Fire emblem

great game

Attached: 1564611374793.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFXzvt0q-Qg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>strategy rpg
>I will zoom on the apples there, fuck playing, Yea Forums BTFO

What is the point in moving to a 3D environment iff you are not going to take full advantage of it?

The V A S T difference between character models and everything shows a clear failure to communicate between background modelers and character modelers.

>being surprised when they fuck up their classic IPs
Have the past 20 years taught you nothing

>What is the point in moving to a 3D environment if you are not going to fully model every apple?

it's lazy design to use flat textures like that

even some depth maps would have been better

>not waiting to emulate it on Yuzu/CEMU

Reminder playing switch games on PC is the definitive version

Wait a minute... that fruit!

Attached: froot.png (1920x1080, 3.14M)

Attached: froot.jpg (550x551, 31K)

You can count the polygons on every piece of fruit not in a container.

>I'm being obtuse on purpose haha gotcha PRAISE NINTENDO

Not being obtuse when the focus of the argument was quite literally just the fact that the apples look bad.

Here is a model of a fruit from Half-Life 2, released in 2004 on the PC and Original Xbox.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

Why is there such a disconnect between games at Nintendo. It doesn't even seem like a budget problem, just a skill difference between studios. This game looks worse than pokemon.

It could be worse, it could be Pokemon

Attached: BCFA9CB4-5A69-4F51-9A07-0A29EB476199.jpg (1322x1096, 85K)

you mean KT? retard

It's not even just the fruit. The mesh on the basket is practically 2007, there's no ambient occlusion on any of the objects in the scene, and every texture either looks like a blurry low res mes or like they've slapped a sharpness filter over it and called it a day.
There's more effort put into the calendar to the top left than there is in anything else within the image.

The Nvidia Shield TV has the same processor and can do way more. What's Nintendo's excuse?

OH GOD THE APPLES!
Everyone knows that's what we play these games for, the fucking APPLES

No but seriously, the free-roam part of the game has some serious slowdown and graphical downgrades, and it's annoying as fuck. It is genuinely bad in that regard.

they probably didnt have time to make proper assets

otherwise the switch would have no games for the rest of the year

Graphics don't matter.

Case in point: [your favorite game] has worse graphics than AAA games today.

Attached: 1555360066091.png (2020x727, 759K)

>There's more effort put into the calendar to the top left than there is in anything else within the image.

It's called resource management. What is the player going to spend more time with, and thus, what are the devs going to get the most value out of developing?
The main fucking conceit of the game?
Or some random background objects?

Ngl it's one of the few titles I'd consider buying a switch for. Still wont and will just wait on a emulator though.

Why is it so ugly, and why is the framerate so shitty despite being so ugly?

I don't understand.

How many games has Nintendo made this year that they put effort into? Yoshi was rushed, Animal Crossing got delayed. It's just FE, Pokemon, and Link's Awakening. Didn't this game already get delayed anyway?

Apparently nobody thought to allocate resources to making the game run smoothly while they were busy making sure it looked bad.

nintendo has been rushing their games ever since the 90s my man

No shit genius, graphics get better over time and old shit looks worse by comparison. Doesn't excuse being a lazy faggot. and a good art style will always hold up, wind waker still looks better then bore of the wild

Yes, its like graphics don't matter in the end when you're a fun game.

Attached: 1564610597571.jpg (2048x1536, 791K)

It's always so fun and entertaining to hear every new nintentard excuse on the book

Is it like a google image jpg copypasted into a solid structure? It looks so much like paper lmao

The game already drops frames enough as it is in the school area, why add even more stress to it

I'm just gonna leave this here...
youtube.com/watch?v=OFXzvt0q-Qg

i feel like switch owners are happy to use the new pokemon as a punching bag cause then they can pretend that stuff like this and the countless other garbage textures on the other nintendo IPs are somehow good

Bought it yesterday and loving it. I have only finished the first (?) mock battle, but i can tell this is going to be pretty good already, definitely better than DS/3DS games.

