Dragon Quest wont be in Smash Bros, it'll obviously be another Final Fantasy character or Sora!

>Dragon Quest wont be in Smash Bros, it'll obviously be another Final Fantasy character or Sora!
>Hero gets in
>They'll only get 1 or 2 songs, Sugiyama will never let them use his music!
>8 songs
>The only spirits they'll get is their Smash artwork
>12 Toriyama art spirits
>Watch them be bad characters
>Arguably one of the best characters in the game
How does it feel, people who were against Dragon Quest representation in Smash, to lose so hard?

Attached: fuck jannies.png (447x697, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vN96gkXOWZc
youtube.com/watch?v=CV76QegRezE
gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additional-elements-and-improvements-dlc-voice-drama-and-more-detailed
youtube.com/watch?v=UX1c7wgAbDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was against it at first because "Oh boy another swordie"
But now if their job was to be advertisements, it worked.

Sora is the worst plausible option for smash.
Try to prove me wrong.

Attached: 5 fucking months.png (1780x3570, 1.53M)

Don't forget the people who kept insisting Brave wasn't Hero for the dumbest reasons
>Its too obvious for a Dragon Quest character
>Its Banjo because they both start with B
>Its Sora because the skid
>Its Banjo because the skid
>Its Banjo because its a reference to the Pixar movie
>Its Sora because Brave Form
>Its a Tales character because Brave Vesperia
>Its Agumon because Brave Heart
>Yuusha doesn't mean Brave, it means Hero

Attached: 1546647764181.png (884x768, 939K)

>8 songs
8 of the absolute WORST songs, and none of them are the iconic main theme, which cheeses me

>People were still so adamant that the stats meant something even though its been proven stats change heavily overtime
lol

>shitting on IVxs battle theme
The nerve of some people

I'll be honest, I'm glad Sakurai was able to un-jew Square if only for a little bit

>literally seething that this "nobody" DLC has random elements and is fun
Based DQ

Even funnier
>People thought it was Sora crouching or Banjo because of the height parameter
>When that shit didnt matter and instead what counted was the shield radius which had Brave as tall as the average Fire Emblem character

I'm more surprised he got Sugiyama to give 8 songs albeit they're MIDI

>Arguably the best character
i'm not sure if by "best" you mean "overpowered bullshit, gimmicky as fuck and not actually relying on skill" or if you really are delusional.

I played plenty of that character and i don't even like him; i barely lost any fights and luck nearly always saved my ass. Be it crits, good rolls , or the completely retarded specials.

(and weirdly i think Down B is the only "balanced" move out of the 4)

>8 of the absolute WORST songs
>Adventure from DQ 3
Uncultured

Attached: IMG_20190731_212158-1.jpg (720x685, 241K)

Yeah, what the fuck? Outside of the DQ11 stuff, all those songs are some of the fan favourites.

>Kills your game

Attached: kic5ipgovj431.jpg (1024x455, 97K)

>>Arguably one of the best characters in the game
I wouldn't go that far. He's easily the most fun character though.

Being one of the most fun characters is still a win considering the bitching of "muh another anime swordsman"

Attached: 1561842598763.png (366x501, 163K)

But he’s LITERALLY another anime swordsman, and that’s lame as fuck.

I can't wait for him to get banned!

Oh, you're one of those retards

>Using leaks
>With codenames

There hasn’t been a single consistent leak
Why the hell wouldn’t they code Brave as Hero?

>Anime Swordsmen

Yes, because every DQ hero looks just like every other anime character in Smash

Post yfw Sakurai said there would be critical hits

Attached: Shook dog.gif (216x216, 1.33M)

It was in the files. I know you have Down syndrome just try to keep up even slightly retard.

Attached: Towel Rage.gif (383x383, 1.61M)

Remember that massive autismo who posted “>Erdrick” with the gif of sleeping PP every time? That guy probably has some issues

>Believing leaks, ever

No matter what you call me I’m not as dumb as anyone who believes leaks

I would sell the game if sora. Fuck that lmao. Geno is shit too.

I love how nobody gave two shits about DQ until he was a remote possibility.

Bow down to the father of JRPGs, motherfucker.

Yea Forums liked DQ 10 years ago.

War Cry, Adventure and both the DQ4 songs are great, DQ11 music sucks and the other two are okay

I mean aren't they all midi?

>"Oh boy another swordie"
>He focuses more on magic
>more spells than dedicated mages like Robin or Zelda

Attached: 1560664349870.jpg (900x1200, 154K)

It's just Robin on steroïds

I mean he's got toriyama's artstyle to set him apart but toriyama's style is considered an anime style. So he technically is an anime swordsman. I don't care though cause he's more fun than any other sword character.

>"wah another anime swordsman!"
You do realize this is the character who popularized swordsmen in Japanese games, right? You're only complaining because he got added in after half a dozen Fire Emblem characters. But that's not his fault. In terms of the significance of video game history, Hero influenced all the "anime swordsman" in Smash Bros save Link.

Attached: Ethan (You).gif (480x270, 3.85M)

>8 songs
>all midi shit
Nice ost lmaoooo

You are aware many of the songs in Smash Bros are midi synthesized right? Even some of the remixes?

Man, I sure do love those Orchestrated remixes of Game and Watch and Dr Mario.

I am sick of this dumb fucking "swordie" meme like it's an entire archetype of characters with the same playstyle.

This is most evident with Chrom. They like to call him a Marth clone which he isn't he's a Roy clone, and even as a clone he has a decent amount of different moves. Of all the FE characters in there I'd say only Lucina and Roy should be cut out. Robin, Chrom, Marth and Ike all play differently enough.

Chrom has moves from Marth, Roy and Ike. His "variety" is that he mixes in stuff from all the other characters. Which doesn't really help the argument of Fire Emblem having too many clones.

I noticed that too. I mean if he mixes all of them then he can't really be that much like any one of them though. Chrom is the weakest of the ones who stay though for sure. Marth, Ike and Robin are all unique from one another. If we're cutting similar characters then Young and Toon Link ought to go too. At least swap with one completely different Zelda character.

We got Persona 5's Joker and i hate the DQ generic series so i'm very conflicted.

If we're going to cut similar characters, then about 40-50% of the Smash roster has to go. I've been saying Falco, Ganondorf and Dr Mario should have been replaced since Melee.

Chrom is literally just Roy without the sour/sweet spots and ike's up B. You guys act like it's some affront that FE can have this many characters as low effort clones and still be series accurate.

>Palutena flipping the fuck out with her gay aerials
>slap her off the cliff
>she comes back and I pretend I'm gonna kaboom her
>she counters and I just exit menu and smash her
>crit insta-kills her at like 30%

Attached: The smile.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Except now ganondorf is actually bery distinguishable from captain falcon, moreso than Falco is to Fox or Dr
Mario is to Mario. Daisy never needed to happen and neither did Lucas. I'd rather keep Lucas over Ness though.

that bitch needs a nerf but she's never gonna get it because Sakurai bias
feelsbadman

I mean maybe they could stop putting in FE characters with swords and have someone with an axe or some shit. A spear, anything? A villain maybe?

Which is why I'm glad I can bully her with Hero now. They're so unga they don't even realize what I'm doing half the time.

So whats the deal with people that want Geno in? Is it trolling? Is it actual delusion? I've never heard of this guy until people here started crying about it.

I have a bunch of normie friends that play smash and I guarentee you 0 of them would ever know who he is. Bitches be crazy.

Blame his team and IS. No one wants to touch an axe or spear user because they think it wouldn't be possible to make balanced. Spear is all about range, so no way they could make it fun to play against. I almost agree with them a bit. But then they made Corrin and they have fucking spear shit and are fun as hell. So why couldn't we have had this during Smash 4 and not as DLC to shill the new game?

to be fair she was pretty shit tier in 4 considering the "no customs" rule

i agree. I just think Multi-hit moves in this game in general are kind of bullshit considering how they removed the perfect-shield mechanic to put on this retarded parry thing that never works online (or at least, when it does, it's as much of a surprise to the user that it is to the opponent so in the end nobody reacts to it).

I just think they're cheap excuses for people to get rewarded despite fucking up their spacing &/or timing. Palutena has a ton of them..

Everything would be fine if he just called characters like Dr Mario and Falco Echoes. But instead, he says Daisy is an Echo, but Dr Mario isn't? Fucking bullshit.

