Press statement

>press statement
>"Hmm... maybe I should review my evidences to see if this statement holds water."

Gee Ace Attorney sure got more difficult every game holy fuck

Attached: ace_attorney_spirit_of_justice.jpg (948x843, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiermaker.com/create/ace-attorney-mainline--investigations-cases-87808
youtube.com/watch?v=qSHMcYaQfWU
youtube.com/watch?v=7VBc-dCvPps
youtu.be/DCm4mlQi4Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=uAsIJXX2MBw
youtube.com/watch?v=VzrJP3kOngk
youtube.com/watch?v=1M9N-gTPeAU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MACOJG44
youtu.be/3C0oVZFRg00
youtu.be/jfIcDfHkC68
youtube.com/watch?v=I8v3DPdTbzw
youtube.com/watch?v=FQZuu8hAeeA
youtube.com/watch?v=5mDvl6fSOLs
youtube.com/watch?v=suqHq3xL0rs
youtube.com/watch?v=u756u0DxqB0
youtu.be/2lT_N0-INnA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karintō
youtube.com/watch?v=7wivOEXlL9s
twitch.tv/videos/461187078
youtube.com/watch?v=k3vMziPhQiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first three games had some of that too (especially if Mia was with you), but definitely not as much as the 3DS games.

Ace Attorney is a linear ass visual novel with no meaningful challenge, anyways. The "hardest" it ever got was in T&T's final case.

>tfw the only real law-related game we'll ever get is this linear visual novel series

Rise from the Ashes and Turnabout Succession were brutal at times too

The challenge from AA games should come from trying to piece things together in your head during the investigation segments. The cross examinations are basically a formality.

There's nothing in-game that requires you to make the kind of connections that the attorney you're playing as does with the case you're taking. There could be a way to meaningfully implement this in game but I can't think of something.

They could always add a third "office" sequence after the investigation and before the trial, to make you come up with a theory and actually prepare the case instead of going to trial completely yolo with just a bunch of evidence like every time

Basically what happens in the Tigre case but without telling you directly, that sounds great. I hope AA7 brings back Takumi and actually does something meaningful with the gameplay

>T&T's final case
>""""hardest"""""
You're literally retard, you fucking mongoloid.

Name a harder case

How would you design a law game user?

Not OP, but the hardest thing about that case was trying to present the specific evidence the game wanted despite the many pieces that proved the exact same thing.

I don't remember that case being particularly hard. Day 1 of that case had a moment or two with the snowmobile that tripped me up. Day 2 was pretty easy.

I don't know, but make it slightly more like a simulator, I guess? I'm not saying completely replicate what a lawyer does because only Germans would find that entertaining but something that is closer to the real world would be cooler.

an e-reader game where you read thousands of pages and get reviewed on regular intervals what the previous 100 pages contained and the correct answers require you to retype entire pages out of memory alone.

So we’re in agreement that the first game is the best, right?

>3-5
>hard
Only challenging cases in the entire series are RftA and Farewell My Turnabout.

Another thing a lot of people don't notice is that DD and SoJ never have more than one person available to talk to at any given time during investigation segments. Once you finish talking to someone, they come up with a reason to leave, and the next NPC will spawn.

Attached: 1517020034453.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Holy shit are you serious? I never got around to playing them because I’m waiting for an inevitable second HD trilogy but these newer games sound horrible.

They are. AJ was pretty meh but DD was when Ace Attorney jumped the shark.

It's not all bad, but the newer games definitely have an issue of hand-holding, overexaggerating characters even more than they were originally, overly relying on nostalgia to the point where Phoenix is basically just spinning his wheels as a character, and not knowing what to do with the new blood (Apollo's backstory being conveniently tied to every plot because it was too barebones in 4; Athena just kinda of existing in SoJ and not being allowed to do anything).

yep

Yes. There's also no reason to investigate or examine any setting/room other than the crime scene. You don't slowly gather evidence. It's all pretty much handed to you. The games on 3DS are "streamlined" as fuck. The detective portion of the series has almost been removed entirely.

yeah but only for the first 4 cases. the first game has a real laid back fall/winter atmosphere and the characters are less obvious pun gimmicks (exception being le 1337 hax0rz man). AA1 has the best music in the series and 1-4 is still peak kino. The characters in 1 just rely on less gimmicks and it really shows. Rise from the Ashes is very obviously made after the first game and it shows by having none of the atmosphere that the first 4 case have. Not saying any of the other games (and RftA) are bad but AA1 has a distinct atmosphere and characterization that the other games don't have.

I just want the option to present and press during the first time a testimony is heard, it would make more sense logically and would still punish any rash decisions.

Yamazaki's team should just make more AAI games
Takumi should just make more Ghost Trick games (same world, different main characters)

I just want testimony that isn't blatantly false.

>Prosecutor: This is the murder weapon. It was found at 3 PM in the victim's chest.
>Witness: I found the victim dead at 1 PM when I stran- I mean found her strangled.
>Judge: I see nothing contradictory about these two statements.

>Yamazaki's team should just make more AAI games
AAI2 was a fluke. Yamazaki's track record is the mediocre AAI (worst AA game), mediocre AA5 (worst mainline game) and the average AA6 that had maybe the worst final case in the series.

It works in a legal system where the accused is guilty until proven innocent.

People who post this didn’t actually play the game because there’s actually a lot of bullshit in later cases especially when it’s not a ducking contradiction but the game doesn’t tell you

>phone poster
>also retarded
It all checks out

Attached: 1537725570425.png (399x425, 173K)

AAI1 had plenty of good ideas just botched in execution (and Lang who's one of the better characters in this franchise in general in my opinion), if they build on the stuff they have instead of treating every game as a soft-reboot like mainline is nowadays I don't see why it can't be good

Ace attorney is always like that, but you always have situations where the question or statement isn’t obvious.

