How do you feel about angels debuting in DOOM ETERNAL

Attached: AhjWAh0_d.jpg (640x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU
youtu.be/wkv5b66Qr-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they're aliens

at least they're not niggers

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

After Diablo III, it could be too soon to make that claim

they're a bunch of fucking posers that are asking for an ass kicking

so they're fine

I'm really curious if they're gonna do the jrpg route and have god be the bad guy or if it's just a faction of heaven and there will be angels that help you out later.

So they're not really angels? Do angels exist in the doomverse if that's the case?

Can't wait to stomp some angelic ass. Based DOOM Eternal devs for letting us finally put those haughty bitches in their proper place under humanity's boot.

The devs specifically stated at e3 that heaven and angels are in the game.

That's just gonna be Hayden's cult playing around as them

I know this is Doom and people shouldn't expect a story but this is so uninspired it hurts.

Hell if I know. But if angels did exist in the doomverse, they sure as hell wouldn't look and act like cocky aliens looking to get their skulls caved in by a very angry marine.

I hope they are more threatening than most of the demons in Painkiller 2016's vision obscuring arenas. The only fun ones were the Imps and Hellknights

Dumb but whatever

Heaven in Doom should draw a few parallels to Hell, in terms of decoration and props.
What would be their version of FIREBLU, for example?

Doom 3 had a post about bringing mankind closer to "heaven" and a mobile game had the Holy Water Pistol.

>It turns out Heaven doesn't exist at all, the angels shown so far being clones of Samuel's personality or powered up UAC cultists
It's all coming together

Attached: tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg (1024x768, 108K)

i feel like PRESSING A BUTTON TO DO SOMETHING AWESOME! BUTTON -> AWESOME! CONNECT IT NOW!

Hmm...must have missed that, but they never said that what was in the trailer were angels, not that it matters but I think it'd be an interesting misdirect.

WATERRED

It's stupid and a sign that DOOM Eternal is taking itself and its "lore" way too seriously and will probably turn out mediocre as a result.

>hell
africa and the middle east
>heaven
isreal
>earth
the west

Love it.

as long as they look cool and are fun to fight I don't give a shit.

Generic
Making angels the bad guy has been done, i hope they didn't scrap their early plans to explore more advanced regions of hell where demons had proper high tech civ's

>angels are generic for being bad guys
as opposed to demons?

He's just a christcuck mad that his particular make-believe team is being picked on.

Demons were with the game since the beginning.
Adding angels this far down the line is just silly.

DOOM fans are really cringey
t. a doom fan

>silly
maybe, but that's not the same as generic. also I can't say I've seen many angels as enemies in western games so I'm intrigued

You're right, it's not the same as generic, as that user who is not me claimed it was.
Cliche would be more accurate. We already have a concept that could be considered cliche at this point (fighting demons) so adding on another is just nauseating, regardless of which hemisphere the games come from.
Someone will tell me that it's good that Doom is trying to expand on lore, but
a) it's fucking doom, nobody cares
b) this doesn't even fit with the already established lore of Doomguy being Catholic.

>Doomguy being Catholic.
Source?

I hope the Heaven has evil church music

I just need one line about how god left heaven centuries ago and the angels not being able to agree on what to do with humanity have turned to infighting.
If they do that I am totally fine with it.

Again, source?

I definitely see your point, I'm just glad because we get more enemy and environmental variety

Was confirmed in the old novel, and Carmack also confirmed he was a virgin.

Angels have the potential to have really cool designs and add variety to the game so I'm good with that. Just from a narrative standpoint it irks me. I'm sure I'll get over it halfway through though.

>Novel
Which then turned out to be non canon after the "lol they're actual aliens" twits.
>Carmack said he was a virgin
There was never a proper source of this besides an unsourced screenshot that was spread around.

>diablo 3 was 7 years ago

Attached: 1525110505304.jpg (633x758, 59K)

think im already sick of bethesdas marketing team spamming the board again

Trust me m8 if I was Beth I'd be spamming a wojak with BOOMERS BTFO DOOM 2016 IS BETTER IS BETTER THAN 1

Cringe-based decision based on fedora tipping autist developers who want to use an uninspired idea of making the good guys bad. Won’t even bother spitting in the direction of this trash.

Scary monsters from hell screaming in your face is exciting. Scary angels sounds like weeb stuff.

