What's your favorite Underrail Expedition BGM jack?

What's your favorite Underrail Expedition BGM jack?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dG_vK7-svWs
underrailDOTinfo.tm/build/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay redpill me on Tranquility versus Psychosis.
Does it boil down to better critical chance and one guaranteed crit vs inflated psi costs and higher AP cost?
It seems like you can alaready reach at least 50% crit chance on Tranquility builds if you're abusing Last Stand's 1 HP state to safely trigger Survival Instincs after a few turns of extreme crowd control.
Is Psionic Mania REALLY worth enduring such a limited psi pool and inflated cast prices? Your entire game plan is going to be Psionic Mania into Stasis into Psionic Mania which sounds plain stupid.

Attached: 1555478261298.jpg (384x252, 43K)

Will we ever get an OP with a different picture?

If I want to max lockpicking but my character has 1 DEX, would you still get lockpicking or is DEX too important for lockpicking?

Gray Army Base

yeah yeah your game's fine OP relax a bit

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations about how to optimize shotguns? Like what feats to rush, what weapons to pair it with, sneaky-breeki vs tank-boi, etc.

Attached: 57456383.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

tl;dr, yes
on an demand crit is such an absurdly valuable tool if you know how to use it.

I really really really like this picture though.

Has the game changed much since release? I was stuck doing this mission where I had to catch some critters which was nigh impossible because of the way combat works. Also I was getting bodied by everything because combat in general was unbalanced.

Crit perks shotgun perks and stealth, been doing just fine with a tac vest on DOMINATING
Picked aimed shot to get some use out of sniper because sometimes you just need to delete something at long range and it pairs well with said crit perks.

If you're having trouble catching hoppers even with no stealth you can just get close to them, enter combat manually and capture in the same turn. That or just spam throwing nets

>shotgun with max 300 damage
>specialized barrel stare
>perfect scattering
>sixth shell
>20p shells on lightly armored target
I'm ready to slaughter

holy fuck you know you can just put the traps right in the entrance to the cave? then just wait few seconds

Why waste traps and time to set them up when you can just run up to them?

Sormirbaeren's ambient, probably.

Haven't got to listen to any yet because I keep restarting.
You know what though, speaking of music. I see people always posting the Protectorate theme, and yes that theme is great and all, but for me? It's gotta be the Foundry theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=dG_vK7-svWs
It has a very very slow build up of ambience but that part starting from 2:36. My god, I can't get enough of it. There's just something about this track that I really enjoy. It invokes an emotion in me but I can't put my finger on which one it is. At first I was going to say it's melancholic, and maybe it is but I could be just confused. One thing I know for sure though is there's a sort of heavy feeling to the theme.
Man I don't know, it's just fucking great.
Foundry is my favorite place in the game. Easily.

Attached: The Foundry.jpg (2077x1167, 463K)

yeah on psion if the run out i just initate combat and electocute them all at once. But that's how i did it when i didnt know about the combat initiation anyway hopper traps can't be use for much else so you're not wasting anything

or net them whatever you want

It is valuable but honestly, Locus of Control is just as busted and far easier to use on Tranquility without burning through psi pool.
Can Hemapsychosis kill you?

Started the Faceless part of the game. Should I go to Core City, Foundry or Rail Crossing

We do and its annoying. This is how an underrail thread should be.

LoC on a tranq build is ridiculous. The game becomes almost mindnumbing at that point.

Are crossbows _fun_?

Attached: 5465478.jpg (1300x957, 89K)

rail crossing

>not forcing enemies to fight each other while sipping coffee and smiling behind the safety of your psi barrier

So are combat shotguns better than regular with the 10% blanket nerf and 6th shell buff or what?

I thought I was just autistic but I always fucking loved the Foundry and it's music too. Entering it for the first time was when I really started to "get" Underrail's setting.

Yar. You just have to make sure you utilize the special crossbow bolts or you're gonna have a bad time. And realize that its a sniper build, and not an up close combat build.

I've always used pump shotties over combat, but I've been one or two shotting most things at close range, so yeah I'd say so

either is fine. Do you want to use CC effects more? Go Tranq. Do you like heavy Metathermics? Go Psychosis. Psych gets on-demand crit and can make use of neural overclocking well. NO is not so great on Tranq.

I played Tranq until level 14 and then rerolled to Psychosis, currently level 16. The psy cost increase doesn't matter a whole lot. With a Doctor's Belt and rewinding CDs, I still pump out spells every turn, and that crit on demand means I usually end fights quickly as well.

In the xpac there's a way for psychosis to get more psi pool outside of the headband feat, too. Play whichever sounds more fun; Tranq can spam CCs easier, Psychosis can nuke way harder.

I'm gonna have to try that out sometime.

don't forget psychosis can add 10% more crit to the 30% chance via specialization. Add a crit hat, and you're at 50% already.

I've got an absurdly strong shotgun build. I'm not playing on dominating like the other guy who replied that is running the crit shotgun build because I exclusively play Hard, it's the perfect difficulty level IMO, and this build is giving me the easiest time of any build I've used in the past honestly and trust me I've made at bare minimum 20 characters in this game.
I'm playing a lightly armored shotgun build, with some TM psi thrown in for support. The build has a heavy focus on movement points, I've taken things like Hit and Run, Sprint and I've got enough agility to pick up things like Strider in the future, the reason MP plays a big roll is because of the need to get in close to shoot things point blank, but also to allow you to retreat to more favorable places after you've done so.
Feats = pick related

Attached: Shotty 1.jpg (2555x1271, 550K)

it only costs 20% more. You can still cast it on Psychosis, and you're usually not going to Enrage back to back. You'll LoC it once and then jack off pressing spacebar, regening psi anyways

>psionics can make ultra specialsed headgear that can be literally customised down to a single skill with dozens and dozens of different variations
>melee can wear a balaclava, i guess
thanks styg

How hard can psychosis nuke? Having like 15 Distortions each of which procs for at least 300 unresistable damage seems to be fairly hard to beat as far as damage goes even with the cryokinetic orb.

kevlar balaclava and metal helmet arent that bad

It's 20% more plus being locked out of Meditation so it's pretty substantial even if you stack the -psi cost gear.

literal thousands of damage

You already yeet hard enough with melee as it is, embrace the almighty slav hat

Attached: 179e6b24c74638aec256f058ab7dd24f.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Anybody have a fun shotgun build they want to share? I'm looking to be inspired here.

So like distortions.
How much exactly?

I tried a full TM build. It works, no doubt about it. But how many turns does it take to set up? You also can't cast that shit on CC'd people anymore as per the patch.

If you just spam it, you have to wait 2 turns to proc, 2 turns for the spread ones to proc, etc etc, and the chance was nerfed by 10%.

You can "precast" by casting one distortion on every enemy AROUND the main nuke the turn before it goes off (so when it spreads it only has 1 turn to go), but again, you're waiting around.

I'd rather just press my guaranteed crit, press fireball, and have the fight be over. You still have LoC to CC everyone if you want, but I just don't need to use it for that.

Based. I've always got the impression that most people dislike the Foundry. It's peak Underrail though IMO.

Is this crafted SMG on the left better if I have spec ops and 50AP?

Attached: 2019-08-01_1554_1.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

not really. It's only felt in the beginning of the game, but it was so easy shit stomping everything anyways it didn't matter much.

You get 30 psi from Philosophy, and another 15 from the headbands if you want (I didn't even take that feat and probably won't).

>That portrait
You LARPing a crackwhore or what?

Attached: psychosis and tranquility.png (446x310, 278K)

I unironically am.

I broke down at level 15 guys and took Pack Rathound. Am I a bad person?

Any good weapons with heavy armor that don't use sledgehammer or assault rifle?

anybody find any use for the Zlatortiya currency you get for gray army base?

probably no use since they dont speak the language and you time traveled right...

>aluminizedbalaclava.jpg

>But how many turns does it take to set up? You also can't cast that shit on CC'd people anymore as per the patch.
Two and you can. The only thing fixed by the patch is the fact TD's damage never woke people up or shattered the Cryostasis which means everyone is still cucked under your mass Mental Breakdown.
Plus nobody even forces you to take the ripples. If you're on full 4 school true wizard you will have Thermodynamic Destabilization right after Depot A. Stack distortions on the toughest bastard, tag him with TD, watch fireworks.

based
Shame on you, that's what random containers are for

Crit Damage bonus of Neural Overclocking is 30% and you can crit on demand every 5 turns (4 with specialization and 3 with TM rewind ability).

