Spooky Daggerfall Thread

How about we have a Daggerfall thread? We definitely never have Daggerfall threads, so let's have a Daggerfall thread.

dfworkshop.net

Attached: AAAAAHHHHH FUCKFUCKFUCK.jpg (3360x2100, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaIOaE7Mg9Y
web.archive.org/web/20190801204849/https://kotaku.com/the-biggest-elder-scrolls-game-has-been-remade-in-unity-1836860585
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1689
tesguides.com/tes2/misc/tricks.htm
tesguides.com/tes2/
youtube.com/watch?v=TjUVv7sYZWM&list=LL8CPt1vzwcnJDlEYiISL_GQ&index=2&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZOuv9sTcY
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2374
dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap/
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=856
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2293
youtu.be/DWmKlE1fR58?t=16m7s
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure thing
youtube.com/watch?v=qaIOaE7Mg9Y

whens that nigger going to put classic HUD in?

How long did it take for the codex to get tired of shilling Grimoire?

Ha, that was a fun few days. I guess the difference between this and sapeposting is that this game is actually out and lots of people are enjoying it. Grimoire threads died down pretty quickly after release because nobody actually wanted to play the thing.

Classic HUD a shit

>Classic HUD a shit
I can understand why zoomers wouldn't like it but as long as it's optional who cares?

Genuine question, why do you want it? Seems to me one of the only positive trends in games over the last decade or two is less HUD. Most of it is unnecessary most of the time.

What's a good way to find better armor?

is this the new like opengl version or whatever its supposed to be that actually work on modern pcs?

I'm downloading right now. Any tips?

Swimming and languages

Then you mod it in fag

Quest NPCs are pretty buggy.
I frequently run into issues of quest NPCs not existing.

Attached: 1378854823357.jpg (495x636, 42K)

Click the link in the OP, nerd. It's a complete remake in Unity.

There's plenty in Privateer's Hold, you can get a full set of plate armour I think

Don't be afraid to reroll your character a few times until you get something that's feasible or fun.

Kill

>Make Mage
>Takes a couple zaps to kill most things in Privateer's, but I have a weapon to pick up the slack
>Have to rest constantly to get my mana back since it doesn't regen and I've got no way to restore it
>If I run out of zaps mid fight I usually have to run away

>Make a Paladin
>missing like fucking crazy and can't zap things to make them die quicker
>receive mace
>able to fight more than one or two things between rests
>receive warhammer
>level up to 2
>bopping fucking everything like it's going out of style
>clearing swathes of a dungeon before I need to rest
>can heal myself so it takes even longer before I need to sleep
>gives me plenty of time to do quests since I'm not wasting days of time regenerating mana
How far in until mages can cast enough spells with a full mana bar or can reliably supply mana potions to themselves to keep up?

>bopping fucking everything like it's going out of style
>clearing swathes of a dungeon before I need to rest
Just wait til you come up against anything with paralysis, won't be laughing then chucklehead

Literally after first dungeon you doofus. Join mages guild and make spells. And if you dont play with 3x magicka modifier dont talk to me

Did Clint ever even write the manual?

>lmao, some screams what so scary about it
>Skeleton appears

Attached: 913.jpg (737x556, 109K)

I bet you use premade classes

>I bet you use premade classes
yeah why?

According to his posts on the le rebbit, never. he doesn't like classic hud.

No idea man, I was just there for the sapeposting same as everyone else

They are all garbage l and offer you no freedom, why would anyone do that instead of making their own class

play Morrowind

Attached: 1564112385484.jpg (736x778, 116K)

This is the best mod second only to Silt Strider travel for Morrowind.

Attached: 347456234.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

>Just wait til you come up against anything with paralysis, won't be laughing then chucklehead
Like what?
I've played old games like this before and paralysis immunity seemed like something I'd have killed for in FF1.
I've got no idea how long it'll be until it pays off, but I haven't seen any scorpions or anything yet.

>Join mages guild and make spells.
Is that starter zap spell just overpriced compared to spells you can make or something?

It's not that great. Movement is slow and cliff racers ruin the game.

What version do you have? I'm downloading 10.3, wich released today. How broken is the port (not the game itself)?

Its expensive yes and a touch spell to boot. Get spell absorb talent and fireball aoe spell and enjoy infinite mana if you hit yourself while hitting the enemy ofcourse

Take the ebony dagger during character creation.

Alteration will allow you to levitate or open any lock, making lockpicking / climbing / jumping / stealth useless.

Do not take any "language" skills, lets say you take "Impish" as a skill, you'll need to find imps that aren't in combat, sneak up on them, enter dialog mode, and then start having a conversation about "Where is the Fighters Guild?" to be able to level up.

>Movement is slow
Gee if only there were tons of ways to fix that

A couple days ago I had an issue where I got involved with a quest that radically changed how NPCs around the world would interact with me (until I completed it), but the first NPC I needed to find didn't exist. I found the building he was supposed to be in and the NPCs inside confirmed the game thought he was there, but he hadn't spawned. Broke my game.

Boots of blinding speed are basically mandatory yes. Shit design desu. I'd rather I dont have to kill 50 cliff racers travelling a short distance to a new dungeon though. Also npcs blocking you indoors is epic. Alright game but goddamn this board fellates it too much.

After the first dungeon, once you can join the mages guild.

Start with "absorb magic" strength, teach yourself any area of effect spell (adjust the power and range high enough to use all of your spellpoints in one cast)

Cast area of effect spell anywhere near yourself, everything near you dies from the area of effect damage, since you're in the area of effect "absorb magic" triggers, giving you however many spellpoints the spell you are absorbing cost to cast. (eg. all of your spellpoints)

Experiences so far from an RPG bab whos first RPG was just Morrowind:

>Start out a caster, casters are cool
>I only have MP for one spell and it doesnt regenerate?
>Cant sleep, enemies everywhere
>Takes literally 50+ hits to kill an enemy and I can barely fight one
>Theres some demigod skeleton lord in this starting dungeon
>Realize my only salvation is to kite them into fighting each other and scrounge the loot
>Works for awhile, realize I might never escape this hell
>Make a new melee character, opt to spawn outside tutorial dungeon
>Is this literally the biggest game ever made?
>Centaur spots me, follows me across the planet, cant sleep
>City guards dont give a fuck that im being attacked in a town? Die

Weird start, but im not a quitter.

>Remember him saying the game would NEVER go on sale and would always be $30
>check steam
>current non-sale price is $9.99
Kek

I've been considering getting it, have you run into any bugs or issues? Seems way better than the original system.

If you have immunity you'll be fine, scorpions are basically a significant possibility in any quest or dungeon after PH.

Trying to make another mage since I moved the DFU folder somewhere I liked more and it deleted him.
How does this look?

Attached: monopoly.png (1920x1080, 286K)

Haha, I'd love to see the community update for that bombshell

That's Daggerfall for you

Give yourself the special advantages to have 3X int in MP and the absorb magic advantage.

Give yourself something like "no axes" or "no tower shields" as weaknesses, or both as weaknesses.

Nah, works fine so far. Immersive as fuck and makes you actually plan your travels so you could stay at inns in different towns you visit as your stamina drains when you travel. You can always just speed up to x100 if you want semi-fast travel

>make short blade dodge meme
>start with ebony dagger
>fuck up everything in the first dungeon
>go to another dungeon and fuck up the werewolves and scorpions as level 2
>only die when i'm unlucky and dodge doesn't proc enough or i fail to save a paralysis

Whats this modifier? Is it cheating or just a perk you select at creation?

