Finally bought this on sale and damn

Finally bought this on sale and damn...

This is easily Bethesda's best game since Skyrim.

Attached: fallout-4-wallpaper-4[1].jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21622
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

based...

Skyrim was the best elder scrolls since Oblivion.

Stop it.

This but unironically given you can ignore the horrible dialog system

Red rocket and you find a dog there get it DO YOU GET IT

Attached: 1557193547414.gif (300x168, 791K)

>since Skyrim
only competition is ESO, it's not that big of a deal

Attached: luigipilled.jpg (750x727, 289K)

>Bethesda's best game since Skyrim.
hmmm

1/10 op, low effort bait.

But Yea Forums's dumb enough now to bite.

bougie

It's a big improvement for Bethesda on a technical level such as visuals and shit but FO4's design structure (kill loot return) and story/writing are horrendous.

fallout 4 is unironically the best game bethesda has ever made

The sequence where you're standing on the rooftop in the power armor raining hell with the mini gun is one of the most embarrassing scenes in video games.

Like they clearly thought this would be some sort of epic gamer moment but they only manage to
>Shit on any hope this might be an RPG, lol here's the best equipment, go nuts
>Demonstrate combat in Gamebryo still feels fucking weird, go figure
>Make the player feel thoroughly and helplessly railroaded through the quest

Uninstalled around 5 minutes after this to be honest

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x723, 884K)

>kill loot return
That's how it was in each of their games since Morrowind.

>Bethesda
>ESO

Attached: 1558997893475.png (645x773, 37K)

Bethesda gets blamed for way to many shitty games they publish.
ESO isn't their fault.

Based, get ready for switch release soon my dear bethesda fans, while waiting, why don’t you give a look to our unique feature, the creation club.
Have fun anons.

yes it is, you are just an idiot.

what about 76?

ESO is unironically better than anything Bethesda has made in years.

I played this game for 3 hours until I never touched it again. My wife was so excited to get it at midnight and watch me play it until morning like when we were kids. This is the most disappointing game I've purchased since MCC. This generation fucking sucks

Attached: 1555983603142.jpg (1512x1347, 96K)

your settings look like shit

I was quite impressed with the last shit I took.

cringe

Fuck off Todd!

You must be one of those no fun straight up addicted to exaggeration on the internet husbands. I pity your family

i still can't believe that's an official hud and not something temporary from an alpha build. what were they thinking?

Fuck I thought OP was being clever and the statement is "this game is the best game since literally the last game they made" which is essentially a non-statement.

back to r*ddit zoom zoom

That's not saying much unless by "years" you mean almost a decade. Being better than Fallout 4 and 76 is the default prize any playable video game gets.

ESO is designed to fleece sheep.

It's better than Oblivion and Skyrim.

Haha I can imagine how much you were sucking the fun out of the moment for your wife. Complaining about stupid shit left and right

>Fallout 4
>fun

alright

Every MMO is designed to fleece sheep.

we both looked at each other and we were like
"this is shit" and went to bed
DMC5 was a much better purchase for day one. THAT shit was fun for everyone

I don't understand people who think Fallout 4 is fun

so what game has bethesda developed since skyrim that is better?
>Fallout Shelter
>Fallout 4
>Fallout 76
those are your choices...

It's honestly not bad for sinking 20 hours or so into but that's about all I could stomach. Perk system is neat at first and a deep story is basically non existent. Crafting system is absolute AIDS

Oh fuck off Todd.

Bethesda has NEVER made a good game
fact

Attached: 1564495307481.gif (500x370, 110K)

The combat is ass.
The lore is so bad the Loremaster they hired just threw up his hands and walked away
I guess if you are a fan of being nickel and dimed to death is fun then I can see why ESO is your jam.

>RPG ?
>World building ?
>Choice and Consequences ?
>Who gives a shit about those things
>No one have the time and attention span to play these Arpegis
>and we must showcase the power armor every single moment otherwise no one will buy our game

Attached: 1541859998166.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

ESO is particularly merciless.
A F2P business model in a B2P game
They sold a house for 200 US.

