MARKET CHADS RISE UP

SO WHAT IS HAPPENING?
>People found out that certain crates in tf2 gives 100% unusuals
>A shitload of people abuse this
>Hats worth thousands of dollars are now worth 40
>Cheaper hats could be bought for a little more than a key (Some even less)
>Valve shuts down the market and tf2 economy
>All glitched hats removed from the market
>Glitched hats bought from the market are different than Hats unboxed and never sold (An hat that never left the inventory and goes into another)
>Market hats are going to be trade able tomorrow. While every other glitched hat is viewed as non-tradable, marketable and not being used in crafting.
>Market hats are going to stay while every other glitched hat is going to be deleted.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TL;DR
>If your glitched unusual was bought from the market or looks like whats in the image (nothing about trading or marketable in the parentheses) You will keep the hat
>If it says not tradable and not marketable in the parentheses the hat is going to get deleted
Also a tf2 thread

Attached: cratechads.jpg (387x527, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/
reddit.com/user/vjill
steamcommunity.com/id/FearGX/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

team fortress 2

i unboxed 5 hats and none of them are marked like the way you are claiming btw

no way is anything in tf2 still worth thousands. do retards still care about unusuals that much? didn't the market crash anyway with buds being work like $5 along with bill's hat?

>not usable in crafting
what does that even change ? you wouldn't use an unusual hat to craft something

fuck that
sell everything you have and buy games with it
don't spend hundreds of dollars on this shit

i dunno why they did that because you can still just delete the hats if you want

>believing in a redditor
What a joke

This is not the most expensive hat but it is expensive

Attached: buriningteamcaptain.jpg (683x348, 29K)

is there a source anywhere that says any of that? I didn't buy any unusuals because i'm happy with my current loadout, but i'm curious which side is gonna be the one to get BTFO

nobody is going to buy a burning tc for cash in 2019 especially after this latest fiasco

High Tier effect Team Captains still sell at around two to five thousand dollars, but are nowhere near the ridiculous prices that they are on the spreadsheet. Like the Burning flames TC is going for like $5k on marketplace tf, but is nowhere near the $12k suggested price on backpack tf.

Buds and Bill's crashed because it got to the point where there there were too few to be reliably used as currency, also their main use was to indicate higher values when you could only trade 8 items at a time (meaning that without them, the highest an unusual could sell for was 8 keys), but when the new trading system came in, they no longer had a use and fell off in value.

This is from a redditor after contacting steam support.
Source:reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/

Attached: steam support.png (893x257, 63K)

Who gives a fuck about hats you can't even see them while you're playing lmao. grow up

Attached: 1474312050961.jpg (277x271, 16K)

You got a source for that, bub?

Attached: 1564347681747.jpg (351x401, 9K)

I heard that apparently like 20 BF TC's were unboxed last friday, which means their value has been at least halved.

go back

I want to sell my hat and get a small profit from it. If it am lucky then I could get 15 dollars from a 3 dollar "investment"

I love when kids place dollar values next to digital collectables. Like someone other than a child is actually going to pay real money for a digital hat.

>Client-side exploit

Attached: 1533418455514.png (415x353, 111K)

>403k glitched unboxed unusuals ready too flood the market
Tick Tock readies Tick Tock

Attached: 1564420026034.jpg (160x192, 6K)

I bought the old kingdom hat for 5 bucks. It now sells for 114 bucks. A hat sold 2 days ago for 75 dollars easily.

Going to make a 70 dollar profit or more tomorrow.

market is going to crash seconds after launching and we will be looking at thousands of bans.

Good luck. I was never too interested in investing in pixels but if you can make like a 1500% profit like that, I won't shit on you for it.

It's probably an automated response, apparently it's up to the TF2 team on how to handle it, so ignore everything that comes from steam until an official announcement is given.

I don't even play this shit anymore. I just wanted to dab on hat hoarding faggots. I bought 2 other hats but the old kingdom was the most expensive one. The other two are worth around 50 bucks when I spent only 4 on it

Who the fuck buys hats for tf2? Actually who the fuck still plays tf2.

pretty sure if they don't allow you to trade the items when you paid for tradable items that'd be considered misleading business practice

tick... tock... tradefags
1 day left until you fucking die

i bought some of my taunts and i still play tf2.
the game is like coal about to burn out, you can see its about to die but its still going strong
also tell me why its not a good idea to support a game i like

>Actually who the fuck still plays tf2.
55k in game right now. Shit on TF2 all you will but you can't deny that it's impressive it's still pulling in those numbers after nearly 12 years.

are you faggots really this pathetic? worried about "hats" instead of just playing the fucking game?

oh yeah it'd be completely false advertising, considering it wasn't an exploit. It's like when amazon fuck up and list a Gopro for $30 rather than $300, they still have to honor it if they've taken payment, as otherwise it's false advertising.

