with them going with EGS (except that I just vastly prefer Steam), but the half-ironically lazy attitude about it is just shit. No one finds that kind of attitude to be charming, they just take it as uncommitment to say what they really think, which is that they think concerns over this is a joke to them.

>Cuck dev is more white than the vast majoirty of Yea Forums
Really makes you think.

Attached: Mito Rin.jpg (600x448, 57K)

Arguing with you is like trying to explain basic concepts to a child.

Nah

Epic signs deals to pay out expected sales for a game in exchange for exclusivity.
So basically if a dev says I expect to make 500k from this game and Epic believes that's reasonable they pay out the 500k.

They went back up weeks ago. I got Underrail DLC the day it came out.

Okay, i'm sorry i had no idea. Since you are clearly mentally handicapped i will try explain it as simple as i can.

Let's take borderlands 3 once again as an example.

Scenario 1. Withouth epic it would be on steam and steam only like previous titles. No choice, you can get it on steam or eat shit.
Scenario 2. Now wild epic appears. For 6 months you can get it only on epic store but after 6 months you can get in on both steam and egs.

See, epic give us more choices after a period of time. And here is another thing, if you release your game on steam by using steamworks features you won't be able to sell it on other storefronts withouth additional investment because steamworks is tied to steam. Epic systems are not tied to EGS which create even more potential choices. Why do you think sekiro is not on Battlenet alongside steam? Because it uses steamworks. Thanks to epic games won't be trapped in steam anymore and pc gaming will be truly open like it always should be.

Imagine not having any trust in the success of your game that you take money from the store upfront and then shit on your audience.

You still haven't adequately explained why customers should want their choices taken away from them. You have no logical reasoning. I keep punching holes in your shitty rationale and fairy tales about how Epic is going to eventually make things better when using your fucking logic Epic could make that chance to make things better this very instant and yet they're choosing not to. Instead of buying exclusivity they could eat the losses by selling their games at a discounted price on their store but they're choosing not to. Instead they're trying to fuck up the marketplace even though they're spending just as much money in both scenarios.

Attached: kek.png (989x767, 136K)

>Withouth epic it would be on steam and steam only like previous titles
Nobody is saying Epic shouldn't be allowed to sell games you retard. The problem is the exclusivity. Steam doesn't force devs and publishers to use Steam exclusively. That's the key difference. The existence of Epic isn't the problem. Get that through your mother fucking head.

>after a period of time
and as we all know, time is infinite, therefore timed exclusives are effectively not real

>Tim Sweeny paid for the game for us
Holy fucking facts

Attached: 319695735.2_1544387633440[1].gif (498x253, 1.84M)

This is so fucked. Devs don't even need to make good games anymore

Holy shit, someone saved my post.

>buh my precious game is bright and cute and noble and mean people wouldn't like it

That guy is straight up mentally ill.

you are subhuman retarded and without human rights or human merit you will die alone afraid and unloved just like the EGS and mixer

Actually based because like said, it's fucking true

is this concept art?

>Literal who faggot developed game
And nothing was lost?

Based as fuck.

Attached: 1553232386064.png (468x702, 314K)

It looks shitty. At this point going to epic is an admission the dev is not very confident in his game.

>Steam doesn't force devs and publishers to use Steam exclusively.

They do, indirectly with steamworks. That kind of exclusivity is not for a certain amount of time like epic one. Also, epic does not force anyone either. This is something steamdrones decide to ignore, just like the fact that steam also started with paid exclusives.

I figured you wouldn't be able to counter anything i said. Afterall it's the truth

Attached: 621512951052815821.png (677x1156, 674K)

>I won't like a game if I put two and two together
>The dev admitted Epic paid them the money that they thought they would get from every storefront combined months before they even sold one game
>Expecting people not to go "cool, you got your money, it's free for me now"

I've been fucking saying this since day one. Steam and Epic enable mediocrity.