>absorb magic advantage
Is there no other good way to regain MP?

Might as well just quit if you had trouble with the tutorial dungeon

>demigod skeleton lord in this starting dungeon
kek, did you even tried shooting it until it dies?

it's a character creation perk

resting works too

If you make a paralysis cure spell that costs 1 mana and just spam that with the recast button whenever paralyzed it should almost always cure the paralysis.

I didnt make a custom class which is apparently what everyone says to do to make it as a mage. Even zapping the skeleton and bear enemies a dozen times across multiple fights didnt seem to stop it.

>Have to turn on cheat codes to win

We need to get more modders into this. Daggerfall is bursting at the seams with potential, there's a very good and unique game trying to claw its way out

These are options in the character creation, it's no more cheating than choosing Redguard as your race when you want to play a thief.

>Not playing a pure fighting class
>Not getting lost horribly and slowly making your way out of dungeons using your wit

Literally my first playthrough of Daggerfall.

How do you get into Daggerfall? Every time I start it up, it just feels aimless and I end up dying in a random dungeon until I give up.

Go join a guild

Its neat until you realize the gimmick is that 99.9% of its all procedurally generated nothingness between key locations.

Are werewolves supposed to be impossible to hit. I'm level 2 and the fighter's guild have given me a quest to kill one and every single time I get 2 or 3 shot. I don't wanna back out now it took me like an hour in this dungeon to find him but my shit keeps getting kicked in

They're immune to normal weapons

Are there magic items or artifacts that regen magicka?

I'm using an Elven mace I found. I actually have hit him like 2 or 3 times but that's out of like the 5 attempts I've done where I've tried to whack him probably like 100 times total

I'm a level 2 warrior with a katana and can bring down a werewolf in two shots.

>take quest looking for mummy wrappings
>rummage through dungeon for a bit, hearing no skellies
>been exploring for almost half an hour now, used up a bunch of torches, and still haven't found mummy wrappings
>turn some random corner to look for new areas
>get smacked by something
>RUUUUUUAAARRGH
this fucking game

So I just gave it a try, really like it. Like you said makes you plan out your journeys much better, but also gives a really good sense of scale of the landscape and connects up all the different settlements. The random encounters are also a nice touch. Plus sitting back and watch your guy trudge through dark snowy forest for 8 hours is max comfy.

This doesnt seem right. It doesnt look like the game/version people are talking about but looks like normal old Daggerfall. Im running it through Unity just like the instructions said.

Attached: dfu.png (1920x1080, 869K)

it doesn't come with graphics mods. you gotta toss them in yourself

>what is reading
>what are mods

M O D S

Attached: 24563456234.png (1920x1080, 3.81M)

Any additional advantage/disadvantage mods?

Attached: 1550610169121.png (1336x1060, 1.05M)

Okay where are all the cool mods at? Just help me out once.

Try silver weapons

Not him but I like seeing my character's face and I got used to it when I first played Daggerfall so it's not the same without it.

The fucking OP, you degenerate retard

But all the portraits are super uggers

Attached: tenor.gif (300x268, 617K)

I get stuck on tons of things with this mod. Try leaving a dungeon that has steps in front of the exit entrance. Whoops, at least you can fast travel out of it. Not so great when you get stuck on the door when you enter a building.

WARNING FOR NEW PLAYERS

Do not take a premade class. Always custom. The premades are all bad.
If you want to use magic, take the X3 magic perk.

Post your toons.

Attached: 236345623423.png (574x992, 324K)

>It’s easy to forget that Skyrim, with its massive popularity and numerous ports, wasn’t the first Elder Scrolls game
nice journalism k*taku

Elven weapons should be good enough to hit werewolves.

Attached: Daggerfall materials list.jpg (1136x394, 76K)

>tfw thought the quote was satrie
I fucking hate Poe's law.

>display damage number
>weapon really does half as much
What did Todd mean by this?

They could at least make it so your armor is shown instead of just the head. Besides, I'm sure there's already someone making a portrait pack.

looks like you're right, I was thinking elven was under silver

I hope so, I hate going into my inventory and having to look at my ugly ass nord face

They wrote an article about DFU?
Can anyone post the archive link? I need a good laugh

Ok but I don't have anything cool yet

Attached: haukdankmoon.jpg (788x1315, 272K)

Just google that exact phrase

Todd was just a code monkey for this game, Julian Lefay was the leader at BethSoft during this time.

Attached: ded.webm (640x480, 1.54M)

Wonder how difficult it would be to mod Conjuration back into the game

>toon

Attached: hitler looks dismissively.jpg (481x593, 154K)

Is this game even worth playing? It seems to have aged like shit

>make a spell that does 50+ damage in an aoe
>spam it endlessly thanks to spell absorption destroying any enemy
you guys aren't wimpy melee users are you?

Attached: badass.png (661x994, 143K)

Attached: where da high rock women at.jpg (592x988, 152K)

Hol up bro so you're telling me there's older skyrim games?

Attached: 1562963060380.png (392x489, 346K)

Large numbers are more exciting for a user to look at, in practice there isn't any difference between a swing that does 3 damage hitting a monster with 6 health and a swing that does 6 damage hitting a monster with 12 health, but people like "big numbers"

Also this game was before our lord and savior Todd.

>giving clicks to kotaku
I'll bite this time, but here's the archive link so you don't have to
web.archive.org/web/20190801204849/https://kotaku.com/the-biggest-elder-scrolls-game-has-been-remade-in-unity-1836860585

Is this the best game in the Elder Scrolls series? And why is the answer yes?

>it's easy to forget that a game with 5 in the title isn't the first one
there's no brainlet wojak good enough for this

Played through the game about 4 or 5 years ago. Is it worth going back to with the updates?

Attached: dagger2.jpg (640x480, 144K)

BEHOOOOOLLLD THE WIZAAAAAARRRRRD

For people playing for the first time or people used to newer games, check out the manual.

Its the best Elder Scrolls if you like alot of roleplaying varieties the most

If you enjoyed it, yeah. It's the exact same game but with modern controls and native high res support.

Is there a list of active spell effects somewhere? Just put on some magic pants and have no idea what they do

Sucks if you give them away tho desu. I gave them to the museum on one of my old playthroughs

so it's still as buggy as ever, huh?

Attached: daggererror.png (640x480, 80K)

So is this stable enough that I will experience tons of bugs?
I never played regular daggerfall, so I wouldn't even know what is a bug.

It's slightly less buggy than vanilla DF at this point, with the aim to make it not buggy at all by 1.0.

>Make a mage
>Keep getting fucking bodied getting through the first dungeon
>Finally get to the city
>Join Mages Guild
>Purchase Fireball, Lightning and Heal
>Get sent to fight a goddamned Mummy
>Spend two days fighting through the dungeon resting
>Finally reach the Mummy
>Melee weapon can't harm him
>End up using all of my magic on him running the fuck away and then resting for 8 hours and repeating
>I do like this six times before I finally kill the fucker
>Get rewarded 188 gold for all my trouble

The rewards may be fucked but the game is genuinely great.

Attached: mannimarco becomes too old for this shit.png (639x480, 84K)

What race has the best stealth archer

Attached: Alf! No!.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Some quests you get might be borderline unbeatable. Use common sense and reloads

I never really got into TES, mainly because my autism is telling me to play them in order and fully complete them, even though apparently there are infinite quests and shit. I should give this a proper go though.

