If you don't think the PS1 and PS2 were the peak of video games, you've just outed yourself as an underage faggot zoomer

If you don't think the PS1 and PS2 were the peak of video games, you've just outed yourself as an underage faggot zoomer

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/KnjnkLW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The whole generation was pretty much the peak. Shit, my favorite game is on GBA.

6th gen is king, even if various classics came out in 4th and 5th. There's never been a system with such an intensely packed library as the PS2, and the GCN and Xbox both had great exclusives.

PS2 library is truly unbelievable. This gen and the previous one have been a joke by comparison.

FWIW I also think that zoomers probably have strong feelings for the 360 and the Wii. Zoomers were too young for the PS2 Gen.

I think the snes's 2d maturity is superior to the ps1's 3d infancy, so I'd probably say snes and ps2 myself

5th Gen is full of some really rough shit that I think will become more and more charming as time goes on but doesn't have the timelessness of the SNES or the Genesis.

>le boomer zoomer boomzoom

PS2 was the peak, that catalog holy shit

lol

the peak was the the original NES and SNES tho

ps1 was kinda shitty though. its all about ps2

Ps4 is better

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

PS2 was backwards compatible with PS1 so it's not even worth mentioning PSX save for those titles that didn't port.
The combined library between the two is probably the best library in gaming. You're spoiled for choice.

If you mean the PS1 and PS2 era, then yes.

Those consoles in particular? Fuck no.

If the Wii was your first mainline console, I wish you weren't allowed to have an opinion on video games.

those eras were nothing without sony

I'm 25 and the Wii was my first console, but that's because we were poor growing up and that was the first console I bought with my paper route money.

this

there wasn't anything remotely good besides sony at that point

I don't think about the PS at all unless someone else is bringing it up. Only Nintendo is relevant to me.

All the best games were on DOS though.
Dumb consoletard.

Attached: DOSpc.jpg (745x992, 160K)

Boomers don't exist.
Zoomers don't exist.
You either like retro consoles or you don't. This meme is garbage.

What if you were a 30-something year old Nintendofag that thinks that anything Sony is bad?
Wait, you're a wojakfag so you don't actually have the brain cells to comprehend anything that isn't le boom zoom doom yoom

Attached: 1564622761737.jpg (640x480, 56K)

>NES
Fuck off with this absolute bullshit.

The NES has nothing but trash. Every "good" game on NES is 100x better on SNES.

Attached: eaf.png (568x388, 82K)

What do you mean "this"? Fucking moron.

You gonna sit there and say the Gamecube was better? Fuck off.

Bing Bing Wahooo

If you're under the age of 21 in 2019, you're subhuman trash beyond saving. You're the smartphone generation, you're garbage.

>What if you were a 30-something year old Nintendofag that thinks that anything Sony is bad?
Then you're pathetic

t. 21 year old

pajeet, wipe your fingers

>implying it wasn't

97-01 was probably the peak of video games, 95-04 if you want to really extend it.

How about you tell us why the ps1 and 2 are the peak of gaming instead of insisting on it.

Big old boomer ass here and the ps1 and 2 suck. Silent Hill is the only worthwile franchise I can think of and you can play them on pc.

>If you browse Yea Forums in 2019, you're subhuman trash beyond saving.
Fixed

Thanks for the cancer, most of those are AAA cashgrabs.

But PS1 and PS2 was literally what zoomers grew up on, you fucking grade-A retard.

Attached: this nigga serious.gif (400x225, 1.01M)

So the boomzoom OP was just a pretense then
Could've just asked for a basic consolewar thread

Woooooooooooow, this fucking retard is seriously trying to argue the Gamecube was better than the PS2.

Nintendo is one hell of a drug.

PS2 > SNES > PS1 tbqh

I'm 29, get off this website you child.

god forbid people like other consoles that aren't sony

>SNES
fuck off boomer

No one cares about your shit taste

Says the guy with an irrational hatred of every Playstation game

boomyzoomy

You don't know what a zoomer is.

You can like it, but to call it better than the PS2? Give me a break.

zoom zoom zoom.

based
its ps1 and then xbox

>What if you were a 30-something year old Nintendofag that thinks that anything Sony is bad?
then you're mentally a zoomer and your opinion is discarded.

I'm an adult. I just think this meme is stupid and is just another way to say "thing I like thing I don't like".

