Bloodstained:Ritual of the night

Ok, so this just happened, thoughts?
kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2581564

Attached: 1563565749948.jpg (619x1000, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodstained.forums.net/thread/4396
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thinkign bout miriams feet

thinkign bout miriams hips

cumbrain thraed

based iga

Are we being raided?

I actually made the thread because the team just posted an update and I wanted to know what people think about it

I think I'm gonna wait for a price drop

Attached: Pepe dab.png (554x400, 66K)

Hmmm?

Cool

>wasting time with the shitch port
let this die already

so now we have to wait for all the shitty console ports to get fixed before content patches can be worked on?
multiplats were a mistake

so how long until someone mods /ourgirl/ into the game?

Attached: EAL0LExXUAATI6X.png (524x900, 484K)

I just want to play the fucking game, why is the switch patch taking so long to come out?

I'm legit surprised Japan is going to wait 2 months to play it even though the game comes with a japanese dub.
But they just said fixes for the switch are coming and some balance changes, I thought they were going to talk about co-op or the roguelite mode.

Attached: e2784e0f0534a90ccc7b37e3d8ad9ff5.jpg (500x750, 181K)

Melee weapons are too weak in this game and magic is OP.

There isn't much to say, really. It's just more of the same. "Please wait while we coddle the Switchfags' pathetic underpowered handheld and ruin the DLC development pipeline for all other SKUs in the process. Also don't be mad at us about making that DLC survey when we're still lightyears away from finishing the stretch goals, we're just figuring out a roadmap of what you guys even want." It's just the same shit with Nintentards fucking things up because something something comfy underpowered handheld shitbrick.

Shanoa first.

I want mods for some alternative waifus like 2B and random shit like Iroha from Samurai Spirits.

Attached: iroha.jpg (799x1227, 81K)

As expected, the nerfs were minimal and don't really change anything.
Lol to all those bitches here who got upset about it happening.

I'm a little bummed out about some nerfs like the one to Riga Storama, but I know in my heart that I only fell in love with that spell because it was stupidly good for room-clearing. At least it'll feel like less bullshit to use now, maybe. Also I laugh at the normie losers who were complaining about the Welcome Company change on the forums. Learn to play the game, you fucking chodes, you 'rub my shield against everything in the universe' easymode brainless tards. Experiment with other spells and use some melee attacks from time to time.

What did they change exactly?

Welcome company was definitely hit the hardest.

Why the fuck are they bothering to "balance" a single-player game anyway? If the changes are so minimal, and it isn't like an MMO or anything, why bother?

Probably referring to the changes PC players got a week or three ago that are hitting PS4 soon:

>Familiar Changes:

>Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
>Increased strength based on level
>Dullhammerhead has been nerfed

>Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power):

>Riga Stroaema
> OLD ATK 28
> NEW ATK 24

>Craftwork
> OLD ATK 15
> NEW ATK 10

>Change Bunny
> OLD ATK 30
> NEW ATK 25

>Flame Cannon
> OLD ATK 18
> NEW ATK 16

>Straight Arrow
> OLD ATK 18
> NEW ATK 16

>Chase Arrow
> OLD ATK 16
> NEW ATK 14

>Heretical Grinder
> OLD ATK 19
> NEW ATK 15

>Circle Ripper
> OLD ATK 36
> NEW ATK 32

>Shooting Dagger
> OLD ATK 24
> NEW ATK 20

>Riga Dohin
> OLD ATK 40
> NEW ATK 35

>Welcome Company
> OLD ATK 18
> Spawns 5

> NEW ATK 12
> Spawns 3

>Directed Shield
> OLD MP 30/sec
> NEW MP 50/sec

>Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power):

>Flying Edge
> OLD ATK 18
> NEW ATK 16

>Rhava Bural
> OLD ATK 14
> NEW ATK 12

>Rhava Velar
> OLD ATK 16
> NEW ATK 14

>Weapon Techniques (Increased Power):

>Surprise Gift
>Force Blast
>Lasting Wound
>Flashing Air Kick
>Crimson Storm
>Sansetsuzan

Attached: 1563422068530.png (763x766, 234K)

Craftwork?