I mean good on them for finding the whales but it sucks for everybody else.

>The combat is ass.
>Vastly improved Skyrim combat with timed parries and magic that is actually viable
>Lore has been fixed and expanded upon to such an extent that it goes into more detail about the races and world than even Morrowind
Yep, better.

Yeah I kind of agree, that was the moment I realized I'd be playing something very different from the Fallout I was accustomed to and the whole badass quest climax thing they were going for rang hollow since it's literally like 30 minutes after you get out of the vault.

Isn't the combat based on animation cancelling because they can't fix that bug?
Truly a Bethesda game.

>Mr. Pete let's play some RPGs
>No, gonna play FIFA, its a better game

Attached: retard hines.jpg (450x577, 84K)

easily the worst part of the game but I still liked the rest, but I never really use power armor, but collected a bunch in my base

Lawl i dont believe that shit at all.

I agree OP, it is Bethesdas next game after Skyrim

I wasn't feeling the main quest at all so I just said fuck it and autistically devoted myself to developing and linking settlements.

some of the voice direction is better in FO4, I'll give him that, the actors speaking in FO3 are... just... extremely... slow.

He wrote best, idiot .

the powered armor is shit, but I give them credit for making it something you actually climb into and consumes fuel instead of just "it's good normal armor but you need to complete quests to use it"

honestly if you stayed on the roof you are a fucking loser, there's no reason not to jump down and spray the minigun straight into the Deathclaw's face.

It is kind of shitty, but I see what they were trying to do. At least they give it to you with none of its armor, and really only enough fuel to dump it back in sanctuary until you get the stuff to use it properly much later.

The perks system in Fallout 4 is too complicated. We must FURTHER SIMPLIFY

Attached: TimCain.png (1372x1744, 1.3M)

Fallout 4 mods for someone who can't stand the story? Total overhauls or anything else that makes the game fun.

I played it till shortly after the power armor, ditched the power armor immediately because it was retarded over powered, explored for a bit, lost all interest and care because the world was so fucking dull and sad and every weapon was a pipe gun.

So glad I never paid for it, what a sad sad game.

i dont rememer anything memorable about FO4 besides the ship with robots and the baseball feild with the detective robot everything else is a boring blur.

To be fair it worked for Skyrim, Oblivion proved they were completely incapable of implementing ability scores in a balanced and intuitive way.

Good graphics, good shooting and gun modification

Everything else is so so terrible. Special mention of the chinese guy who stayed in his submarine for 200 years as a good example of how Bethesda writing and world building is the worst in the industry.

Stfu

What the hell happened to Preston's voice.
The rest are fine, but his is so god awful.

Attached: 525452352232323.png (939x554, 51K)

>hey bro I know you met us a week ago but since we got our shit pushed in really hard recently you're our general now

When you set the bar so low that you can top it every time without much improvement at all, there is only one way to go.

You missed the point about what he said, he don't like RPGs, because they are slow, he wants to shoot things, not talk.

I lost all respect I had for him after watching that bullshit presentation.
>Numbers hard
>Colors easy

Fallout is a RPG, not CoD-tier shooter, which, to be honest, they want Fallout to be a post apocalypse COD shooter with places to visit.

Skyrim have a shit system to be honest, I hated the combat in Skyrim, felt like punching paper bags, enemies were either too easy, or sponges, there was never a balance, here is a monster you can kill in a few hits, here is a bandit who is going to one shot, and I hate Todd philosophy, if does not work, remove it, because I'm too lazy to do my job as a game designer.

No need to get upset but would you mind pointing out the false statement in my post?

