How could they fuck this up so bad

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Command_Selection
youtu.be/ooxL0EfF0b8
youtu.be/Ne6uRK7sNRE
twitter.com/niobrando?lang=en
destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes--135393.phtml
siliconera.com/2017/08/06/square-enix-asked-akira-toriyama-design-dragon-quest-xis-main-characters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To shill for DQ 11 duh.

90% of Heroes I've seen are either Erdrick or Eight

And he's the Kirby hat. I really think they wanted him to be the default skin but they couldn't because Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition is coming out September 27th and Hero feels more a part of that deal than an inclusion for its own sake. Even the stage/spirit/etc need to have this ridiculously long title to push this new edition. So that's why.

This. I've seen 11 once and the other guy never.

because 11 hero is soulless

11 looks like android 17 while erdrick is goku
of course people play as goku

Luminary grew on me so I play him. Erdrick is classic and has a based va.

because

Attached: free advertisement.jpg (1280x1112, 300K)

They look pretty good in Smash style. Maybe one day my boy Crono will be in.

He’s mainly being used as an advertisement for a new game. Like a lot of other smash characters.

How long until a Banjo game gets announced for Switch so people call him a shill too?

Racist.

Anyone who plays as the Erdrick skin is usually gay and bad at the game. I’ve been playing for hours now and that’s the impression I got

9 is best hero

They play him because they have a nostalgic boner for Link's old voice.

Rare Replay coming to Switch this fall

Reminder

Attached: 1561191565316.png (1246x2419, 1.11M)

>Don't care for DQ at all
>Have to rep the King of Braves

Attached: gc.jpg (640x480, 61K)

>Rare Replay heavily rumored to be coming to Switch
Nah Banjo's a shill too

Japan wanted the Hero more than they wanted Banjo, and that matters more than any opinion the west has. Joker, however, is indeed a shill pick.

FUCKING BASED

LET ME PLAY AS THE CELESTRIAN SAKURAI YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT

Nintendo only got away with getting so much DQ content because SE forced them to shill the game. Luminary is the main skin and DQ11 gets the stage. Sakurai advertised DQ11S with its release date like 3 times during the presentation. If they didn't, we probably would have gotten Cloud representation with like 2 songs and that's it.

imagine playing fag gohan and not the Chad cursed king instead.

How can Joker be a shill pick when person 5 is not even on the switch

>Erdrick isn't the main skin
Who cares? They show all 4 heroes in the trailer. Fuck off.

I just remembered that the VA that voices Erdrick also voices my favorite character of all time so I'm feeling mighty tempted to swap from Eight to Gohan.

Attached: Ddlja5GVwAE7x1Y.jpg (533x681, 52K)

i seen more Eightchads than Erdrick and Shillinary desu

>"shill" a character from non Nintendo franchise, exclusive to Sony
Suuuure.

It shills you to buy a PS4 and persona 5

Also, pic protagonist as a skin option would be much better than 1 or 3.

Attached: download (3).jpg (208x242, 9K)

daily reminder Hat in Time devs are doing the next Banjo game

Swordie is the Nigger of Smasher lingo

I just play as him because he looks like Gohan. Played DQ11 and it was alright, don't really care for it though.

>literally just frieza force armor

Everything about hero, even down to sakurai's presentation of him, feels superimposed by square

So of course its no shock that 11 is the main skin, the stage is based on 11 and they marketed 11 like crazy this E3.

Attached: 1533743435390.png (640x1136, 424K)

Erdrick/Three's Drama CD name is fucking stupid

im not going by it no matter how much you accuse me as a secondary, neither will the same people that been calling him Roto/Loto for DECADES

im officially listing it as a way to figure who the Smash fan or wikifag

reminder Square going to go with one hero before they gave Smash the exceptional spinoff rule
this is why you never see the otber Heroes fight each other in DQ spinoffs

What about sakurai's presentation felt imposed by Square? I didn't like the "livestream" style but idk what you mean

Its obvious Square sees smash as the next way to blow up DQ just like FE. Except FE took years and only when Awakening came out.

and just like when he had to suck their dicks to get Cloud, he had to make him one of the most broken, retarded DLC yet.

History repeats itself in funny ways

Or this one.

Attached: download (4).jpg (191x263, 10K)

t. Square employee

A lot of people probably play Erdrick because he's the one from the leaks.

Hero isn't broken though. You're just bad. End of story.

Its sad it even has to be this way with two of the most iconic JRPG franchises. When Banjo comes out i guarantee you he will have more music than cloud or hero combined and theyll be fantastic remixes.

