Mario Maker 2 Shill'n'Chill

ctrl+f
no MM2 thread

post them levels!

Super Mario Generations 1-2
8K6-L2D-1BG

Second level in my series. Slowly working through creating this campaign after getting comfortable by publishing a few one-off levels.

Classic SMB feels, tough but fair, optional red coins.

Attached: v9rJPFbrXc44yhDdHHS5uS-320-80.jpg (320x180, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
nintendo.co.jp/live/event/yoiko/index.html
twitter.com/AdidasHeadband/status/1157034803960545280?s=20
youtu.be/E2sPmtLg60k
youtu.be/8btnaFsKqiY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 9K)

2-3 Sunstroke
>GQW-4BH-Y0G
Newest course in my "SMB1.5" series, this involves the Angry Sun swooping around activating bob-ombs around you as you chase to the skies.

Currently working on a castle course next, hoping to get my new levels out a little quicker now.

Sweet, I'll play it now user

My courses are good, my courses are great. Play my courses, as of this date:

1-2: Skipping Across the Stars
YVY-JCY-7NG

1-1: Launch and Attack
DGP-YP6-59G

I'm working on part 3 now, and I have an idea for part 4 that may or may not work. If you play, comment with a ridiculous picture

Nice work, great design and aesthetics

>Super Mario Generations 1-2
a bit enemy spammy, especially the ground area. I got all the key coins to reach the 2 little floating huts(?) with the 1ups, shame you had comments disabled though as I wanted to leave a comment to show that I got there.

>1-1: Launch and Attack
hey I still have the WR on this one somehow, weird I don't remember trying to speedrun it. I guess you can only run through an autoscroller so fast though. Gunna try 1-2 Skipping Across the Stars now

Thanks for the feedback. I have worried that my levels can get a bit too enemy spammy. It's a tough line to walk when you're trying to make it a little bit more difficult than a typical SMB level but nowhere near kaizo. I might reupload with less enemies though.

Disabling comments is a tough decision, too, but I just hate the way they obfuscate the levels.

>Disabling comments is a tough decision, too, but I just hate the way they obfuscate the levels.
you know players can turn off comments. its a toggle on the pause menu. literally no reason for a maker to disable comments.

The WR for that one will be a bit more difficult. I tried to get the WR as my last course to get the WR crown, but it was too challenging and it would've been tight anyway, even though it's my own course. I'd be interested in hearing what you think. If you leave a comment on the course, I'll play yours back

Neat, I actually didn't know that

>1-2: Skipping Across the Stars
the part with the 2 diagonal tracks and burners really threw me off, I didn't get what you actually wanted the player to do and lost like 4 lives to it. Maybe I'm just a brainlet, but it seemed almost leap-of-faith tier to me with how that was designed. Other than that, good level; I particularly liked the bunnyhopping through the fast bob-omb pipes.

New Stage:
The Floating Isle: HLW-WPP-LFG
The name says it all, it's a remake of a stage i made back in MM1

Old stages:
Lumber Tower: N7X-9BX-YKF
Bone Voyage: RW5-5D0-DTG
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G

Finally got myself a new controller that doesn't make my hands cramp, drop me some of your stages to play if you want an opinion on them!

Attached: The Floating Isle.jpg (680x383, 50K)

How is this not a general? It's been nonstop for weeks.
Our much less frequent New Vegas threads get deleted but this is somehow allowed

because these threads don't work at all in /vg/

I tried to use coin trails to show where and when to jump, but that's not the first time I heard that complaint so I guess I done fucked up

Loved the floating Isle, user. Lots of fun.

>this long-term recurring thread doesn't work on the board made for long-term recurring threads

can you even get WR on your own level?
I didn't try to speedrun this one though, got too many other levels to play and it looked difficult to speedrun. I'm not much of a speedrunner anyway.
I found it a bit misleading as you had the claws going upwards, so my instinct was that you need to continue upwards and follow the claws (much like you do in others parts of the level), but the actual route is on the far bottom-right. I didn't notice the coin trail until my second death there, and you'd have to die there at least once to even see the coin trail down there at all I think. I'm not sure many people would know the correct route on their first attempt there.

tbqh now that the threads are slowing down I wouldn't mind making the move to /vg/ but threads won't survive there while we are active on Yea Forums

these threads always die in /vg/ since /vg/ is better for regulars, whilst these threads only have a tiny amount of regulars and mostly consist of different fresh anons popping in to get feedback on their first uploads (keep in mind the game's still selling a lot); those new anons to the threads don't go to /vg/ at all hence the threads die within a couple hours typically there. Also, this is a videogame thread, you couldn't get more videogames than anons making and playing levels, I see no problem having these threads on Yea Forums at all.

I could've sworn I saw someone with a WR on their own level before.

You do need the claws to get to the second asteroid, and I thought I did have coin trails to & from them. You're supposed to stay on the second asteroid until it reaches the other coin trails at which point you jump off. So, you see what I intended to do, but I think I was just too enamored with the concept to see how it could fuck with people

yeah I got that but only after a few attempts before it clicked that's what you wanted me to do there. Only one of the claw is needed yet there's 3 of them there for some reason(?), which I guess threw me off.

Played all your Generations stages. Well designed level layout, but a bit too many enemies for my taste. Collected all of the red coins in each of them. I would recommend placing the very last coin in a safe zone, since dying with the key will lose all your coins.

thanks user. I'm thinking of removing some enemies and reuploading. I'll definitely change the dying with a key thing moving forward.

