OH NO NO NO EXPLOIT BROS

OH NO NO NO EXPLOIT BROS

YOU TOLD ME VALVE COULDNT DELETE THE HATS?

Attached: 1564677971381.png (893x257, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/
pastebin.com/KnjnkLW8
youtube.com/watch?v=qOTnLCCYdUA
reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/evqahiz/
vegasclick.com/games/slots/malfunctions
vocaroo.com/i/s1V9gffx47eC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trusting valve in 2019
had it coming

What exploit is this?

>client side exploit
Hmmm

Is this about the TF2 unusual thing? Wasnt that entirely Valve's fault?

>keeping glitched items and not immediately selling them for funbux in case something like this happens

>client side

holy shit valve is lying through their teeth. software that generates items to players is on their servers, their side was fucked up after update. players literally did nothing wrong they just opened the crates with keys they fucking paid for.

Attached: 1562430661328.jpg (768x1024, 84K)

>client-side exploit

How do you hack crates client-side to give you a 100% unusual chance?

They're blaming the user for their incompetence

>Playing PC games
>2019

Tim Sweeney is rubbing his hands together so hard it could warm a house.

>"client-side exploit"
This is like a lotto ticket manufacturer blaming the customer for buying scratch tickets that were from a known batch of nothing but winners.

>Valve blames users for own error
>people still get butthurt when a game they don't even want goes epic exclusive

>client-side exploit

Attached: 1480200131308.jpg (510x476, 18K)

>I dont know what three-segway access is

>client side
Holy fuck, valve is now acting like all the other tech companies, blatantly fucking lying to people because they know there is no way the dipshits will know better.

"client side exploit" doesn't mean that the client is the cause of the error, just that error exists in the game files that exist on the user's pc. they are not necessarily blaming the user, and you are retarded for assuming so. feel free to reply to this with cope or whatever you want

>gigantic soulless company fucks up
>small guys have to pay for it
It's the banking crash all over again

>win a prize in a bugged raffle
>it gets locked down
>all you can do is delete it
>no refunds

People will defend this.

So is this an actual response from valve, or some retard replying to customer support tickets.

>trusting
>valve
its time to jump over to the epic train

Sue valve. Bring to court as much evidence as possible.

/biz/ is laughing at you. Should've cashed out sooner.

You got proof?

Attached: 1564527433941.png (500x415, 264K)

>open steam
>buy keys in store
>launch tf2
>open crates with keys
>receive items

show me where players did anything wrong aside of unfortunate timing

who is paying for it?

More like every class action law firm in the country

>"client side exploit" doesn't mean that the client is the cause of the error, just that error exists in the game files that exist on the user's pc

woah I didn't know every TF2 copy ships with inventory server files

Attached: nen.jpg (374x378, 40K)

Hello yes where are the proofs?

you're forgetting two parts
>learn of bugged crate in tf2 that drops only unusuals
>know this is a bug, and buy the crates anyway
Quit acting like you were some innocent bystander buying a year old crate with shit pulls otherwise.

>valve trying to absolve themselves of all blame

yeah man i bet they totally used their client side 100% unusual rate hax

glad i just sold my crates for the funbux

hello there

Attached: 1558125772088.jpg (800x450, 121K)

>client-side exploit

Valve drones will unironically defend this

Attached: face when.jpg (841x753, 95K)

Yes because I can still buy the games on an entirely different platform if Valve is being a shit. If Epic were to the same thing with an exclusive they bought rather than created you are shit out of luck.

This could potentially fuck Valve up completely and make Epic an actual threat to their Hegemonic status, especially if Epic starts to make overtures about that never happening with their service/games.

General Kenobi

Steam's current userbase is so stupid and underage they will support this.

Good thing I sold off all of them.

Attached: 1557214466016.jpg (1427x1426, 167K)

>buying something from the market is a client-side exploit

>client-side exploit

Attached: 56% face.jpg (1200x590, 62K)

>client-side exploit
what file do I need to edit to give myself infinite store items?

Oh yeah, why was that picture even spammed to begin with?
Was it redditors, or was it in house?

*Hat it coming

At least refund them the money they spent on the boxes kek

It's from Reddit. A guy messaged Steam support to ask about his unusuals he unboxed. Valve still has not given any statement but I guess it will not look entirely different.

It's Valve's fault.

>buy the crates anyway
what if I already had the crates, moron

>Client
>side
>Exploit

Attached: 1551264875110.jpg (453x477, 65K)

does valve release any data about item uncrating ratios? we can easily check if items were truly bugged and not working as intended if valve provided such information right?

Attached: 1561996588641.png (928x720, 336K)

>Be pcbro
>Spend money to get item
>Valve steals my money
>"A-at least it's not Epic Games!"

This looks retarded enough to be real

Attached: 1533285876632.jpg (592x841, 60K)

>This could fuck Valve up
No it won't. Valve has done a fucking million shitty things and people still use it. Epic making overtures about it never happening is hilarious because the chinks would never have a fucking trading platform like that in the first place and wouldn't even fucking pretend to bother responding if you called them out on fucking you over.

tfw when i sold like 80 crates for 400 euro to these dense fucks

That's a big hat.

Its valves fault that the bug existed, its your fault for knowingly abusing it.
you still unboxed them knowing they were bugged. I honestly don't understand how anyone could get mad at a dev for punishing people who exploit bugs. Bugs are always the devs fault you fucking moron, you guys aren't being so woke and smart by saying its valves fault.

>client-side exploit

Attached: dexter's a cookie.png (259x279, 119K)

That's fair since everyone else is laughing at them

They don't. Even on the official wiki it's done by approximations.

Yeah, at this point I'm certain they're just going to leave everyone hanging and avoid giving out a direct answer to this problem. I mean look at how "client-side exploit" already has everybody riled up.

If you bought a hat from the market you can trade and sell the hats soon.

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

You're trying to argue semantics because you know it was a bug that was being abused. I'm not going to entertain your arguments because you know I'm right. You're being disingenuous by trying to go "well how do you know unusuals aren't 100% drop rate"

Reminder valve can be sued in the EU. anyone who has one of these items can now drag Gaben into an EU court

>listening to /biz/
I can already buy high and sell low on my own, thanks.

Why is it my fault for opening creates to get unusuals? Valve dropped the ball and they suffered for it.

It isn't an exploit. They patched the rates that way unintentionally. That was an error on their part not an exploit.

It was taking advantage of a mistake they made but the system was working perfectly.

>they suffered for it.

Clearly not, they sold you items and then took away your prizes.

Fun fact. What they just did was illegal in Canada.

This and also there's no way to prove people were knowingly exploiting a bug. For all we knew, they were intentionally tanking the unusual economy. Valve has been known to do crazy shit in the past, but I guess they're just another soulless corporation now with an unending supply of rabid drones/shills that will run damage control for them no matter what site it is or how much valve are in the wrong.
At least they didn't delete the unusuals, so the market is still semi-fucked up. Fuck you, valve.

Attached: 1501374487032.jpg (606x453, 76K)

>how to destroy 10 years of customer goodwill in one week

>they suffered for it
oh you are a fucking retard

Because you KNEW the crate was bugged you fucking moron.
>how is it my fault I knowingly abused a bug???
The only argument you can field is lying and saying you didn't know the crate was bugged. You know it was bugged, nobody would open those shitty old crates otherwise.
>valve...suffered for it
Doesn't seem like it.

Valve suffered for it and then stole my money to try and fix it. They didn't even do anything creative to "punish the exploiters" what a joke.