And this signals what the real problem is. Melee introduced like 8 clone characters. But because they came out before this Echo system existed, they're all treated as unique characters. Same with all the other clones before Ultimate came out. So having this Echo name is pointless. Daisy might as well be called her own character, since there's already 15+ clones who aren't tied to their inspiration.

>people in their teens and early 20's raised on the modern Western game industry weren't fans of a classic JRPG series with a niche American presence
Wooooah you're right, they should only add characters everyone knows like Minecraft Man and John Fortnite

Joker is a lot more generic than the Hero though.

Still doesn't come close to based Roy, his neutrals are trash and his ridiculous, dishonest projectile-spam won't work on non-brainlets.
I fuck 99,99% of all Hero players, and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.

Attached: 1.jpg (230x219, 9K)

He has a hard time against the Rushdown type of characters.
But don't expect it to last. We're only fucking them up for now because nobody really figured out of how to play Hero correctly yet. Once there's less braindead hero players and the more the Luck&Skill ratio is going to get slimmer and fuck us in the ass if he doesn't get nerfed soon.

Dude fuck you. You can't just go asking strangers an impossible request like that.

He plays literally nothing like Robin

one's a theif the other is a hero. Sometimes a hero prince or sometimes a boy with a sword. Yeah he DEFINITELY isn't generic at all, if only he'd go super saiyan.

>as soon as I downloaded Hero, spent 15 minutes in training mode
>learned that his tilts are more important than most characters
>offensive magic is used more to push people back/stun them than as a KO move
>99% of the time you should be searching the menu for Accelerate, Oomph or Bounce, not an offensive spell
>combine all this and he's more of a bait character, not a blind rush character like people are playing him as
>haven't lost a single match yet

Attached: 1545287426013.gif (476x357, 210K)

Yeah, and he's got a really shitty playstyle that encourages spamming overpowered moves until it works.

You can instantly pin anyone who seriously complains about sword characters as an absolute shitter

I think it has to do with some wife-beating Fire Emblem character singing a song on newgrounds.

You can keep a charged up side special if they try to rush you down. You don't need MP to charge it up. Just to cast. He has a lot of moves that can kill below 100%. Thwack, whack, Magic Burst, the smash crit, Hatchet Man. He's got options, people will figure out in time how to get the best out of him. I dunno if that deserves a nerf because pressure can keep people out of the magic menu. Cause even if you pick one and get hit he doesn't cast it. You can even interrupt a Magic Burst.

I found this out the hard way by slamming my head against my friend's main. I also found that his up throw is a pretty good kill move if you use Psych Up first.

I'm so disappointed that they could only get the MIDI tracks. They're unlistenable once you're used to the full orchestra.

Attached: 1558910321058.png (504x942, 766K)

see

>spam powerful spells
>enemy reflects
>bounce sends it back
>bounce as always loses the reflect war
>>>>>>

Attached: 1545828124101.png (199x342, 98K)

I kinda wish Eight's alt was the max tension one.

>offensive magic is used more to push people back/stun them than as a KO move
Oh, forgot to say the one exception to this. His lightning and fire attacks are the best at interrupting people's recoveries. Especially characters like Incenaroar or Ryu. So that's the best place to use magic offensively.

both answers each other. While his neutral game indeed takes nothing from Robin at all, all his main specials aside from Down B (which is the only technically balanced move in his arsenal as he has to manually look at shit to get to the OP part) are more diversified/powerful versions of Robin's tomes (and not just in aesthetics/elements. Fire & Thunder are swapped for both these guys and well, Wind has the same role).

just for example Elwind eats through tome rather quickly but can serve as a gimping tool. Hero does the same - but better, less risky and can choose both consumption and height on top of continuously regenerating mana as he falls to prepare for the big jump.

As long as Hero isn't completely retarded and spending all his mana on stupid needless attempts to hit, they basically have the same goals in gameplay.

...except Robin doesn't have a fucking Critical hit system either.

>tfw I forgot about Fox's reflect, fully charged a fireball, threw it and owned myself on the final stock

Attached: 1545160846515.png (319x319, 81K)

How? All of Hero's moves take an eternity to come out, I can just keep stabbing him out of his shitty little menu until he commits suicide.
Hero is pure trash, he relies exclusively on his gimmicky moveset.

Reminder that ever single Erdrickfag are just Stevefags saving face after getting eternally BTFO'd by Banjo

Attached: adecadevsaleak.png (1345x201, 47K)

>didn't know thwack could be reflected
>I annihilate myself
Well I at least learned something. I also know his tornadoes in his up B can be reflected.

It's clear Enix is butthurt about Final Fantasy being more popular. That's why they demanded Hero be overpowered and why they got so much more love and attention to detail and depth than Cloud got. It's why they got 8 songs while Final Fantasy only got 2. Enix is absolutely anally annihilated that Final Fantasy blows Dragon Quest the fuck out despite them buying out Squaresoft.

Woosh (his recovery) is also a beast at interrupting other people's recoveries. And it can be charged for easier timing. He's really broken.

You have no idea how common it was to use the Roland Sound Canvas series for game soundtracks in the 90s-early 2000s

that's exactly what i'm saying - Down B is the only move i don't have an issue with because it's actually hard to use. The other three , however, not so much.

The chances of Kamikazing yourself or missing the Zoom command during online lag can kill you - lots of fucked things can happen using Down B, but lots of good things too.
Balanced, as all specials should be.

You can play him without using the window and if Hero has someone on the ropes the window is actually usable.

>muh Enix boogeyman
Guess how I know you're a anal pained Final Fantasy fan?

When Sugiyama dies, where does the rights go?

The fact of the matter is that Dragon Quest is not as good as Final Fantasy. I love Akira Toriyama's art but Dragon Quest has never been on the same level. I would have rather had Goku and for Final Fantasy to get the treatment it deserves instead of being so half-assed. Cloud should have gotten the menu mechanic and should have spells to cast. There should be more than 2 FF songs too.

up his ass

>he's too fucking retarded to realize Square Enix is using Smash as a way to heavily advertise DQ XI S to the West, which is probably another big push make it more popular here
but naw go off on my conspiracy theory bullshit because you can't beat a mid tier character

See You use the menu when you have time. How do you get time? Push enemies back with Zap/Fizz spells and tilts. Once the opponent is out of range, open the menu and pick Accelerate, Oomph, Psyche Up or Bounce. Whichever of these appear. Then just focus on his other specials and regular attacks. His down and up tilts set up easy Smashes, even if you're not using any magic. And if you get the opponent off the edge, his recovery can interrupt theirs.

You really just haven't tried him, have you?

Attached: 1561355433919.jpg (1260x1575, 1.53M)

No, I'm not too retarded. That's literally what I'm saying. Enix is butthurt about Final Fantasy being more popular and are desperately trying to change that with by shilling Dragon Quest in Smash with an overpowered character. That's why they made four different character models for one character and why they have way more mechanics and why Dragon Quest got way more songs than Final Fantasy did. If anything it's you who's retarded for completely missing that point in my post without me having to literally say it.

The Japanese have weird traditions, huh?

The vast majority of fans for Hero are Japanese. They prefer the synth music because it triggers their nostalgia. Just like a lot of people prefer the original synth versions of Mario or Zelda songs.

The west is the only place that got orchestrated music first. And even then, for only one game.

Modern copyright laws (at least in the US) is the lifetime of the creator + 80 years. SO his estate will hold onto those rights for at least 80 years after he dies. They can choose to sell the rights if they wish. But why would they? Since they will just make free money off of it for generations and they can make sure his legacy isn't ruined. If Squenix got total control of the rights, it surely would be.

They added more songs because Japan would actually form a mob if they got the FF Treatment.

Joker's moves literally just involve his knife, his gun, and a red projectile
>b-but muh Stand!
Cool aesthetic, but nothing really changes aside from a buff.

Hero's down B makes him less a lot less generic than that. Easily.

But without his broken menu-spells he's mid tier at best. Both his aerial and ground neutrals just suck, and his broken specials can never make up for shit fundamentals.
Maybe he could beat me if I were playing 4 players with items on, but in a 1 on 1? Not in a million years.

Attached: DjUbBwVUYAAfdvP.jpg (1000x891, 104K)

>muh overpowered character
>muh butthurt Enix even though they are literally the same company as the people who make FF
>w-why did they make 4 character models for the series that's over 30 years old and a has a shitload of nostalgia?!?
how cringe...

