Well Yea Forums?

Well Yea Forums?

Attached: E44D1FD3-5F37-4678-8486-CF4ABED6D095.jpg (938x1024, 137K)

sonybros no

Actually the correct answer is Manjuu, developers of AZUDU LAY!

Attached: g7.jpg (2500x1659, 369K)

Well.. I guess that's it then. We have to all believe this one ONE human journalist who the greatest video game developers of all time are.

Every journalist will have Nintendo or Nintendo EAD specifically at #1. Spain’s Government gave a medal of culture significance to Nintendo & the Spike VGA’s added Zelda as their only hall of Fame inductee.

Nintendo didn't develop XC2

History + Consistency + Variety + Quantity. Nintendo is the clear winner.
You might have a favorite dev but they've probably made 3 good games and 1 mediocre one. Nintendo's made what, a 100 good games and 15 mediocre ones.
The only company that's anywhere close is Capcom

>bing bing wahoo x10

Mario games are objectively amazing, peopld hate them out of jealousy because no other company is capable of sustaining such unprecedented levels of critical acclaim for nearly 30 years

This. Nintendo is the most influential company in video games history.

They aren't a developer tho.

Well if we're talking about quantity, no company has release anywhere near as many classics as Nintendo

>literally revived videogames and carried them to a common household object
>snoyniggers will say they don't deserve it
Enjoy your tranny console, fags

Correct

Xenoblade 2 isn't Nintendo, it's Monolith.

Define "developers" you assholes.

Attached: nintendo.jpg (600x284, 39K)

>They aren't a developer tho.

Attached: 600full-tropic-thunder-photo1249129962.jpg (300x405, 38K)

>Uncharted isn't Sony, its Naughty Dog

this desu

anybody who thinks it's anything else other than nintendo is a hater or delusional

you don't have to like nintendo games but the sheer amount of quality they've had for almost 40 years is insane

This

Monolith just belongs to Nintendo currently.
They previously belonged to Bamco and Sony too.
They're a completely different studio.

Nintendo makes some good games but fuck do they make way too many autistic backwards decisions for me to call them nunber 1

its hard to make a shit game when you've been making the same old game with new gimmicks for a couple of decades

you forgot innovative. they're pioneers in hardware

It is literally the exact same situation, Sony bought out Naughty Dog in 2001 and Nintendo bought out Monolith in 2007.

And they were never owned by Sony, they developed four PS2 games but were owned by Namco. Sony published exactly one of their games, Xenosaga II, with Namco having published the rest of their PS2 games.

Factual. Old Blizzard was the only competition but how far have they fallen

Terrible bait, Nintendo games literally recieve shit for being too different from previous games.

To be fair, Nintendo does has internal divisions that develop games.

i dont think people really hate mario games aside from the NSMB ones. Its just the bing bing wahoo meme made to make fun of nintendo in general.

Yes, Monolith is Nintendo. A large part of the monolith team was helping on BOTW too

>Old Blizzard was the only competition
lolno

They made like 5 good games

Based and redpilled

iD?
Looking Glass?

lol

> They made like 5 good games
That's 5 more than most studios can be proud of.

They also made Koreans a thing.

No

No and no

Nintendo has no competition here, no other developer has the same track record, not even fucking close.

But they were so fucking good. Go back early 2000s and they dominated PC gaming, their trailers were EVENTS for gaming as a whole. I miss those days were i could just enjoy WC3 and D2 without knowledge of how far they would fall

And its still nothing compared to Nintendo. They didn't make those good games for 3-4 decades.

Its not enough to just have a few classics under the studio's belt to be on the same level, they need to have been doing it for literal decades because that's the standard Nintendo has set. Doesn't matter if most other studios don't even have any games you'd place in the same category, that doesn't put Blizzard or iD up there with Nintendo.

Seethe more, Wind Waker was shit on at release because it wasn’t a direct clone of Majora’s Mask. Same with Mario Sunshine, Mario Odyssey, BOTW & Pokemon Sun/Moon

>They also made Koreans a thing.
This is not a good thing

Attached: 1266600429730.jpg (390x386, 21K)

Nintendo should stop making hardware, that would be the best outcome. Imagine, all their creative power unrestrained by being locked to their shit gimmicky hardware, available on all platfors and now with extra creative freedom and all funds directed to game development.
A change like that is objectively the best thing that could happen to them or us.

this. fpbp

Attached: 1564268202107.jpg (251x244, 15K)

>They aren't a developer tho.
They are primarily a developer.

