Terrible vidya opinions

>lootboxes are okay if theyre cosmetic olny

Attached: 47b.jpg (665x574, 25K)

It's actually an okay opinion

This. It's probably the best opinion. If it's purely cosmetic, then it doesn't change the base game at all.

t. shills

There isn't a single fucking reason skins and "cosmetics" shouldn't be unlockable or at least direct purchase. There is ZERO reason to put it in randomized boxes

Zero reasons that benefit the consumer you mean.

>[your favorite game] is good

Oh I thought you were starting a thread discussing lootboxes or similar.

Nice try EA

>doesnt change the base game at all
it breaks the entire games progression, and ties all unlocks to luck

>akko is smart

>cosmetic unlocks from playing the game, getting good and completing challenges to unlock them
vs
>cosmetic unlocks from giving them more money for minimal effort and hoping you win at rng
yep, sounds like a trash opinion alright

Is this the thread where OP is actually retarded?

>you can't critisise game mechanics being broken or glitched as long as you can still beat the game without it.

>cutscenes interrupting boss fights is ok.

They are okey as long as they are cheap and you can earn them (along with free keys) by playing.

>lootboxes are cancer that only benefits developers and provides nothing to players.
I guess my opinion is pretty rare

bonus points if the cutscenes are not skippable

It's in the industry's best interest to push the idea that lootboxes in any form are okay. Stop supporting anti-consumer practices.

>the companies HAVE to do lootboxes/dlc/microtransactions because of the piracy and they would not do it otherwise

>Stop supporting anti-consumer practices.
I already don't purchase anything lootbox related, or DLC, or cosmetic skins etc. But what the fuck can one person do? The majority of people will buy it because they're fucking retards, or underage kids that don't know any different.

what's wrong user, don't you like surprises?

I've never heard that before, there are really people who think like that? It's a depressing time for gaming...

That's a common misconception. Majority of players don't buy lootboxes. Its just that the people who do buy lootboxes spend more than a full priced game on them.

>Fifa x is a significantly different game than Fifa x - 1

>But what the fuck can one person do?
Mockery. Publishers invest a LOT of money into pushing the narrative that players indulging in paid-for cosmetics, lootboxes, p2w mechanics etc. are not only doing something that's socially acceptable but are even seen as commendable for doing so. If you mock people for actually wasting money on jpegs and stat boosts you help foster a hostile social environment towards the people dumb enough to pay.

People don't like being laughed at, if enough people collectively band together to make a point of ripping into others for engaging with these practices you'll eventually end up with no one wanting to do so for fear of pariahood.

not him, but ive heard this one a number of times. its usually more like
>games are too expensive now so to pay for all the graphics and features, they have to add microtransactions and dlc to help get a profit
which is retarded because its not our problem that theyre bad at budgeting (and thats implying if its even true)

this, same as mobile gaming
It's why voting with your wallet doesn't work and everyone who unironically believes it does is a fuckng retard

Attached: game-users-whales-2015-05-29-12-33-04.png (1946x1052, 212K)

mobile gaming killed the industry

Isn't that the same logic car dealerships use?
>You have to pay this excessive price because of all these "features" we've added, like pin-striping!

True. Kinda shit when looking at it.

The industry was headed this way regardless, mobile just happened to be an "infinite monkeys" scenario where the sheer volume of smart phone owners coupled with massive amount of developers meant someone was bound to hit on the perfect way to extract maximum value out of a user eventually.

That makes me angry.

Progression based cosmetics are the best, and that model is adopted by a few games but the grind for it is typically long and arduous.

subspace emissary being anything but awful

windowed is better than borderless fullscreen and regular fullscreen

>multiplayer only games can be good

but what if there is trading?

It's called gambling, son. The same reason I keep coming back to this board, I hoping for a good thread for once.

>Majora's Mask 3D is a good remake
>you're not allowed to criticize a game before release if prerelease footage/screens say "not final product"

Objectively the correct opinion right here.

1 Game: Singelplayer game 1 time pay, no lootboxes, dlc optional

Attached: 1564566507768m.jpg (1024x1004, 162K)