What is the optimal keyboard for gaming?

What is the optimal keyboard for gaming?

Attached: mechanical-keyboard-the-glorious-gmmk-2_b2af4c17-9dc3-4416-b99d-566bf7539580.jpg (1024x682, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyVSANPnLlg
corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/K70-RGB-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-—-CHERRY®-MX-Speed-RGB/p/CH-9101014-NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keystone or Wooting

Attached: Analog actuation point.webm (630x354, 2.86M)

Attached: Analog Keyboard.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

How does Yea Forums feel about the numpad on the left?

Attached: 71vK+-E85aL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 130K)

absolutely disgusting

Attached: masterkeys.jpg (1280x960, 90K)

Finally had to get rid of my CM Storm as they keys were starting to not register. Got a Corsair strafe mk. 2 with silent cherry reds and I'm liking it so far.

Why isn't this more widespread? This I think is the main advantage of controllers over keyboards.

cost, same reason people still use shitty TN monitors

Logitech K120
fuck all your marketing and fancy gimmicks

The sad thing is games should have that acceleration feature and you shouldn't need hardware for it. Game devs in this day and age are just fucking retarded with 0 play experience. That's why csgo, overwatch, fortnite etc. all have the same issue which is garbage movement with way too fast acceleration. Overwatch being the worst offender, you can't even move pixel accurate because the acceleration is way too fast. And cs had it right in 1.6 and the 2009 version of source, just fucking orange box tf2 mongoloids working on csgo with no idea about good movment acceleration mechanics. Even call of duty had it right back in the day with cod2/cod4 etc.

Gregg angry

gregg rulz ok

Here you go, the best one

Attached: 71DAxd6vdBL._SX425_.jpg (425x300, 9K)

Dygma Raise

Split and independently viable, ergonomic (tent/tilt etc), swappable sockets for any sort of compatible switches, RGB everywhere you want, PBT keycaps, open source firmware and config software, included removable palm rests, spacebar broken into 4 mini bars to be used as you like + 4 underrow low profile mech keys meaning real useful macro key placement, and lots more.

Can't wait for mine to arrive soon. If you don't have a massive hard-on for ortholinear (in that case get one of the Ergodox but these need a major upgrade) or want a massively different layout, its pretty much the best split/ergonomic board Iv'e seen thus far.

Whatever feels the best for you. You shouldn't be wasting your time playing multiplayer treadmills anyway.

REEEEEE I ordered a pizza at 15:06 and its not here yet at 16:25. Fucking hell.

Keystone seems better

You cannot debate this.

Attached: 1457734688123.png (1000x1200, 159K)

Get rekt idiot. Your stupid toy rattles:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyVSANPnLlg

>cherry

Attached: 1560146756423.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

What's wrong with cherry?

The one that you find the most comfortable to use

which one should I get if I've been using a really flat laptop keyboard for 8 years

Comfy.

Attached: 918e33SZeKL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x614, 209K)

Nobody can keep their fingers at a middle actuation point for any decent amount of time, human fingers eventually have to bottom out.

>Brown
>Babby's First Switch
t. never tried browns before

unless you have a way to check some mechanical keyboards you probably shouldn't get one, mechanical switches are completely different from scissor switches

Attached: endgame.jpg (3024x3024, 1.1M)

Been thinking about a new keyboard but honestly my stupid razer arctosa somehow still works perfectly since I built my computer in 2011. No idea what to get when it finally goes.

That laptop uses rubber shit. If all you care about is keeping that mushy feeling, just get a cheap piece of shit keyboard.

Just get a G Pro and stop crying.

Attached: lgtchgpro.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

I was down at the electronics store today and they had cherry samples. Honestly, I understand the "reds with dirt in them" description; they just feel mucky and less smooth.

Blues are tactile, but the click is so much more satisfying.

>tenkey-less
Idiot.

I'm ditching razor

corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/K70-RGB-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-—-CHERRY®-MX-Speed-RGB/p/CH-9101014-NA

Attached: -CH-9101014-NA-Gallery-K70-RAPIDFIRE-RGB-NA-001.png (1200x1200, 884K)

>Romer-G
>cheap plastic switches
>single-shot keycaps
>not cherry-compatible
>overpriced
disgusting
t. G Pro owner
Blue suck major shit for gaming though, and we are on the video games board. It's supposed have a tactile bump for typing, but it's also supposed to have an initial 45g actuation force for gaming. Personally I don't mind scratchy keys so much because when you're bottoming out it doesn't really matter anyways.

>Blue suck major shit for gaming though
You're buying way too hard into the memes. They don't suck for gaming, they're just not explicitly designed for gaming. A mechanical board with cherry blues is still light years better than a $10 rubber dome keyboard for gaming.

why do companies hate low profile keys so much?

>needing a numpad
LOL

There are certain lines of productivity where a numpad is absolutely imperative. Not everyone in the world is a worthless moron who only uses his PC to play videogames and shitpost.

It's a moot point either way, Logitech keyboards are garbage because of their keyswitches. Good job getting memed.

I just started using this one today. The keys are very nice, they kinda have the same feel and sound as mouse buttons do.