Where as Steam heavily popularized digital releases which just lead to LOL WE'LL PATCH IT LATER mentality and opening the floodgates for every schmuck dev out there at least every game dev will have to undergo a trial of fire in the wild west that is Steam and hopefully come out a good game by the end of it. Epic on the other hand literally pays devs to be shit. They're coddling trash games paying it forward to the devs knowing full well that trickle down economics is a fucking meme and that the customers won't feel the benefits of their moneyhatting at all.

based scout

>They do, indirectly with steamworks
You mean they offer a worthwhile service for developer and publishers to use? That's not forcing. That's being the obviously better choice for publishers, developers, and customers.
>Also, epic does not force anyone either.
If I want to buy a game that is Epic exclusive I have no choice but to buy it from the EGS. That's forcing my hand when I should be able to buy it at the EGS and Steam. BOTH. That would give me a choice. I want choices. I want these companies to actually compete because competition might result in better prices for me. Epic is avoiding competition and as a result there is no opportunity for me to get better prices.

Discordapp.com /invite/ooblets if any of you are curious

Attached: 10c5cb8539b548bbdeed52e72b2175a1.jpg (480x480, 37K)

>Buy my game or you're a bitch
Hmm

Attached: 1474114727378.png (408x408, 11K)

>bribe a small and not exactly wealthy dev team with a shit ton of cash
Dunno man, sounds to me like they made a deal with the devil and gave all their fans the middlefinger.
Sure, they were not "forced" to do this but they got probably at least as much money up front as they would have made on Steam in 3 years or so for exclusivity on a store that everyone hates.
That's fucking evil.

>optional free tech
>forced exclusivity
>buying literal exclusivity
>not forced exclusivity

Attached: 1435189436469.jpg (646x712, 84K)

what about Scenario 3: just fucking launch the game on both Platforms
hell before EGS steam wasnt the only player in the field, nothing was stopping Randy from releasing BL3 on GOG or Discord or some shit
what Epic is doing is actively taking choice away

Because some customers have half a brain and can recognize the short-term tradeoff in choice for the benefit of having another competitor. Epic cannot discount the retail price without also reducing the perceived value of the game which affects the sales on all platforms. Remember? They tried that.

I mean, it's obvious, yeah. But it goes against the usual "Muh billion of fortnite kiddies" and "Totally better sales than literally everywhere else" you hear from everyone else who made the deal with Epic.

>If I want to buy a game that is Epic exclusive I have no choice but to buy it from the EGS. That's forcing my hand when I should be able to buy it at the EGS and Steam. BOTH. That would give me a choice. I want choices. I want these companies to actually compete because competition might result in better prices for me. Epic is avoiding competition and as a result there is no opportunity for me to get better prices.

Wait a bit, done. Now you have a choice, previously you did not. You're welcome

>You mean they offer a worthwhile service for developer and publishers to use? That's not forcing. That's being the obviously better choice for publishers, developers, and customers.
It's not a better choice, epic platform is as good as steamworks for that and even better thanks to crossplay option. And it does not trap games in EGS like steamwork does. Thanks to that every EGS game will go to steam sooner or later, unlike steam exclusives(that are not paid, but forced by steamworks). Steam games are trapped in steam forever, but you don't care about that. Afterall you just want gaben dick in your anus.

They've sniffed me out.

Attached: Discord_2019-08-01_18-44-59.png (1269x417, 63K)

I can't believe these fuckers make me miss phil fish
At least he had the balls to say shit like that even if he was a clown

Doesnt steam also let devs issue their own steam keys independently, making steam just the delivery system if they really wanted to? I think I read something like that in one of these threads.

>another competitor
Epic isn't competing. They're avoiding competition. That's the point of exclusivity. Being the sole vendor for a product means you get to avoid competition that would take your potential profit away from selling the same goods.
>Epic cannot discount the retail price without also reducing the perceived value of the game
They can't do this unannounced or without consulting the publishers, but they can sell a game for cheaper than Steam if they make a deal to give the publishers more off of the top for the trouble.

As much as I hate these dumbass threads and obvious shilling, I do appreciate that Yea Forums is slowly moving away from american politics retardation and focusing outward on the very real Chinese menace. Maybe Epic will be the first victim.

phil fish was, quite literally, pretending to be retarded
it doesn't take balls when you're doing it for attention

But maybe it's worth to release on on Epic because you'll have more exposition, since Stam is too crowded with shit games?

>They do, indirectly with steamworks.
That's a service developers get for the 30% cut they pay. Shopping cart included.
What the fuck are you even arguing here? Steam is forcing developers by providing them with the tools necessary to use Steam after they agreed to pay for the right to use Steam?
The most retarded post I've seen all day. So much that I'm inclined to believe you are an actual shill.