Angels were huge assholes in the bible. Stop being triggered and do some research.

More targets to rip and tear.

I'm not familiar, do you have some examples?

>I'm really curious if they're gonna do the jrpg route and have god be the bad guy or if it's just a faction of heaven and there will be angels that help you out later.
This mainly. At least in DOOM I'd be happy if they didn't go for any "shades of gray" type of shit in this respect, and just have "heaven" actually be allies. Maybe weak-ish ones because Hell is winning, or ones that don't fully approve of how extreme the Slayer is because they are genuinely serious about their morals but are also serious about helping him anyway, or whatever, but it'd be genuinely boring and disappointing in this context if it was just a lame typical "oh the angels are demons in their own way XD". Would be fine to have them be alien, not in the ET sense but "alien mores" but it should be Justice alien, and at least have a templar type set that you get on with fine.

Given Hell's strength and how it kept consuming more and more it'd be reasonable if Heaven just couldn't offer a lot of help (and kind of necessary from a game perspective obviously) but I hope what help if any is just what it says on the tin.

Attached: demons just right.jpg (1199x1043, 181K)

>Scary angels sounds like weeb stuff.

Attached: 2c5205f58f2f98fa4e60f69793ace8e4.jpg (800x721, 175K)

I hope the enemies are fake angels and there’s one real angel that gives doomguy something akin to the soul cube

Attached: 1560437647579.png (304x524, 97K)

Better be the latter, the JRPG route is such a fucking cliche in modern media that I can't even name one game where the opposite happens.

Doomguy is fighting Angels and shit now because apparently it's humanity's judgement day and they told Doomguy not to interfere because its their time. Of course Doomguy however will just kill twice as hard.

>Cringe-based decision based on fedora tipping autist developers who want to use an uninspired idea of making the good guys bad. Won’t even bother spitting in the direction of this trash.
Are you just assuming they'll be enemies or was that stated? Because if they're enemies yeah that's lame, but it'd be fine if they were a 3rd side.

>Angels were huge assholes in the bible. Stop being triggered and do some research.
Not that user but I'm humanist not a godbotherer fag and I agree "heaven" being "badguys too" would be shit for this particular context. Doom isn't the Bible, though even in the OT I think the Slayer might get on just fine, he's an uncompromising extremist purely about fighting hell. But that's not the point, the point is that in Doom demons are bad. Hell is bad. The goal is to kill every single one of them even if that's impossible because its infinite in which case just kill them forever. It's wonderfully black & white (or at least black and gray because the UAC is the only other group you encounter really but they aren't "good guys"). This isn't a setting that needs "bad angels" and in fact it'd be fucking refreshing if the angels were just good and you keep expecting them to suddenly turn out to be scheming but nope, they just want to destroy all the demons too.

I can't wait for her bossfight

Attached: Ramiel_(NGE).png (960x720, 970K)

Even all the way back in Doom 1 they were rather clear about Hell being where bad people went, so it stands to reason there's a Heaven and corresponding supernatural force up there. Interesting though that they don't seem to be a friendly faction, probably they don't want Doomguy either or they're just as bad in their own right and Doomguy's gonna go True Neutral.

Attached: 1564636276865.png (236x228, 74K)

Why does the art design look so retarded? Where are his legs? Why do the wings look so weird?

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

t.lawfag

>going full DMC4 with demonic shells patterned after angels
Mite b cool

As long as Doomguy himself doesn't actually care about any of that bullshit, monologues are at an absolute minimum or you have to stand around to hear them like you did in '16, and the only text-dumps you get you can read through at your own say-so there's no real problem.

Can't wait to ram my fist into his ass

Attached: 1505437573418.gif (205x223, 1.1M)

Strange Journey really is Japanese DOOM now.

Eh. I guess I could be kind of ok sort of with something like that if it was written so that Heaven wasn't "bad guys" but rather "orthogonal guys and professionally at odds in this one context", like, they are absolutely opposed to Hell and not "bad in their own way" but also think Humanity have been huge faggots (quite true) and think some Judgement would be good for them. And maybe doomguy interferes just there and honorably duels a few to push judgement back a century or something, but on winning there are no hard feelings or "so you've sided AGAINST us!!!" shit, everyone just goes back to fucking up Hell's shit.

