Say something nice about all the 8th gen consoles

I'll start:
>I love being able to play 3 gens of gaming in one system with enchanced graphics thanks to the Xbox one
>Sony did an amazing job getting high quality exclusive games for the PS4 making it a great system
>Nintendo's franchises never dissapoint with their quality and fun factor and now you can take them everywhere you go

Attached: 8gen and a half.jpg (900x500, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18409859
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Switch isn't in the same gen as PS4/X1. it's a gen ahead. Remember the WiiU?

>Sony did an amazing job getting high quality exclusive games for the PS4 making it a great system

Attached: 1563450008666.gif (640x358, 1.9M)

Nintendo doesn't decide when the gens start and end. It's their own fault for fucking up and releasing Switch at the tail end of 8th gen.

that is why i called the image 8 gen and a half

Attached: smart nigger.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Xbox One has some gems in the rough.

it literally has no exclusives

it's a real shame it is never going to be finished

Attached: D4.jpg (215x294, 60K)

I honestly can't. I stopped at 7th gen because that was shit and 8th gen has nothing to offer. 9th gen might be promising, but I doubt it.

did you quit gaming or you just went retro?

>Bloodborne/Gravity Rush 2 are cool
>Twilight Princess HD/Fatal Frame 5 are cool
>No comment on Xbone

I quit gaming around 2012. Took a long break from it. Never bought or did anything gaming related until around late 2017 when I started playing old PSone games I had. Since then I've gone back into gaming, but it's all retro for me. There's only a handful of games I would play from 8th gen, but it's not enough to get me to buy a console. Hopefully 9th gen gets backwards compatibility.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (500x469, 39K)

>Switch is fun to play when traveling
>PS4 has Gravity Rush on it
>XB1 is a nice UHD Blu Ray player

I love that Xbox is pushing to bring pso2 to the west and not make it exclusive.
I love the push Sony has made making amazing single player experiences. And it let me play the best jrpg in decades, persona 5. I love that nintendo is pushing JRPGs more into the spotlight. Can't wait to get my copy of collection of Mana.

>Xbone gives me free laughs in how failed of a console it is
>Switch Digital Foundry videos also give me free laughs
>PS4 should be thanked for giving me all those multiplats I can just pirate on PC for free

so why have both sony and ms opted for featureless black boxes as their designs?

>>Sony did an amazing job getting high quality exclusive games for the PS4 making it a great system

100M
2.13M < 3.2M

all 3 are black boxes tho, but some come in different colors and have special editions

Cry all you want but Bloodborne is the best game of this gen and it was made by Sony bucks and partly by Sony studios. Nintendo hasn't made a game of that calibre and quality in decades.

OP here, why you faggots have to be like this all the time? This is supposed to be a positive thread damn it, there are like other 150 threads for saying angry shit

Attached: 1555530267225.png (970x542, 257K)

It's almost like depressed people are more angry or something.

Sony makes fantastic movies.
Nintendo makes great toys for children.
Xbox is worldclass in paperweight manufacture.

What were you expecting from a board that gets actual, literal validation from what fucking machine they use to play children's entertainment on? These people ACTUALLY believe that your device of choice represents your political stance, sexuality, race, and country. Good day.

Nintendo's exclusives are by far the best this gen has to offer. Nintendo makes fun damn games, simple as that. The Switch is also a god tier console when it's hacked.
PS4 is alright, their games have cool stories and I like the Dualshock 4.
Xbox is warming up to Nintendo, which is good. That's literally all the good stuff I have to say about it.

bloodborne is the only good exclusive on ps4

you too have a nice day user

Attached: 1560996205662.jpg (480x522, 19K)

worst gen ever
>now everyone charges for playing online
>handhelds are dead, all we get are nintendo's abominations that will never fit in your pocket and have shit battery life
>GaaS everywhere
>PC market divided and full of scammers
>thanks to SJWs, whether a game has the "proper" political stance matters more than gameplay or how entertaining it is
>heavily DRM'd digital distribution finally won
>shit quality development: games look like from the PS2 era but they ramp up the shaders and call it a day, bugs, a million unused resources/libraries go into the download package anyway because they can't program efficiently, etc
>games several years in the making that come out unfinished anyway are now commonplace
>microtransactions, pay-to-win, and all that shit are stronger by the day
>do you not have phones?
just fuckin kill the industry already, you seem so eager to do it anyway

Attached: holyfuckinSHIT.gif (640x360, 1.2M)

No one on this board actually likes games, they just like shitting on whichever platform(s) they don't own and act like their taste is the objective truth that should be adopted by everyone. You will find better video game discussions on Yea Forums than here.

