Platinum Games

>2019
>Nintend hasn't bought Platinum Games yet

Seriously, what the fuck is Nintendo waiting for? It's unfair for PG to be forced to take shitty outsourcing jobs (like Nier Automata or Granblue Fantasy re:Link) to pay the bills.

Attached: pg logo.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/06/platinum-games-interview-with-atsushi-inaba-and-takahisa-taura-at-bitsummit-7-spirits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are monopoly laws that prevent Nintendo from acquiring too much Japanese talent. It's why they didn't buy Namco back in the day even though they easily could have.

why would they buy them when it's more advantageous to simply work with them on exclusive projects, they do the same with koei tecmo or next level games

>implying
Plat aren't for sale. They're moving into self-publishing. If they wanted to be owned entirely as a subsidiary they would never have left Capcom.

These anons are stupid
These anons are competent

Is this the Platinum Games thread now?

Where the fuck is Babylon's Fall news?

Blame Square Enix. They announce games way too early before they have anything to show. Platinumgames is not allowed to say anything about the game until SE does.

If nintendo where to acquire studios, who should they get? I'm surprised they haven't brought Gamefreak giving the circumstances.

>They announce games way too early before they have anything to show

"This all-new title, described by studio head Atsushi Inaba as 'a new challenge for PlatinumGames,' is coming to PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam in 2019!"

I like Nintendo and Platinum, but I would rather play their games on PC.

>Platinum
>Giving a shit about a non-Nintendo exclusive game

>Let’s buy a company where we’d have to replace all of the incompetent upper management and hire an entire team of developers because most of the current ones only make shovelware.
> Let’s buy a company who’s only IP worth a damn is Bayonetta which is already exclusive to us.
What did OP mean by this.

you ninteniggers are worse than mouse cucks wanting every entertainment faucet to belong to Disney

gematsu.com/2019/06/platinum-games-interview-with-atsushi-inaba-and-takahisa-taura-at-bitsummit-7-spirits
>Gematsu: Let’s get this one out of the way at the start. What’s going on withBabylon’s Fall?
>Atsushi Inaba: “I’m sorry, but it’s up to the publisher to release any news. So if you could wait a little more, I’d appreciate it. But development has been going well so far.”
>Ah, is that so? I think some were worried it may have been cancelled.
>Inaba: “(Laughs.) No, it’s going smoothly. I can assure you that it’s shaping up well.”

It gets more tired every time you post it.

You will never get a new Platinum game on PC again so better start saving for a Switch.

That doesn't change the fact that it's due out this year and we haven't seen anything at all.

nah, i'm fine with Nintendo paying platinum's bills. They get their money either way

>Plat's only IP worth a damn is Bayonetta
Sega owns Bayonetta. Plat don't own any IPs.

That's why they're trying to move to self-publishing.

Until Babylon's Fall

I got one the day it came out bro. If Platinum is stuck on Switch I will still play it but I like playing action games at high frame rates.

It was probably delayed.

That's what worries me.

Oh just like Nintendo and bayonetta 3 huh...

I don't care for Platinum games, but it would still be sad to see them stuck on absolute shit hardware, wherein they had to make their first 30fps-locked game (Astral Chain) since Vanquish.

I still have to be proven wrong.

>they had to make their first 30fps-locked game (Astral Chain) since Vanquish.
don't forget TMNT:MIM

Too many projects at once I guess.
But the game was scheduled for a 2019 release.
Yeah, pretty much. Nintendo aren't as bad as SE but they can definitely be annoying in that regard.

Can't blame him for trying to forget that travesty.

And every time I do the same thing, which is point out that they only have one good exclusive Ninty game AT ALL (TW101) and all of their best titles aren't even available on Ninty consoles except Bayo which got a late port.

Their biggest titles are Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Nier Automata. Their best titles are Bayonetta, Vanquish, TW101 and TFD. Nintendo does not represent a disproportionate amount of either list. They've done mercenary shit-work for other publishers (like TMNT or Korra) and they've done it for Nintendo as well (Star Fox Guard).

They also have an ocean of just-okay titles that were fun for fans but ultimately lacking, like Anarchy Reigns, Korra, Mad World, etc., and Astral Chain looks at the moment like it will plop down comfortably in that pile.

Because PG probably doesn't want to be bought?

Yeaaah but that was like a D-team, I don't pay any mind to those handful of cheap western IP games they created.
Like I said I don't care about Platinum at all, they just so happen to have a few interesting properties by coincidence. I like Nier Automata just because I like Taro games, whoever develops them is secondary. Astral Chain, the Granblue action/adventure game and Babylon's Fall are all stuff I'm interested in too, but Platinum isn't the reason.

>I don't pay any mind to those handful of cheap western IP games they created
I have to assume you aren't counting Transformers: Devastation in that list (which I guess technically is not a Western IP)

Because that one was actually good.

True. But it was part of the three-game Activision deal that also included TMNT and Korra. The latter of which was also not a bad game considering it retailed for $15.

Plat got fired from Granblue, though.

This, and there's no issue long as they make good games for Nintendo. Their new game is coming out on my birthday.

Here's hoping Bayonetta 3 isn't as uninspired as Bayonetta 2 was, then.

You niggas just gotta wait for Tokyo Game Show. I'm sure both the game and release will be there.

I was hoping for Gamescom.

They didn't. They did their job, the next contracted team (or was it GB's team itself, don't know) is now doing the rest. They never planned to do the game through and through, only the base on which other team can expand

>There are monopoly laws that prevent Nintendo from acquiring too much Japanese talent.
That might have applied 15 years ago.
Nowadays nintendo is no longer part of the big boys club of video game giants.

They did their job so well that all mention of them was scrubbed from the game's page and removed from trailers?

Come on, user. They got fired. You don't put a game page up with "DEVELOPED BY PLATINUM GAMES" at the bottom and then remove that logo 75% of the way through development because "the contract was up", it doesn't work that way.

Just what I assumed, I think they said as such in some press release.

Irrelevant to my interests though

Is this bait? I can't fathom the degree of lobdomy you need to not enjoy platinum games. They refused sequel offers if they didn't see potential in them and always give a well polished gameplay experience.
The caveat would be if you are autistically stuck on harder difficulties. Just play on normal.

>always give a well polished gameplay experience
Well, that isn't strictly true.

Example?

shitchtards cant be THIS stupid.
Oh, they can.

You can't claim to love videogames and not own Nintendo's current console.