KH1 > KH2 > KH3

KH1 > KH2 > KH3

Attached: KH-Boxart.jpg (1120x1600, 760K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zs9pygUbQA0
youtube.com/watch?v=k7yESis3lKw
youtu.be/tYs_zP5jM2I?t=135
youtube.com/watch?v=Neau6ttz6Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=w_woaOKRmew
youtube.com/watch?v=mFk6Xeiseqw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty much. I think KH2 is more enjoyable and has more replay value, but KH1 has a charm to it that no other KH game has captured.

What, the charming "older than me" bonus?

KH1 had better story and challenge. KH2 had better gameplay, controls, and level design. KH3 had better graphics.

Soul vs Souless

Dogshit>kh3
Game is shit

>and level design
Que?

The spinoffs were a mistake

KH1 feels like a Disney movie. Every other KH game feels more like a shonen anime. I love KH2 and might prefer to it 1, but it doesn't capture the Disney feeling of 1.

>KH1 had better story
>KH2 had better gameplay, controls
Correct.
>KH1 had better challenge
Hell no, 2 Final Mix was way harder.
>KH2 had better level design
Dear god no, KH2 worlds were straight lines with gimmicks and setpieces. 1 worlds were very interconnected and at times labyrinthine with a ton of secrets.

>and level design

Attached: 1563867498292.png (644x800, 30K)

>labyrinthine with a ton of secrets.
That's just coded language for shitty level design. The first game is always janky, not just with KH but with basically everything.
This is how it goes
>1st
Mechanically jank as fuck but has the most effort and heart put into it.
>2nd
Mechanically sound, goofy story but still has soul
>3rd
Most impressive in terms of tech, but usually lacking in passion

1>3>2
2 just has a better pacing than 3 and the roxas story. But it was a downgrade to 2 in every possible way. While 3 made worlds great again and space stuff nice. It just has a shitty story pacing and a shitty damage scaling because of muh 1000 enemies

KH1 had the best story

KH2 had the best combat and bosses.

KH3 has the best level design and controls and Qualtiy of Life features. It also has the best disney world stories and the best sense of humor.

KH1 has the most kino level design

fite me

>KH3 has the best level design
Lol no it doesn't, it takes 2's mistakes and cranks them up to 11.

this

It has way better level design than 2, Just the worst disney worlds

Flip it around but then switch 3 and 2
*dabs*

Bait.

It really doesn't. The actual mountain part of Olympus is okay, but the entire level is just one long hallway. Same as Corona, Arendelle, and Monsters Inc. Meanwhile on the other end of the spectrum Toy Box and San Fransokyo are just huge empty rooms with very little to actually do, no reason to explore. The only remotely decent world is Caribbean and even then there's no real reason to explore all the islands besides some potions and ethers.

Better than box rooms

only played 1 and it was horse shit so yikes if true

Lets go
KH2FM > KH1FM > KH2 > KH1 >>> CoM > RECoded > 3 >RECoM >>> DDDHD > BBSFM > DDD3D > BBS >>> Coded > VCast

Attached: tumblr_p1dof8wS1z1utqb9do2_500.gif (500x208, 2.53M)

Vanilla KH1 > KH1FM

And it still feels more alive than everything in kh2. Kh2 has only one good level and that is twillight town.

>muh grafix
Those box rooms had better interconnectivity and creativity than any other entry in the series so far.

Don't like the recolors? FM is better if just for the better camera controls. Xemnas is just icing on the cake.

Wrong

3 couldn't even get that right. Like I said, it took all the mistakes and actually managed to make them worse.

FM ruins synth and the music

>KH3 had better graphic
kinda cheating because it got released 3 generation later

Now you're just shitposting.

I agree with all that except
>It also has the best disney world stories
KH1 was so much better in this regard. The main villains? All classic Disney villains and they had motivations that related to the universe of the game. Jafar wishes to access the keyhole, Triton knows about other world and is threatened by outsiders, all the villains watch and speculate as Clayton draws the heartless to him, etc. Powerful Disney characters were powerful in the universe of KH. After that everything is about the organization and Disney characters are completely clueless and irrelevant to the story. 3 was a little better, because they did tie the worlds into the organization's goals a little bit, like how Toy Story proves objects can have hearts, and Monster's Inc teaches them about capturing emotions or some shit. Still would like Disney to be more important to the story.

In their defense, the worlds have to change in each game therefore so must the characters. It also wouldn't be surprising if Disney was super bitchy about how their characters are portrayed.

Not only that but it actually does look worse in a lot of places, 1 and 2 had a consistent and properly tested style, 3 just threw a plastic filter on everything.

Oh, I'm one of those weirdos who like the new music. Recolors can eat a dick tho

Yeah, but I was really just saying that as a joke about how the first two games were better in pretty much every way.

Kh4 when

>2's mistakes

uhhh, what?
2's mistakes were that it's levels where insanely linear, everything in the game was a hallway or arena square. Literally, look at the maps. Even worse, in 2 you had only one direction you could go at any given time, if you tried to go to another area, you would get a "can't go there at this time" message. Everything would tell you where exactly to go and wouldn't let you go anywhere else. The only variety of the cutscene -> walk hallways and fight -> cutscene formula was a single minigame per level, often repeated multiple times.

Still, even though this was shitty level design, it was still an improvement over KH1, where you just wandered randomly until stumbling into a cutscene, and then wandered randomly again until the next cutscene, until you reached the boss fight.

Both are vastly superior to the level design in Chain of Memories, which was horrible RNG collectable gating shit, and Birth By Sleep, which was KH2's level design but worse- the actual definition of 2's mistakes but cranked up to 11. At least Birth by Sleep is short, but you also need to replay it 3 times.

Dream Drop Distance was slightly better than 2 in terms of level design- as it's levels were more open and there was more exploration, but non of the random wandering seen in 1.

KH3 meanwhile, had very open levels with a good degree of exploration each, most had unique mechanics in addition to a minigame, and with the exception of the Frozen (and to a lesser extent, Tangled too) world, all of these were done really well. Toy Story with a huge, open, 3 story toy store with a heavy focus on exploration, and the unique mech mechanic- Mechs being one of the few enemies immune to staggering, but to counter this, you can also pilot mechs, which is a whole host of unique mechanics itself. Pirates lets you sail the seas in a lite pirate simulator. Once again, a whole host of unique mechanics, and it also has some decent and fun underwater exploration too.

If Re:Coded didn't have shitty gimmicks and was remastered it would be the best KH game.

