Good Star Trek games? It's a lie

Good Star Trek games? It's a lie.

Attached: riker.jpg (800x400, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY
youtu.be/bYMfwBGveMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>blocks your path

Attached: 220px-Fleet_Cover.jpg (220x267, 24K)

It has a great Stellaris mod though.

Attached: Data_with_pipe.jpg (1044x1044, 574K)

That's because star trek is bland and boring and not at all a good fit for video games that aren't strategic.

The creators of that mod have been teasing a Star Wars mods for years. The fucking faggots even "released" it as joke on april 1st.

elite force

Attached: 1385437635606.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

>tractor scatter drones to kill anything instantly the game

Total fabrication. We made it up. Not this time.

>star wars retard detected

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

CAN'T SLEEP
BED'S ON FIRE
DON'T TOUCH ME I'M A REAL LIVE WIRE

Attached: 1546707438513.png (477x1079, 673K)

I just finished DS9 recently and I kept getting distracted by how cute Ezri.

Do you believe in the power of a curse?

Attached: The_Fallen.jpg (1024x1221, 715K)

Making a StarTrek game is hard. Given the nature of the series a point and click adventure with space battles... oh wait.

Attached: judgement.jpg (1148x1156, 484K)

>kept getting distracted by how cute Ezri.
I kept getting distracted by how dumb she was
One of the reasons the last season is so shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY

I agree, even though I liked her, she should have been introduced earlier or not at all. Introducing her earlier wasn't really an option though. All the same, putting in a new member of your cast for the very last season is bound to go poorly, even if it's handled well, and I'd say it was handled well enough on DS9, it's just a bad idea.

25th Anniversary on DOS was one of the better point & clicks I've played. Decent writing and felt like an extension of TOS.

What's the concencous on the first movie

Attached: 4704656494_ec10974d93_b.jpg (1024x502, 159K)

What was his problem?

Attached: 1540059024622.png (459x345, 63K)

Attached: Transporter Accident.webm (1280x544, 2.76M)

It's shit. Some nice visuals, great model work and sex god Disco Bones, but it's boring as hell.

IMO Star Trek isn't a franchise that translates well into a game, at least not one that normies will enjoy. The focus of the show was mainly not about big epic space battles; there are already countless games that do that reasonably well. To put on my fedora for a second, Star Trek was always more intellectual and philosophical at least until nu-Trek which completely misses the point; the big space battles happened quite rarely and instead the main focus was on people dealing with moral dilemmas, ethics, and their principles etc.

So really it would have to be a Telltale-ish game where you basically watch a story and make some choices, so for people who didn't watch the shows or aren't familiar with it, a game isn't going to give them anything more than what they could get by watching the shows.

I think it could possibly also be something like, you get your first captaincy on a ship, and then you go around the galaxy with your crew who you bond with, doing missions and helping people, and encountering difficult decisions... Except that's basically Mass Effect.

Do you like to go a'wanderin' beneath a clear, blue sky?

Attached: images.jpg (310x163, 11K)

Wesley apologist

Armada, Elite Force, the two point and click MS Dos games were all great. STO is alright too just for anyone that ever wanted to captain a fairly customizable ship

With chair flying.
When the replicant screamed.

Attached: S02 E06 - The Schizoid Man.mkv_snapshot_08.58.802.jpg (1920x1080, 714K)

Suzi Plakson was hot as hell in every Star Trek appearance.

is it intentional that the fold in the female suits just happens to look like a nipple (especially at the original air resolution)

The only time I noticed a Star Trek game is when they did the one commercial where Shatner and the Gorn are trying to play co-op.

Star Control 2 is the best Star Trek game. It just doesn't have any actual Star Trek licensing.

Attached: ur quan kzer za.gif (568x250, 209K)

why does Data get so much tail

If you think data had women falling for him, just imagine what it was like for his bad-boy brother

>not at all a good fit for video games that aren't strategic
Ok, and what's the problem with that?

I believe the game that best embodies what a proper star trek game should look like was Xenoblade X. It was an RPG but you gained experience from discovering new locations, finding new resources and doing jobs that almost resemble government jobs. You had a main plot that would occasionally rear up for an episode, then you'd go back to episodic side stories based off all the different cast members and all the different alien species you encountered. The highlights of the game where whenever you got a new species to form a diplomatic alliance with the hyoumans and then the main city would change with the new aliens moving in and dozens of quests would open up about their culture and how they integrated into the city and they'd all play out like a random episode of Star Trek.

Then you finally get to the final mission and it plays out like every season finale ever complete with bogus cliffhanger

they aped 2001 without understanding that it was only good because it did it first

if you fast forward through the panning shots it's actually a decent movie, though

Why aren't there any party based RPGs based off of Star Trek? It's a perfect fit.

>tfw no romulan gf

It was good cause they did that shit in 68, with visuals that hold up today. Not really cause the concept of a deep scifi movie was done first.

It's like Citizen Kane, my dude. It's not really a special movie nowadays, it only got points for being influential. If another movie came shortly after taking all cues from it it'd be boring.

TMP wasn't influential. It just took bad decisions without taking on the context associated with them.

Star trek games, when the walls fell.