I see everyone missed the joke and/or outed themselves

Attached: 1558728625650.png (626x900, 288K)

if we are to believe the making of footage hte VA was directed to talk like that because it was to be a sign he was suffering PSTD

I wouldn't mind if they made a game based solely on the building with a bit of action RPG that isn't necessarily Fallout or Elder Scrolls. If they improve on it like the popular mods for it do and give NPCs more personality, it wouldn't be too bad.

its the kind of joke a 14 year old would make on /r/games

>but I give them credit for making it something you actually climb into
in lore of Fallout 1 - 3, Tactics, NV and even non canon BoS Power Armor of all version more or less slides together like army ballistic gear and was never meant to be a micro mech suit, it's the whole reason it recycled piss and sweat was because it took forever (in lore) to put on and take off.
>consumes fuel
in lore of Fallout 1 - 3, Tactics, NV and BoS it is stated to have a nuclear battery that will last up to 10,000 years

>until you get the stuff to use it properly much later
you can use it properly with just the frame the stat boost make it pointless to invest in any other gear other than if you go stealth build. The cores frames and parts are very common and you trip over them while exploring

Upset?

I don't really see how that makes it not an RPG, showing you something you can only use effectively later on in the game and consumes resources to function properly, showing something the player can work toward later.
If it were a cod shooter you would just get it, would be able to use it immediately and indefinitely with no maintenance ... OH WAIT! That's how it works in FO3/NV, you don't even have to do much to get it in NV just stumble into the bunker and do a few quests for BoS.

I never said the combat was good in Skyrim, don't forget all the same things were true for combat in Oblivion except you were punished for using their leveling system and assigning your major skills for your class the "correct" way. I think perks were a good fit for Skyrim gameplay. I DON'T think they were good for FO4, though. They are poorly implemented, depend on your SPECIAL, have level reqs instead of trees, you gain levels at too low a rate to make them rewarding compared to Skyrim. in Skyrim you quickly get rewarded for focusing your character build and skills and get to play more of the game with your coolest abilities, FO4 is the opposite.

>Fusion cores are supposed to last for a fucking century
>runs out from a 10 minute light jog

I'm sorry user, But the writing in 4 is just garbage. The people are strangely passive and have an oblivious attitude or something, They hardly curse either.

Fusion cores are supposed to last 200 years.
It has been 210 since the last one was made.

What is the actual issue?

if you mod the shit out of it its a pretty passable game

on its own its dogshit though

The only thing fallout 4 did better than the other games was the gun combat.

Are there any new fun mods?

On the strength of Nick Valentine it also wins best companions.
And Power Armor

It’s shitty but I disagree about it being the 'best equipment in the game' because you’re not going to have the fuel to keep the power armor going, the parts to make it an always practical choice, or the ammo for the minigun
Maybe you’ll have the fuel if you played before or looked up where all the cells are

peak comfy

Attached: 14259-0-1464382264.jpg (2560x1440, 1.77M)

>Sim Settlements allows you to automate Settlement building so that cities actually grow autonomously over time and arrive at actual Settlements instead of rinkydink mudhut-tier Settlements that aren't majorly quest related
>Sim Settlements Conqueror gives you a thorough quest line where you trashbag a handful of other Raider groups, establish your own and go in a 5-15 squad group of Raiders to pillage and vassalize Settlements
>This also allows you to kill NPCs like Preston and Marcy, if you decide to
>Visible Weapons makes your equipped weapons visible
>Extended Armory allows you to hide specific armor pieces and overlap cosmetic and armor pieces aesthetically
>Conqueror allows you to place portable camps and erect up to 10 new Settlements wherever you desire, even indoors
>True Weather and Darker Nights give better atmosphere and can make night realistically dark
>Survival Options allows you to tweak the Survival game mode to make it very explicitly difficult or easily as desired, such as enabling fast travel or increasing penalties and incoming damage

Just a few mods I use, to name a few.

>Improved Vines
>SubtleENB

My nigga. How do I toggle off my interface?

> Survival
Glad 76 bombed and ended that little experiment.

>when we were kids
Did you marry your childhood friend?

It's the weakest power armor in the game, worse than mid tier and high tier regular armor, it's in bad condition and you can't even keep using it after the core runs out because you most likely didn't find any up to that point. After the quest you run out of the 5 ammo in the minigun, and the power armor is dead once you get back to sanctuary, so you park it there, probably forever, and keep on exploring the world and having fun.

