My god, after playing his games yes, EOPs, including the last two, I can safely say this fucker is unironically one of...

My god, after playing his games yes, EOPs, including the last two, I can safely say this fucker is unironically one of, if not the most chad protagonist in all of Japanese media, let alone video games. Holy shit, it's almost shamelessly disgusting how brazenly chad in every aspect he's written, he's like a fucking parody of self-insert VN/LN protags or something, except that it's genuinely sincere the way he's written? I would offer a more comprehensive analysis on him, but I just started to laugh and keep on laughing after they had the fucking audacity to pull the civil war shit with him and I blanked everything else that happened in the games afterwards due to the sheer absurdity of it all. Say something nice about him, I guess haha

Attached: Rean Schwarzer Uniform - Menu Bust (Sen II).png (240x240, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z07WdBYBEe0
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_i3Ra-j-0&list=RDGoj8hyy_L0M&index=10
pbs.twimg.com/media/D-KbTIEUIAAz9as.jpg:orig
youtu.be/I0uh_TxNLas
esterior.net/2014/05/translated-bahamut-interview-with-toshihiro-kondo-about-sen-no-kiseki-ii-and-the-future-of-falcom/
youtube.com/watch?v=7sBaiEMIovU
youtube.com/watch?v=3W1JrJU-lUs
youtube.com/watch?v=OcY53YUpf8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=x6rZ6ziUDGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haha, that's our Rean...

>gets every special snowflake power handed down on him
>still keeps failing for 3½ games
>"chad"

Attached: 1546109369076.jpg (2100x1500, 289K)

>>failing
>holding back
ftfy

How can Skyvirgins even compete?

Attached: 1564244134772.jpg (1932x1163, 426K)

I love Rean so much.

Attached: 1560678221719.png (535x1077, 972K)

Rean is filled with so much generic LN bullshit that he breaks the barrier and becomes unique in his own way, cold steel fucking sucks but as you said at least I can enjoy the absurdity though it may not be well written

zero/ao>sen>sora

>Rean is filled with so much generic LN bullshit
Someone post the list haha

Is he a Gary Stu? I can understand why everybody at the academy likes him, but his sister, the princess and the prince all lusting after him, too, is just excessive.

Was Rean the Mean Meme Machine the quintessential JRPG protagonist?

>orphaned and adopted into a Noble family
>final student of a legendary swordsman
>secret son of the mysterious big bad who's actually good
>such a chad that he not only adds every woman to his ever-expanding harem but he makes all the men wet too
>his sister and her friend (who is the royal princess)'s vaginas becomes waterfalls at the sheer mention of his name
>chosen to pilot an ancient super mecha
>masters and can fully control his *psh nothin personell kid" demonic powers
>wields a katana and can teleport behind you
>beats one of the most powerful swordsmen in history that's hyped up in trails in the sky
>grows up to become a teacher, can romances his underage students
>just saying "haha" makes everybody drop their pants for him
>uses the power of friendship to defeat the true antagonist interdimensional hatred ayylmaos who appeared at the last second
>even the protagonists of previous games hype him up
>becomes an national hero
>is technically royalty, his biological father is the reincarnation of an ancient Emperor
>breaks up budding romances between other characters that were developing in the third game because everybody sucks his dick in the fourth game
>can marry any girl of his choosing, will impregnate them with his chad thundercock
>kills himself in a noble self sacrifice with his fujobait boyfriend to break a curse but not really because the even bigger bigger villains rewrite the timeline to get the true ending
>becomes one of the strongest characters on the continent
>turns his series into a glorious unsalvagable trainwreck
>gets raped by a girl in a cave
>has the option to cuck Estelle away from Joshua and Tita away from Agate
>is the writer's favourite character, writer goes on to call the previous protagonists embarrassing

Attached: 1543098659910.png (915x997, 1.59M)

All I know for certain is that he's an even better subject of shitposting than Dutch or Chris

That answers my question. He's the Gariest Gary Stu who's ever Stued.

...haha... classic reeeeeen.......

>is the writer's favorite character, writer goes on to call the previous protagonists embarrassing
this is how you know trails is dead, fuck condom

Give me back MY 50 mira you piece of shit

Attached: 1563979164976.png (1280x2282, 2.9M)

NO NO NO ESTELLE NOT YOU TOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: 1564092167116.png (785x1000, 254K)

i need to see a source on that, because kondo just said in a recent interview that he stopped writing the games after the sky trilogy.

S-Skybros.... no....

HE CAN'T FUCKING KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Attached: 1547800698269.gif (221x221, 121K)

Absolutely undoubtedly based.

Rean no I'm fairly certain that's illegal in such an authoritarian state

Haha... dunno.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel V: End of Erebonia

Stand forth and beget the next generation.

Nearly 2 years have passed since the events of Trails of Cold Steel IV: End of Saga. Upon receiving a personal request from Emperor Eugent, Rean Schwarzer left his post at Thors to become the Chancellor of Erebonia. Furthermore, as recognition for his countless achievements, Rean was made supreme comander of the national Erebonian forces. Some say that he is to take the princess Alfin's hand in marriage -- though such rumours are vehemently denied by many elites around Erebonia.

Yet, all is not as it should be. To the surprise of all, Rean has continued the hardline policies of the late Osborne and is in the midst of forming a plan to unify the entire Zemurian continent under the Erebonian Empire.

Rean's allies, ever so full of faith, suspect that something -- or someone -- is pulling the strings. His lifelong friends have teamed up with a certain special division of the Septian Church to investigate further...

>Rean becomes the main antagonist of Calvard
Please, that would make the Cold Steel shitshow all worth it.

>gets raped by a girl in a cave
s-source?

Cold Steel 4

Attached: 1564448078806.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Attached: Chadvin.jpg (720x820, 58K)

Haha..

>"chad"
>when his choice of waifu is a fucking fattie due to her binge eating disorder
3rdfags out, your game is a spinoff

Him destroying heretics and immortals already makes him a chad to me.

classic Laura

Stop being salty, Weissmann!

Attached: 1552625643953.png (472x636, 696K)

>End
>implying
There's two more Cold Steel games coming out, not one. I'd also recommend bracing yourself for the inevitable spin-off games too.

youtu.be/z07WdBYBEe0

el señor de las armas con el virtuoso....
Aidios mio...

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_i3Ra-j-0&list=RDGoj8hyy_L0M&index=10

Attached: 1536322663611.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

>i need to see a source on that
No you don't
Dude trust me haha

>he stopped writing the games after the sky trilogy.
Pretty sure he still has influence on the direction of the series, being, you know, the fucking producer of Cold Steel

Just realized Schwarzer means nigger

All the girls lust over Big Rean Cock just like real girls lust for BBC haha...

Attached: 1562814986391.jpg (235x202, 15K)

Otto....... *sob*

Calvard when?

Attached: 1543063824952.png (452x651, 30K)

After Cold Steel the 5th: Divine Blade Edition

I'm doing a ng+ pf CS2 with infinite bonding points, I'll count the number of haha

Haha oh no I hope it never happens to anyone

The only good guy dead in the entire franchise is market manager Otto.

Haha, no need to fear for our guy Rean could easily take over his market

FUCK don't remind me, this hit me hard. It truly was a civil war.

Goddesspeed, user, go forth and catalogue the many haha's of the Ashen Chevalier and his orbiters as they traipse around Erebonia.

Haha, that's our Wojakposting Skyboomer for you...

I'm planning on making the "Haha" "holding back" and "That's our X" chronicles, sorted by chapter. I'm also welcoming retarded builds, already did Force, Vermillon and Criminal caster Rean.

>market (((((((((managers)))))))))
>good
Osborne should've stomped them all out when he had the chance AIDIOS BLESS EREBONIA

But still, we gotta get Crow back so we can enjoy high school again haha...

Who cares how many died!

Rean... your students...

Attached: 1552019116839.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

>Literally every girl Rean meets wants to fuck him

I'M SO FUCKING LONELY AND HORNY

Attached: Ao No Kiseki.png (1200x1696, 2.95M)

IMAAAA WAKARE NO TOKI

delete this

Attached: 1551306320804.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

Koooohhh
DAAHHH

Awakening (3 turns)
STR UP (+50%) (3 turns)
DEF UP (+50%) (3 turns)
SPD UP (+50%) (3 turns)
Null Ailment (3 turns)
Null All-Cancel and Null Craft/Arts/Max Guard Ignore (3 turns)

Attached: Rean_Schwarzer_Ogre_Uniform_-_S-Craft_(Sen_II).png (983x965, 679K)

You forgot insight

Is Rean a cumbrain, Yea Forums?