It hits hard, not to mention like 60% of your normal casts crit without even stacking much crit.

>Ladelman freaks out when he realises you're the invictus
I literally haven't even left core city yet and i'm already enjoying the expansion

Yes, but get a muzzle break on it before you craft it

Godspeed user

I did the same at like 18, there's too much nice stuff during Expedition, and being on a perpetual timer made ferrying loot back to base too much of a commitment

Spears are fucking insane damage-wise. Throwing spears particularly, crits up to 1200 with a tungsten spear. Though im not doing a pure throwing build, 14 Str which boosts the dmg significantly. With the Specialization on it you get it down to 10 AP

Smell my fingers, jack.

Attached: ezra.png (510x546, 19K)

why even cast TD at that point? I just destabilize, proxy, insta crit, LOL super crit fist x 2.

Not even going to go into what a waste of points 4 school psi is. If you have TC, PK, and TM you really don't need MT.

they're fucking busted, i've got to assume styg will nerf them in the next patch.

So I just cleared depot A and shit and now am at buzzers shop. And wtf, even though I sneaked in, the faceless fuck my shit up like crazy.
Doing a gun assault rifle build. Is there any trick fighting those motherfuckers? Level 9 here.

Oh, I haven't gone over there yet. Nice though, that makes me feel better. I left out Future Orientation in my build for it.

What kind of armor pairs well with spears? I've seen people shit on riot+shield and others praising it what's your take

Philosophy only gets you 15. You need to stack it with headbands to receive a little more than Meditation gives you, and Meditation still stacks with both headbands and Philosophy for a pretty ridiculous psi pool.
Another huge draw of psychosis is AP cost. Minus 5 AP on every single cast is extremely substantial. You can nuke the initial crowd with psychosis but if there's leftover enemies you may find yourself very short on CC options and even Tranquility has access to less reliable crits. Actually i'm pretty interested how psychosis deals with natives in DLC since you're wide open after nuking half of their wave at best.

He already nerfed spear throw and quick tinker. Yet psi remains untouched and unstoppable.

Bison stuff is pretty gud and is this armour model new?

Attached: underrail_XTjXq05h61.png (626x711, 270K)

did you know that stasis pauses the countdown on distortions? You can apply probably like 30.

He already nerfed them yesterday, but god forbid he fixes anything about broken ass psi because he has a boner for cave wizards.

Playing on hard and its not super easy and you have strong burst but still vulnerable to nets and kiting

>Though im not doing a pure throwing build
Except for some movement feats, what would enhance a throw based build?

>Bison stuff is pretty gud
Pig is still bettter imo. Better HP bonus, resists are not much lower given it has 7% less penalty. Higher base quality of bison doesn't mean much given the dimshing returns of infusing.

>is this armour model new
Yes.

Attached: infusedpigarmor.png (280x608, 217K)

Don't think that's a new model.

So should I go with oddities or classic for experience?

There's no waste of points. MT is ridiculously good on both Tranquility and Psychosis, it's a component for some of the strongest psionic combos in the game, especially on Dominating where it can remove a single enemy no matter how strong he is.
TD cannot be resisted by virtually anything in the game which gives it utility over telekinetic punch with proxy.

Oddity

Don't ask that question here anymore.

>but god forbid he fixes anything about broken ass psi because he has a boner for cave wizards
Ripple was nerfed. It's down to 25% from 35%, and the specialization adds only 20% more instead of 30% for the same 10 point investment.

Classic if you want the true patrician experience, oddity if you want to go junk diving and enjoy visual novels more than combat games.

Did you guys give your character's any quirks?

For me; I made my dude a Root Soda lover

Whenever he visits a settlement the first place he goes is wherever food is sold. He'll happily sell precious items and even sell some of his ammo reserve when in dire straits just for the sake of getting a bottle of the stuff. He'll carry it around while exploring and fighting and only part with it once it's safely back home.

Attached: 5467484.jpg (1000x1000, 157K)

First thread I've been in pal

You guys lied to me. This isn't like a roguelike at all, instead its another of those boring isometric walking simulators with shit and micromanagement for interface and abusing a single gimmick mechanic suited for your character for combat.

dominating

Attached: jdd5yx[1].jpg (1920x1080, 555K)

Don't listen to him, he thinks he's on his discord and can censor shit he doesn't like.

Anyone know where I can get a muzzle brake?

you just won't have that -5 every fight unless you went high Stealth or high Initiative which both require investments.

>spearhead without an A-A scope
Oh shit nigga what are you doing, there many better sources of crit chance while there's barely any of crit damage.

Attached: 250520_20190710013022_1.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

There is some retard who trolls hard 24/7 here so I won't comment any further on this to avoid derailing the thread, but read this.

If the dev himself can't convince you, nothing will.

Attached: oddity.jpg (650x690, 89K)

can someone help me with a sniper build? Should i put all my points in perception?

Yes im doing the Riot armor build. If you're going for the melee skills for Spears id say Str is the right attribute. Its been really strong so far, you block all damage from mechs thats not sledge, crossbow or other hardhitting. Combined with throwing you and the Specialization for lowering AP on spear throiw you get 2 attacks and a spear throw every turn. Im also doing Temporal Manipulation. Not sure how worth that one is, you can probably become tanky without it.

keep checking weapon shops and engineer merchants
if you haven't got the drill parts yet they might not spawn, not sure

>Ben Garrison
>Shotgun/Sniper Build
Based

sorry bre, this was for you

LMFAO who the fuck said this was a roguelike??

what if you get crippling strike'd

Got some chem pistol questions:

How early can you get one of the 3 chem pistols?

What's a good balance on dex/per?

Which body armour should I use?

And was for you

odddity, don't listen to the retard thats inevitably going to spam classic to ruin your game, hes dedicated to it since he needs validation but nobody here wants to give it to him

classic is an older experience model that isn't supported anymore but the devs kept it, but the game is balanced around oddity, classic will get you overleveled and ruin your experience

the only people that play classic is the casuals that want to kill rats until they are max level then steamroll the game with no effort

>thought it was a roguelike
>doesn't know what a walking sim is
poor lost little zoomer, away with ye to the latest Smash or Sony moviegame thread

You will thanks to the new regen medicine that continues to heal you for the next few turns.
Besides, what matters is your initial turn. Thanks to how busted the Contraction + Vitality Powder is, your first turn is going to feel like a fucking eternity.

Attached: 1533538649761.jpg (589x451, 83K)

No, I meant that the dev himself says oddity is the way the game was designed and classic will overlevel you and was only left in as a relic.

Latest patch btw. Quick tinkering, spears and spreading temporal distortions nerfed, shotguns generally rebalanced.
>Shotguns are now perfectly balanced and there's no need to think about it further
kek

Attached: patch.png (1648x592, 81K)

You, you're part of the problem
I'd say classic if you want an actually fun combat experience withouth much bs. Oddity if you're more into collecting and exploration and checking every junk pile.
In the end they're both the right way to play, just for different qualities of people.

>melee can wear a balaclava
Shaded helm so you can flashbang yourself.

Tranq is fine and got helped the most by the expansion, but Psychosis got nice stuff too, especially with the specialization making psychosis itself worth it and not something you just suffered through to get Psionic Mania.

I would still pick Tranq for Dominating, but Psychosis is more fun to me.

oh ok well I already started an oddity game.

I've been here since day one and can testify that it was the oddity faggots posting this that started the entire debate.
If oddity faggots can just shut up with the superiority complex of playing on a "harder" difficulty, we could all get along.
Now please respond to this post with the typical. "Ok bro, just remember you are playing on easy mode and are cheating" reply that you guys always do to inflame the debate.

Uncanny Dodge. Melee attackers will never be a problem for me in all honesty, minus Crawlers I suppose because they're just a pain in the ass. If I get the drop on them they usually die in 1 shot but for the time being anyway they usually get me first which is irritating.
The builds primary strength is unironically how much of a defensive machine I am. Besides all of the survival abilities I have, it's also incredibly easy to create distance/close distance with the build. Between Kneecap shot, Psycho Temporal Dilation, Sprint and Hit and Run I am without a doubt covered.

Good man, the game is 90% combat anyways so the idea that you "get to fight" on classic is pants on head.

I just can't really imagine playing a build without crafting/hacking/lockpicking

Finna bouta get ALL UP in that expansion's ass, I need a good psi build never played those before.