Loving the new mechanics.

Attached: giphy (12).gif (500x281, 768K)

Way to miss the point entirely. Not that I expect anything more from apologists.

guess when your console has no games you find fun where you can

It unironically looks great. Have you fat asses ate, hell, SEEN an apple before?

graphics don't matter if the game is fun
but then, if you aren't a cumbrain interested in shitty and blatant fanservice, the game is hardly any fun

Attached: 47931.jpg (222x270, 34K)

THIS! People play Pokemon for the best Pokemon. Who cares if some shitters are left out or if the backgrounds look like ?

Give it up guys. If you are born a failed faggot it's your fate to suck corporate cock. It gives them a sense of inclusion, kinda like how the LGBT feel when defending each other of every bad deed. They are incels, failed neets, mentally ill homos. Nintendo is their shelter and you're only wasting your time trying to reason with them. Nintendo game is good and fun (I swear), end of story

This is absolutely the case. Every FE thread pointing out how it looks like shit has at least a few suspect posts going "b-but look at Pokemon!"

Yeah, we know it looks like shit, already talked about it. Now it's time to laugh at brainlet systems' absolute failure.

It is a great game, but you'll never catch me defending the abysmal visuals.

It's clear they're using the same engine for the schoolyard that they're using for the battle parts, and it's not really working, even though it really should, because you can zoom the battlefield ALL THE WAY in, and get several dozen high-poly characters onscreen at the same time with minimal slowdown.
My guess is they decided to stream the data for the school into memory, as opposed to the battlefield maps which all load entirely, and that's where most of the slowdown is.
It's honestly not even really THAT bad. A patch or two adjusting the occlusion culling and resolution scaling should sort it out. Why it's so bad *now* is anyone's guess, but rushing the game out the door was definitely a factor.

When will Nintendo stop forcing every single of their series to go 3D? Can't they just leave some IPs 2D and make it beautiful, instead of making it ugly 3D with no gameplay benefit whatsoever?
I feel like the Wario games did early enough to not fall into this horrible new Nintendo policy..

Attached: 156461564.gif (500x480, 350K)

then you aren't a true nintenfurry. you are banned from our discord group aswell as from taking part in future gay orgies and pozz games ate video game cons :)

>My guess is they decided to stream the data for the school into memory, as opposed to the battlefield maps which all load entirely
I'm pretty sure you'd be right. Certain areas are hidden loading screens, like the cathedral. If you run up to the gate from the bridge it stays shut for a good 5-10 seconds while it loads but the game gives you no indication that this is happening, nobody tells you to wait for them to open the gate or anything.

I wish Nintendo would stick with 2D for at least the next 3 or 5 generations until their consoles can finally rival the ps3 in rig capacity. Everyone would be happy with that, I'm 100% sure

Attached: 1561743231151.jpg (850x497, 147K)

>the excuse I use for my brand are bad when other games use it lol WE WON 100 MILLIONS SHIPPED OMG
yikes

The Wii U had specs similar to the PS3 already. Brainlet Systems are just bad and lazy developers.

Yuzu port when?

dont switch games have to be playable on the silly handheld portion?

It's an extremely ugly game, both on a stylistic and technical level.

But it's also boring. It's basically a bit more advanced Trails of Cold Steel. Run around and talk to uninteresting characters... Wow, such great game design.

>1fps

Its a turnbased strategy game, who gives a fuck about the framerate in emulation?

Same could be said about any game really.

dude, but there's waifus! omg so cuuuute did you hear what generic thing the devs, I mean, SHE just said to me? I want to hab sex with this drawing 0_0

DELET

Attached: 1449450532566.png (633x900, 140K)

The art style is fucking dogshit.
The dude that decided they should use thin outlines combined with low resolution and no anti alising, should be fired.

no. and please do not respond.

oh god how am i supposed to enjoy this rich tactical SRPG with 200+ hours worth of content when the fruit looks like that

>people arguing AGAINST fine detail and polish and games running smoothly on modern hardware

Even a purist "only the gameplay matters bro" series like Mario doesn't half-ass the visuals.