Holy shit this is fucking hilarious. Now people are going to act like just as big of babies as the seething traders were.

This has all been immensely entertaining if you don't care either way.

Based, they have money to burn

>Buy the crates anyway

Or already have them?

Market chads
RISE UP
You faggots unboxed and then never sold them. Now they will be deleted.
People who bought a glitched hat gets to keep them and sell them tomorrow.
Everyone else has to get deleted.
Valve cares about people who use the market more than people who just used an exploit.
GET FUCKED

Attached: cratechads.jpg (387x527, 32K)

>exploit
I never said it was an exploit. I said it was a bug. If a weapon in a game or a class in an MMO was accidentally patched to do infinite damage, you'd be bug abusing if you used it. You're being purposefully dense.

Who cares? There is nothing wrong with exploiting a bug that came about by the fault of somebody else.

If it is real, it's their best choice.

>alienate a few people just taking advantage of their mistake and alienate your stupid whales
>or blame those people as 'exploiters' and appease your whales so they keep giving you money

Attached: 1559115256209.gif (720x404, 2.84M)

>know crates are bugged
>open them anyway

lol so anyone who would have obtained their hat legitimately during this time will also have it revoked?

Valve never suffers because Steam users are mindless drones.

If a TV gets accidentally marked to an extremely low price at a store, and then buy 6 TVs because it's such a great deal, they don't kick my door down and send the police after me to steal my TV back. They just messed up.

This is unrelated to the unusals

You're seriously going to whine that you got punished for abusing a bug? Unironically entitled.

They can still tell what hats were unboxed during the exploit.

the people who used the "exploit"
valve fucked up but are now changing the rules to fit their goal

Pprobably not even related to the TF2 thing, source?
>inb4 dude, trust me

Attached: 1551970209453.jpg (500x440, 103K)

They're enforcing their artificial scarcity even harder with this by taking away people's stuff for no reason. Should be illegal.

>trust me bro you own your games
>"The affected items may be subject to further alteration or removal. Please refer to the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Section 2 "Licenses" Article G. "Restrictions on Use of Content and Services" for further information.
>valve decides one day that, after their own fuckup, they will be potentially be taking away items you purchased in a game you ostensibly own
>TRUST ME BRO STEAM ISN'T GOING TO STEAL YOUR MONEY
being a pirate has never felt so satisfyingly bittersweet

Attached: mfw wobbled.gif (140x178, 1.03M)

>>know crates are bugged
prove I knew about the crates
protip: you fucking can't

Unusual hat owners bad. Traders bad. Random crits good.

Uncle Dane says exploiters should keep their hats.

PROCESSING...
PROCESSING...
ERROR: OPINION MUST NOT EQUAL POPULAR MAN'S OPINION.

GLOWING HAT MAN BAD

ERRRRRRRRH.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................press any key to continue

EXPLOITERS BAD!
VALVE, REMOVE HATS!

Attached: file.png (595x205, 28K)

>Dont know it's a bug
>Just figure i'm getting buttfuck lucky

???

If MMO devs accidentally change your spell to one-shot any player even outside of PvP, you would get banned for abusing it. Bug abuse is bug abuse. You're honestly pathetic, I think you're just mad you didn't sell your items fast enough.

I'm entitled to the thing I paid for, bug or not.

It's cropped from leddit and clearly shows it's related.

>nobody has posted proof
>nobody has posted screenshots of their unusuals to confirm

Attached: 1564664737039.jpg (480x360, 10K)

you didn't pay for anything. you don't own your games or your steam account.

>Trusting "Yea Forums bros"

>trusting valve at all

>trusting Tim Sweeney

Yeah man, you were totally going to open those old crates with no good items in them besides unusuals otherwise. Crate didn't even have the best unusuals.
Then after they get bugged, they are suddenly being opened. Totally coincidental. You're just arguing semantics at this point and going "hurr prove it" because you know you're fucking wrong. You can lie to me but you can't lie to yourself faggot.

It's really hard to prove that he knew that the crate was bugged when he opened it. Obviously it's hard to feign ignorance when your purchase history just so happens to have 50 bugged crates on the day the bug happens but it's simply statistically likely that there were SOME people that just were unlucky enough to open that crate on that day and are punished for it now. Valve isn't owning to their fuckup nearly enough and does what almost all game developers do - shift the blame to the end users, which is especially easy to do when there always are glue eating white knighting retards like you going NUH UH YOU DESERVE IT YOU SCUM. That doesn't happen nearly as often in other branches of software industry, if your programmers fuck up, you suffer the consequences.

Bug abuse is a service problem, not a player problem.

hatfags have the most delicious tears. based valve for giving us thread after thread of salt

>blindly believeing OP image is related to the TF2 usnual uncrating or even real

Attached: 1552183649078.jpg (379x374, 18K)

Valve was poised to lose one of their cash cows so they told a flagrant lie to their own customers. I'm impressed at how Chinese this is.

Attached: 1564536527910.jpg (380x381, 15K)

Yea Forums will still suck Valves cock anyway

quite honestly would be the worst decision they could make for the game as a whole, especially since it got so much buzz during this event

I'm sure.

I'm not that user but from what I'm seeing it goes like this.

They patched the rate to be higher than intended by mistake. People caught on to this and started buying those crates.

None of this was the fault of the people. Valve made the mistake by putting the rates higher than they intended with a patch. Those crates already existed and were going to be unboxed regardless. More importantly they directly benefited from it by people engaging in their economy and some I'm sure buying keys directly from Valve.

Instead of admitting it was a mistake on their part they made everything that was unboxed from those crates in a certain time period locked to your account. Pocketed the cash they made from people buying keys and then blamed the players.

It seems like a really shitty thing to do.

>i dont know what steam support is

so you can't prove I knew, hmmm interesting

Seems to have come from here:

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/

Absolute state of zoomer gaming, festered by cancerous developers. You know what should happen? Nothing, they patch the game next day and laugh about it. Please consider suicide.

Whether this is fake or not its going to force valve to make a statement now. I wonder if they faked it for this purpose.

>people actually think this has anything to do with the hat shit
It's too big to be dealt with by a random Steam Support staffer, on an individual account basis. It'd be a bulletin by a head of staff if not department. This thing was massive.

Attached: 250px-Beyond_belief_fact_or_fiction.jpg (250x188, 10K)

>I dont know what "inspect element" or photoshop is

You guys know it's fake right

>You're trying to argue semantics

I'm not trying to argue semantics, I'm pointing out valve is fixing drop ratios and they have the nerve to blame anyone but themselves when they accidentally set unusual drop ratio to 100% instead of 0.01%

>This whole fiasco was caused actually caused by corporate espionage as one of the people that does the patches for TF2 was bribed by Tencent
Oh if only.

>you own your steam g-

>It's really hard to prove that he knew that the crate was bugged when he opened it.
Good thing you don't actually have to.
Why do I have to? Why does valve have to? You're arguing semantics because you're a desperate little nigger trying to get away with his blatant bug abuse. Sorry you were too stupid to sell the items right away.
>you know what would happen? nothing
Yeah man, because Durial321 didn't get banned. Sorry, you too much of a zoomer to remember MMO drama in 2006?

You have an untradeable cosmetic item, so you've gotten what you paid for.