Do people like this series ironically or?
Is everything that people write about Rean true? Do you like that sort of a character?

It's around 50% shitposting and 50% true about Rean. That that as you will.

I unironically like it. Yes the copy pasta is true. Don't tale these games too seriously and you'll enjoy them.

I dont' think spirit Unification gives Insight, though it's been a while since I played.

>Gains strength of like 1000 men
>Can flash step and move at the speed of light
>Can do all kinds of fancy ass swords attacks
>Is now a divine blade
>Probably the strongest divine blade

And he still probably isn't the strongest character in the series.

Attached: legends-of-cold-steel-2.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

Haha...
Yes, everything about Rean that people throw on here is usually actually true.

Despite being a series "praised" for his writing and world building, trails never knew how handle war themes compared to other jrpgs.

I just started playing Trails of cold Steel and i love machias so much
i usually hate blue blood noble prince tsunderes cuz their shit and the same in every single game they are in
and it's so refrenshing having this anti-monarchy uprising initiating motherfucker calling out every bullshit the aristoratic scum talks about
also everyone else has a dumb anime sword and he's out there with a fucking gun
it's like having Marie Attonette talking about cakes to poor people and there's Lenin with a shotgun pointed at her head
i love him so much
also i tottaly sense his character arc being just "hey actually monarchy is awesome because some rich people were nice this one time" and i'm already upset about it

so far it reminds me a lot of Persona 3, does this have dating sim stuff as well?

more like Falcom can't animate for shit and thus offscreens as much stuff as they possibly can

hello /fg/

Attached: j6PYweJ~2.jpg (1605x1044, 497K)

You have bonding events but those are pretty simplistic in the end. Don't go expecting any deep dating sim mechanics.

Not really dating sim elements because Rean is so thick every girl could be sucking him and he wouldn't understand. There's character bonding and a bonding bar but that's all for CS1 and 2.
Machias is awesome if you build him right yeah. It's an acquired taste.

For me it's Musse.

Attached: 1542937932177.jpg (800x800, 84K)

Wow. His hair even turns white. Reading all of that about him almost feels like a parody, i kinda get it why people like this series.

Everything, just... everything about Cold Steel is too easy to shitpost. The main character, his sidekicks, the high school setting, the flimsy events, the mechas, the lost heritages, the romances and bonding, the music, everything. Even standing on its own, it's a remarkably shitposty series, and that only increases compared to its predecessors. It's easy to think it's all ironic, until you realize it's not. Same goes for people "ironically" liking this series or whatever.
Haha... for you see... this truly is the Cold Steel...

Best playable character.

Yeah think of it like playing as a run off the mill anime character, sit back and enjoy the ride. Don't expect some groundbreaking political intrigue or whatever.

Despite all that, he just keeps wallowing in depression the first two games and fucks everything up first 3 games a row due to events that are out largely out of his and his Class' control.

The problem is, it's not presented as such. Mahouka is an LN series where you're supposed to worship the MC and/or his perfectly beautiful sister, but the LN makes it quite clear with its absurd comedic scenes like when entire rooms drop what they're doing when the MC's sister walks in the room or when the MC literally nukes an entire battalion by converting a 1kg flag into pure energy.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahouka - 16 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.32_[2014.07.19_13.08.46].jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Absurd/comedic scenes. There wasn't anything comedic about the nuke, of course.

>likening Rean to a parody when he's far ascended past that point
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT OUR REAN?
IT'S ALL FUCKING OGRE FOR YOU NOW PUNK

Attached: 1560319205875.png (800x500, 587K)

GRAIL SPHERE!

stick thighs
disgustang

*brings edge back to fashion*

Attached: 1546063203817.png (785x860, 427K)

I somehow finished 1st coldsteel game, but I don't feel like playing the 2nd one and reading about it doesn't sound like it's worth it.

TSUI NO TACHI ~AKATSUKI~

Attached: Rean_Schwarzer_S-Craft_(Sen_II).png (1024x1024, 692K)

Do you even s-break?

Attached: 1561600183654.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

III and IV should've been about Kurt and Yuna with Rean becoming the new Sarah.

Attached: 014.jpg (1414x2000, 757K)

>abandoned as a kid
>adopted, never felt like he experienced familial love
>goes crazy with demonic powers and murders a bear in cold blood
>family starts unconsciously fearing him
>heart constantly weighted down by the fear of losing control
>joins military school and has to undergo harsh combat training
>due to trauma shuts down his own sense of self and desires to act as a helper to everyone in school
>slowly starts to regain his heart when shown love for the first time in his life by Class VII
>gets especially close to Crow
>BANG! Crow is a traitor terrorist, has to watch his friends be left behind in a deadly battle as only he escapes
>is unconcious for month, no idea if they're dead or alive, worry tearing his already fragile heart asunder
>manages to gather them together, things are looking good BUT
>has to watch Vulcan die
>Crow, the guy most responsible for healing his broken heart, dies in front of him
>finds out his father is behind all this shit
>forced to act as his blood knight
>relationship with the people who saved him from loneliness turns sour
>class VII abandons him, disillusioned by his deeds
I bet you can't name a more suffering protagonist in video games, let alone in JRPGs who deserves to express that edge haha

Attached: 1540724871273.jpg (740x416, 66K)

Unlike her girls actually drool all over him. I still agree

>Rean-kun
>Thank you for saving me
>I think it's time for me to repay you

Attached: 1564547571596.jpg (571x680, 53K)

What the FUCK was her problem or was it just case of >women?

Kondo fucking her in IV

CS2 is quite literally an asset rehash of CS1, all of it. Take that for what you will.

How much of you is... rehashed?

Haha...

Falcom always rehashes every other game

Rean...

Attached: 1564074059921.png (1427x653, 1.37M)

You lost this bet, good sir.

Attached: chromatus.jpg (421x640, 60K)

hes not real you fucking permavirgin bitch, hes a gooks fantasy and you white beta male faggots dream.

Agatebros...

Ludger sounds positively hilarious on paper, like some guy's shitty Xillia fanfic OC, but he works surprisingly well in the game.

imagine being this low iq

Haha... who would've thought that a Divine Blade will always beat out a mere Heavy one?

Technique will always beat size.

The Skyfag cope is real

Bros, I do not have a PS4, only a gaming PC. I'm going to have to wait millions of years for CS3.

>Agate completely cucked by the only person who ever respected him
>Joshua cucked by the girl he gave up everything for
At least Joshua smashed, you can bet your ass Agate is still a virgin.

Attached: seething agate.png (157x191, 90K)

>Just wait bro, she'll still want your cock even when enough time has passed such that she's legal

Rean Schwarzer...
He seems like a handsome man and a good option for my cute Tita, especially compared to that human filth called Agate Crossner.

Attached: 1545609206423.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Soul vs Soulless

Attached: richard.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Im going to lynch his writer. In public. Japan has gone too far this time.

Richard LITERALLY has the Chad hair, just backwards.

That writer you speak of said he was embarrassed by the writing in Trails in the Sky. Just giving you more reasons to follow through with it btw.

Ffffffffffffff

Why was Richard such a a chad?
I hope he appears in Calvard since his door seemed to Imply that

Thanks. Anyone else have any other reasons? I may read off a list as I smash his hands with a sledgehammer.

Haha... that's our rean!

Attached: 1556834233733.png (1138x579, 1.49M)

Worth noting that this part is memes but the rest is all true

>make Estelle's design sexier for Rean's game in particular
BASED

>he thinks he can touch the Towagod that is Kondo
(laughs)

Old and busted.

Attached: new hotness.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>he thinks it's just memes
>he hasn't played CS4 for himself and seen Estelle blushing when talking to Rean and Joshua calling him akin to a brother
Oh no no no no no haha

Attached: 1563312485103.jpg (327x588, 94K)

I played it last year. It's memes. This artbook cements it.

>arrow to Rean
Collaborating
>arrow to Joshua
Lover and Partner

Attached: 1561427165230.jpg (1447x2048, 803K)

He doesn't think Laura is best girl, preferring that sleepy Student Council slut over blue-haired sword autist perfection.