I'm not so much worried as I am interested in seeing how this whole shitshow comes to a close. Valve is in a precarious position with this.

I am getting free money from this so yes I care a little bit

>2019
>actually playing TF2

We just want to see the market burn so we can drink whale tears.

> support a game
Wtf are you supporting exactly

im not buying anything right now since the game is dying, but i always bought some of my taunts from mann co with a thought in mind that valve will see that i bought stuff in tf2 giving an incentive to put more effort into the game.
is this bad thinking?

>you can't deny that it's impressive it's still pulling in those numbers after nearly 12 years

Why do you redditors always use this shitty argument? It's not impressive because it was constantly worked on ever since it came out, the date it was first released is irrelevant because it was a different game on release.

I dunno, I’ve never brought anything from a game in my life I find it a strange concept.

nice reddit spacing

This

>Muh Reddit boogeyman

Attached: 15310518.png (293x265, 111K)

>le reddit spacing maymay

lurk more newfag

Attached: hOVKT[1].png (909x720, 107K)

samefagging this hard

the fact is my first purchase, (i think it was some taunt) was after i played the game for a year or two. The game is f2p and they made it f2p in hope that they would break even with the microtransactions (ie mann co store), so to pay for my game i just buy something from the store.
the fact that additionally to buying my item i also got the premium version of the game, increasing my weapon/hat drop rate, giving me a bonus hat and giving me the ability to trade my own tf2 items with others (i remember that if you are f2p you can only trade items you got from someone else) so it was also a good purchase for me.
i never bought much in a game, i only bought like 5 things with additional tour of duty tickets which cost me maybe like 50$ or something, but thats okay since i can get back my money often from the specialized killstreak weapons and the australium force of nature i got in like a 4th tour, so im pretty fine with how much i spent my money on this.

You got me.

Attached: 1532001711864.jpg (750x750, 27K)

And it's barely been worked on in the past 4 years, during which it's still been one of the top 10 games on Steam.

Mine's still locked till tomorrow and only worth 20€ by now. Better then nothing.

They only locked those which were unboxed later in the day. The early ones are still trade- and marketable.

Attached: 1534363183491.jpg (500x500, 33K)

read the thread

So, Heavy update when?
What do you want to see?
Considering Pyro got a primary, two secondaries, & a melee, while Heavy got a secondary, I figure Heavy may soon get a primary, a secondary, and two melees, while Pyro gets a Melee.

>Do my work for me
No.

>sold #82 and #85 crates
>bought an unusual
>mfw no consequences
>will probably sell after this
where were you when tradefags and glitchfags got BTFO?

Attached: happy.png (750x725, 810K)

>jungle inferno was 2017
>still no heavy update

fuck off

Sitting in my pyjamas drinking a big mug of coffee as I made the easiest 70 britbucks of my life.

>top 10
Hate to break it to you but it's struggled to break even the top 10 daily for at least a few of years now. It still receives a regular amount of updates for a multiplayer fps.There are far older games that received no updates, like AoE2, they are actually impressive for that, TF2 isn't. You can't seriously compare 2015 and 2019 TF2 and say they're the same game, even with smaller updates, the game has still changed drastically. It's expected for a game that is constantly being worked on to retain its audience, hence why it's not impressive.

I got fallout new vegas with every dlc and an all class unusual

Attached: 1564684072704.jpg (899x650, 393K)

>This bug made Valve quick and very easy 67k bux thnks to market usage cut and bought keys
If I were Valve, I would no doubt dab on tradeniggers and rebrand this bug as an event, and promise to do that again sometimes. There. Easy money.

Attached: 1471605027918.jpg (282x272, 13K)

> sold crates and bought unusuals because unboxing are illegal
> worked in my favour
wew

Attached: 1564254425885.jpg (1024x989, 98K)

>redistrubution of hats (wealth)
>capitalist tradeniggers dabbed on
>yfw this was the real heavy update

Attached: cea[1].jpg (550x413, 23K)

>Some literally who redditor

Oh so fake and gay, gotcha.

what fucking retards actually kept the hats and didnt buy vidya with all the money
>he actually walks around like this

Attached: 92bt5o1m1uwz.jpg (1300x769, 66K)

>sold crates for $280 or so total
>unboxed 7 of them
>doesn't say "not tradable" in parenthesis
feels good

Attached: sniffles.png (670x578, 345K)

that's a lie i unboxed 3 about 20 mins before they turned off the item servers. however, i did throw name tags on them because i thought that might mess up whatever they intended to do

Nah, that's not how it works in real life and it's not how it works on the internet. A wrong price is handled with a refund and a coupon if they feel generous, they are under no obligation to honor incorrect pricing. Do note that you are mistaking incorrect promotional material for a simple incorrect price on an item either on its store page or in the shopping cart, one is a case of actual false advertising, despite it being an error, and the other is more akin to a misplaced price tag.

