"Get on Discord, user!"

"Get on Discord, user!"
>Tox is a secure, decentralized multimedia messenger aimed at replacing proprietary and NSA-ridden apps. It offers video and audio chat, group messaging, and file sharing, as well as a robust platform that can allow for endless possibilities. (tox.im/)
>Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is an open source SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet. It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality. It is interoperable with many other standard compliant softwares, hardwares and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323). (ekiga.org/)
>Ring (formerly SFLphone) is a free distributed (multimedia communication software published under the GNU General Public License 3. It is developed by Savoir-faire Linux with the help of a global community of users and contributors. Savoir-faire Linux is a Canadian company specialized in Linux and free software. (ring.cx/)
>Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming. (wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page)
>Jitsi is an audio/video Internet phone and instant messenger written in Java. It supports some of the most popular instant messaging and telephony protocols such as SIP, Jabber/XMPP (and hence Facebook and Google Talk), AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo! Messenger. (jitsi.org/)
>Talky is an open source simple video chat service provided by &yet. (talky.io/)
>Riot is built on top of the Matrix open standard.(about.riot.im/)
>"We're not downloading those apps lol, just use Discord!"

What does Yea Forums use to voice chat with fellow gamers online..?

Attached: tox-im-logo.jpg (300x300, 17K)

>What does Yea Forums use to voice chat with fellow gamers online
Nothing. I don't need to hear anybody and I don't need anybody to hear me.

>written in Java

Attached: 1210980086827.jpg (420x598, 32K)

In what possible way would Java be secure?

Fuck off shill
Also discord is shit only trannies and losers use it

>Fuck off shill
free software that respects your freedoms and privacy
impossible to shill for FREE software retard

its not gonna catch on

Hasn't Tox been dead for years?

>What does Yea Forums use to voice chat with fellow gamers online..?
Discord.

I dont use anything. The only peraon i play games with is my gf and we sit next to each other. We also use a custom local network "chatting and media" software to send whatever messages or lewds if we have headphones on.

>impossible to shill for free software retard
t. shill

Why does the Discord interface look like it was stolen from Tox? Have you guys thought of seeking legal counsel?

Reminder that Duckduckgo rates Discord's the same as 4channel's

I will never tell my normalfag friends I use Tox. Good thing I don't like to chat with 'other fellow gamers online'

imagine being this tin foil hat

Normalfags, begone.

Same thing happened with Mumble, Ventrilo, even as far back as ICQ. Clans would outright reject you for not having fucking third world ICQ.
It'll fall out of favor. Things always do.

Shill begone

>I want my data private !
Who cares about you showing you boipussy on cam when millions of people got their data stollen too ? You'll never be successful enough for people to threaten you with your gay stuf anyway

Isn't there an open source Discord clone?
What's in called again... It looks exactly like Discord. I saw it once but immediately forgot about the name. Gonna have to google.

I used tox to play with a person online and then he sent me CP out of nowhere so I got spooked

Attached: banana ice.jpg (1016x1101, 119K)

Damn I rmember when Kik was the new hotness then Discord came in and buried it alive.

Found it: Riot.im

matrix.to
It works pretty well.
Tox is not a discord replacement, its a Skype replacement but the OP is just too retarded to know what tool for what job.

What did he sent you