Based and redpilled. KH1 is comfier and the story is less convoluted/batshit retarded. It actually feels like a Disney/FF crossover type story, the entire rest of the series feels like KH1 fanfiction

>Still, even though this was shitty level design, it was still an improvement over KH1
Shit tier taste

>Update
2FM > 1FM > 2 > 1 >>> CoM > RECoded > 2.8 > 3 >RECoM >>> DDDHD > BBSFM > DDD3D > BBS >>> 358/2 > Coded > UnionX > VCast > Pointless Movie

Attached: Roxas.jpg (2908x2176, 698K)

like you played the original coded or VCast.
DDD will always be worse than BBS in any shape or form.

3 > 2FM >> 1FM > DDDHD >>> BBS >>>>>>>> ReCoM

>KH2 had better level design

I'm sorry, what? Were you high when you played KH2? It was just a bunch of hallways and the game screamed at you if you tried going the wrong way

I played Vcast at a Verizon store when it, and the phone it was on, where new. It was fucking horrendous
At least we agree ReCoM is bad

Drone tier taste

1 is literally random, aimless wandering until you reach the right room to trigger a cutscene. Some levels are hurt more by this than others, but the levels in 1 can barely be described as "level design" it is just arena spaces that your wander around until you find the cutscene/boss to advance.

>KH3 meanwhile, had very open levels with a good degree of exploration each,
Except they didn't, they were just big empty rooms or one long hallway with no branching paths besides Arendelle which is just 3 hallways.

DDD and BBS are both utter shit, but at least DDD let mobs and bosses get stunned making combat bearable. And flowmotion is fun to fuck around with despite it brokenness

Yea, sounds like level design for me.

>1 is literally random, aimless wandering until you reach the right room to trigger a cutscene
If you have sub 50 iq sure

This is correct.

KH2 is close to being the perfect KH game. It’s biggest problems are the abundance of filler and the fact that the cutscene direction is so bad that it’s cringeworthy.

Also, the game doesn’t get even remotely challenging until the post-game.

t. skipped cutscenes and dialogue
No wonder you like 3.

>Game lets you explore
>REEEEEEEEEE THIS IS BAD
Zoomer

I remember seeing a Kingdom Hearts retrospective that basically pointed this out. When you get stuff like Sora teleporting through buildings and cutting them up, it feels like the series is trying to be a flashy anime more than the fairy tale it was in the first game.

I disagree, BBS was just unfun. DDD isn't much better but if I were given the choice I would play it over that game. Maybe I'm a bit biased because DDD was my first KH game but I even thought it was alright when I played the HD release, though the story was just pure insanity

2 is better because it’s straight hallways so brainlet retards like me can’t get lost

Chain of Memories is the worst in the series by far. Shit gameplay, shit level design, meh main story only propped up by a decent Riku story.

3 wins for me simply because the level design is the best by far, and for a game where 90% of your time is spent going through the disney worlds, that is by far the biggest factor. It also has the second best boss fights and the second best combat behind 2fm, which itself has combat and boss fights leagues above everything else in the franchise. Overall, 3 is like experiencing something close to, but never reaches, the highest points of 2fm, but without all of the negative drawbacks and weaknesses of 2fm's lowpoints and short comings

KH2FM > KH3 > KH1FM
I assume that 3 may beat 2 with the full release for me

Attached: 1551981010345.jpg (1661x1357, 312K)

I kinda like Chain of Memories if only because of all of the Sleights letting Sora use crazy new abilities.

Riku's story would've been my ideal gameplay mode for Chain of Memories, though. Deck building was a pain in the dick. If Riku had more reliable healing, that would've been my ideal play style.

there is a difference between "letting you explore" and the last cutscene being "oh look, Tarzan sees a heart on the slide and is speaking monkey talk, cutscene is over, now wander around a level filled with shitty platforming controls until you stumble onto the next cutscene!"

RECoM is shit, CoM is fantastic for a GBA game. The story isn't great, but no KH story is truly great. Just fun because of how odd it is.

There's just enough jank in KH2 where I can say:
KH2FM >= KH1FM > KH2 >= KH1 > KH3 > Re:Coded > .2 > DDDHD > BBSFM > BBS > DDD > 358/2 > CoM > Coded > Ux > X > ReCoM

>BBS that low
>2.8 that high

Attached: really_now.gif (263x200, 439K)

You just have shit tier taste, exploring in KH1 is the best part of it

I hate BBS for introducing the new command deck trash. And of all the games that have it, it handles it the worst. For a demo, 2.8 is fun and really doesn't do any wrong

>Pointless movie
But like, isn't it specifically not pointless? Ever since the mobile game?

If there was one thing I liked about KH1, it's how your magic could affect the background.

>use Thunder to activate a machine
>use Blizzard to freeze water bubbles
>use Gravity to lower platforms

That was neat and I hate that the series got rid of that in favor of Sora shonen jumping 500 feet into the air.

It's not a game, its pointless

Yeah, also using blizzard to put out candles for chests, using fire to open a door

That doesn't even make any sense
I guess you just like playing games and then being confused as to what's happening

I mean, to be fair there was a very limited number of those moments in the game. The thunder thing for example, you shocked an exposed wire. Not exactly amazing.

Traverse Town > Twilight Town

I'm expressing how retarded it was that it was a movie and not a game.

I'd have liked them to do more with that, though, instead of just leaving it as minimal as it was.

But it was a movie summarizing a game, user

I guess? Just seems like a very weird thing to complain about when it was only in one game and wasn't even a very notable feature. Arguably the most interesting thing was using gravity on the chests.

And it would have been better served as a real game. Not a flash game, nor a movie.

>Goalpost moving
Ok

>It was just a bunch of hallways
Still better than KH1 levels
>the game screamed at you if you tried going the wrong way
Okay, but I wouldn't call that level design.

You are wrong

>Still better than KH1 levels
Actually, no. KH1 was straight up better in that regard. Just look at Hollow Bastion.

KH2FM >KH1 > KH2 > KH3 > KH1FM >DDDHD (NG+) > BBS >>> DDDHD (regular shit)
Haven't played 358/2, DDD3DS, COM and I have only played a bit of ReCOM and ReCoded

Attached: KH3 Vader.png (784x1019, 699K)

Recoded is good. Only the GBA version of Com is worth playing

Vanilla KH1 > Vanilla KH3 > Vanilla KH2
People often forget vanilla KH2 had it's fair share of problems

Attached: SullyvsAnime.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

Still triggers me that Terra doesn't look right. Yeah I know, she looks like her concept art, still looks kinda off to me

Vanilla KH2 is fine. It’s the same game as FM with less post game content and slightly worse balancing.

So why not Wakka, Tidus and that grill when they go back to the island?

I genuinely don't know what you're asking, but I assume you're asking that happened to them?
In KH2 they show Selphie, who mentions Tidus and Wakka and how they don't go to the island as much anymore. Basically it's assumed they just kinda live on the mainland now.

Okay. But look at every level that isn't Hollow Bastion or Traverse Town.