I don't think it'd be handled with that subtlety however.

Attached: 1412894815958.jpg (476x477, 47K)

The most popular JRPG series in Japan

Attached: images.jpg (206x216, 14K)

I think if there's any attempt at a subtle issue it'll immediately be followed by the main character punching it in the mouth and pushing it away to get closer to whoever's responsible.

Pirating the game because of that

I wish

Aesthetic as fuck

>I think if there's any attempt at a subtle issue it'll immediately be followed by the main character punching it in the mouth and pushing it away to get closer to whoever's responsible.
I mean, the way I described it isn't "subtle" it's still the Slayer punching/killing his way through things, but with Heaven it'd be solving things as Warriors, still fighting but a different feel then demons. Not edgy, just Knights, and no hard feelings about how won. Slayer wins, Heaven gives humanity some more time, it doesn't interfere with them working together to kill more demons at all.

By "handled with that subtlety" I meant it's more likely it'll be stereotypical ANGELS ARE BAD TOOOOOO AND YOU MUST STOP THEM FIRRST shit.

Never heard of this game, what's it called?

indifferent

That would be based. I like that idea. It makes sense with the Seraph favouring Doomf

>Scary angels sounds like weeb stuff.
Absolute fucking retard, I bet you're a mutt.

Attached: 1550130756598.png (249x251, 36K)

*doomguy

Dragon Quest silly

>demons are just misled and desperate, angels and god are the REAL bad guys
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU

Attached: 1564471832926.png (532x557, 46K)

Right, it'd be those on the same side just having a professional disagreement. Heaven would think Humanity has clearly been giving a bunch of power to a bunch of fucking demon cultists and is now basing their economy around hell energy and shit and that's actually kind of worthy of Judging, like now. While Doomguy would be like "let me fuck up the demons more for a while and save earth and let's see what happens, humanity is still changing quick, a hundred years is nothing in this war". Neither side is wrong really, so they just agree to settle it via some arena fight or whatever. That'd be fair enough. Respect all around to the winner. Either way they go back to fighting hell (if devs really wanted to be awesome they'd genuinely make it EITHER WAY, as-in you could literally lose and Judgement would then happen later on but Doomguy would accept that too and the game would go on and you'd move on to more demon-smiting anyway).

its going to be this won't it, the final battle will be you with "good" demons fighting against angels

Attached: kcy8tzzhpe611.jpg (800x800, 117K)

>>demons are just misled and desperat
>has never fucking happened in doom, won't happen in this doom either, at most it'd be "everything is bad"
Fuck off with your strawmen bullshit /pol/. Also
>posts a meme literally about OT Abrahamic Religion for this
sasuga, you fucking retards never think about fucking anything.

Attached: 1385606741395.jpg (240x240, 45K)

No, worst case is "you kill everything, you have to kill all the 'angels' first to stop them from fucking humans AND then kill all the demons to stop their thing next".

And the problem with that would be that it'd be boring and predictable, not some edgy /pol/shit.

I signed up to kill demons, not angels
Anything else means I'm not even gonna pirate it since I didn't like nu-Doom either

Cool story, cultist.

Having heaven as the bad guys is actually a pretty common trope.

>heaven is bad
>interesting
have you never played a japanese game

>Implying real angels are not aliens.

Apparently these angels are not actually Christian angels but rather a very advance race that gave the sentinels argent energy without telling them it would corrupt them into demons.

"Heaven is bad" depends entirely on why they're bad, considering the Bible depicts them as straight-up monsters with deleterious effects on lower creatures if they don't mask their presence (ie Moses being blinded for a month by a vision of God's back). Doomguy could just think they're fags for letting things get as bad as they have without intervention, or not blasting Samuel Hayden with lightning when he first started foraging into Hell.

>silly
I mean...you cant have a game about demons without mentioning angels or heaven.
the two are kinda directly related like fire and water

>Having heaven as the bad guys is actually a pretty common trope.
Although in fairness there are multiple forms of this. Probably the most lame these days is when they really are pretty equal, "angels secretly corrupt also" or something. That was subversive at one point but nowadays in the 1st world not really, we left behind theocratic dominance a while ago.