>come out with something good
>keep doing what works
>WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING WHAT WORKS, THEY SHOULD CHANGE IT UP AND MAKE SHITTY GAMES INSTEAD

Nintendo hasn't been relevant in decades. The greatest video game devs to date are Rockstar and CDPR. Rockstar absolutely dominated this decade, CDPR made one of the best games ever and Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much guaranteed to be amazing.

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-001858_Chrome.jpg (1080x957, 281K)

It’s undeniable, as soon as another company makes more than 20 games on the top 50 greatest games list. Then we can talk about Nintendo being surpassed as the GOAT

Attached: F4320077-7ECD-46C0-888B-28EE3A2293DE.jpg (1058x1960, 706K)

Cope

>imagine if nintendo was restrained by 1000 man development teams and 200 million dollar budgets
Yeah sounds great.

>it's another listfag thread
Reminder that his life has no meaning so he makes it up by piggybacking on the archivements of others like the sad worm he is

Attached: 1325373855994.jpg (600x469, 65K)

>developers
>develop vista
Wow that was hard

>video game developers

That would go to CDPR, Rockstar and From Software but I'm being biased I don't care about mario and zelda

Ninceldo is shit, only dumb fat murricans think it's good

They're publisher first and foremost.

They did it twice.

The influx of new groups of people (the whole family) that came with the wii was/is certainly helping the whole industry.

Reminder that this list has Naughty Dog as #2 so if you consider Nintendo #1 you must also admit ND is the second best developer ever above others like Capcom and such

>first game on the list past the year 2010 is GTA V at 22nd
>the ONLY nintendo titles on the list past 2010 are BotW and Odyssey
Fuck this is depressing, Nintendo died more than a decade ago.

A quick look at Sega shows that's the opposite of what would happen. Right now there are a bunch of Nintendo games that are made that, while profitable, have an opportunity cost. Star Fox Zero made less than New Super Mario Bros U; if Nintendo was going for maximum profit they'd just make two Super Mario Bros U games instead. The thing is, the Wii U was their own hardware, so having a diverse set of games for it drives hardware sales. If you make two Super Mario Bros U games, you get the Super Mario Bros players to buy your hardware. If you make a Star Fox game and a Super Mario Bros game, you get both the Mario and the Star Fox players to buy your hardware. They have incentive to make those smaller games because it widens the appeal of the hardware, and they get money that way. Once they are detached from the hardware, they'll only make the games that sell the most, and you'll end up with Sonic every year, while all the other IPs rot except when they're brought back for one party game once like All Star Racing Transformed.

big true. switch isn't popular outside the US. really gets the noggin' joggin'

Attached: 103978904.png (630x575, 225K)

> It’s another Sonyfags cope about schizophrenic boogeyman thread
I’m almost convinced that Sonyfags are the ones spamming Smash threads, because in those people are literally schizophrenic & cry that everyone who disagrees with a certain character is just the same avatarfag. Like anyone who wants a character is somehow from “Resetera or Discord” for some unexplained reason

Wow not even one PS4/Bone game on that list.

>video game developers
Yes, Nintendo is a video game developer and has made countless classics

CDPR has made three glorified visual novels, you can't even fucking compare this to the literal savior of the industry and the makers of literal blueprints for various genres that still get referenced and used today.

So is that why Japan named Nintendo their all time best game developer?

Attached: C06EC81F-5FDE-4E8E-B7AA-39164122F59B.jpg (611x912, 236K)

>It’s another Nintendofag cope about schizophrenic boogeyman thread
I’m almost convinced that Nintendofags are the ones spamming WHIRRR threads, because in those people are literally schizophrenic & cry that everyone who disagrees with a certain character is just the same avatarfag. Like anyone who wants a character is somehow from “Resetera or Discord” for some unexplained reason

I'm just talking about the Switch. It's not popular in EU

Based user with actual logic. Ignoring all of that, does everyone forget what Microsoft tried to pull when they thought they had power over the market?
>Always online
>No used games
>Spying on you
And now Sony is talking about "making the customer bear the burden" because they feel strong enough that they can essentially force demands. Competition is a good thing and while Nintendo is increasingly their own "thing" apart from Microsoft/Sony, they still "directly" compete with them. That's a good thing regardless of how you feel about them or their games. Let's not forget that Sony got to where they were because Nintendo didn't have enough competition in the first place and treated third parties like shit.