There are even times where a statement is blatantly wrong but it’s structured properly where you don’t think the statement is wrong.
De Vasquez’s final statement in particular did this.

>figure out "You're a gonner" -> "Hugh O'Conner" on my own
>game spends 20 minutes slapping me in the face with it to make sure every last retard playing this game is on the same page before they reveal the big "twist"

Your not proving me wrong.
A lot of the time, the “contradiction” is confirming a piece of evidence. But it’s never obvious when your supposed to do it.

that was an extremely retarded thing and a giant mental lap

Reminder that DD is worth playing just for Turnabout Academy

Attached: eedef8386aca0f0bdbdac4c2406886f5.png (640x512, 354K)

>The Rite of Turnabout
>Second half when Channeling the Priest
>Starts talking about his wife
>Makes it a point that she wasn’t there
>present and press those statements
>fucking nothing
>The contradiction was an entirely different statement even though the idea comes up later

Stop doing this

It's a shit tier case. The only good case in the game is the DLC

You shouldn’t post that

Only us Big Brain Anons can appreciate a case based on having actual friends.
Most anons shit on this case when they have no connection to how school drama actually works

I liked the second case, aside from Apollo & Athena being annoying together in that specific case (they get better together later but this one is supposed to be the first time they work together I guess so whatever)

Post AA7 pipedreams
>investigation phase in 3D where you control Phoenix looking for evidence like la noire, more false evidence added to court record for more challenge
>new section before trial where you sift through all evidence and discard what you think isn’t necessary, can actually throw away crucial evidence and be punished for it in the courtroom
>quicker courtroom sections to account for potential failure and an option to immediately return to the same spot you failed at if you didn’t have the right evidence
>pressing removed with more emphasis on presenting evidence for witnesses to elaborate on
I know some of these are shit ideas but this series needs innovation.

Right before it's presented the prosecution points out that it's hard to hear. It was pretty obvious to me at that point that the audio was going to be some sort of red herring or misdirection. There's no other way you can disprove an audio recording besides showing that it can be interpreted differently.

That's not AA5, where they literally tell you the answer after you press every statement.

I haven't liked their attempts to modernize the series so far. I think it would be best if they went back to their roots in the form of modern point and click adventure games. AA managed to make a universally appealing Japanese adventure game without sacrificing anything that made those games great. Modernizing it has only lead to turning them into glorified VNs. I miss the detective aspect of the original trilogy. I enjoyed taking on the mindset of trying to piece the events together. I liked exploring the locations, taking to each person involved, and asking them about all types of evidence.

The magatama segments were the natural progression of that. Some might see it as a way of doubling up on courtroom segments, but it actually gives evidence some purpose outside of the courtroom. It makes sure you keep track of characters' motives and possible connections to locations you visit and possible pieces of evidence you discover along the way.

Attached: 1530957890528.gif (512x448, 2M)

Do you think Pearls will develop as much "spirituality" as her big cousin Mia?

Attached: f6928377108.gif (480x270, 1.43M)

Has no one ever discussed the awful HD trilogy sprites? They're not even soulless, just straight up ugly

Attached: PWAAT_HD_4.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Is that real? It looks like it was taken from a Newgrounds parody video.

It reminds me of the Mobile/PC ports of the SNES Final Fantasy games.

Attached: 1415117593897.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

I LOVE MAYA
I LOVE PEARL
I LOVE EMA
I LOVE TRUCY

Attached: trucy-pose(a).gif (256x192, 50K)

Looks fine, honestly. Just looks like cleaned up official art which I'm okay with because the other remakes were flat out using official art (which is messy pre-GS4 let's be honest) or upscaled DS sprites. It does make a few details weirder because I'm so used to the DS sized sprites (snarling Dahlia just doesn't give me the same impression I had from the DS sprite for example) but that's my own hangup.

Attached: dahlia-iris-heh(a).gif (256x192, 32K)

I've only played the first 3 so far, but I liked T&T the most.

First game is the most consistently good: 1-1 is a great and well-made and paced intro case, 1-2 is a solid, gripping first case that sets up the trilogy, 1-3 is the best filler case with a twist and logic that isn't completely insane unlike most fillers, 1-4 is obviously great and epic due to being the original end and even the added 1-5, while it doesn't fit in the timeline that well, had great characters and was even more sprawling and epic than 1-4.

2-1 is kind of trash and 2-3 is the worst case in the series, 2-2 isn't better than any of the full sized cases in 1, and 3-2 and 3-3 aren't particularly great either.

Attached: CBR7Lgsrs4BCenlL7_WFKrQmQ4KI43nUMLjV7--UuUs.jpg (562x1422, 119K)

>Sad monk does 45 seconds worth of animation
>"You're fucking retarded and your argument is wrong"
>Takes another 45 seconds to throw his anal beads at you
>"No I don't need to provide evidence"

tiermaker.com/create/ace-attorney-mainline--investigations-cases-87808

Rate 'em. Sorry DGS and PWvAA dudes.

Attached: p gud.png (1064x746, 1.01M)

I honestly can't believe they did the whole "brooding prosecutor was secretly holding on to huge burden to protect his imouto" plot twist two games in a row.

Who the fuck is writing this shit?

Attached: 1541732452199.jpg (1280x720, 353K)

It’s easily T&T

>Wow, what the fuck, are they seriously going to pull the Maya being Kidnapped plot again
>tfw it was hiding the actual plot twist

Goddamn, I’m still mad but how much it got me

Attached: CBDEA5EF-F4A5-4858-B848-9B2F49C8972E.png (326x404, 195K)

It’s different scenarios and reasons
Sad Monk knew what happened but had to shut up
Blackquil was protecting a lie he and his sister thought was true

I did mine from a different tier maker. Still need to get through the investigation games and SoJ.