Attached: razer-ornata-chroma-1200x630.png (1200x630, 335K)

one that goes
CLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACK

deskjockey cope

I don't know man. I borrowed a friend's blues for a bit and my fingers got fatigued way too quickly to game well. Might be different for you though, that's just my preference.

The only keyboard you'll ever need.

Attached: ObUkIWc.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

which one of these can make me type the fastest? I am stuck at around 75~wpm.

There are a few pics of these around outside of the dygma site's standard pics itself, but here's one of the prototypes/testers sent to a backer to test it out before they go into full production

If nothing else I can say the company behind them are non-shit. Of pretty much the entire crowdfunded hardware kit I've seen, they've been some of the most straight forward - frequent updates, if there are delays they say and show exactly why in detail, and made refunds available to anyone who wanted them . All around a quality outfit.

Attached: IMG-20190725-WA0016.jpg (1600x1200, 87K)

Corsair is better than Razer's keyboards by far, but you can still do better. You may want to look at Drop and check out their 3 or 4 models (I think one is CTRL, one is ALT , one is SHIFT or some shit, all with different layouts) that mechanical enthusiast-level keyboards with standard, good quality parts. They also sell a bunch of special little mini keyboard kits or specialty layouts (ie HHKB) but the CTRL and whatnot are solid offerings powered by open source QMK firmware/config (I think) and compatible with most aftermarket mods/keycaps etc. This is better and around the same price as Corsair, Ducky, etc.. and a few others that may have less features and/or non-standard bottom rows etc.

desu tried this but its literally just a membrane keyboard with metal clips under the keycaps to make the noise
after about 2 days some of them went soft, had to remove the key and gentle pull the metal clip back up. got my money back later

Attached: 1555633398413.png (371x353, 148K)

I've never understood split keyboards. Why should somebody use one?

Mechanical switches are supposed to be big and that serves as advertisement and easy recognition of the product I guess. I use the Ornata and the low profile keys are great.

Couple of reasons. First one is ergonomics. Besides the Dygma Raise, check out the Ergodox EZ and the Keyboardio Model01. Split keyboards allow for more natural wrist positioning by default, but they also can be capable of having tilting, tenting, and other positional options to make it better for your wrists and comfort.

There's also versatility. Dygma Raise (and many but not all others of the type) work independently so if you only need the left side and want to use it as a "gameboard" style along with your mouse while you game, you can do that. They also tend to have "extra" buttons that are in better places and more useful than a "standard" layout keyboard.

Space saving is another option, but that's in part due to the design and overall setup. Overall, the Raise I've found is probably the easiest to use for someone coming from a standard keyboard (ie its not ortholinear which takes an adjustment period and some don't like etc) and for gaming in particular its "extra" keys of the split space bar and the under row are actually useful compared to lots of other "gaming" keyboards with macro keys over somewhere hard to reach above or to the left of the normal clusters.

I haven't used cherry blues much. I bought a Cooler Master MK750 with blues recently, but refunded it because the O key was already registering doubles or nothing. Most of my clicky experience comes with Razer Greens and Kailh Box Whites

For optimal typing gains, just make sure you get something with a tactile bump (in that image, the common choices are brown or blue).

Linear like Cherry Red or Speed Silver aren't good for typing.

I really don't think that's as much of an issue. There are plenty of people who type on linear types without any issue. If ALL you do is type constantly then I can see getting something tactile (and possibly clicky if you don;'t have coworkers to annoy with CLAK CLAK CLAK) but if you game or have any mixed use Linear makes better sense I figure.

Speed Silver ( either Cherry or Kailh ) may be even better as you're likely to get a "natural" tactile bump by bottoming out the key due to the shallower points of both activation and travel. This isn't to say you can't do either task on either type of keyset, but in general linear is probably best for those who game with any frequency.

have sex

you offering?

You can get used to anything. It's still objectively easier to make typos on linear than tactile.

10/10

I don't give a shit about what type of keyboard it is as long as the keys are nice.

noob here, what does low profile keys mean?

for me? its the HHKB Pro 2!

Attached: hhkb x zowie.jpg (3264x2448, 1.45M)

maximum ergonomics coming through

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 9.32.33 AM.png (1199x676, 1.22M)

>his keyboard uses ABS keycaps and not based PBT
Explain yourself.

what's that circular 1 2 3 thing

What's the most gimmicky ergonomic keyboard you've seen?

I got tired of razor stuff breaking down all the time that shit doesn't last a year before I have to send it back.
I have to send my Razor Naga back once I get the money back and I buy a Corsair mice similar to Naga

fuck you

its called an s switch. basically a remote to change monitor settings to your liking. p handy

Wrong.

@472537030
good explanation

What do you use the analog stick for?

Not an argument.

Thoughts on Razer?

I just got a Ducky One 2 with MX reds and it's great. Typing feels so good. Had a Razer Black Widow before that and that was pretty awful. You should definitely try different switches beforehand though; don't listen to what anyone else says. Just be aware that the switches with more resistance can be exhausting to type on for long times. Other than that, it's all about what feels and sounds good to you. Mechanical keyboards are mostly about feels and durability.