How would he do in Mortal Kombat?

Attached: 246BA79F-31CE-42AB-B29B-A8360A02B72A.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

He'd be more powerful than Sub Zero and Scorpion.

Is that a lot?

>slow fireball in a game where fireballs are litghtning fast and pass through each other
>shit overhead
Garbage tier

Ryu and the rest of the SF cast are pretty used to getting set on fire, electrocuted, and having their spines broken in half, so I think they'd hold their own against the MK roster, at least until the end of the round. Once the round was over, Ryu would stand up, dust himself off, start getting ready for round 2, and then Scorpion would decapitate him with a brutality cuz no round break mother fucker.

Above the likes of kung Lao and shang tsung, below raiden, liu kang, and shao kahn.

Poor Ryu

Game wise or lore wise?

Game wise, he'd be thrashed. He's low tier in Street Fighter.

Lore wise, he'd probably do pretty okay, although his hesitation to kill might be his undoing. But so long as he has the Hado/Power of Nothing, he might get away with some mercy.

in his devil form, he went toe to toe with asura, a literal god being
he can handle his own, probably take a couple of heads with him too

Ryu doesn't have the will to kill, he already lost the requirement to be in a tournament.
The better question is if an MK character can be in a SF game?

Attached: mk9-reptile-amazon.jpg (500x719, 87K)

Oh yeah, damn I completely forgot about that

>Okay now that the round is over we must go back to our starting positions.
>laughs with a K

Reptile asks to join the SF tournament and gets KO'd when Ryu replies with sure you can

Attached: Ultros.png (600x540, 245K)

Kek.

Not canon
That being said dark hado gives him an edge over most the kast

I’m still not sure how the Power Of Nothing works

he managed to fight fairly well against asura, who is stronger than fire god liu kang

so i'd say he would be alright

ryu would go sicko mode and turn into evil ryu if was in danger of dying

well nothing is canon anymore
they erased the universe at the end of 11

Here's how I think a Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter crossover should work:

It should play like the standard Capcom-inspired fighting game, where it's down, down-forward, forward + punch for projectiles as one example.

As for violence, it will have to be toned down if it means getting Capcom executives to agree but I believe some X-Ray combos and Fatalities can be used but in the standard segregation between gameplay and story.

Lastly, it has to be like the crossovers with Marvel in which a character, whether this franchise or Street Fighter, has three Hyper Combos with one requiring three levels of the Hyper Meter filled up. As an example, here's how Scorpion's Hyper Combos would be:

1. One Hyper Combo is Toasty, though rather than a giant flame breath, it's a fiery-based Shinkuu Hadouken.

2. Another is a combination of his respective X-Ray moves from 9 and X, where Scorpion teleports downward and reappears upward while doing an uppercut that propels the opponent into the air followed by a Spear that forcibly lands the opponent into the ground, ending with a Flaming Backflip Kick.

3. Level 3: Fiery Gates fatality from 9 where Scorpion fires Spear at the opponent, conjures up a fiery portal, pulls impaled opponent into the fiery portal, and it ends with another portal appearing at the top and depending on how much health the opponent has, the opponent will just land into the ground as a fireball or be strung up but not as a charred corpse.

Based

Ryu doesn’t kill however the overwhelming violence could cause ryu to snap into evil ryu or whatever his new evil form is called now, and i believe there’s not a lot of guys that can actually go against evil ryu in MK
He would make it really far until good ryu regains control

Ryu can fight Galactus so he will do ok.

Ryu'd do well, Akuma on the other hand would obliterate the entire cast.

What about Fire God?

When Ryu focuses and tempers his anger, he gains increased strength and speed that exceeds even that of the Hado.

It's like the difference between a flame thrower and a rail gun.

There's absolutely 0 way Capcom will ever allowed Chun li's face getting ripped and shot to death, even if you tone down the violence.
Cool ideas tho.

Sounds badass

>i believe there’s not a lot of guys that can actually go against evil ryu in MK
you know mk has gods and demons and people that fights gods and beats them right

Attached: Mortal Kombat 11_20190524191626.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Ryu can fight Asura though

I just like seeing Akuma beat the shit out of people. There's something satisfying about a final boss character not being the final jobber every time.

ok so

Attached: 1544164434072.gif (200x175, 2.44M)

>Akuma and Geese in Tekken are top tier and absolute monsters instead of being bad gimmick characters

Attached: 1523731313717.jpg (1080x1080, 174K)

Not him and its a non canon game but Asura's feats shits all over any of MK's gods
Even Blundergod is more of a mid tier superhero at best

Wheres his armor , isn't he fighting for his live ?

based on 11's story mode, FG Liu isn't all that crazy strong like asura
he has raiden's abilities plus enhanced fire magic that, hypothetically, could have come from onaga but that's just about it
meanwhile, asura held back and destroyed an entire god that's bigger than a planet and even battled against the creator himself
the fact that devil ryu can keep up with asura's strength and speed says a lot about his abilities, nevermind the fact that he's unhinged and thirsty for blood

Armor is for nerds

Blessed

Liu Kang typically doesn't kill people either and he won like 5 tournaments in a row and beat God

Attached: 1500272253981.gif (400x225, 2.59M)

You

That is non-canon, m8.
That's like saying Asura can survive his game rebooting in a narrative blowout.

He would fight you retard.

Liu Kang has killed people and fucking Shao Kahn, user.
Nobody has qualms of going 100% against their opponent.

i get it, but if we're doing crossovers, then we might as well add crossover feats to the equation
even if you dont count the asura fight, im sure base ryu can hold his own against mk fighters

>slow fireball bad
zonelet

Did Undertaker break character in this scene or was this intentional?

Are you sure you to put in DC in to mix with how Raiden can go to toe-to-toe and take hits against the Man of fucking Steel?