Attached: aa cases (so far).png (1216x746, 1.06M)

Hastily done. I don't remember many GK cases very well or they didn't leave a big impression on me so I threw most of them into C. Should have probably moved some into D on second thought.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x746, 870K)

Pearl is 18 in SoJ
She's an ironing board
The bus has already left and she missed it.

Give me your finest AA grooves
youtube.com/watch?v=qSHMcYaQfWU

Attached: 1560027488966.gif (256x192, 181K)

I want a crazy russian loli

?

Attached: olga1-shy(a).gif (256x192, 57K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7VBc-dCvPps
F-U-T-U-R-E

Save the German ones for me

Attached: 1542150064569.png (1280x720, 615K)

I said LOLI

Why do you ask this same question with the same gif in every thread? Are you a bot?

Gotcha fampai

Attached: F9D82686-BF30-4715-94D7-CE18CCBBE7D6.jpg (259x512, 30K)

Is it illegal to want answers

It's fun. Stop judging him for having fun.

Attached: Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Trilogy_2019_02-07-19_001.jpg (440x559, 31K)

>cornered is the best Ace Attorney the-
youtu.be/DCm4mlQi4Rc

Attached: 1558472826013.gif (400x500, 1.91M)

DID YOU VOTE FOR ME YET

Attached: 968ECFDB-1148-4015-822F-E6400E24A3F6.png (282x385, 134K)

C U T E

That didn't make sense
How did Inga miss the fact Maya was gone, even though he was still threatening Wright about it.

Why was Apollo Justice so fucking groovy? Even the darker themes are hip as shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=uAsIJXX2MBw
youtube.com/watch?v=VzrJP3kOngk
youtube.com/watch?v=1M9N-gTPeAU

Paul Atishon is the best witness in the series, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1503437848097.gif (256x192, 543K)

I got someone to make you into a Shadman edit
Is that good enough?

Attached: shadman.gif (256x192, 535K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MACOJG44
I will never not be mad that they made this god tier song and STILL overshadows it with ANOTHER logics and tricks, stop making that fucking song

Atishonmind holy fucking shit

Igna knew Maya was gone. He was bluffing and Dhurke called him out on it.

Which character comes to mind when you hear this song?

youtu.be/3C0oVZFRg00

Attached: E668D99D-CC6F-4E7C-85F8-05C098B80218.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

I still stand by the absolute fact that the first half of turnabout revolution was one of the god tier cases because of this mother fucker

Lotta Hart

April, always. That song is so nostalgic to me giving me memories of playing 1-2 in 08.

If thats true, there was zero reason for half of the final case to occur though.
Was Dhurke banking on Inga's death to tear down the law system?

That fucking bitch ass Afro south mother fucker

Not posting THE Apollo theme
youtu.be/jfIcDfHkC68

Anyone who says 5 is worse than 2 or 4 has extreme shit taste and can't be trusted

You misunderstand
Dhurke NEEDED to be with Apollo for the entire first half

And some people were actually "stuck" on this game.

It's pretty gud but I prefer the MIDI of the original.
>A remix of Pursuit ~ Overtaken didn't play at the end of Turnabout Revolution
Kinda lame stuff

Series needs more sprites of people just walking away. Like that one pawn shop guy in DGS who runs away then comes back with a gun

But Dhurke didn't need to play along with Inga's game at that point. They had the orb. Maya was safe.
Why recklessly go back into danger with the orb?

i didn't know you could save during cases for like the first 2 games

Attached: 2int.jpg (188x264, 12K)

2: JUSTICE for all
4: Apollo JUSTICE
6: Spirit of JUSTICE

Who here ready for AA8 Justice Among Us

Attached: IMG_20190128_104751.jpg (175x176, 22K)

>forges evidence
>gets away with it
How can one defense attorney be so based?

Attached: awp.png (500x543, 136K)

He threatened him by using Rayfa. Seriously, if you're having trouble remembering the case just replay it.

I can see that some parts of certain cases taking a little trial and error and it's easy to get stuck, but I wouldn't say the games are difficult. They're just too forgiving with mistakes plus the fact you can save anytime removes the threats of gameovers.
I just finished the first one last night, really enjoyed but it's kinda of a shame to see so many agree, I was hoping that the trilogy improved as it went on. But on another note, after immediately starting the second one I had noticed the downgrade in music during the trial, so that's disappointing.

Yeah but fucking hell the seances were hard as fuck

Don't worry, there are some good tunes in JfA. But stuff like the cross-examination theme and especially the logic theme are pretty meh.

The last time i played AJ was 3 years ago. Did he really forge evidence or was it just Gavin being a faggot?

Attached: 1563653254581.png (400x240, 81K)

Technically speaking Wright’s actual case of forging was the card in the bottle

>removes evidence from a crime scene without notifying police, invalidating it and covering it in her greasy finger prints
>evidence still accepted in court

Attached: thinking2.png (628x465, 394K)

he forged the card

Yes but 2-4 is still the best case in the series

The seances weren't hard.
They were just little awkward but I knew exactly what I wanted to prove during them all. Just sometimes you needed to jump through hoops to get to the point.

I imagine that the police are nearby when Wright is investigating some of the time and he handles stuff with gloves.

Yeah music never gets as good as 1's though 3 and 4 are a huge step up from 2 which has terrible music except for a handle of standouts. First game may overall be the best game in the series but what many consider to be the best cases are in 2 and 3; 3 especially has a lot going for it the majority of the game so it's top stuff. Don't worry about the other games not living up to 1 because you're going to enjoy it all the way through.

Then the police rarely pass this information along to the prosecution since you can pull evidence out your ass and their arguments are shattered like dinner plates.

they weren't all that hard
this guy on the other hand was impossible

Attached: Spark Brushel.jfif.jpg (920x1628, 270K)

>Yeah music never gets as good as 1's though
bullshit

It was a really fucked up situation.
>You take a very damning piece of evidence from the crime scene
>Now Phoenix forges it and presents it
>You either say it's forged, which is basically a confession because how else would you know for sure it's fake
>Or you just sit there and take it
>Either way you're going to jail
AA4 was the true "dark age of law" and had the darkest tone in the entire series. So many missed opportunities there.