The other form dates back to antiquity and is mildly better, it's where rather then "good" and "evil" it's more "order" and "chaos" with humanity needing some of both. Hell may destroy/corrupt/consume everything and cause humans to waste potential on endless "sin", but heaven would also be the end of humanity by making everything eternal and unchanging and no_fun_allowed etc, the end of growth. Or the old idea even in christianity that "I wish to go to heaven, but not yet" because "there is no virtue without temptation".

For doom though and given what hell is there they don't need either of these directly and I hope they use neither.

I hope it goes better than what happened when 343 introduced those precursor??? race in Halo 4.

Hell. Heaven. Doom Slayer cares not about origins, only that they are not of our dimension and must be ripped and torn.

samuel hyden did nothing wrong

Attached: Sam-hyde.jpg (233x267, 15K)

If this angels are really are the Christian kind, then I hope the reason why the angels are enemies of doom guy is because God chose gave him favor over the angels and the angels are jealous.

He is also probably pissed that the angels were doing fuck all about the demons.

Doomguy has an army called the Crusaders, i don't think this game is anti christian like you do

Forerunners, so Angels are the Doom Forerunners in that we need to start putting some holes into them as well?

All they want is reactions and attention.

more like warden eternal jesus fuck

In halo there was a race before the forerunners.

I would be, too.

Hell it sounded like only one angel was trying to hell the doomguy.

He's probably a cousin of that dipshit on /his/, Yea Forums and Yea Forums that thinks the Castlevania Netflix series is anti-Christian.

>and the angels are jealous
No that'd suck and be boring. That'd be a "the angels are just milder demons" thing which as an atheist I don't want in Doom. I want something DIFFERENT. I could see "the angels are completely unironically true to Honor/Justice/Order/Virtue, and respect Doomguy fine, but think humanity has Fallen already while Doomguy thinks they haven't (yet)" working but please no corruption shit ffs.

It's a Bethesda game so not touching it

Doomguy is playing God so the angels are coming to pay retribution.

The Id Software team that works on Doom actually gives a shit considering they had no interest in peddling that Commander Keen bullshit and they don't seem to pretend that the new Wolfenstein games even exist.

The fact that people are actually discussing the possible plot shows how low Doom has fallen.

>In DOOM ETERNAL there will be a NEW SIDE coming...
>the Angels of Heaven will be here...
>BUT... do they have a SECRET...!!
>it's that they're genuine awesome bros who respect and fight to help doomguy and help fix earth, put humans on a virtuous path, and teach them to use some better energy source that eliminates any need for hell energy. humanity reacts by becoming better and swearing to put their all into fighting Hell.
what a tweest!! would play

It goes without saying that literally none of this matters because you'll have to actively look for it in the game itself. Settle down, sperg.

eat shit

>retard talks about shit he doesn't understand
Synagogue of Satan, dumb cunt.

This site has too many mock Christians on it.

If you didn't go to Church last Sunday, don't type this shit.

I'm not going to apologize for your low IQ and an unnecessary all-or-nothing attitude.

Attached: 1562126040992.jpg (262x236, 19K)

What are you on about? Doom isn't jew/christian/muslim.

Doomguy got his powers from angels

From some entity called the Seraphim which we know absolutely nothing about and could even be well above the angels we're fighting. Hell, until Eternal showed off actual angels the Seraphim was understood as an allegory for the player.

>We want the reddit audience

Attached: Soy reddit.png (594x582, 61K)

fuckin zoomer

>we want the Yea Forums audience

Attached: 1549889019868.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Thanks, couldn't remember for the life of me.

I say, in a sense they are this new type of lore/enemy race that feels like OC donut steel brought in by the newbies into an established and respected setting. These kind of things don't go as smooth and natural as expected, lorewise and gameplaywise.

>walks in a straight line to arena spawn room
>demons spawn in, hold right click to bring up my iron sights to shoot
>enemy starts to glow
>i press a button to see something awesome and also become invincible for the duration of the animation while also healing a quarter of my health per F press
>monsters defeated, follow quest arrow to end of straight line hallway
>I did it! Level up and start assigning my skill points
>Ahhh... Doom, just the way I remember it

Really? Is that a thing from Bungie era, or something from novels/343?

I dropped the series after 4.

Are they interesting? Good, bad?

based

In this case it sounds like they're saying that humanity should just kick the bucket because they're a bunch of degenerates and they're not even wrong, it's just that Doomguy doesn't give a shit and wants to save humanity regardless. This makes the angels kind of pissy since this is going against their wishes
It makes sense

No wonder the art-style looked familiar, but wasn't the heaven stuff retconned in later games? Correct me if I am wrong.

