August 2019....I am forgotten

August 2019....I am forgotten

Attached: rooster-teeth.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KSe_ERAknY0?t=163
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much, Camp Camp is the only reason I give a shit about them anymore.

You ever wonder why we're here?

Attached: Whyarewehere.png (1906x1058, 1.24M)

What ever happened to machinimas? Everything is just Let's Plays now.

It's not profitable. They need that 9 year old audience to pay attention while they shill whatever brand will throw change their way

Everything that happened after hiring Jack was the downfall. Most of you probably don't even remember the original team having fun making goofy videos.

>everyone still hates Jack
At least it's something.

But things were fine in 2013/2014 with Jack so idk

well you made a thread about them so i dont think so

I remember switching off videos everytime Geoff and his awful carny mustache appeared

>hating on based Geoff

I always hated Jack but still found them tolerable until after Ray left
Also Michael is a huge cunt

Were Gavin and Ray the only two prominent hires that meshed well with the original crew?

I miss Drunk tank.

i really liked their podcasts. what happened? did burnie burnstein holocaust the company?

Attached: roosterbros.jpg (597x448, 62K)

They got old and theres only so many times you can hear them talk about conventions, flights, food, or teslas

Advertisers didn't like the alcohol part, so it got rebranded and promptly lost all the charm.

What an utter pleb, Geoff and Gavin were the 2 best parts of AH

AH Tier List

Ray>Geoff>Gavin>Ryan>Michael>Jack>literally whoever else joined after because I stopped watching once Ray left

The early GTA V LPs and heists were absolute gold. Also those fucking minigolf videos absolutely killed me too.

Wish I cared about Let's plays anymore

I never understood the appeal. Was it just because halo kiddies were starved for content?

They did pretty good getting so far with a simple web show, too bad they got bought gutted and sterilized the fuck out to the point where nobody follows them anymore.

>bend the knee to advertisers

I never got this. YouTube for example is so big that they should have power over allowing advertisers to use their platform yet for some reason they end up doing whatever the ad companies want. YouTube could easily tell one company to fuck off and make an example of it to the rest.

>raises subscription fees
>lets employees threaten random YouTubers with doxxing and IRL harrassment

Yeah fuck Rooster Teeth.

Do they still make rwby or the project is dead?

doo dleet Doo-doo dleet doo-Doo dleet Doo-doo dleet doo-doo DOO DOO... doo DOO DOO...

what?

They recently put through a massive price increase for their subscription fees, despite recently removing subscription-only content, and people aren't happy about it

The other part is just autistic Vicfags reeing over twitter, best paid no mind

>Massive

Like a dollar a month

Their core audience grew up and noticed how shit they were. They were only good in the early days when it was a small team and they didn't try so hard.

The yearly rate jumped up by $25 to $60, which is insanely not worth it, and they're also cutting off grandfathered rates from longtime supporters, which is a complete slap in the face considering they've always promised to uphold those rates for loyal fans

I hope it's dead. Only reason the show was popular at all was because the main creator died.

Roosterteeth is still a thing?
Last I heard of them was making that god awful movie.

When my boy vic gonna sue RT?

Well Youtube is even more fucked than most ad companies are. They're under Google now, so I imagine they don't like a lot of content Roosterteeth (and other "gaming" channels) put up.

rwby got popular while monty was still alive though.

Guess who has the money to keep the lights on? yes, its the advertisers.

Why is Michael a cunt? I remember liking him.

fat wife

hes the "rage quit" guy so he has to be the angry one every video
just like ryan has to be "crazy man" and gavin has to be "complete fucking buffoon"

The voice actor of ozpin from rwby posted the personal info of a youtuber because said youtuber doesn't think vic mignogna is a rapist and makes videos about it.

michael's mellowed out considerably since now he has two kids

Yeah but there's plenty of advertisers out there. There's no reason whatsoever to care about what a few of them want when you can just as easily replace them with other advertisers.

RT have become the RWBY guys.

Doesn’t matter if they still plan on doing it, the show is functionally dead. Nobody cares anymore.

>forces you to work 80 hrs a week to animate his shitty fake anime for no pay
pshhh...nothin personnel goy

Attached: burnieburns.jpg (400x400, 24K)

The fact that they increased the price at all while providing less incentive to do it is downright insulting. You would have to be a complete cuck to still support RT.

Attached: Moments before disaster.png (1258x1358, 1.77M)

That isn't actually a photo of him, right?

