Is this game still worth playing in 2019? Or is it full of 80's TV show references that nobody's going to get nowadays...

Is this game still worth playing in 2019? Or is it full of 80's TV show references that nobody's going to get nowadays? Had to drop Fallout 2 because of that.

Attached: planescape-torment[1].jpg (468x468, 63K)

>Had to drop Fallout 2
dont bother zoomer

Self contained m8, go for it.

The story is pretty much completely timeless and self-contained
The gameplay is definitely a product of the times though

>The gameplay is definitely a product of the times though
How so? It's a typical isometric cRPG just like Pillars etc.

Yeah, and those games are pretty unambiguously cashing in on old-school CRPG nostalgia by using outdated mechanics with only minor improvements

lmao, what is not "outdated" then? Skyrim? Fuck off.

It wasn't worth playing when it came out.

>dropped Fallout 2

These games are not for you faggot. Go back to Fortnite.

Why so defensive?

The only thing outdated is the controls.
Also it can be buggy and have shit not trigger properly.

It's absolutely worth playing, go for it. One benefit that Planescape has over traditional D&D games is that setting is very rarely used, so whole thing seems very foreign, which really helps the weird vibe that Torment is going for.

Most people agree that among the 90s CRPGs, Planescape has some of the weakest combat around. It really is more about characters, world and the story. That's not saying that the gameplay is bad, there's some really great puzzles in the game, but you're really going to have best time by learning how to properly avoid the combat, or getting encounters over as quickly as possible.

>Is this game still worth playing in 2019?

Sure, Infinity Egines games didn't age as bad as 3D games.

Wow, I rarely see someone be this wrong

Zoomers trying to fit in. Nobody who acts like that is older than 16.

It has the best writing of any video game. Brainlets won't enjoy it though, you need an IQ of at least 120 to enjoy PS:T. 135+ is better though.

was thinking of starting this recently since I can play it easily on my macintosh professional laptop

I loved Baldur's Gate when I was a kid and played 3rd edition for years. the idea of a crpg with that system that actually follows through on the promise that not every encounter devolves into combat sounds pretty fun.

how was the spiritual sequel?

Attached: 6968ac102eea5bafd01e63c3a780a11daf8f42bac1162229042648d13e8a2bb9.webm (640x360, 2.74M)

I think you need to learn what defensive actually means moron.

This is simply an acknowledgement that you are too retarded to enjoy classics based on your own words and so you shouldn't bother with anything else because it would be a waste of your time and a waste of our time to try and talk to you about it.

You made it abundantly clear that if it's not modern, you can't handle it so we told you to fuck off to the modern shit.

Try Fallout 4 instead.

>Is this game still worth playing in 2019?
no.

Attached: ffxv vs planescape.png (1938x654, 589K)

Theres a difference between not being modern and full of le wacky monty python references