Who cares, Its just a game lol

Attached: Chad.jpg (834x992, 110K)

>he actually cited the exact ToS paragraph shitposters refer to when mocking valve
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1561324873312.jpg (458x398, 44K)

>boomer trying to defend big corporation
you guys need to die off quickly, the world doesn't need any of you

>what's edit element?
>what's photoshop?
Even if it's true, its just a robot tier response from someone unrelated to TF2 development, so nothing is happening yet

he paid for a cosmetic item that would become tradeable exactly 7 days after market purchase.

Long story short

>Someone on the TF2 makes a typo or something during an update
>Certain sets of crates go from having a ~0.01% chance of dropping an Unusual to a 100% chance of dropping an Unusual
>TF2 hat market is in complete shambles within hours

BASED

Bro am I a zoomer or a boomer? Pick one.

epic store is anything but solution to valve problem

Gamers only exist to be milked for every cent they have.

Attached: 1527404-recettear_00.jpg (1023x763, 275K)

Seriously. Its like trying to cure Herpes with cancer.

people think they have any rights on a digital distribution platform, lmfao.
buy a fucking VPN and download every PC game from IGG/Fitfirl or Torrents free of any DRM or Account requirements. Stop renting a license to play games that can be revoked form you for any reason at any time. What are fucking morals anymore? Look how these companies treat you.

Attached: piracy.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

Hello lawsuit for the EU fags

>Unusual price already back up to what it was at before the start of the exploit
Congratulations to marketchads who sold their crates to dumb cheatfags. Happy to know I'll still be able to live off of TF2.

Attached: 1559058559051.png (256x256, 42K)

Im both though i memed trump into presidency and made the boomer meme

if the support ticket is fake, the mastermind behind it is now forcing valve to answer this, assuming they would have liked to ignore it.

absolute madlad.

>find out there is currently a bug that lets a user unbox something they shouldn't be unboxing
>buy some boxes
>buy some keys
>unbox something that you know produces incorrect and gainful results

>Steam: Sorry sir, but you, the client, have participated in an exploit.
>Client: REEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT DID I DO WRONG
>Steam: We won't ban you this time, but don't do it again.
>Client: REEEEEEEEEE BUT ITS YOUR FAULT THAT I DID THIS

LOL

>forcing Valve to answer
They don't care. They can afford to not care. They explicitly told their fans years ago that they would rather say nothing than anything.

Attached: 581b406283faa.image.jpg (400x366, 16K)

>they shouldn't be unboxing

but valve can't prove that because the probability of unboxing an unusual is never revealed.

>forcing valve do do anything
>the company that can casually go radio silent for years

Attached: 1271158073-1270975053380-12kb.png (400x400, 12K)

sure you did

Valve always having big ties with China. Valve big big for flood board with China shills. Where you think Tenamen Square posting coming from? Fuck Valve we rather Epic store oh no no looking at top of head fffuck.

>Exploiters pretending they're innocent
How can people blatantly lie like this?

> missed out on exploit
> could've had cyberpunk preordered for free
> friend has a dozen gen1 crates and didn't care to install tf2 to do it after i told him
i hate life bros

Attached: 1265011280783.jpg (660x482, 133K)

>"N-no"

Okay

You're trying to argue semantics.

>Go to store
>TV is priced 99% off
>Go to self checkout, scan, pay and leave
>A Week later a swat team busts through your door to take the TV back
>SIR YOU KNEW IT WAS A MISTAKE WE WON'T KILL YOU BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN

its like these people have never touched an MMO in their life
you get insta-banned for doing this in any MMO unless the participation scale is off the charts, then there might just a warning
sometimes its a perma-ban

time to make this my "lmaobox" account

Obviously I can't prove that you didn't know, but the evidence is stacked against you. The miniscule amount of players who accidentally opened bug crates definitely aren't on Yea Forums. What do you get out of lying on the internet?

that's just your opinion

why are you reacting so nervously every time someone brings up the fact valve doesn't disclose drop rates, therefore has no ground to stand on if they are forced to address the issue?

Attached: 1563806637599.jpg (1280x738, 107K)

>client side exploit

Anyone else smell matzah?

For you

>I can't prove that you didn't know [due to a lack of evidence]
>But the evidence-

Hol' up

>If MMO devs accidentally change your spell to one-shot any player even outside of PvP, you would get banned for abusing it
No just modern blizz would do that

I'm honestly confused what angle you're trying to argue from at this point. Do you honestly think you stand any legal chance just because "hurr valve doesn't publicly disclose drop rates!"

Welp, this is it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>just lost 4k in stocks
>family wants to stab and murder and kill me until im dead
>keep hearing niggers giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

stream URL + quick rundown:
pastebin.com/KnjnkLW8

Thank you all, frens.

Attached: IMG_4738357483_4838992019.jpg (1024x683, 255K)

yes, why wouldn't that be?

Attached: 4xY6xT4G_400x400.jpg (400x400, 11K)

>Someone drops their wallet
>Pick it up and use all of the money inside
>Get caught when the matter is investigated and have all of the fraudulently purchased items confiscated from you
>"IT WAS HIS FAULT FOR DROPPING HIS WALLET!"

The absolute state of exploiter mental gymnastics.

Attached: comfypepe.jpg (236x213, 8K)

>suicide
>not pulling a Tarrant and livestreaming a mass shooting
weak

Are you retarded? There's a difference between being able to prove without reasonable doubt (the requirement for suing someone in a public courtroom) and being able to prove more than likely (the requirement for suing someone in a civil courtroom.)
It obviously can't be proved without a doubt that you didn't know, but when you take all the other evidence (these crates were never opened before because of generally bad pools, rapid increase of crate purchasing/crate opening right after the bug is found instead of opening them earlier) there is no way your argument holds up.

Not him but since Valve does not publicly disclose drop rates players have no way of knowing whether or not an increase or decreased happened or if it was intentional. Since the rates are a secret you cannot claim that the players knew that they were bugged after a patch because Valve does not discuss them and it could have been an intentional choice.

The more apt comparison is ordering twenty copies of something accidently priced at 1% of its value and then getting mad when they cancel the order.

The man comes around; the Man from the Moon
Back fresh from lynching every kike, fag and coon
The bounty's been paid and my pockets are fat
"Time to drop a few dollars on a virtual hat"
Cleaned off the gat
Nothing fresher than that
Finding one for this crescent skull gives me something to work at
But if you think I'll pay top dollar, shit nigger, you're screwed
Not one of these dimes goes to the hat-trading Jew

Crashing this market with no survivors
One body bag for every hook-nosed conniver
Chaos ensues, this shit's nothing new
Time to make a profit; some for me, some for you

Three hundred pound hackers chained up under my floor
Two keystrokes to become a big, bloody thorn
In the side of every trader, brony, tranny and kike
Preparing one transaction I don't think they're gonna like
But I'm not in the server; that's not for me
All I have to do is break that lock and key
Security goes down and I'm on a plane to Seattle
Two mags and a shotgun; time to make Valve HQ rattle

Light up this flight like a funeral pyre
Chaos ensues; this shit's nothing new
Time to make a profit; most for me, some for you

Slaughtered like cattle, what a fucking mess
I clapped pajeet lives like peons in chess
Stuffed Gabe in the closet, fragged Robin with my nine
All to set up my own little holiday in July
"But is it worth it?" I know a pussy's gonna ask
"All to give yourself some virtual hats?"
But pussies get stuffed, so don't you dare ask the question
No amount of life is too much for Moon Man's investment

Smash up the servers with my 9 iron driver
Chaos ensues; this shit's nothing new
Time to make a profit; all for me, some for you

KKK
KKK
KKKill the hat market today

KKK
KKK

KKK
KKK

Shout out to twiikuu: you're fucking next

See how the vile poorfag abusers ignore the punishment and focus on a single phrasing?