Attached: 1519416685043.png (234x184, 46K)

Better visuals would be nice, but FE has also never had good visuals. Us FE fags just really do not care.

Attached: fe.png (562x416, 577K)

Is it true that the Switch gets super fucking hot playing this game? IS seems like the kind of company that would suck balls at optimization.

The people who currently anticipate new FE games don't give a fuck about gameplay. They just want to sex all the girls and/or boys.

>nincel delusion

I’d argue most JRPG fans don’t. Tales, Dragon Quest, etc. have been phoning it in when it comes to graphics for a while now.

Not true at all.

Call me boomer if you want but I actually kinda prefer unimportant assets to look like they are unimportant and one way to do that is make them less detailed. Also helps running the game on under powered machines

Man how the fuck are you still at rank C in month 10? Are you just shit at all games?

love the sympathy 3d fruit

What the fuck that actually looks glitched

game looks like a Wii U game, but whatever its fun.
I play Nintendoshit for the gameplay, not for how it looks. I mean I still play N64, PS2 and old-ass PC RTS games. Bad Graphics never bothered me

There is a giant blue symbol on the lower right that is very obviously a loading sign when doors are opening.

Someone tried the nsp on emulator the moment it leaked and reported they were getting literally 1fps.

oh no no no not the fruit bros

>haha I only played like 30 minutes but OMG BEST GAEMU EVAH!!1!!!
not to mention that retarded moe garbage. Consider suicide.

Attached: 1528913607341.jpg (482x760, 70K)

>blatant fanservice
Where
You can't even S rank until the credits. It's the very last thing that happens and lasts a whole 3 minutes or so.

Probably didn't do much of the professor level things. Understandable given that faculty training doesn't give you anything.

I am C+ in the month where you have to save the little girl.
And I finally realised that I'm using only black magic with Dorothea, despite the fact that she has Iron Sword equipped lol.

>game looks like an MS-DOS game
ftfy

>Literally making shit up
Jesus Christ, no wonder Sonyfags dab on you

I think DQ11 looks pretty decent though, and the new Tales looks gorgeous.

you ok bud? Your brain seems like its mal-functioning

Attached: 1454532567730.png (1639x1920, 292K)

>giphy(12).gif

Attached: yikes.png (530x530, 360K)

You are right, Wario stayed 2d. And also died. Great plan!

every line of dialogue in this game is meant to have the fat ass video gamer playing on the edge of his seat stroking the cheese on his hard pencil dick
or cringing at every moment if you're a normal person

>characters are toon-shaded in an anime style
>environments are noisy and desaturated photographic textures
I don't understand how somebody made this, quality tested it, and shipped it without realizing that they were making a mistake. It's like someone turning up to work with their dick hanging out of their pants. There's no way they didn't notice.

Ah yes I certainly did jerk off to that time when Dimitri asks you and his peers to tear your enemies limb from limb and bring him their skulls

Attached: 1519590744590.jpg (1242x1148, 150K)

Yes it looks crusty as hell because of the retarded engine, but at least it's fun

>menwhile in XCOM 2
>battlefield has tons of interesting details even though most of the players don't even notice it.
>You can zoom your base and saw every single unit you have, doing some random stuff on Avenger
I love how Nintendo drone try to defend their shitty waifu simulator so much.

Attached: Hoy.jpg (590x334, 40K)

worst wario. Looks like wayward did the game. Fucking garbage. Literally ruined all games besides shantae though i didn't play all.

But can you fuck

Dont think too much about it. The 3DS/DS games were just that bad.

>that retarded moe garbage

Literally nothing wrong with moe and anime tiddies. Fire Emblem girls are a staple of the franchise.

>yikes

yikes

Attached: 1550091153204.png (127x128, 2K)

Is that a DOS pc game?

The conspiracy theory says
Nintendo pay neets to shitpost here

And shilling their products

What's even the point of creating a 3d environment with a hub if they're going to make it look worse than fucking Might and Magic VI?