I don't care what the nips like. The orchestra is infinitely better, which is why they used it in the trailer.

Attached: C7125EB9-084C-4C10-AAED-96CDF752D274.jpg (1115x1063, 75K)

Any Hero who's not trash can easily bait an Unga Bunga rushdown character like Roy and and as soon as Hero is in advantage state he can open his down B and fuck you in the ass.

>Guess how I know you're a anal pained Final Fantasy fan?
>The fact of the matter is that Dragon Quest is not as good as Final Fantasy.
Good job proving the point.

Attached: she_sees_your_sword.jpg (69x137, 6K)

FF is over 30 years old too and has a shitload of nostalgia.
>they are literally the same company as the people who make FF
They are not. It's like saying Activision is the same company that makes Warcraft.

*Kacringe and bluepizzled
ftfy

outside of the first and last I doubt that's people being against DQ and more people just expecting the worst out of Square-Enix, and I can't really blame them. I 100% believe the only reason DQ got proper representation in this game is because you had to pay for him.

If DQ was even remotely as good it wouldn't be borderline dead in the west. Dragon Ball was powerful as hell and still is to this day so an RPG with an art style by the same artist should have taken off but it didn't and it didn't because it's not on the same level.

God i hate that artist.

I have yet to lose a single match with him. You're probably just playing people who do nothing but smash. His fundamentals are actually quite broken. As I've said many times, you focus on tilts and side specials to stun people, then hit them with a smash attack. And everyone I'm playing against keeps falling for it.

If I get an accelerate off, then it's even more broken.

Attached: 1439084042098.jpg (750x1008, 281K)

>Powerful
Meant to say popular but whatever, same thing. Not able to devote my full attention to dumb shit on Yea Forums right now.

I mean cool for you. I'll wait for the day someone finds a way to make him broken. He's still a lot more fun to play as than just about anyone else. And if he's mid tier that won't change how he is right now so he'll stay fun.

i feel you. Any criticism given towards the dude rewards you with a "are you a fucking zoomer" or shit like that.

people don't seem to realize you can be an adult and still hate the most boring-ass character designer that ever embraced earth's crust.

...or at least, near one of them.

Cloud isn't repping all of FF, just 7.
Like, it's still a fucking tragedy that there's only two songs and two spirits repping such a legendary game, but that's a different matter.

How do you use accelerate well? I keep overshooting shit like an idiot since I'm not used to going that fast.

I don't mind the character, I'm just confused by the sheer amount of shitters complaining that he's broken when he isn't and they just need to git gud.

Activsion owns Blizzard and does nothing to help with development of their games. Square-Enix is literally just that, two merged companies.

>If DQ was even remotely as good it wouldn't be borderline dead in the west.
It's one of the five best selling JRPG series in the west. With almost no marketing. If you think DQ is "borderline dead", then what does that say about the other series it's outselling like SMT or Tales?

>Dragon Ball was powerful as hell and still is to this day so an RPG with an art style by the same artist should have taken off but it didn't and it didn't because it's not on the same level.
Dragon Ball was shown every day on TV for two decades. And got massive advertising outside of the show. Dragon Quest hasn't had even a fraction of that, with SquareEnix not even releasing a game for over a decade. And the games they did release, only two got any marketing. And even with all that, the series still is one of the better selling JRPG series in the west.

In before you claim marketing doesn't make a difference. Yeah, I've seen all your stupid arguments before.

If Activision didn't have influence then Blizzard wouldn't be so shit right now. Final Fantasy sharply declined after Squaresoft merged with Enix. There's still some good FF games here and there but for the most part its been worse.

Toriyama? All anime is plagued with slightly different designs. Toriyama is no different. Toriyama is probably a better example of it though.

Maybe it's because I main Link and I'm used to the movement/timing. I'm honestly surprised I'm doing that well myself. I guess the answer is practice?

Attached: 1561045119740.jpg (1280x1845, 420K)

yeah you are too busy seething over the fact that you can't beat a mid tier character and have to cry and bitch about it

Cause they don't understand how he works. He can be overwhelming or underwhelming depending on who you pick. He can be overtaken very easily but if he ever gets the advantage he's pretty good.

So can I get any tips on Hero that apply to actual competitive play? I don't want to be just some mindless unga menu spammer that can only beat 13 year olds online

>people don't seem to realize you can be an adult and still hate the most boring-ass character designer that ever embraced earth's crust.
Yeah, Shinkiro is pretty shitty.

Attached: King of Clooneys.jpg (945x953, 245K)

You don't have to be a zoomer to have shit taste.
But by the way you type, you're probably a zoomer anyways, faggot.

I can't use the Erdrick one cause he sounds like Link and in the moment I often make stupid mistakes because I think of Link. So I go with Eight when playing Hero.

have fun chugging on Saiyan cock, i guess

>Tourneyfags set up a petition to ban hero before he even became playable
So stupid. Yes he's strong. But his strength is random. While I'm sure someone could do major damage in a tournament, I doubt they could go all the way to the end.

Tourneyfags probably want him banned just because his moveset features RNG at all. And they can't stand anything that can't be anticipated.

Attached: angry_dog.jpg (843x1034, 446K)

sadly his strength isn't completely random.
Anyone that has played Robin enough (which is not a lot of people i guess) kinda know how to use all his spells (aside of Down B) and none of those are random, on top of being extremely powerful at level 3.

The crits are just the "fuck you" cherry on top.

He might be a cool character if his most powerful attacks gets nerfed a bit and his more insignificant ones get beefed up (like his slow-ass back-air)

The stuff competitive players are complaining about are random. Crits and spells like Magic Burst/Kamikaze. I actually think his strongest moves are the basics. Especially interfering with people's recoveries. But these aren't things people are complaining about.

I mean it's like a 12.5% chance of a crit. And it"s not an instant konon heavier characters but he can also get the space he needs for his menu spell easier. With lighter ones he doesn't and the crit is deadly.

I've never lost against a Hero player since he's been out in Elite Smash, tournament mode, or lobbies.

>implements dq4 battle music
>misses the absolute best song

None of the 8 songs are remixed as there is no pink triangle in the corner under the sound test

Still feels good to be a Mega Chad

Attached: my-image (3).png (980x588, 424K)

Apparently they were also dissapointed with the music selection

He’s just been a long long requested character (I’m talking since a Melee poll) and his relative popularity among the community has remained since as a long-shot pick

Can we please...for the love of god... fucking reorganize the character select screen by series. It’s such a fucking mess as is.

I hate that they didn't add the normal I'll Face Myself track and instead a retarded remix. At least there's Reach Out To The Truth.

What's the best dq4 song?

It would be really nice if we could change the organization of the characters, I struggle to find certain characters at times.

I would like that. Not by their inclusion date.

>misses the absolute best song
Strange World, Endless World, Around the World, Comrades, Casino Theme, Strolling in Town or Heavenly Flight wouldn't really work in a fighting game.

youtu.be/vN96gkXOWZc

Yes. There should be an option to rearrange the characters manually. Like with music. I'd put all the characters by series, and then their clones next to them.

Sora is my #1 most wanted. People that are against him are no better than the fags that hated on the idea of DQ getting in.

They have animal crossing music and Jump Up, Superstar and even really chill sounding music from Pikmin. I feel anything would work.

I'm not going to hate on Sora. But he doesn't really have the "history" of DQ Hero or others on the roster. You can argue he might be bigger than Olimar, Mother or some FE characters. But then those are main characters from a Nintendo IP. And then even in Kingdom Hearts, Sora is not the fan favorite.

Cloud was a more logical choice than KH.

Getting permission for Sora also requires an OK from Disney.

>Calls the stylish jRPG protaganist of Persona 5 "generic"
>Doesn't call the most cliche ridden jRPG character whom every other jRPG series took inspiration from generic

Yeah no...its the total opposite user.

You don't need history, Joker and Cloud are prime examples of this.
I'm not saying Sora is guaranteed to get in or whatever, I'm just saying that I want him in over any other character. And he honestly has a chance, maybe not in this game unless they do a 2nd fighters pass, but it could happen in a future game.

They'd need permission from Nomura, he gets the biggest say in what happens with Sora. If Nomura says ok, then Disney and Square will too.