>wtf why is this game so easy on the first difficulty i saw
>le epic boomer memes
user...

they're just demons pretending to be angels, why would an angel need technology for wings?

Precisely, I like the idea of there being an honourable disagreement rather than angels bad. It feels too cliche to just have angels bad all the time. Not to mention, there's concept art of Doomslayer clearly leading an army of Knight Crusaders, so I doubt that Heaven will be a complete bad guy if he has an army of religious followers.

That would be fucking retarded and wasn't that supposed to be the plot for Diablo 4?

Attached: Doom Army.jpg (1200x492, 101K)

They look like purified versions of those wraiths from the first game that you had to jab the crucible through their chests to turn loose.

Sounds cool.

Attached: Doomguy is happy while shirtless.png (321x281, 6K)

they could be fallen angels

Attached: [Confused Bongoing].jpg (1200x985, 165K)

Game Sypha:
>trained as a monk
>Serves the Church loyally
>Sent by the church to stop Dracula
Show Sypha:
>heathen Gypsy
>Says she's an enemy of God
>Says she needs to destroy the Church

Game Trevor:
>Church asks him to stop Dracula after Sypha goes missing
>Devout Christian, prays to Jesus before entering Dracula's domain
Show Trevor:
>Militant atheist (like the writer of the show)

Yeah I'm thinking kikeflixvania is anti-Christian

Attached: Trevor praying.gif (256x224, 9K)

I hope the doomguy kicks the very first angel he meets in the nuts and tears its head off as the thing is about to start off on some boring exposition crap. Bonus points if that is what happens when you try and skip the cutscene. To make up for 2016.

Attached: doomleak.jpg (1451x110, 112K)

>do one bad thing to doomguy
>he kills you
>he traverses three realities to kill you again

Persistence is a virtue

How did you know?
Mirror of Glory best cult

>none of that matters because they do god's work by casting demons into the pit
lmao got 'em

Wasn't it some fucking poo-in-loo directing this trainwreck?

demon_kissing_bishop.webm

This game is going to be mediocre as fuck and only sell because there's going to be no other decent shooters.

Directing the DMC series that was announced as well, and considering how well Romania/Transylvania was researched and Castlevania's good action (when it actually had an action scene) I think it's in good hands. Only real problem was it rambled on with vampire politics far too frequently in the second season and it often went nowhere because the only players were the viking, Carmilla and uninterested Dracula.

They were mentioned in Doom 2016. The voice speaking to you at the beginning of the game is probably the seraphim.

Why didn't they just use heaven's energy for power? God is all about helping humanity thrive.

They're all aliens. Demons are aliens, god and satan are fucking aliens. They aren't from our dimensional plane, they are aliens. More news at 11.

Hell's probably a lot easier to access, or wants to be accessed since it's not the first time they've taken over a dimension from the inside and added it to Hell

"Alien" in the strict definition of not being earthly creatures, stop being pedantic.

How the hell does a robot have a soul

Yes, they aren't even from our Earth. Hardly pedantic, it's true!

He's not a full robot, he has the brain and soul of a guy in him.

You and I both know when Doom tries to write off demons as being aliens they mean "extraterrestrial", not "foreign" or "multidimensional/higher". Remove the cock from your mouth.

Attached: 1533288753151.jpg (907x907, 36K)

Hayden is the portion of his brain that governed his original personality dumped into a robotic body along with a lot of mental cybernetics to boost himself well beyond genius IQ, he could go into and out of Hell freely (something only Doomguy can do otherwise) because he's 99% machine.

Showrunner is the same pajeet that sperged out about Apu being racist

Attached: Pajeet.jpg (467x455, 29K)

They're just aliens.

Is DOOMGUY gonna kick God’s ass Asura’s Wrath style

What did I say about the cock and your mouth, user.

Attached: 1539872296903.jpg (216x177, 17K)

Game play wise I only care about how good they are as enemies to kill.

Lore wise I'm honestly kinda bored of this cliche, JRPGs just use it as a way to create diversity of enemies without having to actually work their way through designing new enemies for an existing faction.

