How's that physical switch collection going?

How's that physical switch collection going?

Attached: IMG_20190802_045024.jpg (3970x2415, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/videos/458984320
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not great. Only have 5 physical games (Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mega Man 11, Kirby Star Allies, Super Bomberman R), plus a few digital. Not playing a bunch of Switch lately, have been playing GBA and DS games.

Watcha been playing on GBA and DS?

I had to buy FE Three Houses digitally because every store within 50 miles of me was sold out of it. Seriously wtf when did FE become so popular in the west.

>buying anything digital ever, on a nintendo platform, despite how much you want to play it in the first place

Attached: 1564617743331.png (467x458, 431K)

I don't see a problem with it as of right now especially since I will homebrew my switch at somepoint in the future.

those spines are bland :(
all spines this gen are pretty lame
ps2
now that had
some good
spines

I buy all first and second party games physically, but I've got tonnes of shit digitally. It's convenient. I don't always wanna bring a bunch of shit with me when I go to my mates house. Or if I'm on my couch, don't necessarily always wanna get up to switch games.

>started digital
>then went physical
>digital makes more sense, but physical is cheaper
>now stuck with an ungodly mix of the two
>also somehow lost the box for my smash bros
>haven't even touched the damn thing in months

Attached: 66-667450_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-407-watamote-just-kill-me-now.jpg (820x453, 89K)

>Australia
G'day mate!

I'm the same. I have 23 games physically and 18 digitally.
For me it just depends. Games I'm excited for/love I'll get physically, everything else digitally. I'll get astral chain physically but probably get Yoshi and Kirby digitally at some point.

Have some 54 physical games, with at least 8 more coming through the mail.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate these Limited Run-type copanies.

G'day cunt.

They're in random order.

Attached: 2019-08-01 21.41.32.jpg (4000x2250, 1.38M)

It can't be helped if the game is digital only or costs an absurd amount for the physical version like literally every Limited Run game ever.

I really hate how sonic wants to be a special snowflake and use a different spine instead of the usual font.

What's the point of even buying the limited run physicals? Are any of these indie games really worth the extra cost? Not to say any of them are shit or whatever, but outside of buying one or two you really love, why? Just for the sake of collecting?

>if the game is digital only

I just don't play it.

>I really hate how sonic wants to be a special snowflake and use a different spine instead of the usual font.
Yeah, especially weird since no other Sega game does it.

pretty recent, all I got since was Fire Emblem.

Attached: IMG_20190624_174802.jpg (1328x747, 629K)

>What's the point of even buying the limited run physicals?
1) Intrinsic value. Buying digital is literally throwing money away. Physical is tangible, cannot disappear forever when the servers shut down and therefore has value. And before you hit me with that patch shit, majority of Limited Run-style storefronts ship out finalized versions of whatever games they sell.
2. I'm a physicuck. I will always buy physical unless the game ONLY exists digital, and in that case, I will wait until there's a sale before buying it.
3. I only buy physical limited copies of games I like instead of literally every pile of shit Limited Run and their ilk churns out because the alternative is being at the mercy of scalpers. Case in point: R-Type Dimensions was $34 on pre-order and now triple that on eBay.
4. Yes they're worth the extra cost because again, they actually have intrinsic value, and are almost worth $20 to 4x their initial price on secondary market. Hell I've even bought extra copies in the past just to pay off the cost of my own personal copy.

tl;dr: Because the alternative is getting fucked over royally.

>physical
xenoblade chronicles 2
super mario odyssey

>digital
okami
fire emblem: three houses
moero chronicle hyper

I don't even own a Switch lol

what's the specific term for the writings on the side of the case?

Not a fan of physical media on a portable device. I have 4 physical games and I plan to keep it that way. Plus swapping out cartridges is really annoying for the switch thanks to that awful cover.

>writings on the side of the case?

Logo on the Spine

I'm mostly digital

Attached: 20190716_220051.jpg (2971x1857, 3.42M)

thx

twitch.tv/videos/458984320

Pretty good not gonna lie
Prefer simple cozy games

Attached: 20190720_105450.jpg (4032x2268, 3.04M)

I have all 3 switch games

Not advancing by much. I'm just going digital since it's convenient. Limited editions of series I care about is all I'm going for on this system.

Attached: IMG_20190801_132525987.jpg (3840x1920, 1.7M)

how is neptunia rpg? shovelware for kusoge fans of the series or something that has enough merit that an outsider could enjoy?

>buying non exclusives on the Switch just because of muh portable
Look at this fuckin pleb.

some games are just *pauses, smirks, whispers* ...perfect for the Switch.

My only gripe is the world character animations
Like dashing looks super off and not the best physics for platforming

When you want to play a different game:

Digital chads:
>home screen, select the game, play

Physical Betas:
>get up
>go to where physical collection is
>find gamebox you're currently playing
>open it, take game out of system, put game in box, return box to collection
>find gamebox of what you want to play now
>open it, take game out, put game in system, put box back
>go back to where you were sitting

Literally why?? It's current year and people insist on still doing this.