>Bought really expensive hat a few years ago via the monthly $2,000s my dad sends me for college
>Frequently get random friend requests from traders
>Offer to buy my hat
>Laugh at them and call them a lowballer regardless of their offer
Poorfags will never know this feel

Attached: 1458945615421.png (861x758, 26K)

You're beyond help.
That is why all the players started opening their existing crates and buying them up AFTER the bug was public knoweldge, right? It was just pure coincidence.

It's about time Valve did something about this.

Did you exploiters really think you could get a 2000 USD unusual for free and get away with it?

they have no legal right to cancel the order in that case

because if drop rates aren't disclosed then there is no issue. valve officialy doesn't guarantee that your shitty rare hat will keep it's value and is essentialy worthless virtual item.

interestingly, valve seems to care a lot about perceived monetary value of virtual goods - direct opposite of what they say to governments concerned about lootboxes issue.

No the comparison I made was apt because you already had the items. This situation is only different because Valve has control of the economy. This would be your situation but after you got the twenty copies they tried to come get them back.

I still have my hat, fuck you op.

Attached: kira enjoy.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>for every cent their mommies have.
Us gamers, huh? It sure is a new era for people like us who identify as hardcore gamers.
It's time to rise up.

Attached: 1564318542628.png (1201x782, 1.09M)

>YOU TOLD ME VALVE COULDNT DELETE THE HATS?
They can but doing so would be so horrendously sketchy that the law would have to get involved and with the bad reputation Lootboxes has as is, I don't think Valve would win if it comes to that.

I honestly don't know what solution there could possibly be at this point. I think they are just going to make them untradable and pretend like nothing happened.

Attached: Red Guy.jpg (305x385, 13K)

Pure coincidence? No what I am saying is players had no way of knowing it was not an intentional choice on Valve's part as they don't discuss drop rates.

And life hates you. You should kill yourself.

That's being intentionally obtuse and could even be seen as mocking the court if brought up in such a situation. Even if Valve has not disclosed the drop rates of unusuals, their value on the player driven market speaks for how rare it is to unbox one. People do not pay literally thousands of dollars for something that comes out of almost every box, therefore it is only logical to assume that unboxing unusuals out of pretty much every box you open is not how things are supposed to work.

>Exploits
Um, didn't this just involve buying and opening crates? So, they're basically fucking over the players for THEIR mistake? I don't even play TF2 and this seems shitty as fuck

Why do people pretend Valve couldnt apply a SLAPP to anyone that tries to sue them over this?

even the king of shit blizzard
only gave 48 hour bans to people who abused the fuck out of a world quest last xpac and ended up with billions ahead in their artifact bar and thousands of ore and tens/hundreds of new content material
they got to keep everything

the line is blurry as fuck here since with automatic item buy/selling system the transaction already happened with no way for valve to stop it.

if you put up physical items for sale on store and they have wrong price, you can cancel these orders. but if you bought the TF2 hat you paid the money, valve handed over you a hat and transaction was done. there is no time for valve to cancel such transaction except after the fact, which is incredibly dodgy and possibly illegal.

So Volvo fucked up royally and their response is to freeze assets that their players purchased and call it an exploit.

>they can't be used
hey people still wasted keys on those crates though didnt they?

NO REFUNDS

>therefore it is only logical to assume that unboxing unusuals out of pretty much every box you open is not how things are supposed to work.
Says who? Valve and guess who is behind the patches. If Valve decides that ususuals are to be more common they are more common. That is the end of that. They don't have to make a post they just up the drop rate.

Their rarity is determined by Valve. Valve suddenly made them less rare and people acted on this because they had no information as Valve does not talk to people about drop rates.

yep, shitstorm's a brewing now that valve directs blame on the players

>no way of knowing it was not an intentional choice on Valve's part
Good one.

*had INCOMIIIIIIIIIING

Are you? The "these crates have bad stuff in them, you would never open them otherwise" argument is your entire crutch for that whole spiel. There are so many built-in assumptions in that, that i don't even know where to begin. How would i know what all the shit in there is worth? Not every player is a trade autist in the game, intimately knowledgable about item values and their fluctuations etc. You can't rightfully assume i know jack shit about trade meta. Also why would i bust my ass to go get different crates when i have these (supposedly bad, but viable nonetheless) crates already available for opening? I don't see why i would need to, refer to the first point. Alternatively, i dont care what's in it and am just going for an unusual, perhaps i dont really care which one ans just want a glowy hat. Try not to kill yourself after finding out how deep a hole you dug for yourself.

No one was opening those boxes because they were worthless.
Then people heard about the bug.
Now many people are opening boxes that were worthless because they heard about the bug.

Ergo, the client is participating in an exploit.

Says the fact that they are so sought after. If they were more common, they would not sell for exorbitant amounts of money.

You could try to imply that Valve intentionally increased the drop rate, but then you find yourself with the burden of proof.

They aren't deleted, just untradeable

Valve is literally shitting on their playerbase for a mistake they made so they can appease hat trading whales. If this is real it's all the proof you need that they are now no better than Epic Games.

Attached: 1563643261591.jpg (560x487, 71K)

he doesn't have to prove anything. someone at valve changed the drop rate of unusuals to 100% and that's all that happened.

>Comparing literal theft of real life currency to the lawful payment and acquisiton of a handful of virtual items with infinite supply and no intrinsic value

Lawl

But it's not like they found a way to... spawn tons of crates or whatever. They just opened crates already there.
Seriously, calling it an exploit when it's Valve's bad is really taking the piss

>You could try to imply that Valve intentionally increased the drop rate, but then you find yourself with the burden of proof.
At the time the burden of proof would be on you actually. The drop rate was increased and they said nothing to the contrary. Therefore they intended to increase it. The burden of proof would be on you to prove they did not intend to.

>cant trade, craft, market or wear them and they may be deleted

They removed like 99% of the functionality because "you won too much"

user on the internet doesn't, but if anyone is going to take Valve to court over this, then they will have to prove that is what happened.

Oh they very much can, but lootboxes have evolved to become a problem that governments around the world are now getting involved and if they hear about this you bet their ass they'll ride Valve.

You can't exactly out-money Congress.

While I am in this thread literally shitting on Valve I am still seething about Phoenix Point and hate Epic and everything they have done and Valve is still twenty times better than those Chinks.

>2000 USD hat

It's worth nothing, the only value it has is colloquially assigned

>I don't think Valve would win if it comes to that.
Yes, as we all know, digital goods existing on large megacorporation's servers are inalienable RIGHTS to the consumer.

Just kidding faggot. Every day people are banned from video games they paid money for, or items in the game. You don't actually own your digital items. Plus you were exploiting anyway.

Why haven't any gold farming companies who've been banned in MMOs and lost thousands of dollars in machine time/chink labor ever even attempt to file lawsuits against the company for "stealing" their digital items?

again, you're handwaving the fact there is no rational information about the drop ratio that would make it more obvious it's a glitch and not valve being valve. it's not semantics, it's true. valve wanted to play the virtual market and now has to face consequences now that they meddled with market in such a way to create a crash.

>a hat economy
Gaming is truly dead.

they don't have to prove anything like that. the accusation is that valve illegally altered a product after sale and that's pretty easy to prove.