Why are all of these localized names better than the original?

ssbwiki.com/Command_Selection

Tell me how the fuck Evil Slash is a better name than Hatchet Man

Hiyama > Kusao >= Saiga > Kaji
This is why I play 3 over the rest.

youtu.be/ooxL0EfF0b8
Nice try faggot, i luck my way out of every match.
You don't need to be good to win with that character. End of story.

Wait, I thought Erdrick was a literal who. What happened?

Oh wow
Three clips of the odds being in your favor
How long did THIS take to splice together?

that's because 11 has by far the worst design out of any Dragon Quest protagonist. He's just so fucking bland and lame looking.

>Can't admit this happens all the time because muh DQ prota cant be that broken
literal fag. The first clip you're looking at is a 36second match, it's nearly the full thing. Second clip is just me staying alive despite getting fucked by a KRool that's way stronger than me and surviving an UpThrow at 170%
Last is just dumb luck.
I'm not gonna upload a million match for you.
That character is deadbrained shit. Deal with it or don't.

Smash always makes irelevant franchises popular

>Winning against opponents that are mentally retarded
>”SEE THIS PROVES MY POINT”
You were kaclang’d and that Erdrich did a fully charged smash on you followed by a fully charged side b. While you were invincible. You literally handed him a stick and he fucked it up. Your gsp must be in the double digits so I don’t see how fighting the mentally impaired proves your point.

>radon shitty indie team which shills for trannys is doing the next banjo game
yeah, no

retards got dabbed on

LOL

this
>Banjo
>Mother
>Fire Emblem
>Metroid
>all those freebie Retro picks

>Don't forget about Dragon Quest Definitive edition tm
>Check out Dragon Quest definitive edition September 27th!

we memed him in like with Ridley, K.Rool, and Incineroar

Joker - Shill
Hero - Shill/Popular
Banjo-Kazooie - Popular/Possible Shill?
Leon - Shill/Popular
Crash - Popular/Possible Shill?
Doomguy - Shill/Popular
Kasumi - Shill?
Ryu Hayabusa - Shill/NESfag
Chosen Undead - Shill?

Before I played the game I assumed he was just some NPC. He's so non-distinct.

>t.GSPfag

thanks for proving my point. It's about 5,170,000 now. Doesn't make me any better than literally anybody knowing what to do with my sandbag of a playstyle.

It's a waste of character and it's not getting any better as DQfags try to defend it. I'm straight up telling you there wasn't any skill involved in my wins, i just got lucky, all the time.

Attached: gspfag.jpg (1260x707, 246K)

God I hope so.

>Fire Emblem
>Metroid
>Irrelevant
Nice try.

Well that's a given, they got 8 songs from them

and soon doom

honestly, I feel like Luminary would legitimately be the least used skin of Hero if he wasn't the default one. I see way more Erdricks and Eight's online, and Luminary's presence online is only slightly higher than Solo to me.

really all the characters in 11 look extremely bland, except maybe Rab, Jade, and Hendrik. Feels like Toriyama just didn't really give a shit, probably getting old and tired.

Why does this work so much? Why don't they just press the shield button or jump? Their eyes too focused on the menu I guess?

Attached: record scratch freeze frame 'yup that's me alright'.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Smash is why there's even an international market for Fire Emblem.

the hero from 2 couldn't use magic, only his cousins could
also Princess of Moonbrook is hot

I'm just enjoying playing 8 and browsing these threads. I can't wait for Banjo, when everyone bitches about him for weeks. Heck, I'm already missing the daily Joker threads complaining that nobody knows Joker.

Attached: 1560803806387.jpg (1200x1006, 322K)

Its a shill for the N64 Classic

>FE wouldn't be relevant to trendy otaku without fucking Smash
>Metroid game hasnt sold big since after Prime 3 and Fusion (as much Sakamoto claims SR was still a success)
keep being in denial

Attached: 1564687792125.png (353x421, 265K)

What are the chances that we'll get future updates/DLC for other hero skins?

I'm more hype for Bajno music than I am for Banjo himself

Oh, I see :^ (

Pretty sure it was more Advance Wars' success that convinced IS they could release FE internationally too. If it was all due to Smash they'd have gone with FE6.

0%
Smash 6 might have new alts at best.

Zero.

Banjo wont be better than the current DQHero because Sakurai wont have to worry about the SE mafia trying to shove buster swords up his ass.

Plus barely anybody in the east cares about the furry so there won't be that much of a backlash.

I don't personally find Joker OP - extremely powerful but not unbeatable or game-breaking.

