How the fuck could Capcom save this franchise?

How the fuck could Capcom save this franchise?
How the fuck has SFV stuck around for so long with so much negativity and bad reception?

Attached: Capture.jpg (527x576, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1156742613078302720
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/faqs/69921
streetfighter.com/characters/lucia/
streetfighter.com/characters/poison/
twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/1156934859484356610
youtu.be/vJ86u--82Sk?t=66
youtu.be/pIpA5YlgGek?t=49
google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=was poison originally a woman
twitter.com/cva1046/status/1156931358930788352?s=21
youtube.com/watch?v=z5CscridX_g
youtube.com/watch?v=oeQzR5Y3hJA
youtube.com/watch?v=_BG58tywljI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPKYFkkXqs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5LFwW_R9UA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ig-E8sBK18
youtube.com/watch?v=crQvNJFV_Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBkXFfQW28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cuz no dudley

Its fine now. The frame delay is pretty much gone.

They can update the input delay as much as they want, it's still a trash game and a travesty of a Street Fighter. We need SF6.

what is considered the best SF. I’m playing SFV and liking it but I might pick up the 30th anniversary collection and want to play what people consider the “main” one.

and the netcode is still shit after years

Every person you ask will give you a different answer.
Super Turbo, Alpha 2, 3rd Strike, Ultra are the "best" versions of each entry

Get rid of the ugly as fuck 3d models and go back to 2d like Third Strike. Also cut out all the annoying cutscene animations that play mid match, nobody needs to see that shit.

It's not possible to save SFV. It's fundamentally broken in such a way that core aspects of the gameplay need such an extensive overhaul that even the character models themselves would need design changes. It really would perhaps be easier for them to make a whole new game than attempt to fix V.

Speaking of which, whoever was responsible for the character design in SFV needs to be fired. The majority of returning characters are visually their worst iteration. Anything which was originally iconic about them has been removed or changed to be more boring. Almost all of the new characters look washed out and generic or simply freakish. Even the new movesets and supers often fail to be visually distinct in a way which provides characterization.

>How the fuck has SFV stuck around for so long with so much negativity and bad reception?
Because they make more money than any other fighting game on the market (except MK 11) just with esports ads and DLC

>I spent money on this game
>I kept defending it for years
>Capcom literally never delivered anything good and are too lazy to put in characters people actually want

Attached: 1553205938452.jpg (495x362, 30K)

I see, thanks for giving me an honest answer rather than what is your personal favorite. Guess I’ll start with 3rd strike

>SF5 is bad we need 6
>SF6 is bad
>WE NEED SF7
Just switch to something else.

The thing is that dedicated Street Fighter players are not fighting game fans, they are Capcom fans. They follow wherever Capcom leads them, even if it's right off a cliff. Remember how hard the "FGC" were pushing MvCI before realising it was a lost cause?

Have fun, friend. Hope you enjoy the older SFs

For the love of God fire Ono already

The name kept it alive, any other fighting game would have died long ago. When you think about it it's crazy, the game was basically in a beta state for 2 years.

Did better than SF3 and it’s iterations at least. Not saying a whole ton though

Where do people get PC mods for this game? I want to download costume mods and also quality of life mods like the ones that make the backgrounds not look horrible

>characters people actually want
But S3 was just characters that people won't stfu about. I don't think the roster is a flaw, newcomers are the best ever

devianart

They're abandoning it after CPT. Mark my words they'll just do one last character and then a F2P version

Ken is still the best looking redesign of a vet and he's held back by his horrible model

There are tons. Well I've seen tons

Saying it's a trash game is extremely hyperbolic. What do you even think bad about it?

hey retard, we already know there are 3 characters coming on the 4th
they literally just announced it on the official twitter after everyone saw the leak

This

They are not for 4th, they're for Winter, hence why it's called "Summer 2019 Characters"

There have been the same valid criticisms for SFV since it's beta, the game has not improved in many ways for its entire lifespan. With crush counters, stubby normals, cutting moves and putting them as v skill / v trigger, changing all character playstyle towards rush down play, the problem is at the core design of what they want SFV to be

Don't pick up 30th, the online is dead. Just download fightcade.