Or be a low iq cynical faggot like yourself and uninstall the game immediately

Never used the PA. I really didn't like the HUD while wearing it.

tm in console. that doesn't look like subtleENB

Could just mod the game. You console idiont

I used this, I manly used power armor to explore the glowing sea and do the final quests because it seemed appropriate. I grabbed every set that I could and parked them at my base tho

>Disliking needing an in-game reason to sleep, eat and drink

What a pussy. For the record, you can easily set it with Survival Options so you can play the game entirely normally but with the addition of those three systems above. Hell, you can even reduce the need for them as minimally as you'd want so that they're mechanics but don't hardly influence your play. You can still save, still fast travel, still receive/deal 1:1 damage. No reason not to add a very slight challenge.

Best combat in any bethesda game unironically.

Even more so with mods.
Probably most visually pleasing game once modded, in terms of shooters, speaking in terms of not realism but visually pleasing.

Go install the BRB modlist incl the 50GB of repacks.

forgot link nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21622

It's way better than Skyrim, they're basically the same game but Fallout 4's is way better at exploration. And Far harbor is the nail in the coffin

Skyrim is still better because it has 5 major cities and a bunch of smaller towns. Fo4 has almost nothing you have to build them.

Post custom characters

Attached: 20180327214427_1.jpg (2560x1440, 310K)

Been playing FO3 Tale of Two Wastelands, and I don't get it. How can you make great detailed rpgs with branching pathways, (there's loads of conditional dialogue options depending on who you've spoken to, and choices you've made) then just fuck it up entirely.

> Disliking tedium
Well yes.

It's difficult to make a FPS RPG with guns as the main weapons. Borderlands gets away with it because it's stylized and it doesn't seem weird for enemies to take multiple shots to the face.

A humanoid enemy in a game like Fallout 4 with (more) realistic graphics not reacting to a head shot comes off weird. I feel that all humanoids, and to some extent ghouls, should have pathetic levels of HP compared to the mutated thick-skinned creatures in the wasteland. Ditch any perks that increase damage or damage mitigation. Focus more on perks that give the player more options to handle encounters.

The pacify system was a step in the right direction, but it was entirely percentage based rather than circumstantial. Being able to pacify, disarm, recruit, or pay off your enemies would be a great addition to a game like this. It doesn't make sense that a person who grew up in the wasteland would try to rob someone and their companion both decked out in clean, expensive looking armor. Not to mention, completely boring for every encounter ending the same way.

Attached: fo4.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

Are there any that make it the standard PIP Boy interface?

>Apocalyptic wasteland
>only one central city
>bad

>Fusion cores are supposed to last 200 years.
i came here to call you retarded

New Vegas was better and came out a year earlier than Skyrim

bethesda are not here to make games anymore
they're here to make skinner boxes with audio/visual queues to induce a dopamine rush

since gaming went mainstream, its become disgustingly corporate and for-profit

Attached: fmrbkwyqp3421.jpg (570x721, 60K)

>the use by date is absolutely final, no ifs or buts!

Yes. Part of what makes Fallout so fun is exploring and learning the new cultures and customs that has sprung up. It's POST-APOCALYPSE, not the actual apocalypse. It's partly why F3 and 4 feels so fucking lifeless and bland compared to the other games. Most places have no culture to it apart from "it's like that one place from Mad-Max 2".

>post apocalyptic
>lifeless and bland
>bad

then dont play it

>Oh no boohoo I need to sleep, eat and drink once a day with a single food and drink item
>Literally find any of that ant time you're in the world
>Literally beds, mattresses and sleeping bags everywhere in the world

No, that's not tedium, you're just lazy as fuck and probably play the game on easy. To each their own, but you're still bitchmade.

So install BLD you fuckwit.

>queues
you had one job

Hope you bout it on pc for all the mods.

I know the meme is NEW VEGAS GOOD NEW GAME BAD, but compare it to the Primm shootout early on in that game. If you actually do go in for a straight up gunfight it’s fucking tough and so there are lots of different ways you can go about it to try and find what works best.

Achhhhsualy Fallout is supposed to be Post Post-apoc

Attached: 1556653966337.jpg (422x457, 84K)

Okay Todd its time for you to get off Yea Forums.