NOOOOOO THIS IS THE NEXT TORTANIC

yeah it's a great game

Attached: 1478445436548.jpg (401x300, 25K)

Ferdinand is pretty great honestly, Hubert is a little bitch.

It's on a Switch. What do you expect?

You should see a life coach on how to live with autism

>having standards is autistic bro just eat shit like me :)

X-Com killed Geoff

>i'm just going to deny i have autism instead of getting it treated

which sega 32x game is this?

Why would I want to make a character a Mercenary when Thief seems better in every way?

fire emblem doesn't look any better, though.
pokemon has become the scapegoat for switch fanboys to deflect to whenever anyone brings up how primitive all the other overpriced games on the switch are.

Attached: 1556300755380.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

nu-XCOM's ant farm gets a lot of shit but I really like it visually.

Attached: albert activates his supercombo.gif (498x372, 518K)

yeah, at this point nintendo either needs to go back to 2d sprites or stop being too cheap to invest in real modern hardware. their games are suffering from how terrible the switch's hardware is.

You can really tell Koei Tecmo worked on it.

Attached: funky KREEOW.png (188x210, 60K)

not true. tales of arise is a massive step forward for the series graphically, and dqxi is about as good as toriyama's art style is ever going to look in 3d.

Yet FE Warriors somehow looks better and runs at a stable 60 FPS while rendering hundreds of units on screen and loads of flashy effects.

Attached: Fire-Emblem-Warriors_FatesDLC_07.jpg (1000x563, 259K)

Different stat growths, I assume Merc boosts strength, defense, and Hp more while Thief boosts more speed, dex, and res.

grandpa is pretty based

Attached: 1546892952448.png (1036x1036, 786K)

They're asking about 25% less of your average full price release for a project that looks like it was rushed out the door within a year.
If having standards and not wasting money on desperate efforts to make bank is autism, I'll happily go get myself certified. Rather be a certified autist than a shit eating corporate drone like you.

the manlets are learning

Attached: 1538635050598.png (1280x720, 1.24M)

I kinda like how they wrote the mc's blankness into the story. He's so autistic people can't help but like him

>add waifus
>still nobody plays

is this the power of srpgs

So how BIG are edgelord's tits?

is there any character in this game who doesn't have a dead relative?

No, because their ancestors had to die at SOME point.

Game worth getting or is it really just a worse Persona game with CRPG mechanics?

So I did the edelgard route for my first one and am curious about some things. For one does dimitri get with annette in that story as he mentions that his bloodline will carry on before the battle with him and then when you kill the old guard in the final battle he says he was tasked with guarding the bloodline then annette leaves her post and charges. Is she more important than I thought or did dimitri do the deed before dying like a bitch

Can we emulate this game already?

Attached: 1478999113564.png (576x699, 194K)

Is there anyone you know or have ever known not to have a dead relative?

Attached: 1419127395170.png (400x400, 141K)

The power of the switch

Heads up, best girl coming through.

Attached: Shamir_Portrait.png (985x985, 533K)

She's the best looking girl. But she's got the personality of a cardboard box

Why does it look like a late PS2 game? Surely the Switch is more capable than this.

Jesus Christ how mentally disabled to you have to be to cope with this

Attached: 35e.png (492x463, 442K)

Do flying units get any access to magic? I wanna make Falcon Knights but I need to know if they can use Reason magic.

>this post had a 90% hit chance
and yet it missed

If I have another house's student on loan and they die are they gone for good?

DILF hunter Byleth will never die

Attached: 1564695806928.jpg (1331x695, 243K)

>do Catherine/Ashe paralogue to defend Rhea
>pegasus bitches can still fly in and see you in deep fog and double your units with their high as fuck spd and atk
What the fuck, I thought IS learned to fix fog of war?

Unlike most weapons, Magic is limited to specific classes. The only mounted classes that can use Magic are Dark Knights and Holy Knights.