>Can't use The Carl with Heavy's Hockey Hair to complete my MGS4 Ocelot set
>Yet this shit can happen
Fucking CHRIST

Attached: 1536008630778.png (431x455, 111K)

>sold all my crates and made over 500 bucks
>not going to get banned, and i can get games for free
feels good

>implying i like video games
go to bed grandpa

i didn't know children used some different, useless currency

But Heavy's family were Whites in the Russian Revolution.

>21 thousands keys were used up during the time the glitch was working acording to backpack.tf

So nothing concrete

Gotcha

yeah but more often than not it is honored because of three key reasons:
A) It looks good to the consumer, not only do those who do get lucky with the incorrect pricing get a massive discount, it attracts other buyers as it's seen as an honest move by the company.
B) It doesn't waste the consumer's time. If you order an incorrectly priced item and the company refunds you without your asking because it was the wrong price, then it's wasted your time, and that's not good for repeat business.
C) It avoids the litigation headache. Any decent Jew lawyer will seize on something like that, and simply honoring an incorrect price avoids the possibility of lawsuits and legal fees, or even having to settle.

Even if it isn't strictly false advertising, there's likely some kind of legal pot hole that could be used to litigate against valve if they decided to change the status of the unusuals because of their mistake.

>heavy will be buffed
>does 500% more damage to unusual wearing players

>"I-It goes into the top 11 sometimes, that's means it's DEAD!"
>"O-Occasional tournament medals mean that the game is being updated regularly!"
>"B-Because of these 'regular updates', that means that game is constantly being worked on, because these tournament medals that 99% of the playerbase never sees have been keeping the game alive for the past four years!"
God, you're trying to grasp hard it's pathetic. Embarrassing.

Attached: 1463280169799.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Tomorrow will be a good day no matter the outcome

>Tradefags meltdown because their hats are now worthless
>Bugfags meltdown because their hats are now worthless

Attached: 1563906837125.jpg (320x302, 12K)

>Heavy gets buffed
>Instakill on all Communists

gotta prepare the tear harvest

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-15-14h57m26s109.jpg (415x448, 91K)

Chaos is the only correct answer.

This screenshot literally predates Reddit. We stopped doing that the moment most sites started using double spacing, while dinosaur Yea Forums with its 90s interface could do singles.

>meltdown
The only meltdown will come from you fags pretending to be whoever "loses" with your oh nono no no bros..... memes and your crying wojaks though.

>never said it was dead
>game receives regular updates as per its needs like any other game, the size of these patches is completely arbitrary
>strawmanning this hard
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
did I piss of a janny?

I want something that makes his strafe while shooting faster, in exchange for health.

9CET7-VN2YE-VI2BD

Attached: Steam.png (256x256, 56K)

What tf2 team?

>muh secrit klub faggotry

wtf is this a mario maker level?

>always have steam closed whenever someone posts one of these
One day.

The janitor that comes in occasionally to clear the cobwebs from the office.

what in the world did I just activate?

the 12-15 people who still work on the game, who do you think puts in all those tournament medals and updates localization files?

I thought that was the potted plant

So glad I sold all my hats years ago. Fuck valve.

If even the jannies realize how retarded you're being, then you know you're being pretty fuckin' stupid. It's pretty obvious too, the way you're trying to insinuate that tournament medals and localization file updates constitute as regular updates in the sense that they alone have been responsible for maintaining the game's player numbers. "Updated localization files" is a meme for a reason, it's an update comprised of fucking nothing. I'm not making fun of you because I can't refute your argument, I'm making fun of you because you have no argument.

Attached: 1488900745130.png (499x338, 38K)

meet the man responsible for the unusual bug

Attached: LuVFNHw[1].gif (320x240, 376K)

I don't know why this made me giggle.

Attached: 1532201699765.png (1024x576, 1017K)

Tell that to all of the trading sites that were in DEFCON 1 during the happening.

Attached: Summary_of_v.png (582x515, 35K)

>it's the jannies job to validate my argument and silence yours!!!
>UPDATES HAVE TO FIT MY ARBITRARY STANDARDS TO BE VALID
like no dude, the game just doesn't need huge updates every month to stay relevant, but that doesn't mean the game hasn't had regular updates and isn't being maintained, even if it is by a skeleton crew. You're the one with the shit tier argument and is so fragile that he loses his shit when someone says the game is "not impressive."

>I'm not making fun of you because I can't refute your argument, I'm making fun of you because you have no argument

Says the guy who's presented no counter evidence and has strawmanned every point I've made.