Pretty

That’s kind of tough to figure out since I think the DC in that game isn’t the main Multiverse

You're counting crossovers are you not?

Oh I’m not them. Just saying I’m not sure if that Superman compares more to DCAU, DCEU, or Comics version.

It's pre 52 Supes due to the game coming out couple years before Flashpoint.

Gameplay-wise he'd be pretty good. Dragon punch would be a good anti-air and combo ender. Can zone with fireballs, can counter zone with hurricane kick, as well as air juggle with hurricane kick and donkey kick. Throw in a parry / focus attack too and he'd be A-B tier at least.

>one shots the entire MK universe

Attached: akuma.jpg (900x1200, 140K)

do the good guys in street fighter have any problems with killing i know the good guys in mortal kombat dont

Attached: 20190711221615.png (586x1079, 725K)

no he cant and if he did kill him he would just come right back

Attached: iyuhuyfyfuo.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Powerlevels shouldn't exist in crossover fighting games.
Look at MvC, it doesn't really mean jack shit that Zangief can beat the shit out of Blackheart.

if devil ryu can go on par with asura, why not superman? d. ryu's durable enough to withstand asura's punches and fast enough to keep up with trading blows with him
then again, i dont know jackshit about superman so im probably talking out of my ass

why do people think the characters in mortal kombat are pushovers

Because pitting anyone against Superman in a contest of feats is pointless and proves the moot point of powerlevels.

Wasn't Superman not at full strength in Injustice 2? He had been exposed to a red sun for years and in the process of regaining his yellow sun energy during the story mode. At least that how I interpret Batman was able to beat him at the end. Because no way can Batman beat Superman at full strength.

Are you implying Zangief isn’t Solar System Level?

anons can't differentiate the characters from the quality of the game

That’s Injustice, completely different guy.

>splits an island in half with one punch
>Tears a warship into pieces just by kicking it
>Has defeated people with revives (Gil)
>Has an instakill move where he destroys your soul
>strongest guy in MK is a tall stripper who's kinda strong and throws hammers
Not to mention Akuma isn't even trying, he still has Shin Akuma mode where he goes try-hard mode, and on top of that he has Oni mode.

Attached: akuma takes a piss.jpg (750x744, 70K)

>t. Bowser

Yeah, and technically Liu now has manipulation over time so there's that.

Liu Kang would make an excellent guest for SF since he is the main character of the MK series.

Most characters in MK aren't on Shin ultra instinct level 3 Lui Kang X Raiden's power level tho

also old liu kang never killed people directly
he was a monk

sorry but ryu isn't allowed to be anything higher than C tier in games anymore

>actually
You mean the kast, right?

>Cyber-Akuma will be added to the crossover
Oh boy here we go again.

Nice

Best Boy

Because the aesthetic of the game is flat and everyone’s moves feel floaty and weightless

Because they aren't that strong. Remember that SF shoryukens are strong enough to launch a grown ass man into the sky higher than most people can jump regularly. MK characters getting hit by that explode like Johnny cage fatality while Zangief just loses a chunk of HP and gets right back up.

This isn't even getting to all those weird crossover feats.

I think the island one is that the island was an active volcano and akuma triggered its eruption

Johnny cage without bullshit temporary powerups could beat most of the street fighter cast
Johnny cage

Nah

>johnny cage beating anyone
even fucking dan could kill that retard lmao imagine him going against bipson a fucking psycho crusher would just destroy his insides and kill him

With Akuma in Tekken I feel like Capcom would put a character cross over that is more violent friendly. They wouldn’t care if Bison was ripping heads off with Psycho crusher and having an X-ray head stomp.

On the same note if Street Fighter X DOA happened Cammy or Chun li would be the better cross over choice over Ryu

I’d kill to see Akuma in MK

Attached: 132C9D48-5AED-4F15-8485-9AC6F5BE16EF.jpg (700x1000, 198K)

God I wish that was me.

man i miss the old mk aesthetic so much

Scorpion is literally just a soul
If he fought Akuma and got Shun Goku Satsu’d, he’d be dead

Dan would get nut-shot to death by Johnny and you know it

Maybe he could take Bison, but I dunno

Design 2 fatalities and an X-Ray move for Akuma

t. Akuma

>Fatality 1: Akuma pulls a gun from his kimono and shots the enemy on the head
>Fatality 2: Akuma grabs a lance from somewhere and impales the kontender.
>X-Ray: She's pregnant

>Get to see Hugo's gigantic balls blow up in x-ray
No thanks

Based

Kinda gay, dude.

I guess lore

SF's power creep is weird. Like, back in the SF2 days they seemingly weren't meant to be superhero level. Their feats of strength were relatively believable things like trashing cars and bricks. When Darkstalkers came out, the whole point was that because this new cast was all supernatural monsters, they could do all sorts of crazy stuff that the mere humans of Street Fighter couldn't. But then after that the StreetFighters themselves start getting treated like superhumans, and you have shit like Akuma splitting mountains and stuff. I don't get it.

Attached: 201001210302304b1.jpg (250x175, 45K)

Guess that’s just the way for fighting games.

Slow fireballs are a good thing. They cover space for a much longer period of time and cover your advance.
The only time you'd actually want a fast projectile is if you can whiff punish with it and combo off of it.

This.

>no Raging Demon but without the camera going dark so we get to see how Akuma brutally murders people in 2 seconds when he lands it

>Ywn get this
Why must you hurt me?

Is Akuma taking a piss on this guy's back? he's so close

O. Sagat in ST also uses fast and slow fireballs as a mixup and to stack up fireball pressure

in some games the hits light up the scene and you can see it's just punches and kicks. it kind of ruins the magic.

He can do whatever he wants. He’s Akuma.