It's not a bad game, it's a bad X game

>it's not a bad game, it's a bad X game
post them

Attached: fb1a527bf84329358b1732e0432e189a047117f2.jpg (616x353, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_8XtFKhD1A
youtu.be/sk42ChmFO9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

doom 3 is just a bad game, period. Nothing but a lighting tech demo with an annoying flashlight gimmick.

>apleple I'm gay and my father molested me
that's all I understood from your post

damn...

Still think this game didn't need to be related to the first 2 games. Call it something else and have it star a new character. It was only called Max Payne 3 because of name recognition.

Attached: maxpayne3_max6_256x256.jpg (256x256, 71K)

Was it really that bad?

Attached: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (350x434, 283K)

DmC, Hitman Absolution

Attached: 7cc86e9fae2404be8872551f6f2aa5be.jpg (720x986, 114K)

Metal gear solid 5 and half-life 2

the only good thing about fallout 3 is that fallout new vegas was created because of it.

>mgs5
Would still be shitted upon. The is literally far cry 2 tier made in 2015. What were they thinking

Attached: botw.jpg (323x433, 36K)

Super Paper Mario

6/10 normal game

3/10 fallout game

Attached: 220px-Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (220x271, 18K)

Serious sam 2 is probably the epitome of this

Resident Evil 4 personifies this sentiment. The dictionary definition of it, even.

Attached: 3max.jpg (586x831, 733K)

Doom 3 not only is a bad Doom game but it's also a bad Half Life game

Sorry to hear that about your father, but you don't need to project your experiences onto others.

It was mediocre but not the worse thing ever.

If it had large dungeons in place of shrines, actual items in place of runes, and more region-specific enemy variety, this game would've gone from a personal 7/10 to 9/10.

At the time that RE4 released, it was fucking amazing. The impact and effect it had on both the industry and the RE franchise, not so much.

I don't think any game has people argued over if this is or isn't the case more then this one.

People have argued it's one of the greatest games ever made that also almost killed an entire franchise and there argumentation has some validity.

Attached: Resident-Evil-4-Switch.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

based

silent hill's use of a flashlight is pretty well done usually

Attached: .jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Attached: 220px-XCOM_Enemy_Unknown_Game_Cover.jpg (220x282, 28K)

That's because you're not in pitch black darkness forced to fight enemies that can see you fine like Doom 3 does. In SH2 and 3 you can still generally see enemies, plus the light actually draws their attention to you making it a better gameplay mechanic than Doom 3's light.

This man is correct.

I actually have a lot of fun with DmC whenever the mood hits me. I just turn on the Classic Dante costume and skip all of the cutscenes.

If it wasn't a DOOM game nobody would even look at it for a second except for the engine

>Was it really that bad?
Yes.

Attached: 13294304043.jpg (914x400, 122K)

I honestly enjoy it the most out of all the Dooms, even though Doom 1-2 were one of the most played games in my life. It may not be Doom in gameplay, but its change of pace and presentation oddly doesn't feel out of place.

I'd love to see original D3 sequel that was supposed to be instead of nu-Doom as a spin-off.

>good graphics
>RREEEEE TECHDEMO

myst-fags won't stop bitching about picrelated being bare-bones, but it's a really good puzzle adventure

Attached: 2016-02-28_00097.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

Bioshock Infinite

I disagree, I think the franchise killer was RE5, it introduced the forced AI partner and shifted the focus even more into action over horror while doing away with plenty of the good things RE4 did. Then RE6 doubled down on all the bad stuff from 5.

Real time healing and weapon switching in RE5 is fucking amazing though. If they made another more RE4 styled game but added those features to it it'd be GOTY.

RE5 did have some trash level design later on, and the El Gigante fight on the turret sucked dick.

I actually agree with you. Some people describe the shift from horror to action like it was a direct jump from Evil Dead 1 right to Army of Darkness, when I think RE4 is more akin to Evil Dead 2 of the franchise (having greater self-awareness and more campy moments but still at its core respect the horror elements).

I mentioned it because I feel RE4 is practically the mascot of this discussion, even if I don't necessarily agree with it, and that people who do argue that it is the case have some fair points to it such as the gameplay shift and it having for more action focused then any other RE game at the time which would later influence future entries.

Well yes, RE5 did have good things, the way they mapped the inventory system on PC was pretty good, but on the whole it did more bad than good.

Attached: d4486000de76e7ef82bec332b6b67ffddc95b293.jpg (616x353, 35K)

Multiplayer-wise anyways.

Any game would be shit with the story this went with.

Attached: 51D822F9-F691-441E-A219-A587AB8EEB27.png (220x280, 81K)

Good, i didn't like MGS but i'm giving MGSV a swirl.