Damn, Instantly has more soul. Fuck the fags wanting a colorful wasteland, 76 looks like a bad skyrim clone

>fusion cores
>uses nuclear fission energy

I want my money back

>then dont play it
Why shouldn't I? The post-Apocalypse society is what most movies and games in the genre focus on.

I mean you kinda descried why it's tedious in the first place.
If it's a mechanic that is so pointless that it might as well not even exist, it shouldn't exist, otherwise it's just kinda tedious boring filler that doesn't improve the game in any way.

life is a mechanic that's pointless user
kill yourself and prove us right

Even if it doesn't make much sense in the lore, it's one of the few things F4 did better than the other game.

Power-armor has always been kinda shit in the other games, even 1-2. Making a super overpowered armor that's reasonably easy to get and has no real drawbacks is just kinda silly since it kinda forces you into wearing one every play-through unless you want to purposefully gimp yourself.

You just made the case it provides no challenge whatsoever.
So what is the appeal? Filling a meter every now and again?
Like I said not a fan of tedium.

If you have nothing to say user, you can just not post.

Skyrim is the first game in the series

Attached: 1B762910-96EB-4B56-B496-90F8C9FE17E2.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Can't wait for Skyrim2 on 2/2/22

Give it time. Shit will start unraveling at the seams pretty fast.

>I played this game for 3 hours until I never touched it again
this but 2 hours here
wasn't worth the pirate desu

>fallout 1
>power armor
>easy to get

Attached: 1562287232241.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Why is no one curses in 4

You've barely started and are just impressed by the new shiny grafix.

It'll dawn on you soon enough.

Yeah? It's not like the process for getting one is especially hard, you just have to play the game like normal is my point. There isn't really any challenge in getting one so every time you play the game you are gonna get one. You sort of have to go out of your way to not get one. It doesn't feel special like to did any hard work to get a borderline cheat item, which makes it just kinda feel badly balanced.

Attached: 40193-1563804519-1511065026.jpg (1920x1080, 453K)

Attached: 1546329103518.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Real life isn't video games.

o shit, I just got it, thanks user
then again, I haven't played Fallout 4

Attached: 4094.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

Everyone who hates FO4 do yourselves a favor and turn on survival mode. It's the true post apoc survival experience and way more hardcore than anything NV did.

It's the best thing Bethesda Games Studio has made since Skyrim, that's for sure.

>get explosive ammo effect early
>all challenge is gone and the need to switch weapons with it

Attached: 1546647633807.png (1071x588, 716K)

You are a dumb person

and this is dumb game

to be honest, the minigun is pretty shit if you don't have perks for it and it will run out of ammo once you kill the deathclaw. also, the power armor's fusion core will run out not long after this sequence, so this is literally a teaster and not the best items at the start of the game

Where do they shit?!

Attached: Prydwen.jpg (2048x1145, 462K)

Attached: shitstorm.jpg (600x602, 37K)

Attached: 5495607.jpg (1920x1080, 488K)

you can just not use the gun? what the fuck is your problem

imagine not playing on the hardest difficulty

Where do they get the fuel for this thing and their armors.
No one is making new batteries anymore and with how fast they drain theres gotta a dozen chargers filling them 24 7.

Fucking Todd stop selling your shit.

One of the computer logs onboard has an engineer continually trying to tell Elder Maxson that they are dangerously low on fuel and if they stay in the commonwealth too much longer they'll have to land the airship.

So it has some kind of fuel, and is running out. Though no matter how long you wait in game this obviously never becomes an actual issue.

kek

I bet that log exists in case someone dared to question the ridiculousness of this giant perfeclty functional flying fortress.

>This is easily Bethesda's best game since Skyrim
If by Bethesda you mean Bethesda Game Studios then that's definitely true. Because the only other options are Fallout 76 or the dumb phone games.
But if you mean Bethesda as a whole then you have to contend with stuff like Doom and then it's a matter of opinion.

Attached: fuck everything.gif (294x214, 343K)

It's a lighter than air craft I imagine you could just park it if you put an anchor down.

