Can a MMO win GotY?

Attached: 1B8B9EE0-D5AF-40CA-AEE0-9C698BAF2C80.jpg (750x619, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers/user-reviews?dist=negative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Been seeing FF14 threads more often and a lot of praise being thrown at it. Is it worth getting into or is a boring slog?

None of my friends will play with me either way.

How will wow ever recover?

I'll play with you user if you pick Primal

bros stormblood is so boring that i let my last 10 days of subscription waste because i can't force myself to get through it

it's a slow start but a fun overall experience

As much as the story is good.. once you've consumed it there really isn't anything fun to do.

>after 400+ hours there really isn't anything fun to do

Well, yeah?

push through, user. Shadowbringers more than makes up for it

means it's a bad game

Well it is an MMO.

yes but not in a year Pathologic 2 got released

Its more of a single player than an MMO at this point. Like most modern MMOs.

>Well it is an MMO.
>Its [...] an MMO

Thanks for reiterating.

No, nobody cares about MMO games anymore. It's just a bunch of boomers wishing that they could go back in time and play vanilla WOW again for the first time.

The base game story is really fucking dull until the final stretch right before the first expansion starts. It finally got interesting but my sub is about to expire so I'm not sure I'll even renew it this month.

This is a fucking ruse. I've been playing ffxiv since 2.0 and nothing has changed since heavensward which was a big downfall compared to ARR. Don't get me wrong the story was great in shadowbringers and very hype. But the game is gonna die down so fucking hard from here.

unironically one of the biggest video-game snoozefests i've ever played thorugh. Nothing in the forced main story questline is difficult and it takes over hundred hours.

>picked Byrnhildr because Byrn is cool
>apparently Crystal sucks

It’s extremely addictive. I’ve already got 12 days played and have only had the game for a little over the month.

I bought into the hype and picked the game up a month ago because a friend kept lobbying me. I’m having fun with it, but these anons are right about the part before the first expansion. It is absolute cancer. Download the free trial, you can get up to lvl 35 with it, although the gameplay is brain dead up to 50/60.

At the end of Shadowbringers now. It's alright, except the 'play this NPC' missions. Fuck those missions.

really? I enjoyed some of them. They did seem to drag on too long at times.

>boring slog
Literally worse than Elder Scrolls Online starting out. You'll go through multiple maps for a total of 35/7,000 experience to level.

>leveling actually mattering and not the MSQ being a pain in the ass long
Leveling your first character in FFXIV is pitifully easy, just do roulettes every day alongside your character and make sure to eat.

If you like FF sure, though that can be a negative too, I found the story to be repetitive due to playing every mainline FF game. The base storyline is extremely boring and forced, gets better in the expansions though, but still forced unless you pay real money. Not completing the overly drawn out story does restrict you from doing content which is a bad move imo.

I plan to eventually get back into it, but for the time being I'm looking forward to Classic.

its worth getting into and is a boring slog

If you like JRPG's with a lot of story, then yes, it is worth it.
If you want a good mmorpg or don't care about story, then stay away from it.

My biggest issue with it is that every class is the same and there is no room for individuality. Every job gets a class gauge/resource, which often feels very samey and there's always only one logical order to execute your skills. In WoW you can ehance abilities or change them up, which means you can do some fun shit with what used to be shit skills. If you're interested in pvp, then keep in mind that ffxiv condenses the majority of your skills into a single button you can spam over and over to do your rotation.

It really depends what kind of player you are, since modern mmorpgs don't really appeal to the traditional mmorpg audience anymore.

Attached: 1537187847921.jpg (720x709, 48K)

Critic reviews don't make any sense for MMOs. The majority of professional reviews try to get their reviews out ASAP but MMOs are "supposed" to be played for long stretches of time. If you only play for a week to a month, you're reviewing just the launch content and not the additional content support which is the backbone of the MMO.

Unless that really is how most people play MMOs now, do you just clear the MSQ, Eden, and call it a day?

>I've been playing ffxiv since 2.0 and nothing has changed since heavensward which was a big downfall compared to ARR.
You have to keep in mind that the game was dying pre-HW. It was too hard for the vast majority of people and instanced content was unforgiving, which was required to progress. Casters had to actually sleep trash mobs, otherwise the dungeon would take forever or you'd even wipe. Boss fights were ruthless and even failing to move out of a non-telegraphed spell or attack would instantly kill non-tanks. Leveling took forever. You had to do all the sidequests and even spam leve quests to meet the requirement of the next zone. You basically had to earn the right to even get to experience the story. It was brutal and for a lot of people the story wasn't reward enough, because it wasn't epic enough for them and they didn't feel like a hero. And I don't mean the game was slightly dying out. It was really on the verge of being shut down again. If you were a dps, it would take hours to LFG for dungeons past +40, because healers and tanks were really slow with solo-grinding or they just couldn't make it through dungeons at all. Just to put it into perspective, my friend was a tank and I was a healer and we had to create our own guild because our friendlists weren't large enough. That's how desperate people were to get through endgame content.
2.3 to 3.0 was YoshiP working on these issues and making it much more casual friendly. Obviously they don't want to deviate from this anymore, otherwise they might end up shutting down once more.

>Still no east coast server
Is and will continue to be 500 ping unplayable garbage for ~80% of the North American population

Attached: 1563638932583.jpg (1250x1250, 269K)

This makes me want 1.0 back. It had soul.

metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers/user-reviews?dist=negative

Is housing that bad?

Nah, that guy is just hyperbolizing a shitty system that doesn't matter

Maybe, if Fire Emblem wasn't released this year.

>Punches the fuck out you for not wanting judge as a tank

Attached: D15D8201-F680-4A79-9649-D0A2DE2B6313.gif (480x272, 838K)