This was good enough to get a (you). Dat inferiority complex is spectacular. You're not a WW2 gypsy, faggot.

based, you teach them bro i lost my patience with the classicfag

>not even 100 posts in and we've already derailed (heh) into another oddity vs classic shitfest

Attached: ork.png (314x638, 75K)

Psychosis needs pretty much a full specialization to get less shitty though. At best you're left with 5 specialization points and they will most likely go into making Mania and Hemopsychosis better. Meanwhile Tranquility is completely free in terms of specialization decisions.

psychosis - take psychostatic electricity if you want, neural overclocking
tranq - take whatever you want, but those two feats above lose lustre, try Ripple and/or cerebral trauma.

All builds should take Force User at 4, their school's bonus at 6 (100% crit or more psi pool) and LoC at 14.

8 Will, 8 Int, 8 Con or Agi will dominate on normal. Raise Will to 10 as you get more stat points. Even if you dump Con for Agi the build will steamroll pretty quickly.

just oddityfags reeing at the idea of someone having fun, water is wet

im gonna try it
what equipment should i focus on. all evasion/dodge stuff?

Also, don't play psi builds because they are overpowered and will ruin your experience by trivializing all the fights. Its essentially easy mode and is akin to cheating. You don't want to be one of the classicfags that play on cheating mode right?
Right, you should play the game I want you to play it and "challenge" yourself to play on builds/modes that are designed to be more challenging.

like, what are you supposed to do when someone asks what he should play on first run? should we just all say you shoose yourself or give advice? stop being retarded.

>base defense against pirates
>chuckers spawn with tier 4 grenades
>stormers have tier 3s and molotovs
>theres still crossbowfuckers

those poor troopers die nearly instantly if i dont solo the horde away from them

>toss a nade
>toss a flashbang
>let them stand around while my nade cooldown comes up
Such is life on DOMINATING.

I do have crafting though. Just not Tailoring because I already have armor sets I want to use in mind anyway. Mechanics is all that's needed to create shotguns. Chemistry is for creating my grenades. I'll have Biology too, it's just not listed on the build (you can see I have like 180 points left over because I'm not sure when to start/stop raising certain skills). That's like 3 out of 5 crafting skills m8.
As for lockpicking and hacking, well, I used to think they were almost mandatory but I've played 3 characters without either of them now and I've not really missed them. In fact I'm happy I've been able to drop em to pick up 2 other skills for once.

>Another poor soul shoved into the oddity meme
When will it stop?

distortion ripple with specialization is the best ability in the game

This is too much for Yea Forums to handle but ideally, tell him the truth about each mode, don't suggest just report the difference in experience.

you don't have to take that, though. You CAN if you want a big bonus of 10% more crit, but there's a case for neural overlocking 20% more crit damage, too.

You're pretty much locked into Psycho-temporal Acceleration for 4 points if you take the talent either way.

Or I just build my own build that sounds fun and see how it works

How prone is this game to min maxing?
All I read here "you want to use weapon X better use ammo Y" and "Z is good but V is shit".

so if oddity is the was it was supposed to be played by the dev i can't mention it because classicfag will sperg out? What is this? Kindergarten?

That's the best way to play by far. Having other people workshop your builds will just take the fun out of it.

its inevitable, people who just start the game will always ask what they should play, then they will be told to play oddity and then the autist will barge in and start making drama on how classic is not easymode and then have a mental breakdown when hes told to fuck off, it will happen every thread

sorry idk what the fuck i'm writing but you get the point sometimes i forget to write words i'm thinking

Just play normal/hard and you won't have to worry about minmax

All I did was show him what the dev himself said. That triggers the classicfag really hard every time, but I couldn't care less.

If he googles the question, it's going to show everyone saying Oddity as well. It's not fucking rocket science to suggest the game be played the way it was designed.
>hey bro should I play on normal or "story mode"
>oh gee it's up to you, story mode is really easy
>"WHAT THE FUCK STORY MODE IS FINE FUCKING NORMALFAGS I'M OPPRESSED
deal with it.

Send help

Attached: augh.jpg (115x47, 2K)

>That's like 3 out of 5 crafting skills m8.
yeah but you're missing the most important one
How decent is a shotgun as a secondary? My .44 hammerer is great for killing things that get close(especially rapid fire just dominating them) but I'm having a hard time dealing with multiple enemies. What are the different frames like?

Attached: electronics.jpg (435x657, 102K)

>he thinks Uncanny Dodge will save him from stealthy knifefags
I wish you good luck, as you will need it.

For armor just make sure you don't use anything that exceeds the 15% armor penelty limit. That still gives you a VERY good choice of shit to wear.
If you're copying that build exactly then the Gray Army Officers armour is quite fucking good, as is the Rathound Kings gear. I prefer Tabi for boots, gives move speed, move points, and a ton of dodge and evasion as well which is perfect.
Try get a hold of the shotgun belt too of course.
Build your own shotguns with mechanics and you'll tear shit apart very easily. You shouldn't have any difficulty in the early game once you have your shotgun. I've been breezing through everything so far.

The dev thinks of himself as a balancefag so things are pretty finely tuned on higher difficulties, yeah.

easy and normal you have freedom. even hard.
still cant be a retard and put skills into everything.

>the autist will barge in and start making drama on how classic is not eas
As an outside party who doesn't give a shit about this non-issue my take is: oddity shills are the first to come out of the woodworks to tell people what to do and the loudest by far, take from that what you will.

Should I take nimble on a light spear build?

moreso than most isometrics, probably. On par with Kingmaker for autismo min-max on the harder difficulties.

Just don't put your points in shit randomly and specialize and you'll be a-ok

Attached: esl.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Can't decide which faction I should side with in Core City. Does it matter much?

It's a nice thing to have, especially with dodge/evasion, but by no means necessary.

there is no such thing as an oddity "shill": it is *literally* the intended setting and anyone who points it out is simply stating it as it is. if anything classicfags are the ones promoting a game mode for no reason (probably insecurity and virginity)

what problem

>as an outside party

Attached: 1564612450378.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

>You are like littLE babby Watch this

Attached: Untitled.jpg (575x476, 58K)

Each faction gets a unique vendor, Prae gets guns and metal armor, JKK gets crossbows, leather armor, traps, Coretech gets hi tech parts and weapons

anybody else think that the pirate vendor's inventory sucks? its all quality 40-80 shit, and nothing even interesting at that. i swear the core city merchants are still better, if they werent so far.

Attached: u.jpg (1920x1080, 453K)

What would be alternatives to take at level 1, if my other feat is sprint?

I will level evasion, but I don''t think I will need dodge with a spear

>classic xp

I'm actually at the point of picking as well. I'm guessing as psi just do whatever because none of those look useful

>most of them resist flashbang
what u gonna do now wh*the boi

Go with coretech for the electronics parts

>no compass
yikes

assmad falseflagging retard

coretech is by far the best vendor for psi if you can craft your own headbands. they sell electronic parts, mostly.

who knows, who cares not engaging in this pointlessness.
>he memes in a singleplayer game. now thats a yikes.

m8 I've been shitting on stealthy knifefags so far. Lurkers and Muggers etc get bodied by me.
Literally the only stealthy enemy which is annoying as fuck is the Crawler enemies purely because even if you uncanny dodge their sting, they STILL climb onto the ceiling and fuck off until it wears off then they just sting you again. Once my dodge gets high enough though I assume I'll have a decent chance at dodging them, and if not I'll just have to invest in some detection goggles and make liberal use of flares.
I always usually take electronics, I wanted a change.
>How decent is a shotgun as a secondary?
If you didn't have a weapon that was good at killing things close then I'd say it's excellent, but if your hammerer is doing a good job at that then you may not need to switch it up. Shotgun does damage multiple things if they're all close together but the aoe damage is not crazy high or anything, it's more like chip damage. It's actually good for softening humans up just enough that they don't use a stim so that when you do get around to making them as the primary target they go down in 1 shot.
>What are the different frames like?
Personally I only use Vindicator, and probably always will. Not interested in the combat shotguns so I left my strength at 5.

whats the starting attributes

What's with the compass meme? I have no idea why you'd ever need it.

>meme

i wish you could rotate the camera but i understand why you can not

Don't give him attention

The Dev is making a suggestion to play Oddity. Whereas I am suggesting to leave to suggestions, just facts. You are so dishonest if you think what you did was not biased.

but why?

If you don't really care about intimidation and TM receiving a penalty, feel free to drop Will to 3 and put the point elsewhere, in constitution or something maybe. I like having it be neutral though.
If you want to use combat shotguns, make sure you put 6 points into strength. I don't though.

the oddity fascists will never stop. granted, at this point theres almsot an equal amount of classicucks here. i hate both sides now. i kinda wish styg would just pick one at this point... dont even care which as much as wanting one universal xp system.