Attached: 1563733021983.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

My First Map: Watch your steps!
> HGM-076-C7G
Its a "No Jumping" one, which has a hard middle part. I hope someone like it, and if there any changes they need to be done, then just (You) me

Attached: 1561051257705.png (487x487, 275K)

How the hell do i grab people?
Everytime i start a match, someone just grabs me and throw my body into the abyss.
Im not fucking yoshi

Wet Woods: LBV-FHQ-DTF
Terrible name aside, it's a traditional SMW forest level. I put icicles at the top and the drips give the level a rainy effect, which I thought looked pretty cool.

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of a speedrun level, but not really.

>Perfect Luigi Blossom
NWX-G9Y-FSF
Normal difficulty bullet hell.

Attached: 1353330912286.png (733x733, 589K)

i don't think reuploading is necessary. Just keep it in mind for the future.
It is better to achieve difficulty trough strategically placed enemies over more enemies.

Double Hot Rodz
WQ4-VJ4-N2G

Outrun the horrible contraption to make it out alive.

First level of this kind that I've made. Any feedback is appreciated. Let me know what to do better so I can make better levels in the future.

Thanks user, good point!

Made a wall jumping based level the other day, play it lads and tell me what you think. Requires some patience and so far only one dude has cleared it. Need to time your wall jumps on the moving cannon to avoid/squeeze by all the shit thrown at you.
D57-S1W-KSG

Attached: FB9E05AF-4A94-410D-8A4A-C84026C09B87.png (493x223, 262K)

He means put a bunch of thwomps that are out of sight that the player has no time to react to

spin jump button while next to someone

I made some bad ones.
07H-QC1-6PG
6BY-326-8TF

World>3>1>New>D World

hate auto-scroll but this wasn't bad

Next level should be finished sometime today unless something comes up. I hope you guys like it.

Dr. Wrench’s Cloudy Contraption!
XMG-293-RQG
>I’m really hoping this one turned out alright because it took a surprising amount of time to get right. I tried my hand at creating a boss battle that isn’t just Boom Boom, Bowser Jr, or Bowser which was definitely the part of the level that took the longest to get right.

Attached: 7A2A6A58-7801-4EB7-958C-243ECAC3266B.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

Managed to beat your stage. Conceptually, the stage isn't bad, but it needed a LOT more testing.
Always keep in mind that the timing in which you move can change the time an enemy/obstacle is loaded and desynchronize/despawn them. On top of that, keep RNG in mind. As example, the Hammer Bros can occasionally jump on the platform and get on the exit to the right and permanently block the path, the springs on the muncher are prone to despawning, etc. Just keep different playstyles and speeds in mind when doing playtesting.
Also, the whomps can be pretty cheap. They should've all had parachutes or at least some visual warning indicator

Just played and loved Red Hot Castle Rush. I'll play your others now!

Got it! Thanks for testing, gonna fix them later

Collab user here, it's almost up.
Jonny, do you mind if I tweak your section as pictured? It was a little too difficult before, so this edit should help keep it consistent for less skilled players, I just want your feedback on whether you had a different change in mind, or if this is alright with you.

Attached: 0801191240a.jpg (4160x2340, 3.16M)

These are my shitty levels
Seesaw swamp
YGM-6HC-V4G
A simple sm world style standard-ish course featuring a lot of seesaws cause I like em

Castle challenge
2KY-10B-WFF
A few challenges in 3d world style. Not much left to explain
Please tell me what you think :)

who entered this time?

Fantastic level! I've played your levels before, they're always very well designed

Kek, really nice one
Auto scrolling on point, always JUST enough time to react
Drew you a comment

Wait, I remember the start of the first stage, this is a remake of that one romhack!

Spamite, Shotty, Scrungio, and Jonny

Yep that's fine

YKW-CBH-68G
100 Rooms of 3D World
already postet it last thread but I changed a few things to make it less annoying

>Escape The Cursed Red Well
>6MF-YDF-YHG
Its a horror-themed level in the dark

>Climb Climb Climb!
>29P-5KM-NTG
Climbing up a vine while dodging bullet-hell

>Race Against the POW Block
>3MJ-J53-NCG
Its a semi auto-Mario level

Attached: 1411421515157.gif (346x202, 1.69M)

Attached: EA3CO9UU4AEVT5a.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Really nice stage. You can feel that a lot of effort went into making the stage work well and look good. Creative boss fight! Looking forward to your next stage!

Anti Bully Rangers GO!
>NML-7CM-T0H
a level totally based off of hopping across bullies and dumping them into lava, has multiple secret areas and tons of coins to collect, go ham

Attached: Capture2.png (306x558, 369K)

It's dead, Jim.

>Moles Inc.
G6W-4LQ-GJG
>Hive of Stingbies
FVT-4WT-VHF
>Infested sewers
LTP-CRG-55G

>Underwater volcano (normal?)
CRX-S4L-L7G
>Underwater volcano: death castle
HWY-XLQ-YKG

Fuck off

>It's a 7 year old who got scared of the first piranha plant he saw and then dies then gives you a boo and then quits player

Where are the good players? Do I have to shill on places like Twitch to get someone mildly competent to play my levels?

I don't understand why this has such a low clear rate. fun level though.

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Starting Point:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Current Stage: NEW!
4-1: Quartz Caverns 3XY-BQ7-2RG

After leaving the furnace, Mario finds himself inside an underground cave system. NSMB underground stage that utilizes that gametypes moveset, as well as some propeller shroom shenanigans.

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

I played this last night before I had to crash and I really liked it. Surpasses the twister castle stage imo and I love the theme. Probably the first in depth sun stage I’ve played and I really like the way the level starts. I made a webm too but I don’t have it saved to my phone, I should be home in like an hour I’ll post it then. Left a silly doodle too.