Nah I call bullshit
The seance inside the chamber was extreme horseshit in the order your supposed to point shit out

I think the music in DGS is better tho

The first game of every era has better music for some fucking reason
AA1
AAI1
And DD
The games that follow use fucking MIDI

Don't get angry. I'm not a fan of the electronic-inbued tracks they use for 4 and on. Kenji has some great tunes both the groove and vibe of 1 is only remotely approached by 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=I8v3DPdTbzw

I love when the announce the truth theme shows up in dark moments of their respective games

really? I had more trouble with the priest's seance

Excuse me sir? Pick a card!

Attached: 25f96750fdfa600eaf4f95f904357da3.png (561x1401, 778K)

Can I pick your V-card?

Is this your card?

Attached: Too late Wright.png (1116x1402, 1.55M)

Attached: 4XRoCqZ.gif (400x224, 2.32M)

>AA1
I'll say true but AA3 is good competition. If AJ falls under this era then I'd say that as well
>AAI1
Fuck no, literally the opposite. AAI1 has a lot of distinctly amateur sounding MIDI-ish tunes while AAI2 almost perfects the use of the soundfont and I'd say has the best music in the franchise. When I first played it AAI's music reminded me of DS shovelware.
>DD
Debatable. I think SoJ is slightly better.

Sup faggots, your not watching those piece of shit scammers The Gramarye’s right?

Those guys fucking suck, especially that rat that they call their successor.
*Ahem*
FUCK THE GRAMARYE’S
FUCK TRUCY

Attached: B6F998AD-506B-42CF-9FE6-B7A613602F57.png (414x600, 315K)

That's comforting, hopefully the turnabout theme is just as hype as it is in the first. Also, when does Maya return? Ema was annoying and out of place at first as a companion who became just alright at the end but I doubt any of the other partners will have the same amount of witty writing or charm as Maya did.

Why is Johnny Depp in my visual novels?

>FUCK TRUCY
with pleasure

Attached: BB.png (2560x1440, 2.76M)

Gib source to both the lewd and smug Apollo

Its magic baby

Attached: coinflip.gif (454x270, 465K)

>Talking shit about AAI1 music

Nah
Best Presto
youtube.com/watch?v=FQZuu8hAeeA
Best Core
youtube.com/watch?v=5mDvl6fSOLs

>lewd
Google
>smug apollo
Google

SoJ is probably in the running for the best self-contained cases

Smug Apollo is just freezing his talking animation at the right moment.

Attached: Yee.jpg (200x200, 8K)

I want to touch her thighs like that. They look very soft.

Maya will return in 2-2 as the defendant and she'll be a key plot point later.
Rise from the Ashes was pretty much a DLC case. Ema being an assistant like that was pretty much only for that case.
Also get out of this thread now, don't get spoiled.
>best presto
I'll give you that. Presto 2009 is a banger.
>best core
Not when 2002 or 2007 exists, though I will argue it being better than 2011
What I'm talking about is shit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=suqHq3xL0rs
youtube.com/watch?v=u756u0DxqB0
Sounds DS shovelware MIDI as fuck

This would be really cool. The only good mystery solving games are all maximum-weeb VNs.

This motherfucker almost destroyed the WAA and the Gramarye legacy at the same damn time and would've gotten away with it. Was he the smartest villain so far?

Was her identity as a girl obvious to anyone else? I picked up on it immediately just because of the way the localization danced around actually saying a pronoun for several lines. Probably was better in Japanese but it caught my eye as being somewhat unnatural in English.

It has the most consistent writing quality for sure and a certain atmosphere that the other Ace Attorney games haven't managed to recapture.

Attached: 1564704996295.png (256x960, 197K)

I never noticed because Ace Attorney localization always fucks up in punctuation. Sarge seemed like a dude for me so I figured the pronouns didn’t matter.

When are we getting an AA game with more than six cases? And I'm talking like 6 full cases, not this trial-only shit that may or may not tie into the final case.

Just so we're in agreement
Gumshoe>Fulbright>literally every detective in the series, including the dead ones> power gap>Ema

I just don't like this girl.

fag

Attached: sad snackoos.gif (256x192, 465K)

Gumshoe>=Sherlock>the rest

I liked that SoJ’s case 4 was self contained trial only, without knowledge of DGS, it was probably the only main series self contained case.

How the fuck is Ema not a lardass with how much snackoos she consumes?

Post your feelings about this individual.

Attached: Dahlia_Hawthorne_Smiling.png (175x299, 73K)

She's still young and her metabolism can keep up.
Once she hits 30 if she doesn't change her eating habits she'll swell up like a whale.

I'm not into necrophilia.

Ema best girl

Attached: 9E3EAA28-E432-4164-A6AF-DBCCDAEF9B2A.jpg (1024x640, 94K)

Attached: 7968F4CE-9FC5-49CF-A336-43D5E0DDA662.png (1920x2686, 1.44M)

Fingers crossed for AA7 at TGS

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Rise from the ashes had some great music too
youtu.be/2lT_N0-INnA

Got any ideas you would like to see in future Ace Attorney games?

Trauma Team had a character based entirely on solving murders.
One case in particular where a girl is suffering a mental illness but her parents locked her in her room due to her sudden abusive nature towards them.

Unfortunately her sickness caused her to die in her room, screeching and scratching the door calling for her parents.
After finding out what happened, her parents had to hide the body by throwing it in a river by the highway, but a truck almost hit the dad, to which he left the body in the street, causing the truck to knock her in the river.

It’s really fucking crazy how it happened, I think a situation in Ace Attorney by 2 people that happened by complete accident would be interesting.