Attached: 1545954043595.jpg (600x675, 86K)

Man has done more impossible deeds user.

I LOVE DANA!

Attached: dana.jpg (2155x1192, 629K)

At least Joshua smashed first and he still has a slight chance of keeping Josette.
Agate on the other hand...

Never played the series just hate that fucking Gary Stu faggot I just read about. But ill add it for your sake user.
Lately I can only waifu Marina from Splacunny.

We're never gonna have a normal Trails thread on Yea Forums again, are we?

Attached: RD7sOn4.jpg (428x599, 39K)

>Lover and Partner
I mean, they say that, but they still give them separate beds to sleep in and they don't even do more than hold hands in victory animations like what the fuck. It's almost as if they're making Joshua back off as a non-threatening romantic entity so waifufags who self-insert into Rean can be satisfied more when he converses with Estelle.

nope

Attached: 1560512284743.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

You mean we are going to have threads that live more than 15 minutes now

>rent a pre-furnished apartment
nothing wrong with having 2 beds that way

>he doesn't know that everyone's waifu is built for Rean, including that cephalopod of his
Haha, that's our innocent tripfag for you...

Attached: 1544732913820.jpg (220x198, 50K)

>no crust sandwiches

IMA WAKARENOTOKI

Based Gunlord. If not for his impeccable aim and strenght then the world would be doomed.

>It's okay, I enjoy the game IRONICALLY
God you people are no different from the braindead idiots on Yea Forums who watch seasonal shit like "I''M IN A DIFFERENT WORLD WITH MY CELLPHONE?" or "I'VE BEEN TRANSPORTED TO A DIFFERENT WORLD WITH A HAREM OF SLAVES?"

Just fuck you. I miss the days when you stupid faggots weren't around and everyone was still so happy and in love with Trails in the Sky and begging for Crossbell subs.
YES I'm fucking seething. If you started with Trails in the Sky you can only find Cold Steel horrifyingly disappointing. I have to assume all of the people in here saying "Ha ha I enjoy Rean ironically ha ha I'm so cool" are just motherfuckers who started with Cold Steel, never bothered with Trails, and just think the series the same as their seasonal isekai haremshit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: 1543657795288.jpg (1978x1280, 1.83M)

Attached: 1545629000798.jpg (960x544, 70K)

I'm just gonna play Cold Steel and say fuck the rest of the series

Attached: 1539269063086.png (819x347, 509K)

Too late, us Coldsteelchads run the Kiseki now.

Attached: 1550044123796.png (955x633, 417K)

When is Rean's 6th game coming out?

Now this man truly is dare i say holding back and hahapilled

Haha...

Attached: 1556123800604.jpg (563x668, 64K)

After Rean's 5th game

doesn't he have a phone game too

Before they make the three way relationship between Rean, Alisa, and Crow canon

>Alisa
who

Seethe some more and drown in your own sea of tears and swords Laurafag

Attached: reanalisa.jpg (816x672, 432K)

>create a shitty school battle harem LN in video game form
>mc is basically a checklist of every possible cliche in the genre
>say it'll be 3 games long like Sky
>but change your mind and say it'll be 4
>start marketing shitty Mahou Shoujo Arisa-chan shit
>then say you were wrong and there will actually be 5 cold steel games
>while still yet again alluding to another after that
At this point might as well just remove "trails of" from the title and just call everything Cold Steel.

Attached: Falcom great.jpg (960x544, 295K)

>tfw you're Anton

You forgot:
>shoehorn in isekai in the most recent games
>make A FUCKING ALIEN responsible for everything bad happening in Erebonia, and by extension Liberl and Calvard

>make A FUCKING ALIEN responsible for everything bad happening in Erebonia, and by extension Liberl and Calvard

It wasn't an alien. Fuck off with the nebula already.

It's not fair!!!

Damn Sara lookin' tight

Absolutely true. How can people withstand several hundreds of ours of the most basic anime tropes spun around?

Aging like wine

It was a figment of the combined septerrions that ascended to a higher plane iirc

Fine, curse, whatever. Point still stands though, literally everything bad so far happening in Trails can be traced back to that fuck instead of by the organic machinations of actual human beings in the series.

I never wanted an npc to win as hard as I did with his quest with the maid.

Attached: Cassios.jpg (720x540, 44K)

Where were you when you realised these threads are the end times happening over and over again? The only thing missing right now is aceman, the butthurt Arianrhod and an actual Rufusfag

M A S T E R A N T O N

>Implying thats a bad thing
I wish i had that assasin maid pussy

Attached: 1554536928712.jpg (1270x670, 214K)

>58 hours of shitty school LN writing, galge elements except without the payoff you get from a real galge, constant holding back, plans that are part of plans that were part of plans that failed except failure was part of the plan except that was also part of another plan
>2 hours of actual things that have an impact on the story shoved into the very end to create a sequel hook, all of which will be made irrelevant when the sequel actually comes out
Multiplied by 4 (soon to be 5)

Attached: 1493009547273.jpg (638x363, 84K)

The curse was literally concentrated human emotion of strife/conflict born from the war between Witches and Gnomes.

>Implying some giga faggoid gary stu could beat someone with the Power of God and anime on his side.

A couple having separate beds isn't unheard of.

The early rape gets the worm.

Attached: laurathinking.png (378x365, 309K)

>Implying roastie witches could ever prevail against the gnome chads

Granted, it has human origins, but it's just that I feel that evil curse possession is kind of a cheap way to drive one of the most important antagonists of Trails and many of the events that occur due to such influence.

MAY A THOUSAND THORNS ADORN YOUR FLESH WITH DESPAIR!

I WILL RUN....NO MORE!

NOW, LIGHT OF THE HEAVENS...HEAL THESE BATTERED WINGS!

YOUR FATE....IS IN MY HANDS!

AS CLOUDS FALL
SAKURA BLOOMS
FALLEN WARRIORS GATHER IN THE EVENING MOON
AND I PRESENT YOU YOUR DOOM

I hate the beginning of these games, for 4 weeks i'm still in the prologue for zero, shit puts me to sleep

And making Rean a super talented nippon banzai sword skill user and also a special power user and also an awakener and also the son of one of the most important men in the world is kind of a cheap way of making a Trails protagonist seem relevant. This is Trails of Kondom we're talking about, at this point we should just be glad that all of human evil and misery didn't manifest into a high school girl that immediately fell in love with the protagonist.

>he doesn't know that Rean was actually blessed by the Almighty Goddess Aidios herself the whole time in Cold Steel the 7th

Kevin had the best S-Crafts

Attached: 1497166845565.png (215x336, 155K)

Also Rean is literally 2010s anime incarnate

What the fuck does Kevin say in his full Spear of Loa S-craft?

"MAY A THOUSAND THORNS ADORN YOUR FLESH WITH DESPAIR! MAY YOU BE AS ??????? ???? AND ALONE!"

Why do so many people hold back in this series?

I've seen multiple people say it's "MAY YOU BE AS GARBAGE, IGNORANT AND ALONE"

because main characters are children

>holding back
No such thing

Attached: 1494708929548.png (178x322, 108K)

Game would end in like 5 minutes if they didn't

>beating children at full force
Not cool dude

Post memes, my kiseki folder needs some filling

Attached: 1552769655383.jpg (216x351, 36K)

why is mcdonalds or whatever that edgy redcoat guy so fucking stupid? why doesn't he just kill rean and end it why do writers have to make him so fucking edgy like he would berry his sword in his fucking ass or something

and i hate the arc with rean and his scar that makes him turn into some overpowered demon. oh boy i cant wait to see what happens in trails of cold steel 3 with that (not)

Because their goals usually aren't just killing people.

But I am- uh I mean, Rean IS god and anime.

Attached: 1517326387467.png (922x1023, 1.3M)

McBurn is based as fuck in IV at least.

oh yeah mcburn i forgot his name i just know it had mc in it, bee god told him nothing only urf can save rean from the sandrippa.

McBurn just wants to find someone he can go all out against to try to regain his memories. Only problem is that he'd go out of control and fuck everything up on the level of Salt Pale and he doesn't really want to fuck up half of Zemuria unnecessarily.

Attached: all of me.png (1354x713, 1.64M)

Masaka, he stopped holding back!