It's DQ so it "HAD" to be great so they could please the ricemen and get at least more than 2 stupid songs this time (sadly they picked the worst, fucking MIDI)

I honestly expect Banjo to be the worst character in the Fighter Pass, Sakurai clearly doesn't care about him.

I like both the character and music. I'm just looking forward to weeks of people saying how nobody wanted Banjo for Smash despite all the evidence

Attached: Backpack.png (500x463, 157K)

They would have to port all the ones to switch to make it more popular

Is there any reason for not having Yea Forums online tournaments bros?

>N64 Classic
>6 select titles includes a "64DD" expansion to the game
>playing a mastered version of Star Fox 64 and Smash 64 with more content
would buy desu

Attached: 1564062049078.webm (720x1278, 2.62M)

Haha, oh my god we're ALREADY getting bitching about Banjo!
>Banjo will be worse than DQ hero, just because don't ask any questions
Thanks user, this feels like a preview of fall. lol

Attached: 91yiltwe11x11.jpg (1200x1028, 161K)

>Advance Wars
>success
what? on the GBA?
FE almost died due to FE Shirow Dragon

Why do people like you make up weird bullshit like "sakurai clearly doesn't care about him" to satisfy your delusions about a childrens party game.

when i said "worse" i meant in the way that he won't be as powerful. you completely missed the point.

Sakurai has no pressure to make that character powerful because nobody gives a shit outside of the west. DQ's a different story.

This, and I’m glad, his fans don’t honestly deserve him.

I WILL ADDRESS THIS ONCE.. JUST BECAUSE I DESPISE BANJO’S INCLUSION DOES’T MEAN I WANTED STEVE!

>Sakurai wont have to worry about the SE mafia trying to shove buster swords up his ass.
Are you seriously arguing that Microsoft just... won't care about how Banjo is being done for some reason? Why?
It helps to justify their own headcanons

>Blocking out your name in fucking smash

Holy yikerinos

>you will never be that boy

You fell for a meme, the desperate screams of rosterfags who refuse to accept that they could have slept on a series so hard while all the based anons called Dragon Quest as soon as Cloud arrived.

Attached: 1556818389360.jpg (901x1172, 287K)

>when i said "worse" i meant in the way that he won't be as powerful
Oh ok, what I meant was
>>Banjo will be less powerful than DQ hero, just because don't ask any questions
LOL wow what a retarded opinion. And it's justified with "w-well DQ is popular..."

I use the one with the red hat.

The 11 stuff seems to be imposed, but Sakurai really fucking likes Dragon Quest

Attached: 1555546369283.jpg (1116x1245, 293K)

He's probably a Steve-Shitter

k

that's all you got after i defeated all your arguments?
alright i'll take it, i guess.

As much as i like to demonize Microsoft for various bullshit - they're no Square Enix in terms of Jewry on their licences. They're gonna be fine as long as the character conveys the happy-go-lucky style they want it to put inside people's minds. DQ's all about hardass anime fighters and many slanted eyes would have shed tears if he wasn't overpowered. Banjo will be fine, or at least, i think so.

Ngl hero is fun as fuck, they put a shit ton of time into him with all of those moves. Lots of respect to him. Fuck joker though.

Nobody plays as Solo. It should have been Sofia.

Attached: file.png (850x1465, 1.2M)

remember when people called Simon irrelavant literal who bandwagon choice because he was rumored?
its like people forget that Konami wanted to bring back Castlevania since 2017

He has the best Link voice so there's no reason not to play Erdrick.

Counterpoint: FE was much smaller than DQ already is, even in the west.
DQ has already broke 1 million in the west twice, possibly thrice with 11's post switch sales, FE didn't break 1 million Japan + West until way after Smash.
If you count Japanese sales you basically have each of the Hero's skins being from games that alone almost sell as much as 70-80% of the total FE lifetime franchise sales.
So who knows what can happen here.

i actually exclusively use the skin with the cute hamster and in fact bought the character solely for him.

Attached: hampunch.jpg (1200x802, 225K)

>Banjo will just be less powerful than Hero, I feels it in my bones. Just believe me!
How not convincing in the slightest!

>Konami wanted to bring back Castlevania since 2017
Oh, do they have another pachinko box planned out?

They did port every single DQ to the 3DS, so who knows.

>What are your top 3 RPGs of all time
>names 4 games and a tcg
based

>ignores how big DQ is in Japan outselling many other franchise sales in Smash combined in Japan alone
>Pokemon, Fire Emblem and FF wouldn’t exist without it
>Bear from a dead franchise that is only in same as Ridley, begging to Sakurai

Nigga please.