Arena is definitely skippable IMO.

It's stable enough that the bugs will be about the same as playing the original release, there's a couple mods to fix them.

Not really that viable tbqh. Youll eventually be pretty stealthy anyway since stealth gets automatically trained all the time since the game constantly does stealth checks to see if you get noticed.

Honestly, what's the appeal in the game?
The story is absolute dogshit and the combat aged like milk.

Is it nostalgia?

I do. I started with Morrowind and own Daggerfall, but it just seemed so dated as far as the engine and controls went so I couldn't be assed to sink any time in it.

Wait crouching isn't actually stealth mode?

How easy would it be to import Skyrim's models into Daggerfall Unity?

any of them, archery and stealth both are not viable in this game.

DFU is a great place to start.

stealth is a separate button than crouching

>that faggot commenting PROCEDURALLY GENERATED BAD, OLD GAME BAD
I wanna break his legs

I thought so at first but doesnt really seem like it. I think there is a difference betweeb walking and running though, and if they have their back turned. Dont take my word for it though.

There is no stealth mode, crouching is crouching, basically think of a roll for "are you stealthed" happening every second or two, but you don't have a way to know if you are succeeding or failing the rolls.

Eventually your stealth level will raise by itself from being near anything that's alive and wants you to not be.

Go directly to the mage's guild and buy a teleportation spell.

I have a question about the mage's guild. Often they'll have quests that send you out looking for a particular magical ingredient like say a basilisk's eye. Can you just turn in any basilisk's eye or does it have to be the specific one from the dungeon? I'm asking because I noticed in graveyard crypts, there are often tons of magical ingredients just lying around, and you can just keep going in and out and collecting more.

Attached: wayrest.jpg (2560x1440, 744K)

>It's the exact same game but with modern controls and native high res support.
No it's not. It's a remake of the original DF (which you can remap anyway). It's a lot different and it even says so on the roadmap of Daggerfall Unity that they will never be able to match the original game. As a comparision, OpenMW is actually a proper port of Morrowind into a much better engine and with all the bugs fixed and features added from MGE.

>worst build becomes best build as the series goes on
Thats what happenz when you hire Thief devs to fix one of your gameplay archetypes, but don't do the same for warriors and wizards

>tfw started a short blades stealthy dodgy backstab gal
>tfw backstab actually works
What the fuck? I think when I played the original dudes never turned their backs to me. Or am I remembering it wrong?

Werewolves aren't pushovers in Daggerfall, you'll probably have to fail the quest and wait till you're a higher level.

>It's a lot different
If the quests and world are the same then thats enough for me

They may not be pushovers but neither am I. I'm gonna keep reloading this fight until I die irl

Has to be the dungeon one.

that and they were just trying to force as many pen and paper features / abilities into the game as possible, whether they worked usefully or not.

do I still have to wave the cursor around like a sperg in order to attack?

No, it's the specific one in the dungeon. You'll know because when you pick it up the icon has a green background.

Rejoice

Attached: file.png (985x127, 106K)

Alright then, I won't bother farming this shit. I thought I could get one over them.

might actually have to give this a shot

It is bad. Its lazy. The game world is 99% just giant open wastelands with some randomly scattered trees with no purpose.

What purpose do deliberately scattered trees serve?

The point is the game should have been way smaller. Much less nothing-ness between destinations. Fewer, more unique locations. Theres no need for 1500 TOWNS.

>all these widescreen 1080p+ screenshots ITT

Please stop playing Daggerfall incorrectly. Use a 4:3 resolution, disable the HD fonts and use a 320x200/640x400 rendering resolution, otherwise known as "Retro Mode".

Thank you. You may now continue to play Daggerfall.

Attached: 1553766040209.jpg (479x592, 55K)

What do I need to do in char creation to effectively cast magic? That "3x bonus per"? Per what? Intelligence? What's most effective?

Does armor hamper spellcasting?

fuck off, boomer

been there, done that

no way, fag

There's no reason to not take advantage of widescreen tbqhwy.

Rest is correct tho

I would if I still had my CRT monitor plugged up but since I don't there isn't a reason to use retro mode.

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1689
Smaller Dungeons.

Attached: 1555813818635.jpg (333x279, 14K)

classic renderer and using old fonts is enough
>there are people in this thread using filtered textures or hideous upscaled sprite pakcks

Attached: sky2.png (1920x1080, 407K)

INT. 3xINT = your spellpoints

i use dosbox. am i going too far?

>with some randomly scattered trees with no purpose.

I'd really hate to destroy your immersion in other games, but are you aware that this is how tripple A games do it in their non-randomized world? Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Rainbow Six Widlands, GTA5, PUBG etc. They don't place individual trees or green stuff. It's all procedually generated and placed into the world. It's only at the end that the artist does a pass and remove or change individual trees if they don't fit, but otherwise any sort of clutter like this is always randomly generated.

>visible panic trying to get through the door

Attached: nauryan.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

nice

To be honest it feels kinda jarring not using retro rendering. It makes textures in the distance look too clean and replaces the "20 year old game" aesthetic with a "shitty indie game" aesthetic imo

Attached: soul0.png (1919x1080, 842K)

Im not asking each individual tree to be lovingly placed and have lore. Im asking for there to not be literally 10 miles of nothing between locations.

SHOW ME WHERE THE HD TEXTURES MOD IS

>Elder Scrolls Five isn't the first one?
What

How do the whores and DB dancing naked ladies look in the HD mod?

Attached: daggerfall starting dungeon.webm (640x400, 2.88M)

Can I abuse magic to the point that I could travel overworld without fast travel?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (960x720, 57K)

that's because a lot of the textures arent the original ones either

dosbox isn't good enough emulation imho, it causes a lot of glitches or bugs and then you also get a bunch of problems due to the cycle speed. use win97se on vmware if you really want the best experience

>all those complaints by people who got stuck in the tutorial dungeon for hours

Attached: 1552951130470.jpg (512x512, 39K)

How prevalent are diseases?
Mostly asking so I know if being an autist and giving my argonian disease resist is a good idea or not.

>use win97se on vmware
vmware workstation pro or what?

They look naked, pierced tits, they look more like whores.

>textures arent the original ones
yeah they are. in that screenshot it's original textures. when they're far away enough they look upscaled

maybe, I'm not exactly sure what maximum flight speed looks like in Daggerfall. It's a pretty big map so it might still take an incredibly long time.

Attached: flying.jpg (2560x1440, 980K)

for further context, this is the vanilla textures on the different rendering modes

Attached: dfu_retro.png (1920x1080, 526K)

I contracted the plague during the tutorial dungeon and couldn't even travel to the next location the tutorial told me to. So i had to find the nearest town with a temple to get healed... but I was too poor to afford treatment. So I had to become a member of the cult because there's a discount.

During the next hour or so, I went into another dungeon... and contracted the plage again. Had a potion that time though.

I am now learning magic to be able to heal myself but I fear my char is too bad at it and I should just start over. I still don't want to give myself immunity. Just better spell casting abilities.

For me it seems like you need to stock up on potions or learn the cure disease spell ASAP or face the consequences.

>Go to my first town and enter a random store
>The seller claims I stole him some gem and a prompt claims you know it's a false acussation
>He leaves the store and some guard enters and kills me.
I don't know what to feel.

Were you a Redguard?

They all look the same, they all steal shit constantly.

not even a troll post, this is actually in the games logic

who
>only wears armor for the fashion
here?