>use RNG god strat and only use the first down B spell every time so I can get the attack out as quick as possible
>spam out that juicy Hocus Pocus
>its a Poison Mushroom episode
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1526675659404.jpg (640x480, 67K)

Hero is such a fun character. He never gets boring. Take that, sleeping plant!

Attached: Im A Brave Boy.png (620x316, 444K)

...implying FF and Persona don't have an autistically dedicated fanbase that went to live for decades
Only reason i'm against Sora is because of how fucking gay the character's personality and overall game plots are. i don't mind the design and gameplay of the games as much but jesus christ Sora might be top tier in the very wide list of gayest characters SE ever made. I wouldn't survive getting teabagged by one of these faggots online; i'd open a keyhole in my brain using a gun-shaped keyblade.

Joker is the latest character in a series that stretches back to the NES. Maybe Joker isn't the best choice to represent the series, but he got in because of the series.

Kingdom Hearts started on the PS2 and isn't really that old, nor did it really do anything first. It also has the big problem that it started off as a vehicle for Disney and Final Fantasy characters, making it feel like a spin off of other IPs. And like I said, Sora isn't even the most popular in the series. And then there's the question of getting the rights.

I'm not going to say it's impossible. But just that it's a mess trying to implement it. I'd think they'd be more likely to put in another FF character before anyone from KH.

>...implying FF and Persona don't have an autistically dedicated fanbase that went to live for decades
Are you not aware that KH is almost 2 decades old?

The passage of time fucked me up badly i guess. But i'm pretty sure FF & SMT are 30, and both have been continuously popular in japan all throughout

>They'll only get 1 or 2 songs, Sugiyama will never let them use his music!

Well done hero, HOWEVER! *Gives you shitty midis instead of the orchestrated track, while dabbing*

Attached: Kohichi_Sugiyama_2011-06-30.jpg (776x719, 254K)

I'd also argue Joker sort of reps Etrian Odyssey too since PQ2 is pretty much an Etrian Odyssey game.

Attached: JokerinSmash.png (2124x1383, 1.52M)

do you seriously think it's sugiyama stopping them from using the orchestrated versions in the DQ games? fucking kek
and smash doesnt have midi tracks but synthesized

Didn't he say it himself that its done because "muh concerts and CDs"?

No.

Doesn't disney have equal ownership? I guess its not a character they made themselves but it's still a layer of permission.

>Hero isn't Brave! It's too obvious! I-Ignore the fact that Joker and Arsene got obvious codenames!

He is. I started using him and felt kinda meh but the more I used him the more fun he became to use.

>Watch FGC twitter because it's absolutely fucking nuts
>Hero trailer and demo
>Smash section loses their collective shit
>Screams about how OP he is
>"literally unstoppable" etc etc
>Rest of the fgc watching this

What a marvelous time to be alive

Attached: 1484422099988.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

He owns the music
What's stopping him?

No, and I wish you uneducated tards would stop spreading this around. MIDI is a file format. You're referring to "synthesized".

A higher up at Disney of Japan basically confirmed that Nomura gets the biggest say, back in an interview from a few years ago.

Disney has 100% ownership but leaves decisions to Nomura.

how the fuck do I do that MKleo thing with joker where he tosses someone up and up airs drags them back to the ground? I can't get up air to do the draggin shit

Tomato Toemato
Its shit
The end

Nothing? Dragon Quest VIII had orchestral music. So will DQXI-S. Orchestral versions are recorded after the game is released though, because Sugiyama conducts the orchestras himself on tour.

You drag people to the ground with up special.

Nobody expected the bare minimum from Shit Enix and DQ is a pick only the jap salaryman truly cared about but not really cause its smash rosterfag presence was non exsistent until the leak and considering how stingy they are, I think Sakurai even mentioned something about the heros not being allowed to fight each other and this being the first time it happened or whatever. He's not as scuffed as Cloud cause nips get really anal about DQ representation and Sakurai played 3d chess and managed to get 2 songs for each hero
People really do forget how unlikely something seems until it manages to happen

>People that are against a laughing stock of a character are no better than the fags that hated on the idea of one of the most historically important game franchise of all time getting in.

Then why did a Western release drop orchestral music one time?

Yeah, I say it the right way, and you look like a fool to the general public. Good job.

to be honest, taking in account how fucking bad the top players of Smash 4 were behaving; i can completely understand if the rest of the FGC thinks we're a collective bunch of retards.
> Faggots chatting & stalling for time to stir up an already-pissedt-off crowd at the most watched FGC event to the point of having the ref coming to tell them to play
> Same faggot flips off the crowd a bit earlier
> Most viewers leaving after total Bayo domination
> Took decades for the smash community to agree on basic degenerate playstyles ban
> le funni melee odor meme (which apparently is unfortunately true)
> Everyone loses their shit everytime a new character is out regardless of if he's good or not
> Complaining about it will have all the GitGud Bayo4 apologists telling you the new version of "Just SDI lol"
> Not complaining about it and you help the game becoming more and more retarded

it's a basket of deadbrained assholes and we're all guilty of it.

>Didn't he say it himself that its done because "muh concerts and CDs"?
No one has ever provided a source for this. Yet it's repeated constantly. Just like many other things resetera made up to slander him.

They also claimed Sugiyama was "blocking" the orchestrated music to the west because he was xenophobic. Except Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 got orchestrated music. And the upcoming Switch version of XI is getting orchestrated music. Proving he's not blocking anything. Whoops...

no, he does it with up air where it drags them down and he follows up with a grab every time

No one knows the real reason. However, the localization team claimed they didn't use the orchestrated music in Dragon Quest VII 3DS because of "consistency issues." Which there was a couple looping issues in the Japanese version. This would be almost believable, except it would take 5 seconds to fix the looping error. What's more likely is SquareEnix didn't want to pay extra money for the orchestrated rights in other regions.

Then they didn't do orchestrated music in VIII 3DS or XI on PS4. This time with no reasons given. This again points to SquareEnix being either lazy or trying to cut costs. But since we're now getting the orchestrated music in DQXI S, clearly Sugiyama wasn't blocking anything.

Attached: 1522180142869.jpg (635x900, 114K)

Wasn't Sugiyama not told DQ8 would have orchestrated music in the west and got really angry when he found out?

>I think Sakurai even mentioned something about the heros not being allowed to fight each other and this being the first time it happened or whatever
I think it has to do with the fact that Dragon Quest actually uses its side characters instead of protagonists for spin offs and everything. It's actually really cool how Dragon Quest does this instead of pushing boring as shit characters in spin offs.

How should I know? licensing issues?

>Wasn't Sugiyama not told DQ8 would have orchestrated music in the west and got really angry when he found out?
Aren't you just parroting something you heard? If you don't have a source, then don't keep pushing a rumor.

Final Fantasy is one of the absolute worst things to have happened to RPGs in the last 20 years. Active Time Battle is a retarded mechanic. Numbers are heavily inflated to make brainlets think "WOW BIG NUM NUM MEAN BIG FUN FUN" while making it more obnoxious to parse meaningful data. Game design bordering on offensive with the number of bullshit things FF pulls that DQ doesn't (such as making 90% of normal enemies, not bosses, just normal ass enemies, immune to a majority of status effects). Putting player traps in that require the strategy guide (Hey player, just don't open these 12 unmarked chests, or you're going to have to spend literally 14+ hours grinding a single monster to get the ultimate weapon in the game), and so on, and so on.

Fuck, the number one accusation of "bad gameplay" that gets thrown at Dragon Quest is that it's "grindy", which most of the time Final Fantasy is more guilty of in general than the entire DQ series combined (Hey friend, want characters that actually matter? Let me tell you about Materia, Junctioning, and Weapon Skills.)

But no, "Hurr durr I had to spend literally 20 minutes gaining 2 levels, this gam r bad, wer duh storie at?"

What did he mean by this?

Speaking of Sora, Nintendo went to Square to talk about putting KH on switch however they did this with Capcom/DMC and only got DMC1 out of the deal, so I wonder how scuffed it's gonna be

>that Munchie
every fucking time

Westerners didn't, no, because the series has no western presence due to poor marketing and spotty releases.
His Smash appearance has given westerners another push to look into the series and I'm glad for that. All the time I've been hearing, "you know, maybe I should give this series a try" before and after he released.