Honestly, I fell like Erdrick/Roto and 8 have the best designs, 11 is ruined for me because he is a shill character, and solo is meh

youtu.be/Ne6uRK7sNRE

>Hero isn't broken

Attached: 1538716223103.jpg (960x880, 72K)

No one is arguing with you earnestly because you’re so fundamentally wrong that your arguments speak for themselves. That is, everyone already knows they’re wrong. It’s an understood thing that you are wrong.

This is your last reply, use it well

You're talking about it like i'm desperately wanting anything out of that character to begin with. I can't give a shit wether he's gonna be strong or not; i only care as if he's going to be balanced or not. Having an inkling about something doesn't mean i'm gonna preach it in the fucking streets.

I didn't like any of the DLCs aside of Joker so far and he's borderline OP; at least enough for not making me want to play him.

Strong characters just cuts me the will to play with them as i can just count on them to carry my ass. I don't mind playing [against] them that much: even though it's somes frustrating.

that's just the price of fun.

Marth and Roy were meant to be removed in the western release of Melee since FE is non-existant in the West aside from that one anime OVA. Same with Earthbound, how many got into that game before Smash?

breh, the collections
also that mobile game is basically that new MMX mobile game
It should be obvious a new castlevania should be annouced next year

Banjo Kazooie was emblematic of a video game boom that occurred when everyone went 3D. Their games also inspired neumerous other 3D platformers and collect-a-thons, as they pretty much set the standard for them. They also had a considerable international following.

Why did they call him Arusu?

>You're talking about it like i'm desperately wanting anything out of that character to begin with.
Well, you're openly expecting the character to be less powerful "just because"
>I can't give a shit wether he's gonna be strong or not
I find that hard to believe since you brought this up in the first place
>Having an inkling about something doesn't mean i'm gonna preach it in the fucking streets.
Uh, user...
>Strong characters just cuts me the will to play with them as i can just count on them to carry my ass. I don't mind playing [against] them that much: even though it's somes frustrating.
I like how you just started talking about random shit in the end
Sorry user, you're still kind of an idiot for pushing this headcanon

Marth was supposed to be in Melee
the japan-exclusive stuff was an idea Sakurai immediately threw out, rather being "planned"

>DQHero isn't OP
>I show a homemade shitty video comprised of 3 random fights of which most of them near carbon copies in terms of luckying my way to victory
> B---but you had to STITCH IT d-didn't you. You must be a Two digit GSP haha
> Every single character in Elite, GSP doesn't mean shit, a kid can get to Elite, even easier with this retarded character
> YOU'RE WRONG AT EVERYTHING UH YOU'RE CENSORING YOUR NAME FAGGOT

in my last reply i'd just like to tell you to try and cope better than that. That character is retarded and requires no skills, nothing you will say can change that.

So, Lord of Shadows 3?

Because that's his birth name. Erdrick is a title. His real name was lost to time, so everyone just calls all of his descendants by the title.

That's his name.

>>I show a homemade shitty video comprised of 3 random fights
Yeah this is why nobody takes your point seriously, user. You're kind of a moron.

*his CD Drama name
Arusu is gay, glad people forgot his real name

Reminder that if a Hero beats you online he DID outskill you and is a better player than you. What, you're saying he got lucky cause of muh RNG? Go ahead and try to play the best poker players in the world and see if you can beat them. Skill can exist alongside RNG. Anyone who isn't a complete scrub can see this.

You could say the same about Mario 64 but ya right. DQ practically took what Ultima did and invent the modern standard of RPG genre, to say it’s a shill character is mind boggling, you can say the same with Ryu regarding SF5 when his series shaped the fighting game genre as a whole.

I do love the salt towards Hero.
If anything, more people will play DQ like those with FE and Earthbound.

Toriyama is retired I think. Pretty sure it's a guy imitating his art.

Smash comp babies are afraid of RNG, why do you think they don't play with items and only on final destination like stages, they think this makes the game fair

Attached: Lol.gif (300x277, 1.82M)

i see, that makes more sense

i'm sorry you can't cope with facts, user, i really do.

He'll be patched soon and we wont have to have such a retarded conversation anymore.

>my shitty three-round video is all the objective facts
Seriously, just fuck off user

>That character is retarded and requires no skills
So most characters in the game

Toriyama only draws the protagonists in Dragon Quest now. He did, in fact, draw all the party members in 11, but he was given an outline.

Does this mean every upcoming character will have a "also look forward to their upcoming game" segment like with Hero's?

