So when do we get a Platinum produced JoJo game?

So when do we get a Platinum produced JoJo game?

Imagine
>Custom Stands and hamon that grow new abilities
>Customizable character that rivals fashion-souls
>Different stands play much differently; punch ghost is a beat-em up
>Hard mode where you start with no stand or hamon and have to learn or earn it
>Investigate and collect intel on bosses to learn stands weaknesses

Seriously. The time is ripe Platinum. Get your shit together.

Also post OC stands and their users. The dumber the better.

Attached: qk4srwys55931.png (1818x2133, 1.8M)

platinum is not creative or daring enough for a jojo game unless you want every stand to be a boring punch/projectile thing.

So who in your opinion could produce a quality JoJo game? Legitimately curious.

Jojo's is a nigger-spic tier anime. Kys Jamal Rodriguez.

Literally anyone. 7th Stand User is proof of that.

ME NO LIKE GOOD GAME ME LIKE FIGHTING GAME. ME WANT ARENA FIGHT GAME UGGA BOOGA

Is Bioware included in that anyone? Cause that's a pretty fucked up monkey paw.

Who says that? Arc-Sys could pull that shit off easily.

Couldn't they just make Anarchy Reigns but with Jojo?

Isn't that what one of the JoJo games was for the PS3? Maybe I'm not remembering that right.

I really don't know. The non-licensed game that most made me feel like a stand user was Dishonored, but I don't think Arkane could do proper melee and boss fights unless they poached some talented designers.

Attached: 1535518375636.jpg (1110x668, 646K)

Why the fuck do you retards suck Platinum's clit so much? Literally the most overrated company in existence.

They’re making Astral Chain. That shits just donut steel Jojo fanfiction.

That's not Ford

Fuck, now I need to buy a Switch.

I still like JoJo, but it has garnered the most insufferable fanbase next to undertale and mlp.
Leave the rest of us alone with your garbage memes.

>platinum
>not arc system works

Everyone ever who talks about anime games, because we can't have anything good. It all needs to be either fighting games or musou

Thats the last thing JoJo needs. It should be more in the vein of Yakuza or Godhand.

You should.
Astral Chain is shaping up to be one of Platinum's finest games ever.

>CUSTOMCUSTOMCUSTOM

This is why jojo vidya will always fail. Idiots like you want a game system filled with the most random, op shit and then when it comes to actually making it work you end up with trash like eyes over heaven.
Imo the only way to make stands work would be to give the player one predetermined stand and develop the entire game around it. The genre would be action adventure in either a Morioh style small open wotld or a hubworld connecting to different areas where you can freeroam. no rpg bullshit or arena battles, and your stand can effect anything from traversing the map, to combat, to dialogues.
A jojo game would have to be TIGHT and laserfocused on the players abilities above anything else

You're right man. I still have to play BotW and FE: 3 Houses. I'll look into it thanks, user.

You misspelled Dragon Ball, nigger.

Part 5 genuinely fucking sucked. How could anybody enjoy that garbage? Diavolo/King Crimson is possibly the biggest jobber out of all the villains I've seen so far. During the final fight he was basically no threat at all beyond the ass pull Narancia kill.

They made FotNS yakuza so anything's possible

Was that any good? I haven't heard much about it.

Jojo needs a turn based rpg like persona or something.
Jojos fights are always more brain than just brawn.

That too you shitskin faggot.

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x278, 1.06M)

>How can anyone enjoy Part 5

Doppio that's how.

Arc Sys to remake Heritage of the Future you utter retards

OP here.

You fuckers bring up some good points when you aren't rampantly shitposting.

What's Ride's nouryoku?

>number x > number y = win

BIG BRAIN AMERICAN GAMEDESIGN!

How about bringing up a good thread when you aren't rampantly sucking dick?

Attached: 1561972267085.jpg (422x400, 187K)

Anime doesn't translate well into videogames and viceversa because they're completely different mediums.
Stop asking for videogame adaptations of anime.

Attached: 1506113183077.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

If you're a fan it's probably the best Hokuto game you can get (unless you're a fucker for musou crap)

It's a mediocre Yakuza but that already makes it better than the other Kenshiro games

No true Jojo fan wants a fighting game, there is no way you can make most of the stands into a fighting character.
Making the stand users debuffs, supports and maybe even healing would make way more sense.