Ashen Demon here. I heard my fellow teacher chad here is called Ashen Chevalier. Which one of us will get more women?

Attached: byleth.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Adol probably

Fool. That is only 20% of his power

I'm at chapter 6 of TiS3 and reading this thread I was genuinely getting exactly this feeling from this cold steel serie.
Maybe I shouldn't really bother with this serie and pretend everything ended with SC but it's not like there are other good jrpg around.

Paradise...

Attached: 1556789754841.png (512x512, 118K)

You should keep playing but stop after Ao

You don't understand, they tricked him into doing it.

Don't skip out on Zero/Ao

Ao is basically same shit as Cold Steel though

He doesn't give a shit about ouroboros deal, Erebonia or anything
He is just in for the fights

Attached: 1533766157048.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Guise what if Crossbell's occupation was motivated by septium veins instead of WMDs?

>he listens to 4channel's opinions

It really isn't. A lot of Sen's problems like harem stuff can be traced back to Ao but it's nowhere near as bad there as it is in Sen. Plus the pacing is amazing, unlike any Sen game.

Good fucking lord. None of this is an excuse for being lonely. YOU are in charge of your own life and if people walk away from you when you need them most then you tell them to eat a dick and start over. Many 3D guys had to learn this. But never the 2D ones. Which is why Japan cannot write good Anime anymore. I hate my biological mother so much for turning my own family against me but I did what I had to do. All protags like this just make me mad...

from what I've seen this cold steel seem utterly anime garbage, the exact opposite of trails.

I meant GOOD anime you faggots...plus I also got Kek. Ill just meme magic some Pizzagate into his head and watch him an hero due to the revelations.

all of the games are very anime and tropy, of different eras though. Just don't expect the games to explicitly get stuck on those tropes.

Attached: tripfag.webm (640x360, 577K)

Id rather be the on the left. Im a little insulted you would insinuate I would just sit there and take that kind of peacock faggotry.

You ARE on the left. You're a fucking tripfag.

/oumachine/ Rean loves cunny dumb tripfag, just ask Tita, Tio, KeA, Renne, Mint and the like.

Shut the fuck up Onsokumaru

filtered

Well, maybe... Just hear me out here. MAYBE older anime tropes were more effective and conducive in forming a good cast and story for a JRPG adventure than modern ones.

Attached: e6rJa9n.jpg (429x598, 40K)

So when is Falcom giving this poor cuckqueen a love interest?

Wew, Kloe got a massive bust upgrade.

I aint talking about exposing him to based Cunny user...Im talking about pizza...

Attached: 1555193110437.jpg (1600x1392, 132K)

Cold Steel is undeniably based for giving us this

Attached: 1558301265065.jpg (487x683, 88K)

She will die virgin

>not playing Ao

Attached: 1543132502874.jpg (663x1000, 177K)

Just wait until Rean visits Grancel Castle on an ambassador trip haha

>Series specifically marketed by Falcom as "the cliche RPG"
>REEE why is it so cliched I hate this

Attached: 1379993820893.jpg (283x277, 30K)

Off to bed, hope your favorite girl visit you!
They're good at producing cakes.

a fate worse than death

Attached: 1545552463155.png (428x186, 162K)

>Mr. "Not even pretending to be retarded because I'm actually retarded"
Haha no

there's cliche and then there's overpowered shonen protagonist

it's nott really about what trope is better it's more about how you progress the plot from one trope to the other
trails did it slowly while developing (almost) all characters and giving as much depth to the world as possible.
other games instead make things happen just for the sake of reaching the next trope because their target audience is a monkey that either doesn't know those tropes or is completely devoided of any criticism and rationality

Attached: 1518686459091.png (292x300, 8K)

This is applicatable to western games as well. Just add Social Justice meddling as well.

you are an awful tripfag

I know. But im bored. And dead inside. Tripfaggotry gives my life absolutely no meaning. Yet here I am.

>story says he's supposed to be a genius
>he's actually retarded
whoops!

What if he was just pretending?

Never feed wild animals.

Attached: 1535703583085.jpg (700x690, 450K)

I was sad as fuck when that dude from Celdic died in CS2.

>He pretended for so much time that he became an actual retard

NEVER FORGET EREBONIA'S GREATEST TRAGEDY! REST IN PIECE MARKET MANAGER OTTO! YOU WERE TAKEN TOO SOON!

Attached: 1533428044680.jpg (893x176, 30K)

>it's nott really about what trope is better it's more about how you progress the plot from one trope to the other
Nah, subjectivity be damned. I genuinely believe the trend of obviously shoehorning pop culture and lazy meta-commentary in more recent otaku-centric is hurting JRPGs that aren't set in more modern settings. I mean, seriously, how does a Japanese idol concert have any business being fit into a setting based on early 20th century Germany? I could excuse a good chunk of this stuff in Crossbell since it was a very modern and consumerist nation. By contrast, Erebonia is supposed to be fairly conservative and militaristic, yet its top military academy is a souped up high school pulled straight out of some schlocky slice of life anime.

Attached: 20170814005149_1.jpg (1920x1080, 461K)

Class VII chose the concert because the second years told the style wasn't introduced here.

So where did they even pick up this style and how the hell were the rest of the students receptive to it? This was still the age of folks songs and symphony halls for Erebonia. And while we're at it, how did proto-Class VII not get expelled for dressing like a trashy 90s industrial rock band in front of an audience of prissy nobles and retired military officers? It's total nonsense.

Attached: 20170812171921_1.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Gee some hipster might have told them. This wasn't the age of anything, it's just an pseudo prussian aesthetic choice.
The principal is always talking about living your youth and shit, why would he suddenly turn into a stuck up officer?

>The principal is always talking about living your youth and shit, why would he suddenly turn into a stuck up officer?
Oh I dunno, maybe cause Thors has deep-rooted social and political ties to the upper echelons of Erebonian society and is supposed reflect the ideals of that culture? For it to be some super liberal prep school is complete bullshit. Granted, you could say that about a lot of things regarding CS's setting, but this is just one good example.

Attached: 20170813174812_1.jpg (1920x1080, 561K)

They seem more interrested in values than keeping apparences, as shown by the vice principal reign of autistic regulation enforcment in CS1 when the principal is absent.

tyrone letting you use the internet?

>That outfit
Towa is a slut

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1536349725377.png (588x640, 280K)

Gelica pls go and stay go

Any general tips? I just started the first game on hard and fuck me fucking elliot and arisa always get oneshotted what the fuck are these twiggyboys. Even with HP1 what the fuck. Also I fucking read that I should spam delays and evasion buffs.

>*whistles for orbal bike*
>autodrives to quest marker
>ogre vision activates
>”Mmm...giant band of crop eaters, it’s gotta be”
>”Cmon, Gaius!”
>Guys in crop muncher outfits appear
>”HEY KID WHY DONT YOU KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF BUSINESS WHERE IT DONT BELONG. ITS A DANG HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, GET HIM LADS!”
>”Haha...”
>belief starts playing
>spams Arc Slash, Laura nukes with s craft, Elliot machine gun arts, Gaius wild rages
>”Haha...Jaegars...pretending to be monsters...better tell Towa about this...”
>fast travels back to courageous
>”HEY REAN WHAT ABOUT THAT REQUEST I GAVE YOU IVE GOT TEN MORE MY FAVORITE REAN BEAN MEAN MACHINE”
>”Just some jaegars pretending to be crop munchers. Here’s proof *shows costume*”
>AWWW GOOD JOB REAN, HERE’s YOUR REWARD THE WHOLE CLASS CHIPPED IN. HAHA, THATS OUR REAN!
>”Trouble at the farm” completed!
>IMAAAAAAAA WAKAAARE NO TOOKIIII
>2 AP received!
>50 Mira received!

Attached: 1562769134946.jpg (455x285, 29K)

This thread is just making me hate CS even though I have never played any game other than first one.

Is it because of all the memes?

Imagine hating a game just because of internet jokes

Where are you right now? What's your party?
Evasion and delay spam are last resort strategies for bullshit bosses. Stack evasion and evergreens to reach max dodge, otherwise use imepade 1 + 2 + deus gem on rean or fie.
Place Eliott and Alisa on the backline and use Eliott's sleep on enemies than can sleep. Use CC and remember a dead enemy can't hurt you. Alisa suck at damage and you should just spam blessed arrow to power your mainmine crafys

Early on is a tedious slog at higher difficulties. You gotta put some hours in so you can break the game with evasion, delay spam, and s-crafts.