Every character in Smash has at least one game, so technically they're all shills.

Did you edit that with a fucking smartphone or something?
Yikes, even Paint can do better than that.

Attached: name.png (1260x707, 1.12M)

I play him because I have a nostalgic attachment to Dragon Warrior 3 on NES and also because 3 is the only DQ game I have ever played.

>put clips of shitty players together with no context
>hero is broken

Joker didn't

Same

>a tranny in time
NOOOOOO, BANJOBROS!!!!!

Is this you?

twitter.com/niobrando?lang=en

>implying Yea Forums's opinion matters when every pro is saying he's dumb, with the exception of samsora.

Do you need a billion fucking videos before you're satisfied, faggot? You can look them up on any social media, everyone is getting jank kills, fuck off.
Sadly yes, most but not all. There's some characters i really do have respect for. People who stuck with Sheik despite all her shortcomings for example. Shotos are also pretty alright for doing good inputs despite this garbage online. Lots of other super-nerfed characters. I personally main Robin (which is part of why i hate DQHero so much). Tough character to use and nobody likes them. Getting fucked by the tome limitations fucks me up. I'm not really fan of campy characters so i didn't mind limitations that much as i like to take risks to win. But in Ultimate they made their projectiles more based off distance instead of aggression so my playstyle is a bit affected by it.

Some characters really got the shaft in this episode and i really respect some of them for keeping their mains despite that.

>5.1m doc

based

What a little baby this person is

I did it with Lightshots. I didn't really think i had to make it pretty for the job to work.
In retrospect i don't even know why i censored it as it's not even my usual nick and just a name for the controls. But i think we already established i'm somewhere on the spectrum for spending so much time on that party game.

wrong user but yes that's me. If you're talking about the Robinsperg talking about Banjo. I'm no competitive player, i'm just kind of tired of expecting stuff to happen.

This obsession is sad

Your art is better than mine, but your opinions on vidya are shit and so is your nieces OC

>what is fire emblem

It's marketing for Dragon Quest XI, coming to Switch in 50 days. I play Eight, but I applaud their decision to have Eleven as the focus. For the first time in 30 fucking years, Dragon Quest is getting proper advertising in the west.

Attached: 1527728180657.png (1500x1109, 2.74M)

pls she's like 12, we all had shit design ideas as kids.
but thanks i guess

>Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition

Attached: 1542767293449.png (500x767, 234K)

Solo's design is by far the worst. That Slime earring is goddamn ridiculous, prove me wrong.

No, he looks like fish and i liek him

You just know everyone would be maining Sonia if she got in over Solo but we live in an imperfect world.

I'm considering selling my switch because I only wanted Smash and its obvious they'll never actually finish this game. The meta is beyond fucked and it's looking more likely that they wont have an SNK rep.
What's a good CPU I could invest in using the funds from selling smash ultimate and a switch?

Attached: 1564541122521.png (483x543, 164K)

What are you?
A gay fish?

Attached: 1549608984110.png (600x569, 290K)

Or DQXISEoaEADE for short

i play solo BECAUSE hes the closest thing to sofia

Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers

Maybe

Attached: kanye-west-0814-GQ-FEKW01.01.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Just get splatoon

>That Slime earring is goddamn ridiculous, prove me wrong.
Slime earrings are an actual item in the series. It gives +4 to defense. He's wearing them because Sakurai is an actual fan of DQ and wanted to throw in as many details as he could. And his hair and other features make him look different from other Heroes.

>wah all Toriyama's designs look the same!
>wah I hate Solo because he looks different!

Attached: 1466998831038.jpg (367x306, 155K)

you know Pokémon & Mario have just as much characters as fire emblem does , right

Cool

>not having Mario Kart 8, BotW, Splatoon or waiting for Dragon Quest XI
If you bought the system just for Smash Bros, you should sell it. Because you're an idiot.

He is on Persona Q2 which is on the 3DS.

Even is Square is intent on shilling C17 to no avail.

No, that game is complete ass.

At least pokemon and Mario reps have more variety and arent just anime horseshit.

Attached: 071b2f8a198e1e2d9eec60355d6fa84b7cd2983dd49646cb6de63b9cdefa2f4c.jpg (510x359, 126K)

Man, why is Akira Toriyama's art so fucking nice looking

>Buying a console for one game
>Ever

Whatever you get after selling, you will be disappointed with
Try looking into other Switch games. Selling your switch is not going to give you the money you need to build a PC.

How do I get the slime hat? I have the dlc but it's not in the mii hats

You have to buy it individually

Oh look it's green hair Goku. Is that new saiyan form?