The big grabby hand. If you upgrade the ability it becomes an attack that hurts enemies if the hand touches them while trying to grab something. It effectively becomes an alternative summon punch type attack, akin to Hard Knuckle and that one where a werewolf sticks itself out of a summoning portal to claw a bitch (not the sister spell where the werewolf crosses its arms to defend Miriam as her shield.)

Yeah, I remember the shard, I'm just confused about why it needed to be toned down.

I'm surprised they're doing this too, but I guess I shouldn't be, considering Yea Forums always mocks the notion of devs balance patching singleplayer RPG's and stuff, acting like that never happens. Surprise, Yea Forums is wrong about everything always, and it's funny watching people sperg out about this. Shit like Welcome Company and Flying Edge are just plain too strong for how boringly safe they are to use, and should have their power dropped as such to compensate for their defensive capabilities (mobile shield vs. a glorified projectile with infinite ammo except not a gun, and 'bringing a knife to a gunfight' exists as a phrase because range is the king of safety.)

Your pic was also very strong, very little MP consumption and almost until the end it was stronger than any weapon.

I kind of am too, since no one ever brings it up on here or the official forums. The offensive side of Craftwork is pretty uncommonly used by the playerbase as far as I can tell, so I'm surprised this was even on the dev team's radar compared to more blatently overpowered spells like Teps Oceus autoaim elemental/ ghost genocide zap.

>Fixed shards that had memory leaks
Oh. This very well might be why some people had such insane number of crashes compared to others.

If only it could do hatchet kicks and flashing air kicks. It's lame as fuck that Bunnymorph Miriam can't use her own techniques, even if it is a form change. You designed a form change 80% around the Kicking Shoes moveset, but you don't allow it to use Kicking Shoes techniques? Really, nigga? Fuck you, Iga.

Attached: 1520542930428.jpg (720x533, 26K)

These don't seem that bad, also, as long as dog Shield is not nerfed, I am fine

Hey let's get out of line, Iga doesn't deserves a fuck you

Attached: 1564689206268m.jpg (681x1024, 54K)

Also, Valefar can't go over 9999 HP after stealing your money, so it's no longer a penalty to be carrying a fat wallet

*let's not get out of line
I should proof read stuff before posting at this hour

>sweats as I spam Craftwork to kill many bosses quickly

It's just playtesting type tweaks they didn't have time to make before release.
The final 2 zones have 0 unique enemies and are entirely reskinned/resized rooms from elsewhere in the game, they had to rush pretty hard to get it released already much later than they originally wanted to.

Attached: 1564692098898.jpg (3988x3772, 3.38M)

So is the PS4 just never getting the Iga DLC or what? They said it was gonna be out like a week after the game launched and it's been like a month.

I think his max is 12000 or something, I could be wrong

early on, yes. later you will find weapons to be much stronger with the right setup. the bowgun thing is even more retarded

>PC players got a week or three ago
No it hasn't even hit PC yet.

Then make him change it so I can use the fun Kicking Shoes techniques with Bunny Miriam. That weapon type is really enjoyable to me, but all the actual boots (only excluding Bunny Form itself in this) suck on damage and don't feel worth it, even if I love hatchet kick hopping all over the castle like I'm Mario on acid between sequence breaking and shit in early NG+ with air kicks.

>He needs attention again

I hope a bunch of niggers beat you to death at EVO.

It's 9999, he just said it.

I don't think the team should blow their load this early, they still want to make a sequel, maybe they could add the new that work for bunny girl in that game

I could swear it was 12000, when i fought him with the blue glasses on

Tomorrow, I believe.

>the switch crybabies in comments
delicious

It's been several weeks, is anybody who bought the game at release still even playing it?

You didn't mess with any good or fun weapons early then. I used Sculptor's Chisel, Flying Edge Rhava Bural, and random greatswords pretty frequently in my first playthrough. Sculptor's Chisel is just plain fun to me, I love petrifying enemies for big one-hit kill when I know that enemy type normally takes 3+ hits if I don't get a proc. It made farming and junk way more enjoyable. When I needed range for safety I would swap to Flying Edge, and if I had a good use for the Rhava's spamminess I'd swap to that, like when I needed to farm some Walnut or something like that to upgrade Summon Chair, so I would run back and forth through one room in the Towers that have three poltergeist paintings, just spamming the attack button to destroy them while moving as they would become attackable.