I remember scouring everything to find one but couldnt find it, so I bit the bullet and just made it with a high res scope

Shouldn't you always go max Will at char-gen though? And what should my skills look like? I know I need to Craft, and Hack, and Lockpick, and Persuade, AND Mercantile, how do I fit in Stealth AND all 4 Psi skills with all of that?

>Not interested in the combat shotguns so I left my strength at 5.
Best one only needs 5 anyway

Attached: There it is.jpg (302x858, 76K)

The dev himself gave you a compass as the VERY first item and he said oddity is the way to play apparently.
That means you must use both oddity and compass all the time or people will shit on you or something because the dev thinks you should use it or something.
Never underestimate autism.

t. classicfag

The dev can get fucked. Oddity sucks because you have to check literally every fucking last stupid corner of every area in the small chance the game might have shoved an Oddity in there. Thats fucking retarded. It also makes combats largely optional to boot, because they're a waste of resources, making Stealth overpowered and a must have by default. Fuck Oddity.

Just learned how great Sprint is, and how important kiting people around vision is to win fights.

In the 2015-16 threads, nobody gave a fuck if you played oddity or classic.

>m8 I've been shitting on stealthy knifefags so far. Lurkers and Muggers etc get bodied by me.
With 9 CON I can believe that. Even if you get unlucky, bump into one and get crippling strike'd on turn one, you can still shrug the damage off, pop adrenaline and go to town.

That said, have you fought crabs yet? They have crippling strike too and they the opposite of a squishy knifefag.

Don't you ever get bored? At least put on a trip so I can filter you

why do people keep posting that thing?
if you're going to be bursting, use a tyranny for 5 shot burst and a vindicator to follow it up with 6th shell

You don't really need all of those. Focus on 2-3 Psi abilities and 3 crafting abilities at the start, raise the psi every level, raise crafting as you need them, keep stealth, hack and lockpick and if you have points leftover you can dabble in persuade or mercantile but probably not both. As far as will goes, by the time you need 10 will you'll have it already even if you start with 8. You can always go 10 right away then though and just throw the extra stats in con or something later.

>combat being optional in a combat game
>oddities not having so many everywhere in duplicates that you will get 10x the amount you need for that item
based retard

>he didn't completely eradicate the pirates because they took your jetski, violating the NAP and thus condoning a morally acceptable genocide

Attached: 1556310072160.jpg (1596x1196, 1.18M)

is biocorp pronounced with the P or not, like corp-oration or like a corp of troops?

>That said, have you fought crabs yet? They have crippling strike too and they the opposite of a squishy knifefag.
Nope, haven't done any Expedition content just yet. I keep fuckin' rerolling bro.

damn that sounds fun

I have to assume it's like corporation.

thats exactly why it never used to be a problem, now you have functional retards like who are completely obbsessed about it.

Which of these would be the best for a stealth/smg build?

Attached: boom.jpg (273x100, 13K)

i want to see whats in the other direction :(

Just finished my first game with stealth/traps/melee run, but didnt get to wear any heavy armour because of that. Now im wondering how to make the tank build. At first i thought melee as well but dont you lose too much mp for this to be viable.

>As an outside party
You are a genuine lunatic. I hope you understand that.

You just want to perv under female Abrams trench coat, just admit it.

that 5th shot requires full auto which is 7 strength

6th shell changed bro and that thing killed tchort in two (2) bursts.

I'm a lunatic because i don't take sides in a pointless troll argument? okay.

just bought the game, is classic basically the easy mode in terms of progression?

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.74M)

You'll level significantly faster to a degree that will offset the balance of the game substantially. Whether that matters to you or not is up to you.

classic is the intended way to play. get rewarded for the deeds you do, rather than dumpster diving and going on a wild scavenger hunt the entire game.

classic = hunter
oddity = gatherer

stay mad, odditards

No, you are a Lunatic because you casted Mental Breakdown on him.

Classic is easy mode. Even the developer of the game has outright stated that it's unbalanced and you'll level much much faster than in Oddity mode. We have one autist in these threads who spergs out because he's a classic shitter though despite the entire thread laughing at his retarded ass.
Go Oddity. It's the true experience.

>pictures taken moments before disaster

classic was the beta exp system, oddity was added prior to release and is what the game is balanced for. Yes, if you play on classic you level faster overall. The choice is yours.

can we have one (1) comfy thread? Please?

>knife man fighting packs of rathounds
shid

how much slower is the leveling on oddity than classic? is it significantly slower or just 1-4 levels ahead like everybody says?

It's actually quite fast until you hit level 20 and need to start robbing every house and area for oddities.

and you don't have 8 strength for metal armor why?

Attached: 1545640095810.jpg (630x421, 51K)

Average run on classic hits level cap around the oligarch quests. Same on oddity will only get there about halfway through Deep Caverns.

i might switch over then, i dont like classic after lvl 16 cause it start to go too quickly, it dosnt slow down as much as it should. so oddity would help with this?

only concern is people say i have to open literally every container in the world... and i dont plan on taking hacking. will i suffer latter on, or is it trivial?

WHAT THE FUCK, I JUST WANTED TO GET MY DICK WET BUT THIS BITCH IS FUCKING CRAZY

Its a bit random imo. You can be level 10 before finishing junkyard or level 7 after junkyard. All depends how lucky you get and if you know where to look for different oddities.

Good thing I'm a throwing boy

not entirely sure what you mean

Between the compasspill, the oddpill, and the psipill which is the hardest to swallow?

Attached: 1561342972233.jpg (500x473, 116K)

Sneaky's pisspill

I found rathounds with a knife easier than with psi.

It all depends on how much exploration you do. Oddity essentially forces you to explore parts of the map that are unrelated to the main questline. Whereas if you were to do the same in the classic it would overlevel you by about 3-5 levels is the avg I keep seeing.

I think 25 in DC on classic, it depends on how much exploration you do. Which is why I personally prefer classic, I'm not forced to do a ton of exploration to get levels. Oddity is honestly fine too.

Just use those flares bre

The compass is literally a joke item, lmao

you will be 4-5 levels more around mid game, and even more around the late game, classic doesn't slow down like oddity does

>Compass
Seems useful so ill keep it
>Oddity
I just play the game like any other by looting everything
>Psi
Seems like something ill mess with later

>The compass is literally a joke item
I like having the arrows above my character's head though, helps finding Wally again after I move the screen around too much.

at what point does it start getting hard to level on oddity? i like the idea of getting to say, lvl 16-20 relatively quick but then a massive slowdown. will oddity do that better for me?

What feats should I be looking at? These new psi feats look alright. I should still take the tk fist buffing one right away though, right? And what the fuck do I take for my first level?

Pretty big. You can end up doing the first major dungeon at level 6-7 on oddity and 12 on classic.

By average run I mean
>went to all stations and done some but not all quests
>explored most of the map but not necessarily every single lunatic and ironhead camp
>probably joined at least one of the optional factions and did their quests

Sticking only to the main quest is something different, and I don't see that often unless it's replaying.

which one would that be?

with major dungeon you mean depot A right? you can hit oddity 8-9 before it

Box her fucking lights out lad

>C9 Sneaky will never piss in your mouth while in drag

Fist buff and packrathound are safe bets to start. I'm in the middle of moving today or I'd open the game up and take a thorough look. Main thing is choosing whether you'd build toward psychosis or tranquility, both have ups and downs and hopefully someone with more time can illuminate them for you.

Depot A in Junkyard. You definitely can be higher by the time you do it on Oddity, but it's not uncommon for me to go in around the level I mentioned.

exactly around 16 - 18, then it gets exponentially harder

You need to use it once to know what the game considers to be the north, after that yeah it's useless.

It literally points north while in your inventory, no need to use it.

You have no way to know that if you don't use it once.

It was different for me this time with Expedition. Fast until 15, then it almost came to a complete halt in Black Sea for 16-17, then it picked up again and didn't slow down until 25.

That's good to know. I'm still doing Core City and have Foundry to go and I'm 16. I didn't want to get past 17-18 before heading to the expansion area

>getting lost back when the game didn't have a map

Attached: DLIvocmUIAAYr7J.jpg orig.jpg (628x550, 50K)

I'm going to make a chem pistols/throwing build. How much PER do I need, really? I'm afraid of making a build without stealth.

