Will he ever recover?

will he ever recover?

Attached: sonic-hedgehog.jpg (170x255, 9K)

We're at a point where Sonic fanfiction is better than the modern games. All they need to do is hire some fanfic autists and it would be an improvement.

at least he got mania. shit like final fantasy doesn't seem like it's coming back anytime soon

Yes. The fact SEGA has been silent on the next project is giving me faith they are taking it seriously.

Specially given the failure that will be the movie they may actually try and save their rep this time.

How did they fuck up so badly, Yea Forums?

Sonic was one of the most prominent figures in pop culture during the 90s, touting some of the most critically acclaimed games of that era and tons of cross-promotional merchandise, TV shows, tie-in media, etc., but they're nothing more than a running gag nowadays. How does a company on the top of the world manage to drop the ball so hard?

Sega or Japan wouldn't listen to Sega of America and kept releasing consoles. No one would buy their shit because in a few months a more powerful console would release.

The constant infighting ruined SEGA's 55% market share.

Sonic from the start was exploitative towards dumb kids, it was always more style than substance, don't get me wrong I'm not being edgy and saying the Genesis games are bad, but they're just not the best platformers, they were just really cool to look at at this time, there is something to be said when the best parts of the game are the easiest parts when your just running through loops and tunnels, as far as technology goes it was a break through of what home consoles can look like, but the actual game play was kind of weak, that is why when Sega was at the same level as everyone else in terms of graphics, Sonic started to slip. Sonic Forces, or any other of these "Bad" games aren't actually bad, they're just as decent as the genesis games

Bump

Retarded obsession with experimentation and reinventing the wheel instead of finding a formula that works and sticking to it.

>Sonic from the start was exploitative towards dumb kids
And so everyone else in the fucking world
>I'm not being edgy and saying the Genesis games are bad, but they're just not the best platformers, they were just really cool to look at at this time
No shit, the NES games are also shit
>Megaman 1 was shit
>Smb is simple as shit
>Zelda was unfinished
But hey, they are cool so...
And hey, atleast you didn't say edgy shit on this thread, i like you.
The sequels are fixing everything, expect Bugsy

No
I love sonic
But...
No
Neva
:(

The arguments of Sonic fans never ceases to amaze me.

Sonic Team just needs to stop being fucking retarded with their gimmicks. Forces would have been fine if they didn't focus on the OC shit and shove classic sonic in with no reasoning.

They also need to ditch the Happy Tree Friends writers, and bring back the people who actually knew what they were doing.

Sure, with quality 2D games. 3D Sonic was a mistake. Sonic Team obviously doesn’t know how to make it work and I don’t think anyone will. Face the fact that putting a momentum based character whose supposed to gain speed in a 3D SPACE is set for disaster. The Utopia team still hasn’t produced an actual stage beyond their tech demo and that in that sparkster game I just see people flying over the platforming segments.

Pipe dream at best since current Sega is run by old out-of-touch relics.

Nah, im just saying that everyone has their own shit, im not defending everyone.

What they need is to balance the hyper fast reaction stuff with good slow platforming segments. I thought Generations did it pretty well desu.

The issue with games like Generations is that they’re too resource intensive. I doubt Sega has the budget for more boost styled games.

That was because that game was directed by a guy from the Classics/Adventure era who understood that Speed was never the main mechanism of Sonic but using said speed correctly

Kishimoto was always a hack and Colors should have never been successful

>Mania gets great reviews

>TSR gets great reviews

"Sonic was never good"

He almost did but autistic japs who think their ideas are better pulled him back down again

tfw Hiroshi Miyamoto is stuck doing Mario & Sonic Olympics games forever

mostly due to them never taking the time with sonic to make sure things are polished and good. Nearly every sonic game has been rushed it's honestly kind of surprising that a good few of them turned out as good as they did. The massive failures like boom and 06 were pretty much inevitable failures based on how their development went

It’s possible
Shit like generations and mania showed there’s this deep love and passion for their games
I see a comeback as a possibility honestly
Weird they haven’t said anything about a new game though

I seriously hope that you're not in any form implying that TSR has great reviews, let alone deserve them in the first place.

Attached: i will make you eat theses fucking words you smelly edgy emo faggot nigger.png (500x500, 164K)

Not him, but it didn’t get bad reviews. Everyone acting like TSR is “bad” or something is over blowing it. I’ve only seen this shit exclusively on Yea Forums.