DGS Case 2

Realizing that I'm over 8 years older than many of the adult characters in the original games were when I was just under or equal to them then has made me fairly depressed. Especially since these games actually really did make me want to become a forensic investigator but in the end I acted like myself and threw it all away. These games are bittersweet to me.

That airplane that Edgeworth rides, is such a thing even possible?
>3 fucking floors
>with an elevator
>gift shop
>wine bar
>all you can eat buffet

the Russians had something like that, but it was only a one off that flew a couple times

It's a really fancy airplane

Attached: retinz.png (400x240, 179K)

Dual Destinies was the worst, every time I thought they'd let me figure something out for myself they just spoil it for you. The DLC case was the only one they didn't go full retard with

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: downloadfile.gif (256x192, 108K)

Attached: downloadfile-1.gif (256x192, 18K)

Doing the bonus case of the first game. My impressions so far is that I love the atmosphere and the music is top notch. I'm just a little mad about how you literally get handed an "I win" button at the end of the second case. Also Why can't I get enough of this fucker's theme?

Attached: Sprite-gumshoe.gif (180x168, 12K)

What even are snackoos? In the game it says they are chocolate but it looks like a sausage

I think they are supossed to be something like Pocky sticks but in pieces.

You'll love the remix it gets in Investigations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karintō
They're these

It’s a shame, case 2 had the best premise but it’s an introduction to the investigations

It would’ve easily been one of the top cases if you actually defeated Red White yourself

What a god.

OI GEVALT, I WANT TO WATCH THIS FUCKING MOVIE BUT YOUR TIME SLOT IS FUCKED

I PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THIS BULLSHIT, AND THIS OTHER GOY WONT STOP TOUCHING HIS PHONE LIKE AN ANTI-SEMITIC

I JUST WANT TO GO ACROSS THE COUNTRY SO I CAN SHOW MY WIFE MY BIG BUST THAT SOLD FOR 10 GORILLION

Brah, look at this dood

Oh nonononono

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Oh he tried it

NIGGA LOOKS LIKE THE DOOD FROM LIZARD LIP

OI DONKEY

Attached: CFDC044A-02C1-457E-A168-97EED618F506.png (300x450, 114K)

>Bring everything including the kitchen sink to courtroom as potential evidence
How am I punished?

Savescumming for the right piece of evidence takes even longer

The fuck you on about? Most games followed that same flow

It was only DD that took away freeform investigation

I appreciate how the 3DS games allows Wright to be the Mia he never had

Debeste>the rest
Why is the forgotten turnabout so perfect bros?

Attached: 547e79d4a6d75523179fd96b63efcf49.jpg (1000x762, 380K)

Gramarye had a perfect plan that only failed because a very cute bun bun made a minor looking mistake. Objectively speaking, he performed flawlessly.

Honestly damn near the best early game cases in the series. 3D AA games get too much flak. I enjoy all the games.

I'd hate this guy if I didn't hate all the Gramaryes more

Also why the fuck did Wright just not go ''hold up I work there and there was no glass stand in the office until the day before the murder you fucking liar''?

Is this our only hope for AA content this year?

Attached: phoenixsmash.jpg (1280x1000, 145K)

TGS is my last hope.

Attached: 60808573_p0.jpg (700x615, 327K)

>that one time in the trilogy where you had to present a profile in court instead of evidence

>Apollo bows out of the story after receiving yet another secret backstory
>still has no idea he and Trucy are siblings
they fucked, didn't they

I always imagined that Phoenix takes photos or writes it down as a note somewhere. But there's probably several times where he straight up jacks it, so I dunno.

What the hell?

Attached: 53922497-CE71-472D-B50A-A6111C6EA21F.jpg (3264x2448, 3.88M)

Did Phoenix use Trucy as a means to force his weird fetishes?

Phoenix is a huge virgin and probably never even kissed Iris

This is my favorite track from the first game, it's truly nostalgic.

She "joked" about calling Dhurke "daddy" when he said that to Apollo she was "marriage material". Trucy has already been shown to travel to other countries by herself by smuggling herself into other's luggage. She'll do the same to visit Apollo.

Attached: 7018577daa499b94c3fd1eeec3f34aca.jpg (2649x1773, 655K)

Desiree DeLite, that absolute fox

>Make Trucy look bad
>Got pedastrians to fucking throw rocks at the WAA
>HE TOUCHED CHARLIE
Worse than Dahlia

Case 2’s are always comfy kino
They tend to be the introduction to investigations so they are more relaxed but also throw in some plot twists out of fucking nowhere that makes it worth while.

There’s hasn’t been a bad case 2 where it doesn’t at least get redeemed by the plot twist.
The only flaw would be not getting to kick Red white’s shit in but that doesn’t distract how much of a good case Sisters was.
Hell, the Investigations games managed to do it too somehow.

I'm not the biggest fan of DGS case 2, partially because it's literally all investigation

I bet she does it like a weasel

Attached: Desiree_portrait[1].png (334x454, 130K)

That along with knowledge of the first game made Reunion and Turnabout one of my favorite cases

That twist was dark and came out of fucking nowhere and I was frankly worried the entire case since we just learned how Spirit Channeling works, it didn’t occur to me that it could’ve been staged, I thought Maya fucked up

DGS is a different beast all together, it doesn’t really apply

Reminder that the objective tier list (not including spin-offs) is: SoJ = T&T > AA > JFA > DD > AJ

Ron is a very lucky girl

*Enters the thread*

AY ANYBODY WANT A FUCKING LOAN

Attached: 901B4DB8-BB2E-4EDF-BF85-B4C9537441E5.png (662x1407, 843K)

>Apollo gets to live in the land of window tummy’s and arm pits

Athena and Juniper are upset Apollo, THEY WANTED A THREESOME

If we somehow do get Ace Attorney DLC for Smash

What would the stage be?
Courtroom sounds like a shoo in but how exactly?
The way we normally see it when it’s zoomed out where you can see the judge?
Would it be a walk off?