That's shitty but OK. I guess I'll just teach everyone to ride a horse instead.

No, they retreat or whatever it is

Torches, only have your tanks furthest from the group, it's not that bad

Vantage is better than Steal

I just got to a part in chapter 6 where it's telling me I'll lose the rest of the month if I continue, should I just wait until the end of the month before doing it?

Attached: 1412614895486.jpg (291x332, 30K)

Wait til the end of the month. It happens automatically. You don't even need to go to Jeritza's room yourself

how do I pay off my student loans

>student loans
you fell for the biggest long con in the entire history of humanity. Short answer is if you owe over 10k you'll be paying for the next 10 years. if you owe over 25k, you're literally fucked for life.
hope you bought bitcoin, f.am

Attached: 1532172223468.jpg (602x709, 48K)

>He isn't a noble

LOL

Didn't you post this yesterday?

depends on what country you're in, if it's the US you're pretty fucked

If it's not a spoiler, why do you lose the month? Does Byleth fall off the fence and pass out for a few weeks?

You don't.

There is literally zero explanation.

it looks like the beans from CSS

There's no actual explanation and it doesn't really make sense in-game either since you and your class are perfectly fine afterwards. I'm guessing they just couldn't be assed to make different dialogue for everyone in the monastery after you do the mission and then have even more different dialogue the month after

What exactly do you keep when you go into NG+? I can't imagine levels carrying over because you'll likely have a completely different set of students to train, and without levels carrying over it would be weird to have items as well.

3D FE games have always been horseshit when it came to graphics. I'm really not surprised about this one also looking like crap.

Legitimately enjoying the game. But it doesn't look good. From the character models (Dmitri's tunic lmao), to random things around the environment (like the fruitstand), to the weird backgrounds of the cutscenes.

Great fucking game, would've been amazing if it looked better. Could've gone with P5's model style, the new DQ models, shit anything but they they did.

Only leftover renown and saint statue levels. You can then use your renown to buy professor levels, supports, skills, etc.

Do I keep my professor level? I noticed that it seemed to lag behind everything else, by the end of the game my combat skills were mostly A+ and S ranks but my professor level was still at B+ despite me being very active round the monastery.

>and the countless other garbage textures on the other nintendo IPs are somehow good
Tell me more about other games then
I'm shocked that it turned out that KT were the ones mainly working on this. You'd at least get it looking behind and bad if it was IS considering prior games.

Professor level is reset as well. It'd be somewhat OP to have so many exploration points and battle points available early on.

I love this one, the two 3D fruits randomly there like "it will blend well, no ones gonna notice"

with the amount of renown i had at the start of NG+ I could immediately purchase A+ professor level

hopefully to shut you the fuck up but it clearly didn't work.

>it's called resource management

But seriously, it's called a ported over 3DS game that looks like a 3DS game.

I love the battle music

I thought this is a high budget series? What the fuck happened?

Attached: 1561348556556.jpg (1440x810, 125K)

probably unironically went into all the voice lines, given how extensive they are

the game is great though, best FE in ages
get fucked sony

The problem is that Switch games are made with the Docked mode in mind, and hardly ever take into consideration the limitations of Handheld mode. So we get these terribly tuned games that try to mimic console quality when it's a fucking handheld first and foremost.

It doesn't make sense though, if you argue the Switch can't handle intense graphics then what the fucking is Astral Chain smoking?

They probably took the Switch's limitations into consideration during devlopment instead of trying to overcompensate.

This is especially apparent with tiny text size. Octopath and lots of other games have the same issue. Xenoblade 2 got it right.

Attached: D-3Q6KGWsAAJLDi.jpg (1536x2048, 412K)

>do Petra's/Bernadetta's paralogue
>suddenly, the church appears
>Catherine has a 50% hit rate and can quadruple my Byleth
>have to slay every unit on the fucking map
>they just fucking gank my healers and mages

>unironically caring about grafix
God damn console wars have destroyed this place.
all that matters is the gameplay.
SAGE