>I honestly can't. I stopped at 7th gen because that was shit and 8th gen has nothing to offer. 9th gen might be promising, but I doubt it.
Same. I seriously doubt 9th gen will get better. The writing is on the wall.

I've been contemplating getting a PS2 lately. I got a stack of PS1 and PS2 games lying around. It would be nice to able to play them from time to time.

Bloodborne is the best game to come out this generation, but it is far from the only good game on PS4.
>Gravity Rush 2
>Odin Sphere remaster
>Persona 5 R
>KH HD collection
>HZD
>The Last Guardian
>SotC HD
>Dreams is fucking amazing even if it is only on Early Access
>God of War
>Spiderman

>shit, our fifa machine has no games
>better cope by posting how much money we give to our overlord for literally nothing

Attached: 1540710218565.png (496x380, 143K)

Snoy deserves all the hate it gets for actively making gaming worse

Only good games on that list are Gravity Rush, Persona and God of War. The rest are shitty ports, remasters or underwhelming and generic open world shit.

Based, and dare I say, Redpilled?

Attached: 1562630171700.jpg (850x1233, 366K)

There's modded PS2's on ebay with a terrabyte of PS2 roms in them. You might want to look at that.

>God of War
>good
I guess getting 2 out of 3 right isn't so bad

>>Gravity Rush 2
I played the first game on Vita, and it sucked balls with really boring mechanics (especially in combat) and nonexistent level design. I presumed the 2nd was no better, please correct if wrong.
>>Odin Sphere remaster
Pirated this on PS3, got real fuckin boring real fuckin fast. Vanillaware is a one trick pony, the first game you play is the only one you like because they don't have any longevity and don't have any appeal beyond the admittedly excellent art style.
>>Persona 5 R
Pirated this on PS3, Garbage, the pacing is absolutely abysmal and it ruins any potential fun there is in the game when every minute of gameplay is followed by a million cutscenes. Give me any of Atlus's 3DS games instead.
>>KH HD collection
Ports. The only reason to go for these over the PS3 versions is because they run at 60fps.
>>HZD
Admittedly this one looks like it has potential. I'm only a few hours in, it looks like it may become a generic sandbox but it's definitely presented well and the mechanics seem solid so far.
>>The Last Guardian
Buggy trash that runs like garbage.
>>SotC HD
A graphics-only remake that forgets to have artistic direction as good as the game it's remaking. A waste.
>>Dreams is fucking amazing even if it is only on Early Access
>>God of War
>>Spiderman
haven't played much of these three. haven't even heard of the first one, the other two just look like shit. Maybe I'll pick them up at discount prices down the line.

I emphatically disagree, but whatever. Never mind the huge 3rd party support Sony has always had. Before the beginning of the Summer I really didn't play my Switch too often, I was too busy playing KH3, REmake2, DMCV, and Sekiro, which is my GOTY, but Mario Maker 2 and Smash have given me a reason to pick it up again. Though I fear I will put down DQXIS when Death Stranding releases.

But all of those games are multi-platform.

>shit, our fifa machine has no games
>BUT ALL OF THE PS4'S GAMES WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH!!!

Attached: 1546204426201.jpg (1183x817, 119K)

>it sucked balls
Kat sucks my balls

Attached: 1519886855374.png (1065x644, 115K)

I liked GoW in short bursts. The game was extremely repetitive and easy but the high production values kept me going for an hour or two a day.