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1156742613078302720
>Characters out Aug. 4th
Yea they're for "winter"
What are you on about

Eh
How much have you even played the game? Which rank were you at?

All fighting games are flawed. It would be easy to shit on Tekken or DBFZ. The difference is there's just like ten times the negativity surrounding SFV

I thought you were talking about the other 3 that are coming (Oro & company)

This. I have no clue as to how I can set it to 4-5 bars only, and still get paired with someone who king crimsons me any time I press a button.

That's right bro, don't leave the stream after grand finals. That trailer is coming, they're gonna do a reveal this time.

They're not gonna reveal at EVO, it's for Winter (CPT)

Not a very fair comparison considering the different market and eSports environment SFV was released to. New gen and 2nd impact were rightfully bashed and got their backs blown out of arcades. 3s was a significant rebranding effort, but even for Street Fighter you had to capture lightning in a bottle or die off quick and dirty. SFV is living off of a Capcom pro tour life support plan.

Honestly the only reason it's stuck around is the name only. The rosters pretty good and AE did alot to improve the game but there's still so many fundamental flaws at the core of the game (little to no defensive options, cookie cutter combos that lower the skill ceiling, shit balance, etc.) It boggles my mind how many quality of life issues the game had in 2016 either have never been addressed or took literal years for them to fix. The game still requires you to go through fucking hoops when you install the game in 2019 just to get it to start.

If capcom wants to save the franchise they need to launch a game with fucking content. Not necessarily a full blown story mode (especially since this and MVCI proved they just can't do it well), but literally and arcade mode with rival battles and bosses, survival mode, throw in some gimmicky shit like team battles or something and a good roster and call it a day. Give it GGPO or put all the dev time into proper netcode and actually develop the online modes. Market it as a return to form and emphasize that it has casual appeal since the pros will eat it up regardless of who they market it to as long as there's prize money behind it. Considering capcom's other properties as of late I have no doubt they can do it but they really need to show people that they're on their shit if they want the game to sell.

Yeah bro but they're going to do a secret reveal after Evo grand finals too. Why else would they make a 'leak' official? A trailer with at least one more character is basically guaranteed.

I'm not that guy but if you really wanna go.

Let's start with the visuals. Poorly implemented slow staggered animations with clunky followthrough is a baseline necessity for every single character.

Movement is the slowest and worst it has ever been in a SF game, which is the core variable in the concept of footsies.

The crush counter system paired with the priority engine create an incredibly streamlined flowchart where your offense is strictly forced into stock frametraps. Offense has never felt more canned in a SF game.

The normals, god help them. Ignoring the shitty animations, on top of that you have visually inconsistent hitboxes assosciated with the normals themselves, typically a much shorter range than one would expect (case in point, ryu cr MK, or another good example would be dictator st MK).

This is all shit that just flew off the top of my head, there's a laundry list more that I'm sure someone who actually gives a fuck could educate you on.

To bring up Tekken or DBFZ is laughable. Tekken is very much so its own beast and if anything has done an excellent job of levelling the playing field while not completely sacrificing its persona. DBFZ while not a masterpiece by any sense, is a fanservice game first and exceeds spectacularly in that regard. As a fighting game you're certainly better off trying something like GG+R, Xrd, Unist, or BB in terms of anime games, but they're all differnet flavours of a different style of fighting game, for a game to introduce a bunch of drooling mongs to the anime flavour, it does well enough.

Meanwhile, SF5 remains remarkably stiff and uninteresting to play.

That's not to say I don't enjoy it or don't play it, I'd play it more if there was more interest, but the fact of the matter is- interest has waned in the series, and 5 is absolutely to blame. SF4 was practically jesus in resurrecting the genre, SF5 was a lazy cash in from pretty much every angle.