OH FUCK NOT CANADA

Attached: 1561323941098.png (576x408, 343K)

I wish the image in the OP was dated so that we could see if this is what they call a client side exploit, or if the dude did something however long ago that was real

>He doesn't know

Why did these innocent players wait until after the bug to open their crates they've been hoarding lol
why would they buy old crates randomly

That's not how the law works.

What the fuck? You are the one making the claim that the drop rate was intentionally increased instead of it being a bug that slipped past the development team. Therefore, you have to provide proof for that being the case.

I do not have to prove anything because Valve themselves said it was a bug. If you doubt their claim, then you are free to provide evidence that proves that they are lying and in fact did intentionally tweak the drop rates.

Attached: bugged.png (898x356, 46K)

I thought crates were drops themselves as well?

Why do americans always think the EU can do anything?

>after the weekend.
they never updated the game btw

Anecdotal example, i have a fuckton of old crates that dropped for me back in the day, i simply held on to them since i was young and had no money or ingame resources for keys. Now im older and have money to open them, simple as. You're being really disingenuous with your assertions

Wake me up when the economy crashes. I want a strange kritz that's cheap as dirt.

>they never updated the game btw
Don't have to if the inventory server is a separate entity.

We know now that it was a bug. The statement I was making was that there was no way to know it was a bug prior to the statement being made by Valve. You cannot reasonably blame players or claim they knew it was an exploit bug or unintentional when Valve provided no guidance prior to that statement and as far as everyone knew they merely increased the unusual drop rate for some crates.

This is entirely on Valve and the players cannot be blamed for their mistakes.

Unfortunately, Valve has the numbers of how many people were opening these boxes prior to the event (and also, specifically which accounts are involved in box trading), and how many people began to open them only on the day of the discovery.

Anyone outside the normal group opening these boxes on that day is expecting something abnormal.
Another way to write that exact statement is "Opening those boxes on that day is taking advantage of the situation."
And "taking advantage of something" is "exploiting it".

*shuts down crates in EU*

nothin personnel, volvo

Attached: 1123383666072.jpg (228x221, 11K)

Oh, wait, reread it and realised I misinterpreted what you said.
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

The only way to get the bugged crates is to have them or buy them, they are old as fuck and haven't been dropped in ages. Really convenient that these innocent players opened their ages old crates AFTER the bug.
You randomly got the money to open them right after the bug dropped? That seems unlikely.

Why do Yea Forumstards think the goldface can do anything?

valve can say all they want but they don't have anything to prove it wasn't intentional. like, why perfectly shitty crates from 10 years ago suddenly drop amazing prices? how did valve managed to monumentally fuck up the code that changed the content of crates that dropped aeons ago?

I get a feeling that valve does really shady stuff with the crates and if they have to explain what precisely happened it might be revealed and people won't like it.

Every person I seen talk about this glitch has called it an exploit so of valve would treat it as such.

>claim certain items can come from crates
>only can get one type of item
>eu bans lootboxes
heh, nothin personnel

Suspicions and gut feelings won't hold up in court.

>You randomly got the money to open them?

No i get what's called a "paycheck" my NEET friend

this guy's just shilling his shitty epic 4channer discord. report him

>eu bans lootboxes
Why do americans believe this?

Wow, so your first paycheck ever just so happened to coincide with the bug happening? Really unfortunate timing dude.

What it boils down to though is this the blame lies on Valve. This was not a glitch in the system that players were exploiting. The system was running perfectly fine someone just input the wrong numbers.

They were exploiting the crates but it was not an exploit. It was just a mistake on their side.

>They were exploiting the crates but it was not an exploit.
What you said there made no sense.

They could have done slight changes to unusual drop chances across the board, and a single forgotten comma can turn a 1,00% chance to a 100% chance.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.

Attached: 1534809797519.gif (500x491, 376K)

They took advantage of an unusual situation, knowing full well that it was fucked.

Trying to hide behind retarded arguments like "WHAT IF VALVE INCREASED THE CHANCE INTENTIONALLY TO 100%? YOU NEVER KNOW BECAUSE THE NUMBERS ARE KEPT SECRET" is just disingenuous and disrespectful of everyone's intellect.

>Try not to kill yourself after finding out how deep a hole you dug for yourself.
Please keep posting. I love really good quips like this and with wojaks, I feel it's a lost art.

U retards realize that valve wont acknowledge the problem right?

Attached: (you).gif (320x240, 2.34M)

>Wow, so your first paycheck ever just so happened to coincide with the bug happening?

Is there something wrong with you that you can only respond by bombarding someone with incorrect assumptions one after another? At this point you're just going in circles and doubling down on the retardation that got you here in the first place

well this isn't a glitch, this is a mistake of retarded valve employee who was too busy banning loli games to check if the update has right numbers and pushed the update into production.

if it was a glitch there would be an explaination why item software started misbehaving and giving wrong items. it could make an interesting post for programming blog if it was true. but most likely valve is solely to blame for this one and they're desperate to hide it.

Attached: snifff.png (710x483, 300K)

They were taking advantage of a numerical mistake Valve made with the crate drop rates but it was not actually an exploit as the system was functioning as intended and players were not forced to do anything special or go out of their way in order to subvert it.

>He didn't sell the crates

Attached: 1395877448072.jpg (500x333, 48K)

seething tradefag

They took advantage of an unusual situation. It is not their fault however the situation arose and were making the best of it for their benefit without actually harming anyone because mind you traderfags aren't people.

You justed said they were exploiting the crates, which means it was an exploit, you even used the word exploiting.

No one is claiming that the bug wasn't Valve's fault. Just that taking advantage of the bug is solely on the user.

Opening a single crate and getting an unusual during the bug's uptime? Completely fine and excusable, since you couldn't have known.

Buying a shit ton of the affected crates and unboxing tens if not hundreds of unusuals? Taking advantage of the situation and thus punishable.

>valve fucks up
>blames the players and say they are exploiting
>GUYS VALVE CARES ABOUT THE CONSUMER UNLIKE EPIC VALVE IS BASED

And a ching chong ding dong to you too

>They took advantage of an unusual situation.
That’s called an exploit.

Are you blind?

I was just rewording it because you couldn't understand the phrasing. The problem with the crates itself was not an exploit as they are typically known. However people were exploiting the fact that the crates had a higher drop rate for unusuals.

>still not completely refusing to play anything with microtransactions

Attached: 1304376955947[1].png (500x375, 299K)

they exploited the fact that valve is being retarded not the software itself. there was no need to break the system or use actual exploits, just uncrate crates as usual. mind that nobody initially knew which crates were affected and random crates were being uncrated and only after a few hours of very profitable for valve experimentation people managed to pinpoint exact affected crates.

Hat economy has existed since 2011 newfriend

Valve could literally delete my entire steam inventory and i would still not download EGL and their chinese spyware

>an exploit that uses a server side list to draw an item
>client-side
Glad I'm not retarded

I notice quite a few people have been shilling for epic on this thread.

That isn't what an exploit is retard. An exploit is an actual glitch or error in the system that requires you to break the system in order to use. What they did was opportunistic capitalism.

You're being disingenuous and purposefully ignoring that the chances of someone hoarding those specifically bugged crates and finally getting the money to open them on the day of the fucking bug are astronomically low.

