The first Ratchet & Clank is also the best

The first Ratchet & Clank is also the best.
You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: 17386_front.jpg (640x912, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0o5v7Sj9S_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_Gl9dM7rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed. Bought a PS2 recently just for this as Emulators really struggle with it for some reason...

works on my machine
you weren't using an old PCSX2 build right?

Attached: 1559040251137.jpg (500x494, 45K)

Does not bode well for the series if that's the best they did.

Going Commando literally improves upon EVERY single mechanic from RaC1, and then some. I'm so sick Yea Forums regurgitating eceleb essay videos. Play the games or fuck off. Ratchet doesn't even have a proper strafe in RaC1.

Veldin... Home
youtube.com/watch?v=0o5v7Sj9S_Y

I'm using a current one and it runs fine but it's on my old i5 so it crashes frequently.
Gonna inject widescreen hacks to the NTSC ISOs and burn the discs instead of dusting off my old PAL copies.

>Ratchet doesn't even have a proper strafe in RaC1
The game was designed around this and as a result every weapon remains useful to the end, you brainlet.

Attached: Approach.png (1441x1080, 835K)

>The game was designed around this
Wrong, faggot.The team got near the end of the game before realizing the lack thereof, so they added thruster strafing last moment. Proper strafing became on the the first things implemented in Going Commando. You'd know this if you weren't such a pleb.

>playing this on the vita
so comfy

Attached: 1538142503107.png (645x773, 10K)

Ape Escape when?
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_Gl9dM7rQ

This. Also the story of ratchet 1 is pretty forgettable

Wrong. The objective best order is:
1, 2 and 3 are all great.

How?

>going for the hoverboard skills on the vita port

Attached: 1524158903114.gif (301x300, 949K)

HD collection?

I'm glad I didn't bother playing the rest of the series, then.

ratchet 1 had some really touching moments like clank meeting his mother or ratchet and clank becoming friends at the end

ratchet actually has a character arc, the stakes get pretty high towards the end and the whole thing was very endearing, it's not a mindblowing story or anything but it's firmly "good", it's the later games that had forgettable or unremarkable stories

this only follows if you assume gc's corridor-strafe-shooter is what r&c was going for and failed

some changes were questionable, the helipack/hoverpack had less distinct roles, weapons no longer interacted with eachother (like using the taunter to activate mines) or had novel uses, the weapons were all very "point and shoot" while the r&c weapons had clear roles and uses (flamethrower for smaller enemies, visibomb for further away enemies etc)

weapon damage scaling to force you to keep swapping out weapons was terrible design since it means that some of the cooler early game weapons like the chopper, blitz gun etc straight up become unviable by the end of the game. try using a fully leveled NG sniper rifle in the later levels of r&c2, it absolutely fucking sucks and takes a minimum of 2 shots (out of 8 total) to kill anything, it's role as the long range, tactical weapon is outstripped by the weapon damage scaling the game has. lets not forget certain weapon upgrades (blitz cannon, meteor gun) being much less fun versions of the basic gun

platforming and puzzle solving was much less interesting in gc too, there was nothing on the level of umbris for example (and that's an early game level)

i don't know why people look at gc as a direct upgrade and not a different genre of game with very obvious strengths and weaknesses compared to the original

Attached: D5fMh_FW4AAKriK.jpg (512x422, 29K)

got a fucking cramp in my hand because of that and replaying mgs1 on vita fuck switching items against metal gear rex

Attached: 1564533801785.gif (638x334, 3.26M)

>the series is now dead
Feels bad bros

1.Going Commando
2.RaC
3.Up your arse
4. A Crack in Time
5. Rac 2016
6. Deadlocked
7.Tools of destruction
8.Into the Nexus
9.All 4 one
10.Size Matters