This could also apply to Thi4f.Maybe

Attached: Thief_Deadly_Shadows_boxart[1].jpg (261x381, 17K)

Resident Evil 4 was a decent action horror game which is why it was a terrible Resident Evil game to me. I liked the tank controls and odd camera angles of the first 3. 5 and 6 are some sort of travesty that i cant stand. 7 was a decent game but again not a resident evil. I just want the franchise to go back to what it was for at least a game or two.

Attached: everyone else is wrong.jpg (500x534, 42K)

Nah that was simply overhyped shit.

Paper Mario Sticker Star

DUUM
Breath of the Wild

Me player Bioshock Infinite.

Attached: 1503417983763.jpg (544x600, 36K)

Replaying it now and its a lot better than i remember. My mindset for it is more System-Shock lite than doom

RE4 also had tank controls you tard.

Doom 3 is a mediocre fps. The technology was great but the gameplay has a lot of flaws.

bullshit fun game great atmosphere, kinda like half life version of doom. doom 3 was a big deal even tough it was slower game looked great when it came out

Came here to post this.
Survival mode/mods made it enjoyable for me, as long as I forget that I'm playing a fallout game

>oh no the controls arent complete ass anymore muh series ruined!!!!
4 is best game deal with it

Attached: 1561981026665.png (468x529, 441K)

Read my other post my guy

>Bioshock Infinite
What makes a "Bioshock" game? If it's the plot tweest at the end Infinite had it.

it's not a bad movie, it's a bad star wars movie

Attached: 1564666715868.png (1902x1062, 2.01M)

I like the art style of the Spyro remaster, I just don't like that it replaced the original, which I think looks better. I wish it had been a new entry in the series instead.

Attached: Ashley-rochelle-beastmakers-reignited1.jpg (1920x1132, 596K)

It had some real effort put into the metaplot. Pity it was the only good thing.

Attached: master_of_orion_3_boxshot.jpg (536x640, 46K)

your mother is a whore

No, it's a bad movie.

Pokemon sun moon

4 also downplays the exploration/puzzle/resource management elements. People conveniently forget that classic RE is not just tank controls, but also basically Zelda dungeons for adults.

If S/M is a bad Pokemon game then what is it good at? Being a tutorial simulator?

fug, its about that time of year again to replay fo 1 and 2

Damn i forgot this existed, cucksoles were mistake.

Fallout 4 comes to mind.

Except it's not a good game forget good Fallout.

>this many replies
>no Dark Souls 2

Attached: 2220971-box_cvlos.png (800x960, 1.21M)

It's a very bad game and a very bad GoW clone too

LoS was fine, the second one is a giant pile of shit.

I keep hearing this shit with Doom 3 but it's a very unfair comparison. Entries in game franchises are allowed to be different and still remain solid entries. Compare Wolfenstein 3d to RTCW or Wolf 2009. Those games are all quite different from one another in terms of gameplay mechanics, difficulty, and pacing, but they are all still good Wolfenstein games.

Now contrast nuwolfenstein like The New Order or Youngblood. They're not bad Wolfenstein games because they follow a different formula from the previous games, they're bad Wolfenstein games because they're just plain bad fucking games.

Attached: 1509626741372.jpg (635x321, 58K)

It's better than New Vegas.
Salty Jew Vegas fans are rabid.

3 > NV > *

I think New Vegas is significantly better than Fallout 3, but I still think Obsidian are talentless hacks that lucked out one time making a half-decent game. Literally half-decent, as the game and its broken ass engine was half-baked at every turn. Obsidiots are lower than Bethesdrones, and they don't even have a fun meme like toddposting either.

Attached: 1500056003491.png (900x740, 769K)

Bad metal gear game, good hack 'n slash game.
A game set in the metal gear universe, just not a metal gear game per say.

Attached: Metal-Gear-Rising---Revengeance.jpg (1600x918, 414K)

>doom 3
doom cubed*

this is purist bullshit, deadly shadows is a perfectly good thief game, so it doesn't fit this thread

thi4f is neither a good game, neither a good thief game

>gameplay
No, it's fun enough to wander around
>lore continuity, respect for the franchise's previous entries, good writing etc.
Yes, it really was that bad for people who value the above.

People only hate it because it's the first Fallout game to go full 3D. If NV came out first, it would have been hated.

This is patently false. FO3 has one ending that is so forced that if you have a follower who is immune to radiation, an option the game gives you, that follower will say
>NO
>I WILL NOT CASUALLY WALK INTO THE PURIFIER AND SAVE YOU FROM DEATH
>THIS IS YOUR DESTINY

It's the most bullshit piece of shit one ending fucked up mess when compared to the Master in the first game, but even when viewed without the lens of FO1 and FO2, it's still terrible fucking writing. It's lazy. The amount of branching paths in FO was completely missing in FO3. Speech has no nuance. Skill checks are nonexistent and poorly handled.