His regular health is 3,000
His max health after stealing your money was 99,999 before the patch
Now after the patch that max will be 9,999
So not sure what you're smoking.

No, the game was short and underwhelming. Only speedrunning retards are still plaing it at this point

Like your dick

Ah, i did not see when he mentioned the "after the patch part" sorry

I know I am, I am also waiting for Zangetsu mode to drop

Now if they can just do something about the tanking framerate on consoles when Valefar brings out the chips, I'll be satisfied. It wasn't bad before 1.02, so why is it horrible now?

>"OMG! Why are they working on new DLC when they haven’t even fixed the Switch or the other stretch goals. FAIL!"
Uhhhh....

so does the circle button straight up do nothing?

Is that an actual speed strat or is that how you like to style on bosses?

miriam please transform into bunnymorphosis mode and kick me in the balls (barefoot)

Don't let the CBT wizard get you though

They were referinng to the people talking about them making the costume survey a few weeks back

just how I fight.
Craftwork has an extremly large hitbox, almost no mp cost and deals alright damage

>Balance Update #1
>bloodstained.forums.net/thread/4396
Online patches were a mistake.

Attached: 1562879029998.png (894x914, 253K)

It barely did anything, welcome company got somewhat nerfed, but the rest are fine

>#1

Are you implying they are going to nerf them to the ground? They will just Nerf or buff other things, and judging by these changes, they won't be big nerfs

They have no idea what they're doing.
There's a major skew in the game's systems that you cannot right by simply adjusting some numbers, you need to redo a lot.
Basically, melee weapons flat-out suck when compared to magic for majority of the game. There's many factors involved, obvious things like how you don't need to get close to attack with magic, or how you can cast at any angle.
Or like how it's way harder to boost STR than INT. Every fucking dress in the game comes with INT bonus, meanwhile there's like 3 chest pieces total with dedicated STR boost. Same with headgear and accessories. Same with food, for most STR-boosting food you need secret chinatown sauce.
Damage output for weapons stays shit for a long while. This is really apparent on fresh Nightmare start, holy fuck the first half of the game is tedious.

so hows nightmare mode anyway? i did hard mode and alfred made me want to knock my computer over

About the same as hard mode but you die in less hits.

Any reason why Japan has to wait so long for the game? It's really odd

Yes, don't worry about it they will tire eventually

>he doesnt want to see our girl get pounded silly by all the buff fighting game players

wow theres some top tier butthurt in those comments. im glad i didnt buy this for the shitch.

Attached: smug jug.jpg (417x424, 74K)

After slooging through Circle of the Moon and Order of Eclesia
i bless the rains over bloodstained

505 games fucked up

Dumb.

>being a balancefag

>zangetsu still isnt out
thanks for nothing fag

awwww poorfag angery

Be patient

nintendo is the most important so it makes sense

Attached: 240_F_277554252_i9EYf7A7ARNFRHgy0B8h82QjU9ID8tBh.jpg (360x240, 14K)

Seeing how the most sales were on switch, this is actually correct

My PC cost about $2,200.
>Nvidia 1080ti
>Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake
Try again, retard. Go ahead. Justify making the rest of us wait months for planned stretch goal DLC all because of your underpowered $300 handheld toy.

Attached: 1436748126315.jpg (720x480, 32K)

They didnt change shurike or 8 bit fireball? they're both incredibly broken

>balance updates for a singleplayer game
>balance changes didn't fix shit that is actually wrong like:
What was the point?

Attached: 1540102533399.png (528x448, 111K)

Attached: D_zBEDmW4AESF4A.jpg (2349x1697, 255K)

this is why Nintendo should still make fucking dedicated handhelds AND home consoles

the switch is novel in concept, but if you think about it for more than two seconds and look at their finished design for the hybrid console, you realize it's riddled with problems, such as it being too large to be truly portable for anyone short of women with large purses or backpackers.