>KH3, REmake2, DMCV, and Sekiro
>on a Switch

Attached: 1562545011444.jpg (1311x984, 126K)

I like Sony's first party games; I had a lot of fun on LittleBigPlanet back in the day.

Switch is alright, I guess. Wasn't really much of a Nintendo fan.

I like Xbox One controllers. I refuse to buy an Xbox One because the Xbox support team are assholes.

>Say something nice about all the 8th gen consoles
Thanks for betatesting.

Attached: TPB_lives_forever.png (566x469, 100K)

It's funnier when you remember Sony's gaming division only exists because Nintendo were absolute cunts and fucked Sony over on a deal to help them make a disc based system.

>Nintendo asks Sony to help make a disc system
>Sony agrees
>Design and production is going well
>At the last second, Nintendo publicly announces they're making a cartridge system with Philips instead
>So Sony has to make a game console with the leftover shit otherwise all the time and money Nintendo tricked them into wasting would be for nothing
>Sony responds by making a system competitive with the N64, then completely fucking steamrolls Nintendo every generation from PS2 on

It's fucking beautiful.

I know, which is why I said 3rd party. I played them on my PS4.
Sure, I'm sure you played all of those games. No amount of recommendation can cure shit taste, my friend. Learn to live with the pain.

>8th generation consoles
>Switch
Wii U was Nintendo's 8th generation console

My country blocked the site and all of the proxies are extremely shit. They literally warn you on the front page that you're getting a bitcoin miner if you don't have some form of adblock.

>Y-you just didn't play them!
Pathetic.

Ya Nintendo is fuckin weird

Well, DID you play them?

I'm not a Nintendo fan, but after hearing how Sony planned to gain significant control over Nintendo's IPs I'd say Nintendo made the right choice to back out. Sony steamrolling them was partially sheer luck, because they attracted some talented studios to work for them.

>Sega doesn't decide when the gens start and end. It's their own fault for fucking up and releasing Dreamcast at the tail end of 5th gen.
Cool, so Dreamcast is 5th gen, then.

Wii U was their 8th generation console and was supported for over four years, longer than the original Xbox. Switch came next, it is their next-generation console. Hardware power is irrelevant, release date is irrelevant relative to competitors. Generations have always had staggered console releases, they don't all release in the same year, this is nothing new.

Sony wanted too much money just for having made the disc tech

I gave my experience with each of them. Most of them I played, a couple I didn't, the ones I did I provided specific criticisms towards.

That's right. You're single sentence "descriptions" of each one are more than enough to prove you don't know shit. I get it, you're a drone that can't go against Yea Forums culture, you need to hate Snoy to fit in because you started browsing last year. It happens.

Attached: u.png (1066x600, 276K)

Xbone did a good job at tricking retards out of their money
Shitch did a good job at tricking retards out of their money
Sony did a good job creating single player AAA and AA games for its userbase to enjoy

N64 was not a well-designed console and wasn't an attractive platform to develop for as a result. Carts were expensive and the hardware wasn't easy to work with.

Don't forget basically full control over Nintendo's IPs.

Sure going back on a deal is scummy, but no sane business would ever agree to a deal that fucking ridiculous.

The N64 was perfectly well designed, ahead of its time even, Nintendo being stuck up their own ass and preventing developers from writing custom microcode was the main problem with it.

It was not perfectly well designed.

>I know, which is why I said 3rd party. I played them on my PS4.

Not that user, but mate, with all due respect, much of that stuff is fluff. I can practically get half of those games on the PS3. Persona 5 R is just added content which isn't very significant.

Then you can articulate what was poor about it's design, yes?

It's the best game of this gen like I said.

>Yea Forums still acts autistic over arbitrary gen cutoffs invented by Wikipedia hacks.
Who gives a shit if the Wii U was 8th gen or 7th gen? The shit was barely as powerful as a Xbox 360 and it was supposed to be competing. They tried the same blue ocean strategy as the Wii by releasing an underpowered system with a gimmicky controller, except nobody gave a shit about the Wii U's tablet controller. What's the point of having a tablet you can't take with you? The Switch is basically what the Wii U should've been, although it ultimately ended up cannibalizing their 3DS sales and now they're just a one console manufacturer like Sony and Microsoft.