I almost wish he made Fez 2 and had it be epic exclusive shitstorm here would have been great.

Are they right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-154804_Discord.jpg (1079x275, 96K)

>posting a picture about something that was revamped and replanned only 2 years after Steam began to allow third-party games on their service
holy FUCK that is some bugman reaching
that news post is close to as old as Yea Forums itself

by your logic and association that ignores time, we can also say definitively that Yea Forums is a lolicon and guro website

You are a big boy, you know that due to network effect no one can comepete with steam on even ground. It would be a massacre like facebook vs google+.
I assume you don't care, but i don't like when one company have close to full control over any aspect of my life.

>dude just wait half a year and THEN you can have choice and have stores competing lmao
At this point youre either lobotomized or just having a good laugh by pretending to be retarded on purpose.

>Wait a bit
My choice to buy the game at launch has been affected. I can no longer choose to buy the game at launch if I don't want to have my hand forced. This is taking choice away. I'm well aware that the problem can be mitigated if I wait long enough. That's not a solution to the problem.
>Steam games are trapped in steam forever
Wrong. There's absolutely nothing stopping publishers from selling their games elsewhere other than Steam even if they've always or only been on Steam.

Shut the fuck up you stupid mother fucking shill. I swear to shit you're driving me insane.

Attached: 1562090761260.jpg (783x713, 64K)

I have never met anyone who bought games on discord, what a retarded argument.

literally nobody uses steam to play games

Sure, but the EGS isn't actually convenient.

How will they ever recover.

but I don't use discord

because Discord actually offers a FREE and USEFUL service
I didn't even know Discord sold games

I didn't even know that Discord had a store or games were exclusive to it.
That said I have other uses besides a storefront for discord unlike EGS which is a featureless store.

>using discord for games

Attached: bird of inquiry.png (960x540, 22K)

Valve doesn't get a cut from third party sites either. That's how Humble Bundle, GMG, Fanatical, etc remain competitive.

I dont use discord to play games. I use it to get tranny butts. If i could do that on epic launcher, id use it for that as well.

Discord has a game store?

I'm pretty sure 90% of its users don't even know the store exists. The other 10% just doesn't buy from it.

>if you hate dildos so much why do you buy cucumbers?

Post yfw you never installed the tencent data harvesting application.

Attached: 1499449150729.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

>why do you use butter knives when people were stabbed with them?
Who the fuck uses butter knives for anything but butter?

if Epic believes they can only compete with exclusivity then that means they have no faith in both their store and the quality of it
so not worth a download

Attached: 1558826509002.png (114x141, 30K)

Yeah im done after this one. This is some peak retard post that wins the #1 place. Night Yea Forums.

They're not wrong to believe that. They literally can't compete head to head which is why they're hemorrhaging money trying to influence the market.

The thing is, they practically said what no, it isn't.

You are kind of cringeworthy, dude. Not as clever or amusing as you think, even to us.

Until they find a new meme to steal.

based

They literally shut down the store because noone bought shit off it LMAO

No matter what game they monopolize, I will never bend

Attached: 1556291265890.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

Going straight to the pirate folder

Yeah, I fucking hate it when people have to explicitly say that they can't be arsed to research why people hate something and all devs that've signed contracts with Epic has been this way. Just cut out the "even though I don't really understand why" you dumb fucking condesending idiots.

Okay be real with me. Why should i not pirate the game when Tim paid it for me and climate is going to shit?

Riddle me this Yea Forums.

If climate change is so important then why would you waste your money on Ooblets instead of just using it to support pro-environment policies and renewable energy?

Holy shit, you guys got cucked hard.

Attached: Mito SM.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Weird, you weren't complaining when steam was the only player on the market with no competitors. Enjoy your choices, pc gaming is leaving steamworks behind and now that there is nothing stopping devs from publishing their games everywhere you may even end up buying borderlands 3 on origin.

>Wrong. There's absolutely nothing stopping publishers from selling their games elsewhere other than Steam even if they've always or only been on Steam.
Steamwork does as explained before. you're in such denial it's not even funny anymore. Now i understand that steam is truly a cult, a cult full of retards that is

There is no argument. Pirate it and feel good that daddy Tim footed the bill for you.