EXPLOIT NIGGERS IN THE GRAVE TONIGHT

HATS DELETED IT'S OKAY, THEY'RE NOT WHITE

BASED VALVE LAWYERS MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND

Attached: exploit.png (906x288, 33K)

>>>r/tf2

your entire argument is based on the fact people should judge whether opening a crate is morally right or wrong. it's a video game, people will do everything to maximize the success. naturally, when rumors of bugged crates came out everyone tried to take a gamble and try it for the chance of getting unusual and it worked for most of the users. the fact what they did was wrong only has been stated after Valve said so even thought it all was caused by their sloppy job in the first place.

Looks fair to me

Valve wins
Flawless victory

It's just an example and you, for lack of reasonable argumentative material (because of your low verbal IQ) can only latch onto it as if it is the only POSSIBLE reason someone would have opened those crates.

You're a faggot but you're also right. Yea Forums used to be anticrits until this retard did his video and suddenly Yea Forums is procrits? Fucking lmao.

Congratulations on trying to use the wrong definition of a word to win an argument. You keep trying shift arguments and definitions but its getting really tiring. You keep calling the crates an exploit meaning the digital definition but when called out on it you try to dictionary the other definition of it even though it isn't even fucking applicable because it wasn't unfair or underhanded.

And just to be clear you are again wrong. You went to find the verb exploit but you used it as a noun to describe the crate situation as AN exploit which it objectively isn't but you can't handle being wrong on the internet.

Every single player had access to the same situation, it's not unfair at all

>exploitation

How? Opening crates is exploitation? This is solely the fault of Valve.

If money falls off the back of a Brinks truck, it is against the law for you to pick it up.

The same applies here.

>when you're so """based""" you can literally rob your customers and they help you get away with it

Attached: l9hfgwekn2d31.png (512x384, 253K)

>Thing works in a way that is not intended
>Take advantage of that to gain something that is normally extremely rare in great quantities
>Devastate the economy while you're at it
>Fair

Attached: bigthonk.jpg (236x235, 6K)

Not even remotely the same thing. It is incorrect pricing at a store. Pretending otherwise is being disingenuous.

But that's a completely separate situation, how is that the same?

The fact of the matter is that these players were exploiting the situation. They did not take advantage of AN exploit, but they were exploiting.

>False equivalence
It's much more akin to an item being wrongly priced at a store, user.

>Gets blown out
>Ignores that fact and pretends it doesn't matter
>WELL THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THEY WERE EXPLOITING
No they were taking advantage of a mistake Valve made which was NOT an exploit which means it is fair game which means your arguments hold no weight and you are a faggot.

Good day.

everyone getting a equal chance at unusuals? I call that fair.

>Wolff

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door. Epic Games is two blocks down.

Attached: 1477677202452s.jpg (230x219, 4K)

>mfw hats i bought off the market after selling crates aren't going to be deleted

Attached: maury.gif (320x240, 3.48M)

I say is more akin to someone making 70% of the lottery tickets the winning ones

There's a significant difference between a game bought from a digital storefront and an in-game item that was acquired through random chance from lootboxes where the only product required to access it is a one use key. What is exactly infringed here is muddled in the second case since your ability to trade or acquire those items are entirely dependent on Valve, but any subscriber agreement will be thrown out of the window if they decide to just remove items from your account without a reason that doesn't infringe on consumer right laws themselves when it comes to actual products being sold, i.e. games.

fuck you

Cope with it cheatfag, we TRIED to tell you that the hats weren't going to last forever

Valve's mistake is the situation. They took advantage of the situation. Exploiting is defined as taking advantage of a given situation in a way that is considered unfair or underhanded.

Since Valve did not condone of taking advantage of the situation, doing so is automatically underhanded, therefore it is exploiting the situation. Get fucked, nerd.

The chance is equal for everyone whether it is 0,001% or 100%, brainlet.

the unusuals have no actual value besides what players give them, meaning now they're worthless
cope harder, tradetranny

I don't think that's fair at all since those two are nowhere near the same value whatsoever

Everyone exploiting that fair chance also gets the same fair chance of locked-to-account hats :^)

>"accidentally" make crates give guaranteed unusuals
>"leak" this info out
>make hundreds of thousands of dollars off people using SCM to buy these crates, plus keys
>later shut it all down
>punish the people who paid you
>keep all the money

Can you say B- b-

B-

B- b- b-

B- b-

BASED?

>make hundreds of thousands of dollars off people using SCM to buy these crates
>implying

i blindly, 100% believe this epin screen shot without any link or sources to further corroborate it, the same way i do my twitter post screen shots.

Attached: q342342342234.png (800x491, 255K)

I have never traded items on Steam and I don't even play TF2 anymore. I just want to set the record straight that what these people did was, in fact, exploitation.

>playing tf2
>paying for anything in tf2
>trusting valve
>liking valve because of games the made years ago
>liking valve at all
>crates
It would be a service to humanity if all tf2 players were erased from existence along with this shit company.

Post yfw you didn't buy.

Attached: 1539995656766.png (112x112, 21K)

POST YFW TRADE CHADS WON IN THE END

PRESS D TO DAB ON EXPLOIT KEKS

>everyone fell for my fake support email

Attached: p.jpg (2173x3783, 135K)

cope

>traders with buy orders are stuck with expensive bricked unusuals

Attached: 1561580850698.jpg (552x543, 44K)

I don't play this cancer. Thanks for helping kill games

>\v\ hates communism and will defend the free market
>also \v\: fuck tradefags lmao, give everyone a free unusual, crash the market

>Yea Forums isn't one person
woah

It's almost like Yea Forums isn't one person or something

>Yea Forums isn't one person
Wao

Attached: 02f00686db0c8d8db5a26eaea83068aa.jpg (256x275, 34K)

WTF bros, why would they say this

Attached: steamsupport.png (929x178, 9K)

you can support a free market but not enjoy 100% of what it does, retard

You do realize the whole thing about user being one guy is a joke right?

Also what this guy says Having values built around extremes and absolutes is retarded.

In a free market system if your shop gives out merchandise for 12 hours straight, then you turn around and ask everyone to give it all back to you, the public would tell you to get bent.

why didnt valve just do it where the people who paid get to keep their unusuals but not trade them.
and give them back the keys they used to open those boxes. The market would be saved, the players would be happy, and it takes off the pressure of valve as being this retarded company.

*ahem*

FUCK VALVE
FUCK GABE
FUCK TYLER

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 13K)

Feels good to be an Epichad
Valvefags can rot with their shitty store

Attached: dcxuxl8-7afa7f34-3f15-4a39-b174-c07b1f28dd42.png (770x770, 680K)

This is the kind of logic looters use when they steal shit after a disaster. It's not muh fault I could walk in and steal everything them is free shoes *sucks teeth*

hahahaha so this is what it’s like to win bros

so many poors lose again

TIM PLEASE

>purchasing goods via the steam market is equal to looting during a disaster

awww is tradecuck/unboxcuck made he didn't sell his pixels and collect his free VR headset? maybe you should whine about it on reddit. after all, that filename tells us exactly where you came from!

Attached: 1542572739583.jpg (511x671, 41K)

One guy out of a million players contacted steam customer service

Lol

Ok

so will they had to do something tomorrow since they technically become tradeable tomorrow?

I see we have our first watermelon flavored shill on the scene pretending to be dumb. The whole point was the second you looters figured out you could exploit you dog piled it like a bunch of feral nogs and did everything you could to rip people off. The people buying them were likely in no way innocent as well knowing they were purchasing exploits in the hope they could have the exploit items remain with them by playing stupid and screaming about muh money I spent.

careful, yoo keep bein a hoser we may even set loose our Prime Minister on yoo, eh?