No

Nintendo was fucking terrible during the Wii-Wii U era for some reason. From 2006-2016 Mario Galaxy’s were the only relevant games they made

The difference between Nintendo and Sega is that Sega had Sonic as their main draw and that was it, that's what 99% of people remember them for. Nintendo in comparison has a bunch of iconic titles, to the point Mario is known all around the world. Their titles would be pretty much guaranteed to sell because even their smaller titles tend to have niche fanbases. The difference is now you wouldn't be forced to buy their consoles if you wanted to play their games, with the only other option being emulation.

I mean they pushed the narrative of games to a level that almost matches shows on tv with the action of blockbusters. That's certainly something.

>less than a thousand people
>on a land with almost 130M citizens
>ALL OF JAPAN AGREED
listfag this is getting almost as sad as your existence

>literal savior of the industry

alright calm down now. I know where I'm posting but jeez

Attached: 34c.jpg (1429x1138, 411K)

> Waah anyone who used sources is the same exact person
> Now i will go back to my buzzwords, wojaks & twitter screencap threads

Wii Sports was a literal cultural phenomenon, I'd call that a little more than "relevant"

Uh, sweaty... Monolith Soft is Nintendo. Nintendo owns 100% of their stock.
That's like saying Rare isn't Microsoft.

Yeah, sure

But why is it showing xenoblade 2/Mario Odyssey/Breath of the wild rather than mario bros, super metroid, links awakening and all the games back when nintendo was actually good?

Why is it always fucking Sonyfags?

Attached: 90826DC0-085E-42AA-BA29-8FCC7125E11F.jpg (640x873, 287K)

Sorry bub, reality is reality. Nintendo saved video games after Atari crashed the industry with no survivors.

>Waah anyone who used sources is the same exact person
>uses a source which is not even 1% of the total population of a country
>said source admits that they dont engage in the thing they are asked
yes, keep digging yourself further
>Now i will go back to my buzzwords, wojaks & twitter screencap threads
Yes you do that, you seem to have experience in that

>893 people survery

Attached: SSYGoRk.jpg (1080x2160, 691K)

And for the foreseeable future. with how much work Nintendo is giving Monolith Soft, they're not getting rid of them anytime soon

Mario games haven't been good since galaxy and the series is going the zombie way similar to the Simpsons

It's like saying that Disney is the best animation studio of all time. Technically its true, but it doesn't make the company less of a garbage.

>geekwire
>those terrible picks
are you serious?
>phoneposting
at least sonyfags own a PC to post pics

I couldn't have put it better

>Nintendo saved video games
They saved consoles, arcades and PC were still a thing

>100 good games
You mean 1 good game 100 times. Nintendo games and Nintendo itself survive exclusively off rabid fanbases built on past glory. The one exception would be Smash, but even it got a popularity boost during the melee/brawl phase.
If you released BotW exactly the same as it is now except without the name Zelda and without being a Nintendo title I can guarantee you it wouldn't even come close to it's current score, unless it was a 2 man indie project.

>ps2 compared to a 360

Why not compare it to its actual competitor the xbox huge? What a strange list

>T-t-they're just like DISNEY!
lolololololol

Not even close, stay mad seething Snoibois

Right, they saved video games.

You're welcome.

>Not even close
yes you're right, Disney is loved by all and has left a bigger inprint in culture as a whole
I'd say Nintendo is more like Dreamworks

Nintendo released like five noteworthy games total and then an ungodly amount of variations of those five games, they're historically important definitely, but far from the best ones ever. They've had no meaningful impact on the industry since Ocarina of Time, apart from maybe introducing more people to games through casualization which puts it on the same level as the makers of Angry Birds.

Either way I'd rather discuss single devs/designers or teams like Carmack, Pardo, Fujiwara, than giant "conglomerates" like Nintendo.