YES

EGS is little more than untalented trustfund baby welfare at this point. I'm just amazed the chinks don't have a single soul with enough business sense to tell them they're actually serving as a containment store by gathering all the undesirables.

I never thought an Ooblets thread would get this much attention

That would be.... steam.

It's obvious shilling and riding off of the whole EGS controversy.

SUPPORTING EPIC MEANS SUPPORTING THE ENVIRONMENT YOU FUCKING DRONES

TIM HAS LITERALLY BOUGHT EXPANSES OF FOREST LAND COSTING MILLIONS FOR PRESERVATION

EPIC IS ACTUALLY HELPING THE ENVIRONMENT

literally what game? I never heard shit about it until it became officially exclusive to le epic gamer store, now everyone (that shills on Yea Forums) is screeching "OMG GOTYAY GOTYAY BTFO! NO DONT LOOK UP GAMEPLAY VIDEOS JUST TRUST (((us))) ITS GOTYAY! BUY IT SPEND CONSUME OBEY!"

is there even any gameplay discussion ITT? this aint vidya, just shilling.

Since this is going to get 499 replies anyway, let's post some good video game PLOT

Attached: mei oh mei.jpg (679x960, 149K)

Weird of you to assume that i wasnt complaining you retard. Your whole reasoning only works if you think i agree with either having a monopoly. Im trying to grt through your empty skull that neither should be doing exclusive shit and fhere should be choice from the start. The competition should be based on the price for the consumer. Not holding a game gostage for an X amount of time and calling it as something good for the players.

the CCP you stupid dumbass.

It was on one of my computers for UT4 but it's gone now.

Based Tim of the glorious free games

based and chinkpilled
>5 social credit score points have been added to your PRC account

i never heard about it before ""Yea Forums"" started ""bitching"" so i'm going to buy three or four copies and try it out

>that 5head

I hope someones capping what all the devs are saying, this shit is gonna bite em in the ass

Attached: kek.png (973x134, 32K)

His face bothers me. His eyes are too small and his skin looks too tight for his face.

IGG

Attached: Splaton.gif (292x384, 3.07M)

>Steamwork does as explained before.
It literally doesn't. You're making shit up because you don't understand anything. The existence of Steamworks doesn't force developers to never sell anywhere else. There are hundreds if not thousands of games that are sold on Steam AND other launchers (or not launchers) at the same time and they are completely unaffected by Steamworks. You're such a blind fucking shill it's disgusting. You STILL have not explained why game exclusivity is good for customers. All you can do is squirm around and act like it's not a big deal. That's fine for you and your standards, but do not sit here and act like people with standards should fucking agree with you.

>they are idea

Ill match you and buy 6 extra copies. Anyone match me????

Attached: 1542748173965.gif (571x540, 3.49M)

It is not nice to make fun of retards user

I have a high level job at a financial institution and this guy is still a faggot sellout

I've never seen someone try as hard as this post. It's not just me right? This is awful.

This exact situation happened two weeks ago with Mechwarrior 5. Why not just be honest with people?

Attached: MW5 EGS AMA screencap.jpg (2466x2340, 794K)

I'm gonna pirate it three times just so the devs lose money

>they're idea

Attached: 1554833196314.jpg (772x525, 93K)

You're both faggot sellouts

CUNNY

>when you run out of arguments and talking points so you shit on people some more
Honestly the more they talk the worse it gets. At this point its unsalvageble. Almost none of this would of happened if they cut like 6 sentences out of the blog.

I'm gonna sell my copies for a profit and give the money to the developers just because youre doing that

I dont like this meme, the scene is not even so bad its good like The Pest, the Mask sequel scene is just poor on an artistic and technical level, its not even super poor its just below average and awkward.

Only Starbucks drinking, Twitter verified, manbun having, cuckold living, California born sissies consume products based on what they perceive to be social issues.

So theres gonna be a quartering video of this huh...

The devs are actively arguing with people in their discord, they should use the money to buy a PR guy

They don't actually consume those products because that means spending money they don't have. They just act like they do on social media for virtue signalling points.

jesus hes a loser

Attached: kek.png (807x171, 27K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (817x78, 16K)

I really wish that twat would stop appearing in my recommended videos same with heevsbabyface

Well duh, it obviously should be like that. But we are not talking about selling fucking rice. When copyrights are involved everything turns to shit and capitalism principles don't work. Add to it brand loyalty, network effect and economy of scale and you have this pile of shit.