>mario kart 8
>when I can still play double dash with friends and netplay on dolphin
I bought a switch for the developer tools nintendo provided and also the possibility of hacking it. There are no games currently even worth playing on it anyways.

Attached: 1564568930776.jpg (335x600, 63K)

Seth Green doesn't count?

On the shop or with maney?

While i agree on some -
Lucina, Marth, Roy & Chrom might as well be the same character.
But Corrin, Robin and Ike have nearly nothing to do with them. Especially Corrin & Robin.

and well, Pikachu & Pichu are hardly different from one another; like Mario & Doctor Mario; though they """"arent"""" echoes.

With muney

I didn't know Goku likes to have fish fins in his head

I play as the protagonist from 4 because it was my first dragon quest game.

that's green hair yamcha, stupid

Solo has the best sword and shield

Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart yet. You're not cool for sticking to an older game. You're just the Mario Kart equivalent of a Melee fag. Keeping to Double Dash would have been fine if Mario Kart DS/Wii were the latest games. Those really did suck. But Mario Kart 8 fixed literally every problem those games had and improved upon 64/Double Dash as well.

unsurprising as that design is for the SNES remake of DQ1, which came around the time the Namek saga was going on in the manga.

That's fucked up

Hero as a character alone isn't a shill pick, but Eleven being the "main" skin definitely is, and the fact they dropped the release date of XI S on the presentation (and twice to boot) makes it very obvious

Not as sad as a 40% suicide rate, tranny.

Mechanically, I do still think double dash is much more refined than 8 and the normalfags who barely play any vidya that I play with seem to think so as well.

Attached: 8a97d28196f9195c8e9b525e655814ad8f0b16a8a2fec58185d3b7ee0b1baa52.gif (320x179, 1.68M)

I do the same but with 3

I don't make the rules

>Banjo-Kazooie - Popular/Possible Shill?
MAYBE Rare Replay port but unlikely
>Crash - Popular/Possible Shill?
both
>Kasumi - Shill?
nobody gives a shit about Kasumi
>Ryu Hayabusa - Shill/NESfag
it'd only be for popularity but even then Ryu was always on the lower tier of NES stars compared to Simon, Mega Man, etc.
>Chosen Undead - Shill?
would shill the DaS Switch port and you could probably stretch the argument that he'd shill for Elden Ring as well, what with both games being From titles owned by Bamco and sharing thematic and contextual similarities

>refined
What does that even mean? It's just your subjective view. I can say I think MK8 is more "refined" and there's nothing you can say that proves it wrong.

I play as the protagonist from 8 because My GF says I look like him.

Attached: 1561355115712.jpg (2073x1329, 129K)

OOOOOH ELDEN RIINGUUU

He’s wrong either way, as Double Dash is inferior to 8 in almost every metric

What? Don't you remember? It was a flash back of one of Goku's descendentes.

I want 9 to be remade an online mode.

>People meme up Erdrick and he looks like the fag from Jump Force
>Eight is literally the only exposure 99% of Smashfags have

>Rare Replay on Switch
>Banjo Kazooie from 30 FPS to 10 due to hardware
WOOOOOOW

SHATTERED BY SOMEONE
OR SOMETHING

Attached: i doubt you could even imagine it.png (655x557, 227K)

>and he looks like the fag from Jump Force
Hey, it's not Dai's problem that he ended up in a shitty game.

>Banjo with blue white and pink shorts by default
>Have to 110% the game just to get regular shorts

>Square letting Sakurai throw shade on that music bit freely
WRONG

>meta is beyond fucked
>wantig a literally who SNK rep
>DURR FIRE EMBLEM CLONES HURR
Imagine being such a cringe singularity

Attached: cringe compendium.jpg (1200x794, 230K)

you're not considering selling anything
you probably don't even have a switch
you most likely don't even care about the game's meta

beautiful

Got real hyped when they announced Hiyama as the DQ3 hero voice, I love GGG so much.

I don't think Chosen Undead is in, he'd play to similarly to Hero if they went with the "generic knight" version of him and be honest that's the recognizable one

the only similarities would be that they both use a sword and shield, CU has enough to distinguish him from Hero

>calls his own parents trannies if they disagree with him
Poor child.

>lmao why is the iconic face of the series more popular than the newest one????
You may as well ask why Mario is more popular than Luigi or Wario

I don't like trannies either but how the fuck is having them taking care of a furfag franchise is any different from giving it to regular furfags who might also be trannies?

