Kill la Kill:IF

Kill la Kill:IF is a fucking fantastic game with a ton of mechanical depth and potential for yomi.
The roster is light (10 characters, 12 when Mako and DTR release) but each character is completely unique and every matchup is wildly different from the last.

Meter management is unique and it's clear a lot of thought went into it. Meter builds quickly, but using meter for EX/super/combo breaker locks the meter gain behind a timer. This makes for a good cost-benefit analysis of breaking a combo vs eating the damage and saving your meter/gain.

The rock-paper-scissors system serves two functions:
-The individual RPS match provides one of three benefits to the attacker (a heal, more meter, or some extra damage tacked on), making for an interesting mindgame instead of just dumb luck
-Each round an attacker wins or ties gives them a point of Valor up to 3. One valor gives the character a unique boost which is always strong but sometimes essential (Gama needs that valor 1), two valor powers up one of the characters supers, and three valor provides automatic meter regen and an instant kill move at full meter

Tell me what character/matchup you want to know about and I'll tell you what you need to know.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/idatan
clips.twitch.tv/AggressivePhilanthropicChamoisUWot
youtube.com/watch?v=hqYlGwm2HMw
youtube.com/watch?v=M6dorIAYthE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's literally a dumpster 3d anime arena fighter that will forgotten in a month. These games are just made for a quick buck like the rest of em

yeah in theory it actually does feel like it would be good if i could GET A FUCKING MATCH FOR FUCKS SAKE
literally got ONE (1) match in an hour or more of attempts and then had a 2 minute match (confirmed to myself that beating 3star com enemies does not make me any good lel) and then as soon as it was done it was back to hanging or failed connection attempts

>if i could GET A FUCKING MATCH FOR FUCKS SAKE
It's definitely hard to find matches at non-peak hours or on Switch/PC, mainly because most people see "Anime Arena Fighter" and immediately think it's It's such a shame because this game really is miles above crap like Naruto UNS or Hero Aca One's Justice

It's even getting quick and thoughtful patches by the devs. They patched Nui's timer scam less than 24 hours after it was found. They patched out a few loops, gave struggling characters buffs, and even fixed a super obscure bug in COVERS challenge in a matter of days.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Anyone wanna go some rounds on PS4

I'm gonna set up a lobby

twitch.tv/idatan

Attached: 1564017231781.gif (800x450, 2.12M)

on switch these updates are nothing more than fanciful fable, people have been trying to manually fetch the patches but there are none, its still on the unpatched version

It's shit, senpai.
Animated really well, voiced by original cast... And then the combo system is just... Not there... Shame!

did they patch the pc version yet?

>I am bad at the vidya gaem
Mike plz go back to IGN and stay there

Attached: -hZ2duqp_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Is the switch version really that unsupported/empty online? I was gonna get it when the price dropped a little but that's disheartening. I acknowledge it runs better on ps4, but I wanna be able to sometimes take it over to a friend's place easily

Lobby is up

Switch version seems like it'd be great for portable local play, but all games on Switch struggle with online

I'm playing with someone today and I don't get Break Attacks. They're Unblockable, right? So I expect them to be universally counterable and according to google, you're meant to do so with your standard combo attacks. On multiple occasions though they've seemed to just have a shit ton of super armor, which I would have though defeats the whole point? A lot of them are way too fast to react to (some of Dual Ryukos, for example).

Am I missing something?

How good is my main, Sanageyama?

Guard breaks are unblockable, yes, but every character has a unique moveset and that includes their guard breakers.

Ryuko has some armor on some of her guard breakers like her dashing guard break. Dual Satsuki has armore on her dashing guard break as well. Sanageyama has lots of armor on his raw standing guard break and air guard break. Bakuzan Satsuki's raw guard break must be backstepped or jumped instead of sidestepped. Every matchup is different and building matchup knowledge is important to getting better.

Broken. You can infinite combo with hmm

bump

lol no

Sana is mid-tier but very easy to use and will dominate low and mid ranks without tons of effort. He has lots of armored moves and long reach so he's very mash-friendly.

He also has gaps in his strings that can be exploited hard, no real long-range option, and a lot of his damage is locked behind counterhits.