Imagine feeling this much disdain for your potential customers once you cash that fat fucking Epic paycheck. Must feel so great to not have to work anymore and still get guaranteed sales by papa Timbo.

Attached: 1384913095775.jpg (1500x1000, 835K)

Well yeah but if you are an adult you have to own up to the shit you do.

Attached: r6y8d5.png (1132x178, 28K)

At least I'm not chinese owned

>cry about piracy as an excuse to drop a market
>crawl back several years later only to bring about the PC piracy renaissance while also killing what little goodwill indieshits had
What's the chink's lapdog endgame?

Attached: Tim Sweeney dog.jpg (800x1068, 379K)

Holy shit this is a PR nightmare

Please do it.

>that guy in the Discord who’s raving about Monster Hunter like a lunatic
Absolutely fucking based

Attached: 67A911BB-F362-4FED-9602-BA9D10DD3F71.gif (128x111, 50K)

stardew valley

I wonder how much Epic exactly gave them. Few people knew about the game and fewer will buy it now, there can't be that much money to be made for Epic.

Fuck customers and fuck gamers. We got paid and there's nothing you losers can do about it.

Attached: 1536302779507.png (2357x1371, 3.54M)

piracy is a service problem

does this dude even want to make videogames

VERY true and based

Attached: Untitled.jpg (800x698, 121K)

that's not the dev. His name is perp. No idea who that is

What should I say to chat?

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-161042_Discord.jpg (1079x1526, 454K)

In a way its kinda based. Just shows that they got paid A LOT.

I see.

my fucking

Attached: 5w46wtgserfgsdg.png (1179x522, 71K)

This.

Well yeah, drm free games are not affected by steamworks. But they are a minority. As i said before even fucking activision decide to not port sekiro from steam to their launcher since cost are that high.

And i explained before how what is epic doing allow you to have more choice after a certain period of time. I know you are handicapped, so i'm not going to torment you any further with facts and logic. Have fun with your friends on steddit

screen shot everything these dumbasses say

I like how they continue acting like this is all for the game. More money up front = a better game in their eyes. Absolutely no regard for how their decisions will affect the customers for this or any future games made by these clowns.

Oh god the writing in the game is the same as the blogpost.

Shit's fucked everybody.

Daily reminder they're only in it for the free money.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-161350_Discord.jpg (1079x344, 114K)

$0.02 has been deposited to your Epic Store Account

Attached: Mei.jpg (1200x1500, 344K)

>me, looking at the straight piles of cashing I'm making as a sellout

Wow been a while since Yea Forums had asshole devs that actually engage back to fuck with.
This will be great.

Won't change a single thing about our damned future.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-161549_Discord.jpg (1072x802, 270K)

GAMERS, RISE UP

Attached: 2814124129875.png (555x423, 193K)

Are publishers and developers incapable of deciding to make their games available to multiple launchers beforehand? Exactly how is this equivalent to Steam forcing their hand?

>more choice after a certain period of time
That's not more choice. That's less choice for a certain period of time, then the adequate amount of choice afterwards. Understand the difference. Games should be available everywhere possible at launch. That would give customers a choice. You have no argument against this simple concept. Epic exclusivity takes choices away. That's the fundamental reason why exclusivity works in the first place. It wouldn't function otherwise. It wouldn't be exclusive if there was still a choice, so being exclusive MUST include taking choice away. This isn't fucking rocket science, retard.

Does Tim think it's a good idea teaching these young adults to rely on him to bail them out of these financial responsibilities they have? That kind of tactic destroys fish ponds with feed dispensers since the fish only learn to rely on the dispenser instead of getting it themselves. They end up complacent and lazy.

Attached: EGdq0R8.png (374x132, 15K)

>the tone of the game is the same as in the blogpost

Holy fuck this trashfire just exploded.

Attached: based.png (851x130, 22K)

>Activision doesn't want to spend the money implementing its own framework when Steamworks can instead provide it instantly with a few high-level function calls to some of the most battle-tested code that exists in the PC world
>this means Steam Bad
lol

They literally decided a 20% loss of income was worth it instead of paying software engineers to implement all of this stuff.

Penguin just wanted to buy a game. What the fuck. Why are they so rude to him

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-162019_Discord.jpg (810x1646, 527K)