Before someone jumps in to say that school children have backpacks, yes, they do, but back when I was in elementary and middle school and Pokemon Red and Blue were still cool shit, teachers were already raiding our backpacks for tech to confiscate. Unless we had a good hiding place in our bags big enough to house something like a Gameboy Color, or a GBA:SP later on, then it would be found. I used to take mine out first thing in the morning while the teacher was getting ready for the morning bell to ring and signal the schoolday's official start, then ram it deep into the back of those school desks that have that big trough-style compartment underneath for school supplies. I'd hide it behind spiral notebooks, binders, inside of pencil boxes (wrapped in tissue paper to protect it from lead and from easy identification upon sight), and so on. I'd take it back out around lunch or recess, stash it in my tiny kid pocket on my way back to my desk after finishing up, hide it in my desk again before the teacher noticed what any of us were doing, and then at the end of the day I'd stash it back in my bag and take it home, keeping it from being found by any night staff or whatever, but also just plain to play more at home.

None of that is possible with the Switch. It's a bad handheld, and the Switch Lite will barely address the issue at all. It's too big for most kids to hide at school. As a home console, it's an underpowered piece of shit proprietary CPU stapled to problems: low-ppi screen, wobbly rails, stick-drift. It should've just been a handheld with a different home console.

Attached: 1489315132439.jpg (257x210, 23K)

>The outfit survey gives us an idea of what the community would want from cosmetic DLC...in the future. (Yes, we are aware that some people don’t want any DLC). No work has begun on this and isn’t even on our production calendar yet.
Starting to regret not putting this game off until later.

samefagging just because I realized I never really got to my true point

if Ninty had just made two consoles again like NG4 + Gameboy, Gamecube + GBA, Wii + DS, Wii U + 3DS, then Bloodstained would have been designed for the Nintendo home console, not the 3DS' successor handheld console. Then the Nintendo fans could have Bloodstained on their console brand of choice or whatever because it has Zelda and bing bing wahoo on it too, and Iga and crew wouldn't be trying to put out engine fires left and right just to keep the port running. You know, kind of like the nightmare we've actually got going on with the Switch port's development now.

Attached: 1457761422270.png (800x600, 460K)

>those comments on the nerf patch
Are nintenycucks really like this?
who lives there life like this?
it has to be ironic

Why is it that the steam and gog version would be 1.04 when the current one says 1.05 for me?

Isn't this that disgusting tranny?

No, it's just the shitty backers, they try to twist everything in their favor just to shit on Iga and his crew, I bet some of those bastards don't even have the switch version, they just want to complain about the game, it's what they've been doing nonstop for like 2 years now

Attached: Greatest high.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Indeed

based

Attached: D5oz31bXkAAMFtg.png (793x663, 430K)

Most of the players have the Switch version user

Attached: 1466700408090.png (449x416, 245K)

I like this image

>"Axes are good, Medusa Heads are bad. Always check the walls for meat, and never be without your whip. Got all that?"

I do too. It's a cute one.

Attached: 1529562179950.png (1280x1647, 1.06M)

>Sword?
>No, whip.
>Sword!
>No.
>Sword sword sword!
>Ah, we'll get it next time.

I'd have bought both if they made two separate ones, yeah, though I probably would've still bought Bloodstained for PS4 Pro or PC, depending on the day.

Attached: 1141441.png (2112x2022, 388K)

I like the cute art we got out of these threads, wish we could go back to how they used to be

Attached: 1562339050988.png (800x1574, 438K)

I miss it too. Hopefully updates or a good sequel will be able to channel at least some of that again. I guess time will tell.

Attached: 1562702958852.png (422x308, 7K)

Have a nice day user, see you again when the next big patch drops

Attached: Ganbate beamu.png (285x356, 25K)

Honestly what they need to do is hard nerf drinks (Maybe have them give .5/sec instead of 1/sec) and up MP costs of the overpowered shards instead of nerfing damage.

The way it is now, you essentially have unlimited mp once you're half way through the game.

When I was playing a fresh nightmare file, I the game felt a lot more balanced, when Fire Pillar ate up 1/3 of my pool.