>_unny's

What does the coffee cup say?

>Implying they won't do it in the second (third) Apollo Justice game

Spirit of justice is Apollo’s closure

This RDJ looking mother fucker had the most detailed sprite in the series, seeing him for the first time gave me whiplash because he looked like he was from another game.

Ema got good in SoJ, but she was such a souless cunt in AJ.

Here's what I got. In the background you have various attorneys/prosecutors battling, which includes Phoenix if he's not fighting.

Attached: courtroom.png (1500x1128, 166K)

Because he was the defendant at that point, they would've gone "yeah right you fucking murderer".

You have to understand the difference

In AJ her career went to shit and became basic bitch detective

In SoJ she became a properly liscensed forensics detective

Looks pretty cool

>He actually thinks they won't make a solo Apollo game after SoJ.

I know, but it made the game so much more fucking miserable on top of just how shit it was in general. Did she ever even meet Wright in that game?

It's one of the worst.

>The entirety of 1-1 is just a tutorial.
>1-2 literally you get saved by an asspull from Mia at the end.
>1-3 goes on for far too long.
>1-5 not canon

You nostalgia faggots really have shit taste.

And by the way for the retarded OP criticizing AA6, it is the most difficult AA games for the reflection pool segments alone.

>1-5 not canon

Did you only play the trilogy or something?

Gumshoe back when?
Defending him in court when?

Don't worry, you'll get Gumshoe murder victim next game

>its a "theres no actual contradiction anywhere, you have to press every statement to move on" episode
I always found this annoying as fuck.

Attached: 3wvOOr_X.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Yeah Edgeworth is supposed to have "disappeared" at that point.

Don't you fucking dare

Not as bad as when you have to press a certain statement after you’ve pressed another certain statement. Or Moe

If I remember correctly they change some of the dialogue in the trilogy collection so that it makes more sense. And plus if you’ve played Apollo Justice you would know it is without a doubt canon because multiple characters reference that case.

The last case in 5 started cool, but went...somewhere.

But the DLC case is really the best one. Not a high bar to clear

So there is at least one user who knows what real law is like.

Is the dlc case free?

I don’t think he was specifically taking about SoJ
I think he just meant the series in general

It would be cool if they make an Ace Attorney game or spinoff thats nonlinear where the order in which you do cases affects the story. Maybe also have branching paths for each lawyer.

But I don't mind the linearity either. It gives the writer more control over the story.

Did you guys remember to watch the stream?

Attached: 1543951763555.gif (300x253, 1021K)

Doesn’t Dual Destinies have some kinda crazy case that was given an M rating or something? I vaguely remember reading somewhere there’s a case in one of the games that has a lot of gore or something in it

I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS

The fact that her feet instantly snap back facing forward bothers me

Reminder that this was a good game.

One shot. It was like one shot that was disturbing, that's it.
I want to see a more fucked up AA game that deserves its rating. Like when is Ema going to say fuck

I will never get tired of that
The way this fucker laughs always makes me smile
youtube.com/watch?v=7wivOEXlL9s

It’s a specific scene whose context is considered rated M since it contains a certain age in an area of a certain substance

Attached: 1B0C6DC1-ED56-4BB3-BF08-A2DC44A6B6F8.png (840x511, 621K)

>press statement
>witness gives extra testimony
>"Well, Mr. Wright. Is this statement crucial? Do you want it as an addendum to the testimony?"
>[Yes] [No]

When has it ever NOT been useful?

I really liked it and after seeing a lot of the concept art that's never been, I wish they'd give it another shot.

Multiple times actually
Some of the hardest cases rely on you asking a specific question and keeping a specific addendum

In cases where there are multiple statements you can add to the testimony, and it can switch one out with the other.

twitch.tv/videos/461187078
>Comes from a world where logic doesn't exists
>It's used against him to undo his case
>Within 5 minutes he masters the art of logic and uses it against Wright and Layton.
Very underrated prosecutor or most underrated prosecutor?

Attached: Zacharias_Barnham_-_hand_raised.gif (500x297, 347K)

AAI 2 and SoJ had one where 3-4 different statements each had addendums and you had to choose the correct one

This game got me hyped as shit because I love both series dearly, and also makes it reasonable for the two of them to be added to Smash.

>Just finished the remaster trilogy last night
Fuck man, that last case wasn't too hard, but holy fuck was it a ride.
I really wanna go grab the next game, but I just feel like the next trilogy is gonna be announced soon.
Fuck Dahlia with a rake

Apollo already got it’s own remastered version, you don’t have to worry about that
If anything MAYBE, we’ll get the 3DS games on console

And he had the best desk slam

Attached: Zacharias_Barnham_-_desk_slam_(long).gif (256x192, 999K)

Keep your expectations low with Apollo Justice, I consider it to have the best opening case in the series, and a decent end, but everything in between is pretty shit. Fourth case literally the least memorable one in the series. Later two games are better though with, SoJ being up their with the originals.

Part of my issue is I'm not sure what is next. I know chronological probably doesn't work since even the first three bounced at times.

Eh, as long as the banter can hold up I'll live with it. There isn't really a case I disliked in the first games as it is.

>Best Presto
Only the investigation games had those you dofus.

>Best search core
Core 2001, 2002, 2016, Great Ace Attorney all say OBJECTION
Of course nothing is as beyond shit tier as AAI2's search core.

How good is Switch emulation? I don't want to get a Switch just for AA7. It most certainly won't be on the 3DS, and it would be another decade before it's available remastered on Steam.

Chances are AA7 will be multiplatform if the Trilogy release is anything to go by.

I would fuck Dahlia to death.

>Wanting to steal a game that's not even been released
What the fuck is wrong with you?

SoJ sucks, especially the final case.
Only highlights are case 2 and 3.

It can be if you have homebrew.

If not, I think they're still charging $5 for it.