>bad thing chad
>good thing virgin

Looks like the entire library of switch games.

Attached: 1553387993951.png (633x874, 56K)

Slow, steady, and now outdated.
Add Super Neptuina RPG, Kotodama, Peach Ball, God Eater 3, Umihara Kawase Fresh!, Bloodstained and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Attached: Switch Physical Collection 6:19.jpg (3232x2804, 3.62M)

Still more than Bloodborne.

Ehhh, It’s okay I guess

Attached: B0FFC6E3-8FE2-4DAF-A629-B9F83E72A640.jpg (1536x2792, 897K)

>That Troll case
Any respect goes out the window.

Jesus, you even play a 1/4 of those?
What the fuck? I didn't think the entire Switch library was maybe bigger than maybe 2 of those rows. You just own everything on it?

Attached: 65e.jpg (445x503, 31K)

The switch doesn't even have this many games.

I recently played through Bomberman Tournament, and have been playing Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island and Densetsu no Stafy 2 lately. Been busy with summer classes and work to play much.

Some of these are good, some of these are way cheaper on other platforms so you wasted your money on them

Despite my intention of being digital only this generation I've just finished filling a 24 cartridge case and have another on the way. Stupid import sites selling new release games for $40

I agree

There’s about 600 now, I own just over 500

Not in the US it doesn’t, but this is Japan and Europe too

Elaborate on the Troll game. I looked it up. Its shit. Why did you get the case rated like a rare pokemon card? It hard to get?
Also, whats with the missing hundred? Hard to get shit or you're just broke at this point?
I'm impressed as I am disgusted and frightened by your collection.

Attached: Ethan (You).gif (480x270, 3.85M)

>all that garbage
Why do people try to collect each and every game ever released? Few games ever appreciate in value. You will literally NEVER play them all. And it ends up being a massive waste of space and money, especially if it's an incomplete collection.

At the very least CURATE dammit, and only buy games you'll actually play.

Attached: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!.png (908x727, 591K)

Pretty decent. Just today I preordered Astral Chain - Collector's Edition.

Attached: 1531667095368.gif (500x447, 1.14M)

But user, I do play them all.

It's growing, I do get some digital releases that are on sale and I don't mind not having them in physical form like Saints Row the Third, South Park and even FIFA 19

Attached: IMG_0841.jpg (3011x3497, 1.91M)

Only 4 games. The rest (cca 50) are digital.

Pretty good.

Going to pickup eventually:
-Puyo Puyo Tetris
-Daemon X Machina
-Astral Chain
-Spyro trilogy (if all 3 games are on cart, if not then that will be digital)
-Crash N. Sane trilogy
-FF10&10-2 remaster (Japan version because both games on cart)

What I have digitally:
-Virtua Racing
-Thunder Force 4
-Devil Engine
-Tetris 99

Attached: 776E1F55-9E3A-488D-937D-3D1C85FC28F6.jpg (2016x1512, 1.55M)

All 3 have been confirmed to be on the cart by an user scouring the web weeks ago.

Nothing special about the game except it’s a meme. And I don’t have the last 100 because I’m not paying retail for all this, that’s crazy

Prett good. I'm up to 12 physical + a few digital. Unrelated, but why is L.A. Noire such an awful game?

Well he’s dumb and wrong, One is on cart, the other two are download

Attached: 92F44F68-0132-4421-ACF2-98ED24EEFA41.jpg (456x738, 132K)

I got Let's Go on a sale yesterday

Attached: switchports.jpg (3998x2591, 2.13M)

I got Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors,, MK8D, Nights of Azure 2, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2, Smash Bros, and Taiko.
Gonna nab Gal Metal, Ultimate Alliance, Astral Chain, DxM, Dead Cells, and Hollow Knight in the immediate future. FF XII, Kill la Kill, and Bloodstained in the less immediate future.
Not into imports or limited run stuff, but other than that I've got everything physical that I can.
As an aside: I like how the PAL Bayo 2 box says "Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2" on the spine.
What do you think of Devil Engine, been eyeing that since it came out.

yeah Devil Engine is good, nice visuals, music, and interesting bosses, I recommend it.

It’s ok. Not sure if I want to pick up Fire Emblem. LRG just announced Timespinner too, that’s tempting

Attached: 87718CB9-4176-4E46-937B-C366657BA75A.jpg (2050x1536, 830K)

Good to hear, that's all I want in a shmup. Still not played much of Ikaruga, so I'll have to play some more of that first.
Pretty good user.

why can't the games just be on one cart like the crash trilogy was? are spyro games really space-heavy?

Attached: 1558621421636.jpg (255x223, 14K)

Thinking about getting lost sphere as well

Hate to say but timespinner is not a very good game

Attached: 20190801_180337.png (1790x1090, 2.65M)

Pretty good. Alphabetize your games please you’re triggering my autism

Attached: 9691B61C-7F2D-4EED-9A43-1E6D0DCB1B2E.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

Should probably mention that I have Smash and a couple other games digitally