Is this the most disappointing character in the entire series?
He's literally hyped up for like Six games only for you to find out he's a nobody that amounts to nothing. I have to assume that whoever was writing Sky 3rd is not the same person who wrote Cold Steel, because 3rd implied he was just using Osborne as a tool and then Cold Steel 4 reveals he was sucking Osborne's dick because his father had a hand in Hamel.

So fucking bad.

I played CS1 on hard and nothing really reamed my ass, except for bosses that you can continue onwards from a wipe (i.e. not-so-mandatory full party wipe).

but she is only a slut towards the ones she loves

Attached: 1557610660370.jpg (600x900, 121K)

Honestly these threads have made me win a strange love for Rean, it is so exaggerated that it ends up being strangely memorable and the threads only make me like him even more

You might as well just say "I'm a Cold Steel Fag and love the series ironically ha ha just like my isekai anime ha ha". If you actually had any love for Trails you'd see the series, these threads, and realize how hard the series has fallen.

The real holding back was the fun we missed during the journey
Damn son you mad

Just at chapter 2 on Jusis' hometown. I rembember having impede on Gaius. Where do I get evergreens and deus gem? Fuck is it really necessary to swap their quartz? I feel like they're not themselves if I switch them.

You tell me. I had a hard time on the 2nd floor boss. Fuck that aoe confuse

Please tell me that this Rean Schwarzer is canonically a white man, amazing that japan has so much ideals about us.

>2nd floor boss
user, are you getting fucked in the ass in the tutorial? You're going to have fun when you play Trails in the Sky SC's tutorial.

So Rean Alisa Jusius Emma Eliott Gaius?
Use Emma as magical nuke and Rean and Gaius as fast physical hitters. Spam arc slash and gaius line craft to limit exposure. Level Emma's MQ for later or any caster quartz, you'll need it later in game for low mevel art spam and abuse physical damage which is OP in CS1. Bench Alisa untill she gets Heavenly Gift
Impede only stops enemy while they're casting crafts, but iirc the line craft has a chance to apply seal and gaius has good physical damage anyway so use him when Laura isn't available.

It's weird that I found the CS games harder than the Sky and Crossbell games?

Fuck I'm retarded and can't read.
You still have access to Emma so keep her active at all times, you'll need her.
Keep spamming arc slashes with rean to delay enemy turns and refresh his CP with blessed arrow after you've stacked some delay to keep Alisa safe. Otherwise keep her in reserve until it's safe. This chapter's boss is retarded and annoying, you'll have to make sure Rean can hit them both with arc Slash or you'll have a very bad time. .

Nah, it was the 3iron maiden looking bosses with ranged lasers that can hit the backline. Although tocs tutorial also fucked me. I felt like using "move" was a waste of a turn.
I think it was rean jusis machias fie emma. I'm aiming for priority link leveling emma and fie as I heard it was the best? Also what the fuck where do I buy weapons early game? Literally no weapon shops.

Fucking based
Time to pre order

Based OP
Best thread on Yea Forums right now
Reanbros forever!

muh wind

He's full of shit. Non-cold steel girls are not romance options.

Artisan street in this chapter.
Fie doesn't have the tools to be a dodge tank yet, so use her either to flashbang at the start of a fight or to proc a truckload of assists to replenish her linkee CP.
Aim for this kit on Rean or Fie ASAP and most fights will be a cakewalk
Action max level
Action level below
Impede max
Impede level below
Rest is up to you : damage or status effect for Rean or dodge for fie.
Emma Laura and Fie are your most OP and straightforward classmates, they get absolute priority on quartz and

I'm not mousing over your spoiler OP, is it a Sen III/IV spoiler? If I get based chad Rean's games spoiled for me I'll kill myself

Attached: allofme.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

There's some ITT, see you in ~4 months or longer if you want a spoiler free IV experience

>Action max level
>Action level below
>Impede max
>Impede level below
Slow down tocsbro I didn't understand a single thing about this bit.

I'm going to marry Estelle Bright!!

Attached: 1564434710680m (1).jpg (290x432, 29K)

race in anime not real

>expect sen to be bad because everyone shits on it
>end up loving it
haha

Attached: emmaholstein.jpg (1600x900, 368K)

t. Rean

Rean shwarzers seed is the most pungent I'm all of erebonia. His s-break is called hymen buster as he shoots off an ejaculatory laser that splits into multiple womb seeking sperms that instantly impregnate every female within 200 million range.

Sorry mang.
Action and Impede quartz level 3 2 or 1, you can't have the same quartz equipped twice but you can stack lower mevel quartz with the same effects. You want to go first to make sure the enemies will never ever have a chance to tale a turn so this is why you get Rean and Fie these. While you stack delay on the enemy, you want to cheese the game by using low level arts with low cast times and low delay (soul blur, light ray). With this you can handle any fight in game.

I love her so much bros.

Attached: 39023462_p0.jpg (875x1250, 667K)

But how about CP shortage? The delay craft on Rean costs 30cp. And Arisa is ass although I keep linking her to Rean for the canon pairing.

Get 200 cp before boss fights to give you some space, use assist attacks which grant you CP, and then you can bring out Alisa when it's safe which generally means 2 arc slashes connected + party members landed their CC/buffs. Some items you gain by Academy Points give you CP by turn (read any character takes a turn) which is godsent for craft spammers or for using 2 s crafts in a row. Emma can replenish a single character's CP if needed but she's better off casting an art. Any fast character acting often can be a good source of free CP, even though Rean protecting Fie can sometimes be annoying.
If you really want to be safe and don't mind having long fights stack delay quartz on Rean + Fie and let Laura and Emma do the killing when it comes to bosses. A buffed Laura 200CP S-craft will bring a boss to 50% hp, and low level art spam stack up really quickly.

Attached: holding_back.jpg (4000x1915, 1.77M)

tio!

Attached: 21433000_p0.jpg (917x1193, 420K)

Slut

Attached: D-KbTIEUIAAz9as.jpg (839x1200, 105K)

the only slut in this series is renne

Attached: 03.jpg (1200x1650, 346K)

Musse is a bigger slut

Based

Attached: 4D83ECBE-45BC-4D75-9144-27FB05EF39FA.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

Reminder to put :orig at the end of the twitter image URL.
pbs.twimg.com/media/D-KbTIEUIAAz9as.jpg:orig

Attached: D-KbTIEUIAAz9as.jpg (1000x1430, 106K)

Actually I have photographic evidence that Tio is a mindbroken slut. Deal with it.

Attached: 1563909419799.jpg (1956x930, 610K)

Too old
This is more fitting
youtu.be/I0uh_TxNLas

No, he’s completely oblivious to all things lewd. Haha...

Attached: 4158F268-02DF-4E72-B207-A8612C3948CB.jpg (750x710, 195K)

If you enjoyed 3 houses you owe it to yourself to go back and play coldsteel and see where everything was stolen from

Wait Duvalie actually becomes friendly? Is she all big R's dick or will her pure love for her master prevail?

This artist is amazing. He's really doing Aidios's work

>not Valkyria Chronicles II

Alright famalam. Also is elliot actually trash? I value Resounding Beat really high though. AOE def+ seems good together with the heals. I'm also conflicted about Laura if do I actually want to cast high defdown craft first or should I just go for the 200cp scraft after Rean's motivation.

She's kind of tsundere but not a romance option.

Haha...

Attached: 7993DCDD-0E83-4CCF-A193-0F49119E59C3.jpg (1024x617, 269K)

Elliot is good ignore anyone who calls him trash

she should've been damn it

Attached: dubully.png (1235x711, 896K)

Attached: 599E433A-FFFE-4283-9131-99F6537FC92E.jpg (2048x1536, 617K)

Eliott is nice for long fights, but dead enemies can't kill you and unfortunately you can only have 4 characters active. He can be a good mage if built correctly but his forced water quartz can be annoying. Dropping a resounding beat can help if you expect heavy physical damage.
Jusius' noble command is motivate but better, abuse it with chrono burst (not drive) to get your party buffed instantly. Def down is situational, you better apply it with other characters and let Laura do a 200 cp nuke. Moreover, Laura is slow so the debuff might have expired by the time shens ready to drop a 200cp. At a certain point of the game you'll always use an aoe or scraft as an opener with her, but you'll obviously get why.
Haha good, bullying her across CS2 is great and she should stay that way

what the fuck

Just finished 3rd and i'm gonna start Crossbell
How is the difficulty compared to Sky?
All 3 of them were kinda easy in normal so i was thinking on starting with hard

HEED MY CALL

VALIMAR, THE ASHEN KNIGHT!