It bungled basically every aspect of the first two games, but since it was Oblivion with Guns, it's 10/10 GOTY despite all the glaring issues.

Overall as rpg it was somewhat decent.

Attached: G4.jpg (424x600, 43K)

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
FUCK YOU CRAPCOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1555693789202.png (761x597, 684K)

resident evil 4 and 5 are unironically the best games in the franchise
eat my ass

Attached: excella (2).jpg (3200x4000, 529K)

>Re5
>A good game
Pick ONE

this
the only good thing about the second Lords of Shadow game is the soundtrack

I pick
>RE5, a good game
There, that's one :)

Highly underrated post.
I've often wondered what kind of game nuts and bolts could have been withouth Banjo attached to it, It had genuinly good ideas and design.

You're only saying that because it got ported to the Switch.

It has grown to be my favorite right after TSE.
The whacky shit was just more enjoyable than the "lets emulate shitty CoD games" they tried with BFE

RE5 is great, its one of the few games where shooting niggers is a good thing.

>oh no the controls arent complete ass anymore
The controls are the same, though. It's just a different perspective.

What? Literally so generic and boring. Even Two Worlds was better as far as generic RPGs

Never has invading Africa been this fun

absolutely not. i played through it less than a week ago and other than the graphics (which still has shit lighting) it is worse than 4 in every single possible way

>can't even draw the covers like the original Yea Forums one

What about 1, 3, 4, or 5?

Perhaps, but can you shoot down dozens of niggers in RE4? I think not!

There's one with drawn covers floating around, don't have it saved though

what do you think the mercs are on the island retard?

Attached: Gatlinggunmajini.jpg (664x800, 212K)

>I keep hearing this shit with Doom 3 but it's a very unfair comparison.
People make the comparison because of the '3' in the title. If it was called Doom Resurrection or Absolution or whatever then most people would just consider it a spinoff from the main series, just like how a lot of people used to view Doom 64 despite it being a straight sequel to Doom 2.

>Now contrast nuwolfenstein like The New Order or Youngblood. They're not bad Wolfenstein games because they follow a different formula from the previous games, they're bad Wolfenstein games because they're just plain bad fucking games.
The New Order isn't a bad game, that is, it isn't any worse than Wolf 09.

>it's not a bad game, it's a bad X game
No such thing. Bad game is a bad game.

Doom 3 is a better Doom game than Doom 4

Yeah, that's what I meant. It was okish. Not even bad in a interesting way. Really can't even muster an emotion toward this game because of how whatever it was. I can't even hate it. No one remember it anyway.

>he's not a bad Bond, just a bad Movie Bond
fuck you that makes no sense

Attached: daltonchads_rise_up.jpg (500x500, 127K)

as far as i can remember it was shit in 2004 so what are wannabe oldfags trying to say?

Attached: vignette_anno2205_mobile_205186.jpg (750x422, 136K)

people say the same about botw but that at least has overworld exploration

Attached: SI_Wii_TheLegendOfZeldaSkywardSword_image1600w[1].jpg (1600x800, 350K)

B- but it has memes!

Attached: DEAD ON.jpg (1247x904, 205K)

Skyward Sword isn't a good game, it's a bad game with a lot of cool stuff in it. Like candy with a razor blade.

none of them are good

You'd only think this if your first RF was guerilla which was more of a side game

>completely safe multi-billion dollar action movie in one of the most popular franchises ever
>"""avant garde"""

this made me laugh, have a (you)

Far Cry but third person

pic related

Attached: other m.jpg (1400x960, 928K)

It isn't perfect, but this game got a lot of hate simply because it dared to be diffrent than Homm3.

Attached: Heroes_of_Might_and_Magic_IV_Cover.png (676x960, 1.54M)

Doom 3 is still my favorite doom, and you're opinion is garbage.

the very definition of watered down for casuals.

this

It's fine as a dress-up game to mess around in, but as a sequel to a serious competitive fighting game it's god awful.

Attached: 81cacc0e-e546-46dd-93c3-58bc46aab528_1.96699d0f2fc3438e0eb6409f602e8acf.jpg (450x450, 53K)

Average standalone game at best
A giant steaming shit on the DS series

Attached: BB4CE013-D345-4562-83A2-263C5F18DA3D.jpg (800x500, 61K)

Attached: venom1.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

All of these have already been mentioned in the thread but my votes go for Dark Souls II, Resident Evil 5, DmC and Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I guess I could add Silent Hill Shattered Memories into the list.

Attached: 1508573693372.jpg (558x706, 65K)

the only really great one was the first dead space and it was still kind of a rip off of doom 3 and RE 4. the silent protagonist rode was the right one.

all star wars movies are bad though.