Attached: ueWjl.jpg (419x470, 41K)

For me it's too focused on revenge meters, unfavorable 50/50's, and forced options. It's not the Street Fighter that I used to play, and it's not a new Street Fighter that I want any part of. Personally SFV feels more like an anime game with its focus on lockdown and distinct/weirder character archetypes, but instead of having cool movement options or crazy characters, it's neutered legacy movesets, comedically bad redesigns, and staight-up awful aesthetic quality. Personally, it's the first and only Street Fighter that I don't at least enjoy the basic gameplay, and I just want it to go back.

What this guy said. I know all fighting games have their bullshit, but most modern FGs have mechanics to offset the bullshit, like BB/GGs burst and barrier block, SF4’s focus attacks, etc. You’re stuck with V-Reversals which might be the most inefficient defensive option in an FG ever. The V-System sucks ass in general and is part of the reason the game has such shit balance.

Outside of Sakura and Falke, animations in SFV are actually very good. I have to go to work so I can't say anymore, but based on that alone you're delusional and full of shit

you simply have bad taste

they need to strictly operate their fighting games from japan. ive been following this very closely and the #1 issue with their fighting games is that they let wiggers, muslims, etc. in the US and the UK have way too much power and influence over the games, the marketing for the games, their events, etc.

Attached: 1534413854068.png (618x819, 740K)

>How the fuck has SFV stuck around for so long with so much negativity and bad reception?
Because it's actually good and the only people who complain about it are memers.

Honestly I have to agree. Capcom of America and UK have too much influence over Street Fighter especially.

The game doesn't feel rewarding to improve in because the gameplay is not complex enough.
There, I said it. It's not fun.

>How the fuck could Capcom save this franchise?
Just make SFVI and make sure it's fun and pretty
The FGC was founded by capcom shills during the SFII days and those same people are largely still around, still shilling capcom games the same way they did back then. Unfortunately, it would take a monumental event for Capcom games not to be the driving force of the FGC

What part of they're not gonna announce anything more at EVO you didn't get for the passive-aggressive reddit like response you're giving?

There are some foreign entities that made significant contributions to jap fighting game development. Seth Killian, Michael Murray, and much of modern SNK for example. It's a matter of sifting through the actual worthwhile talent, something Capcom clearly doesn't do for its outsourced fighting game content these days.

Also refer to this as a consequence on how Street Fighter policy was influenced by non-Japan branches:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/faqs/69921

Lucia seems to have taken a lot from K' from KoF, but her animations in general look recycled
streetfighter.com/characters/lucia/

Poison also seems to have had big changes, maybe a little Whip in there but I mean they are characters with whips and there is only so much you can do
streetfighter.com/characters/poison/

Both their models look rushed though, while E Honda looks really good. Lucia barely looks like she is from the same game, the face is completely different. I think the last 6 months have only been spent on this, SFV is running dry. It can be saved, but it now wont

Attached: 1560213902368.jpg (944x598, 173K)

There is honestly no saving any game that comes out of the Capcom fighting games division. People shit on Ono but even if they fire him for good and get someone else that guy will fail too as long as they continue the give the dev teams zero budget. They are happy spend on Pro Tours and othe E-Sport crap, but the game themselves get pennies.

>How the fuck could Capcom save this franchise?
Still number 2 at evo.

>We need SF6.
Like you would be satisfied with that. We both know you just want to bitch. You don't deserve shit, nigger.

By being Street Fighter. Like it or not, most people prefer what they're familiar with regardless of quality.

>Save SFV
>They bring back this dude (IMG related)
This game deserves all of the shit it got .

Attached: SFoison.jpg (400x540, 88K)

And yet Street Fighter players have the largest numbers of players branching out to other games. Yet you only see tekkucks play Tekken while shittalking everything else. Same with anime fags.

Bro its not even funny anymore. I'm sure even Capcom knows the game has held on to No. 2 in spite of itself. We getting close to the natural end of SFV's run, we ought try to make sure the curse of this doesn't follow into the next iteration.

>Forced options
Not that I disagree with you on the whole, but, what does this even mean?

Ono even cancelled his EVO appearance.

They actually retconned Poison a long time ago. She isn't a he anymore.