>what is obsidian
please tell me this is fucking bait

It's hard to justify using anything other than the spray n pray.

>It's a lighter than air craft
Apparently not, the log says that even though they've put it in "hover mode" it's still burning fuel

>Install fallout 4
>try survival mode
>game immediately becomes unplayable because the game is an unstable mess and the game restricts your saving
>exit saves don't even work 50% of the time for no discernible reason
>Game crashes constantly
>NPC scripts break constantly
>Companions walk in front of you every time you try to shoot or throw a grenade
>guns occasionally just don't load when you switch weapons
>Game randomly turns your character black when it loads

And this isn't even touching the garbage pile that is the gameplay or the abysmal quality of the story.
Does anyone actually enjoy this game?

Attached: 1231245235424.jpg (800x450, 22K)

Bethesda Softworks or Bethesda the publisher? Because if it's Softworks there's not a whole ton of competition, and if it's as a publisher, it's objectively false.

>guns occasionally just don't load when you switch weapons
this is the only one of your problems I've encountered

Yes

>bethesda's best game since skyrim
well that's objectively true since the only other game its competing with in that category is FO76...

The only good thing about survival is ammo weight and food/sleep/water requirements, everything else is shit. Being unable to save whenever in Bethesda game is asking for a bad time

doesn't mean they're good

can i mod the game so i can rp as a wanderer going from town to town getting supplies to survive? different start kind of thing? is the open world even big enough for that? thats all i want to do in fallout

yeah dude, works on my machine!!

>Adding a layer of immersion in necessitating your character eat, drink and sleep
>Being able to adjust the levels of necessity for said activities
>Can set it to a level of triviality or to a level of necessitating proper management of stockpiles
>Alternatively, changing your usually play through designating periods for scavenging over other activities
>This can be modulated to be as often or little as desired
>Adding gameplay is tedious
>Adding mechanics is boring filler

Man, that sounds more like a shitty opinion than an objective detailing. Life just isn't easy enough. You can play how you want - the game was designed without that facet in mind, hence why I recommended the mod of altering it in the first place, but you seem weirdly obsessed with going on about how uninteresting and tedious it is, as if only to downplay the fact you're a faggot who can't deal with advertisity in his RPG. Adding differing facets to a game isn't as bad a thing as you're making it out to be - you're just making poor excuses. Deal with it and get over yourself.

>Say that you don't want to use the power armor
>Characters stand around and you can't keep going in the main quest at all until you say yes

that was the moment i wanted to drop the fucking game but i pushed on another 10 hours for some reason

Yes that's what I'm telling you.

What? Raiders literally call you a bitch if you hide from them and say shit like "MOTHER. FUCKER." if you surprise them out in the wild.

ok but how are the porn mods

You ever see Joe Dirt

>This is easily Bethesda's best game since Skyrim.
FUCKING KEK!
only spergs wont get this

I second this. All the other aspects of Survival are simply arbitrary. Who thought it was a good idea to demand Settlements need supplies, require routing from each settlement and involve a complete lack of fast traveling? Funnier yet is how the game seems to take into account food/drink/sleep, and obviously time, if you force fast traveling enabled, so it still balances itself out. The baseline Survival is needlessly silly.

Yeah. Sim Settlements can make Settlements actually built up like small towns and you can reduce the drop rate and open world spawns of bootable items tremendously, to really give that vagrant feeling. Would definitely make towns infinitely more important and bottlecaps valuable.

>Main Quest

You can still play the game and find settlements without the Minutemen, you know that, right? BoS and Institute and everyone else will still be there.

it's a decent game, but the story is absolutely trash. I dropped it as soon as the "twist" happened.

hack writers

yes
the combat in eso is fucking awful

if bethesda put as much effort into the entire game as they did into the first hour of gameplay fallout 4 would have been pretty good.

That's stupid, it's the whole point of having an airship is to minimize fuel use.

Well, they did manage to get all the way from DC to the Commonwealth and it's still floating so it has to be pretty efficient at using whatever fuel it requires