Only a problem if you put the game down for a long time and saved in a cave. Then, yeah, you were gonna wander around a bunch.
Golden rule: stick to the cardinal direction your picked.

For a pistol build you start with 10 dex and 9-10 per then level dex until you hit your desired AP reduction breakpoint and put rest of points into perception.

H-how's this look to start with, guys? First time, got the expansion obviously.

Attached: 1540789973768.jpg (1917x837, 1.08M)

Remember that chem pistols get a belt that reduces AP cost by 4

if you have the con, no reason to not take fast metabolism. Int should be 8.

yeah i think on my next runs im perma going oddity, only for the slowdown. i perfer the MEANS of getting xp in classic -by doing deeds- but its too fast, i hit max before i am even close to the end.

Why 8? Is there something I'm missing that I should have?

First off you don't really need mercantile unless you want to buy a pimpin jetski for cheaper, persuasion is much more useful though you can have both on a high will character
2nd you should use the build calculator for both screenshots and planning your build
underrailDOTinfo.tm/build/

That sounds worse than the belt that gives 50% damage.

huh

People are going to have disagreements on this, but I go 10 int on psi characters. It's not even about the regen; that's just a bonus.

It's because you're trying to balance 3-4 schools of primary offense vs a gun build having 1 + some throwing. You basically need the int if you want to get crafting reasonably high at a reasonable time. That's a big advantage of energy pistols; it's a damage stat + giving you more skill points.

If you don't care about that, it's fine. As I said, the regen is icing on the cake.

>memethermics instead of chad control
that's a yikers especially because dio was control freak a persuaded /intimidated people to do his bidding

I just got to junkyard and realized I botched my character a bit by speccing into too many things rather than just maxxing out a handful

Should I just restart since I'm not too far in, or will I get enough levels to compensate for it later on? Level 6 atm

How will I do damage without metathermics though, aren't all of the good damage powers in there?

that's really early, and you'll catch up again quickly on the second go. I'd just restart

Hexagon sounds fucking amazing.
Underrail 2 with Hexagon and cyber modifications when

Temporal Distortion is the ability with the highest damage potential in the game.
You only lose on Thermodynamic Destabilization

omegalol nah bro neural overload temporal distortion can kill anything psychokinesis has some good dmg abilities also. I roll with 2 damage abilities and never had a problem distortion/overload

you can even just put 30 points into psychokinesis for force field nad just max 2 trees TM/TC and be perfectly fine no matter what. I like to put 45 points into psychokinesis for elektrokinetic imprint because it's very good ability but i could basicaly survive with just 2 trees without any point in memethermics or psychokinesis if i have LoC but the two stuns help a shit ton earlygame.

>Can't bribe Evelyn for sex when you hack + lockpick your way into her death bunker and download her diary entries onto a flash drive
>Can't straight up tell her that she is literally yours to do whatever the fuck you want with from now on
>Can't tie her down to the bed and rail the ever living fuck out of her
Uh, Styg, what the fuck? I want to stick my dick in crazy and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to.

Attached: 1252364566796967.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

depends on how badly you messed up
if you're still maxing out your main combat skills then you should be fine
with the DLC there's an extra 5 levels so way more skill points and an easier time leveling with extra oddities

Hows this, and as I level I just max out my psi abilities, and eventually shove points into the 3 crafting (dunno about chem crafting?), and stop levelling hacking/lockpick/persuasion when I've got enough to hit the upper tier breakpoints (which should be around 50-60ish points in those?)

Attached: 1534765576448.jpg (1763x886, 979K)

definitely restart now since you will restart later anyway and be feeling much worse about it.

Reminder that exp scales in classic, after a few levels the same things just give you 1 xp each when you need 10k to the next level
anyone saying classicfags can just max out on rats is either using hyperbole or hasn't actually tried it

TIL you can put traps ON TOP of caltrops.

>[trapping intensifies]

yes it will work for sure. just the psi trees already give you everything you need you should have nough initiation to pick your fights and you can cc anything with TC/TM. I'd say go for it.

Sprint is pretty useful as psi, actually. It'll work fine. I don't take stealth because it delays other stuff, but you'll be able to alpha strike things which is really good if you're going tranquility.

>first expedition defense as melee guy
>get caught in thoring net
>get killed from beyond line of sight
Ok I hate crossbowniggers now.

looks good but make sure to get electronics up fairly high, biology should be 2nd to it due to headband crafting requirements
Also lets you craft shield emitters which is a 2nd massive health bar, and a taser which is an on demand stun for the most part. iirc you need an effective(number inside parenthesis) 135 lockpicking and hacking for every single check in the game

Guys this is my first build.

I'm a beginner and I want to make a cyborg melee katana/sword guy a bit ninja.
I'm lost on what to do now.

I've put points on Chem for Grenades and stuff like that, Electronics for crafting and Mechanics as well.
I don't know what else to do or if it's going okay. Btw I'll play on Normal.
Any help is appreciated

Attached: underrail build.png (1920x1080, 284K)

>expedition defense as a psionic
>enrage a bunch of crossbow faggots
>they kill their own melees and themselves

Attached: 1547783163254.jpg (783x734, 78K)

You have to let the aegis units do most of the work for those events unfortunately as a meleefag. I usually play as a support role throwing nades and caltrops. If they get too close then I jump on them.

Throw is at 50, no social skills so far... I'm completely lost. Maybe I'm a brainlet but there's so many points and I don't know if I fucked up or theres other stuff I should consider.

TM is super useful for any build. You can get free AP with no reprecussions.

the defense missions are gay even as a sniper since you still get outranged by enemy snipers and crossbows
best just to genocide the natives and pirates asap

Are assault rifles reliable?
I've been toying with the idea of using saves/imports to give myself an AKX at start and treat it like my characters signature weapon. Obviously I would shit all over early game as a result, but I don't know how assault rifles perform late game

Naval
mines

who

I reached level 30 before deep caverns on classic with DLC. I didn't reach level 30 on oddity even after finishing game+DLC

strong enough that they literally get recommended everytime for new players, it gets boring though

classicfags trying to cope with playing on easy mode

Alright I got TM.
What should I get now? Also, is the rest of the build looking fine?

I actually got max on oddity easily, guess you just got some retarded pre-nerf build online and didn't bother looking for more xp because you didn't need it

Just started the game, should i pick oddity or classic?

I never went the sword route, but I can tell this build is a bit of a mess. You have spear throw, but you don't even realize you need 6 str to wield spears.

Blitz + fancyfoot + sprint is needed if you plan to go that route. Its good and was my first build as a general purpose meleefag. But I'm not sure if you should go that route as a sword guy. I've seen really strong sword builds coupled with psi, but I've yet to see someone make a pure sword build become OP. I'm sure it exists however.

set agility to 10

put intelligence to atleast 5 for cheap shots and expose weakness (pretty much musts for dex based melee)

Oddity is the intended way to play as per the dev himself. Classic is an old placeholder and completely imbalanced. Take your pick.

oddity = niggermode
classic = niggermode

They are the most basic weapon type in the entire game and they work well start to finish.
AR + heavy armor is the easiest to play build in the game, just walk around and burst things, throw a nade from time to time.

Remember the only bad weapons in this game, as in below average, are Firearm Pistols.

This

>permanently missable oddities

Attached: claw.jpg (402x170, 27K)

Classicfag here
I choose classic for RP purposes
It makes sense for a journey into an old ruin filled with all sorts of enemies to make my character more capable. Finding some random document or knick knack and thereby causing my character to suddenly know how to shoot more accurately, doesn't.

actual brainlet

seething

>word filter classic and oddity
>thread becomes much better

You autists really need to give it a rest, this is a fucking single player game. Also the devs needs to chill out and not balance patch all the fun stuff.

Oh?
Care to enlighten this brainlet?

>Firearm Pistols
they're meant to be secondaries and even as primaries they work well enough

>kill a million rathounds and become god
vs
>exploring and experiencing what the world has to offer
>also get oddities from enemies

At what level should I reasonably be able to fight lunatics?

>what is trolling
you are supposed to ignore it if you don't want to participate newfaggot retardonigger

>genocide entire town
>now more adept at negotiating prices
Every post you become more retarded, schizo.

So what jet ski do you niggas reccomend before you can buy the Devastator?