What I hate most about SFV is how hard it is to control a match. The game doesn't reward careful slow play, only menat can kind of play that game effectively when it is the base of Street Fighter. You are required to constantly press an advantage, staying in neutral gains you nothing and you can't just chip away at someone's life bar effectively. This would be okay if you had a varied offence and good defensive tools. But you don't, characters are very basic and even blocking is weak in this game. +2 -2 Fighters wants you to say fuck it and mash your way out of a situation. Going ham is more rewarding but no less punishing that basic poking.

Going from it to samsho is like whiplash, even with Genjurrila going crazy I can actually control the pacing of my match with good neutral. My basic tools are actually effective in neutral, not a gamble that needs to be followed up with pressure. But at the same time the game allows you to gamble for big damage, even crazier you actually have multiple defensive options to deal with it.

SFV is like playing an anime game with none of the fun parts, apart from anime games usually have good buttons.

Not him, but SFV is splendidly animated. And the SFV stuff I share with non-FGC buddies gets responses like
>I don't know what's going on, but damn, it looks beautiful.

Ono isn't appearing during finals anymore. The dream is kill.

>want to see entire new cast like pic related
>just few 'ol glory
>few charaters related to 'ol glory
>the more obscure the better (Adon's disciple anyone?)
>maybe have some CapVs. game where SFII guy fights new poster boy and shit
>it's never going to happen
FUCK THIS FUCKING DAY AND AGE

Attached: Street_Fighter_III.png (222x318, 35K)

They tried to hit the big time by making 5 'accessible' but they're idiots who didn't know how to do it. Maybe try again, but hire people who aren't stupid? Either that, or just make a good traditional game with content, and be OK that you'll sell 4m like Tekken instead of the 10m + DLC out the ass you dream about selling.

You know a man is still a man even if his dick gets chopped-off , right ?

>>Capcom literally never delivered anything good and are too lazy to put in characters people actually want
>Waifufag mad that SF hasn't brought them back yet.

Everyone knows her having a dick is fanon that persists because even Japan's hentai artists jumped onboard with it.

Still has 6 frames of delay
>pretty much gone
No, just no, not to mention all the other shit that is wrong with the game.

What they don't get is they don't have to make it accessible to everyone. Casuals are only going to parrot what their favorite pros say. So if the pros don't like it, the casuals won't. So stop dumbing it down for no reason.

RIP Ono

Yes but she isn't a tranny anymore. They retconned her to being just a woman.

stop posting dumb shit like this, thanks.
also your parents are waiting for you to get a job

SFxTekken for windows made me NOT purchase anything ever again

she was never a he, they just pretended it was a he during the US launch because they were afraid of feminists attacking and suing them.

Blatantly wrong, lol.

Attached: 1564336388636.png (255x218, 109K)

Currently she's whatever you want her to be.

Its 4.5 now, loser.

I'd give this a moment of thought if the game wasn't in the same genre as some of the best looking games ever made. SF5 looks like shit, it's slow and underwhelming, if you like the animations or your mong friends like the animations that's fine, and I'm happy that you get some pleasure out of the visual style at the very least, but SF5 absolutely looks like shit in comparison to not only its modern day counterparts, but its predecessors as well.

There are many games made around 99 that look better than SF5. Much of this has to do with the issue of 2.5D being very ugly and difficult to translate in the first place, but then you have Xrd standing right there in the face of that being an order of magnitude better with the same restrictions.

I like how SF4 approached accessibility. There were easier combos and harder combos, and damage output was generally proportional to how difficult the execution was. But pokes and the fireball game were also (initially) strong, so different playstyles were rewarded. And there was a lot of character variability, so you could find the playstyle that fit you best.

5 got rid of all of this, plus it's non-play-related problems - the dealbreaker for me is still the bad netcode. How do you make a game intended for the casual and esports market and have the netcode suck?

Is Lucia super just Ken's super? maybe a few touches to it

youtu.be/vJ86u--82Sk?t=66

youtu.be/pIpA5YlgGek?t=49

He set himself up for failure with those choices.

I'm laughing at you in Smash

I have never read anything about that , source maybe ?

she was a woman in final fight, they changed it to being a tranny in the west as it was more socially acceptable to beat a tranny than a woman at the time, in japan she was always female, this created an inconsistency.