This screenshot isnt even from fucking Yea Forums, it's from some shitty Kusaba X imageboard in 2008
I don't know why the fuck so many newfags post this as evidence of "old Yea Forums" when its not even that

>people didn't realize that 85 dropped with 100% chance stat tracks worth 20-50 bucks and only cost 3 dollars + key
>these went under the radar because UNUSUALS UNUSUALS!!!!!
>tfw opened shittons of them and made a bank and also own 4 unusuals
Thank you, raving lunatics
because of you, valve missed the stat tracks because you were so fucking latched onto the unusuals, they didn't become untradeable, got enough stat tracks to fund me games for the next couple of years

kind of missed this whole fiasco, should i look through my inventory to see if its worth anything or is it all over

>stat tracks
This isn't CSGO retard

The best part is they didn't even fix those crates lmao

it's old chan culture though. The point is it doesn't matter, shit like reddit spacing is just a meme for insecure fags to make themselves look like they belong. Going around enforcing secret club rules is some subreddit moderator shit.

and also can i make any profit from buying keys?

Tad confused here. I had an 82 and I bought a key and unboxed it got an unusual. So are they just gonna straight yank it from my inventory no refund?

Wait, that shit's still going on for those crates?

That's right. Maybe you shouldn't have exploited the system.

No that's just tradefag cope, Valve said they would release a fix after last weekend but they still have no idea what to do.

Huh thats a shame. The people that get hurt the most are the ones who exploited it the least. Ah well 2.50 bucks down the drain.

I would post an image but gookmoot has blocked my from posting images
I meant "Killstreak Kits", I haven't played this shit for nearly 10 years, I wouldn't know if it tracks kills or what

I agree
We need better moderation not more retards that devolve everything fucking thread into accusations of who is a redditnigger or a tranny

I unboxed several of those before the bug was patched and got shit worth a few bucks, you must have gotten incredibly lucky.

Killstreak kits only drop from MvM, theyre not uncratable
I don't even get the point of posting easily debunkable lies in a thread. Is this your idea of fun?

>shit like reddit spacing is just a meme for insecure fags
i wish

Attached: fourchan spacing.png (866x475, 53K)

>the game just doesn't need huge updates every month to stay relevant
Exactly, the game is still relevant because of its core gameplay. And when was this core gameplay introduced? 2007. To lay it out for you even more clearly: The core gameplay of TF2 has been keeping the game alive since 2007, to the point where it still regularly has 50k+ concurrent players daily, and is one of the most played games on Steam. This defeats your argument here , as the aspects of TF2 that have kept it alive have been in the game since its inception.

>Says the guy who's presented no counter evidence and has strawmanned every point I've made.
I've presented all of the evidence, you just choose to ignore it because you can't accept or refute any of it. You will do the same to this post.

Mann Co. Supply Munition Series #83

This crate contains one of the following Killstreak Kit.
Kits obtained might be Specialized or Professional.
Killstreak Rocket Launcher Kit
Killstreak Scattergun Kit
Killstreak Sniper Rifle Kit
Killstreak Shotgun Kit
Killstreak Ubersaw Kit
Killstreak Gloves of Running Urgently Kit
Killstreak Spy-cicle Kit
Killstreak Axtinguisher Kit

I got nothing but professional killstreak kits and sold each for 10-50 bucks
stay seething, retard

>separating thoughts and/or paragraphs is reddit spacing
>the way people use spacing is enough to start an argument
i hate what the internet has become

Attached: 1552609138188.png (720x720, 519K)

What a bunch of faggots. This is what oldfags are so proud of?

>says 85
>actually i meant 83
And no, you didnt. Again, why lie on an anonymous imageboard. Do you have autism?

Not him but you're either full of shit or incredibly lucky, I unboxed 4 of them and only got one professional kit when the bug was happening.

Its basically zoomers trying to gate keep a site that they only started to use in the last 1-5 years. Anyone who has been here for a prolonged time knows that "reddit spacing" isn't a thing.

I didn't remember which one gave the kits, 83 or 85, does that really sound so outlandish mistake to you that it must be a false claim?
And how the fuck does that change the reality that 83 dropped kits worth more than the crates?

i just post it because it gets autists seething

stfu lol

A sentence is not a paragraph and If you can't keep track of a real paragraph, you might be legitimately illiterate

another user here
i can confirm the ones with killstreaks are 83, since i unboxed one and got the spycicle specialized killstreak kit

>Wow, look at these people having dumb fun. Don't they know that everything on the Internet has to be a serious argument? Where is the political commentary, the virtue signaling?
I don't blame you for not understanding, I blame the world you grew up in.

This reminds me. I need to sell all my hats because I don't even play this anymore.

>Single sentence is a paragraph

Oh I

Am

Lau

Ing

uhh no you're the retard here sweetie

Attached: Screenshot_997.png (645x234, 18K)

What you call having fun, I call being a faggot.