>Finding some random document or knick knack and thereby causing my character to suddenly know how to shoot more accurately, doesn't.
But shooting stuff making you better at hacking computers makes perfect sense.

the fun is in having to think about how to go around killing stuff not just clicking one button over and over that's why they actually SHOULD go around balancing everything

Go steal the protectorate one

How much Stealth should I need in general? Not sure where I should "stop" so to speak, and what feats should I go for? I want to do Tranquility line, since Locus of Control looks fucking amazing in general, and I'm going to need the kinetic feat that makes the psy wall last longer too I'm sure. Are any of the time feats worth it? Is time psi stuff worth maxing out in general?

>the fun is in having to think about how to go around killing stuff not just clicking one button over and over
Then they need to remove psychosis builds and energy weapons

How can I exterminate the vermin?
Raid their bases?

isn't it just barely better than the free aegis one and makes all protectorate hostile to you upon getting sighted

freighter for maximum loot carrying thus increasing your income and getting the devastator quicker

Where can i do that?

>No repercussions
Not saying it isn't viable but 25% less HP is a serious repercussion when you're not playing babby hard or normal

I'm mobbing around deep caverns on normal with 202 effective stealth and I still can get seen by monsters if I hang around close to them too long. I don't know what the minimum you need if you play skillfully is but if you're a brainlet like me you can use any and all stealth you can get

It seems Oddity-onlies have a min-max mindset

I said in the post you're replying to I choose classic for RP. I'm not autistically hunting low level mobs for xp. If you need an xp system to handhold you into having fun then you must be greasiest fucks on earth.

>Crawler stingers weights 5 kg
Huh
Never noticed that

South of core city is a couple protectorate outposts along the core ring. Could also hit up the rig which is south east of core city. Could also go slaughter port zenith but I'm not sure if that's a leave no witness zone

guess you'd better carry some vials and refine them on the spot bre

>makes all protectorate hostile to you upon getting sighted
Nope you can literally waltz over the protectorate outposts and they don't give a shit
Shield emitter quest for Gorsky

Classic obviously
Here's a starter for hammer build, make sure to turn compass on as soon as you get it

Attached: hammer.jpg (959x712, 187K)

>There are people in this thread right now who have "Open doors automatically" on

BASED

Nah, I'm a 11 STR chad with lifting belt
Still I didn't quite notice how weight some biological items are, like Mutant Glands, Crawler Stingers and to lesser extend Insect Salivarium

Is it possible to make an energy weapon psionic or it will just force you to invest into too many different stats?

I am a jetski autist who tried them all. Except the protectorate one.

It all depends on your build. Meleefags should go torpedo or phaser for added damage bonus and chance to hit. Gunfags should go glow, shark or plasma levitator depending how what they can afford because they offer powerful inbuilt gun weapons. Psi fags should go freight because you don't need the guns or the speed, so just take the storage dumpster tank.

>Tifa(Male)

Perfection

Oddity

Based Classicfag

>gets overleveled with minimum effort
>calls other minmaxers
lol

guess it's just port zenith then
>try to go to port zenith
>sir your vehicle is not authorized even though you're a corporal
>steal a protectorate jetski and wear their marine armor
>combat starts as soon as I enter port zenith
dammit styg

Found a roach in my dishwasher and when i tried to kill it with my shoe it scurried off and disappeared

So there's no unique psi jet ski?
That's a bummer.

What's the dex for?

>Not shredding it to pieces as soon as it goes back inside
Why?

Why does every fucking enemy seem to have so much more AP than me? Is 50AP normal for core city?

>Can't just levitate over water
Why even have telekinetic powers?

Alright made a new one.
So it's going this way so far
Is it okay

Attached: underrail build2.png (1920x1080, 288K)

throwing and stealing people's lunch money (eventually 7 for escape artist)

No just use the freight/tanks for storage carry. You could also use the speedy ones for hit and run situations.

Attached: 658467895.png (679x605, 443K)

Honestly i don't think force user is all that useful unless you plan doing all the damage with telepunch which you definitely could. and you definitely don't need turn longer force field if you understand the game. If you go enough into crafting i think 50 stealth should be more than enough and everything else you can supplement by black cloth crafting and cloaking device. You have enough points in agility to win initiation often and if you drink root soda for the intiation bonus you should be winning more initiation rolls. IDK honestly you need to know what combo are you going for to use to know which feats you need and which you don't. I play like this:
>start combat if i see enemy
>flashbang or locus of control mindbreak all the enemies depending on enemy number
>spam distortion on as many as i can
>if there are any that i can't hit with LoC/flashbang i either dilate them if they are melee or enrage/fear them if they are range
>if many meelees and only one entrance to me i force field it
>the mindbroken/flashbanged dudes explode and if some dont i do the other flashbang/LoC
obviously you need some information about where the enemies are which is easier to get when you have more stealth also i'm not talking about how i use energy shield to prevent small damages to not break tranq and AP increase abilities i use

you need 5 str to use a sword

AP is static bro, it's movement points that scale. What weapon are you using?

At what level should I be tackling the Ironheads? My tin can gets holed pretty fast

Wow. Okay, besides that, what else should I fix or made a mistake

I've been meaning to play this, have the base game only. Should I get the expansion before I start or is it more of a end game think?

SMG which costs me 14AP.

Expansion is well-built into the midgame and expands it considerably beyond the expedition itself.

Awesome, will probably give a similar build a spin now that I'm winding down on my current one.

You should get it before

That's a very high AP cost SMG, how much dexterity you got and do you have spec ops?

The expansion adds new feats, skills, and weapon types and it starts at around midgame.

You mean running the dishwasher? Nah that's nasty because I have dishes in there.

Get a metal armor with minimum 30 DR, or come back when you're level 20
t. fellow tin can

Does the Versatile feat unlock the feats of the affected skills?

DLC proper is midgame and adds shit you can start using at lvl 1, just get it it's dirt cheap and totally worth it.

The base game is enhanced substantially with the DLC even if you never enter the Black Sea itself. I'd say it's 100% worth it if you can pick it up now.

i forget the name of it but theres a temporal manipulation feat that increases the amount of AP you can get from contraction which is amazing for swords because assuming you max out the spec points in flurry ap cost (you should), you'll get 2 more flurries when you pop contraction

also you dont need that much in TM. the highest requirement for a spell is 70 (base, not effective).

>point blank with crossbow

>50%

dropping this shit, retarded. everything should be 100% point blank.

No you still need the base skill to unlock them

He's already ratfucking all your dishes and has probably been doing so for hours, what's a little roach blood on top of that.

are you gonna keep regurgitating the same posts every thread

Damn. Guess I will leave Foundry for later

You posted this yesterday, fuck off already

so what else should I max?
theres always a bunch of leftover points

>no argument still
tell me why i shouldnt be able to hit something 2 feet in front of me with a crossbow

Obviously since it gets him replies

No, "effective" skill can't be used to qualify for feats. Only the points you actually put into the skill.

not an argument
why isnt it 100%? your indie games retarded

Excuse me?
Havent you completed Foundry's quests?
Have you killed the Beast?

If not, we have to talk, Jack

>he thinks combat is just people standing next to each other doing nothing
Good fucking luck trying to hit anything with a long weapon when a dog-sized rat is already up in your face trying to eat it off.

Im doing shotgun build and not sure which crafting skills go for. Mechanics and tailorign are a must for shotgun and armor right? What about others? Is it worth it to go for chemistry to craft my own nades?

Welp too late now... Fuck. Guess I have a new roommate

Is there anything special about the pool in the crab lair on the low level of mutant island?
I've tried to fish there but got nothing.

except thats literally what combat is in the game. youre standing still and they are on your turn. who the fuck plays with their imagination like an actual autist?

You will need molotovs and flashbangs at the least.

You'll have to spend more points into lockpicking to get the same result as a high dex character.

So with 50 skill points a high dex character would get lockpicking to like 75, while with low dex it would be 45 with that same amount of 50 points invested

is it unreasonable that you character would be shaking a bit in the heat of combat and miss?

get biology to atleast 50 effective for focus stim. swords love crits. if you can find the points get it to 70 so you can craft aegis + that new int drug that i'm also forgetting the name of so you can craft better.

also getting 30 base in throwing so you can get grenadier will help a lot.

We need a name for your new roomate, how about oddityfag? Since he scurries from confrontation and spends most of his time stealthed looking for scraps.

Attached: 1564662507657.png (1189x1200, 1.35M)

>muh imagination
no its not reasonable because my character isnt a fucking faggot
and is standing still on my turn which means hes not shaking

You might actually be an autist yourself if you are not capable of understanding abstract representations.