Dont bother with hard in zero, is just a chore with melee doing no damage making 2 characters useless outside of abusing blind+counter

Alright broski thanks for the tips. I'm actually having a hard time on sepith gathering early game. I probably wasted some on 200cost unlocks as well. And I find myself wasting too much time playing Blade. I think Machias is good for nothing and will probably not play him much. The game pushes him to be a tank with hist quartz i guess?

I rotate Master Quartz between all characters to max out them all. I've tried many stupid builds.

>"Koi" becomes HEED MY CALL
Sasuga XSeed fanfiction

Anytime.
Machias is a bit slow and weird to build and he gets his good abilities too late. You either build him as a tanky support that'll use energy shell and burst drive or as a debuffer that will stack ailment quartz.
Fishing can earn you some sepith, blade is only useful once for each character per trip for the bond xp.
Yeah I'm only missing Megalith Orochi and scepter right now. I'll maybe do a stupid healer rean.

Cassius will always be the true chaddest of them all.

I seriously hope they won't butcher the way every Awakener has a different call for their DKs

With how localizations have been for a while, I'm just happy they didn't translate it as "love"

Don't forget that her ass grew bigger and sexier for it, too.

Attached: 1542763508156.png (491x521, 516K)

It's a sin how they refused to put in the japanese voices. It was only after the reception from PC port voice mods did they do it for Kai re-releases.

I wonder if Nisa will continue with it or will change it

The teacher of both does not seem to think that

OH BLUE SEAL CARVED UPON MY SOUL'S ABYSS, BECOME A PILLAR OF LIGHT UPON THIS PURGATORY!

the sky trilogy are all among my favorite games ever, i absolutely hated rean, but i can't deny that the theory of him being an intentional over-the-top parody of shonen anime protagonists makes a lot of sense.

>we interrupted the story of the last 5 games to release 4 games of complete dogshit, as a joke
>we're also planning a 5th and maybe a 6th
What a devilish plan.

Attached: 1536279981677.png (613x1060, 426K)

Three Houses is literally just Good Cold Steel.

>0 dev cost because of asset recycling and avoiding animation
>rack in money
>hopefully use it to fund calvard
J-just have faith everything wl be alright

the isekai shit gave us one of the best kiseki characters, though.
trails of the outside arc when?

Attached: 66880794_p0.jpg (1280x720, 916K)

>Ha ha it's just a joke! Rean is an epic parody!

God I hate faggots that say shit like this. said it perfectly. They didn't shit out 4 (5) awful games for some stupid fucking parody, they just became awful hack writers.

mcburn is based as fuck all the time.

Attached: 1561175660207.jpg (503x442, 197K)

McBurn isn't a true isekai. He didn't immediately make his home planet's onions sauce and mayo after arriving.

my theory is that zemuria is just a huge religious cult that's way behind the times, and things like rock music that seem anachronistic in kiseki's setting have been smuggled in from the outside.

百合子

I can understand that European and American players have little criticism of it.

If you play start at "-Sen No Kiseki"

Then the work of the four-part song looks "still ok"

If you played Sora no Kiseki 1FC+2SC+3rd

Zero no Kiseki

Ao no Kiseki

Then, you start playing Sen No Kiseki", you will feel that Electronic Arts has a reputation and integrity that is much higher than Falcom.

I don't know if you have ever felt that way. You are very passionate about and deeply fascinated by a work. Then you find that the author who wrote the script has changed. You never recognize the beautiful world again.

Some are just cheap scripts and full of Mary Sue stories.

I don't know if you have experience watching A Song of Ice and Fire. The next chapter turns into Guilty Crown.

As uncomfortable as eating faeces, KUSO GAME

>fire emblem
>good

Attached: 1564688579442.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Guilty Crown did nothing wrong

Attached: 1368554875479.jpg (1280x1188, 388K)

>he doesn't know
there is no "outside" of Zemuria unless you're a dimensional traveler

>listening to crazy jp amzn reviews

I love Trails in the Sky and Crossbell but Cold Steel was shit. Three Houses is LITERALLY like someone looked at Cold Steel, said "Let's do that but actually good" and pulled it off.

That's not an Amazon review. If I remember right it was from some trailer for Cold Steel 4.

then how does the church know about it?

... Haha...
Shut it down

Everything falcom has gone to trash, It's actually kinda depressing how it went from easily my favorite studio to just a bad memory.

fire emblem is soulless garbage. i'll take kiseki even at its worst over that trash.

is this the game with the big butt ninja?

It's more of an "okay nobles suck but maybe I shouldn't sperg out at them every chance I get".
Based, you don't see other Machiasbros often.

You have to be in denial. I'm sorry user but Cold Steel is fucking shit and even Fire Emblem has surpassed Trails now. Trust me I thought I'd never see the fucking day but here we are.
It's even more sad when you realize that even if you crammed all of the Cold Steel series together, Fire Emblem would still outshine it.

Gotta narrow it a bit boss.

Yes.
He means Rixia, I think.

Probably due to encounters from "outside" beings like McBurn. They've been covering up the world having an "end" and all the weird dimensional shit to prevent panic

I want to fuck Her Majesty Klaudia!

i'm pretty sure gaius reveals at some point that the the church knows everything about the outside. they just cover it up and claim things like the salt pales are "the work of the goddess" in order to keep the peace. in other words, they're lying their asses off to make sure their cult doesn't fall apart.

>The big twist is just M. Knight Shamalamadingdong's "The Village" but on a continental scale

Could you imagine the disappointment? But honestly at this point there's little they can do that wouldn't be disappointing. You can't just make like 13 games and then expect to be able to pull off the finale. It WILL be shit and the twist WILL be stupid.
The worst case scenario is definitely this "IT'S A SIMULATION" shit people are guessing. God that'd be so fucking bad. All those characters and experiences and all the worldbuilding, just for one of the most textbook and stupid plot twists ever.

>implying it will actually end before the company goes under

>they just cover it up and claim things like the salt pales are "the work of the goddess" in order to keep the peace
That part is true, but Gaius doesn't claim the church knows everything.
>in other words, they're lying their asses off to make sure their cult doesn't fall apart.
Could turn out to be the case. As it stands, it's still unclear whether they have ulterior motives or are generally concerned with preventing mass hysteria.

Holy based yeah that's her thanks bro

Everything they make is on a pathetic budget, and Ys and Tokyo Xanadu still make money, as pathetic as the latter game is. I've never had a game's plot be so childish and pathetic that I actually said "I can't play this game. I'm too old for it" until I played TX.

100% completely accurate.

>The worst case scenario is definitely this "IT'S A SIMULATION" shit people are guessing
Considering how The Grandmaster is manipulating the timeline towards specific results, and how it's revealed in the final Black Record that the records are written by a "Causality Engine," it's looking pretty likely sadly.

i still think kiseki is building towards a grand conclusion where shit hits the fan, everyone learns the truth about the cult, and they start fighting against the church and - for the final boss fight of the whole series - aidios.

Hot take: I like all of the Sky, Crossbell, and Cold Steel games and the people complaining about Cold Steel are being whiny babies

Don't spoiler that, stand up for your tastes.

I like I and III but the pacing and structure of II and IV are atrocious. If they condensed the games a bit I'd like Sen as a whole a bit more. I don't hate them though.

haha that's our Grandmaster for you

>I have no standards and so should you
No, I'm not going to ironically enjoy those characters, that's just giving space for them to continue being shat on as if they were actually liked.

>he's like a fucking parody of self-insert VN/LN protags or something
This is like the 10th character I see described exactly like this, and I think it's safe to use the line as a red flag now.

No you don't understand
he's on an entirely different level compared to every other character out there
he becomes fucking Kiseki Jesus by the "End of Saga", it's almost worth playing through Cold Steel just to see the worship that it throws on this one man. Almost

Describing it as a parody doesn't do it justice. It's a full embrace of the tropes and somehow mixing them all together in a coherent way in game.