Attached: justin-trudeau-boxing.jpg (1200x786, 102K)

PLEASE DONT BE FAKE IN SO SICK OF ALL THE POORFAGS DESPERATELY CLINGING TO THEIR SHITTY KILL A WATT AND DISCO BEAT DOWN MIAMI NIGHTS BULLSHIT AND LASHING OUT AT EVERYONE WHO CALLS THEM ANNOYONG

>shitstorm brewing
LMAO. No such thing happening. Keep being mad, fag. Your impotent rage is amusing though.

>pay for product
>purchase is honored by seller
>this is "looting"

>going out of your way to call someone annoying because they didn't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a sparkly purple hat
tradetrannys on suicide watch

Attached: 1425063082281.png (481x637, 81K)

>you exploited our system and you're a bad person
>oh but you get to keep all the items from it unless we decide to commit PR suicide

wow such penalties much punishment

What's the source on this though?

reddit
you clown

Yea Forums is not one person, I've always been procrits, even if at the cost of some DPS. The psychological effect allows for more aggressive plays

>Pay 5% or less of items market value after being exploited
>Act dumb with purpose like it was a legitimate trade

Poverty logic is great isn't it.

>one special person got a special message

>pay less than average value for a car
>sign the papers, dealer sells
>drive off the lot
>dealer later visits your house
>"YOU RIPPED ME OFF"
>locks the car down so you can only sit in it

>market prices have gone stable
>exploitcucks shafted

TRADEFAGS WIN AGAIN

>beat a rigged game because the rigger fucked up
>NOOOOOO IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RIGGED YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WIN

They should just lock them back into crates and let us unbox them without the exploit.

>Valve fucks up
>people legally acquire rare shit
>StOp xPloiTinG uS

Attached: Nvm+i+found+a+better+quality+one+for+you+_49069bbbcbbb981afcb5283e8f59362c.jpg (200x313, 17K)

So cratechads won in the end

>They will not be available for marketing, trading, crafting
Pretty harsh but that's probably the best solution i guess-
>or in-game use in the future
Oh boy
>The affected items may be subject to further alteration or removal.
If that's real they're in for a ride. Their reputation is already pretty bad but this will make people seething mad.

Attached: 1480734552017.jpg (453x500, 39K)

Despicable shit. Never seeing epic do shit like this. I'm abandoning steaming forever and going to epic, so who being with me. Fuck steaming

>pay less than average value for a car
>sign the papers, dealer sells
>drive off the lot
>police later visits your house
>sir this vehicle was stolen were going to have to take it
>n-no no it was a legitimate trade! I should get to keep it anyway!

We can do this all day friend nothing is going to change the fact that you suffer from an acute case of melanin brain and I hope you have shit stolen from you at some point.

t. Tim Sweeney

In your case the buyer would get compensation and the dealer would get sued, you retard. People aren't even being refunded for these in-game items.

>buying digital goods legally is akin to buying stolen property
retarded take

>no matter what valve does the market for unusuals is permanently destroyed because anyone who ever wanted one probably got theirs
>"b-b-but you can't trade it!!!"
>implying I would want to

Attached: laffin engy.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

yeah nah I'm going to wait for an actual statement from valve

Good, I hope idiots now realize that Valve is just as lazy and money-hungry as Activision or Blizz and abandon Steam.

Attached: smugpika.png (627x526, 17K)

Even if this is fake its more of a reply than we will ever actually get from Valve.

I know its late but I see this as revenge for ten (10) years of relentless Valve dicksucking by fanboys too oblivious to see the writing on the wall. Half-Life 2 being a glorified tech demo and downgrade from the first game and expansion packs should have been enough but Yea Forums is more than a little slow.

Seriously, not waiting for epic to finally putting steaming in grave.

they are issuing out bans

Attached: recentban.png (988x227, 27K)

>still had 3 keys left after valve fixed the bug
>decide to just open some crates to get some strange guns
>get unusual on the third key

Thanks volvo

>banning and deleting items
now instead of asshurt traders being genocided they're going to genocide the rest of the TF2 playerbase, bravo

Is there an actual Wolff on the Steam Team?

Steam is mostly ran by diversity hires, furries and transexuals now so probably.

Wasn't Valve going to be sued by a tranny who said they treated them like shit? I remember reading about that once then never hearing about it again.

I assumed they settled.

Even if there was, the TF2 team's statement has more power considering this is just a generic steam support response.

read the picture again

It was legal, but it wasn't in accordance with the service providers guidelines, thus said service provider is well within its rights to freeze the assets gained in this way.

Funny how the TF2 team is nothing but jaded as fuck guys who got stuck in skeleton crew duty much like when L4D got killed and sticked ONE guy to manage the whole thing

oh nonononono

Attached: leddit.png (787x84, 9K)

FUCK, I WANTED TO POST MORE

>user Number 472535904 is a faggot.
>
>Steam Support
>Wolff

It could be signed with Tim Sweeney and people would still take it at face value.

idk the code sounds like a mess, maybe it wasn't intentional, like that time they added some shit and the Spy could build dispensers
youtube.com/watch?v=qOTnLCCYdUA

>billion dollar corporation is over a week late for basic PR management
why do you cucks allow this??

>Yea Forums got baited by reddit

l m a o
you cucks are pathetic

they gotten themselves into a huge mess, they will have to discuss with lawyers a lot before making any decisions

Attached: 1564513362421.png (799x1199, 884K)

They already did most of the damage control and you are asking why they aren't kneejerking more bullshit?

this is by far not the first time that valve is lacking in their social media department
any proper and actual games company would have released a statement on the very first day, don't deny it

This market crash goes beyond basic PR posts you tard.

>muh srs bsns
fuck off, I just don't want my account locked because you autistic children lost your thousands of dollars

Should have resisted exploiting then. Just because Valve made a mistake does not give you an excuse to take advantage of it and try to screw as many people as possible. It's like no one who exploited can accept personal responsibility. If someone leaves a door unlocked do you fuckers go inside and steal stuff too?

If you don't want your account locked, why would you take advantage of a mistake? And if you didn't, why are you worried about your account getting locked?

They ain't gonna do shit for weeks on end. Doubt they've even discussed it yet. Valve has honestly become one of the laziest fucking video game related companies ever. They lucked out with steam and Dota and never have to do anything meaningful at all ever again. It's astonishing.

>spending actual money on not just games, but virtual items inside those games

Attached: too much px.png (7802x6822, 1.41M)

Everyone at Valve is too busy working on TI9 while the three TF2 devs left are scrambling like headless chickens.

Their autistic Linux team are busy holed up in their /g/entoo dens.

Jill already confirmed it was fake, but whatever.

Imagine being in their position where you have to deal with customers who have absolutely no morality whatsoever. It's not like people just got some rare item by mistake and they can simply say something like our bad you just can't trade them. They have to deal with the fact that people not only took advantage of the mistake but many of them abused it to make money. On top of it the exploiters are so entitled that they will have a massive shit fit and try to cause even more damage if Valve were to do the right thing and simply roll everything back. I would not want to be in that position and they are going to have to take their time to come up with a solution that sets things right and in the end part of it is probably going to involve rewarding the exploiters in some way. It's disgusting. I used to actually think that people that play games get the shit end of the stick from platforms and publishers but this whole thing has changed my view entirely. I think the vast majority of people deserve it because they will try to fuck over those platforms and publishers any time they ever get a chance.

never did in TF2

always found the cosmetics were way too expensive, an entire set for one class could run you 15-20 dollars

get fucked, chink

They could have used this to have a more open transparent discussion about how the community wants to deal with this but instead are most likely seeing this as a minor inconvenience and the decision will probably be made at the last minute. It's just laziness.