Attached: 84D968DD-3D3E-4E81-A02F-27875C9E8A16.gif (500x406, 214K)

I think I saved your webm in the last thread. I'd post it but recent rangebans are preventing me from doing so. I'll try out quartz caverns in a bit, just busy working on another course myself as I want to get more levels out.

>Its a shit level so you run into the first enemy to be able to boo it as quick as possible.

So you admit to being 7 years old?

you can just start over in the menu for maximum boo speed

can't believe someone actually made a good level build around the sun

4-1 An ordinary day
K9J-47X-Y8G

Another comfy level and the start of world 4! There's gonna be more gimmicks in this world, planning to experiment a little with the upside down theme, and ofcourse giant enemies!

Attached: EA6AttGVUAAT1Ph.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Tube War [Race]
> KWR-YL3-25G
A Short Race Map, with 4 Pipes for each player,
but only one brings you to the exit

Played your stages and beat them except the climb one.
Your cursed pipe stage is good looking and has a good atmosphere, but it feels pretty try and error based at some points. It might just be me, though.
The Pow Block stage is pretty flashy and a decent car level.
The Climb stage feels also a bit try and error based. I gave up at the blue diamond with the 500 bullets, because the long row of sideway bullets felt cheap.

Have the old Yea Forums speedrunners from the first game come back for this game? I want to see what they can do to everyones levels.

Mofo beat me to making this thread by 15 seconds. Oh well.

Dire Outpost
WL5-8L2-KBG
Theme: SMW

There are 4 challenges, a flag you can use when ever, and the stage is multiplayer friendly. Another of my high-effort courses. I used a similar format style to Dire Foundation, but now you can do any of the challenges in what ever order you want. This is also my first attempt at a SMW course.

Would particularly like feedback on Outpost as I've just uploaded it.

Cave Gobobobo
QL3-JH0-HMG
Theme: SMB

Cave in the Jungle with an optional quest to find the pink coins to access a room full of 1-Ups. I just wanted an excuse to use the Forrest theme desu.

Attached: 1562936809718.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

not too hard, a little challenging in spots, and requires attention to detail. also those comments are fucking hilarious. this was fun lol

pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral

Yoiko is playing more SMM2 at Nintendo Live 2019. Until September 11, you can send them stuff to play live on October 14.
nintendo.co.jp/live/event/yoiko/index.html

Attached: EA3i2B-UcAEyI-w.jpg (1200x675, 225K)

So i tried my best, to change some stuff you mention. I tried to make it less RNG, replaced the despawning springs, and make the whomps less cheap (watchable)

Watch your Steps! v1.1
>PTW-0JL-RXF

Attached: dennis_f.gif (120x120, 12K)

Shilling my old levels while my Switch recharges, then I'll play some levels from this thread. I really need to take some inspiration for proper Mario levels.

You can (note) jump
D76-C7Y-B2H
Easy speedrun with note blocks

Clawin' around
NMJ-GT2-2CG
Hard and long'don't touch the ground' course with claws

The trials of Mario
LQB-2RN-RVF
6 rooms where you use a powerup to get to the exit

Buzzy Shell Ridin'
879-GL8-56G
Long-ish course all about riding buzzy beetle shells

Math Test
JWT-GDG-RBG
Asolve the operations to get to the answer of each room (the sfx makes it too easy)

Advanced climbing
DPH-2BC-GHG
Short but needs a lot of precision, one mistake will lose you a bunch of progress

Hop Step Jump!
06J-9N0-VPG
Very hard, bounce on the enemies without touching the ground

Swinging time
69N-9M3-4SF
Short speedrun with the claws

The metal colossus
LML-WF3-KTG
Easy themed level, climb the giant robot's body and disable its engine

Jack and the magic vinestalk
2K3-NJN-0SF
Vertical level about vines with a boss battle at the end

Attached: 9NKPvbq.png (512x512, 146K)

user who first cleared it back then here. It feels a LOT better now. It was worth trading the difficulty for consistency

im happy to hear it, thanks user

>28 levels

Good lord I don't even need to play your shit to know they're low effort

Shut up fag, I’ve played almost all of them and they've been consistently good

Buzzsaw Blackout
F70-SF4-6WF
>Navigate a dark factory wherein buzzsaws are your friend and your enemy.
It's a dark level, so I'm expecting some negativity, but I tried to make the concept intuitive and fun. All hazards are illuminated.

私は日本語を読んで出来ない。
更に、外国人の応募が受け入れない。

Attached: 1494422817930.jpg (350x500, 121K)

I liked it a lot! Very nice use of the darkness and nice gimmick. The final part had me pretty tense.

Holla Holla Get Dolla: 307-N53-2SF
playing around with making kinda puzzle-rooms I guess? Not very long. Not been beaten yet.

They've already played some foreigner levels on the last couple episodes of their web series. I remember they also had some foreigner levels for Arino on the live special for the original game.

They're good. They are pretty straightforward and traditional, but well made

Attached: woooow.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

Nice Stage. Feels like a Story level

>読んで出来ない
Grammatically odd. 読めない or 読むこと出来ない would be correct.

>外国人の応募が受け入れない
Strange word choice, sounds very unnatural.
What are you trying to say? Foreigners can't sign up?

登録出来ない would be better.

The new collab is up! Thank you everyone who participated this time!

Tanooki Citadel Collab:
WNW-L8Y-1FF

Last Collab:

Yea Forums's Flying Circus Collab:
VJY-0XL-NSF

I have an idea for a new collab for next time, that isn't just a red coin level. But for now, enjoy the new level everyone, and let me know what you think!

Attached: 1562895990063.gif (580x327, 2.93M)

>You can (note) jump
Adorable,beat it, left some good vibes and a comment.

>Swinging time
Also adorable, beat it, more vibes.