>Achievement Hunter? No sorry I only watch Funhaus.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

>Funhaus? No sorry I only watch Cr1tikal

Attached: cr1tikal.gif (268x350, 1.97M)

>all these years and people still hate Jack

Attached: 1510421169019.jpg (427x425, 53K)

Drunk tank days were comfy.

dude is the worst

When I finally checked out RvB I was so fucking underwhelmed. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with it but i really didn't find it funny at all

Attached: 1560216260257.jpg (635x890, 74K)

His streams are fun

>Tfw Funhaus is owned by those imbeciles
How long before they shoa Funhaus as well ?

while that's true, keep in mind that Youtube's main target isn't you or me, its the kids and super young people that don't do anything all day but to watch videos and their commercials. Coincidentally, the biggest companies that can give the most money to youtube are the "family friendly" all soft, no edge ones, which means that youtube has to bend the knee to them otherwise their biggest whales leave and if they leave, the other advertisers will get nervous and might also leave, until at the end the only advertisers that would be willing to post their ads on youtube would be the ones that appear on the red boards.

I just watch their minecraft vids.
Is there no one with the drive to get to the furthest planets of Galacticraft?

>Cr1tikal

Attached: leg day.png (436x892, 419K)

Cr1tikal is like the embodiment of the ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Attached: 1559734800340.png (477x463, 418K)

They are doing really well with funhaus and inside gaming and they are also separated by several states. They are fine, and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me that adam and the bois become the official face of RT LA.

>that time they shills for fallout 4

wtf

Attached: fuck.jpg (1320x660, 102K)

Attached: 1438720325826.jpg (1024x768, 149K)

The only thing I ever watch on RT anymore is death battle, and even then it feels like the production quality has gone down the drain

Attached: 1564470008863.gif (404x347, 1003K)

>wouldn't surprise me that adam and the bois become the official face of RT LA.
Only a matter of time now, then RT will neuter them as well because "muh advertisers.

The Official Podcast is meh, all because they decide to keep that one German prick. It is too annoying to listen to.
Best episode was with Psychicpebbles

ahahahahahaha

RT is different from YT because their main source of income is the First members and their merchandise. This allows them to actually choose and pick the advertisers they want.

I miss James
And Trevor
And Joe
And Aron
Now that I think about it, I think the only original guy left is Aleks

Yes and thank god

Cow Chop was never good. Literally never.

There's still bret

>The MC slowly drifts to sleep lying in agony as everything around him burns

Attached: 98345089123.png (1562x1250, 2.43M)

God I want to fuck Elyse so fucking bad. I would fuck her tight asshole from sundown to sunup.

Attached: 1564092738567.png (427x473, 438K)

Better than literally any other channel under RT's wing

idk man Funhaus still has it, even though they're sucking me in less than usual. Never got the appeal of Cow Chop, even with James and Aleks leading the show.

Cowchop was never part of RT. they only had a mech deal, but only that.

Kaya is the soul of the Official Podcast

>they only had a mech deal
how does /m/ manage to spread their influence so far?

Attached: 1561318360256.jpg (480x433, 18K)

well there is funhaus. aside from bruce leaving in a while i dont see how that would GREATLY affect the rest of funhaus.
i gave cowchop and the tree channel a chance but i really didnt like them, and i gave them both around 6 months of a chance but didnt see either of them as being too different from pewdipie nor markiplier so didnt watch too many of their videos. i used to like rvb (though not the stuff after the AI plot stuff), and i never really did like the constant trope-ness of rwby. so honestly funhaus was the only connection i have had to cockbite in the last 5ish years.

Sugarpine already died. I think it died the moment funhaus stole/kidnapped autumm.

it's from a short where they all had overdone makeup

Yeah what a fucking mistake Sugar Pine was. I never got the appeal. Maybe some of the vids with Funhaus personalities, but that's it.

Sugarpine Season 1 was some pure youtube kino. But theres no way they could keep up that level of quality/production and it caught up with them fast.

it died when they had to get that shitty office with no restroom long before autumn was corrupted by bruce's cock

>well there is funhaus. aside from bruce leaving in a while i dont see how that would GREATLY affect the rest of funhaus.
He's taking a vacation for a month the funhaus guys always do that

>funhaus introduces a new female cast member
>introduces her slowly so she feels natural
>shes also hot as fuck

>ah introduces a new female cast member
>justs throws her into every single video, making them all unwatchable
>doesn't even attempt to teach her how to play any games
>her contribution to every video is just obnoxious yelling and repeating other peoples jokes
>shes also an ugly poo

Attached: alana.jpg (900x900, 79K)

The nature of the humor changed and you are right in that it was quite time relevant, especially Blood Gulch Chronicle.
Freelancer saga aged like milk.

what a fucking megachad

Attached: bg.jpg (224x224, 8K)

>their merchandise
don't they charge like $30+ for some shitty t-shirts?