Attached: lotochan.jpg (870x1150, 667K)

It depends, but the board which Sugiyama is on would fight tooth and nail for his estate to keep the rights. Sugiyama is also a national treasure and most people will say he can't do any wrong and SE has already been exposed before for abusing their composers and other workers. If SE tried to claim they own the works, they would probably lose. I could see them try though, even if it means losing access to those songs and having to start from scratch, but I can bet you that Hori would leave the company if that ever happened. Nah, they will probably just pay lip service to his estate and hope they can still use his works for years to come, since Japan would crucify them if they ever spat on his legacy.

Hero is a literal anime swordsman because he was made by Toriyama himself, but his kit redeems him from every single anime swordfighter that came before him. He's also an attractive lad instead of a fuckboy like the others.

> his kit redeems him from every single anime swordfighter that came before him
> steals Robin's spells

ignoring truth whenever it doesn't fit, are we

whoosh is the only similar one

The character is not good. He is AT BEST mid tier, and possibly low tier. His only good moves are Up-B, Neutral B, and Side B. His Down B is literally unusable against anyone competent, and most of his normals are slow as shit.

Attached: 1563207162158.jpg (428x467, 32K)

Robin stole PK Fire, Hero stole nothing

>hang out with friends at community college
>local literal sperg mains wario
>watch him from the corner of eye as he rocks back and forth aggressively while whining about the based RNG down+B

I don't even cycle that shit, I just instant spell and hope for the best, I kacrack slashed his ass multiple times and refuse his 1v1s while he desperately tries to convince me I'm bad at every game because I'm too busy hounding his ass with based thwack and air dodges.

The second-level fire spell is pretty much a beefier/bigger but a tiny bit slower Elthunder
The level 3 fire is a gigantic arcthunder without the shield-eating part but can kill at ridiculous percents

aside from those and the Woosh line, i guess you're right. I'm just saying he's not the first "uncommon swordfighter" in the game. People just gloss over Robin as Magic Marth because they're too difficult to play / not appealing enough / not strong enough for people to remember.

He's already getting good results in Japan and he's been out for 2 days. And yes, the players actually do use down B a decent bit, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

>Tourneyfags contemplate banning DQ.
>They don't realize this is one of Japan's most wanted characters.
>They don't realize this is one of Sakurai's most wanted characters.
>They don't realize doing so would split the community in record time.
>They don't realize their early impressions of who is and isn't busted has been wrong ever since they thought KRool would be good.
I don't understand their thought process.

Attached: AkkoMath.jpg (540x443, 54K)

>but his kit redeems him from every single anime swordfighter that came before him

>fire
>lightning
>explosions
>sleep

I love this concoction of everything we've already had in smash

> Vastly inferior and limited PK Fire that only chains into itself twice, assuming you're an eagle-eyed sniper that can correct the one projectile with the shittiest angle that flies over any character's heads and can be extinguished by a fly's piss in the wind

sure. let's go there.

Niggas salty. That's literally all there is to it.
They can't handle crits or powerhouse moves like Magic Burst because it scares them.

Robin would probably be played more if he didn't have the slowest run speed in the game. The rest of his kit is pretty well off, but he can't really do much to reset the neutral aside from landing Arc-fire. The sit and wait playstyle will never sit well with most people, not to mention the feeling like he can't chase well, especially without platforms.

Won't jap Hero players have a disadvantage at tourneys that are in english because the spell list will be in a language they aren't familiar with?

>His sword has ELECTRICITY though.

Japans most wanted was hat goomba and Idolmaster, DQ was non exsistent in both West and East fan polls and was only given attention when a leaker said it was in
But the multiple RNG spell shit just feels like a way to not make him as boring as he easily couldve been

MB isn't even scary. They just hate the idea of having their recovery completely blocked in a dead brain manner, even if MB only has a 5% chance of appearing on first opening the menu. The reaction time for when it isn't the first option will also go a long way towards shit and there are plenty of characters that can cover their landing and force Hero to close menu anyway. Only a handful of match ups will have Hero able to throw it out without worry and those have better advantages in the neutral anyway, so they shouldn't be worrying about getting gimped. Also it's already been shown that if you are recovering from below, MB sucks you into the stage, so you just tech it and recovery anyway. Now Hero has no MP and is a sitting bitch.

I wanted Sora but I'm not unhappy with the result. Hero is super fun to play, and the DQ3 one has an awesome VA.

I don't think I'll play DQ games though, the music is really grating.

yeh. I think even the lack of reliability on Elwind to get back on stage could be at least somewhat negated if the character was overall speedier. In truth i was never asking for much buffs on the character as i hate playing a character that's too strong - but i really felt fucked when i saw Hero's kit and how i can picture it evolving once people figure him out.

But they're most likely never gonna bump up that speed since they're very dedicated to the stupid shit they set in the Quick-Tips of the game; and to them the quote "The top three slowest characters being Incineroar, Robin and Jigglypuff..."

They could have easily cut down on Hero's spells and he would still be fun. Snooze, Psyche Up, Flame Slash and Heal would be more then enough. Keep their MP cost high and Heal still has it limit per stock and people would probably still complain.

VIII's US version has the orchestrated OST, and there's a .3ds/.cia of VII 3DS that adds it.

No you retard, it's because nobody important enough to be in Smash in Fire Emblem uses a spear or axe.

Smash has a major main character bias, which is why FE is so filled with swords.

>If Nomura says ok, then Disney and Square will too.
Source: my ass.

Are the songs orchestra or the new stuff?

Depends if they're high or even mid percent. It doesn't use all MP for no reason.

MB can at the very least be shielded. I'd say it's one of the spells i worry the less about.
The ones that i really watch for are Snooze and Kaboom; since those can very well fucking kill you out of nowhere and are very fast (especially Kaboom).

Sizzle, also, travels very far on top of going lightspeed and killing.

Okay that clears it up. I see no reason he couldn't get in, seeing as how he is the main character but he isn't the most popular in that game or even in Square-Enix's list of characters. I wouldn't hate it I just don't expect it.

As if the general public knows the difference. People who understand the difference will know. The general public? They'll nod and say "uh huh yeah"

Someone needs to check the code to see banjos code name and possibly his friends

It also squashes really gay "which hero is strongest" bullshit. More people should shut that shit down.

>removing the only spells people should be using; Accelerate, Oomph and Bounce
You're just trying to gimp him. Fuck off.

Attached: 1242883435755.jpg (350x450, 45K)

There's an HMK video where he goes over an interview with a higher up at Disney of Japan. I can't find the video now though, because the faggot has made like 30+ sora in smash vids since then.

nvm found it.
youtube.com/watch?v=CV76QegRezE

I never liked ATB. It's why I like 10 more and I guess in a way 12 but that's not turn based. I don't hate FF and always wanted to try DQ after seeing a commercial for 8 a long time ago. Never did though. Maybe I should. Which ones should I?

>Acceleratle
I find this to be his worst move. All it does is gimp you and leave you wide open to attacks because its impossible to do shit with any accuaracy while flying back and forth from each end of the stage. How does anyone use this shit? Its worse than Speed and Jump for Shulk.

Yes Kaboom, Snooze and Sizzle are dangerous. Kaboom is a good ledge gaurd spell too. Since it sucks people in and you can literally use it the second they come up off the ledge. You can also stop a MB right when he selects it.

Get Dragon Quest XI when it comes out on Switch. It's basically what Final Fantasy XIII/XV should have been.

Attached: DQ_Where_To_Start_Ver_3.jpg (1635x7758, 2.09M)

I was actually thinking about it. Is it trash on PS4 or something?

It's killed Inkling at 18%, but they had Rage at like 150%. Really I think one of the biggest issues is that Hero survives way to long. He should die from the usual killing blows at 130% at the least, but he can survive even into 170% for some god awful reason. Surviving a Shadow Claw across stage just feels so wrong.

Yeah, I have gotten some nice kills with Sizzle, few expect it and it's hard to react to even if they see it in my menu. Funny that it's speed has actually made it miss sometimes because of mistimes. Kaboom is an amazing edge guard if I have spaced correctly for it, since it has a sucking effect and usually kills at 70%, less if I have rage. One of the best though is Flame Slash, stupid fast frame data, lots of power and knockback, that shit kills at 60% on lighter characters. Jump in Flame Slash.

Actually now, learning that no spell shows up twice in a row for the list, it's possible to lower the spell you can get to a much better situation. So you should be able to avoid randomly pressing into Kamikaze and the like if you got it, cancel the list and then run in and throw out the first option. Much less scary.