Really? Why is that?
SC3 is my favorite but I am not into fighting games that much.
I can see why the outcry from SF4 to SF5, but why from SC2 to SC3?

Attached: original.jpg (687x461, 48K)

Episode IV is one of the best movies ever made, my man.
Episode V is great too, but I agree on all others.

Only the arcade version of this game was good. It came after console for some reason and that is why sc3 was fucked. Didn't have the power of loctest to tune it.

This is probably the epitome of "good game but not good x game"

was about to post this.

NV edgelords need not apply
>
>>>

except DS1 is GOTG 10/10 easily and shits high on doom 3 and resi 4, which are both decent 8/10 games.

I dont care what nerds say, SC 3 was the fucking bomb during my student times and many fun times were had with 4 people on my 2 man couch with a fuckhueg VGA screen only half a meter across from us. And the arcade sticks ohhh the arcade stick.

from its art style to its bad writing it's probably the best borderlands game ever made

I think the opposite.. If it wasent doom it would have been way more memorable

Diss

yeah but I'm saying that that game didn't do anything the other two didn't do first. the necromophs and the usg ishimura are just more interesting that plaga and rural spain.

based user randomly taking shots at other posters

Attached: 445562470.jpg (238x211, 8K)

Most 3D Sonic games fit this

Xenoblade 2

The game is notoriously buggy and unbalanced. It's not very well documented online as the game predates the online fighting game boom and few people revisit it, but there's some clips of someone of the worst bugs on YouTube if you know where to look. Aris also did a session of the game a while back where he did his best to pick apart everything wrong with the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=K_8XtFKhD1A

its so ugly and buggy a cannot agree on this

not really. Many sonic games would suck no matter who's on the cover.

Reminder that 5 and 6 actually had some of the best combat in any TPS ever made, they just had the misfortune of being RE games. Mainline RE games at that.

seriously though any more games like this?

>per say

Attached: 1dd2b9e.png (481x501, 213K)

What do sourcports, like Dewhm, do for Doom 3? Interested to replay it.

Just an outright bad game.

>doom 3 is just a bad game, period.
This. I can't believe we gave that horseshit a pass back in the day. Replaying it now I simply don't understand how.

Terrible gameplay terrible gunplay terrible maps. No one can argue anything.

nothing is original. they heavily improved upon the artstyle, the storytelling,and although all 3 titles are a testament to game engineering (just look at whawt hardware they could run on!!!) deadspace 1 vastly improved on both artstyle, maps, sound design, AI, game theory... it's just 10/10.

user, OP specified "its not a bad game"

Thank you, user.
Going to take a look at the video.

Based and DOOMpilled

Just imagine. We'll never get another sci-fi horror version of Doom because most FPS audience are just a bunch of low-t ADHD autismo spergs that have to constantly be mashing buttons to metal to feel like they're having fun.

I liked Doom 2016 and I'm excited for Eternal, but Doom 3 easily had the best atmosphere out of every Doom game, and was one of the scariest FPS games I've ever played.

Attached: 1468210905662.jpg (500x626, 182K)

you weren't around then zoomer child, stfu. When you played that shit on your PIII your eyeballs were popping out. Who cares about hte gameplay when your game looks like a fucking movie in a time where shit looked like quake 2 or unreal tournament 1?

The bit with the DJ Shadow song was neat and coop was p fun

Attached: sc-conviction-tall-header.jpg (500x368, 44K)

I was around and if I fucking dig deep enough I still have a burned disc of the leaked D3 E3 demo tagged with a CD marker.
and I defended THAT.

God what a nightmare, why and how were we ever in enough of a low place and FPS games were so terrible that we all played both the leaked demo and the full version of Doom 3 and went "yeah, this is great". Burn the mid-00's to dirt.

The point of this thread is to view games in a fucking vacuum you illiterate nigger.

Attached: 1468653771212.jpg (342x316, 20K)

Deus Ex: Invisible war.

Attached: 14619560.jpg (271x486, 26K)

I'm looking forward to the multi player on doom eternal, shit looks hot

Agreed

Would add pic related. Fuck 5 though, trash all around.
Also: Wolfentein TNO, Old Blood. Fuck the shit sequels.
FEAR 2,

Attached: 1547873065003.jpg (600x848, 116K)

My personal take is that Kojima saw the writing on wall with him and Konami and decided to make a game where you could self-insert as Snake at the cost of what made Metal Gear the way it is.

Link: youtu.be/sk42ChmFO9M

Jak 2 and 3. Yes, I know that makes it the majority of the series but fuck you.

Deadly Shadows is clunky unoptimized console garbage, get some fucking taste you dumb xboxnigger. Just because it was one of your first games when you were 11 with your Xbox doesn't mean it's good.

WAIT A MINUTE