>Nintendo makes a deal with Sony
>Sony announces the deal in the tradeshow
>IMMEDIATELY the day after Nintendo announces the same deal but with rival Phillips

If they wanted a better deal they should've negotiated better.

Cool blog. Where do I subscribe?

>Xbone did a good job at tricking retards out of their money
>Shitch did a good job at tricking retards out of their money
>Sony did a good job at tricking retards out of their money

FTFY

I already did

>Harder to develop for than the competition
>Used carts, which were a lot more expensive than discs

N64 only had 388 games developed for it.

I guess it just comes down to whether or not one game is worth $200.

imagine coming to a video game board and not wanting to discuss video games

As is the stuff you, and everyone here, plays. I don't care about your opinion, as I'm sure you don't care about mine.

>I can practically get half of those games on the PS3.
you mean worse versions with worse graphics and less content? congrats

Wii is 7th gen

Wii U is 8th gen

Switch is 9th gen

Why is this a problem?

You know what I’ll go do that.
Hell I think I’ve had better game discussion in a Yea Forums rekt thread

What’s the best console of all time Yea Forums?
strawpoll.me/18409859

so... the exact same treatment nintendo gave to third parties with their cartridges, then? talk about hypocrisy.

>The Switch is cool on the go
>The Xbox one X is a powerhouse
>The PS4 has the best controller

multiplat doesn't mean every platform, brainlet

>steamrolls Nintendo every generation from PS2 on
yeah, let's just pretend the wii and ps3 never happened

Yeah, Nintendies would certainly like that.

being able to play ps2 ports at 60fps instead of 30fps is not a compelling reason to buy a console
doesn't pcsx2 have 60fps hacks any way?

>thinks the PS4 has any games
You're one of the retards that got tricked out of their money, congratz

>you mean worse versions with worse graphics and less content? congrats
I don't see how I'm really losing content on any of those multiplatform titles aside from perhaps the minor additions to Persona 5. But, hey if graphics are really that important to you, more than anything else then that's great for you.

>The PS4 has the best controller

Attached: 1559087463725.png (700x750, 663K)

he's right you know

Right as in completely wrong to the point the stickless PS1 controller was better

>I guess it just comes down to whether or not one game is worth $200.
Sure no single game is worth a console purchase but you have to give it to Sony; They did fund and partially develop the best game of this gen. Nothing can take that away from them. Unless Death Stranding/Elden Ring turn out even better which I doubt.

Attached: 1463241762568.jpg (1369x2500, 2.84M)

>He says the PS4 has no games and you respond with sales numbers of consoles
Seriously nigger, did you purposely prove him right?

102M

Attached: 1467803477491.jpg (311x162, 11K)

>the last guardian

Attached: A7ADA5EE-D89E-408C-8C4E-CB29C3D674DB.jpg (750x814, 44K)

The funnier part is that after the Philips reveal, Nintendo still tried to negotiate with Sony trying to stall them as much as possible. Nintendo was shitting bricks the moment Sony was taking its gloves off, they were fucked.

They did it the gen before. Demon's Souls was the turning point for the PS3 - about 2009ish the console was able to break out of its slump and deliver some good exclusives, with third parties pitching in too. I just wish that happened this time.

cringe

It's facts. Nintendo tried the lowest tactics possible to stall Sony as much as possible and it just further angered Sony bosses.

Is a an amazing game and easily the most pathos-provoking game of Team ICO.

Wii was Nintendo's second 6th gen console.
The Wii U was their actual 7th gen console
The Switch is the successor to the Nintendo 3DS.

I have a lot of free time to devote to actual interests and hobbies since there aren't any games to play

the colors are correct. That's about it.

the cringe part is you acting like a kid talking about how his daddy is going to beat up the bully's daddy

Get your history right revisionist.
Everyone knows Sony tired to rape Nintendo by asking for 40% ownership of all their IPs.
It was a shit deal because they wanted them to back out.