>You don't know what a zoomer is.
It seems like you don't, actually.

Attached: zoomers.png (413x100, 4K)

nice baito desu

They were based but the cube and xbox1 deserve some credit as well and if you’re just praising the ps1 and ps2 because of the shit ton of quality rpgs don’t forget super nes has a lot and nes has the OG ones

>You are group I don't like, therefore I will play identity politics even though I criticize other websites for doing the same thing

Attached: 1564288708748.jpg (640x640, 116K)

So they were at best 10 years old when the PS3 came out, what's your point? They grew up on the PS3/4 not the 1/2.

Kids play video games before they turn 10, you know that right?

Look how great the ps1 and 2 are!
- No Game-Titles in the whole thread.

What a thread!

No one appreciates anything they played before 10 years old. You know that right?

You gotta admit, it's pretty clever how one shill marketing campaign irreversibly changed the thought process of hundred, if not thousands of people

Attached: 1526762243182.png (1410x1733, 789K)

>No one appreciates anything they played before 10 years old.
nigga what

Attached: 2016300-1453691072566-VcBy3z-i_400x400-1.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Imagine ever thinking Sony was good

Attached: 9A5D25C9-6193-4673-BF72-77BDC085715D.jpg (607x364, 366K)

You don't know what a good game is before 10 years old.

I"LL SAVOR THIS

>Game "journalism"
I wouldn't wipe my ass with a piece of games journalism

So if their judgement is off, wouldn't that mean that they would be less picky and generally indulge in video games the most when they're below 10?
What point are you trying to make here?

That you're a retard

why does this place complain about jews but worships faceless corporations

Well you're not doing a very good job, it's only working against you.

Everybody who has wojaks saved to their hard-drive and uses the phrase boomer/zoomer outed themselves as being an underage teenager.
Vidya peaked with the PC Engine and Sega CD, by the way.

Attached: ackchyually.png (398x398, 70K)

Post the full image that proves it's all the same redditer.

Attached: boomer.png (1408x3352, 1.22M)

> Waaah doesn’t count
Cope

IN MY OPINION games in general peak in the PS1 era BUT most of the best games ever are from the PS2 era but the general quality of most games declined.

I always feel like a fucking hipster when I say it but I loved the PS1 more than 2. I know two had the best overall library but more of my favorite shit is one 1 like both Breath of Fire 3 and 4, MegaMan Legends, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story, Armored Core. Either it's weird mechanics that never caught on, aesthetics that only worked because that's the best that generation could do, or in Armored Core's case, the right level of system complexity

Something happenned in the Ps2 era that hasnt happenned ever, a lt of people were still playing PS1 games,there must have been a reason.

games nowadays are much better than those we had as kids. I say this as a person born in 1986 so I've played all the video games.

While there were interesting titles on the PS1, PS2's library is the most uninspired game library i can think of, pretty much mostly weebshit and a handful of good actual games that would hold their own on PC.

you guys can afford a ps4 ?

i think maybe because that was the last generation gap that feels like you're committing to a whole new level of games. After that, PS2 to 3 and then to 4 felt more like a gradual upgrade. PS1 to PS2 feels like you're actually committed to leaving something behind before moving on.

>console trash
they were peak of shittiness alright

>I say this as a person born in 1986 so I've played all the video games
I agree, fellow 12 year old

No one plays PC, no one is friends with PC players, no one likes you. Go away, this is a console only thread.

Attached: 1560978388322.png (1979x1195, 137K)

The reason the ps2 had such a diverse library is because sub HD development is way cheaper and could be done by smaller teams you fucking graphics fags are the reason gaming is shit.

SNES was better

Fuck off wojakshitter

Yea Forums doesn't need an unofficial mascot. It needs you to leave

I am not le zoomer I am le boomer of dankness le siiiips

To be serious for a moment, this whole meme is pretty fucking stupid.
This all started because of one guy too.

Now in 2018-2019, Early Zoomers are posting childhood nostalgia online for Late 00s-early 10s stuff like Party rock anthem, Cool math games, PS3, iCarly, and Minecraft.

Attached: 1552794149084.png (1101x1211, 794K)

pcfags only play whatever garbage tencent and blizzard shit out for them. your opinions are meaningless.

a 20-year-old wouldn't be old enough to have nostalgia for newgrounds.

Top 3 consoles of all time:
SNES
NES
PS2

brb digging out my CRT tv and NES. I'm gonna play some Ninja Gaiden 2.