>Rean shows up in Calvard with his gaggle of girls, seeking to add delicious Eastern variety
haha...

>Rean cucks Zane and Walter from Kilika

i think most of the criticism of cold steel is justified, but i also still enjoy the games in spite of their flaws.
i also think people forget that the sky trilogy set the bar insanely high. just because the cold steel games aren't as good as three of the greatest games ever made doesn't mean they're bad.

Rean is singlehandedly one of the worst and best JRPG protagonists of all time. I don't know how he does it. He falls under so many cliches and tropes that he stops being generic.

Good thing Adol took a causality engine to the sword in Celceta huh

The fuck is wrong with nips, why did the original writer got sacked?

>why did the original writer got sacked?
It's the same writer in both cases.

????????????????????????????
I refuse to believe that. The original trails had a western feel to it while steel is the most generic shit overblown

Attached: 7ff.jpg (649x536, 48K)

>The original trails had a western feel to it

Attached: 1511557173750.jpg (975x719, 82K)

Taken from an interview with the producer of Trails and lead writer of Sky at least six months ago:

>Interviewer: From the entire Kiseki series, which character are you the most attached to?

>Kondo: It has got to be Rean. This whole time these five years... even longer than Estelle!... I've been with Rean since he entered school until the end of Sen 4. There's not really any specific scene/line from him, but I've just become deeply attached to him during this whole time. While I've portrayed him for longer than others, I feel like he's also been the most human character. Estelle was a very pure character... always courageous, brilliant throughout her time. In comparison, Rean has a lot of weak and rough elements to him. He's relatable like how you view your family, you don't always just see the good parts... you see each other's weak and timid sides too. So in that sense I'd say I'm even more attached to Rean than either Estelle or Lloyd. I think Rean is the most deeply (and longest) protrayed character in Kiseki series. By the way, every time I always feel sorry for Rean. Like "Yamero, yametekureee" and all that (laughs).

This fucktard believe bad things happening = sadness = deepness. He is not even hiding he is self inserting

>I refuse to believe that.
it's bullshit. kondo stopped writing the games after the sky trilogy and has left it up to the staff since then.
>The original trails had a western feel to it
no it didn't. it was actually good, unlike western garbage.

Also:

>Chen Yun Yun: Which parts of Sora no Kiseki embarrassed you?

>Kondo: I’m actually not too proud of the whole product. (laugh) When we were making Sora no Kiseki, it was during the period that we were trying to transition the Legend of Heroes series into the Kiseki series. Since the Legend of Heroes series is such an important franchise for Falcom, the whole team was working on it, including a younger me which had the feeling of “I don’t want to lose against the seniors.” As a result, a lot of effort went into the game. When I look back at it, it makes me quite embarrassed as there are a lot of story points which were too obvious, and things too unyielding such as making Estelle and Joshua a pair of lovers.

esterior.net/2014/05/translated-bahamut-interview-with-toshihiro-kondo-about-sen-no-kiseki-ii-and-the-future-of-falcom/

>no it didn't. it was actually good, unlike western garbage.
You have no idea what I actually mean by that statement and I doubt you have the capacity to understand what a theme is and how world building is vastly shaped by culture.

if the sky trilogy was western, estelle would have been a WOKE QUEEN YASSSS, joshua would have been gay, and the septian church would have been turned into an unsubtle excuse to whine about christianity and the republican party.

You are missing my fucking point you brainless retard. I didnt even say was a western game, I said it had a western touch and when I say that I do not fucking mean your sony cinematic experience.

Fucking dark souls has a western touch too since its based in tabletop mechanics

why can't westaboos just admit when japan makes something good without trying to pretend it's "western" in some way?

I also like all three series but I can see why people don’t like CS, I am just an EOP so I can’t judge the last two games but at least the first game did a pretty good job introducing the Empire’s locations and characters and showing more of Olivert and Osborne ideas for the Empire.
And other than the liberating the school part in CS2 which was extremely stupid I don’t have too many problems with the second game.

Playing TitS. When does it get good? Is it better to play with a guide or no?

Sky FC is mostly a buildup to its last 80% of its game and its sequel.
>Game gets good 30 hours in
If you dont like this you can always give up since the series is dead

>makes a classic inspired by his favorite game of all time
>is embarrassed about it
>sells out and panders to LN addicted preteens
>isn't
is kondo brain damaged?
not him but i always felt it was like those classic anime films, hell the climax of SC is a huge nod to Laputa

Attached: 1494646218212.png (492x152, 122K)

Good night user

In the last two chapters, no I am not kidding, all the first games in the series are just an introduction. The only good first game of a series is Zero.

Attached: 1538082874739.png (1075x374, 161K)

>too unyielding such as making Estelle and Joshua a pair of lovers
I like how this is seen as a negative while Cold Steel's "dating sim except without actual dating or progress" is seen as the ideal. Kondom is truly brilliant, Trails is finally saved.

After finally playing Zero and Ao, I can say Crossbell must be my favorite setting from all three games, probably because Calvard sounds like such an interesting place and seeing the different cultures mingle in the city makes it quite different compared to both Liberl and the Empire.

You can blame that shit on Crossbell.

Bros... Otto... we can't forget him... the Noble Alliance and everyone else involved (except for our friend Crow) will pay!

Schwarzerbonia

I hear people say CS3 actually set some cool stuff up but then dropped the ball hard for CS4, is that true? What was so bad about it?

Attached: 103693619261.png (648x584, 472K)

Just slap Tauros + Domination Quartz on Laura and watch her nuke everything.

Have you ever played CS2 after playing CS1? Yeah, it's like that, except amplified since it's the "conclusion" to a Trails arc haha not really

FLYING AROUND
GOING TO SAVE OUR HIGH SCHOOL
BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF CROW
HAHA, THAT'S OUR REAN :3

Attached: 1536786875885.jpg (530x420, 110K)

In the next game

What a cute and funny girl.

Haha he killed thousands but everyone can laugh it off because he cheated me out of a few mira a while back

>What a cute and funny cumdoll.
ftfy

>he doesn't know that the 50 mira coin was actually the secret of Rean himself
What a pleb, you can have this pity "Haha" from me.

Attached: 1546769977586.png (500x500, 149K)

If only he were a member of Ouroboros, then we can all excuse it just like we did with Joshua and Renne haha

Don't take anyone's words for it yet. Most people on /fg/ haven't actually played the game.

based witcherposter

except that Joshua had a whole arc and even set out in the world to try and repair what he did when he was a kid and brain washed.

But Renne is garbage damaged psycho loli, the genious evangelion pilot that can do anything in the world and is definitely one of the worst characters in trails.

>EOPs
Don't even try to pretend you didn't use the translated spreadsheets, autist. Hey, everyone, point and laugh at the autist who played a Japanese game in Japanese without understanding the language!

I liked her in Zero which was the end of her character arc.

Truly, Crossbell was the RE4 of Trails.

haha that's our filthy EOP for you

Based.

The OG reporting in

Attached: scrrexx5-1.jpg (480x640, 95K)

Name a more thoughtful protagonist than Bean Schwarznigger

Attached: 1554950714283.jpg (482x163, 34K)

haha.....

Hand over the cunny

Attached: What did he mean by this.png (267x262, 141K)

So, is Sara a virgin or not?

Attached: 1564730579632.png (1000x6561, 2.42M)

PLEASE, I'LL EVEN HOLD A GRAND PUBLIC CEREMONY IN GRANCEL ANNOUNCING THAT YOU'RE THE GREATEST DIVINE BLADE EVER TO EXIST EVEN ABOVE ME AND KA-FAI, FUNDED OUT OF MY OWN POCKETS JUST FUCK MY DAUGHTER ALREADY REAN

Attached: 1540393422880.jpg (558x344, 51K)

Too constantly drunk to be a virgin

Kuon!

Attached: 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡IV -THE END OF SAGA-_20181102223922.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

Why is it exactly that in this series, in every entry, there is an inappropriate and problematic relationship between an older man and an underage girl? How exactly does this go unnoticed by the public and media? I know Japan will be Japan and so on and so forth, but is this really the kind of material that people in western countries should be comfortable with? It's sort of yikes.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.28 - 10.39.19.28.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

When I was in school, most girls dated dudes in their early to middle twenties. As early as they were 13 even. You bet your ass their relationships were non platonic.

Doesn't make it right though. Stop trying to justify this behaviour.