You might want to take middle school English again user...

>Mfw I sold like 30 boxes leftover from years ago when I still played, and now on top of having like 300+- euro from this fiasco gained i get to watch shit like this happen

Attached: BIGGER.png (411x486, 380K)

This is better "free games" than what epic's giving out
Thanks TF2 team!

A paragraph is a portion of text that conveys a single idea or message, it can be as short as long as it needs to be. None of that 5 sentence bullshit applies once you get out of school.

Well guess what? We're all faggots just for being here. And if you're gonna be a faggot, you might as well try to be a good one.

CAN I STILL PROFIT FROM THIS?

yes

Well, user, that's a very good point you're making there. Why should we use the mythical 'Reddit spacing' when we can have all of our points be in one long block of text that you certainly will read in one go? I mean, it's like a giant screencap of multiple posts in one! Why wouldn't anyone NOT want to just keep reading a long sentence without any notable difference in it's point? Have any of you guys tried the new burger from McDonald's? The around the world one? It kinda tastes like shit to be fair. But yeah, why would anyone want to do that? They must be Reddit for sure! I know that you've only browsed the site for less than 2 years and want to fit in by hating Reddit, but that phase has pretty much passed. You're only Reddit if you're a gaping vagina, which you are definitely if you're spamming multiple threads to fit in with anonymous faggots from around the world. Use a tripcode so we can at least block you.

Attached: 1532138620251.jpg (744x752, 72K)

GRR ME CANT READ IT ME ON PHONE

>Well, user, that's a very good point you're making there.

>Why should we use the mythical 'Reddit spacing' when we can have all of our points be in one long block of text that you certainly will read in one go?

>I mean,

> it's like a giant screencap of multiple posts in one!

>Why wouldn't anyone NOT want to just keep reading a long sentence without any notable difference in it's point?

>Have any of you guys tried the new burger from McDonald's?

>The around the world one?

>It kinda tastes like shit to be fair.

>But yeah, why would anyone want to do that?

>They must be Reddit for sure!

>I know that you've only browsed the site for less than 2 years and want to fit in by hating Reddit,

>but that phase has pretty much passed.

>You're only Reddit if you're a gaping vagina, which you

> are definitely if you're spamming multiple threads to fit in with anonymous faggots from around the world.

>Use a tripcode so we can at least block you.

You forgot to use the tripcode, user.

single spacing only began when phonefags started appearing, if you use a phone as your primary internet device, you are a zoom zoom and a newfag and should probably just fuck off

Hatfags are pathetic.

Attached: Screenshot_998.png (937x103, 10K)

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF LEDDIT

>reddit
>client-side exploit

post official TF2/valve sources or get the fuck out

No way. Really? Was it really a fake? I cannot believe this. Surely this is a joke right? Who would have seen this coming? Impossible.

>reddit.com/user/vjill
>it's real

Are you actually fucking kidding me right now?
It's just that easy to get (You)s

How new are you

Looks like a Customer Support Monkey is just throwing out default responses.
Valve literally can't touch these hats, they need to be treated as any other Unusual otherwise they're breaking the law.
Hats are treated as digital goods and tampering/removing them after they've been paid for is illegal and breaks anti-trust laws. Valve can (and likely will) get in to some seriously deep shit if they bother trying this.

From a customer's point of view, the crates are a service and they worked as intended. Receiving an Unusual hat from opening a crate is within the scope of outcomes possible from opening one. Now, say, if they dropped Max's Heads or Earbuds which aren't within the scope of potential items to gain from these crates, then there might be a leg to stand on.
But this isn't the case.

tradefags and quicksellfags btfo'd once again

Attached: 1552956055911.png (371x339, 144K)

>we
Sorry newfag, it's just you.

>Looks like a Customer Support Monkey is just throwing out default responses.
Not even that. It's literally just some dude who shooped a fake response.

Like shit, I knew there was something amiss when I googled Wolff and nothing relating to the Steam Team came out.

>craft hat
>money stolen
Yea Forumsalve shills will defend this

Attached: 1543690852211.jpg (596x590, 54K)

i fucking hate reddit. bunch of brain dead, fucking faggot pack mentality libtards.

Attached: 1564560673192.jpg (472x482, 16K)

it's just like this place but this place is edgier

imagine unironically using libtard

nice pack mentality idiot, maybe write something unique once in your life

You're posting in a 150+ post thread reacting to that same leddit post mate.

Honest question, Why are there even conflicting cosmetics?
Why did valve decide "no you can't wear both those things at the same time."?

>It becomes difficult to discern which class they are with conflicting cosmetics
It becomes difficult to discern which class they are with ALL cosmetics.

>they look ugly when they clip through each-other
that's subjective

>Why would you want cosmetics to clip through each-other?
It's not about why, it's about why not

I want valve to give us a 100% no-conflicts update

I'd disagree with you a long time ago, but seeing what hats they've added the last few years might as well remove restrictions and let people create any kind of atrocity.