Attached: fashionfall.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

Nop, I'm an aryan Nord

>cares about fashion
>that fugly inventory
eh, 2/10 for the effort

When are they going to make HD player paperdoll and clothes? Literally everything is upscaled except that.

Why yes, I use high res textures and crisp pixelated sprites. How did you know?

Attached: 67857345.jpg (1920x1080, 519K)

You can literally see the soul getting sucked out of the game in one image.

>soul

Attached: y0qmu84g.jpg (728x656, 66K)

Anyone else having text wrapping issues? I can't read books because the text leaves the screen.
I'm playing at a sub 1080p resolution btw.

Attached: 1502931272429.png (721x450, 328K)

You can't post this and not post the mod

Tedious Travel

+str and +agi magic clothes just boosted my char to ridiculous. 90 speed, 90 agi, 70 str at lvl 5 and I shred through everything.

Only problem now is finding harder dungeons and monsters to farm.

Pro tip: Chesterwark has a mages guild and a circle of shops with the highest quality armor and weaponsmiths all next to eachother. Good place to base.

Yes games have soul, it's quantifiable.
Once you start adding HD texture packs, shitty 3d models and raytracing you might as well go back to modded Skyrim.

>used to get stuck in starting dungeon and kept dying
>started to hate the game and considered deleting it
>trying one last time, said fuck it and just ran around ignoring all enemies
>eventually found the optimal way out and could just sprint to exit in 1 minute without taking any dmg
>mfw

Attached: wojak_happy.jpg (800x698, 45K)

Are you using the mod that changes the font or updates the books to fix spelling errors? Because they do cause text wrapping issues IIRC.

is there a way to search npcs? I stole the vest for the thieves guild and it had a name in it but that was it.

I think they use AI for most textures. The details on a human / clothes turn to shit when put through any sort of upscaling.

What is this thing?

Attached: DaggerfallUnity_iSbgh07kSB.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

that and the horse's head while riding

Would a co-op mod be possible for a game like this?

you can ask for the location of npcs, not sure if daggerfall unity has that dialogue system complete yet.

it's open source, so yes it's possible. Will it happen?

No. They don't.
This fucking retarded meme needs to die.

No mods, just the GOG ver of Daggerfall through DaggerfallUnity.

I believe a multiplayer mod is being made.

I spend hundred of hours playing original Daggerfall so it's a refreshing change to see upscaled HD textures, feels like a new game but on top of old game and it's nice to rediscover things I already know.

pls respond

I assume it's a teleporter trap and the hd texture pack you're using changes it to a stargate for some reason.

Attached: 1540057012321.jpg (852x480, 45K)

I was afraid youd say that. Most of daggerfall isn't really in a talking mood right now.

mages guild can identify the item for you
if you got the coin

>tfw playing a mage is either or
I might have to play melee just to for the balance.

Try enabling SDF rendering.

Attached: SDF rendering.jpg (803x387, 161K)

The HD pack is nice. Looks way better.

I can't do anything to it and nothing happens when I touch it.

I need more comfy games like Daggerfall and Might and Magic.

Play Might and Magic World of Enroth right now.

Attached: 23565367234.png (1920x1080, 3.05M)

I've been in here on a quest looking for a vampire to kill for hours now. Does this guy even exist? I just wish these places where a little brighter.

Attached: DaggerfallUnity_Dtcxj4WVxl.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

As far as I remember thats a random quest that appears if you have negative legal rep or something. If you complete it and prove your innosense your legal rep gets reset to positive.

Some of the views that far terrain mod generates are actually really cool.

Attached: Sentinel.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

Get on my level nerd
I'm just about convinced that I managed to mow my target down without realizing it.

Attached: monopoly.png (1920x1080, 1010K)

I cannot find a Thieves Guild location to save my life. I've been looking in various towns for the past forty minutes and I've found nothing. They're supposed to highlight green on the town map once you've completed the initiation quest, right? Does anyone know of a specific guild location I can go to to see if my game is glitched or something?

If SDF rendering doesn't work, try enabling free scaling in options > interface.

That looks like one of the weird doors/wheel inside the dungeons or something. Hard to tell since it's modded. Usually they look like brick doors in the original. They are severely random and/or bugged in the original game, where if you walk into them (walk through them), activate them or something they might do something to you.

Usually they teleport you to some random location, or do nothing, but they can also instantly kill you or do some other shenanigans. Some of them can actually teleport you somewhere inside the dungeon and where you cannot get out (or at least are having an incredible hard time getting out) of the dungeon.

As per Daggerfall norms and etiquette: Always cast a fucking recall at the beginning of the dungeon. Always. No exceptions, exclusions or "I was only going to"s. Get recall from the mage's guild or get an item with recall. It is a fucking required spell end of story.

I haven't played Daggerfall Unity in a long time, only the classic one occasionally, but quest targets and items spawn behind secret walls A LOT and it's impossible to tell a fake wall apart from a real wall on my dosbox version. Try running along all the walls and spam use.

You would've gotten a popup if you did

In one of my playthroughs I took loans from banks and rushed the hircine summoning ceremony. So at like level 2/3 i got 100 strength agility endurance and 90 speed. Shit was pretty sweet running through all the dungeons as a werewolf 2 shotting everything.

Welcome to daggerfall. Check for hidden doors, click on objects etc. Some of the random dungeons can be borderline esoteric. Do not be surprised if you spend hours in a dungeon.

A tip is that secret doors show as doors on the map. Sometimes you might have to swim into water. And sometimes the entrance might be upwards and you need to climb or levitate. Also remember to click levers.

I can see what you mean because I did the same thing with Morrowind when I replayed it some years ago but I remember having trouble finding a good mod that retained the original look of the faces without turning everyone into an anime character.
Still, while the HD textures look nice I can't shake the feeling that they don't fit the simple square buildings.

Zoom zoom

i keep dying in the tutorial

Attached: 1512084624597.png (403x448, 53K)

>Wonder if there are any skeletons in this dung...
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yep.

Press ~ and type map_revealall to see the whole map. If that doesn't make it obvious what to do, then type tele2qspawn to be teleported to the quest objective. If there's not even an objective in the dungeon, then you got pranked enjoy your broken quest.

Same but only when I try to be a caster. Archery is playing the game on easy mode and most melee weapons are fine.

>Take critical weakness to poison/disease/paralysis because I heard magic immunity negates that shit
>Have gotten diseases, been poisoned, and gotten paralyzed multiple times
Did I misinterpret something or get memed on here? Or did they patch that shit out or something?
Or am I just a dumbass?

Attached: 1525206976264.jpg (376x355, 54K)

Oh and click on skulls. They might be teleportation skulls. And sometimes portals on the walls can be walked into and teleports you,but not always.

And get the recall spell and use it on the entrance so you can teleport back when youre done. I also think you can teleport yourself into closed off sections so its nice to be able to escape.

Magic immunity giving immunity to those things have been fixed in this version.

Attached: 1564394692077.png (544x535, 491K)

It's different in DFU, homie.

>Green bar reaches 0
>Die
Oh ok

In the classic game, this is absolutely true. If you have taken "Immunity to Magic" as a class advantage, you can give yourself a critical weakness to Poison, Paralysis and Disease with a fair amount of safety.

Whether this is patched or not beats me, but in the original game this was indeed true and worked extremely well.

Oh.
Shit.

Attached: 1404559057042.jpg (705x607, 90K)

Life is the green bar in DF. You can switch it in options as that is a common complaint. I also prefer red to be life.