I'm 19 and I refuse to own a smartphone

At least put an era-appropriate CD-rom drive in there. There were no 52x's for a while.

Sure they would. Newgrounds was in its heyday from its inception in the mid-90s to 2009.

Which cultural era was better as a whole and for games: 1993-1997 ("real 90s"), or 1998-2004 (Y2K era)?

Attached: n0i8esgum5d31.png (1306x807, 580K)

Why do you guys think 472531096 posts this all the time?

Yes they fucking would. It's not like Newgrounds stopped existing during that time. They just might not have nostalgia for the same specific things as you.

Dude where the fuck is persona 5?

What's your point? That time passes, and young people grow older, and trends change? Wow, how insightful.

Have you not seen that pic before? He worked very hard on it and spams it every thread he can.
Funny thing is, he was born in 1995, so he would be considered a Zoomer by the retarded Yea Forums definition.

Best 3D consoles were N64 and early Fat PS3

prove me wrong

I remember oldfags born in the early 80s and late 70s used to hate people who grew up on the "gaystation" and n64 and who had no memories of the nes, but now those people are calling themselves boomers and even trying to cram the ps2 into the old school category

it's not a meme it's reality, it's just other names used for Gen Y and Z

>le seethe cringe redditjak

Do all Zoomers love Minecraft?

Yes I am really le 25 year old baby boomer!

Yeah, the truth is that boomers and Zoomers don't exist.
You can be a 23 year old who loves NES games.

zoom zoom

What are Zoomers?

>that 20 yo zoomer who is just desperate to be labeled as a boomer and keeps claiming that zoomers are only 2000 and onwards

Zoomers don't exist.

People born in 2000 were unconscious in 2004, the last year before youtube, facebook, myspace, blu ray and new school cartoons existed. I'm getting tired of millennial nitpickers, normal people who don't obsess over this shit see 90s borns as one homogenous group. Someone born in 1999 has more in common with gen z, but someone born in 1979 also has more in common with millennials, yet people don't lose their shit when we label them as gen x

Also, here's proof that I'm not a Zoomer:
In another thread, someone said "Zoomers hate OoT".
However, OoT is one of my favorite video games, and I grew up playing it. This is indisputable proof that I am not a Zoomer.

Can you stop obsessing and nitpicking over this in every thread? Zoomer is a loose insult for newer user, like "newfag", and doesn't have a strict definition.

If you think the 5th gen transition to 3D wasn't almost exclusively awful then you're blinded by nostalgia. 4th gen and 6th gen are both better than 5th gen. 5th gen is ass.

>Sneaking in Resident Evil 4
Bro, that's not originally on PS4.
Doesn't count, fuckwit.

I'm glad we all agree the PS3/360/Wii era was the absolute worst ever.

My 13yo brother likes Ocarina of Time, it doesn't change what generation he's in

I wouldn't be sperging out about it if people didn't keep spamming "boomer this, Zoomer that".
I'm trying to send a message, but unfortunately everyone's an idiot.
There's also a tongue-in-cheek angle to my posts, in case you haven't noticed.

I can't imagine being over 13 and liking Ocarina of Time for anything but a nostalgia trip

>but someone born in 1979 also has more in common with millennials, yet people don't lose their shit when we label them as gen x
They do but they just don't post here. I've seen people born around 79 who get mad when they're considered Gen X because they say they had Internet in high school unlike someone born in 65, and were too young for Reality Bites, and think they're really "Xennials" or something.

Or, alternatively, generations are completely artificial.
If you're an 18 year old who likes "boomer" things like Nintendo 64, Star Wars, The Beatles, and Gameboy games, what's the functional difference between you and a literal boomer who likes the same things?
There's an obvious age difference, but the two people have more in common than that same 18 year old and another 18 year old who likes Bieber, Fortnite, and the Avengers.

I've been on this rock for 20-something years, and I've interacted with a lot of people, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that generalizing groups of people based off of arbitrary criteria is always a bad idea. A man is an individual; sometimes he can be part of a group, but men from all walks of life should be judged by their individual characteristics and nothing more.

>metacritic

nintendo fans are so retarded lmao

Welp, this is it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>just lost 4k in stocks
>family wants to stab and murder and kill me until im dead
>keep hearing niggers giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

stream URL + quick rundown:
pastebin.com/KnjnkLW8

Thank you all, frens.