Oh no no no no no...

Attached: fchfxt241vd31.png (1800x950, 422K)

retard

upvoted redditbro

I don't mean the style or type of cosmetic
I mean 'let me wear 3 hats that all overlap on my head at once and look like trash because it's funny'

it'd make the ultra autists that horde unusual cosmetics very upset

I know. Before when there weren't as many hats I'd disagree with your suggestion but now with all the garbage in the game already it wouldn't affect the silhouettes that much so might as well remove the restrictions and let people wear whatever.

>they're deleting unusuals
>source: second hand reddit post from a tradefag
>most glitched unusuals don't even meet the criteria in OP's post to be deleted
Reminder that traderfags faked tradeban screenshots during the initial craze

Attached: forgotten ian.png (632x492, 285K)

Just downloaded tf2 again. is the game even playable today? I used to love pubstomping, but then they released that patch that added ranks and shit and totally ruined match making. and i havent played since then. will i even enjoy tf2 if i were to play it now?

Attached: WA2rHpm.png (260x161, 10K)

>mfw I didn't participate in this clusterfuck at all and now I'm just laughing at all the fat nerds who care about virtual hats and the cucks who are getting their unusuals deleted

Attached: comfy.jpg (600x579, 42K)

((We)) win again

Attached: 1456757033721.png (436x436, 170K)

its the same game it's always been bro

Attached: 20190610221817_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Most of these items already lost their red text and can't be traded or marketed. The hats are worthless until Valve does something (meaning the hats are worthless forever.)

The UI, matchmaking, and a few weapons have taken some hits, but it's still the same game beneath all of that.

Attached: 20180527022425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

>No official decision 1 day before they become tradeable
What have they done

Why didnt you just sell the crates instead?

Attached: hUOtFzd.png (59x39, 790)

we'll know tomorrow for sure i guess

>tfw still working on that Yea Forums map
>tfw tempted to throw it out because it's full of sloppy brushwork
feels batmen

I opened one and sold the rest

Because the jews at valve locked my accounts with the crates for 7 days because I hadn't logged into them for years

>we

yikes, thats cringe my dude

What do you guys think is going to happen to the hats?

everyone keeps them and they all become tradable

I have no idea and honestly I don't care.
The easiest solution would be to make them permanently untradable I assume but I have no idea about international laws

They stay as they are for eternity because the TF2 team have no idea what the fuck to do

I sold them all for a tidy little sum and bought a couple vidya games. A part of me is wishing I opened one for shits and giggles since I've never actually had an unusual in my 10 years of playing TF2.

Either they'll just stay the way they are. only they'll be replaced with 2 keys or something.

At most, they stay untradable.
Most likely, nothing.

>Client-side exploit
>Subject to removal
>Steam Sub Agreement
Can someone tell me who thought this was a good fake response to soothe tradkeks' assholes?

Attached: 8e62124c2293e3e3f158b6f7f8a29259.jpg (200x206, 18K)

Untradable. They might get some special bonus added to them though but still untradable and unmarketable.

>selling a bunch of crates for that amount
instead of
>getting 1(one) unusual and selling it tomorrow
lmaoing @ ur life

no hat trannies are going to be buying any hats for any good price tomorrow

i'd rather be the one selling the lottery ticket than the one buying it.

What the hell is wrong with Valve?
I got a discount coupon in the last sale, so I bought a game by completing its price with three more bucks or so. My purchase was immediately refunded, so I sent a ticket to Valve and after a generic response, I pressed them further and the dude said I got my coupon by mistake, so they refunded my purchase without any warning. I ended up with the credits in my account, but without the discount, I had no game I wanted to buy. No actual store would get away with refunding a purchase because they gave away a coupon "by mistake".

>tfw wanted prey
>prey + mooncrash get discounted to 8euro
>crate glitch, sell my crates, get 8 euro and buy prey deluxe

Thank you based retards at valve

How did this really enjoyable game from the orange box turn into a trading simulator for virtual hats that are worth multiple thousand dollars?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Trannies and furries

Wait, are they actually deleting hats that people legitimately unboxed? I didn't even get to take advantage of it, and I think that's silly. It's a fucking cosmetic. Who cares?

Attached: nonon_jakuzure_gut__stream_sketch__by_metalforever_dbhx1sl-fullview.jpg (1024x1137, 85K)

Are... are my hats from the time I played more than 1000 hours of tf2 worth anything?
Is there a website to calculate this via your steam account?

tradefags, the same ones who doctored that screenshot.

>He hasn't obtained the 225 stars needed to get the Canteen Crasher Uber Medal.
What's your excuse user?