Pick Ragyo

who is this semen demon

Are there consistent ways to combo into Gamagoori's lvl2 long range super? Besides using it when you're at like 180+%

clips.twitch.tv/AggressivePhilanthropicChamoisUWot

Surely unblockables that have super armor defeats the point of unblockables being counterable by normal attacks?

>The $60 regret face

Attached: 3wMT37c.png (472x276, 165K)

The point is they're counterable by *something. Some you can interrupt, others you have to dodge. Doesn't seem so weird to me

They're not always counterable by normal attacks, the game's not as simple as an attack/block/break triangle.

did anyone kill nigger LTG yet?

Attached: 1544153837130.png (540x500, 271K)

right now its looking like only PS4 is actually getting real support while switch and pc can get fucked apparently. wish i already had a ps4 so that i could have gotten it for that instead, not getting any of the patches that are announced and shit matchmaking (cant even get to complain about lag with how terrible it is to even get into a match at all) are kind of a fuckin bummer. really hopin that asw somehow makes a turnaround soon, i am one of the people who actually wants to fuckin play and asw right now is basically "lol no"

God damn this game is so much fucking fun
Gamagoori is so much fucking fun

:(

Game is shit

Attached: no_u.jpg (491x398, 146K)

I still have my collector's edition sitting here in the shrink wrap. Had fun with the demo, but not really sure if the full version has that much more content. Should I just flip it, or keep it? Anyone know when Mako and DTR get added?

Attached: S1sh6IG.gif (426x318, 240K)

What is yomi/?

It means "reading the mind of the opponent"
It's another way to say the game is full of mindgames.

Rumor is that Mako is out this weekend for Evo
I fucking love the game but if you only care about the story just flip it and get it again on sale later. The meat and potatoes of this game is the PvP.

Give it to me, I'll give you $1

if PS4, you may find that the actually working and existent pvp with real patches is surprisingly a lot of fun. if literally anything else then you can get fucked, according to arcsys and the fact that they're pretending to update the others as well but are lmaoing at the lives of anyone who got a non ps4 version

1.02 is on PC yeah but the issues with the port probably won't be fixed until EVO ends.

thanks

Attached: 12783354150227.png (261x312, 36K)

keep it, if you love the series and had fun with the demo, just keep it.

Apparently PC got patched so it's just fuck Nintendo
And that's probably more to do with Nintendo QA dragging their feet than ASW or A+ not patching that version

how do i become not scrub with Nonon and Nui?

Pokken literally does everything you said, but at least 5x better, and also isn't cringy as fuck.

Yeah but consider this: I dont like pokemon

Attached: EAraUn5UEAc5w_H.jpg (435x580, 40K)

>Pokken
You mean the game that everyone dropped because the first real tournament showed how absolutely fucking broken the game was?

>Pokken
Look I enjoyed using Darkrai and Aegislash but that game has a bizzare combat loop for an arena fighter considering the phase shift system. Very few people talk about it anymore anyway, I'll give you credit for at least trying to use a good game to downtalk this but that doesn't make this a bad game. KLK IF has an EVO sidepool (probably bought by ArcSys), so we'll see just how much depth it has in the hands of more skilled players in a few days.

Attached: 1558399709982.gif (430x270, 160K)

Pokken was fucking horribly balanced what are you talking about

Does shilling pay enough to be worth doing stuff like this? I find it hard to believe that it does but maybe I'm wrong

>ASW paying for shills
You went full retard

That's literally what they're doing at EVO though, isn't it?

>ASW is poor meme
After DBFZ this shouldn't even be a thing anymore
even if Bamco takes a cut of the profits ASW almost certainly still made a stupidly huge amount of money off of that

ASW isn't Capcom, retards. They poured their KLK marketing budget into a side pool at Evo so they could get on the main stage Saturday for top 4 and prove the game is good to the FGC

I like ASW. I'm happy they got so much attention after they made their guilty gear xrd artstyle, even if it is all licensed stuff.

>Yea Forums - Desperate Shilling

Just play the demo, it's just another crappy anime brawler.