>Only people still watching are RT drones
>Casual fans forgot the shows existence
>Hardcore fans hate the show due to "le Monty's vision"
>Nips only like vol 3
>All the people who dropped it because of kickvic
Is there a more JUST show right now?

and yet people still buy them

is Alana the hot one or the ugly one? lmao

And sometimes you dont even get it and have to make a huge stink on reddit and get 10000 upvotes before a staff member even responds.

yes and its part of their main sources of income.
yes.

Honestly I couldn't even get through the first season

Webcomics killed the Machinima
Abridged series killed the webcomic
LPs killed the abridged series
Twitch killed the LP

>trips of truth

triplus correctus

Old RvB is a product of its time. You gotta remember that was considered the gold standard of machinima back then.

They recently did videos of just Aleks, Jakob and Alec and they're like the content from when Cow Chop started, it'd be a shame if they don't have Aleks as a guest on OFFCANNY sometimes.

Will we ever loop back to machinimas being the face of YouTube video games? Let's Plays are 'the thing' but they're just so fucking low effort.
I like Source Filmmaker shit, and that stuff's popular, but it's not the same.

You can literally mark the decline from the moment that the Drunk Tank became the RT podcast.

Bruce isn’t leaving. They made a similar joke about James when they where still with machinima, saying he was a unpaid intern after not appearing in videos for a few weeks

Blood Gulch is bit of a slog now. Especially with a garbage audio.
The Chorus Trilogy is basically what RvB is in entirety. I wouldn't call it the best part by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly encapsulates what RvB is in its entirety

maybe? through some sort of corporate bukkake, RT own machinima(not so sure if that includes the name), so its a possibility. The problem is that it has to bring profits, or people.

The Drunk Tank/YouTube machinimas bubble of internet culture was so comfy but it was very contest dependant. The content was great then but it was very much not timeless.

Good machinima these days takes a whole fuckton of time and effort and usually doesn't get many views. LPs like you said take basically no effort and as long as you have a somewhat charming personality you can be successful.
You can make 20 LPs in the time it would take to make a single decent machinima. Its just not practical if you want to make YT your job.

I hate template threads so fucking much.

The thing that made me never really even give them a chance was the embarrassing emphasis on achievements. Even 5-10 years ago no one gave a shit about achievements but I still saw these dudes going "HEEY I GOT A CHEEVO GAMER SCORE UP" and I got second hand embarrassment.

Burnie and Gus murdered Monty.

Actually watched again for the first time in forever when Ray dropped by for their terrible podcast. It was actually really fun.
Then I closed the channel and never watched another video.

Sorry user, but they're the only surefire way to get (You)'s

Along with his whore wife. That gofundme is still open by the way.

I don't reall get this one, everyone says he's really funny, but to me, it just seems like wet and moist jokes and stuff about nipples constantly, it's usually not even about the game he's playing, very easily formula to follow I imagine.

youtu.be/KSe_ERAknY0?t=163
>it's real

It was pretty funny at some point. Not the most complex humor but not everything needs to be. He used to have principles of not monetizing his videos and not showing his face also. I think nowadays he has a patreon and a facecam always.

I hate almost all youtubers but that's probably because I'm getting old.

The only use of my time I have ever really regretted is time spent watching let's plays/video game commentary content on youtube. It's just pathetic and I'm too embarrassed to even use any of that information in conversations. Like if I watch a series or a movie there's at least something there, YouTube shit just makes me feel like I've wasted life. Yea Forums comes pretty close as well but at least this place is actually decent for maintaining some knowledge of current topics and humor even if 99% of it is shitposting.

Yea Forums has made me a much "wittier" type of person, able to bounce jokes off of stuff happening around me, in a way that an improv class would prepare you, I imagine. Youtube Let's Plays were just dumb mindless fun I watched as a kid, or if I wanted to "play" a game, but not really.
I usually like the super autistic, min max autism where you learn every single thing about a game rather than the mindless joke guy, but they are both arguably huge wastes of time

They should have quit RvB after the 13th Season. That was unironically a fantastic ending that they just so happened to bumble their way into writing by the seat of their pants.

Growing up with it wouldn't change shit desu. The show had promise for being their shaky start into the animation stuff with RWBY but later on you realize just how shit it truly is and fucking awful just about everything with it is and how much of the actual good shit they forgone.

Attached: Enough Bullshit.gif (600x450, 1.04M)

You can be in denial all of you want but Halo reach Horse was the greatest series they have ever done

Attached: E39EE5E9-1798-4EC7-A21B-CDBEC56E0980.jpg (480x360, 33K)