Attached: 20190801203333_1.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

No, they won't delete them because they'll end up in a lot of hot water. The worst they'll do is mark them as untradable for good.

How do you even meet people who are playing MVM on this level

If they are just regular unique hats, then probably not. Things like last breath and team captain still can have some value tho

There are always people playing on the servers, their skills are questionable though

its to distinguish that its from the glitch, people will still see the uncraftable status and try to get uppity. i've literally already had people in casual try to act smug because they were dumb enough to buy them full price and i got the same thing for a fraction of the cost

>see bug happened
>Get on for the first time in a year
>Make $20 selling crates
>Figure I may as well unload my unnaffected weapons and hats while the markets hot
>Bunch of piddly $1-$5 sales nbd itll be a free game in a week
>Unusual I traded for a year ago for ~20 keys is worth $700 according to the system
>Just noticed it isnt unusual
>Its a strange unusual with a better effect than the one that sold last week for hundreds
How do I sell this thing for money? I doubt anyones coming to the marketplace for a $700+ hat

It's like when traders seethed about the Max's Severed Head being duped and drove down the price, then acted like their non duped Max's heads were better. Who gives a shit, its the same fucking hat regardless if its glitched, duped, etc
But theyre better than us because we paid 2.50 for the sparklehats they paid 2,500 for :^)

What's the hat?

you're going to wait months to possibly over a year unless you go down to the buy order price, i'd use marketplace.tf since on SCM valve already takes a cut, then to cash out you'd have to get keys, transfer them over to a third party site anyway, and then have to give them their cut too when you sell

pic
probably just get back into tf2 then to shit up pubs as battle medic with it on then because that sounds like work

Attached: what do.jpg (381x917, 77K)

This hat is max 30euro...

yeah this isnt going to be 700 dollars senpai

yeah im a massive faggot i just noticed that. I never really used the marketplace so I misread the graphs

Put it on the market for 100-300.
The unusual type is shit but the strange and unusual is rare.

Abusing bugs is a service problem, not a player problem.

Wasn't that community MvM event supposed to be a limited time only thing? Can you still get the stuff for it?

but on the upside it will probably turn into a free game from 20 keys

It's worth 20 keys, 25 max.

I don't care what the outcome is going to be.

I simply want to THANK all those guys who bought the crates. Thank you very much for this generous contribution to my steam wallet.

Attached: anymanwouldwantthis.png (373x464, 222K)

>this retard thinks this is worth more than $100

>Massed flies

Attached: 1527878873690.jpg (750x748, 82K)

They are going to just let the TF2 economy take the hit because they are more worried about potential lawsuits, international law and the backlash from non-traderfags than they are from TF2's economy crashing.

Tell you what ill give you a deal 150 copies of bad rats and its yours

Its themed

They are going to be treated as normal unusuals because otherwise Valve is getting sued for at least the cost of keys to open those crates.

>Its themed

Attached: 1564539553714.png (539x910, 659K)

>Its themed
Fucking tradefags

>Its themed
Is the theme "flies flying around a shit hat"

Attached: 32.jpg (390x310, 28K)

steamcommunity.com/id/FearGX/
add me if you have no unusuals. if you have any I will block you
if you have any spy strange items or fancy spy cosmetics in your backpack, I will know you are a cl_interp 5 shitter and will block you

Attached: demoman.jpg (128x128, 7K)

>Its themed

Attached: 1532201695945.png (652x654, 391K)

Unusuals rot the brain

If it was the Swagman's Swatter, then maybe, because that's the actual use of the hat irl, but even then the effect fucking sucks.

Yes, it is the community-based event. And the event was "supposed" to end yesterday, but it's in limbo currently since the new event they're planning isn't finished yet.

>legitimately unboxed
cringe, kill yourself tradefag

i have maxs hat and a low medal (under 1k) is it worth anything nowadays lads

>posts his steamID asking for people to add him
>pretending he has any right to act high and mighty

Attached: 1551035865573.gif (470x437, 1.55M)

>max hat
100 billion dollars for a fur faggot / trade fag

>reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/
literally fake you tard

seething
delete your unusual and you can add me

>cl_interp 5
Do retards really do this? Are there people on the internet that think it helps them in any way? Is there anyone on this plane of existence that understands source networking at the most basic level?

Attached: mcfucking had it.jpg (436x536, 51K)

sorry for having the tism and wanting to collect strange items

This is what I think about Golden Frying pans. If I ever got one, I would try for at least $500-$700, not the $1k-$4k that's """suggested"". Because unless a son of a Russian Oligarch is interested, ain't no one going to drop that much on kitchenware painted yellow.