Attached: IMG_2019SJZNW38392_28SWJSJW2.jpg (1008x756, 319K)

Here you can your average late 90s zoomer who started gaming on the Ps2 and thinks 6th gen was the golden age. Here you see the zoomers that think 2000-2010 was the best time for gaming, anything before is outdated and anything after is shit. You faggots ruined the industry, look at industry numbers before the Ps2 and compare them to industry numbers after, everything bloated up more than 5x as much because of you kiddies. More than that, look at the shitty attach rates for Ps2 games. Games that some of you fags pretend to regard as masterpieces like Shadow of the Colossus barely scraped 1 million on a 150mil system while AAA shit like GTA and sports games sold like hotcakes, and you continued those consumer habits into 7th gen and beyond once DLC became a standard.

And by the way, SNES had a way more quality library than Ps2 pound for pound. I can name 30 timeless, GOAT titles for the SNES just off the top of my head, games that are all no less than a 9/10. For all the quantity of Ps2's library so much of it was shovelware, padding, or an inferior multiplat. Get real.

Hey, guess what?
Not everyone born in the late 90s thinks 2000-2010 was the best time for gaming. A lot of them love the classics from the 80s and 90s.

>The NES has nothing but trash
super mario 3
Castlevania 3
Ducktales
Legend of Zelda
Kirby's dreamland
Gargoyle's Quest 2
Megaman (any one of them)
Do I need to go on?

PS1 was jank. Most of the games just aren't fun to play through nowadays. Try playing through a PS1 era JRPG and see how much of the game you spend loading, or wandering through an empty room to hide the fact the game is busy loading the next areas. They play at a painful crawl. N64 games held up so much better.

PS2 was legit great though.

>I can name 30 timeless, GOAT titles for the SNES just off the top of my head
wow 30 2D sidescrollers that nobody wants to play. cool

They're both wojak edits

SNES, N64, PS1, and PS2, get it right zoomer.

In the 2000s, 1978 and 1979 were always included as the start of gen y. They were still kids in the early 90s, and still teens in the late 90s. People born in 78-79 like Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ashton Kutcher were considered gen y actors back in the day

>PRE 2000 BAD
I hope this is bait. Some of those games are also RPGs and racing games FYI

I thought it was pretty funny then it quickly got old fucking fast.

>RPGs
peaked in the PS1 era. get over it
>racing games
lmao truly delusional. If there is one genre that benefits the most from newer tech it is racing games.

Whatever you say kid. Those games are still fun to play on SNES today and you wouldn't have your Ps2 versions without them. Talking about this with you is a waste of time though.

>2d platformers
I get enough of those on steam

>Those games are still fun to play on SNES
yeah ok faggot. enjoy mario kart and I'll enjoy forza with my logitec wheel.

SNES was limited with what devs could do with it. the PS1 era was more experimental and weird. The PS2 was when everything really came together and devs could start making interesting 3D titles but game development had not yet become a bloated mess that required 100 million dollars and 8 years to make a single title. It's pretty obvious why so many people view it as the peak

How many games does ps2 have?

>Not SNES

kys trash
hope you'll never pay back your student debt

I agree but I've been on the internet long enough to see this shit come and go. The NES used to be unarguably the best console ever made, then NES boomers got married and stopped posting on forums all day so the SNES became the best console ever. Then the same with them and N64 was the best. Now it's our turn with the 6th gen, I guess.
Come back in 5 years and people will be nostalgic for the xbox 360

I don't really fall for boomer/zoomer memes, but why does there seem to be a huge taste gap in games among the people who are close in age?

In my workplace, everyone above 25-26 has their best games from SNES, PS1, PS2, and even some are huge fan for classic JRPGs like FFVII, but when I asked my youngest folks (21-22 on average), before, their answer blew me away because they said they did have played PS1 or PS2 but on the other hand they didn't have a bond with those games very much.

Why does this 3 or 4 year gap make such a difference?

360 nostalgia already happened

Too fucking many

Demon souls isn't whole lot really.

Microgenerations, user. It's happening with pretty much everything now, but games are a good example. If a new console comes out every 5 years, small differences in age like that will affect what games you had access to during your formative years, which will affect your taste in games. It's why "boomers" on this board aren't actually baby boomers, and are really like 10 years (max) older than most of the zoomers on this board.

>First console is ps2