Is there any downside to going to some backwater province, taking out a huge loan and never coming back to pay it?

>Get a quest from some lady in a tavern
> She wants me to defend her from assassins at the hearthcroft residence
>nothing marked on the city map so go to regional
>3 fucking places with hearthcroft in the name
> none named hearthcroft residence
>travel to one, get a message that she died
sorry lady, i have no fucking idea where you were

Status bars and their colors used to work differently in old games.

Attached: 1558853917066.jpg (800x500, 87K)

residences will almost always be in the same city you got the quest from. when asking people for locations they'll appear under the "general" category

Played through DFU several months ago and didnt know either. Picked critical weaknes to poison and disease. I still managed to complete the game. Just used a lot of cure poison and cure disease spells and potions. Was a bit annoying though and poison killed me a lot.

>start a game as a bosmer archer
>think going ranged would be fun
>notice archery barely seems to deal damage, if it hits at all with the wonky sprite hitboxes
>think its just because im low level and it'll get better
>all the posts in this thread saying archery is shit and sneaking is useless
should I just restart? I wasn't expecting to be a skyrim level stealth archer, but I expected sneaking to let me do at least some cool stuff. Should I just restart?

Attached: 1474396394176.jpg (289x175, 8K)

>If there's not even an objective in the dungeon, then you got pranked enjoy your broken quest
Is this always true? Would it make sense to save everytime you enter a new dungeon and enter that command just to see if there is one?

Nope

residences are just houses. Ask nerby citzens about it and sometimes they'll mark the exact house on your map like stores and inns

I spent hours on my first quest only to eventually realize it was broken. It's the first thing I'm doing from now on.

>sneaking
>cool stuff

I would have abandoned any hope for it being cool once you figured out that the city guards will crawl out of each and every hole after nobody saw you stealing from a cupboard.

>responds with another retarded meme

You can never ever enter there again or you'll be hunted like you wouldn't believe and you'll be put in jail, plus your reputation the region goes to shit. There is no other disadvantage except if a quest sends you to that region. Usually quests are enclosed to their specific region, however main quests will go to different regions of the world.

A basic rule is never take a loan you cannot pay in a main quest region. Any other region is fair game, but never do a main quest area, as you might lock yourself out of the main quest.

IIRC teleporting works through buildings. So you could just anchor where you get the quest and you should be able to recall straight to the guild/wherever after you finish the objective.

Save before taking a quest at all. The dungeons are always the same so it wouldnt matter if you saved outside. Dont know at what point the quest objective is placed but I dont think it happend after you enter.

Is ANY thieving skill useful? Also what the actual fuck even is streetwise?

>Try running along all the walls and spam use
This was it. Just some random fucking door at the top of the stairs. Amazing.

Well shit, thanks for the heads up guys. I guess i didn't look hard enough

In the original game there's an extremely high chance of the quest objective being there, but a rule of thumb is always save before taking a quest, and also entering a dungeon (in another slot) regardless of quest objectives. They are bugged as in the original game, and I bet sometimes quest objectives might not appear. Like 99% of the time however they do, even though they're hard as fuck to find.

tesguides.com/tes2/misc/tricks.htm and tesguides.com/tes2/ (fantastic old resource from the ancient days of the internet).

No, it feels even more lifeless than the games that came before it. It also has the worst music system in the series, playing the same tracks everywhere. It gets grating quickly, these along with how slow you walk to artificially make the world seem bigger makes it much less fun than daggerfall.

Ah yeah thats true. Last time I played I had the disatvantage that meant I could only regain mana and cast spells in darkness so i couldnt cast recall in the guild and had to do it in the dungeon.

rip user. He never scored.

>Also what the actual fuck even is streetwise?
afaik it just improves your ability to speak with people bluntly

In both the original and DFU it's INCREDIBLY rare for a quest to break. 99% of the time it's the player missing something.

>Also what the actual fuck even is streetwise?
It's a lore-like conversational skill. It's basically the opposite of etiquette. streetwise makes you better at talking with peasants and people of the underworld and shit like that. they basically dont hate you right away.

You never played any pen & paper games? Its like Outdoorsman/Ranger skills, but for Rogues in urban areas. It means you're streetwise. Helps you get information

>start daggerfall for first time ever
>tutorial time
>1 min later
>rat takes my 50% hp
>a fucking bat kills me a few sec later

Attached: GTO.jpg (1600x1200, 230K)

You can only go as fast as your computer can generate the terrain, If you speed up too much youll fall off the world.

Do crimes follow you to other towns?

No one really knows. I dont people even are sure if etiquette and streetwise even work or HOW they work. Youd think it was tied to 'blunt' and 'polite' but that might not even be true. Some say etiquette only works with nobles.

Never one with such a specific skill. I'm mostly a DnD/FATE bab

>Chesterwark has a mages guild and a circle of shops with the highest quality armor and weaponsmiths all next to eachother.
aren't towns random?

That's hilarious

Yo new players, you can turn down retarded quests you can't possibly fulfill. There is no real penalty for failing any quests other than the main quest.

Attached: fuckyouimp.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

I have the game on SSD and I can go as fast as x100 time multiplier.

>bitching about internet explorer and netscape
Comfy

Does anyone care to test this out?

>In the Daggerfall province is a town called "Rusty Ogre Lodge" that contains one Tavern. In the big upstairs room are several footlockers that will restock with Daedric weapons if you save the game and reload while in the room. Unless your Stealth skill is fairly high, opening any of those footlockers will summon the guards.

Maybe they fixed it, but it would be awesome to know.

Attached: 4562.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

No, they were made randomly, but theyre the same for every player

are the stairs going up or down?

Attached: snapshot_20.14_.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

>i-it's like Minecwaft, wite?

I love how zoomers can never wrap their heads around Daggerfall.

Attached: fuckyouthieftits.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

The geography of the game is identical for every single playthrough. It was randomly generated by Bethesda back in the 90s, but they're identical for every player. That goes for towns, cities, houses, taverns and dungeons. The TLDR is; they are not randomly generated, they have been randomly generated.

Up. Are you retarded?

Yo how tf do I cast?

go into options and read the keybinds user

>git gud at the w>click>s action
>guards hesitate to attack now
>run away when I go to stab them

Attached: 1532002969083.jpg (540x502, 22K)

I did
I press backspace, double click the spell and it says "press button to cast"
I press backspace again thinking that's what it means and nothing happens.

This game is such complete trash and so fascinating at the same time. I can't stop playing it.

That made me think. What is someone made a game with daggerfalls insane dunegons except te geometry was non eucledian? A bit too sadistic on the players perhaps. Really activates the little grey cells hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: e24.png (295x300, 115K)

They fixed it. Sorry, lil zoom. You're gonna have to play legit.

Attached: lodge.jpg (1920x1080, 641K)

click left mouse button after selecting the spell

it means the left click user

Shit disregard this
I just pressed q and e and it worked for some reason.

The true wall of Daggerfall.

I know it worked in the original game, I can't comment on DFU because I have no interest in it.
I can't stand the Full Screen HUD.

I just tried it and it doesn't work.

I really hate how one half of the sprites in DFU look completely out of place. Why can't they just make an identical port.

CURVED
PENISES

Once in a dungeon I got a message that my streetwise pacified a thief.

>Save before taking a quest at all
I always do this in case, and then save outside the dungeon in another slot, but from now on I'm going to use that command when I get to a dungeon to even see if it can be completed.