Attached: 1549661617726.gif (389x286, 1.12M)

>Season 23: Episode 8 (#284) "That RPG" premieres on Thursday, August 15th.

I bet this will be Mother. It just had its 30th anniversary.

Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it.

>up and under
VP1-TL8-6JF
50 clears, 5.14%

>fire pit
QLY-KY6-KQG
36 clears, 7.27%

>lava ocean
NT7-QBY-4HF
6 clears, 5.26%

>bowser's treasure
CSL-C0M-DWG
45 clears, 11.11%

All of my levels are pretty darn good. Please enjoy this treasure trove of excellence.

>.32 clear rate
>2/608

>tfw a japanese girl likes your level

Attached: Kirisame.Marisa.600.946006.jpg (425x600, 132K)

Thanks user, I checked and you're right about everything. I've only been studying for 6 months so I still have a long way to go.

who cares

Thanks!

shut up likelet

Here's Mondo! I'll play your level soon, my man. Can't promise that it'll be today, I'll be busy at night, but I'll leave you a drawing as always.

I recently made a sequel to my rolling themed course, both below.

>Mineshaft Roll Fest
FL5-DTQ-54G

>Mineshaft Roll Fest 2: In Deep
B2D-9X6-34G

Attached: FL5-DTQ-54G.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

I've been studying for about eight years.
Best decision I ever made, honestly. It's been quite life changing.

good stuff. this one was a bit easier so everyone should try it.

The code for dire outpost is actually WJ5-8L2-KBG
It's pretty good, my only complaint was it would be much better with an infinite checkpoint, to save each red coin individually, instead of a one time checkpoint. Other than that, great course!

Mario steals a bank.

9PX-6F9-84G

A very basic puzzle level

>Implying Yea Forums will even be able to finish it

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

2ez

Came out really good!

I feel that this time around the level’s difficulty is much more consistent, this was actually pretty solid all around.

all it took was zankioh to not take part this time kek

Nice, can't wait to play through it myself! Will get around to in a bit.

Can your endless mode progress be saved? Im at a good 70 clear streak but I have to go for the weekend and I dont want to lose it.

yes it saves whenever you quit

there is literally an option called save and quit just save and quit

>not including a pleb filter in your levels

Lol wtf how’d you manage that?

No rush man, it ain’t going anywhere.

Swag, I’ll take a swing at it now that I’m home after I get cleaned up.

New level is almost complete! Will play your stuff as much as I can and will you give drawings of happiness. Guys, stay cool.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x772, 38K)

Very nice speedrun stage. The only part that I feel could flow better is the one with the cheep cheeps.
Also fukcing lol at Bowser killing Bowser Jr.

Very tense stage, but also very fair. The ending was fucking intense. Loved it.

Played Seesaw Swamp, very nice stage.The second part gave me a bit of troubles at first but it just required a bit of precision. Good job.

Played Climb climb climb. Bery nice, the diamond part was definitely tough but once you get the hang of the rhythm it's manageable.

Dire Outpost was very fun! Agreed with the other user, having to redo the challenges after you take the checkpoint can be a pain, especially that damn Boom Boom. I swear flying Boom Boom is the worst.

hi zankioh

WBX-Y8P-1NF - Forest of Titans
Forest level with deep lore.

Attached: titanic.jpg (300x221, 14K)

There’s a difference between challenging level design and unfun level design, Zankioh.

I'll play any level that replies to this birb.

Attached: IMG_20190731_151802__01__01.jpg (2527x1785, 2.23M)

I tried something different and made a multi-path speedrun level. The timer is 100s, but it's pretty lenient (my clear-check time using the fastest route is 47 seconds). Higher paths are faster, but more difficult to execute. The lowest paths are the slowest. There is a checkpoint half-way through, and certain shortcuts are available if you're able to keep your mushroom.
>Arctic Blitz: 3DC-TQG-8DF

Last level I made:
>Bowser's New Security System: N3X-4P7-HPF

Attached: 1496873517703.png (204x179, 9K)

Am I the only female girl around here who has played Mario games since childhood?

hi

tits or gtfo

already posted my stuff above, but here's my maker ID i guess HHB-SY1-SMF

eyyyy

user, taking hormone pills and putting on a wig doesn't make you a girl.

Hi
Seesaw swamp
YGM-6HC-V4G
A simple sm world style standard-ish course featuring a lot of seesaws cause I like em
Hey thanks, if you get all the red coins you get a cape for the second part

Attached: pain and suffering.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

don't turn those threads into tranny rants just ignore the bait

Attached: bit bait.png (1198x1200, 93K)

As usual, shill now and play a while later.

I have ten stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Sole Sacrifice (Newest)
BB2-DMK-LJG
To reach new heights demands sacrifice. Another shoe level among castles in a starry sky.

Hey what do you guys think, this is my first level

HQC-29P-WRG

Attached: 1447865805646.jpg (640x638, 48K)

>wrong code
Woops.

Thanks for feedback!

Attached: 1542494531185.gif (498x232, 978K)

Is this really enough space to perform a triple jump?

Attached: EA6sKQYUYAA64DQ.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Great course user, especially impressive as a first. Nice consistent theme/enemy pool and progression on the P-Block challenge. Your use of coins as a guide was also great

My only nitpick was the falling goomba felt a bit out of left field. Also you may want to give some bonus 1-ups for people to get when playing it in Endless.

Thanks man

Attached: homer.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>little fighter 2
You've earned my play.

Attached: 35df839a53fab63388fe3cba127f80a17a07cacd_full.jpg (184x184, 15K)

That rain is a great detail. I wish I came up with it first.

Yes my friend it is.