That was actually pretty funny, I would totally see it happen

>Bought Switch for MHGU
>2,000 hours
>Got my money's worth
>Friends prefer it over Worldtrash
Smash I'll -never- play outside of Friendlies either, since I'm 100% due to lose, and have hit 1GSP as Incineroar while actually trying. I quit playing since, and only play update Smash and peek my head in on new characters.

Don't be ridiculous

>Switch versions of ports
>Good
Rare Replay on Steam or fuck off

These are all N64 games, be real

The fact the Kirby hat is Erdrick kinda makes it obvious him being the main one wasn't the initial idea.

That and all the leakers had been saying Erdrick this whole time.

How is "who the main one" is something to be outraged over? Originally people thought it was only going to be Erdrick and now it turns out we have 3 others besides him; is this a worse scenario now because Trunks being the ""face"" makes him a shill? Of course they'd put the one from the newest game slightly before the other ones in some menus, who gives a shit so long as the rest are there and functionally identical in terms of gameplay and how much attention was given to their designs?

nah that's just a rumor. You get them 40% of the way through the game.

Attached: banjo kid.png (437x850, 565K)

Um, excuse me, but what if kids google that? We need to call it DrQuXISEcOfAnElAgDeEd to protect them.

Is this real or a mod?

real, you get it in one of the DLCs

Daamn, so is Hat in time, like a spiritual succesor to Banjo games or what?

There's definitely some influences but it isn't fully. It's got some linear level design in some parts.

It's kinda an amalgam of various 3d platformers really.

it combines different aspects of 3D platformers for each of its different worlds

Interesting, might give it a try in the future

Because Eight is a nintendo character.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 4.56.59 PM.png (462x547, 348K)

The Kirby hat is actually another DQ11 reference. The headpiece is slightly different and the sword and shield designs are the Luminary's.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-Costumes-Erdwin-Set.jpg (952x2160, 234K)

Does anybody have a good Mii for the Martial Artists? I'd take Tienshinhan at the very least.

It's Japanese version of 'Arthur'

You know, like King Arthur?

I'll only accept CU if he exclusively uses this build in Smash.

Attached: the turtle.jpg (1600x900, 200K)

>SNK
>literally who
Also it's pretty funny how people accept the horseshit Nintendo piles out and calls a video game lineup. None of it even comes close to the quality of games released for the gamecube. All the good devs are gone and the divisions dissolved. Iwata is rolling in his grave.

Attached: 1563945719569.jpg (960x1280, 113K)

Hey, does anyone have the most recent version of this roster maker?

Attached: :v:'s roster.png (720x990, 1.44M)

that's not even the most recent Yea Forumsoster

I know, i plan to make one tomorrow.

>11 is ruined for me because he is a shill character
Why does it matter? Even if 11 wasn't coming to switch Luminary probably would have still been in just by being the most recent mc alone. You fucks care way too much over this sort of thing.

one of the Rare people even said HiT was "the Banjo of our current time"
he's clearly spitballing a surprise right there too

I've been seeing more Luminarys desu

Ill be honest I not only pick Erdrick because his design is the best but also because he's voiced OoT Link so I can pretend Hero's essentially the grandfather of all heroes of that archetype

Attached: Erdrick_-_Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate.jpg (5370x5370, 1.91M)

*Yamcha Verde

Erdrick is my wife.

Attached: dco0k6t-b49d3e1e-579e-4be9-a05a-336f38e5ae1c.png (850x935, 233K)

I'm just glad we got 8. He has my favorite design.

Knowing Square they probably have extremely unrealistic expectations for the western sales just like with the games they publish like Sleeping Dogs or Tomb Raider

Attached: 1521356793593.gif (540x408, 2.88M)

make him select around equipment/items instead of Magic in the commamnd menu

ah yes heavier mario and auratwo are quite compelling variety

>toryiama is a hack, more news at 11 when we also discuss the sky is blue

why don't they just call him Arthur then?

because yoshihiko colors

The previous management in Squenix definitely did. Wada and his cronies hated anything that wasn't Final Fantasy. But they got ousted and replaced in 2015. I'm not going to say the new people are perfect. But since they came in, we've gotten every DQ game localized and they're slowly increasing marketing support for the series. Compare this to the Wada years where increasing sales was met with fewer releases.

They also did the same to Chrono. "A low effort port of Chrono Trigger sold almost as much as the original game? Well it didn't sell 10 million copies so the fans must not want a sequel!"

destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes--135393.phtml

Attached: 1560841626782.png (500x500, 489K)

Japanese doesn't have a thorn (th) sound in their language. When taking foreign words, they adapt them to Katakana as best they can. I think they should try to adopt some western letters like l or q or th if they're going to use so many roman names. But that's not their way.

