Is he right?

is he right?

Attached: v.png (209x223, 48K)

It's artificial difficulty: the game

Game is fairly RNG, but you have plenty of ways to mitigate it. Being extra cautious and trying to mitigate every little risk is boring and makes the game last ten times longer. If you don't get fed up with that slow methodical playstyle, you'll succeed eventually. If you get bored, you take risks and eventually take losses. Harsh penalties either completely ruing your game or set you back a few hours.

So it's hard similarly to how XCOM and Dark Souls are hard. Painfully slow and steady wins the game. Although in the case of Dark Souls it's at least an action game where your only punishment is getting sent back to the last checkpoint and losing souls, rather than potentially losing an entire fucking campaign in the case of XCOM, or a few hours of grinding in the case of DD.

well, if you pick Leper it is hard indeed.
that nigga always misses and is a second rate crusader. the only upside is that can take a lot of hits and handles stress better than others. but then I might as well pick a Flagellant to get smacked.

Attached: gud.jpg (1920x1080, 498K)

Really? Leper works fine on my machine.

Well yes because of the RNG bullshit

see

K, I'll grind for 20 hours to get all my heros to 6 then all of a sudden rape ass.

i thought dark souls is the hardest game ever made, wtf

It's the dark souls of dungeons

>Get a team to lv.6
>Clear the first of the DD
>Try to bring them into the next one.
>"LOL I'm not going in, nigga, go train another team"

Attached: cirno_speechless.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Darkest Dungeon is formulaic. If you don't know how to approach it it will seem impossible. Once you know the formula you literally don't lose to anything aside from extreme unlucky RNG.

it's like a really polished flash game

>I can't manage risks correctly and I don't know how to stack buff percentages: the post

What's the formula? Every time I pick up this game I can never tell if I'm getting closer to the end goal. It seems like half the time my units don't even get better, just worse.

>Leper
>hard
Leper has been busted ever since the start of the game, he even got a corpse clear (that he didn't need) when they added corpses just because his autistic fanbase screeched bloody murder about their frontline "strategy" being ruined. The only difficulty in playing Leper is getting him to rank 5.

No, it's not that hard. Anyone who isn't completely braindead and can read what abilities do can beat Darkest Dungeon.
It is unfinished, though, I find it strange that people champion it as a case of early access/indie done right when it should've spent another year or two on the drawing board.

DD follow the concept of old games where you have to keep failing to learn stuff. Trial and error all the way up to the end, once you learn these then it's very easy.

It can feel that way because dungeons "scale" (in a sense) with your heroes' levels, but if you're always keeping them topped up on skill levels and weapons and armour you should notice a difference. That said the game isn't really RPG-like in the sense that you can just power level and steamroll everything.

The formula varies depending on where you're going. But just bringing the right heroes to the right places is the simple way to say it. Bringing whatever you have lying around is a good way to die. But if you bring people who are good at dealing with specific issues that only happen in specific zones, you'll have a considerably easier time.

Depends of the meaning of the word for you. It's not actually hard per se. You just need patience and grind. Repeat, learn, try again, repeat, learn, try again and repeat until you win. And do the same the next time.

>always have a healer and someone who can lower stress
>have a decent mix of ranged damage, front damage, DoT and stun/position shifting
>deal with the stress inducing enemies first
>read up about curios then stop using the one that suck (e.g. books)
>know the weaknesses of the areas/enemies and plan ahead, e. g. don't bring someone with bleed damage to fight skeletons
>don't overprepare, buy only what you really need
>heal illnesses and lock in positive traits, reduce stress while in town
>minmax the fuck out of trinkets
>know when to back out, it's not worth it to keep on going only to lose high lvl characters and valuable trinkets

you're now better than anyone who complains about RNG being an issue

Attached: 374.jpg (500x375, 31K)

Like any RNG game you need to abuse its mechanics because if you ever decide to play fairly and according to "balance", long term it will fuck you up.