You ever play Yea Forums levels? I don't see any names I recognize in your "Liked" courses

Oh shit the call-out happening has happened

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 540K)

you're a man of culture

Attached: firen.gif (120x120, 11K)

>come home from work just now
>have to see myself getting bullied like this in my absence to boot
wow
isn't even me.
I've also already said that I misunderstood what kind of difficulty we were going for with our sections in the collab and that I apologize for mine sticking out like that.

That bullet bill section is too much for me to finally get only to fail a little later and have to redo all over again.

I killed the sun by accident by kicking a bomb lol. Good level

Yes? We're not all the same couple people.

Not him, but maybe they're all shit levels?

Amazing level. Truly a joy. Kudos, user.

Attached: 1556497319278.jpg (640x517, 35K)

I boo every level posted for shilling

Based matureposter

there's an intended way to kill the sun with a koopa shell, but I didn't intend a bob-omb to be able to do it kek

I liked it so much I went back for WR

I boo all levels for daring to exist tbqh

I swear I'm good at video games, but god damn I keep dying for stupid reasons.
Great level though.

what do you do in the rightmost room with the koopas in the pipe

suffer

JUST Dig It
H61-YCF-BQG
Its a fossil excavation themed level
Honestly it's too easy but give me your feed back

It could use more enemies to make the long empty corridors more exciting.

Checked your stages out after you drew that comment on my Floating Isle stage.
Your stages are a joy to play! Really well made and themed! I like the art you do with rails and elements in your Red Coin rooms!
Followed you to support my fellow German map creator!

About time, maturedposter

You cannot get softlocked there, Adam°

When you said it was an excavation level, I was afraid it would be a level focused on using bombs to blow up blocks. I was surprised to see that it's not, but not all that pleasantly.

Easy is a bit of an understatement, the real problem is that there just isn't much to do. It looks like you wanna make an exploration level, but there's just lots of nothing. Few platforming segments, very little incentive to explore outside of the sheer magnitude of the stage making it just a lil hard to discern where to go, and hardly any enemies to really propose a threat. I did get a rare opportunity to mess around with the cape a little, which was fun, but I'm not sure that was the intention of the stage.

You can really start by making the play area a little more compact. That will give you more space to make more routes as well, if your goal is exploration. Finally, try to actually present an objective for the player, besides just getting to the end. Some sort of challenge. Maybe, since it seems to be about exploration and excavation, there's places where you wanna dig up red coins or something? Bomb excavation is boring as hell when done too much, but if it's in brief segments, or if the challenge is getting a bomb to where it needs to be or something, that could be fun? All in all, it just seems like the stage could stand to be smaller and more focused on something. At least, I think so.

twitter.com/AdidasHeadband/status/1157034803960545280?s=20
>I tried making the section easy but I guess I screwed the clear rate

My bad

Here you go lad.

Attached: 2E757904-DB59-4D50-B93C-426769871B50.jpg (628x314, 30K)

Well educate me, who do you play/like from Yea Forums? I don't see a single name I recognize

If you play more than a couple Yea Forums levels you're bound to play a good one, even if it's just from one of the regulars.

PYK-S3L-8DF

My first attempt at making a level,tried making just a standard level, feedback would be great

Thanks alot friend!

Attached: Games122.jpg (557x605, 408K)

>Monty Mole's Flying Factory
3GJ-WNK-RSF
R8 pls

Hoo boy, I wouldn't really call that standard, but... Well, I managed to clear it.

Anyway, it's a pretty challenging level. There were some good ideas there, such as the goomba trap and the bob-omb timer near the end, but there was also a few other notable problems.

The first part of the subworld and the very end are both kind of obnoxious noob traps that will 100% claim a life for someone going in blind. That's not really good design, unless you're deliberately trying to make a kaizo level, and even then, it doesn't really feel fair. The player isn't immediately encouraged to run right at the beginning of the second section until they notice the lava, and by then it's too late. The bombs light their fuse before the player reaches the end of the bomb too, and again, it's too late to catch up to them after the player registers the objective.

As far as general things are concerned, it might be better to focus on a few elements in future levels. You use a bunch of random ideas in the design here, but never really bring them up again more than once, so it's just a bunch of random challenges that you have to sort of guess the objective of each time you run into them. Try to focus on a clear idea of what sort of challenges the player has to face and then try to introduce them gradually.

All in all, a good challenge... once you already know what to do. Kind of BS if you don't. I wouldn't skip this level in Expert, but I'd be tempted to if my goal was to last as long as possible.

appreciate the feedback

Thank you for the feed back

Fun course I r8 an 8/8. All the challenges were really solid.

That bobomb toss toss was a bit annoying to time though, I wish there was something for it to land on.

anyone else having problems with despawning enemies? how do i fix this?

I agree with the other person. Cool level, sweet mole action and all, but the bomb toss is a bit awkward. Feels like more of a boss fight than the Boom Boom.

pipes, bullet blaster, firebars, or icicles.

how do icicles and firebars fix that?

K7W-J4M-1JG

Requires a few precise jumps, and a little waiting for the right moment.
I'm really uncreative and kind of just tried things. All criticism is good criticism.

Attached: output.jpg (1180x1600, 837K)

OK, let's shill this level here.

Flowing Flame Fortress
PVC-2CQ-30G

A somewhat lengthy castle level with lava and Thwomps, mainly. I'm a lil proud of this level, so give me reasons not to be. Thanks~

entities on top of firebars or icicles stay permanently loaded.

thanks

Pretty strange level
Not sure what the chomp cavern is for but I went another route. First jump is the hardest though for sure. Gave you a like cause it is kinda satisfying to do it.

Hol' up can you get on top of the mountain right away?

Can I play online with friends yet?
And don't reply to me saying shit like I have no friends anyway, else I'm gonna FUCKING cry and you'll all be sorry.