They have pandered the the trans since SF4 with poison out of a fear of being persecuted.

Sony paid for development, so any money they make is pure profit.

I thought I asked you to stop posting

Dude trust me they wouldn't do an Evo grand finals without a reveal. Make sure you stay in the stream and wait for a trailer.

hoes mad

keep telling yourself that, you still didn't give a source on this

Attached: 1559360798093.jpg (640x486, 27K)

They don't have anything to show. Want doesn't matter, they physically can't.

Attached: 1557992997248.png (1252x820, 165K)

Pretty much no one who actually plays FG's says Alpha 2 is a better game than Alpha 3

You're not listening. These three characters are the SUMMER bundle. Meaning there will be a winter bundle. That's three more characters, plus we know Super SFV is coming in 2020. This is only the beginning.

This broke him

The problem is that people keep getting monkey pawed and never learn.
>i wish sakura was in the game
Shes in but you have to buy the classic outfit, and she has no tatsu loops and probably the worst normals and damage in the game making her bottom tier
>i wish cody was in
Hes in but he has a totally different move set and attitude and he can't compete with anyone above mid tier without trigger
>sagat
Nigga what are you doing this is sfv why are you asking for a well known zoner and being surprised that hes trash?
>h-honda?
He looks ok but he's not viable at all cause Honda never was.
>at least poison was spared
Oh sorry the paw heard you, and punched her in the face.

Most of the newcomers are ok. Rashid is fine, fang is stupid in a good way, ed is an interesting idea at least, menat and zeku are great. The worst are laura, abigail, and falke.

google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=was poison originally a woman

>>at least poison was spared
>Oh sorry the paw heard you, and punched her in the face.
She is completely different in general, nearly nothing about her plays the same

>new game
>RE engine
>drop casual appealing bullshit. Its proven to not work

They outsource their models. So it's no surprise Lucia looks like she's from a different game. Not in a good way either.

Is there a way to unlock access to the DLC fighters on a pirated copy, if only for offline play?

Attached: DEy_b8CUAAASERT.jpg large.jpg (738x900, 59K)

i would assume you would need a more recent crack, i dont see people upping sf5 content releases but it might be out there

Nope

Attached: Final_Fight_1_Concept_Art_05.jpg (1572x883, 142K)

C

fuck ono

he did a great job at reviving SF , but they should have handed everything over to someone competent after vanilla

lmao

Attached: 1555865003031.png (754x708, 305K)

Is he sad because the characters were actually leaked by accident, or because people don't want those characters? I thought the release was intentional since Capcom released those trailers?

search "sfv arcade edition codex save state"

it also works on the legit copy if you applying the codex crack

The trailer leaked on steam, then some hours later Capcom decided to officialy reveal everything. It was supposed to be shown only after evo's grand finals.

Much like Monster Hunter World

Street Fighter V has been an insurmountable disappointment.

Attached: QuestBG06.png (350x198, 133K)

Fucking Gaben

now we wont get to hear the crowd's disappointment

Beautiful, thanks user

Attached: 1379015337815.jpg (1000x935, 577K)

A lot of big name players and streamers already made videos or tweeted about how shitty the additions are and how predictable they were. And I think thats the big issue. If they were all original or completely reworked characters the time spent waiting would be ok. But it took 8 months for 2 rehashes and 1 original that looks like she stole half her animations from ken and sakura? Thats retarded, no matter the budget.

I was looking forward to the lukewarm cheers for Honda, Poison and then dead silence for Lucia.

>laughs in [insert thing here]
Holy shit please go back

at this point it's a decent game, not great
propped up by esports money
ideally capcom's last fighting game

twitter.com/cva1046/status/1156931358930788352?s=21
>tfw fanart is better than the original

Attached: 8B5E4C12-2251-497E-A1A9-027F67F02602.jpg (1264x2048, 356K)

SFV: AE fixed a lot of problems, but they were too late to salvage it, now the only thing is SF6, but that won't come out until next gen

A lot of SFV designs look considerably better on paper. The game's """"style""""" is just whack and there isn't enough attention to detail

Attached: 1543903213975.jpg (1046x1200, 211K)

This. The only fans worse than capc*cks are the sjw MKtards.