At this point keeping the angels good is original, fuck it the one game in which keeping the angels bad actually worked was Stella Glow because they used the Angels as messengers of a reality bending artificial intelligence whose purpose was continuous culling of the human population.

I just really hope Doom eternal doesn't go full JRPG with heaven bad shit it's so fucking stereotype at this point.

They're aliens that don't need technology, because they have magic.

Attached: 1562984070241s.jpg (119x125, 3K)

As long as they make them sufficiently alien, and not just people with wings.
You know, as bizarre or unsettling as the actual descriptions of angels used to be.

>heaven is pissed at humanity for using argent energy which probably opened portals to hell
>heaven allows demons in invade freely as punishment
>Doomguy shows up, killing demons and denying the punishment
>this causes heaven to intervene
>Doomguy finds Samuel Hayden who admits that he was wrong about argent energy and has a plan to stop both heaven and hell
Something along those lines.

I'd sooner beat Samuel's head in since he has a rampaging hero complex and he'll probably wing things around to try and make himself God or some shit.

Attached: 1542890161938.gif (185x198, 68K)

An angel granted Slayer his power

Advanced technology might as well be magic

we bayonetta now

Attached: bayo gun control.jpg (593x612, 31K)

Hell is a chaotic nightmare
Heaven is an excessively orderly nightmare

Satan is an asshole who likes to torture

God is an asshole who likes to coerce people into worship

Heaven is just your soul chanting "Holy, holy, holy...." forever in a perfect queue.

Angels are smug elitist fuckfaces that are not and never were humans. Just the few beings that god gave eternal free will too and they love lording that shit over humans. So because they are such fucking insufferable douche bags you don't mind blasting them.

Attached: e2e.jpg (420x480, 32K)

more like Zoom Eternal

i think that depends largely on the demons. in doom's case, sure, the demons are pretty generic. but in series with more specialized demons like hellraiser including angels is dumb, since the "demons" were something completely alien, and then there was the "demons to some, angels to others".

If you're gonna kill them, I hope that once the body is obliterated, there's a tiny angel soul left that just sulks off back to heaven in defeat.

>there's a tiny angel soul left that just sulks off back to heaven in defeat.
Lol, that would be perfect

>Angels are evil
>Demons are evil
>AI is evil
>Humans are evil
>The only good in the universe is Doomguy

So what are people pissed about again?

Sounds neat

I mean if we’re being technical Demons are just fallen angels.

Right there is so much creative potential in this so I'll be really disappointed if it's just the same as demons except "LIGHT demons". Like
>you pursue Hayden right back to heaven
>Angels can't actually be killed at all, just not a thing, their physical manifestations can be temporarily blown up but they respawn after a bit and they aren't even mad just doing their jobs
>So Doomguy is just getting them out of his way to get to Hayden
>finally does and does soul kill Hayden
>God: "alright fine you've had your score now OUT and back to business"
>boots you straight back to hell
>you land right in the middle of a bunch of demons so hard you kill a few dozen of them from the impact

>game has reveal trailer
>"earth is the melting pot of the galaxy"
>"please use the term mortally challenged"
>leftists get upset that the game pokes some fun at PC culture
>right leaning people go "hell yeah, this is based!"
>some guy reveals that Doom guy will now fight angels
>right leaning people now hate it

Imagine being this much of a temperamental retard.

Now i am sad this won't happen

One is out of character and breaks the lore

>One is out of character
How?
>breaks the lore
How again ? this is the 2nd time they are mentioned at all

R*ghtoids are so easily triggered it's kind of sad

Do you shoot em?

What do you expect they're literally the mirror images of what they obsess over. All the thin skinned wacko lefties they whine about are real, but the whiners are generally thin skinned wacko righties in turn. Normal people don't go hunting for things to be mad about in the first place. They hate each other so much precisely because they see so much of themselves in each other. It can't be helped.

At least I don't get upset when someone calls me by my given name.

Attached: 1554844357155.jpg (1920x1221, 371K)

Are people that hump trans "living dilaters"?

>everyone I don't like is a tranny
How pathetic. I'd tell you to have sex but let's be honest, that's not going to happen

Guaranteed going to be looked back on as a poor choice.

>breaks the lore

Not at all. We have no idea if the angles will just be constructs of Hayden (similar to DMC4) or if they're be a rouge group of angles or something.