Oh was it not intended?
Don't delete the level, let people who can pull it off get away with it desu

if you had any fucking friends they'd ask to play mario maker 2 with you if you could but you can't and don't FUCKER

well, you have no friends

Man I wanna learn that jump, could actually be useful.

Attached: 1485719841585.jpg (600x6009, 405K)

Detective Mario is on the case
8KS-593-jHf
It's a ghost house themed level The pink coins scavenger hunt is optional

I had a gud time on your airship, and your other levels too. Cept that lakitu sun one. I ganked one of the clouds and blew past all that BS lol. Nice stuff overall, though the airship is by far the best one of your lot.

I usually hate don't jump stage conditions but it makes me happy when someone makes a good one. I'd say that this is one of them. Didn't play the previous version but this one plays great. That lone boo near the end had me sweating a bit haha.

I liked your other stage too, the 4 pipes had me thinking of pick a path and hope you don't die but that wasn't it at all. Thank you for not making Boom-Boom mandatory to kill on the wrong paths.

Attached: Monty Moles Flying Factory.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Aah. That's how.

I swear to god MM2 has more mole-themed levels than any other enemy type.

That's because moles are based

D9W-KF1-3SF
S5V-FGK-D1H

Attached: spaceship.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

The chain chomps were annoying at the 8 bit mario part but other than that not too bad

I finally broke the 7k maker point threshold, I'm happy.
Still have a bronze maker point medal though, how much is needed to get it to silver?

Attached: 1536894179012.jpg (790x800, 81K)

Look at the leaderboard, it's not set.

>lowest at #100 is still over 11k
Never gonna make it.

My first two levels:
307-B66-6JF
CBQ-0SR-31G

Finished it just now. I agree with the other anons this one felt waaaaay more streamlined and cohesive than the first one. All 4 contributors came up with neat rooms, and I got some webms cooking up like I did for the last one.

The first room starting from the left was simple, but it also has a well timed jump n float at the end. Didn't see a name so I dunno who did that one but it was the easiest. I did theirs and Shottys on my first go.

Shotty's room was diverse, had slow falls, flying, and an optional path if you manage to hold onto the leaf which I appreciated. I liked theirs the most overall since it had the most to do.

Serigos (I think? Was hard to make out some of the letters) was where things started to get a little trickier. Twisters are volatile but combined with the leaf they work pretty well, and the traveling one was a neat expansion on the basic concept.

jonnys was the one that gave me the most trouble since I'd never done flying Koopa kicks until now. I got the rhythm down for that fast enough but what makes his the hardest imo is that if you fuck up you don't really get a second chance since the leaf spawns at the start of the room and no where else. So not the most laborious of tasks, but you better not fuck up or you're dead.

I look forward to the next collab, and hope to take part in it now that its the weekend and I have more free time.

nice user, I'm still trying to reach 8k

Attached: Tanooki Citadel Collab 1st Door.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Attached: Tanooki Citadel Collab Sergio.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Attached: Tanooki Citadel Collab jonny.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

and 4

Attached: Tanooki Citadel Collab Shotty.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Ice Cavern Ascent
0RT-3R6-7XG
A stage focused on tricky vertical platforming - if you slip you may have to start climbing from the bottom again. Frustrated a lot of anons in the last thread but the response has been positive.

Attached: 1564268089775m.jpg (1024x576, 88K)

Kek, guess I shouldn’t have slapped coins all over my portion’s name. My maker name is Scrungio. I’m happy my portion turned out alright though.

FYI you can click the left stick to zoom out for screenshots so you don't have to do it like this

>7k
>I only broke 2k today

how did you get so much?

What do you mean? I know you can zoom out in Maker mode but I didn't make the stage I was just playing on it.

>most annoying stage in mario
17Y 93L L6G
Haven't made a new stage in a while. Was bored and completely out of ideas, so I came up with this stupid bullshit

Attached: image.jpg (960x960, 145K)

fuck don't mind me I'm retarded I thought you were posting for a new collab or something

Lol it’s ok man we all derp sometimes

Just got done with this one a few minutes ago, hope you guys enjoy it.

Pitch Black Manor
CG0-DGS-7HG
>This is probably the level I’ve put the most time into so far, and I tried to explore a lot of ideas in one level without letting it get too bloated. The idea was to make a level using the nighttime ghost house theme without creating a level that’s total bullshit, so I used POW Blocks to light up the way to go in different ways. I’m not to familiar with making ghost house levels but I tried to give this level some atmosphere through the sound effects and decorations.

Attached: 2FF509FC-0E07-43D0-9923-6F8CDB4D1E3A.jpg (1085x638, 363K)

Because the plays have dried up on my level, I will only be shilling it on the weekends.

Attached: big rex dreams of moon.png (1920x1080, 161K)

Great stuff. Guess I'll do a little review of each section as well.
Spamite - Fun stuff, claws and tanooki floating are a good pair, fairly easy but satisfying too.
Shotty - I'm not going to review my own section, that would be silly.
Scrungio - Died here a couple times, but not too bad once you get used to constantly floating. The usage of the koopa with the twister at the end was brilliant.
Jonny - This section was the bane of my existence, sorry Jonny. Love the idea, but it was extremely punishing imo. Like the other user said, if you fuck up it's game over and you have to restart. Took me a good while to beat, but it did feel satisfying once I got it down. Not bad at all though, I probably just suck admittedly.

Glad I got to be part of this, everyone did a great job and I look forward to contributing again, perhaps after the next collab so more anons get their chance to shine. Thanks again for letting me participate!