Yes Valimar, keep going baby, you're doing it very well ~~ don't be afraid baby heed harder and call it all the way down, I'll tell you when I'm close ooooogh~~

Attached: 1538152112537.png (500x700, 187K)

haha...
hahahehehe
hahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1552237597250.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

lol incel

why are you such a prude?

For japs its is because he nuke chinks.

What a handsome lad

Just for our Rean!

oh no no no no Hamelbros BTFO

>His sister, a cat and a homo
How does he get away with it...

>the other Trails threads now on Yea Forums that start with Estelle are full of absolute Yea Forumscore cancer
>this thread is the best Trails thread right now in comparison
CSchads just keep on winning

>the best
but this thread is mostly fanart and retarded things from CS

Attached: huhu.jpg (189x265, 32K)

>in comparison
Haha, that's our cumbrain.

Attached: reanbean.png (981x921, 744K)

Haha, this thread is still alive? Guess Yea Forums is holding back...

Also

>his canon wife is rich af

Attached: 005.jpg (611x780, 181K)

he even gets girls from OTHER games...

Not based Otto ahhhhh....

Alisa uses videos of Rean fucking other girls to relieve stress while wage cuckin' it.

Yea Forums has a soft spot for Rean, he's enraptured it just like all the other girls in his harem.

Attached: 1542932481734.png (284x352, 124K)

too bad it's a single game divided in 4 (5?) fucking parts all sold at full price.
These japs are such fucking jews. This is probably the most expansive serie I've ever bought since there are never decent sales.

Okay, Alisacuck

not just that there are also no bundle at all
not for CS and neither for TiS
it's like Falcom/XSeed don't even care.

the endings are always great.

When you're listening to the radio and the broadcaster starts talking to the people in the room

The prelude to the finale in Crossbell was great too. You just encounter some normal thing and decide to call the military base for advice, but no one answers.

>huh, that's weird, try calling Police Headquarters
>no one is answering there either, sir
>then your dog starts growling at the door

Seething Laurakeks

Post all the valid critisms of the CS games without spoiling anything. I just fucking started the first game and is absolutely loving it.

Attached: confused.png (314x278, 129K)

I can't believe I'm saying that is one of the best thread currently on Yea Forums, and that's solely because of the minimal cumbrainposting, like fuck man.

Slow start. That's just about it.

CS 1 is okay. As a whole, CS feels lower quality

Haha... Rean truly controls our desires...

Well I don't know about starting it fresh. It's mostly bad compared to the original trilogy because it was weaker characters and the battles became final fantasy tier-easy.

In the sky games, battles were so great. You would lose all the time and every boss had a different gimmick and status effects would actually work so sometimes you could randomly try petrify and just instantly win because that stuff isn't auto-disabled on bosses. and they throw in basically unbeatable bosses but give you the option to throw in the towel and still advance the story but if you're really dedicated you could beat it anyway.

anyway this never happens in cold steel you just always win or ride a meme elevator where people save you from the fight after you get them to 75% HP.

I guess. I am currently at the start of chapter 2 and I feel like this game is Persona4lite. I like Persona though. Still waiting for when I can freely travel the world through the "trails of cold steel" freely and not within field studies.

Attached: yui.gif (500x375, 259K)

Everyone loves or least tolerates CS1 at first, it's CS2 when that dread for a franchise starts setting in and maturing.

Did anyone else get absolutely bored during nord highlands 1?

I'll probably keep this in mind and lower my expectations on CS2. CS1 on hard first playthrough is actually making my noggin joggin and is actually aside from elliot shitting the bed.

tbqh I though I would love the trails game on psp as it was regarded by most as the best but the art design turned me off. I really didn't like how Chrono Trigger looked and it gave me the same vibes.

>orbment mechanics are dumbed down
>story writing is noticeably worse and more simplistic than before
>MC is worse than ones in previous arcs
>bloated cast with extremely uneven development and relevance to the main plot
>overarching plot threads resolved in a banal fashion
The list goes on.

Attached: WaltTheSkyBoomer.png (567x518, 51K)

there's one fight where you have to literally put your 4 party members each in the furthest corners of the grid because the boss has a mega attack than can strike almost the whole map, but you can keep one person alive if you have maximum distance between everybody to revive the rest and this is the easy part of the fight because halfway through, the helmet gets knocked off and this just makes her angry.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

Rean's game is so shit

Attached: 57892883_p0.png (800x800, 724K)

Or you just cast ignore physical damage and reflect magical damage to make her kill herself

Fishing with Rean!
And Estelle!

Attached: 1536308107074.jpg (1887x1200, 1.59M)

imagine the gangbang

Says the dungeon crawler boy.

Attached: void harder.jpg (1000x1190, 121K)

cringe

It's only worth imagining if it's imagined without Joshua present.

Well do you see Joshua there? Me neither.It's the protagonist only -club.

youtube.com/watch?v=7sBaiEMIovU

Attached: 113.png (1221x1745, 3.04M)

If you include one side-game clown you have to include the other too

youtube.com/watch?v=3W1JrJU-lUs

Attached: 049.png (1221x1742, 3.45M)

youtube.com/watch?v=OcY53YUpf8Q

Attached: 019.png (1218x1746, 3.25M)

For me, it was the school festival. Jenis was bland enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=x6rZ6ziUDGw

Attached: 074.png (1746x1221, 3.3M)

and then in Cold Steel she gets cucked to death
truly, this series knows no bounds of absurdity

リィン...

ハハ。。

>In the sky games, battles were so great. You would lose all the time and every boss had a different gimmick and status effects would actually work so sometimes you could randomly try petrify and just instantly win because that stuff isn't auto-disabled on bosses. and they throw in basically unbeatable bosses but give you the option to throw in the towel and still advance the story but if you're really dedicated you could beat it anyway.
what
Sky was piss easy and there was a single boss you could lose to in all three games
not even once you could run from bosses

on normal difficulty you can kill pretty much anything no matter your setup
late game you can use the global black magic attack to kill everything in the first couple of turns boss included
why are you lying

damn, looks like Rean don't fuck around none. kinda drunk rn, looking for a long not serious JRPG series to zone out with and chill while getting drunk, and this dude might be good for laughs. What are the best options to play his games, thx in advance.

Attached: winecutie.jpg (512x288, 22K)

Steam version is very good
PS4 version is basically the PC version ported to console
There’s the vita version but bad graphics and no turbo mode

thanks bby, time for waifus and wild rides galore

Attached: aquabeer.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Go forth and claim what is yours

Attached: 70537D43-758E-47F5-9064-483AECD175F2.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

So in the end those prologue things are not related to anything right?

Haha...

They may officially be prologues to Rean's game but Zero and Ao are still sort of worth playing

Just how does Rean do it? Are those headpats a Divine Blade technique secretly devised by Rean the God King Machine of Zemuria himself?

T.Kondo

Interviewer: From the entire Kiseki series, which character are you the most attached to?

Kondo: It has got to be Rean. This whole time these five years... even longer than Estelle!... I've been with Rean since he entered school until the end of Sen 4. There's not really any specific scene/line from him, but I've just become deeply attached to him during this whole time. While I've portrayed him for longer than others, I feel like he's also been the most human character. Estelle was a very pure character... always courageous, brilliant throughout her time. In comparison, Rean has a lot of weak and rough elements to him. He's relatable like how you view your family, you don't always just see the good parts... you see each other's weak and timid sides too. So in that sense I'd say I'm even more attached to Rean than either Estelle or Lloyd. I think Rean is the most deeply (and longest) protrayed character in Kiseki series. By the way, every time I always feel sorry for Rean. Like "Yamero, yametekureee" and all that (laughs).

From Dengeki stream about Trails

God, I feel like I'm reading a Stockholm Syndrome victim's interview. It's weird he'd say that, considering he's a massive Skyfag in a lot of other respects.

Probably skyfag but Estelle might not been his favourite

Thanks fucking Rufus, you done nothing after but get punched by your little brother and go to jail shortly after

haha that's our Alberea for you

(laughs)

Haha what

Clearly it must be Oliver, he liked him so much that he made a female version of him in Cold Steel haha

I mean he survived the bomb on his ship and only got the cool eyepatch as well marrying the gypsy

That's our IS for you

Unironically better school war story than Cold Steel

Not exactly hard to achieve.