At the end of 3 when they are all on the island they could have atleast invited the gang

>no dodge roll
That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

>we couldn't have the game with based Sully and the FF protagonists
Fuck you Disney and fuck you Nomura

They are better

You have plenty of options without dodge roll and 2FM can be beaten without ever unlocking dodge roll either. If anything, 2 was better for not encouraging dodge spam like the other games do.

They hadn't appeared for like, over a decade. At some point I don't know why you expected it.

Will we ever get to explore Soras home world?

We're explored Destiny Islands before.
If you mean the main island where like, his mom lives, probably not. It'd just be a normal village on an island. Plus then they'd have to address Sora or Riku's parents

Everybody knows CoM is the best game!

Because handheld interquels =/= main console games. The expectations are different.

Kingdom Hearts is clearly Soras home world, its the end game

>Because handheld interquels =/= main console games.
Ok? They still hadn't appeared in over a decade, user. Are you retarded?

1 captured the charm of a disney/square crossover so well. 2 ruined with organization garbage, on top of 500 mini-games stuffed in every 3 seconds.

>2 ruined with organization garbage, on top of 500 mini-games stuffed in every 3 seconds
Uh doesn't KH2 have like, 7 mini-games total?
And most of them are optional in the tutorial?

No, It's got like 18. Pot training, Skateboarding, Gift Wrapping, Light Cycle, Atlantica, Carpet Race, plus the 6 in TT, and another 6 in 100 Acre wood.

Two mini games world
Mini games in every world
Triangle fights are basically minigames
If you cut out minigames and cutscenes each world is 3 minutes for each visit. And the second visit is always just organization garbage. I brute-forced replaying it last year.

KH without disney worlds isnt KH

Dude those 6 in TT include some of the ones you just listed
>Triangle fights are basically minigames
No they're not

So I don't get it, why lie if it's easily provable

Hollow Bastion in KH1 is the best world in any KH game

False. 2 would be a better game without the Disney filler.

>Cargo Climb
>Grandstander
>Bumble-Buster
>Poster Duty
>Mail Delivery
>Junk Sweep
No it doesn't? Also I forgot Struggle., but there's only 5 Pooh minigames so my count is still correct.

Wrong

>ReCom and CoM over anything
low bait

358 barely had any Disney in it and sucked balls
you went to those worlds but there was a 90% focus on the organization's business in them, not the troubles of the respective Disney characters

Did you just like, skip all the cutscenes?

nope, it has great BGM but the sewers and elevators were boring and looked like shit aside from the big one that flies in front of the Great Crest
Radiant Garden in KH2 and BBS look and play a lot better than that

good post

358 has the worst filler problem in the series.

Honestly, I like the edgy Org stuff that was introduced in 2, the problem is that most of the Disney stuff that distracted from the plot. If they incorporated the Disney aspects as elegantly as they did in Space Paranoids, it wouldn’t be an issue.

comfy

Ahem

2FM > 3 > 1FM > BBS/Re:Coded/2.8/CoM/Days > Re:CoM >> DDD

I think 1 was the last game squaresoft made, or one of the last

KH1 Sora: friendly, flawed, deep thinker, strong conviction
Kh2 Sora: friendly, idiot
Kh3 Sora: friendly, idiot, wuss.

> the story about friendships and straight-forward good vs bad story is less shonen
what the fuck are you on about? KH1's story is basic at best and you could get it from any other shitty shonen manga.

i got to toy story world and stopped. 3 just sucks

DDD Sora is the biggest wuss. KH3 is at least sassy. Also
>KH1
>deep thinker
wut

Idiot

All I ever really cared about in the series was the plot/music/visuals, and KH3/BBS/DDD completely ruined it. KH3 most of all, because KH3 made me feel like a total retard for ever caring about the series period. The gameplay's been fun in every title, but holy fuck those three games took all the investment I'd built up in the game's world since KH1 and threw it into the fucking garbage. At least KH3 was pretty from a visual standpoint.

Attached: sad_pillow_cat.jpg (512x384, 19K)

>KH3 is at least sassy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*breaks down sobbing*

>KH3 is at least sassy.
Literally only in the Frozen world.

>Sora at the end of Never Land thinking about Kairi
>Sora verbally destroying Riku in Monstro & Hollow Bastion

hey guys OP here sorry but I mixed my games I actually meant
KH2 > KH1 > KH3

I like the gameplay of 2 and Re:Coded, but I agree. Ever since I got into this whole Xehanort Saga, I wanted 3 to be the ARPG to end all ARPGs. I wanted the final battle to be MGS4 tier in terms of pure kino, but that’s not what we got. I can’t help but feel I’ve wasted 13 years of my life following this series when KH2 would have made a much better conclusion.

story
1 > 2 > 3

gameplay
2 > 1 > 3

I don't care about the series anymore anyway so it's all shit at the core

bbs>kh2>days>kh1>kh3>ddd>>>recoded

KH1 had a lot of deep moments while never coming off as pretentious.

Attached: iuguiguig.jpg (1118x623, 126K)

How long untill they remake KH1 and KH2 in the KH3 engine

well it's not like his friends all get killed in the other games

They literally do in the KH1 and he takes that shit in stride and goes adventuring to look for them.

358/2 Days had one of the best stories

If you did not understand it or meme the ice cream line you are a brainlet who cannot into storytelling

If you only watched the movie instead of playing the game you missed out on a once in a lifetime experience

Attached: 1552678497844.jpg (512x512, 60K)

that's mostly because Sora started off knowing absolutely NOTHING about anything at all
by the time KH2 happens he's already seen some shit and wouldn't get surprised as often

2 had some too. Roxas’ story is a great little tragedy for what it is.

In fact, KH1 and 2 were laden with this air of mystery and ambiguity that made them really foreboding. That foreboding atmosphere vanished in the future games.

>358/2 Days had one of the best stories
Not while it focuses on that garbage deviantart self insert it doesn't.

Attached: C3bv7ANXUAIMHdM.jpg (667x466, 45K)

no they don't?
Sora grieves Goofy for the entirety of one string of scripted fights then comes back
the only times he felt really bad were when Dolan and Goofy left him due to Riku stealing his keyblade, also when he realized he fucked up against YX

KH2 had no mystery because there was no payoff. From more or less the beginning you have 'the Organization is trying to collect hearts' and nothing really changes. I'd argue that KH3 had more mystery than KH2 did (clarification: I'm NOT saying KH3 had a lot of mystery).

CoM is the king of mystery/foreboding atmosphere, with KH1 in a distant second.

Nail on the head

The first was about a kid going being transported to all the Disney worlds we watched as kids, it was literally a kids dream

Then it turned into anime bullshit with a convoluted story, less Disney and more anime shit

That’s actually why I really liked 3 in the sense that it was less connected to the other KH games, up until the end at least

Pretty interesting that Xehanort is actually the self insert all along. Anyhow, I agree with OP to some extent but it's a bit soon to judge 3, although I can say it has radically better level design and world design than all of 2 by its vanilla release. I ended up not liking how the characters looked and it didn't get to use complex lightning that often beyond the final fight, which is mostly what excited me about UE4 in KH. The character designs just don't fit.