Although you're saying it might not be placed when you first enter, that could make it tricky

The chests now contain bottles of onions, vapes and copies of Fortnite. Pretty based by the developers. Subtle commentary on our current society.

Just make an enchantment

Damn, seems like all the veteran tricks have been fixed, oh well, it should have been fixed in the original to begin with.

I assume the bug where you loitered in a store and looted the shelves at night without any repercussions (because the game thought you had broken in) have been fixed as well?

You really dont need to use that command. I have personally never experienced the objective not excisting.

Really? Check this out.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjUVv7sYZWM&list=LL8CPt1vzwcnJDlEYiISL_GQ&index=2&t=0s

Attached: 1564461503518.png (1280x1024, 3.48M)

So what does it mean if you enter it and it says 'not found'? Is it just not loaded? Because I've been scouring this dungeon for a while now.

What graphics mod is in your pic?

What mods would you like to see? I've made a kidnapping mod with rape dialogue, but it doesn't really add any gameplay mechanics. Was thinking that you could sacrifice them to a daedric god or something.

Attached: 1534352682187.jpg (600x800, 48K)

That the command was not found. You probably entered wrong. Type "help" in the command screen.

Or tell me your quest. Its a different command for quest items than for quest monsters. If you are looking for ab item its tele2qitem not tele2qspawn.

I got a magic shield. How do I identify it?

Battlespire is comfy too.

Mage guild usually got a guy in the bigger cities.

World of Warcraft graphics mod

Do I have to be a member to do that tho

speaking in blunt and polite trains etiquette and streetwise. so there's got to be a connection

Yes, sadly

the kynareth guild is full of tits

Attached: 1476594499338.jpg (480x516, 24K)

Probably, yeah. It's safe to assume most bugs have been fixed.

Shieeeeet

Can you make that skyrim loli comic a real mod?

No, but you'll pay more.

>different command
ah shit, that's what it is. thanks

Fuck, my mistake

sauce to that

oh neat okay cool

Attached: 1564363337230.jpg (1280x1421, 358K)

>find a boatload of religious books and daggers worth thousands of gold each
>no one will buy them from me

Attached: 1545980740708.jpg (240x240, 38K)

Does it though? I am not so sure. Ive tested it and it didnt seem to for me even after doing it for a long time.

Attached: images (1).jpg (250x150, 7K)

Try a pawn shop, lil zoom.

Pawnshop will buy it. They are very rare i small towns but there are in the main ones at least, such as Daggerfall city

it does in vanilla, i know cause that's how i power lvled those two skills when i was testing out a linguist play-through

How do you manage your magic items? They are cheap enough I Can buy more but it sucks they aren't perm

>Become vampire
>Need to sleep until night
>Every hour for an entire day, a bandit spawns to try and kill me
>Always gets one shot
This game is so fucking stupid and I love it.

Attached: DaggerfallUnity_E6JNO1Xawh.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Illusion spells help a lot, and you can still do cool stealth play in dungeons. For more thief-type stuff, try and have Lockpicking or an open spell and go to shops at night. You can steal the wares with little risk. Stealth is fun in this game

Gary Gygax used to pull that shit to fuck with players in his D&D dungeons. Or even worse, he'd do real gradual slopes so that players would unknowingly wander into deeper dungeon levels and get ambushed by higher level monsters.

I think my streetwise went up two levels across my whole playthrough and I almost only used blunt. My etquette also went up so maybe its fucked. This was several months ago though. Maybe its been adressed or I am retarded.

you can repair magic items in the original daggerfall if you're higher than patch 2.0

I could never really get into Battlespire, I always quit around the second or third level. Does it get better after these levels?

Attached: Battlespire.jpg (1438x1079, 258K)

It's been a sad few weeks without the sad panda. Sigh...

Attached: crippling-depression-intensifies.png (875x453, 628K)

>it sucks they aren't perm
You change the settings to make magic items repairable

It’s only been one week.

>bought a horse
yay

You befriended him with your mastery of ebonics

Weeks? user, it has only been days so far.

Attached: 1559642638537.gif (200x250, 2.7M)

yeah I was joking faggot. I'm not a cumbrain like you.

I’m imagining the jive scene from Airplane with knights in full plate.

I"ll try. thanks user

Would it be possible to recreate BattleSpire in Daggerfall? Kind of like Skywind and so on. It was originally supposed to be a Daggerfall Expansion pack anyway

when I enter a city I get about 10 pop ups saying "knight used etiquette" but I have no idea what that means.

>inhale with my mouth open
>recognize noise
>realize I am a skeleton from Daggerfall
wat do

Skyrim needs a mod to make the temple in whiterun more lore-accurate, then

I started recently, I think I am around second level.

Attached: 1489883183611.jpg (960x644, 86K)

shut up todd

Visit hospital.

Or worst case scenario: your skeleton is trying to escape

I had the same reaction to the risen series

Attached: 400.jpg (400x400, 76K)

Get on vocaroo, let’s hear your impression.

Todd worked on Elder Scrolls from the very beginnung doofus. He did code on Arena and Daggerfall and was friends with Kirkbride, you can see the photo on UESP that Todd took of Kirkbride when he found him in the bathroom after MK didn’t show up to work for a week and was slumped over in the bathroom tripping on shrooms and acid while writing the 36 Lessons of Vivec.

Attached: 4EA17FB0-9E5C-4C44-9C4A-B5B772BC085C.jpg (470x607, 70K)

Phew, it feels like weeks.

Attached: im-freezing-in-here.jpg (600x800, 66K)

I really am not a fan of how armor only covers random parts of the body, and clothes seem to clip through armor

Excuse the iFunny border, I didn’t notice it at first and was just trying to find the pic again. Curiously enough whoever runs the “UESP tumblr” says this is false now when everyone already knows of MK’s experiments and of his love for the trippiness of Hindu lore

>that feel when no Morrowind mod that adds these shitton of randomized large dungeons, with the gearing system of a diablo

Just fucking kill me. Skyrim has a loot and enchantment randomizer, but not for dungeons. I want to stop playing Daggerfall.

Attached: 1561658060968.jpg (1024x867, 97K)

>Todd worked on Elder Scrolls from the very beginnung doofus. He did code on Arena
youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZOuv9sTcY
dude literally says himself he didn't start until after arena came out, retard.

i wonder what happened to the daggerfall multiplayer mod

Ok sorry I was wrong then, I am the doofus. I know he worked on daggerfall though.

adding random dungeons in a 3d game sounds fucking tedious as all fuck

I quit around there too.
I wanted to play all of the TES games in order except Shadowkey and Mobile Oblivion.
I gave up after getting rekt by scamps.
I tried Redguard too but couldn't get in the controls.

Attached: KEEP OUT.jpg (300x239, 25K)

Daggerfall is 3d

I think the tedious fast travel mod fucked with my dungeon texture colours? They were all wrong when I loaded into the game after installing.

So where's the all-in-one mod pack for lazy shits like me?

Holy fuck, this game is gold. Literally more immersive than Morrowind.

TES3 - 5 already use a tile system for indoor areas (just like daggerfall which is 3d) and afaik there's a TES 5 proof of concept mod that can generate a 100 floor dungeon on the fly.

Did you pick random dungeon textures in the options? I think that might change the textures of the dungeon you are in if you quit and restart. Not related to the mod.

Unless you sre talking about completely glitched texture and colours. Take a screenshot.