>models outsourced to american blender modelers who wanna imitate Pixar, DreamWorks or Illumination by "redesigning characters".

doesn't help the fact that capcom USA now leads the franchise and wants everyone to look like monkeys

>The majority of returning characters are visually their worst iteration.
This is bullshit and you know it

Fan art is always better than the original.

Never because

>BUT MUH SAME OLD ROSTER!
>BUTUH VETERANS
>SF3 FLOPPED ECAUSE NOTMUH VETERANS

SF3 underperformed because the CPS3 was fragile and unstable as fuck, THATS WHY NOY MANY ARCADES HAD IT!!

while SF4 was really just Vanilla Super SF2 3D edition : The alternate Challengers but with ugly art direction, it felt like a step backwards.

Attached: 1563993635377.jpg (558x800, 62K)

Ono was just being TrollONO

honda would have gotten laughs, like HAHA what?? haha! then as his trailer plays out silence. then once poison comes on some more cheers but still not really anything crazy. then for lucia you would have gotten the most OOH oh!! oh! oooh! cheers. but after that silence whatever capcom had to say after this trailer would have been followed with absolute silence

Barog, Honda.Juri, Blanka., Zangief, Dhalsim, Urien, Sagat, and Chun Li have never looked better. Ryu, Cammy, and Bison certainly arent at their worst. Only one arguably at their worst even are Ibuki, Poison, Sakura and Ken.

no they are all very much worse considering CVS2 and alpha2 versions of them are more lifelike than we have now infucking full 3D

Honda would have gotten loud cheers due to the way they did his trailer (it was perfect).

I want to go back to the times of SF4

Nah they would have cheered, capcuks are desperate for any attention. We'd get a day of no guys this is good honest, then it would set in that they waited all this time for 3 characters that are shallow like always.

Elaborate on your definition of "lifelike

they feel like actual characters and just soulless representations of what they used to be

G might be the only one that sounds out as an actual CHARACTER

>soulless
lmao

Nobody knows who the fuck Lucia is and her gameplay was the most generic shit ever. Why would they choose someone from Final Fight 3, a game that nobody played since the genre was already on the way out? She legitimately feels like a character that was cobbled from other models/animation in like a month just so that they could have a bigger reveal at Evo. Also she's another average body type white blonde girl. SFV already has like 4 of those.

I only disagree about juri. She definitely looked better with her original outfit and not the body suit.

If sfv had a graphic and aesthetic overhaul but kept the character designs almost everyone would look ok. Not all the redesigns are necessarily a hit or are better than their original but most are far from the worst. Give me og cody and sakura outfits any day but I'll say say they at least look good enough. The worst are french fry alex and ken and ibuki having downs.

This is it, the most unremarkable character to date.
You just know a new low have been reached when my dick don't even care much for her.

Attached: Slut Cammy.png (1326x726, 1.6M)

MK 11 will die soon, like all casual fighters before it IT has no lasting power to be taken seriously in the FGC except for maybe the first couple months after release (IE Injustice, Soul Caliber, every Dragon Ball fighter come to mind). Smash probably brings in about the same amount of money with ads and DLC, if not more, depending on how much Nintendo is gonna support it. From what I've heard, Tekken is becoming more popular than before, and in the next generation of SF and Tekken, might become more popular.

>MK 11 will die soon
Yeah, but they run with the money, like usual, that's what matters

People also forget that Capcom was cranking out a ridiculous amount of fighting games. To put it into perspective, the gap between world warrior and second impact is six years

nice bulge

4 wasn't the best but it oozed personality. Its not so e-sports scene was pretty much a pool full of hyenas trying to get a piece of the pie and that derived in some of the most legendary moments and rivalries there were. Also many people felt identified with a variety of characters and you could easily tell if a pro player was playing their main just by their playstyle. In V there's no snake eyez's gief, no xian's gen, no kazunoko's yun, no bonchan's sagat, momochi's ken, poongko's seth, and the list goes on and on. V is so generic and there's so little room for variety that you couldn't really tell who the fuck is playing a nameless cammy or rashid. The only thing that is even close to this is punk's karin, but only because he's so good at hit confirming (and even so bonchan is getting awfully close)

You're retarded and stupid

You'd probably be hype for her if you were a yuge Final Fight fan.