I wish every KH game was like KH1

>no they don't?
They disappear the exact same way everyone vanishes into the tornado.

How come no other track was as good as Traverse Town? Peak comfy

Attached: imagev1b4fd1af7e795b465c3504be369a79ea6-ttslvno5b3757c52es2_ct834x465.jpg (834x464, 36K)

The 6 days as Roxas are ambiguous to the point that they alienate some players. The station of awakening is also foreboding as always. There’s a lot less mystery in 2, but until you leave Twilight Town for the first time they dial the mystery up to 11 and Roxas’ story also has the added benefit of adding an extra layer of context to Sora’s adventures. That layer being that Sora is killing all of Roxas’ former co-workers without realising it.

>figuring out a dozen life lessons over the course of several days

>CoM is the king of mystery/foreboding atmosphere,
It also has the best and most "contained" characters of the whole series. Marluxia, Namine, Replica Riku and Vexen are very outstanding characters. In comparison, 2 and the rest of the games are very half baked.

youtube.com/watch?v=zs9pygUbQA0

when do they get in a situation like that in KH1?
"disappearing" is being disingenuous, it's pretty clear they are being killed at that point

The only reason people constantly fellate KH2 is because of the post game that was added in final mix. Vanilla KH2 was an easy piece of style over substance garbage that forever ruined the plot direction of the franchise.
>HURR BUT IT'S HARD ON CRITICAL 0 EXP
Yes but that didn't exist in Vanilla. Even Proud Mode was a joke and spawned the whole 'Spam X and then triangle to win' meme.

Anyone who defends Vanilla KH2 has not played it in the last 10 years.

>it's pretty clear they are being killed at that point
It really isn't, because up until this point "dying" has never been a thing. When a heartless kills you you become a Heartless and a Nobody. Sora had absolutely zero reason to believe anyone had actually "died" except for Nomura not knowing how to write his all is lost meme moment for the trailer.

People only like KH1FM because they havn't played KH1 vanilla since they were kids

Yep. KH1 has a better story and better world/level design. The Disney villains are actually relevant. 2 and 3 feel like shitty animes with some Disney thrown in as a side thing.

KH2 is the best gameplay wise.
KH3 has no redeeming qualities.

KH3 had less but it also has the one i'd rate the highest out of every game (The Final World) desu.

>KH3 has no redeeming qualities.
Thats just untrue

List some.

Oh I'll concede that the introduction with Roxas is really well done. I just assumed that when said
>KH2 [was] laden with this air of mystery and ambiguity that made [it] really foreboding
the implication was that this persisted for more than the first 2% of the game.

As a person who played PAL KH1 on release, what difference is really there outside of the lack of analogue camera support? The game's mostly the same.

t. bandwagonning zoomers
3 is trash and so are you.

They changed all the synth recipes and they remixed all the music for the HD remake, they also reskinned a bunch of heartless

If you didnt notice then you didnt fucking play vanilla KH1

I still liked the idea some user posted prerelease about Sora trying to fuck the prophecy shit six ways from Sunday by going nuclear and soloing the 13 darknesses himself more than what we got.

-Pirates world in general
-Form Changes
-Fanservice for your favorite character. It doesn't matter who your favorite character is, literally ALL of them get at least one great moment.
-youtube.com/watch?v=k7yESis3lKw

>He played KH2 on release and remembers that it doesn't hold up very well
>I know! I'll call him a bandwagoner and say he just started with 3!
Might want to rethink your logic there champ.

>Pirates world in general
Boring piece of shit that just played a bunch of movie scenes without context, don't you dare try to defend that awful fucking Davy Jones boss.
>Form Changes
Inferior to Drive forms.
>Fanservice for your favorite character. It doesn't matter who your favorite character is, literally ALL of them get at least one great moment.
And all of them are rushed and unearned.
>youtube.com/watch?v=k7yESis3lKw
HAHAH le funny meme scene, Woody acted OOC to shit on an OC, GENIUS.

I thought you meant actual Final Mix dude, not 1.5 Final Mix. The HD music, of course. The reskins are a thing that doesn't change the game that much at all beyond it having a slightly different colour scheme (debatably worse one for certain moments, like the knight fights in Traverse Town).

As for recipees... well, I never did do too much alchemy because it seemed like a guide/farm bait. Outed as a casual.

Only zoomers that jumped into the series with the collections shit on the original releases, try again newfag.

>knight fight
its called Guard Armour you cazzie

I expected something from Kairi and got JACK SHIT beyond some confirmation ship nonsense without any reasonable buildup. The bait of her KH1 personality coming back in KH2.8 was fucking huge.

WHy does KH3 make zoomers seeth so much?

Hehe.

>zoomers
Boomers are the ones rightfully shitting on 3 for shitting on everything that made the series great. Zoomers suck it's dick because NEW GRAFIX.

sething zoomer

Did you play KH1 or 2 first

I'm a 30 yo boomer and I enjoyed KH3 de su.

>It really isn't, because up until this point "dying" has never been a thing.
it's pretty clear you've never played these games if you truly believe that
Xion and Axel were believed to be dead all the way up to DDD and even then, Xion's resurrection was treated as just a theory

You got lost in Tarzan vine area didn't you?

>Xion
Someone Sora doesn't know. no one remembers, and was not even a real human but a replica made of memories.
>Axel
Yes, who was a Nobody and not killed by Heartless but by burning himself off like a nuke. Everyone who got demolished in 3 was full human.

They weren't though. When the advertised these huge areas I was excited to find secrets and shit ala KH1. But they were empty as fuck. Especially BH6. We should have gotten the street with the cafe, connect to bridge, which leads to the city.

I never got the hate for the Tarzan and Alice levels, they are pretty ingenious levels and they have some nice features like the vine minigame or the whole discovering things from different perspectives.

>I wanted 3 to be the ARPG to end all ARPGs.
You're better than me, I wanted KH3 to be the messiah of vidya that would bring back that feel of AA games again

KH1 worlds ranked

1. Traverse Town
2. Hollow Bastion
3. Halloween Town
4. Agraba
5. Neverland
6. Wonderland
7. Deep Jungle
8. Monstro
9. End of Worlds
10. Olympus
11. Atlantica

KH1 Final Mix is a masterpiece, BBS was pretty kino

Attached: kh tier list.png (1216x370, 163K)

>not human so it doesn't count
why are you moving the goalpost?
it's pretty clear that the point being discussed is whether someone truly died up to that point and it happened. you even acknowledge it.

it had SOUL

>why are you moving the goalpost?
Are you fucking retarded? Genuinely?