Doom guy is pure human. Heaven serves him, not the other way around.

Sorry Doom won't cater to your cuck fetishes.

>le both sides are da saem!!!!
Only brainlets think this. If they were largely the same there wouldn't be such a huge disparity in their sizes. Not to mention
>believing in left-right dichotomy
Top jej

>somehow saying it's going to be looked back on as a poor choice means I think the opposite of whatever the fuck your retarded point just was
You dumb gorilla monkey nigger. In 5 years the majority of people will say "Doom Eternal's choice to include angels as enemies was dumb because-" and then whatever reason they personally think. It's not a good decision with regards to anything about the game. It doesn't match lore, it makes the marketing muddier, the enemy designs clash visually with the rest of the game, it's clearly trying to be outrage pandering but nobody can actually decide whether or not to be outraged, I could go on. It's a fucking stupid idea and your peabrain would realize that if you weren't stupider than a starving nigger child eating mosquito burgers in the asscrack of Africa. Fuck you.

Can't wait to pluck the wings off of these faggots
youtu.be/wkv5b66Qr-U

>It doesn't match lore
Why not? Humans shouldn't have been fucking around with Hell, and are now being punished for it. Doomguy is going to save humanity no matter the cost.

Sandy Peterson worked on Doom because he was a Christian and wanted to kill demons

>One is out of character and breaks the lore
How the fuck do people care about the lore of Doom
The game that barely has a story

>lore says nothing about god or heaven
>hell is not the biblical hell, it's another dimension filled with weird aliens that vaguely resemble demons from artwork
>lore heavily implies that there's a bunch of different worlds and some wibbly wobbly timey wimey bullshit is going on
Your fucking stupid headcanon is not what's in those games you dipshit. If you want to jerk off to something more your speed, go read the salvation war.

Angels will just be another alien stuff genius

>>lore says nothing about god or heaven
It's never been encountered. Its existence does not contradict anything that has previously been established.
>>hell is not the biblical hell, it's another dimension filled with weird aliens that vaguely resemble demons from artwork
But Heaven can't be the same?
>>lore heavily implies that there's a bunch of different worlds and some wibbly wobbly timey wimey bullshit is going on
And this says Heaven can't exist because why?

Good, then you just have to address
>doesn't match artstyle
>fucks up marketing
>clearing trying to bait someone but message isn't coherent enough to be effective
You fucking dumb cunt.
Hang yourself.

>doesn't match artstyle
What artstyle ? they being robotic goes matches the artstyle
>fucks up marketing
?
>clearing trying to bait someone but message isn't coherent enough to be effective
>clearly trying to bait
They just want to use angels

They're just demons during pride week

You should demonstrate, since you're the one so fixated on the story for a game famously lacking story.

uuuh u mad?

No, the Goddess Rubiss is an actual thing and she talks to you in various games. She seems to be present in all of the worlds too, so she's on a multiverse scale.

This is perfect. I'd like to imagine that he tries to explain himself at the start and Doomguy just grabs his torso from trailer and smashes it into the ground

I like this idea, and I believe there are some games and other media that have this take on magic?

It worked in Diablo and Bayonetta, pretty much the only way they could go.

I hope they don't pull the obvious "hurr dur angels are just as bad as demons lol" it's overdone in games. Are there any games where the angels are the good guys? I can't think of any good ones.

that's Saumel Hayden and "Heaven" is his twisted version of it.

What does Yea Forums think of this trustworthy robot and his role in Nu DOOM?

Attached: Sam.jpg (540x502, 46K)

Gonna beat his head in with a pipe-wrench

Doom Guy used to be heroic. He got into trouble because he didn't fire on civilians. Somehow Brutal Doom took over the fanbase and the whole series was perverted. Ha ha, remember the comic, though? Doom Guy love gun! He love shooting!

Based as fuck

>Doom Guy used to be heroic
He literally saves VEGA despite not needing, also destroys all that shit Hayden made so no more hell shit(at least till Hayden steals the sword thing from him)

Not bending to some faggot angels is the heroic thing to do

Just when you think nu-Doom can't get more cringe it proves you wrong

Adding angels ruined Supernatural

>non-verbal clues to doomguy's personality are genuinely too subtle for people that complain about doom '16

fake news.

the sentinels weren't corrupted into demons but it did corrupt their land and act as a beacon to the demons