Attached: Dathon.jpg (1436x1080, 304K)

THE RIVER TEMARC... in winter.

>not klingon gf

Attached: grilka.jpg (692x530, 82K)

>tfw no qt bajoran gf as Cardassian master-race

Bajorans are acceptably grey and have better intellect than humans, which is a conspiracy pushed upon the galaxy by the ((((Vulkans))))

>ywn live on the klingon homeworld with your klingon gf
>ywn be a curiosity to all the klingon girls
>your gf will never fight them off to keep you

I want to die

Imagine the smell.

Skip it, Wrath of Khan is stellar.

I liked that Fmv game with the Klingons, it was like watching a Star Trek episode with alot of 4th wall breaking

Attached: Fat cat.jpg (1024x1024, 91K)

Wrath of Khan is a fantastic movie and it stands on its own too. I watched it before I knew anything about Star Trek and loved it.

Attached: Enterprise self destruct.webm (1130x480, 2.84M)

Klingon Honor Guard

Why is Janeway such a bigot?
#JanewayCamps #LetThemIn

Attached: 1900.webm (638x480, 1.78M)

Sure are a lot of faggots with shit taste in this thread. Where are my patrician bros at?

Attached: The Adama Maneuver.jpg (3200x2013, 552K)

Attached: 1943220118556.webm (456x340, 459K)

*ahem*

FUCK FEDDIES
AND FUCK RIDGE NOSES

Attached: 1561035052914.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

spoonhead

Damn, Janeway just went up in my rankings.

BG was cool.
It would be my favorite if she didn't exist.

Attached: Roslin1.png (1453x1080, 2.73M)

youtu.be/bYMfwBGveMg

While I like to watch Star Trek I can't think you could make a good Star Trek game I'd like to play. The stuff I liked about Star Trek was the exploration of interesting concepts in its specific vision of the future and the relationships/arcs of its characters. I dunno how you could simulate say, a season of TNG in video game form.

It seems so dated when you remember that Alien came out the same year

Season 4 ruined everyone. There wasn't a character left who didn't turn into a cunt

Attached: Adama Tigh.gif (500x275, 985K)

It was a different time

Attached: 1557788186801.png (716x583, 625K)

You should play Star Trek Online. The lore is solid, there is a lot of official Star Trek actors and it's free!

DEYTOOKERJERBS!

Neelix befriends a Benkaran prisoner in this episode who says that he's innocent and Benkarans are blamed for crimes just because they're Benkaran. At the end of the ep it turns out the Benkaran really was a criminal all along. He was also played by a black guy. I have no idea how they got away with it

M-MORTY *burp* I TURNED MYSELF INTO A STAR TREK SHOW
IM STAR TREK RIIIIIIIICK!

Attached: 06_lower_deck_group.jpg (1000x563, 323K)

She looks like my mom so I didn't really like since her first appearance

You poor bastard

Attached: Cavil.jpg (1786x1004, 884K)

>>tfw no orion gf

Attached: orionspl.jpg (623x900, 130K)

Both Elite Force games are really solid.

it's basically a regular episode stretched out way to fucking long by aping 2001 a space odyssey and could have been so much better if they made it half the length.
I'd recommend a person who has never watched it and likes Trek to watch it once, but then you're good honestly.
if nothing else hilarious to see bones as a discodude

Attached: Bajoran workers greentext.png (975x226, 56K)

>Romulans probably permanently fucked in the non alternate universe because the picard guy worked on the abrams films and will keep romulus destroyed as canon
FUCK

Attached: 1506624810274.jpg (326x264, 16K)

>I agree, even though I liked her, she should have been introduced earlier or not at all.
If I'm understanding the newest DS9 documentary right, the reason that they killed off Jadzia was because Terry Farrell's agency didn't want to renew her contract.

My understanding is that she wanted to finish up the show, but in the last season only as a guest (so she'd appear when really needed for the story, like Garrak, but not be in every episode). The producers of that show were morons and decided to just kill off her character instead.

Frankly, the whole Star Trek franchise has been mishandled almost since day one, and it's some kind of miracle that DS9 is as good as it is.

God that episode and the one where he woke up kira at one in the morning to tell her he fucked her mom were a fever dream.

Space pedo

Mine is at least as hairy, tho.

aren't those point and click games considered good?

I dunno. I admit to only half paying attention when my friends put on the documentary and I just remember them talking about how contracts need renewing, then the next scene was Terry crying about how she wanted to do it then transitioned to all the actors talking about how sad it was to lose her, with Rene Auberjonois (or was it Avery Brooks, can't remember) talking about how DS9 was her graduation, that her acting got better and better with each episode she was in.

ITS IN THE FRAAAAAAAAAKIN SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

Attached: It's in the frakking ship.jpg (624x352, 24K)

The story I always heard was that she wanted to continue but either wanted more money or wanted to only be a guest like you said - some kind of contractual change, anyway - and Rick Berman had never liked her and took the opportunity to cut her loose.

What's the deal with Ricks?

Attached: Terry Farrell.png (1000x3555, 847K)

Star Trek Bridge Commander
Star Trek Armada 3

Attached: 1519044504605.jpg (2035x2048, 759K)

As she should be

Fuck not again

Star Trek Online does some cool stuff with this too.