>People will get upset about this
>Meanwhile I'll just be happy for the series to get more attention

But why do that when you can have an Iris to tenderly love forever.
That whole twist nearly broke my heart on top of the Godot stuff.

>here’s a list of people you’re blackmailing. Surely this would put you in jail for a long time!
>oh fuck, you’re right. Looks like I’d better confess to the murder and go to jail for a long time.
I still don’t get it.

Unrelated, did anyone else get the impression that Dee Vasquez was in love with the guy Jack Hammer killed, and definitely wanted Jack dead?

Not multi-plat on release date, right? I can't wait long enough and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm lucky enough to have bought SoJ first day and spend a week playing it while ignoring all spoilers. I got minor spoiled with DD when I saw a young Athena with blood splattered on her.

Sometimes a song is just made for one moment in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=k3vMziPhQiM

Attached: Retinz iOS.jpg (2000x1494, 2.03M)

>im not sure what is next

Apollo Justice is next
Then you can play Investigations 1 and then 2 on an emulator using the fan translation
Then it's Dual Destinies, the first 3DS game
and then finally it's Spirit of Justice

Vs Layton is optional but the ideal time to play it is after Investigations 2 and before DD

SoJ is great, fuck off.

The context of his post in within the subseries
He's specifically talking about how AAI2's music is a downgrade compared to AAI1

Im still laughing about that one

>Child Athena and Black Locks Athena leaked
>People actually said "It's okay, this is from case 2"
>Play game
>It wasnt

Anyone and their mother could tell you AAI2 is one of the worst soundtracks in the series.

>Then you can play Investigations 1 and then 2 on an emulator using the fan translation
Aw fuck. Is that DS? I dunno if my phone can handle a DS emulator or if it's even worth trying on phone.

Nobody is ever really upset about it, just console war fags forcing a big deal when it isn't.

Imagine unironically thinking this.

>muh dark age of the law
>muh tenma taro
>decent

Attached: h9zRgBt.jpg (329x2048, 119K)

Posting best Fey

Attached: Iris.jpg (413x523, 51K)

Because she needs to be punished. Iris is for lovey dovey, Dahlia is for intense hatefuck.

Attached: 1400179474517.gif (256x192, 8K)

Investigations 1 is on mobile
2, you probably need a PC

I wonder what it's like having friends?
Not that it matters, friendship nothing but a superficial, transactional relationship you have with someone and it will always end when the usefulness is at an end.

Phoenix is a rookie lawyer up against a guy who has been making a career as one of the best prosecutors in a legal system heavily biased in favor of the prosecution. Mia asspulling a victory isn't a satisfying win, but it's an indication of just how stacked the deck was against Phoenix and make his later successes feel more impactful.

I have no idea how you can say 1-3 went on too long and then not even mention that about 1-5.

Speaking of Dahlia, who was the true villain of 3, Dahlia or Morgan?

Monstrous Turnabout was fun as fuck to solve, the twist was also great.
Also he didn't make Tenma eat the key, Tenma ate the key as a last resort reaction because he knew he was in danger.

>muh dark age of the law
In hindsight, the idea was cool.
What Wright and Kristoph did to each other set off the system to pull a bunch of bullshit, the problem was how DD kept drilling it in your head

Why is AAI2's soundtrack so sped up? I thought it had to do with emulation's FPS going too fast, but listening to the OST, it actually IS that fucking fast.

You shouldn't think about it that way. But i feel you have been on a specific side or seen a specific side too much to assume.
The best type of friends are those who don't need to have much in common and can give each other space and don't care when they need to meet as long as they are still buddy buddy from time to time.

He was great because he was the only one who's plan was a perfect murder. Everyone else left something that could be traced back to them no matter how minute. Retinz would have had nothing trace back to him and he was only caught because the retarded bunny bungled the trick.

Also he was one of the biggest threats to Wright and his group outside of Redd White. Since as stated, everyone would have their reputation destroyed, they'd be bankrupt and Trucy would be on death row.

Monstrous Turnabout annoyed me because Apollo keeps saying "There was clearly someone in a yokai suit" and everyone has to pause after every one of his assertions to ask if he means to suggest yokai are real. The whole thing gave me a headache because it's like everyone became dumber just to pad things out.

The school turnabout (or whatever it was called) just was really unsubtle about who the villain was and the message. AA4 did a better job of selling the idea of a Dark Age of the Law without talking about it, while AA5 was basically just super fun investigation time with Phoenix and Pals until the Phantom started his bullshit.

>he was the only one who's plan was a perfect murder.
Incorrect. Kristoph carried out 2 perfect murders.

He only got fucked because of forged evidence and a jurist system. Otherwise he'd have gotten away with everything.

Attached: perceive-kristoph-devil.gif (512x512, 49K)

Best girls.

Settle down, Valant.

Am I sleep deprived, or do Maya and the person right have way lower quality art than Phoenix and Apollo do? Is there some reason for this?

How did he manage to get rid of literally all of the evidence?

You know one thing that annoys me about the fourth case in the original game? The fact that everyone treats Phoenix beating Manfred is just another casual win for him. He BEAT the mother fucker with a forty year win-streak, that shit's insane.

It was only perfect within the court system, the reason he got nailed was because people could use critical thinking to figure out he did it.
Retinz would have gotten away with it in both systems if the Bunny bimbo didn't screw up the trick.

He beat him by cross examining a fucking parrot

Kristoph was a special case.
He fucked up on multiple things but he became extremely paranoid that he kept stalking everybody involved and kept trying to get rid of them slowly.
To the point where he tried to erase his own memory of what happened and became extremely disillusional and not giving you a straight answer on why he killed shady. Because he fucking forgot.

Also the idea that Von Karma hasn't run into a retard like Larry.

>To the point where he tried to erase his own memory of what happened and became extremely disillusional and not giving you a straight answer on why he killed shady. Because he fucking forgot.
Literally not what happened.