There is a world of difference between could and should. I would never want his tools taken away, but if they had to, those are what I would keep because they have utility, the better powerup for killing and breaking shields, Flame slash combined with it would kill almost all characters from 40% and Flame Slash is one of his better attacks because it's fucking 6 frames and can easily two frame and for not even that much MP and then Heal for prolonging the stock. I guarantee you though, that not making those options random, would have more complaining then they are right now.

It's literally just giving him the bunny hood. Go to special smash and put bunny hood on. Play 5-10 matches like that and learn the timing. Congrats, you now know how to handle yourself on 2x speed.

Accelerate is good not only because it lets you attack twice as fast and run twice as fast, but if you get thrown off the edge with it on, you can fly back without even using a recovery. It's broken as fuck. Just like how it's broken in the DQ games (unless the boss has ice wall).

Attached: 1560326799336.png (549x480, 94K)

No but the Switch version has a bunch of exclusive additional content.

Ignore . That list is shitty and tells you to play broken games. Use this instead.

Attached: 1o6iiVB[1].jpg (3376x1440, 3.14M)

The PS4 version is fine. The Switch version is just getting like 40 improvements and new content.

I'd say he at least ranks close to the upper ranks. If you wanted to take a page from the Hero and Olimar you could use pic related, who trumps Sora in popularity, for half his alts.

Attached: Roxas-Headshot.png (1200x1200, 905K)

Tips from someone who has been playing him a bit
>fair and nair are your basic approach tools
>at low percents fair can combo into jab and dtilt
>down throw is your go to grab, can lead into fair and nair
>kafrizzle is your bread and butter. It's one of the best projectiles in the game. Keep it charged whenever you can, even holding onto it psyches people out and makes them fuck up
>2nd level of zap comes out really quick and has stupid range. Abuse it
>kaswoosh is retarded. It's one of the most annoying edge guard tools in the game. If opponent is recovering from below just hop off the edge and charge it up. Makes it a bitch to get back
>use menu sparingly. New stocks, opponent off stage etc. Lots of good edge guarding tools in there like magic burst and snooze etc
>prioritize oomph and bounce when appropriate

>VIII
>3DS
Really? I think it objectively looks 10x worse than the PS2 game. I have never played it though, but I own on PS2. I think I recall seeing it had more content, but does it justify the ugliness?

H O E S M A D
O
E
S
M
A
D

>but does it justify the ugliness?
Far and away, yes. Like, honestly, most of the "uglyness" is that the textures are less detailed, but once you grow accustomed to it, it looks just fine.

3DS has on field enemies, new story segments, two more playable characters, faster EXP gains and no loading. PS2 has random encounters, orchestrated music and looks better, but also has some loading issues.

I think they're equal. But a lot of people can't stand random battles and I prefer them. If you're someone who can't stand random battles or 10 second load times, then you'll have to play the 3DS version. I actually recommend people play both. The game is easily worth playing twice.

Attached: 1347646020175.jpg (300x300, 78K)

Yeah I might double dip after I EVENTUALLY play the PS2 version. I really don't mind random encounters either (the only DQ game I've played is V, so I'm used to it) but the field enemies sound nice for the atmosphere.

I'll get it on switch then. Would rather have more content.

The Switch version has everything the PS4/PC version has, just with 180p less resolution.

That could work. Question is which Roxas? Twilight Town or Organization XIII? Is there another I don't know about? I didn't play 3.

Attached: 1560040535220.gif (496x278, 500K)

It also has the orchestrated soundtrack as an option in the menu, along with the synthesized version, as well as the choice to change the overworld theme from the XI theme to the VIII theme.

Not gonna turn this into a "which is better" thing

>Just like how it's broken in the DQ games
Okay, you might be able to convince me how its good in Smash, but it is not a good spell at all in DQ. Party speed rarely ever makes a difference, its best to just play around the turn order that you get. The only thing that you can benefit from with Acceleratle is speeding up your healer if they aren't already fast enough to guarantee healing before a boss goes.

Coward.

More like it's fucking stupid and annoying. I'd rather keep talking about video games rather than the platforms they end up on.

>Nomura is more important than Disney
>More Important
>Disney
>Disney
>Disney

Attached: D2eVBHhXQAAaAyH.jpg (640x772, 166K)

Yes, that is the special relationship that they have. Nomura is more important than Disney when it comes to his special OC.

Have an actual opinion or shut the fuck up and stop butting into conversations with your fence-sitter preaching.

Both, and you even it out by giving Sora default KH3 and his KH2 look. 4 costumes each with an alt color. And no he has the coat and his casual clothes both in 3.

I do have an opinion, faggot, it's called get it on whatever the fuck you want and shut the hell up.

>M-m-m-m-m-my non-choosing is still a choice!
Have a backbone or shut up.

>Pokey Means Business will never be in Smash

I mean Sakurai likes KH but I imagine the Disney stuff is a weird thing to work with, like are they gonna have a Donald, Goofy, Mickey spirit? Are there even original characters in those games they could use Only? also would that mean whoever the FF and Square characters that appeared, would they be included?

Oh fuck off you console war faggot and get more than one system. I'll get the game on whatever I damn well please and that's having more of a fucking backbone than you'll ever have shilling whatever brand you claim loyalty to.

He might end up with same treatment as Cloud. If Nomura makes all the decisions who knows. Its not like he did with Cloud.

>The only thing that you can benefit from with Acceleratle is speeding up your healer if they aren't already fast enough to guarantee healing before a boss goes.
So...you're saying its good. Also, the same tactic can be used for everything else. Making sure the psyched up person can hit before an enemy/boss can lower their tension. Letting the offensive attacker hit first for the chance of a crit. Making sure your person using buffs/items can go first. Hitting first on metal slimes. And so on.

There's never a time when going first would be a disadvantage.

>Not gonna turn this into a "which is better" thing
I wasn't trying to?

That image is almost small enough to read the text. Can you make it a little smaller please?

Attached: 1139265064469.jpg (700x700, 93K)

God I wish that slime under her ass were me

I was just saying. I'd rather keep talking about DQ or something. I'll see what I get when it actually comes out on Switch. Orchestral versions of the music is tempting cause I don't quite like the synthesized stuff.

Hoes mad

>Oh fuck off you console war faggot and get more than one system.
I have multiple systems, I just know how to look and choose which one is the best per value. If you want to butt into conversations, then do so with something meaningful to add other than "Look how noootroll I am, you other faggots need to stop having opinions because we should stop fighting!"

He will never be nerfed smash is a party game get over it

I'm the guy who asked which one I should get it on. I already said I was gonna wait and see what the Switch version has to offer that PS4 doesn't because I can't very well make a decision if it's not even out for it yet. I see enough god damn threads with nothing but nintendo and sony shitposters and we don't need to derail a somewhat decent thread with it.

All of his projectiles and some hit moves(even twack) are frames 6. They come fast, if you hero reacts fast it's like using a F-smash that's safer.

>have a few months of development left
>decide to add chrom as an easy clone just please some fans of FE, wouldn't take too much time to develop.
>Nintendo kiddies shit the bed and scream at sakurai to make more FE characters but with variety

>I already said I was gonna wait and see what the Switch version has to offer that PS4 doesn't
Don't have to wait. Here you go:

gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additional-elements-and-improvements-dlc-voice-drama-and-more-detailed

It's a pretty huge list of changes/additions.

Attached: 1539304711840.jpg (2048x1152, 623K)

based otisposter

Ha ha ha nice jokes fellow redditors! r/kaswoosh! le funni meme! Kazoop !

sarcasm aside - yes he's going to get nerfed, there's not a single doubt. The second even the pro japanese players starts whining about him, you know they fucked up somewhere.

Faggots that thrives on exploitable online mechanics will always be the first to jump to tell people to get good and that their character doesn't need a nerf. Yet your shitty attempts always fail. K Rool [may] not have deserved those nerfs but you know what? he got them anyway, and then Crocs were mad about it, and it was great.

And guess what's gonna happen? The same shit.

Hoes dead, Hoes dead.

Attached: 1561419607512.jpg (2400x2000, 1.96M)

after I played hero though, I started to like the crits, after I won a team battle with a f-smash crit

Attached: Lu Bu's head aches.jpg (637x1044, 88K)

tl;dr

Attached: 1557702807727.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

DQIII Adventure is the best song in the series. It basically got an orchestral remix for DQXI, and was the best song in that game, too, by a mile.