It's not that I care that much, but Erdrick is clearly supposed to be the main fighter, it rubs me the wrong way seeing him be so forced as the main only because his game is coming out soon, especially in their order, we have 11 THEN 3, 4 and 8, I could also be a little biased towards Erdrick because I like dragon quest 3 the most, I just like him more

Attached: Hedgehog Emerald Buster.jpg (943x1024, 131K)

I love Solo because everything about his design looks like it would never have happened outside of the 80s.

Look at that fucking hair and those flowing clothes

Makes sense.
Most people pick Erdrick because of the meme or because they want to get as close as they can to playing as Goku.
Most people pick Eight because VIII is the only DQ game people in the west have actually played. (and IX)

Someone literally said it's not Toriyama that made the art, learn to read replies user

>More news at 11
heh

Never played any DQ before but Erdrick is by far the coolest looking of the 4. Should've just made him the character and stuck with his name rather than 'Hero' which is kind of lame

siliconera.com/2017/08/06/square-enix-asked-akira-toriyama-design-dragon-quest-xis-main-characters/

Fun fact: Marth from Fire Emblem was supposed to be called Mars (Marusu) like the Roman god of war, which makes sense since the first FE had a Roman aesthetic and was about war, but it got mistranslated in Melee as Marth and they just stuck with it. A lot of translation get's screwed up with the way Japanese language goes (Porky=Pokey, Roto=Loto, etc.)

Attached: 2393cafe3291ca2ac0a2e6399d95632baf30db43_hq.jpg (489x980, 59K)

>tfw they didn't put the main characters from 5, 7 or 9

I wanted to play as a celestian dammit

Even if it was only him, his "name" would be either Hero or Loto. Because both are just titles. You as the player put in the name.

Attached: 1554756741546.jpg (800x600, 366K)

I'd agree with you except after the Hero was announced I tried out some DQ games and
After playing them I would've wanted him in smash from the beginning. They are well thought out RPGs

You think Double Dash is more mechanically sound than MK8, so I don't think your views on quality in video games are very valid, dear sir
Not to mention, Sunshine is ran around, triple jumped over, and BLJ'ed in the dust by Odyssey, so I have no idea where you get that ayways

Attached: bara shrug.png (894x682, 406K)

>no one in the west even remembered Banjo until rumors of Smash started
>he only got in because Japan kept voting for him
>implying Hero wasn't wanted by Japan

>so I can pretend Hero's essentially the grandfather of all heroes of that archetype
Isn't he though? At least in games it would be somewhere between him, Link and maybe the DQ1 hero I think.

Yet they called Joker "Joker" when that's just a codename and his official name is Ren Amamiya. They used the name Erdrick for the Mii costume, so chances are they'd use Erdrick for the character if it was only him.

But you could say the same for Link..?

Probably both him and Link set the standard. Though you can argue that anime and movies were doing it long before any Japanese games got made. At the very least, you can say Hero set the standard for JRPGs focusing on swordsmen.

The difference is, in the last 3-4 Zelda games, his name has actually been Link without any option to name him. Because cutscenes are more important in modern Zelda than self insertion, apparently. But in Dragon Quest, even the latest games, you still put in your own name.

When it comes to Dragon Quest 1, the name was even more. It influenced your starting stats.

Attached: 1561399211667.jpg (900x900, 794K)

The Fire Emblem OVA was localized in 1997 and used the name Mars for him. Why they decided to release this in the west despite FE being a JP only series at the time is a mystery to me.

Attached: FEAnime.jpg (269x453, 38K)

Anime distributors back then would get anything they could. As long as it was cheap. They'd buy the exclusive rights to some shows as low as $150,000. Then turn around and sell a shitty VHS copy for $60. Those were dark days for anime fans in the west. And it's not a surprise fansubs grew popular then.

I played like 400+ hours of DQIX and I don't even know what the canon MC is supposed to look like

I play Solo exclusively

Hero has a little something for everybody.

Attached: Dragon Quest Smash Representation5.png (1342x538, 243K)

It's funny because this was blueriver's voice for Marth and I suppose they stuck with him for consistency

I see what you did there.

Attached: 1445501508100.jpg (800x1113, 255K)

>N64 ports on Steam
>good
>ever

Are there really that many of them to set a precedence? I thought Shadowman was alright

Why can’t we get the DS games ported to Switch? I wanna replay 8 and 9 now but I don’t wanna mess with emulators