Attached: 1564677803955.jpg (700x527, 52K)

maybe in the nineties but nowadays? absolutely not.

As I said, those smaller games would still sell, yes, but why spend 10M developing Star Fox Zero 2 and have it sell 440k units, when you can spend 10M developing Super Mario Bros U 2 and have it sell 4.4M units? Yes, obviously you can't flood the market with a new Mario game every month so they would need to make a few other games, but by and large they'd focus on the big ones that sell instead of making a wide range of games.

>CDPR
>made 3 games
>best developer ever

this is fucking retarded.

Nintendo Co. Ltd. is a publisher that owns various in-house development studios. There is no single development entity known as "Nintendo". The group that made Kirby is not the group that made Zelda is not the group that made Mario is not the group that made Animal Crossing is not the group that made Xenoblade. Yes, there's overlap from project to project, but it's like calling Capcom a single development studio. It would be more accurate to say that Nintendo publishes quality games more frequently than other publishers like Activision or Capcom, but if you want to know the best development studio in Nintendo, you have to actually look at the credits to every game published by them and find the one that consistently does well.

>samefags flinging shit at each other for companies that give absolutely no fucks about them

the absolute state of you retards is sad. unironically just end it already.

Attached: 1560138801231.jpg (500x345, 66K)

Nope, they saved consoles, that's it
PC gaming still existed, sorry if daddy Nintendo is not as big as you thought

If the game already doesn't sell well they have no reason to go for it, be it exclusive to their hardware or not. If they still went for it that demonstrates an interest even at the possibility of low revenue, and said interest should only grow with the possibility of expanding the fanbase, or with potential sales from everyone who wanted to play Star Fox but didn't want to buy a console for it.

i'd argue capcom is superior

no other company sacrifices their own product for the sake of the consumer

>Can't refute factual information or reality
>Try to smear reputation instead by associating them with "muh disney jews" conspiracy bullshit
Seethe some more, Snoiboi.

>PC gaming still existed, sorry if daddy Nintendo is not as big as you thought
Oh, the irony, it hurts

>Can't refute factual information or reality
But I did, Disney is more influential and bigger than Nintendo would ever be so its not fair to compare each other, sorry if reality doesnt bend to your whims nincel, now dilate
I never said any of those things

What irony? Are you that underage you believe PC gaming didnt exist before the NES?

Monolith has made plenty of the greatest games to ever exist, but due to the number of games they made, they're around 3 or 5 for me, but better than any shit Nintendo makes themselves

Nintendo seems to rely more on their subsidiaries for actually good games, HAL, Monolith, Retro, Rare. Camelot, and formally gamefreak.

Attached: 1546911648963.jpg (800x1000, 83K)

>Can't comprehend the basic concept of irony
Perhaps you should be irony-ing my shirts instead :^)

I accept your concession

What do you even mean zombie way? Is 15 million copies sold not enough?

>blocks your path

Attached: 1564678805559.png (400x400, 38K)

>there's a timeline where consoles stopped existing and every gamer is a basement wizard

Attached: The_Fallen.jpg (660x468, 37K)

I guess that settles it
Why the fuck is Retro allowed to release almost nothing new for years? Is it a super small studio or how can Nintendo justify the waste of money?

If a game doesn't make a profit yes, they won't make it, but if it makes a small profit, then right now they have incentive to make it. If they don't get hardware sales from it, then they would have more incentive to use the money spent developing it on other games.

Treasure
Capcom
Nintendo
Falcom
Atlus
Platinum
Square (not Squenix)
LucasArts
Sega (despite Sonic)
Konami (despite their exoduses of devs)

Runnerups would be Westwood, Fromsoft, and Origin Systems

>metacritic

"no"

Red Dead Redemption 2 is not even a top 100 ganme of all time.

It was only to Miyamoto, not Nintendo as a whole.

Probably because what they were working on for years was Cancelled before it was revealed. You could see the hand of their new IP lead hidden behind a trophy in the "Goodbye Reggie" picture they sent him.

ArcSys and SNK

I forgot about SNK. Though, I wish they would work on more non-fighting games these days.

Elder Big Brother Bismarck is the best man in my base.