Still mad that Veronica got in as a mii costume and not Jade or Erik.

Attached: 1563600752622.png (544x921, 626K)

TL;DR
1, 4, 8, or 11
If you want 3, play 1 and preferably 2 first
If you want to play 5, try playing 4 first
8 Is stand alone
11 is stand alone, but better having played the first 9 first.

Attached: atfirst.jpg (1440x450, 304K)

I've been playing Hero a lot since he came out. Up to 4.9 mil, dropped out of Elite a couple of times, but steadily climbing back into it. Hero isn't the best, or even top tier. Simple as. His frame data is too slow, and no one is going to let you down-b right at them. You can't move while doing it, and unless you spam it, they're going to notice what you're doing and avoid the attack. However, spamming it comes with its own drawbacks, such as getting Kaclang, Kamikazee, Zoom, or Magic Burst.

He's potentially busted, but so is G&W. Considering his mediocre frame data and damage on his normals, his lack of a kill throw, his inability to land, and his lack of anti-air-approach options, I'd put him in mid to high tier, just because Zap is so fucking busted .

Joker was/is fucking busted OP, so getting a newcomer that isn't pants-shittingly strong or mind-numbingly bad is a fresh change of pace.

Attached: 1564606473907.jpg (900x530, 96K)

That's basically what the shorter chart said, except you added IV to the recommended starting points. So why does your chart need 100x more words to get the same point across?

Their spells are nothing alike aside from aesthetics.

TL;DR

Attached: hoes mad x24.jpg (640x763, 71K)

And if that is in fact the case I'll go with Switch. The game has a cartoony artstyle so I don't need it to look photorealistic.

Lolwut? Chart 1 says 5, 8, and 11. 5 is wrong, and then it further goes on to recommend 1+2 SuFami versions with cancerous English patch which has ruined playthroughs. Get the fuck out of here, samefagging nigger.

I'll just start with one of the more popular ones then go back to the first. Don't want a backlog of 11 games to play.

they dont play like EO, but that series doesnt have characters because everyone is a selectable portrait that you name. so i guess he is the closest it could get

Here is a trick. You'll never get any of the spells in the list twice in a row. So if you get Kamikaze, the next list won't have it at all. So you can prep your list by getting rid of a spell you don't want and then using it blindly at point blank. Most of the good attacking shit has more chance then anything else to appear as well. I've used it to throw out blind Flame or Kacrackle slashes. People don't seem to think you'll run up to blindly use your menu, since it's so possibly devastating to click something like Kaklang or Hocus Pocus.

>5 is wrong

Attached: 1563505725767.jpg (877x481, 68K)

Eh, EO has gunners. I'm counting it, but mostly cause I want an EO rep.

Attached: d3d0c5c9f4524480437a52ab31a1b778--etrian-odyssey-art-il-gelato.jpg (236x297, 16K)

Throw Inkling and Belmonts in Composer Circlejerk tier.

Also, even though Xenoblade's new music is all ported, Gaur Plains still has the best new track in the game. Those Who Stand Against Our Path is hands down the best song in Smash, and I say that loving most of the Megaman, Splatoon, Sonic, and F-Zero tracks.

Yes. Play 4 first. 4-5-6 is part of the Zenithian trilogy, and 5 is made better with 4 first.

>Lolwut? Chart 1 says 5, 8, and 11.
Or to start with 1.

>5 is wrong
Why is it wrong? Many people started with that one and liked it. And there's no ruining the story in IV or VI if you play V first. It's not like Dragon Quest I-III.

>and then it further goes on to recommend 1+2 SuFami versions with cancerous English patch which has ruined playthroughs.
The second chart recommends the SNES fan translations too, dumbass.

>Get the fuck out of here, samefagging nigger.
What?

I don't really care about either Hero or Banjo, but i understand that they're good additions to the game. Dragon Quest is pretty much a legendary franchise that is as influential to gaming as fucking Mario, even though people don't realize it and Banjo is sure to make a lot of western gamers happy. Although by Yea Forums's logic accepting that this makes other people happy even if it doesn't please me personally makes me a kekhold so whatever

There's very little connection between the Zenithian games. If you want someone to stick with a series it's best to recommend the highest quality entries first.

As a huge fan of Castlevania music, I'm kind of annoyed that all the remixes are guitar ballads. Songs like Prelude and Beginnings just don't work on an electric guitar. But it also just lacks variety, as if the same person remixed all of them.

>Or to start with 1.
You mean start sequentially. It's different than a direct authoritative statement to start with 1 because it starts a trilogy which is actually really important to 2 and 3's story.

>Why is it wrong?
>SNES fan translations too, dumbass.
With an actual warning of "These are glitchy". Personally, I would prefer it if it didn't at all, but that's me.

>There's very little connection between the Zenithian games.
>between the Zenithian games
>Zenithian games.
Retard.

And this is why nobody likes /vg/ faggots

For being right? Shit, I should move over to /vg/ then.

Yeah, the spamming of guitars is kinda lame, but I think they were going for a theme. All the Sploon songs use the same instrumentation, and they didn't go for the wackier songs.

I'll be forever mad that they didn't add Tidal Rush. It's the second worst snubbed song in Smash history.

youtube.com/watch?v=UX1c7wgAbDA

Attached: Marina to smart too win.png (1255x717, 349K)

Except the DQ games are actually good

I don't care much for hero but I would take him any day over kingdom shartz trash. Kh1 is the only good one

I NEVER EVEN REALIZED MUNCHIE WAS THERE

DQXI is my favorite RPG released this half of the decade. I love the design of the hero more than the others, but I hate using the default costume. I've had a tough time weening myself off of immediately tabbing to my costume of choice when picking Hero.

Attached: 1564539571252.jpg (1200x641, 210K)

>pixar movie
Wtf when did Banjo pixar movie about bravery ever happen?

>You mean start sequentially. It's different than a direct authoritative statement to start with 1 because it starts a trilogy which is actually really important to 2 and 3's story.
If they play it sequentially, they'll play I-III in order...are you perhaps a dumbass? Asking seriously.

>Yes. Play 4 first. 4-5-6 is part of the Zenithian trilogy, and 5 is made better with 4 first.
There isn't anything lost if you play V first. If you're going to claim the Zenethian Dragon or his castle are massive plot points, then that's pretty sad. Horii himself has said there isn't meant to be a connection like the Loto trilogy.

>With an actual warning of "These are glitchy". Personally, I would prefer it if it didn't at all, but that's me.
So all of this is just you bitching to have your opinion be heard over actually helping people. Should have known.

Attached: 1562208820056.jpg (750x1000, 494K)

I like Eight a lot. And not just cause he's kind of a reference to DBZ

>They prefer the synth music because it triggers their nostalgia.
they don't

The only part I would've cared about would be the Roto Smash porn, but we didn't even get that.

Attached: deflatedchu.jpg (620x444, 28K)

I just don't want more swordsman. I would be ok with him if we removed lucina, chrom, and young link

you are missing roto for hero, most people refer to the hero of 3 as roto,loto, or erdrick

move young links kit onto toon though. toon link plays like hot ass in ultimate

Honestly that flurry combo young link has seems more suited to toon link.

Yes, a lot of them do. One of the biggest complaints about Dragon Quest X from Japanese fans was it used orchestrated music instead of the classic synth music. They got over it and ended up liking DQX. But it shows you that their preferred music to start is synth. Just like in the west, the preferred music is orchestrated, but we can get used to synth over time when only given that option.

Why not just enjoy Hero (who is more of a mage) and just not play the others you listed?

Attached: 1435108044173.jpg (620x349, 298K)

Brave
The Pixar movie with the bear

> One of the biggest complaints about Dragon Quest X from Japanese fans was it used orchestrated music instead of the classic synth music.
Japs have ghastly taste, as usual.

>They prefer the synth music because it triggers their nostalgia.
So where's your source on that

Weakest link I've ever heard of. That's literally grasping for any kind of connection.

Please do.

See Amazon reviews and 2chan go ballistic whenever they release a DQ game with orchestrated music. Just like we in the west have endless whining whenever a game gets released without orchestrated music. The 3DS ports of VII and VIII also were the lowest selling ports, which featured orchestrated music for the Japanese release.