Kind of feel a Persuasion check at the start of the game that requires 8 Will but gives you a shotgun is dumb as hell

Mechanics to craft shotguns
40 mechanics, tailoring, electronics to craft advanced repair kits

It's an abstraction ya fuckin goofball.

in universe in the lore i think they just live where turnbased combat exists how is that autstic

I have enough persuasion to start the quest, but from a roleplay perspective it made sense to first kill Balor
>roleplaying in an RPG
shocking I know

I mean, that shotgun is total shit. It's only good for gunning down base rathounds

hahaha based

bro just kill some rats with your fists-psi-whatever then go get your weapon of choice at lvl 2, i do it all the time with 3 will builds on Dominating.

Either great bait or greater autism.

8 dex and yes, I have spec ops.

Don't shit talk shoddy shotty

>why do people keep posting that thing?
because it's funny

Attached: Of+course+not+its+a+heck+of+a+shotgun+_4bdd9cc0d69a59b71e560268c2aa2bb3.png (2950x900, 1.25M)

Gregor.

>All this time I've been in these threads I've been hearing how big and scary Bladelings are
>Finally get to them
>Literally shit on them with pure absolute ease
?
Did I just get memed on? Or do I just so happen to be playing a build that trivializes them?

Attached: 1242534745756867797.png (816x1200, 703K)

>why yes gentlemen now it's your turn to fight
>thank you kind sir i cast pyrokinesis

t. classic exp

Although that's very noble from you, and I respect that, be aware that taking on the Ironheads is actually a high level quest, and Balor is a boss character with a MASSIVE HUGE ASS HAMMER
You might force yourself way through the camps, but once you reach the Ironhead base, this will get really ugly for you

Just do the Evelyn

Pretty Kafkaesque, user
you alright

On normal they're not that bad if you aren't a complete brainlet.

What build
What exp mode
What difficulty

do factions know when you kill a faction member without getting seen? I sniped a praetorian sniper and while others came to check it out they didn't give a shit.

based

They are piss easy with psi since your abilities just straight ignore their armor.

I want to kick you in the back of the head.

Attached: hyyyyyaaaah.gif (392x392, 2.81M)

If you dont get spotted most likely they wont turn hostile
The term is 'assasination'
Just dont get caught red-handed

It's only kinda challenging in the fight against the Beast because there will be a gorillion bladelings to kill, but it's still perfectly doable, especially if you get the 2 other dudes to help you and stock up on traps and HE nades. Acid damage also works great.

Oddity.
Shotgun build.
Oddity.
Hard mode.

Attached: 1532654456659679.jpg (554x439, 106K)

oddity:
>*snort* time to *crunch crunch* hack this box for the 5000th time maybe ill get 1 exp for it *wheeze*

classic:
>WHIRRRRRRRRR
>+20000exp

Is it worth going into traps if you don't have stealth?

Oh speaking of The Beast, I did find it but I couldn't hurt it at all. I'm guessing that's normal, I just decided to explore the mines without any actual quest for this place yet.
I can kite that thing forever though and there's no bladelings in the room yet so I dunno what the fuck is gonna happen later on.

Attached: TmZA5qk.gif (480x480, 958K)

Don't know what to tell you man, it's just not that hard of a fight and gives you ample time and opportunity to prepare for it.

holy based

That's strange, I though Bladelings had a fuckton of mechanical damage resistances/threshold
Good job user

probably not, maybe just enough effective to use normal bear traps

How will oddityfags ever recover wtf

>WHIRRRRRRRR
based

Attached: 14568875499.jpg (227x222, 9K)

Ah shid, underrail got its expansion? Might start a new playthrough.

cool builds brehs?

yeah, you are right, fuck this

Does anyone have that Cyborg Ninja build?

Attached: gray_fox_dsc_by_vimes_da-d6j8pqc.jpg (1017x786, 129K)

Hammerchad
Spearnig
Fistfucker
Macheteman

WHERE DO I GET STASIS

If you kill the beast, Foundry will sell high quality steel
Foundry is the first area you complete as a tin can
Believe me

Pretty sure I grabbed it from SGS after becoming arena god and sending carnifex to hell.

I swear bro, they're unironically one of the easiest enemies I've came across so far. It literally must just be the build or something. They're slow as fuck and my build is heavy on move points, I have Uncanny Dodge to trivialize them and they aren't all that durable either. I dunno man, Crawlers are still 10x worse than these guys. Without a doubt.

Don't trust this user, this user is your enemy

Coolest melee build: spear god with on demand crits and gae bolg
Coolest gun build: chem pistol mad scientist
Psi is universally cool, just pick whether you want to be an unga bunga nuker or an enlightened control wizard.

>I couldn't hurt it at all
It should be pretty clear that you can't hurt it, it's mentioned a ton of times. Capture a worm and take a shard from a bladeling to Ezra and Quinton in SGS.

>no xp for opening boxes on oddity, there's barely any oddities in locked boxes
>literally get xp every time you open a lock on classic
makes you think

Myself as a hammer metalfag I struggled a little more
Not because they were actually hurting me, mind you, but because they have huge mechanical resistance and some decent HP
Or maybe that's just Dominating

Heh

>If i search all these garbage cans i might get 1 bar, please Styg just a crumb aghhhhhh!!

Attached: odditycuckcirca2019.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

That's just dominating. Completely different ball game.

Attached: machete slayer.png (1599x702, 121K)

Look at a man that played himself, look at him go.

Attached: 1.jpg (300x300, 24K)

Hoddurform and other new psi enhancing weapons shouldn't provide the universal debuffs to psi costs. Just to the abilities they enhance like neural overload.

>It should be pretty clear that you can't hurt it, it's mentioned a ton of times.
It hasn't been mentioned a single time. I've just told you nobody has gave me any quests for this area.
I wasn't complaining about not being able to hurt it yet either, I was just pointing out that I've made it to the end of the mine, killed all the bladelings along the way with ease and then found that thing. The Mayor guy and everybody else won't talk to me about the mine shit yet, I assume I have to do other quests first to gain some rep or something.
I assume it's these shells which are making things so effortless.

Attached: shotgun shells.jpg (2560x1440, 531K)

what about shield emitters? is it worth going for electrocits for them?

>It hasn't been mentioned a single time. I've just told you nobody has gave me any quests for this area.
Literally everyone is constantly talking about the mines and the creatures, and there are multiple characters who will mention how one of them can't be hurt. One of them is literally in the mines guarding the entrance to the deeper parts.

Shields are always useful, no exceptions
Then again, for some buids, crafting shields can be a considered a luxury, but if you think you can, go for it, they are totally worth it

SGS or Institute doctors if you have finished the oligarch quests. Health Center if you are in the Black Sea. Pray for random loot if neither.

If you have the points to spare absolutely. Makes a gigantic difference, I still haven't found endgame shields being sold that are even as good as the one I made pre-expedition. The one I made post-expedition is several times better than the ones I'm finding.

Use a lower caliber SMG and start investing into DEX as it lowers AP cost for SMGs.

>dex lowers ap for smgs
actually retard tier

The easiest way is to do Dude's quest in the warehouse, reloading the auto-save until you get it.

Even a shitty shield emitter can make or break some fights, like you can 100% deny burrower poison with one because the barbs won't touch you

>Literally everyone is constantly talking about the mines and the creatures, and there are multiple characters who will mention how one of them can't be hurt.
I've spoke to every single person in Foundry. That is bullshit. They mention creatures that are hard to kill, which they're clearly refering to the bladelings, they haven't mentioned a single thing about one that can't be hurt.
I've literally just told you that non of them are going further into detail with my character because it's classified. Clearly they will mention that later on when I do something else to gain their trust.

Okay thank your for your information

The guy in the mines I mentioned specifically says multiple of his friends died to the beast and that he's butthurt about it. You can even get him to help you kill it later.

>dude monk is so fun
>play it
>its literally just ebic punch 2 times and then nothing
fuck Yea Forums

Classified. All classified.
Again, they probably say that later on as I've been saying all this time. I more than likely need to do something to get the mayor or chief of security to trust me more before they put me on this mine quest. LITERALLY every single NPC won't tell me much about the mine creatures.
The two men in the mine won't say shit. The doctor who wants me to end her husband won't say shit. The mayor won't say shit.

Attached: Classified 1.jpg (2560x1440, 501K)

>Punch 2 times then nothing
What?

>lockpicking at zero
Am I fucked for life?

>npc tells you it's unsafe
>it actually is
Not sure what you expected

Neither lockpicking or hacking are mandatory, just helpful.

It's the kind of thing I struggle to force myself to go without, but you don't necessarily need it.