I tried playing this forever ago when it was first free on Bethesda’s site, but I could never get going right after character creation because I couldn’t figure out how to move or fight or anything. Am I just stupid or was this a bug? I thought I tried everything, it’s not WASD is it? And don’t you like have to click and drag to fight or something? I genuinely want to play this more, love Morrowind

The controls are simplified in this version with no retro HUD. If you dont like dragging in combat you can disable it in the launch options.

Assuming you are talking about the Unity port and not the original, then yes, it's WASD.
Ya'll never played a first-person game before, son?

Nah you're right it's the option I had. Cheers mate

sounds like a bug, I haven't played og daggerfall in a long time but I'm 90% sure you move with WASD

>Am I just stupid or was this a bug?
If your first assumption was that this is a bug and you didn't bother to check the keymapping in the options, then you should realize it's a case of the former.

Could've been you needed to use arrow keys to move.

>What mods would you like to see?
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2374

>"Glad this topic got separated from the prostitution topic - was getting a little creepy."

Yikes, he needs to have sex.

Attached: 1550410135562.png (599x593, 346K)

Home base? For me it's Eastwick in Daggerfall, at least at the beginning. You can walk there from Privateer's Hold, it's a smaller town so it's easy and not too tedious to traverse but it's not too small that it doesn't have a mage's and fighter guild plus a temple and other stuff.

Attached: Eastwick.jpg (1497x1059, 356K)

You guys don't play below Very Fast, right?

wait it's 3d not 2.5d like doom?

>Yikes, he needs to have sex.

Attached: 757.jpg (599x599, 71K)

it's so bizarre seeing Yea Forums being all over Daggerfall the last few days. feels fucking good

cheserwark has high quality armor and high quality weapon shop right next to the mage guild and is near start too

Yep. Tried to make threads a few months ago when it wasbt 100% finished and got laughed out but seems its caught on now.

same, daggerfall threads died really fast or devolved into some shit/lore/morrowind discussion

It feels so great to have some actual discussion happening again.

meant to say chesterwark, daggerfall region

The circle of shops has high quality weapons and armor

I've been waiting for feature parity and now it's here

I dont remember the name anymore but it was a large town in the middle of Wayrest. Dont know why I got a "thing" going with that particular town. I guess since it was in the middle it was overall shorter to travel to dungeons in Wayrest.

Phrygias and Santaki for me right now. I have the mages guild and the temple of stendarr in both cities and with all the possible shops and services.

I do like how conveniently all those shops are grouped together, but for me personally I find those walled settlements a little tedious to travel back and forth across, that's why I like Eastwick. It's smaller but still has some of the bigger city trappings. Once I'm better at flying I'm going to move.

But it's not. Scroll down here.
dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap/
Not even the movement is the same as in the original daggerfall just yet and it's still missing important features.

So on a 1-10 scale, how comfy would you say Daggerfall is?

Should I buy a CRT, find a way to plug in into my Raspberry Pi, and play daggerfall on it. I've had it collecting dust for months and this could legit be a use for it

Holhead Court I think it was

I see. There is still some stuff to be done. That's cool that they'll add the classic HUD. Last time I tried this they didn't even have guild quests.

Yeah go ahead lol
> Intel i5 (or equivalent) and higher. GTX660 (or equivalent) and higher with 2GB of RAM. 4GB system RAM.

I've tried to get daggerfall running on my raspberry and couldn't do it. Good luck user

If you have a good imagination, easily 9

>zoomer doesn't know that daggerfall is an old DOS game
lmao

Attached: 1544637682468.jpg (687x539, 45K)

Lol at those specs. I guess I'd have better luck playing the original daggerfall on an emulator lol

The topic of this thread is obviously the Unity version, you dildo.

>Should I buy a CRT
check craigslist every now and then if you're in the states in/near a city. I usually see freebies or some going for 15$ or less.

Daggerfall Unity != Daggerfall tho

>prostitution topic
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=856
man that Igor guy seems like quite the faggot

the city of Wayrest itself looks pretty cool imo, I like the way their castle looks in that town. The only weird thing about it now in unity is there is a giant almost 90 degree hill in front of it.

why are these people responding at all to the topic if they don't like it?

Attached: 1561923679726.gif (250x271, 991K)

You sound overly defensive.

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2293
here's an upcoming mod for you zoomers

is the modding like ark with a dev kit or whatever it is since it's unity?

is that you igor?

You just load the game into unity and change shit

>see this
>check status
>you are healthy
>rest at an inn before I leave anyway
>still warns me
Guess I'll die.

Attached: 1749751348561.png (1920x1080, 200K)

check it out, that's a big hill

Attached: wayrestfrontgate.jpg (2560x1440, 641K)

go to a temple and get healed

Have sex, Igor.

Attached: 1554885100287.jpg (610x458, 46K)

See? You're letting one random post get under your skin that much.

From what?
Is there a way to see what I caught?

>You're letting one random post get under your skin that much.
you got the autism bro

most of the time it doesn't do anything to me but then sometimes Ill get 20 you dont feel so well going down my screen and fall over dead.

Were you fighting werewolves or vampires? If so you might have what they have now. Or if you weren't, you might just have some other less cool but still deadly disease.

O LAWD HE COMIN

Attached: 1.jpg (2560x1440, 611K)

For me it's Bhoraine, capital of Bhoraine. Basic guilds in the city while the province is small and comfy, with it's citizens being followers of Stendarr.

Attached: Bhoraine.jpg (1920x1135, 107K)

>Were you fighting werewolves
Oh shit, how bad is lycanthropy.

Go to temple, they'll cure you
or you can be a werewolf, that might be fun too

If you get Hircine's ring you will have complete control over the transformations (switch between forms whenever you want) and you won't feel the need to hunt innocents. Problem is to summon Hircine you need around 200,00 gold and there is still no guarantee that the summoning will work. Overall though the werewolf build was probably the most fun I had in the game.

Attached: Lycanthropy.jpg (1150x839, 173K)

Is there a mod like the landlord one for skyrim where you can buy property and get rent. I reckon daggerfall would be a great groundwork for mechanics like that.

It's good, don't cure it.

I always found it funny how the emperor didn’t give you a letter of writ, though it would trivialize some language skills and town interactions
>”excuse me, where’s the inn?”
>”piss off, wanker.”
>”motherfucker, I’m on orders from the emperor himself. Legally I could have you killed.”

He did but you lost it at sea

Any build rec for noobs?
I can't get past the first dungeon

So.. Retro Style or Overhaul?

Attached: DF Retrostyle vs Overhaul.jpg (1542x1760, 594K)

> Travel to daggerfall
> First person mode travel

Desert bus mod?

It’s all down to personal preference.

>tenor.gif

Attached: typical_v_poster.jpg (914x1200, 222K)

>I can't get past the first dungeon

are you for real nigga? just tag weapon skills and allocate your stats into hitting shit

youtu.be/DWmKlE1fR58?t=16m7s
Use this as a guide to make your own class.

Overhaul. Gimmie real 3D models too ala Skyrim.

Speed
Agillity
Weapon skill

i miss castle ironfist

Why does anyone play this shit?

>do a quest
>track down to some dungeon
>enter
>kill an orc
>turn a corner
>4 fucking imps
>can't kill them at all because my steel longsword is ineffective
>die
Fuck this shit man.

That's how you know it's faithful to the original game!
Unfortunately it doesn't crash or corrupt your save nearly enough to be the true Daggerfall experience.

It comes with a customizable timescale

>the game is shit because i am shit
go back to roblox zoomer

sounds like you're salty because you're too much of a brainlet to actually have picked any relevant skills to damage things

Being smart doesn't hurt. And a little luck now and then is nice. But the key is patience and hard work.