Did someone say Dragon Quest X!

Attached: princess_chen.png (255x163, 19K)

I like that people complain about the crit but jigglypuff has an actual abusable crit and not a word.

Tbf Hero is THE anime swordsman, and he's a spellsword to boot.

Attached: unimpressed.png (411x412, 296K)

And Incenaroar and Ganondorf can kill at 40%. But all people say is "its balanced because they're slow." Despite they both have near instant attacks. Yeah sure, they RUN slow. But they both have moves as fast as Fox or Marth.

He's also not the only one who can do high damage in one hit. Just saying. And pretty much only a fully charged smash crit will actually get someone out from 0.

>"eh it probably won't be that bad"
>play Hero online
>the fucking damage

Attached: impact.gif (600x338, 2.99M)

look at the slime ear-ring.

I just hope this means were getting a new dragon quest monsters game.

Many people will figure out how to fight him better. That also means Hero mains will also get better.

>Hero is overpowered and I hate him!
>Hero is super fun and I love him!
>Dragon Quest as a series gets more and more attention either way

Attached: 1402815597891.jpg (1200x900, 604K)

Does Hero even still have the skid.

They already are, manipulating the command list is already a thing now and people are using it to remove things like Kamikaze, Hocus Pocus, Kaklang from the menu before blindly using it the next time they bring it up. You'll either get one of the attacks, heal, or zoom, with at least a 60% chance that the attack will be something like Flame Slash, which devastates even at low percents and doesn't cost much MP.

Course the counter to it is simply never let him touch the ground. Any character with a good air game gives him so much trouble. I just can't figure out how to fight Pikachu/Pichu with him.

A bit, if you run and then don't do a quick turn, he will slide for a second and then turn around the other way. I would have to look at the input data they used for the skid and see if the effect was the same, but it probably was.

Keeping him out of the window at all limits what he can do. And his other specials don't quite make up for it. The menu ones are where all that damage potential comes from. Plus he needs to attack to get any real MP regen so if he's getting tossed around at low MP he can't really save himself if he falls too far.

>it's a Bravely Default character because Brave!
>its gotta be Edea because I like her!
>people were actually serious about this

Attached: 1532938158360.jpg (430x430, 47K)

part of a fair and balanced breakfast

Attached: 1498005233918.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Honestly a codename for that they might have gone with default. Which could mean a lot of things.

I hope that next game they have a set idea for new songs. Like, "1 new song per stage, minimum". Megaman got his blue bomber knob slobbed so hard and it's for his one awful level.

Im not sure i like the attention, like i knew DQ wasn't popular in the west but i figured at the very least everyone would know the spell because of DQ8 i mean it was on the ps2 and then on the 3ds, but it feels like the smash community hasn't played any DQ game they keep making shitty jokes about the the psyche up taunt and the "goku alt"

but at least we are not begging for the DQ7 anymore, i can stand all the retards if it means i'll get my games translated, usually i love introducing people to dragon quest but god the smash community sure is autistic

Attached: yoshihiko.jpg (400x450, 51K)

Attached: virginia being demicky.gif (640x360, 2.72M)

I mean eight's tension is actually meant to be a nod to dbz, but I doubt they know that.

I was actually kind of shocked to learn that Eight's hair standing up at Super High Tension wasn't in the Japanese version. I liked it and finding out his heritage just made me think that was part of it.

I still find it odd his name is just Eight.

Eighter was already used

Attached: Android_8.jpg (598x476, 34K)

I have no beef with Sora in particular(I'd prefer Riku) but instead the Sorafags.
I wanted him before ultimate, but after realizing that Sorafags were generally the worst people to have discussions with, I slowly distanced myself from the character.
Every fucking time an RPG or Sword character was mentioned Sorafags would shit up threads with pointless harassment.

That's typical, since they were never suppose to have names, as the characters are just self inserts. It's really the only reason that Hori doesn't mind much when people request to marry the other girls in remakes and stuff. It's your journey, you get to make the decisions.

From that point of view it makes sense yeah. I'm surprised no one has called the new hero Android 17 yet.

They have, or Trunks.

War cry and the 3rd games Overworld theme are literally my favorite songs.
I just wish we got the Boss theme from 9.

I drew this based off of that one Android 17 reaction image

Attached: guess I'll die.png (1051x694, 646K)

Oh. Wait, Trunks? He looks nothing like Trunks. They could at least be correct about something.

Attached: 1562916124269.jpg (320x320, 18K)

If you have the hair curve in a bit more at the bottom you legit have the DQ11 guy. It's not an inaccurate thing to say. He looks more like 17 than Eight looks like Goku.

Check out his white hair alt.

Game and Watch already had crits

It was this

Attached: 1563271808540.gif (234x159, 315K)

>Megaman and Castlevania get like 40 songs each
>but those songs are stuck on a single stage
>meanwhile some characters who actually had new games last generation don't even get unremixed songs from their latest release (ie WarioWare Gold gets nothing, Hey! Pikmin gets like 5 tracks)
it's like 30% of the game's new soundtrack is stuck on the tiniest amount of stages

Eh, the lighter hair can make you think it I guess but even then, trunks never wore red. It certainly doesn't look like 17 though. He's the fusion of Trunks and Kibito.

>Gave Castlevania 34 songs
>Couldn't even add anything from Phantom Pain or Metal Gear Rising

It's suppose to reference Angelo, who is literally just Trunks. Except with a ponytail in his short hair instead of long.

Attached: Dq8-angelo.jpg (600x900, 118K)

Oh yeah.

Attached: 1553541704095.gif (240x164, 2.87M)

>mfw also when Banjo has a shitty "collect items to use moves" gimmick
the menu is one thing but the crits are just fucking stupid

Attached: 1425516983410.png (400x400, 16K)

Attached: 101932811494.gif (459x347, 1.74M)

>Banjo collects Jiggies around the stage like that item you collect pieces of then he gets an instakill move

based

>BK ends up with a "resupply" gimmick where they have to grab nests which are essentially ammo drops.
>mfw Banjo is actually a stealth FPS rep
>Has a rifle weapon projectile special move
>Has a grenade that he can deploy and grab
>Rareware were the brains behind Goldeneye on the N64, the biggest selling FPS on the console as well as Perfect Dark.
>Banjo-Tooie had an entire new gimmick surrounding being an FPS shooter.

Attached: 1540774238139.png (1168x1059, 252K)

I wonder how good will Banjo's Side-B be, it needs Golden Feathers, so i expect he's invinsible at least.

>replaying BK and BT
>get into a corner against a boss
>end up having to time Wonderwings like they were parries at 1 honeycomb

>tfw i wanna main hero and probably will
>but i haven't played a DQ game before in my life
it makes gatekeepers mad so i may go through with it

Attached: EAyAf5RU4AAYtGg.jpg (1200x675, 98K)

Hoes mad

Attached: 1563173426883.gif (500x379, 168K)

I WANT ERINN'S CUNNY SO BAD

but bro, she's a HUMAN loli...

God I love this

I'm curious if it works exactly like Flare Blitz or if there are some key differences besides the limited uses and lack of self damage? Does it carry them through the air like Flare Blitz, making it useful for recovering? I suspect it has full invincibility/armor, so they can probably plow through anything unlike Flare Blitz which gets stopped by certain strong attacks. Do the feathers regenerate naturally, do they have to be collected or is it limited to 5 per stock? So many questions.

Attached: Wonderwing.webm (1280x720, 661K)

>Gold Feathers provide full super armor but you only regain them via KOs or being KO'd
>if you have no Gold Feathers you use Beak Bomb instead which uses a Red Feather (no super armor, otherwise identical) that regenerate over time
>if you have no Red Feathers and you still Side B you plummet to your death like a buffoon

Attached: 1560278922808.jpg (400x306, 86K)

Why is short hop Kazap so satisfying?

Smells like you have cumbrain retard

Attached: 1564725004161.jpg (500x375, 117K)

Why would anyone go for Sora? i like the guy and all, but the literal identity of his series is a crossover between a form of media that has nothing to do with gaming, Disney. including kh in this gaming crossover without disney is gutting his franchise

Personally, I really like I'll Face Myself. Although I do agree they should've just called it Never More instead, seeing as the only I'll Face Myself anyone really remembers is the Boss version.

DQ isn’t generic if it pioneered so many of the tropes it uses