Kristoph:
...To be honest, I don't know
what his reasons were to this
day.

Kristoph:
As far as I could tell...

Kristoph:
...he dismissed me as his
representation... because
I lost in a game of poker.

Kristoph:
I can come to no other
conclusion.

Trucy:
Daddy used to say something.

Trucy:
"If you want to know a man,
you have to compete"...

Apollo:
(...Zak wasn't watching his
points, or the cards.)

Apollo:
(He was watching the man
behind the cards... Kristoph
Gavin.)

Kristoph:
I couldn't believe it.

Kristoph:
Phoenix Wright...?

Kristoph:
A second rate attorney who
relies on luck and bluffs!

Kristoph:
He dismissed me... and went
with that pitiful excuse for
a man?

Kristoph:
...He deserved to die for
that error alone.

That's even more fucking wild then. This is the case that should go down in history.
Phoenix had balls of steel to not let Manfred push him around and get to cross-examine Larry. Phoenix anally fucked Manfred and now he's dead because of it. What a Chad.

>Wright BTFOs Edgeworth with facts and logic, saves him from murder charges and then he "chooses" death
>Wright BTFOs von Karma by cross-examining a fucking parrot
>Wright BTFOs von Karma's daughter and she gets shot
>Wright BTFOs some coffee addict and he fucking dies
He was unstoppable until that diary shit. I know he's disbarred but he's gonna come back into the legal world bros, I know he will. Maybe next time he'll cross-examine a fucking whale or something.

How are the mobile versions, actually? I see the other three on there too.

That's his explanation for doing what he did given the forging and ruining Wright's case for Zak.
His black locks originally came from shady specifically.

Definitely Morgan, Dahlia was just her revenge vehicle.

I fucking love the first game so much, there's a beautiful contrast between both happy and sad. Hearing this song and talking to Lotta Hart while she goes on about some rant while you distract yourself from the fact you need to save Edgeworth in this cold park in the middle of winter on this dull day is a feeling none of the other games ever came close to having.

There's a real sense of "shit, can I really do this?" behind every case, especially 1-4. Hearing this song and talking to whoever only to go back to the dull environment and Investigation Opening 2001 is a really nice contrast.

IOS trilogy was bad and buggy, 3DS and console versions are better

But Investigations, and the 3DS games work pretty well on mobile and are much cleaner with better resolution.

Dahlia by a bit, I feel
Morgan at least had a remotely feasible desire for something. Dahlia was just a spiteful cunt.

>1 and 3 are HD pngs
>2 and 4 are shitty jpg rips
What exactly was Capcom thinking?

But to be fair, all Dahlia wanted was to piss on Mia's grave. So she used Morgan's plan to get her own satisfaction out of it.

Morgan was using Dahlia as her vehicle to ruin Maya in case 5 but Dahlia had a past conflict with Mia already which her more substantial

Yeah, I meant Apollo, DD, and SoJ. I don't even see the original trilogy on the android store.
That could be my midline crap phone though.

Yeah Apollo, DD and SoJ are absolutely the better versions

god i wish that were me

Journalist guy from dgs 2 did nothing wrong

Tiny Apollo belongs to Ema!

What the fuck are Ema's shoes anyway?
Just plain heels? Why does she have those things tied on her ankles if they aren't part of her shoes?

Ankle ribbons, they are just there for show

He's such a mystery they never even explained how he got his hand scar.

Come on, user. It's too perfect.

>Gumshoe returns final case
>Some kinda event where people are staying somewhere, so Phoenix has a room, Edgeworth has a room etc.
>He's around 43 or so
>He's in a higher paid job now, and got it through dumb luck and is basically just paper work
>Is involved in a case with Wright
>Big reveal is that he has a kid now, and actually got with Maggey
>Literally too happy, reminisces about how pathetic his was back when he used to help out Phoenix
>Meet the kid and he is shocked the see THE Phoenix Wright
>Turns out Gumshoe tells about Phoenix and Edgeworth all the fucking time to his kid, almost like a bed time story every night
>Kid literally worships them, thinks they're both incredible
>Fast forward to the next day
>Gumshoe has been found killed in his room, son is the only person who was in there
>Literally traumatized at what he saw, can't speak
>AA bullshit ensues, kid becomes witness on the first day, but as the case goes on he "obviously" killed his father because weapon has prints, claiming murder/manslaughter
>Kid's entire world breaks down as he has to be in the middle of Phoenix and Edgeworth going at it
>Edgeworth prosecutes and breaks the kids spirit pretty much, believing that Edgeworth was a good guy along with Phoenix but he finally sees the true colors

I could probably make it worse, but I don't know how.

Attached: Gumshoe notices that Apollo wants to buy more food, but doesn't have enough money for it so qui (798x416, 605K)

>bluff
Why is this word said so much whenever Phoenix is playable in DD/SoJ? Like it's his entire character now, he just bluffs to get through shit and everyone points it out instead of him being a confident logical laywer.

Flanderization

JFA's final case.

People forget people say this to him during T&T and JFA

what's even sadder is we don't even have any clone competitors to this series. I miss the more cartoon-like, humorous but grounded ace attorney, I didn't mind the medium stuff that much but now I have to eat up any extremely zany weebtrash stories they come up with cause there's literally no other game with this style of gameplay. All other VNs are even worse in quality

Disagree. Rise from the Ashes and Farewell, My turnabout were harder. The only "hard" part in Turnabout to the Bridge is having to present Misty's profile since profiles are rarely used in T&T.

Too easy, too janky, and too many asspulls.

Worst pw game ever.

that's not mia

Why was TGAA so boring?

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.07.28 - 07.01.34.73 (2).png (404x368, 182K)

this. Its just fun stories and characters. If you can't beat an AA game in one session you probably have brain problems. You do read at an acceptable speed, don't you user?

It's more hilarious when you remember the prosecutor is supposed to prepare their witnesses