I just keep pushing out levels I think people might enjoy and try to keep up with playing courses by anons or from endless and giving likes/comments. Sometimes others will play and like back.
Put out a shitload of courses earlier this week, however I think consistently putting out stuff is the key to steadily gaining maker score. My easier courses also tend to get more love. My two semi puzzle-like levels that require more patience don't see much attention.

I did make a "popular bait" level in the form of classic 1-1 with a gimmick, but ironically one of my other recent levels seems to have overtaken it instead. You just can't anticipate what people will really enjoy most I suppose.

Fuck me that looks cool as fuck. I'll give it a go later tonight. Any music you recommend for this level? I usually like to play levels with other vidya music playing on the background that fits. Just autism on my part, I guess, but I feel that it adds to the ambiance.

I feel like the first collab I did was way more of a learning experience for what I need to watch out for and how to improve. I think the addition of a theme, alongside a clearer set of rules, really helped keep this one more consistent. jonny's section was probably a little too difficult compared to the rest, but it's some cool tech that I haven't even seen before so I don't mind.

Does anyone have any ideas for future collabs? I have a couple myself, and the power-up themed collabs are always a decent option, but I'm curious to see what you guys think. What kind of themeing would you guys like to see?

Jonny's section is borderline kaizoshit. I think there needs to come a point where you step in and say "you need to change something about this." not everyone is a speedrunning autist who clears shit like this first, or even 100th try.

Nah, I feel you. If anything I’d say
youtu.be/E2sPmtLg60k
or
youtu.be/8btnaFsKqiY
but you might actually want to keep the music on for this level. Some of it is actually kept in complete silence to build up a little tension and atmosphere for certain parts, or at least that’s what I was going for.

>level has been up for 20 minutes and it’s already been boo’d by some Japanese kid who skipped it after one attempt
T-thanks, Japan.

Not them but in MM1 I found pretty good success makin series of levels instead of a buncha one offs, same reason I’m doing this time too. Keeps players coming back and a reason to play all your stages instead of just a few if it feels more like an adventure.

Playing other stages and leavin comments helps too, and it’s a nice thing to do.

This looks sick, gonna play it.

Do you do that too? I had an entire alternate soundtrack in my mind for the games I made in MM1 for each level. Really does add to the ambiance on some stages for sure.

Come on now, calling that borderline kaizo is a way overreaction.

I agree, I thought it was tricky but totally doable as my graceful webm demonstrated lol. It’s a neat idea and one I might use down the road.

I play other people's stuff all the time and leave comments, but never get any in kind. It's kind of irritating at this point, I guess my stages just suck. no, I'm not posting them again right now, I'm not looking for pity, I just want to know why my shit gets snubbed for no fucking reason, like my stages don't even show up in endless or something.

Can’t really tell you for sure then if I don’t know if I’ve played them or not. I’m sorry though man, being a wagecuck means I can’t play as much as I would like but I try to play as many anons stages as I can. And that’s stacked on trying to make stages of my own.

If you've been in these threads for any length of time you probably have. I get maybe three or four plays from here, and maybe a comment if I'm lucky. But it feels like I don't get nearly as much return on investment, so to speak.

I wish i could play more stages, but I'm usually pretty busy at work and organizing the collabs. I love playing levels though, just pressed for time until my vacation next week.

I'm kinda hitting this point as well... I played like 6 new people in this thread alone, gave 2 write-ups, yet not one playback.

I follow and am followed by several regulars and they're the only ones who actually play my courses (besides Endless players who generally like my stuff) so honestly I just post out of habit now - I'm not getting plays out of these threads.

It was satisfying calling that little faggot leach out earlier in the thread though, maybe that'll be my new calling.

here bird lad
Airshipvania: BQ6-9QH-DNG

>It was satisfying calling that little faggot leach out earlier in the thread though, maybe that'll be my new calling.
this happened?

Bob-Omb Battlefield in Super Mario World
>FT9-NHX-JLF

I added a little optional race course with Koopa the Quick at the end as well.

Wait, what? How do you know they boo'd your stage?

How your $20 shit online experience is going?

see
Not him but if you spot a sudden drop in Maker Points that is the cause. My courses have suddenly been inundated with Jap kids and they are fucking cancer, drop the course at any challenge. I thought they were supposed to be smart and studious like in my animes?

What game is this Bullet Bill from?

Attached: Bullet Bill.png (391x372, 98K)

It’s more or less what said.

Banzai Bill is from World. That design is an original for this game.

>post picture attached to post of levels that subtly contains very obscure fetish
>suddenly stages get a shitton of plays and likes
having a big think right now

Posting some recent 3 levels, in order of easiest to hardest

Overgrown Molehill: K75-77D-WNF
Piranha plants have infested the moles homes! Watch your step!

Glider Garden: 24M-RXF-3RF
I made a don’t touch the ground level and I think it turned out well

Treetop Bop: 7RM-PRP-35G
I made this level too long but there’s a gimmick with the trees where you gain way more momentum jumping facing the other direction you want to go

Attached: 8B5F6AE0-BB18-4F84-9A63-E0ABE98C0CE2.jpg (226x223, 6K)

>The only part that I feel could flow better is the one with the cheep cheeps.
works on my machine :^)

Attached: red-hot castle rush.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

CGD-SKQ-SJG
3 keys, 3 ways to finish! Can you find the secrets?

Partially inspired by !

Attached: dax0kd2eec77313a8b445db89336e417c92e09c_malon.jpg (357x675, 192K)

Can someone try my new level out?
>The Bomb Master's New Ride
HGT-G5-1JG
Semi difficult level with plenty of branching paths and a tough final boss.

It's a sequel to LFK-NKK-WQG, in case anyone's interested.

