Were they ever actually "good" or did they have us fooled?

Were they ever actually "good" or did they have us fooled?

Attached: BETH.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

The type of game they made was good and we fooled ourselves into thinking they were good because they were the only option for games like that
They are still the only option but they have gotten even worse so it has gotten harder to ignore

they peaked with morrowind
then we learned they had no backbone
and here we are

Attached: skyrim.jpg (700x525, 199K)

morrowind was fucking amazing for its time

This. Without any real competition they've gotten lazy and complacent and don't care to innovate and improve. They sacrifice too much of what people play their games for in an effort to make more people play their games. Shit sucks.

What I would love to see is wizards of the coast commissioning some studio with actual talent to makes Bethesda style games set on mtg planes.
The player in these games should NOT be a planeswalkers.

There is a small chance they ever make a big MTG game like that, maybe if the show takes off. There is ZERO chance that game won't have you playing as Chandra or something

>wants multiple planes
>player should not be a planeswalker
Not a chance bub. Besides, wotc would never allow an actually good MtG game to be made.

I think they always been inconsistent when it comes to making games. I also think that Todd Howard gets too much of the blame. For me, he does seem genuinely passionate and it seems like he actually cares about the games he's making but ends up promising stuff he really wants in the game, but it's more than his team can handle. Whether or not it is his team's fault or the fact they are using an ancient game engine, I don't know.
I always feel bad for that charismatic manlet though.

>they peaked with morrowind

You mean Daaggerfall. Morrowind was the beginning of the end.

They have been good since Morrowind (Ignore76) you just have shitty taste.

The only thing Morrowind had going for it was scale. Gothic and Arx Fatalis shit all over it in every other aspect.

There's a tv show coming?
I was thinking each game would be a separate plane

You mean Arena. Daggerfall is for casuals.

They're slapping something together for netflix. It will apparently be about Chandra and it won't be a continuation of the story they've been doing, apparently it will be new. I expect her to be played by a straight up brown indian and it will 100% include her gay relationship with the elf planeswalker.

Why are they so fucking obsessed with chandra, it was never this extreme when Jace was the poster boy

Is it live action or animated?
If animated I could say it has some chance of being good but I can't see a live action show being anything but a dumpster fire

>all those fond memories I have of spending hours playing BGS were actually crap and I wasn't actually having "fun"
Wow thanks Yea Forums

I just checked for you, its animated and its being directed by some faggots who made marvel movies
I'm not sure who they think MTG is for exactly, women have to be a tiny fraction of their playerbase and I certainly don't know anyone who thinks Chandra is interesting.

Well I found most of the marvel movies at least passable so I will be cautiously optimistic that at the very least it won't be a laughing stock, I'm going to go look up who is animating it.

>allspark
that's actually a promising sign