Based list

>BBS was pretty kino
I still remember the non-stop threads when it got released in JP and people freaking out over Terra's final boss or the Vanitas reveal.

KH2 is what ruined the series

>kh1 thread
I'll take a drawing request maybe. Please be easy

Attached: bless.jpg (1023x950, 62K)

>literally makes up rules to determine these deaths don't count
>ur retarded
nice to see you've run out of arguments

1, CoM, and 2 is a perfect trilogy. Everything after that is Nomura's gay headcanon and not even worth mentioning.

It must be easy to hold onto your beliefs if you literally ignore anything that contradicts them.

I played Kingdom Hearts in 2004 (Greatest Hits version) and then bought the second game on release week. I actually played CoM first since one of my friends in middle school lent it to me because it was, in his words, 'similar to Battle Network'. I didn't own a PS3 so I only had the originals, replayed KH1 maybe three or four times, never touched KH2 after beating it.

You mean CoM. That's what introduced all the chuuni nonsense like the Orgy or Namine's ability to control memories.

your opinion is fucking garbage

Please explain how the death of a Nobody, someone who's already been split into that and a Heartless, dying is the same as a full human being killed by Heartless of which there is no basis for actual "death". Take your time, I'll wait.

Terra fighting cloud like in the Sm4sh poster

Attached: Terra vs Cloud request.jpg (1500x1082, 459K)

>2004 (Greatest Hits version)
>I actually played CoM first since one of my friends in middle school lent it to me
So your opinion means nothing then?

That one was fairly well written while 2 introduced Sora's drastic incapability to understand shit around him even if it's spelled out for him over and over.

>anons itt shitting on KH3 but praising garbage like BBS
Yea Forums has truly has fallen to darkness

Kairi age progression.

Attached: 1528774827094.png (1300x1000, 829K)

Shit dude I already gave up on that one

KH3 is just slightly better than BBS and thats not saying much.

90% legs

She's not Bayonetta, that's like 70% leg at worst.

KH3 was a disappointment in the making
BBS was just meh

>praising garbage like BBS
Where? The only praise I see it getting is "well at least it's not the absolute worst".

KH3 was such a dissapointment but completely on trend from the shitshows that were BBS and DDD

>BBS was just meh
Someone wasn't there when the full secret video of KH2 was dropped on Youtube

>Sora loses all his power again
>Kairi's training to be a keyblade goober too
>For some insane reason, Yen Sid doesn't pair them up to explore the worlds together, strengthen up together, and then have two Sora-tier keyblade wielders ready for the final battle

I jus dun geddit

An user called it kino a few posts above

To be fair, expectations were halved when it was announced as a PSP game.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>kairi doesn't get a disney pal at all
>no destiny island trio final battle

words cannot express my disappointment

Attached: 1559722182794.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

their deaths were treated as permanent up to that point, specially Xion given her circumstances.
the loss their friends felt is thoroughly expressed in the cutscenes where they address that situation. it is considered just as much of a death as the "whole" characters dying in KH3.
the fact that it gets retconned in the sequel doesn't mean they don't count anymore. what matters is what the game conveyed at that point and it drove away pretty clearly the point that they were gone forever. same goes for the people at Castle Oblivion and TWTNW at those points in time

Every other game that exists > KH1= KH2 = KH3

hair
KH1 is 7/10
KH2 is 9/10
KH3 is 5/10
chest
KH1 is 9/10
KH2 is 8/10
KH3 is 7/10
legs
KH1 is 6/10
KH2 is 6/10
KH3 is 8/10
outfit
KH1 is 5/10
KH2 is 6/10
KH3 is 8/10

Yeah, referring to the ending scenes and nothing more. Maybe ask him to expand on his comments before painting a whole thread with his stupidity.

Kino list

SHIT >>>>> POWER GAP >>>>>>>>>> KH2 > KH1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KH3

>No final world with Sora, Riku and Kairi as one team and Terra, Aqua, Ventus as a second team, (and presumably, Mickey by himself) with you switching between the two as each team opens the paths up for the other

forever dissapointed

So you have absolutely no concept of how death works in the KH universe then, why are you even trying to argue at this point?

objectively true

Yen Sid doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to decision making. Remember this is the guy who showed up to the final battle AFTER the first world line got destroyed/everyone dying.
Think Nomura will ever reverse his stance on reaction commands? As fun as 3 is to play I sorely missed all the bits of spice they added.

Attached: SV8klulp.jpg (1280x896, 126K)

>KH3 didn't give us 3 different scenarios with Sora/Riku/Kairi as playable characters
>Kairi wasn't the one who saved Aqua with her Princess of Light powers
>Riku wasn't the one who saved Terra even after DDD's setup
Fuck Sora, HE is the worst thing in the series.

BBS, DDD and KH3 can be considered bad, but they're for pretty different reasons. One is dull and drags on forever until copying what essentially amounts to its trailer and doing bosses out of it, the other has relatively decent level design but is broken on almost all accounts and is bonkers on a narrative level.

3 is just underwhelming in its execution of most things related to the actual plot because it compresses everything in the last few hours, and while its level design is heaps above any KH after 2, that one last world is fucking garbage also while being way too lenient on difficulty. I can kind of understand these things because it's the first game in the series to have some sort of importance with advertising in the scheme of S-E as a business since 1 dropped.

>people defending the QTE garbo that is KH2
What happened Yea Forums? Only a few years ago you all shat on it quite regularly

>press triangle to win

Play on critical retard

maybe in your dreams, but Yea Forums always had quite a lot of people like the gameplay of KH2FM

Maybe stop being a meme spewing NPC.

>just press triangle bro

Attached: 1538545791660.png (600x594, 213K)

Why do KH2 babs actually think KH2 is hard?

It is pretty hard with the stuff added in Final Mix. Even then, Sephiroth is a pretty fair challenge.

it's not hard, the gameplay is good and lets you choose by yourself the difficulty of the game

because it's easily the hardest game in the series by a wide margin

the only thing I actually enjoy in these games is the workshop so in terms of grinding mats and making fun accessories and shit
KH3 = 2FM > 358 = Re:Com > 1FM
CoM doesn't have it but farming good cards was nice

I think I agree when it comes to story, atmosphere and tone.

Although KH2's intro with Roxas and the was great, and the Final World in KH3 and secret ending was great.

Birth by Sleep should have been called 0 and made for the ps3.

>trying use content from an expansion pack that wasn't available in the West for nearly a decade
Stop
You're embarrassing yourself

youtu.be/tYs_zP5jM2I?t=135

Literally just press X if you set up correctly.

Try KH1 on level 1 crit

it definitely isn't.
Critical mode peaks at the very beginning and melts away fast as you level up and get shit like Leaf Bracer

I don't know about age progression but here's kh1 Kairi.