Not either I actually bought the game to get maxs hat and never traded it, my medal is also my own

Thanks though nigger

>reinstall tf2 because of all the commotion about hats
>go to server browser because fuck matchmaking
>all the populated servers are trade servers, meme gamemodes, and furry servers
>close tf2
I've done this 4 or 5 times now. It is so depressing, I keep going back and thinking "last time I was just checking during dead hours, I'll come back later" only to find that to still be the case.
Matchmaking was a fucking mistake.

Attached: dwowning.png (500x445, 102K)

Valve should remove all the glitched hats that were unboxed and not sold and replace them with a key and the crate that was used to unbox the hat. But they won't, because, it's valve.

>they’re STILL decided on what to do
lmao

>has strange weapon
>it's pyro flamethrower
>it is easy to kill with it so it should have a bunch of kills
>only ten kills
>acts like a trader
>less than 4 dollars worth of metal
Pleb

cope
i deleted my pre f2p badge and green hat proof of purchase shit because tf2 is now full of "YOU'RE BACKPACKS SHIT LOL" faggots like you.

Attached: that engie webm.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

Dude everyone has those.
What your showing off is that you are interested in pyro since you have strange but you are dogshit and only have ten kills.
Just mass sell your refined metal for keys before it goes to 3 cents and then sell the keys for games.

it's bait retard

Is this a rerun of it or something? I could've sworn that the same event was going on last year and that it ended

No u

Hoes mad

>YOU ONLY HAVE 10 KILLS ON YOUR STRANGE LMAO LMAO YOU SUCK
lets see your account full of unusuals, garbage gold stranges and sub 1500 hours played you faggot bitch

Attached: newman.gif (500x375, 499K)

So besides cratechads, what about the people who "unknowingly" bought these hats from the market place for a few dollars?

we'll find out tomorrow

do people really still buy tf2 pixels in 2019?

years ago when I cashed out I had plenty of autists ready to send dosh to my paypal, finding it hard to believe there are still buyers in the current year, not like this game is gonna get any more active

Attached: 1488238562260.jpg (477x399, 42K)

I am here to save this thread.
I believe 10=0 in this threads case yes?

Attached: leroll.jpg (1440x900, 93K)

I opened an 85 and got a hat

>destroying things you own because someone on Yea Forums criticized it
fucking insecure loser
if i tell you to delete your life will you lmao

Roll-ling

best option: valve abandons tf2 all together and the game goes back to the way it was pre-market update

imagine having three slots and you waste one whole slot on your start date badge like anyone cares lmao

Attached: snip.jpg (333x139, 8K)

do you only own clothes you can always wear irl

lmao, you are so autistic no wonder you posted your steam profile

This was an important lesson for me. I learned that, even if I waste money trying to unbox an unusual, I will almost certainly get a shitty one.

if tf2 still had more official content given to it than what they be giving it for the past few years
(one major update every year and a half)
+ community server revival + optimisation + A better ingame tutorial for newbies + constant general QoL improvements then this game would be more active.
Instead they would rather add a twitch button on the main screen and community hats as "prime" content for the year.

>valve said they would have reached a decision after the weekend of when the bug happened
>thursday evening and still no word about their actual response to the problem
I'm just imagining a boardroom full of people who don't know what the fuck is going on trying to figure out how they should handle this for a full fucking week. I know it actually isn't that, and that it is probably just the 2 or 3 people who still give a shit about tf2 at valve probably laughing about how much money they made from the whole debacle, but it is still funny to me.

Attached: goldface.gif (600x580, 435K)

Retards ITT not realizing the unusual "glitch" was something valve did on purpose to breathe life back in the game.
Think about it:
>game starts dying back down to below numbers when overwatch was relevant
>how do we save our game which is only known for hats anymore
>what if we release a "glitch" that gives players unusual hats for basically free
>player numbers jump back up to a peak
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wouldn't be surprised if it was used to gauge the remaining interest in the game

proof: peak numbers almost double after the unusual glitch happens?

Attached: steamcharts.png.png (706x57, 15K)

People pay real money for digital hats literally all the time. Always, it's always happening.

and then immediately died after. Also I didn't glitch because I owned no crates

>so far all we know is that 21 thousand cases were unboxed at this time
>almost half of the unusuals got onto the steam market due to scrap and many trade servers shut down for the day.
>valve made millions in one day just from one bug.

>implying people didn't always type like that even on Yea Forums and it's not just oblivious newfags projecting their own insecurity

The problem is they benefited from it which opens them up to a lawsuit. They updated the drop rates for certain crates leading people to buy keys to open those crates. They then made the items taken from those crates unable to be traded. It would be one thing if they gained nothing. But since they made money off of this whole shitshow they either have to allow them to be traded, refund the keys used on those crates or potentially face a fraud or false advertising lawsuit.

They should keep the unusuals untradable/unmarketable AND refund the keys

>Valve giving back money and not being spiteful about it
They would delete the unusuals out of sheer malice for being forced to give the money back.