I don't know anything about Alpha series but Alpha 2 is the one they play at side tournies during major events. Could be that Alpha 2 had more arcade presence and that's what the scene sticked with.

>replying to him

Nah, she had this super back in FF3

what if ken was a GIRL

BROS

They're very different games. Alpha 2 is ST with custom combos while Alpha 3 is proto anime, to grossly oversimplify things

This, i would've preferred Dean, but i'm glad FF3 is getting some love

I'm glad to see that multiple people have brought up Ono already. The man deserves credit for reviving the 2D fighting game scene with Street Fighter IV, but at the same time, the series has gone to shit ever since he got his hands on it.

It's a shame to say, because the man does seem like a genuinely good guy who has a real love for the series. But it's important to remember that Ono got his start as a sound guy; I don't think he was ever cut out to be a Producer, and it shows. I think he got promoted to a level that's above his capabilities, and the series has suffered for it. I wish the man nothing but the best since, like I said, he seems like a great guy who really loves Street Fighter, but I don't think the series will achieve greatness again until he hands the reigns off to someone else.

4.5 frames (literally 5 frames as the game works in frames not half frames) is unacceptable, that is still over double than what should be expected.

he already got demoted

Thats just false Alpha 3 sees far more play than Alpha 2 in tournaments, arcades and on fightcade.

>Alpha 2 is ST with custom combos
No its not its nothing like ST

to expand further on this, ono has been removed from an executive positon on fighting games DEVELOPMENT and has since been replaced by Ryozo Tsujimoto (the presidents son) Ryozo has been on the Monster hunter team for a while now. and expect some announcement for a new game after ICEBORNE.

although keep in mind he turned monster hunter into a casual shitshow.

hopefully the next fighting game will use the RE engine so they dont have to pay residuals to EPIC and hopefully they dont casualize the shit out of it with how well recieved Tekken and DBFZ have been

and DBFZ is pretty casual but it has room for expressiveness and high level shit

Fighting games as a whole are doomed to the trash heap. There will never again be a fighting game with every character in it fro release. They are now microtransaction vehicles.

Many small quirks like sweeps function very similarly. In America, lots of the OGs prefer 2 over 3, but Japan plays 3 way more. Doesn't help that 2 has hard fucked balance and less characters though.

i dont mind this aslong as they let you play offline with the characters or at the bare minimum training mode, how the fuck can you practice situations without training mode vs characters? they might aswell be a boss character at that point

But doesn't Alpha 3 have more wonky balance?

Attached: sfa3 fatal combo.webm (800x450, 2.5M)

yes everyone hates custom combos. just look at any high level play. people are just trying to turn invicible for the custom combo. same with CVS2

Interesting. I truly think it's for the best, and I would love to see a Street Fighter 6 on the RE engine, and without the hideous, blocky models

Like doesn't Cody have actual commonly used Infinite combos for competitive? And Zangief pretty much doesn't need to be played like a grappler and just go for the combo kills?

No, a) that is a TAS, b) that is recoverable

and while infinites do actually exist in A3 they are generally hard to set up and do, also infinites exist in A2, are easier and on a whole A2 has far worse balance

youtube.com/watch?v=z5CscridX_g
youtube.com/watch?v=oeQzR5Y3hJA
youtube.com/watch?v=_BG58tywljI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPKYFkkXqs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5LFwW_R9UA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ig-E8sBK18
youtube.com/watch?v=crQvNJFV_Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBkXFfQW28

>Many small quirks like sweeps function very similarly.
This is completely false, almost nothing in Alpha 2 works like it does in ST, Alpha 2 doesn't even have proximity normals.

hadou ken
shouryuken
tatsumaki senpukyaku

No