Attached: gairi.png (1467x2048, 2.3M)

Unreal Engines default look is plastic anyway

Nailed the particular hand-head proportion the original designs had, but you could work that right leg better. Nice job!

>level 1
for what purpose? does the game unlock anything for it?
might as well establish KH3 as the hardest game in the series. try beating it with your feet and with your eyes closed

The plot isn't compressed to the last few hours. There os storybetween every Disney world. Look at the theater menu, they're all called the interval chapters.

The only part of KH3 that really bothered me was how it was like they spent all their time on Disney worlds and neglected any of their original worlds. It was almost like they were afraid of overshadowing Disney or something. Everything in Radiant Garde was relegated to cutscenes. Twilight Town was tiny. Scala Au Caelum immediately turns into a boss fight despite a massive amount of detail.

Almost everything else peoppe complain didn't bother me or at least wasnt q deal breaker.

>the game in not hard see, I went out of my way to set up a glitch and killed the boss only because of it

Literally the only thing in your post is qspewed meme.

Attached: karatsukinumemoncard.jpg (360x480, 46K)

>There os storybetween every Disney world.
Yeah... that's not the best way to pace a story isn't it? As for overshadowing Disney, it makes total sense isn't it? It's the first major game since 2, and it seems almost too eager to please (and burn) every big hitter Disney has had in the last few years. Maybe they were just creating a lot of assets to be able to do a sequel faster and cheaper with a bit more creative freedom (haphazardly cutting storylines, the secret ending...), but seeing how Nomura is tied to FF7 for the next half a decade being conservative, it doesn't seem likely.

I loved how we went back to a 1:1 recreation of Traverse Town with added bits in DDD. It really made it feel like it was massive all along. I also lived the idea that it appears to people without a home now, and Julius is living in the sewers.

>negative combo setup is a glitch
if the game deliberately offers you tools and you use them as intended, it's not a glitch
you earn the skills and the weapon necessary to do it, you execute commands that don't require circumventing the system, the enemy reacts exactly as expected as consequence of what's being done.
Terra is not the only stunlockable enemy in the game. Stunlocking is not a glitch just because you say so.

>1:1 recreation of Traverse Town with added bits in DDD
DD ruined Traverse Town

Nigga is u serious? Hallow Bastion

Well then blame Kingdom Heart's formula that started 15 years ago and suck my dick because that's how every game is.

>and level design
Nigga, hold on. WHAT level design?

>I also lived the idea that it appears to people without a home now
>now
wasn't that always the case? Leon's gang explain to you how they got there because they lost their home planet. Tidus also shows up.

Thank you for the feedback.

Attached: gairi2.png (1411x2048, 1.91M)

How?

the fact that the boss doesn't react to your combo is a glitch, though

By adding shit tier stuff

>Chain of Memories that high
I can respect that.
>Re:coded that low
I can't respect that. It's more fun to play than 80% of the other games.

Oh wait yeah you're right my memory is awful. When does Tidus show up? I only remember Merlin, Fairy Godmother, the FF gang and Gepetto and Pinocchio.

I felt the same, damn. The additional areas were so sprawling and empty and did not fit the theme of the original.

Attached: K.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

just because doesn't fulfill your expectations, it doesn't mean the missing counter move is a glitch.
glitches are exploits. you can't exploit what never existed in the first place.
if said mve existed, Square would have patched it to work properly

KH1 > KH1FM

1 and 2 weren't THAT barebones structurally in terms of balancing Disney and "the plot". And 2 was REALLY pushing it in that sense. 3 just had a single solitary scene between worlds before getting on with it and blowing its load. Admittedly, for half of the game, the Disney interactions were much much better than anything in 2.

People who rate re:coded that low have never played re:coded.

>I felt the same, damn
>The additional areas were so sprawling and empty and did not fit the theme of the original.
Which is it

>Square Enix
>patching their ported game
they only patched the save glitch because everyone was asking for it and it still took them several months

To be fair, 2.8 or whatever reduced it to a movie. I can see how that would be the case.

I legit miss the whimsical atmosphere that they had for KH1. It made everything look so magical and weird. 12 years old emo me loved it to hell and back.

Attached: Hollow_Bastion_(Art).png (720x1337, 1.26M)

Do tell me why. Is it the heartless colour scheme?

Not bad at all, pretty clean lineart, congrats. Consider inking it.

he shows up immediately at the beginning when you arrive there
he's at the town square's central lamp post or near the mailbox

One thing I hate about KH3 is that they use a lot of new movies I have absolutely no attachment too. It's not Nomura's.faulr but modern Disney is horrible. And Disney is so restrictive with their licenses. I really enjoyed Toy Story but it's weird and sad that Pixar wont let then do movie plots. We'll never see something like Up now. Which I think was the last Disney movie I actually enjoyed.

I agree with this.
Why did they change nearly all of the models? Sora's old model looks so much better than the remake.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 122K)

That's just a palette swap. Same with Wakka in Agrabah. For all we know Tidus is a goner.

It's both. Almost all the world's in DDD are senselessly huge and flat.

What even was that thing under the castle?

I really likes flow motion so I likes that about the worlds. And I am.more forgiving of emptiness because it was a 3DS game. I really likes the dream and festival night time aesthetic the whole game had too. So it made sense TT was like that in DDD.

To me anyways

>Atlantica
>worst
FUCK
OUT
OF
HERE

FUCK. How can you think that Deep Jungle is better than Atlantica? What the actual fuck. Olympus Colosseum is just a damn room, and End of the World is just a series of rooms. The only passable part of Agrabah is the Cave of Wonders. It should not be that damn high. HOW.

>KH1 world ranking
Hollow Bastion > Atlantica(yes I'm goddamn serious > Halloween Town(only the first time) > Traverse Town > HAW > Monstro > Wonderland > Monstro > Olympus > Deep Jungle > End of the World

Movie coded is really awful compared to the game.

Attached: EA52xh8WsAUMkGJ.jpg (750x644, 73K)

Agrabah's above Monstro, just because you don't have to go back.
Oh, I'm sure. I'm glad I've taken the time out to play Re:coded. It was way better than I expected. It's shitting on BBS.

t. neptune

retard

I think it's an upside down castle covered on crystals?

I don't like gay theory but this one makes a lot of sense
youtube.com/watch?v=Neau6ttz6Bk
I hate how this world had so much potential yet absolutely everything is disconnected and is missing a crapton of content. you spend 70% of the time climbing a snow mountain and falling, then climbing again.
the ice castle isn't even Elsa's castle.
they don't even show Hans's face.
they don't even let you explore the town itself despite the world's name being that fucking place.

1FM =/= 1FM HD. You can still play that with a PS2. As for your questions, they lost the original files and decided to use some of the models they had handy from DDD to save time. The game looks nearly identical beyond Sora and Ansem, though, it's an almost spotless remaster.