Neither works in any combination, books and some menu tool tips still leave the screen.

checking it, thanks

Are there pet builds in this? Like summons or anything?

well now you know for next time

There is spell absorption which you can abuse
Otherwise its just sleeping and potions as far as I know
As a mage you should be making use of your potion maker a lot

zoom zoom

Attached: yutftyfytfi.png (434x327, 55K)

What resolution are you using? Does it still happen in 1080p?

How do I become the ultimate Wizard, Yea Forums?
I try to build a class and I always feel like i'm missing skills that I want.

Attached: Untitled.png (600x750, 902K)

Attached: daggerfall.png (1280x1024, 383K)

fuck off Zoomer!

Attached: 1547072262912.gif (250x190, 1.84M)

based midge

I do this with my fat gas AOE poison spell

I'm on a laptop, so the monitor doesn't go to 1080p, I would guess that it doesn't, and that the font doesn't scale down for lower resolutions.

>purchasing spells
Dude lmao
They are like 10x more expensive than just making your own
>Oy vey! But you need the *OFFICIAL* Circinate spells to be a real Mage goy.

Attached: 151172A7-CA5C-4FA8-9FAB-5CC1C37B2B98.png (193x364, 15K)

No they fixed a lot of bugged skills, especially the passive weapon skills like dodge/critical/backstab

Unfortunately I don't have a way to fix it. If you want to try asking the forum here's the link:
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=5

Use DSR then.

10 hours in paint

Attached: daggerfall.png (1204x754, 923K)

I know Etiquette can also pacify human enemies, I'm unsure if Streetwise can do this as well
Also both help you in court, I've been able to debate my way out of HUGE sentences a few times

>head to location
>have a dream
>finish quest
>head back to daggerfall to turn in
>VENNNNNNJUUUUUNCE
>run away to try and wait until morning without the faggot chasing me miles away from town again
>zombie wakes me up
>start to bash its brains in
>realize I'm swinging like Kenshiro on crack
>open stats
Jesus fucking christ.

Attached: 1749751348561.png (1920x1080, 271K)

lol nice

kek!

it's art bro

More Daedric quests
Summoning/Necromancy
Order of the Lamp sub-order of the Mages
More unique quests and flavour text

should be used as opening image of next thread

Change settings so you can repair magic items

dodge and critical hit wasn't bugged in the patched Daggerfall. I'm always playing with them.

You're pretty much unstoppable now. Go get the ring as soon as you can.

Is Daggerfall less boring that all the other TES?

Attached: 1563649808138.jpg (512x512, 13K)

Daily reminder that if you play DU with graphics mods rather than original textures you're a disgusting casual.

How does he keep getting away with it?

Attached: todd hates niggers.png (901x843, 440K)

>Give me the totem mortal, its not that im going to become a god and even shit some avatars over time to fuck with Vanus Clubhouse for banishing necromancy.
>Also ignore the BDSM torture that i received from molag bal.

Modders made a dungeon generator for Morrowind all the way back in 2003. There were a bunch of big dungeon mods that used it, like ones that expanded all the tombs to 10x the size or had a huge 100-level dungeon that got harder as it went deeper, that kind of stuff.

Yes. Arena was Doom-style and didn't really have a fully fledged Z axis (just a drop down layer that requires no floor to exist on that tile and raised ledges, no room-over-room) but Daggerfall's engine is true 3D and has a large amount of verticality to its level design and gameplay.
The sprites for enemies was purely a performance-minded graphical choice. They could have used models for them even back in 1996. Bethesda's previous game in the same engine was an FPS with full 3D models for everything.

The reason why it wasn't insanely complex to generate 3D dungeons in Daggerfall's case is because it's not the kind of generation you might be thinking of where rooms and hallways are randomly arranged to make new layouts. In truth the generation is pure 2D: a dungeon is a grid of a small number of square blocks, where each block is a reference to a large predesigned 3D space that fits into the grid.
Bethesda made about 60 of those blocks in total along with a few minor variations on them, such as "flooded" versions.
This has advantages and disadvantages: on the plus side you still get a hand crafted feel from most areas of a dungeon, and some of them have clever puzzles and traps. On the downside you quickly get that deja vu feeling once you've visited more than a handful of them since such large swaths are completely identical, and you can start to auto pilot your way through new dungeons because you already know where the quest spawn points are.

Interestingly, the "broken" dungeons aren't so because they were generated wrong, they're broken because at least one of those handcrafted blocks aren't fully connected as they should be, leading to unintentional dead ends.

Recommended mods?

None zoomer

Is dodging actually fucked in DFUnity?
The UESP says it's bugged, but that's referring to the vanilla version of the game.

Attached: 2ab.gif (466x367, 60K)

I thought this response was just for High Elves, guess not.

For me its Dragontail City, deep in the mountains, in the Mages Guild

Persistent Dungeons

>those tits
God i miss stargate, and the fact that Tsaesci are Asian vampiric Goa'uld

Grind quests with the witches to get the cost down
And if you're not a Cucked Knight who's only good at hitting things and chatting up noblewomen you can make mad dosh easily

It's fixed in DFU. If I remember right that bug was discovered recently in the process of reverse engineering for it.

You washed up nearly naked in some seacave
And you're on a secret mission anyways, the Emperor doesn't want the powers of the Bay to know hes involved

He worked on the CD version of Arena and then Terminator, then he moved to daggerfall, which he makes the skeletons sounds.

This is why we need trenchbroom compatible with Daggerfall

Harpies are the worst because they spawn at early levels but require Dwarven weapons or better to fight which is very uncommon at those levels

You're telling me the skeletons are actually Todd REEEEEing?

Yea me too, they are just nice for any build rolling with a weapon
And dodge is useful in general so I pretty much always take it at the very least as a minor skill

>start game
>never played Daggerfall before
>set up character
>find out I can go full nude
>set up advantages
>get the one that gives you a free book
>might get some spell or something idk
>start the first dungeon
>check inventory
>read book
>get unironic khajit porn

what the fuck todd
this game is something else

Archaeology
Birds of Daggerfall

The best part is it's a true story and you get to meet the thot in the main quest.

Books don't raise skills, they are just for fun and lore, or sometimes extra game information/secrets

user use the proper memes instead of wojak garbage, because this is what those fuckers and skeletons are UNTIL you get lucky enough to drop a enchanted weapon or have enough magicka.

and god help you, if you end up getting the Harpy extermination quest.

Attached: 31w.png (500x369, 81K)

BARBED

from the Noclip documentary itself, he voiced the skeletons on the arena CD too.
which bethesda should distribute instead of the Floppy version, since it has cringetastic voices and digital soundtrack

The best thing about daggerfall for me is the immersion
And I know that word is thrown around a lot but its genuine in this case

It was the original, using DOSbox

where do I go when I leave the prison?
am I supposed to just fucking run to the exit?

When did I say I didn’t check options? You’re the retard for assuming

Yes, someone posted a webm of the path if you can't find your way out.

>it takes some indie unity port to get people talking about Daggerfall again
Zoomers too against using dosbox or something?

You mean the first dungeon? Go anywhere
If you walk straight south over the hill you will reach Gothway Garden in about 2 minutes
Or hit V to bring up fast travel and head straight to Daggerfall city
For the first little bit its best not to leave Daggerfall province if you don't want to miss the main quest and be labeled a traitor to the Empire