This isn't quite that though, on account of it being APlus doing most of the work. Hell, Xrd's artstyle didn't transfer well to DBFZ either, but you could pin that on Bamco wanting it out soonee or ASW not wanting to finetune something that was licensed out

>Ente thread expecting Satsuki lewds
>No Satsuki lewds to be found
Fuck this shit thread.

what is this, what does this mean,

Do play the demo, but don't be shit at video games like that guy and think this is a game where mashing homing dash and square is how you play.

Homing dash gets blown the fuck up by AA's and can be dodged out of at any time to bait that attack. Characters have unique link-based combo routes and tekken-style wallsplat combos. Matchups are all unique.

>DTR
Dotonbori robo*

DEE TEE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: 6eJ4gSJ.gif (533x300, 95K)

>ASW isn't Capcom, retards.
They're not poor either, retard. They've been very openly (well it's more that Mr Wizard makes it obvious) throwing money at Evo for several years in a row now, are you pretending DBFZ just doesn't exist or something

>ASW development made a bunch of money from Dragonball
>that means KLK has all that money at its disposal
That's not how anything works
It's kinda funny that you simply can't accept the idea that this is a good game.

MAI WAIFU MAKO IS THE BEST
SHE IS RELEASING THIS WEEKEND
BUY MAI WAIFU'S GEIMU

Attached: bcb932151d776f8f9888ceea87ff260d.gif (500x281, 1.94M)

*breath in*
DOOOOOOO
TOOOONNNNNN
BORIIIIIIIIIII

Attached: 1563985968182.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

That's not the real Dotonbori Robo

Attached: Crabarada.png (1680x946, 3.61M)

>mainly because most people see "Anime Arena Fighter" and immediately think it's
youtube.com/watch?v=hqYlGwm2HMw
I wonder why

>IGN
You can't spell ignorant without IGN, Mike.

Here, have a review that wasn't made by a guy who never watched KLK and doesn't play fighters.
youtube.com/watch?v=M6dorIAYthE

Attached: 1382964709176.gif (372x292, 584K)

I'm very surprised that KLK IF is getting a slot for the Top 4 at EVO. I really do look forward to seeing what high-level play looks like for this game. Also, do you think we'll be seeing Mako revealed afterwards? There's certainly going to be a guaranteed audience for the reveal, both live and online.

Attached: 7AF31FAA-3BA9-489E-8ACC-C980B42F2129.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

>fought everyone on ranked except gama
>picked him up to spice it up a bit
>hard but I can actually clean house if I do it right
My main problem right now is I'm having trouble closing distance and countering guard breaks; anyone have experience?

>I really do look forward to seeing what high-level play looks like for this game
There are a few good players who stream. Most of them aren't great but if they host player matches the killers will join up to stream snipe them.

>closing distance with Gama
his homing triangle is fantastic for getting through to people spamming projectiles that don't block homing
if they're spamming and homing won't work just go into shackle and hop towards them gaining meter all the while

If the opponent is super guard break happy start baiting them out and punishing. Post-patch Gama also has invincibility on his shackle dodge and and attack out of the dodge/air that goes into full combo so you can dodge and punish guard breakers that way

>no Nudist Beach
>no Mako
game is shit

The killers and stream snipers? I didn't even know that was a thing desu... Although it's nice to hear that there's a growing community. I'll take a look around later and see who and what I can find.

Attached: C61B5DA7-0F8A-4FC5-A711-877D12626F56.png (650x1037, 737K)

Thanks, I realized I've been totally underusing the homing, I usually go to the gimp shackle jump
I think I've been able to manage the faster characters better than I thought I would, I've had a few sanageyamas that were though but I managed, but there was this one Ragyo yesterday that absolutely curb stomped me every fight, and I'm not sure if they were a strictly better player than me or i just didn't know how to handle Ragyo

Dashing shackle is awesome and lets you do a full combo after

If you're valor 2 you can do the up combo into super 2 for a wall splat and 300% meter. Then if you time super 3 right you'll land just as the opponent's invinc wears off and they'll have no time to escape. It's pretty much a guaranteed kill setup considering the insane damage Gama's super 3 does at 300%

wew I'll have to keep that in mind cause I can't usually make it all the way up to 300%
I'm just a slow learner when it comes to fightan games and usually end up playing by instinct but if I can actually think more about my moves I should be good