I, too, liked catching the dolphin and the inmense power trip of being able to swim fast through rapids.

They should've ported the GBA COM and remade Days and Coded

Atlantica was really fun for me the first time I played it. The magic dwindled after I learned the exact room progression I needed to follow. For some reason, replaying other worlds didn't get as hard with this for me.
I don't get all the hate for kh1 Atlantica. I know there's no block but you should be taking out most enemies with ranged magic anyways.

You can just skip the world you know

I am retarded. I listed Monstro twice. Agrabah should be where the second Monstro is: behind Wonderland.

Ihavent watches thar video yet but it makes sense. Laexene could have been like a Palpatine to Elsa tempting her to hurt people, or like her antagonist since there wasnt really one in the movie.

Disney and Frozen's writers are very anal about Frozen because it made so much money. Big Hero 6's writers told Nomura they could do almost anything they wanted and we got Dark Baymax and a really nice cutscene...it was just a meh movie I didnt see when it was out so I sidner care that much which is a shame.

>skipping worlds
>ever

Attached: 1558178795746.jpg (500x281, 26K)

Your list is retarded

I don't think days nor coded needs a remake. I'm saying this as a huge coded fag. An HD port would be serviceable for me.
If I'm replaying kh1 for nostalgia why would I skip an experience? I don't dislike it.

Atlantica is pointless

Why would I miss
HMMMM
VERY TASTY

Fucking based, that's actually really good.

it has a keyhole and that's all that matters

Attached: 1546894204349.png (1440x1080, 661K)

You get a whole keyblade from it. And a thunder upgrade. Not to mention, Ariel is the best goddamn party member in the game that isn't Beast.

>no Sora you still can't go save Aqua yet, we need to stall some more, go visit more Disney worlds despite learning everything you need after Olympus
That's not really story.

Why the fuck is KH1 so comfy?

also look how Toy Story's world is 90% comprised of that store, when PS1's Toy Story 2 had a gigantic amount of content they could take inspiration when making more places to go.
and Big Hero 6 being an empty GTA where all you can do is run up buildings
and Pirates of the Caribbean being a Black Flag demo on Easy Mode
and to top it off, Scala ad Caelum being literally a single room. as soon as you advance to the next one, you get scripted combat all the way to the end credits. that place had potential to be the next Hollow Bastion in terms of explorable areas.
hell, they even took away the little areas Land of Departure had.

Simple premise, good execution. Didn't go full retard yet.

kh1 plays like shit compared to 2 but its better than all the handheld garbage

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

YOU DONT HEAR ME SAY

There is a very big point.

Attached: 161944.png (1217x2048, 1002K)

The fact that we didn't get to explore at least a little bit of Castle Oblivion before it turned back into LoD will forever burn my ass.

Attached: EAk5Y55U8AAukGM.jpg (315x261, 8K)

How can someone be so wrong

Are you implying any of the handheld games are better than 1?

Irrefutably, kh2fm fags are the meleefags of KH.

DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE YOU

BUT DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO MEET YOUR FATHER?

youtube.com/watch?v=w_woaOKRmew

He had to learn the Power of Wanking and where else would he go but to but that ho Elsa?

I don't even get how kh1fm is considered better than 2 when the additional bosses are shit and kh1 just plays way worse in general

Toy Story had all those individual stores though. I ain't defending anything else though.

and the organization made it clear that the spot where Ventus was sleeping was pretty deep inside. Xemnas has been looking for the chamber of waking for a long time and couldn't reach it, so he went to the chamber in Radiant Garden instead to talk to Aqua's armor
combined with the fact you got to explore a lot of Castle Oblivion in CoM, this would have been a good excuse to expand it with the new path to reach the place where Aqua left him.

They were literally all the same empty store with different skins on the walls and shelves, only area worth a damn was the playground and by that point the mech combat was long past grating.

that part felt like I was playing Toy Story 2 but all you could play was Al's Toy Barn stage.
and Verum Rex sucked ass. I didn't even bother playing it more times to farm medals with Lucky Strike.

nah man, the only different area was that one for toddlers because of the ball pit and those tunnels. all the other shops were the exact same rooms and shelves with a different color
and don't get me started on the mechs, they were everywhere

How can one boi be so hot...
...and so cute?

>Texture face Sora is hot and cute
That's a pretty based take, I'll have to agree.

Attached: EAk4VEzWkAAn0SV.png (691x388, 290K)

KH2 is my fav personally, but as long as KH3 is last ill agree

UX > BBS > KH1 = 0.2 > CoM = Days > KH2 > coded > DDD > KH3

AND SAID AND SAID AND SAID
OH
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB
god I hate these remixes

Heh

It just works.

Attached: d4pzqlm-1b20adbc-d862-435e-87b1-db02d158d04e.jpg (600x463, 41K)

>KH2 is what ruined the series

Attached: kh2_ruined_everything.jpg (763x1100, 558K)

WHEN YOIU WALK AWAY

>obviously the best game is bbs, the gameplay is obviously superior, the best cast of new characters and the plot is finally being worked correctly

I must not be taking my pills.

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

>GET ON HYDRA'S BACK
I can't get over the fact he is mute in KH3. the silence immediately reminds me why it happened and it ruins my mood

swooooosh
OH

I want Pirate Sora's coat.

Attached: KINGDOM HEARTS Ⅲ_20190203053150.jpg (3840x2160, 791K)

I'm still amazed on how good the pirates world looks like

Attached: Satan approves.gif (500x375, 466K)

I love how that world gave you basically a sample of everything Black Flag had but easier and shorter
people at Square must be AssCreed fans, FFXV's event was also pretty good

I don't know why but the KH3 artstyle just feels more soul less compared to the other 2 KH games. Is this cause the game was focused on Pixar instead of animated films so they had to make the artstyle look more like pixar?

It's because the series essentially used the same artstyle, graphics and character models from KH1 through to DDD, so 12 years. We all just got used to it.

More or less, the other games worked with what they had and they fucking cranked that shit. The texture work alone is a goddamn masterpiece, with 3 they just slapped some default UE4 shaders on shit and called it a day a lot of stuff looks like plastic and you can tell it wasn't fully finished.

Attached: FeMarluxia.jpg (960x540, 42K)

you just feel that way because it only changed in that game. all the rest is a sequence of slight improvements over KH1 that had as basis the same quality as FFX's models. see how their eyes look and blink. see how their mouths move.
however, the characters indeed look better when they are in environments that suit them, such as Corona or the OC places like Twilight Town
the only place that doesn't suit them yet looks great is the Caribbean

All three are bad

I'll be frank I think it's more that we are so used to seeing PS2 models being up and down and all around in quality that seeing KH3 is mindblowing. Seriously it's a huge generational jump

Basically this. We never had 7th gen models or worlds. Only 6th gen up until they made 0.2/KH3.