Attached: tiddymushroom.webm (640x360, 2.02M)

>make level, easyish traditional
>first clear takes 3 attempts, reasonable
>second play took fucking 20 plays
Jesus Christ how are people this fucking bad at mario

Attached: 2A1DFA13-7A09-4E83-BE92-897D8EA7D835.jpg (539x527, 40K)

>One of my levels hit finally hit 100 plays
Feels good. Here's a new level
>Baron Bob-omb's Clawful Cruise
Sot-so-sequel Claw-Bomb Construction, so much as a spiritual successor to my favorite level I built in the first game
C2B-XJP-QXF

Attached: Barry-B.png (310x285, 9K)

The repeated testing while making a level should make you capable of beating a level on the first try. It is more likely you're just a shitty level creator.

someone was probably routing for WR

You fucked up the level code, but I played both of them. First level was a bit weird, kinda a lack of direction but the 2nd one was much more enjoyable
Ive gotten much better at making consistent difficulty levels, this level was designed to not be very hard, and can be beaten without even touching the run button. It’s probably what said.

Whoops I totally did!
Here's the right code:
HGT-5G5-1JG

Attached: tekete tekete tekete teteke.gif (400x400, 10K)

how do i make it so only 1 coin comes out of a block? it always does multiple

Suppose I'll make a shillpost of my latest levels at this point too. Feedback appreciated.
>SMB 1-1: Backstage Tour
HD6 - Q10 - XWF
A behind the scenes look at the famous level that brought the Mario Bros into stardom.

>Cloudy with a Chance of Koopas
Q8J - WD2 - 8QF
A traditional SMB3 sky stage. Fun to speedrun, but has plenty of collectibles and such for the average player too.

>Dead-End Koopazon Warehouse Job
G84 - 4D0 - M0H
After losing your builder’s license, you’ve had to resort to other means to keep afloat in the tough Mushroom Kingdom economy. But enough is enough, and you’re going to stick it to those greedy business rats and your shitty boss, today! (collect all the red coins for a nice secret bonus)

That's pretty devilish of you user.

Attached: doublecherrywhen.jpg (481x329, 61K)

You're gonna feel really dumb when you find out the answer. I know because I couldn't figure it out myself.

Attached: 2984.jpg (300x290, 24K)

What fetish

You can only do so with ? blocks by not putting anything in them. Brick blocks either have a 10 coin, nothing, or enemy/etc. You can't do single coins in them.

why would they do that?

Thanks anons, that means a lot.

RXG-FJ4-Y8G Multitasking at Work

It's a short level that takes place in a single compact room. There is a timer and you have to multitask to finish the level. I'll let you figure out the rest. You don't need a high apm.

Attached: smug mario.jpg (254x294, 28K)

Very cool man. Looked awesome and I think you nailed a good balance of lit rooms and dark rooms. The boo chase was sweet and the atmospheres killer.

Attached: Pitch Black Mansion.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

Finally getting caught up on everyone. Cloudy with a chance of koopas was so much fun man. Tons to do and play around with, and like you said, its fun to zip through it too. Looks really nice on top of it the gold walls compliment the clouds well.

Attached: Cloudy with a chance of Koopas.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Because that's how it happens in regular Mario levels?

the green snake sound sounds like tickling

Currently crusing through yours. I really like your remixes of original stages, they're pretty fun, and the one you posted is a pretty faithful recreation of Bomb-omb Battlefield, I was able to identify all the key parts easily.

Freeze-OFF Fields was really nice too, very pretty and the switch mechanic was implemented well there. Got a few more to play but nice stuff overall man.

Attached: Bowser Jrs Starlight Fortress.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Thanks anons, that means a lot.

Attached: mario snow cool pretty.png (1260x702, 1.16M)

Raiding Mole Raider Hideout - KWF-BHP-4MG

I worked really long and hard on this one but it doesn't seem to be getting nearly as good reception as my other levels.

Attached: monty mole.png (400x444, 145K)

this shitty camera is messing up all my vertical level ideas

Attached: balancing act.webm (640x360, 2.21M)

Glad you enjoyed it!
There's something refreshing about making basic traditional levels after having made so many more complicated ones.

If you want something very similar of mine that's like Cloudy try this out (if you haven't played it already of course):
>Blue Boo Hullabaloo
SKV - XM3 - 4GG

Attached: 1556333229774.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Lol I already did. I liked that one too but im on a profile knockout rampage right now.

I'll give it a go after I wrap these next few up

who is this Milly! bitch? Sounds like a tranny to me

She is one of the great 6 legendary based players of Yea Forums

enough with this meme there's way more than six

Dang that shit was funny. I dunno why but that big mole on the treadmill split my sides with how fast he boogied. I liked the opening segment too with the spike helmet some ironic justice there haha.

Attached: Raiding Mole Raider Hideout.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Really appreciate the kind words, thanks for playing it!

CDR-GT0-JBG
Level based around an ant colony. Features a ton of slopes, I had a lot of fun making it. I think it should be a good challenge.

i made a map about exploring an abandoned ship. please lemme know what you think!
3QX-RL6-31G

Attached: 1563692564580.png (3000x1688, 1.13M)

Now THIS is a based player.

good spooky ship my man. maybe a tad too long but still good shit

that makes me super happy to hear. please link a map of your own if youd like me to play!

Really enjoyed the sense of momentum this level has, I imagine it’d be pretty fun to try and speedrun.

Thanks! And yeah, I tried my best to provide speedrunning options. If you're good enough, you can rush through almost every part.

Really loved the moment where the car starts falling apart in this one, it’s got a lot of inventive ideas and had me chuckling more than once, good stuff.

Thanks! I always end up wanting to make my levels cinematic, and my cliche is making enemies pretend to have good AI by using weapons and shit.