What kind of discussion would that be? One side has zero morality and thinks making money off an exploit is justified. The other side has zero morality and thinks nothing should threaten the stranglehold they have on the market by using third party tools to try to scam people. You can't reason with either side or expect either side to have a civil discussion. I'll admit Valve is being lazy because if they had any scruples at all they would just give a middle finger to both sides and find a way to ban the trader trannies trying to scam people.

Based Valve, fuck market autists

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ckqrah/i_got_a_response_from_steam_support_on_the_crate/evqahiz/

y'all are so gullible

>official Valve response in the replies
Based

This valve said shit was fake and gay, OP will continue being a faggot.

there is an actual dev in the reddit thread retard

>open a crate completely legally, unknowing that guaranteed unusuals are a thing
>have your money stolen
thanks, valvetards

Which is why it should just be rolled back. But none of you faggots want that. You just hide behind saying the word legal and illegal like it has any bearing when you're operating under an agreement that says Valve can do whatever it want's whenever it wants on their platform. You don't want to go back to square one or get you "stolen" money back. You want your cake and to eat it too. You think you're owed something because valve made a mistake and there's no convincing you otherwise.

So what happens to the players that unboxed all their unusuals without any knowledge as to what was happening or why?

it's just like a casino rolling back your jackpot winnings lmao

I wouldn't mind if ten dollar steak coupons were given in place of every unusual.

You're damn right they would if they found an error in the system. Do you think that they don't check the unit when it gives one out? The amount of brainlet in these threads.

test

that would be illegal

Yes because people were by chance unboxing those specific bugged crates during those specific hours with zero knowledge of the exploit and just thought they were so lucky. Get real.

vegasclick.com/games/slots/malfunctions

read it, you live in a fantasy

>sorry goy, but we conveniently found an error in our system after you won ten million dollars. time to give the money back
but you will defend this, valvekikes always do

That's why there's such a thing as the gaming commission that regularly inspects and validates these machines and if they casino was cheating they would be in deep shit.

Why did Sim Tweeney do this? I don't want WoverOwatch

I'm convinced this is an Epic shill who shooped a Steam Support reply to get the TF2 autists further riled up.

>Check the subreddit
I'm laughing my ass off at the degenerates at reddit who unironically believe this picture is the right alignment. This is why I'll never believe the actual redditors who try to claim Yea Forums = reddit when shit like this is the majority opinion of the mod rimjobbing bootlickers that are redditors.
>Malfunctions
>Guy is able to exit the casino and buy a bunch of cars then sell it to people for "clean" money and keeps it scott free
>Guy's car is deleted

Attached: cvb2nkf5ooc31.png (999x799, 294K)

why is Yea Forums so fucking gullible

shut the fuck up you little harlot

They don't make it out of the casino brainlet. The machines are always inspected and validated on a jackpot.

I doubt they will be doing anything to those who opened one or two crates. If anyone gets their shit frozen, it's those that deliberately attempted to profit from this happenstance.

>Yea Forums doesn't check their sources as per usual and become autistically mad for no reason

Attached: 1562440435160.png (327x316, 211K)

>Buy a product
>Someone else loots the place
>Your product gets taken away
Please try to justify this you retard.

Expect you're buying a brand new car from a dealership, there would be 0% change that the car was stolen.

Not real

Attached: catcar.jpg (526x567, 74K)

Jesus christ this is cringy. How do redditors live with themselves

Attached: 9p0vam552cd31.jpg (960x767, 88K)

Bros.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... ALL OF THOSE HOURS TRADING BROS, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: 1564698659952.jpg (979x211, 51K)

Valve isn’t lazy, just incompetent.

Their propaganda phrases like “work on whatever you want” really means “work on whatever you want so long as it makes us tons of money or you’re fired.” The “there are no bosses” really means “everyone is your boss so you better get popular or else you’re fired.”

Valve employees are constantly working hard to not lose their jobs, but the constant fear of losing their job basically drives everyone to play it safe and stay clear of working on anything potentially risky. The real reason why it’s taking so damn long for them to react is that no one wants to risk their jobs by taking ownership over something potentially damaging. It’s much safer to go “but I’m too busy working on this small feature in Steam/Dota/Underlords/VR to fix that.”

I thought that meant all the employees with influence just jerk off in a corner with people who want to get with them which is how shit like Artifact got greenlit

It does. The safest things to work on are what the employees with influence say to work on. Unfortunately, the employees with influence are all out of touch and delusional, hence how everyone rallied around “the Half-Life 2 of card games,” because the guys with influence genuinely thought it’d be a big success and all the other Valve employees flocked around them because it was the thing to work on.

From what I hear the Artifact team were all massive Richard Garfield fags so one thing led to another and they sort of just let him take the wheel on nearly everything.

Richard Garfield still insists that there’s nothing wrong with Artifact’s core gameplay.

This post is the definition of sunk cost fallacy holy shit
When will you realize that hats in tf2 are a currency that could disappear in a blink of an eye, with no way of recuperating your losses? Invest in something real, friend

I don't think anyone here actually invests in Tf2 hats.

You'd be surprised. You're surrounded by idiots. You're probably one of the idiots, even.

>valve
honestly deserved it
If you are still using Steam in 2019 you deserve to lose all your video games (which you will in the future, screen cap this post).

Yes, it is a perfect solution.
What a dumb analogy.

ur the girlfriend thats pissed at his bf but still sucking his dick while pouting
I'd hardly call that "shitting on", sweetheart

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in EU. I'm contacting to my lawyer right now.

>people still falling for it
It's fucking shooped you tards.

Attached: goodjuan.png (960x767, 239K)

The more apt comparison is ordering twenty TVs accidently priced at 1% of its value and then getting mad when they remotely brick your TVs rendering them useless.

>inb4 the lawyer laughs at your face for speaking about vibyagaymes

lol.

Good job. I don't know how these monkey regarded "delete them with nothing else" as "neutral"

Unironic question from someone who doesn't play very many videogames save for a few isometric rpgs and TF2 from time to time

If this is true (it's not), why would you still be a customer at steam and not switch to epicgames? Are they really that bad? Seems like company loyalism taken to a cuck degree to me. Capitalism doesn't work proper if you get cucked mentally and think you're on a "team" with a company, it's about the best product winning. I'm having a crisis. Maybe communism is correct, like the jews said, goyim are fucking cattle.

valve has deliberately tried very hard to get users invested into their platform by turning it into some pseudo social network

Looting is fine because anything lost is covered under the insurance. If you don't have insurance, don't live where you can lose everything because nature said fuck you

Vey smart of them, but doesn't really explain all the "yeah im shitting on steam they suck haha but FUCK EPICGAMES DUMBASS CHINKS VIVA LA STEAM!!!"

Rev up that lawsuit

vocaroo.com/i/s1V9gffx47eC

Glad I could help.

> game its some f2p old shit game they already know their target audience

I don't people like this. I mean mtg is the biggest, most well known and loved card game out there but I don't know a single person that's happy with the land mechanic. I'm not saying Artifact is shit because of something in a game over 2 decades older than it but I'm just saying even if someone creates a masterpiece you should still question them every step of the way. These guys ever seen the star wars prequels for another example?

>440 replies for a bait
Idiots.

Attached: 159678230.jpg (865x760, 48K)