It's really fucking sad that what started as a magical fantasy epic featuring beloved childhood characters and engaging original storyline and characters turned into the 2deep4u bastard love child of Naruto, Bleach, and Star Wars with Disney IPs shoved in and shitty one-note characters being shoved into your face every single game.

There's no Star Wars in KH.

Attached: you're kidding, right?.jpg (612x633, 44K)

A reminder that the series ended at KH2 and everything after it is just a bad fangame.

it's really fucking sad that people have to make up excuses to shit on loong franchises as if they'd totally love if a series of over 10 games stayed with the exact same cast and totally wouldn't whine about it being uninspired.
please explain how KH draws elements from these series you mentioned.

Really?

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1366x768, 141K)

>Hey, remember in KH1 when there was a huge emphasis on the Keyblade being one mystical item?
>Nah, fuck that they're just lightsabers and the weilders are Jedi.
Also BBS being a rehash of the prequels, but without any redeeming value whatsoever.

>YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE TERRA!
>YOU WERE MEAN TO DESTROY THE DARKNESS NOT JOIN IT!
>I HATE YOU!

Attached: Terra's plot.png (1200x675, 702K)

Both Naruto and especially Bleach are as shounenshit as you can get, which KH now is.

let him come with Mr. Fantastic levels of stretch over how the relationship dynamics of the main cast work just like Luke, Leia and Solo, how Ansem is totally like Vader and Star Wars invented space ships
>multiple keyblades=lightsabers
fucking called it hahahaha

At least Anakin had somewhat decent reasons as to why he went bonkers and wasn't as fucking stupid.

there were literally 3 goddamn keyblades in 1 with ways of making more

Shit like Olympus just looks terrible though, there's clearly an artstyle difference between the other games that make KH3 more friendly to pixars half cartoon half realistic approach to things.

Attached: XoxXZDdfL4vV4sknZGee7W.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

>Hey, remember in KH1 when there was a huge emphasis on the Keyblade being one mystical item?
No. Especially since there was three of them already in KH1.

Fact!

Actually I don't know, I never played KH3. KH2 and COM were so bad that they killed any interest I had with this series.

Are they still time traveling or some shit?

It's almost like 2D doesn't translate well to 3D

let's not forget how Master Xehanort started the battle against the BBS cast by elevating the floor around him all the way up near the size of a building
and then he tried to pull the same tactic against Sora in KH3
high ground does work sometimes

Hercules just doesn't work in 3D unfortunately. Though I think it's safe to say we've finally seen the tail end of that world.

Even then it was just Sora and Mickey having real Keyblades and the faux one Riku got in his second fight.

But it translated just fine in all the other games.

Olympus didn't even work for Hercules himself, he looks weird, look at that potato face
also fuck Square for not including an arena in that game despite the world still being called Olympus COLISEUM

In story quality, yeah I agree with this

5 if you add Roxas dual wielding in the secret ending.

There was no reason at the time to believe he didn't just steal Mickey and Sora's, that would explain why Riku was fighting him.

He's the best

Attached: 906.jpg (640x360, 38K)

not really

Even twilight town looks more pixary compared to the other versions of twilight town

Attached: Kingdom-Hearts-3-Twilight-2.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>faux
nigga that keyblade was the definitive proof that keyblades aren't such a special one-of-a-kind mystical chosen one thingy
hell, the fact you couldn't even tell how Mickey got his own should have convinced you otherwise

The textures are good but I think there should be a bit more color to them that's all.

Attached: tumblr_mup6rsYwKK1sr5qg5o1_500.jpg (500x558, 64K)

Yes really.

Attached: HerculesKHII.png (375x876, 322K)

Nomura was probably so pissed at Disney for butchering Star Wars with The Last Jedi he decided to take his anger out on KH3.

Attached: 1529646085150.jpg (1920x808, 189K)

>can't go to the other part of the town
>can't go to sunset hill
>the usual spot
>sandlot
NOMURAAAAA

You can't even go up to the station. THE FUCKING STATION! WHY DOES EVERYTHING I LOVE HURT ME!

Attached: 540798-kh3commcover.jpg (1200x620, 377K)

>no seifer and gang

wtf nomura is this cause of disney?

I don't think so. Frozen being shit was definitely because of Disney though.

From a story perspective I agree
But I think it's more KH1 >>>>>>>>>>> KH2 > KH3

Nobodies being included and giving everyone and anyone a keyblade was fucking trash.

he's coming back in the sequel

Attached: soon.jpg (500x282, 21K)

Agreed

Though KH2's prologue was still kino

But 3 was ten years from then.

This was 13-14 years ago

you're talking about IRL years, but what if he means when Sora gets older?

there was literally nothing wrong with nobodies. It always bugged the hell out of me how incomplete the story about heartless felt until com/2 came out

Terra literally did nothing wrong

Attached: terra did nothing wrong.png (1187x785, 101K)

I mean, would you rather have playable adult Sora / Riku or a new generation?
we can't stay with Sora looking like that forever, considering he already aged up a few times

Attached: download(1).jpg (709x1127, 79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mFk6Xeiseqw

Sora's only aged once. He's still 15.

>how incomplete the story about heartless felt
How?

I want Sora to turn in to PUNISHED SORA and take on a mentor role

he also changed from KH2 to 3
sure it wasn't a time gap as long as CoM to 2 but it did

KH 3 is the worst numbered title for this reason alone. Why did they gimp THE fan favourite world?

>what happens when you kill them
>why do the bodies disappear
>why was sora the only one restored
>why was nobody bothered by the rest not being restored

It was fine until sora came back in hollow bastion. That's when all the flags went up. Sora being fine or getting off free due to luck while you slaughtered hordes of would be innocent hearts just didn't sit right for the setting so there had to be more to the story

>what happens when you kill them
The heart moves on to the afterlife
>why do the bodies disappear
They die
>why was sora the only one restored
Because of Kairi's turbohax princess of light powers
>why was nobody bothered by the rest not being restored
Because it's assumed when someone falls to darkness they fucking die

No he isn't.

Xehanort's heartless and nobody look pretty different despite being the adult form of the same person.
Xemnas resembles Terra, or rather, an aged Terranort. Ansem in the other hand was only a formless ghost at the time he possessed Riku. Sure he has MX's dark skin, but he is quite different from Xemnas and what YX looks as he keeps growing up. Is he supposed to hint how Riku would look like when he's at his 30s?

Attached: terra.jpg (885x1080, 181K)

I always took Ansem's appearance as a mix of Xehanort, Riku, and Terranort but with no Terranort hair spikes, all of that went to Mansex instead

The original is the only one in the series that isn't embarrassingly cringe it all. It was an honest to god stroke of genius.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is dogshit
none of the levels are good and it feels like ass to play

KH2 is the only good game in the series