On demand crit, which can be inherently boosted with Locus for aoe, alongside headband for your not only crit damage increase but also specific ability damage increase, when you add in the staves from the DLC and pop a trance, means you have the best fucking silent aoe nuke in the game.

Yes, its worth it. Because you can just get the stave to reduce costs, then also get your tac vest for even less costs, then you inherently regen your shit to boot. You can get a docs belt for 2 ap boosters, which are plentifull, and it denies the whole shebang. Tranquils leaves after 1 hp, with Psychosis you can use Hemo with serious success, especialy with Last Stand, pop a stasis, wait for shits like crawlers or spiders to group around you and watch your over 700 damage fucking crits ruin the dance floor.

Dont be a fucking pussy. Get yourself what fucking matters bre.

Definitely not. I'm don't even plan to take lockpicking or hacking on my next character. It's useful but it's not that big a deal.

Dude the fucking Evelyn quest already, then talk to the chief
Do you know who's Evelyn?

hacking and lockpicking aren't really needed at all. Only oddityfriends could probably call them mandatory.

Holy shit nigger you are not following this at all.
I am not complaining about anything. The bladelings are easy, all I did was mention that I found it while exploring and couldn't hurt it. Nothing more - see The Beast itself didn't do shit to me, I just couldn't hurt it either, that thing was so slow I could wander around the room forever without it getting a single hit on me.
I've done it now and yeah he's talking to me about the beast.
Again though, I was not complaing, there's nothing even for me to complain about, the mines have been piss easy.

Punch ten thousand times and stun everything

I have yet to find a oddity in a locked container that I wouldn't have gotten from elsewhere anyway.

not even then. You'll get duplicates of shit so often you don't *need* what's in locked shit but I took it anyways due to autism.

Is suppressive fire worth it on an SMG build?

Every game is just a simulation retard

He is a fucking faggot because apparently he can't shoot for shit probably because he has nigger eyes because you think rpgs just play themselves.

Yes. Couple it with opportunist and watch the big dick numbers

>WHAP WHAP WHAP
>ONONONONO MOMMY NO STOP NOO

>50% chance pointblank is fair
ok retards.

You think the alzheimers ridden patient you probably made as your character can shoot a fucking crossbow?

Protip: You character has parkinsons, it's explained at the end of the game

>I more than likely need to do something to get the mayor or chief of security to trust me more before they put me on this mine quest
you're right

Where did your build go so wrong lad

>put all my points intk Inyelligence becaus crossbows are for smart people
>cant even landn a hit
LMAO. SHIT GAME

how do you build an enlightened control wizard

drink the juice

Hmmm.....Based.

what jet ski for a psi dude?

Where can I find industrial quantities of bottles?

Junkyard at the docks

Just check all the random barrels, i always end up with fucktons in my locker

freighter

Bre, the -5 action points are enough to actually deny double swings from sledges or big boy shits from being able to double dip, like the Naga protectors. Since usualy their attacks are around 25 ap each, you can cuck swordfags and sledgefags into 1 attack at most, or just deny em fully if you used caltrops, bursted em and dabbed back, since it also reduces their movement. Its a fairly solid perk, all things considered, but Expertise should still be taken with a priority, alongside Spec Ops.

kek

Get Fast Metabolism for better heals in case you get damaged on the first turn.
Get tranquility and meditation.
Get as much AP-increasing shit as possible. Contraction, Adrenaline, Blitz, you name it.
Get Locus of Control.
Now cast for days in a single turn. Stun or enrage the entire battlefield. Set up a niggerillion of temporal distortions and put a thermodynamic destabilization. Watch the chaos.

on that same note, any downside for going into Ray's and just stealing one?

how do I fit headband crafting into all of this

maybe you should read what stats do before making a character

Its virtually impossible to steal one without getting caught at some level. It is possible, but the entire city will become hostile towards you.

whats the most cucked build

By having high INT?

You can fit everything you want into it.
Swap the Continuum Ripple onto something else if you don't want it.

Attached: 1552504303318.png (1918x738, 204K)

>open cheat engine
>select underrail.exe
>enable speed hack
>speed 1.5

>ruins the game and immersion
based?

Regular pistols.

>open cheat engine
>realize game has 5x out of combat speed
>kill yourself because you're a fucking retard

>he didnt see the out of combat speed option
oh nonono

that's at max level though, sure you'll eventually have enough points for everything
until then you're scraping by having to invest into all 4 psi

I just realized that haha

What is exactly a psi monk? I mean, I know what it is, but as a build is there any link?

There's a hotkey version of this with 4 speeds.
The last speed is good for skipping super steel wait time, fuck that 3 hour wait shit.

>have IQ above 100
>launch underrail.exe
>increase the speed in-game when need be using the handy and convenient feature(TM)
>decrease back to normal when not needed

No it's still too slow I'm talking about making both the 5x and the 1x faster.

I think you might have ADHD

>its still too slow
what kind of autism is this

>NEED FAST FLASHY COLORS FAST GAMEPLAY
thats called being a spaz

hahahahaha yes I feel so incredibly IMMERSED when moving through 10 empty screens of sea in my jet ski

Any advice for a DOMINATING permadeth build?

i got ADD yeah

...If serious, then fair enough

If you are asking advice on how to make one of those builds. You probably aren't going to last long.

Those runs are for special autists who have mastered the game to a point they know exactly what to do.

F4 hits the engine limit, you literally can't go faster even if you turn it to x50000

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (326x265, 29K)

>Dominating
>Permabuild
Jack you're completely fucking derailed
How's that fun?

Aww come on bro, now you've gone and made me sad

>have IQ above 100
>steal the source code from Styg
>remove timed native invasions from expedition so I can actually take my time to explore the black sea

Is there any jet ski comfier than Freighter?

Attached: 1558270886909.png (671x603, 168K)

any sort of repercussions for wiping out the mutie island? I dont have the persuasion for the dialogue choice with doc savage but the other one will probably have repercussions for ME

How to sail from the Core City into the DLC on my own jet ski?

Sorry but this is a game on dominating... you can literally walk into a zone and get instant killed before your turn. You need to know the game well to do a no-death run.

Patroller is the comfiest. That seat and them wing mirrors.

You get to choose one (1) psi discipline to have in real life.
What would you do with it?
>inb4 everyone picks TM or TC

far Northeast

Idk man, xcom I/I trained me so hard with ironman i want to play that way in every game now.
I am fully aware that i can lose a trooper in xcom and keep going and this is literally just one dude one life but the autism calls to me real hard in this game. Just imagine the rush of doing DC or arena knowing you can waste days of your life if you fuck up.

TM, how is that even a question?

TM seems to go with anything in the game so maybe it's still be the most generally useful irl.

are you the dude who made it

if so props because i've been using it forever

You can try a permadeath on hard
I mean, I cannot stop you, do whatever you want
But I doubt it will be fun

I did it and experienced nothing. I asked the ferryman what do you think of the muties and he said they are no more.

However the ending slides say new ones mysteriously come back there.

Obiously TM, this is my calling.

Attached: stopman.jpg (454x513, 55K)

TM lets you live a lot longer

TM, I want to live longer for a while

Pick temporal manipulation.
Train relentlessly to suppress ageing
Win at life.

Nope, but I too have been using it since forever.

can you share how
please before the thread dies

Go to Serbia and point a gun at his head bre.

It's literally pixels on a screen, there is no combat, just a series of lights.

It's .net so you can look at the decompiled source code. dnspy was a program that was mentioned for doing that.

there is no reason not to pick TM and if that were not an option then everybody will pick TC is not even a contest

Y'all are 'that kid' that always choosed the strongest/coolest fighter in videogames
Don't be 'that kid'

Everyone is that kid, you fucking idiot.

t. psilet

Jokes on you, i always picked the most fappable

Real life is not a video game.

I still die on normal a lot even though a bunch of people say that it’s easy. Zoner Must Die will probably fuck me up.

Dying a lot doesn't necessarily mean struggling, the game is just made in a way that you can enter a new screen and instantly get 2-shot by some nigger with a crossbow from out of sight.

It's not easy by modern standards to be entirely honest with you familio.
Don't feel bad it took me 5 restarts on normal to get past depot A

Attached: 928.png (733x464, 155K)

It took you 5 restarts to use grenadier and molotovs?

Whenever I open a door without first activating my shield emitter I feel really dumb now. Last time I did that and immediately ate a sniper rifle aimed shot.

Don't judge me fren, i'm not 160 iq like you