>2.5D ugliness
>DLC and samefigs out the ass
>bad balance
No thanks.

U fucking wot m8

Attached: 51RE74YQPHL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 29K)

Mista and Bruno

PS1 Hokuto no Ken was fantastic user, you should emulate it.

Attached: 176461-Hokuto_no_Ken_-_Seikimatsu_Kyuuseishu_Densetsu_(Japan)-1440537176.png (960x720, 374K)

Rockstar

>Waifu Costumes + grinding + shitty dialogue = good game
BIG BRAIN JAPANESE GAME DESIGN

Enough with fighting games.
Enough with Stardust Crusaders.

>not wanting alternate fa/ costumes
>not wanting banter with every move choice

I feel you, user.

Attached: 1558768725816.png (500x331, 99K)

I wouldn't want custom Stands, I wouldn't mind OC Stands though. I'd much rather just have a well designed movelist catered to a specific Stand than making simpler movelists for the sake of giving the player the freedom to come up with their own ability. If it were that all the abilities would have to be simple, when a Stand can be capable of anything.

Yeah, I also want good and balanced gameplay with all that, something that hackanese games can't offer.

It'd be extremely difficult to make any sort of custom stand stuff have any meaning.
Fuck it

Make a fucking MOBA outta JoJo

Attached: images (2).jpg (400x402, 22K)

-literally the best any anime game can look right now
-only if bandai publishes it
-every other alternative is ASB-tier

No fighting game can be balanced.
Rps arent much better too but i still think it fits Jojo way better than a fighting game.

Make a jojo rpg with paper mario combat

>Make a fucking MOBA outta JoJo

I mean...I'd try it.

Attached: 1560750115795.jpg (710x539, 47K)

The best fights in the series are shit like Sex Pistols V Craftwork or Bruno against a fishing rod i dont understand why so many fucking dbz tier fans have grabbed onto jojo recently and want to push powerlevel bullshit on it.

Attached: 1564347146571.jpg (640x676, 26K)

I would be more than happy with just a fighting game. I wouldn't be opposed to a game more like Yakuza, but I wouldn't say a fighting game is the last thing JoJo needs, and it is a good fit for JoJo in the sense that it's a series built around one on one fights. Once you get passed PB there aren't really any mooks for the protagonists to beat handily, it's all named characters with a specific personality and ability, which doesn't go well with a lot of videogame genres where you spend a lot of time beating generic cannon fodder. Fighting games are all about one on one fights with defined characters though, which suits JoJo well.

This isn't to say JoJo has to be a fighting game, it could be a boss rush thing like the Vento Aureo game or it could have some original Stand that makes generic enemies for you to fight, but fighting games still are an inherently good fit for the series, I feel.

Theyre doin a battle royale, may as well do a MOBA too i guess.

I got mad all over again watching that final fight in the anime. The freaky friday shit in particular was a huge mistake. Like the first time you get to see the main villain who is supposed to have this closely guarded identity, he's been body swapped with Bruno so he just runs right up to them and starts fucking hanging around chatting with them. And for what? Being body swapped didn't provide any extra challenge for them. It's not like they had to use each other's stand or anything. Just threw all the tension and suspense he'd been trying to build out the window. King Crimson didn't even get to do that much. Everything after that is clumsy as fuck too until Giorno gets the power of "I fucking win". I was hoping the anime would be able to unfuck this part a bit but I don't think it's possible without completely throwing out the source material.

All the good parts from the manga like Grateful Dead and Metallica/Doppio were still gold though. Hoping for a Purple Haze Feedback OVA so that poor cunt Fugo gets to actually do something.

>have grabbed onto jojo recently
You speak as if you're a long time fan, but you say stupid shit like
>the best fights in the series are from Vento Aureo that coincidentally is an anime that just finished airing this past week

People always say this for a reason why JoJo shouldn't have a fighting game, but fighting games aren't all brawn over brain either. There's strategy in how a character plays, and if the character is well designed and reflects their personality well, their style of fighting will reflect that. Not every fighting game character is just a musclehead who hits everything with raw strength, some are, but that doesn't mean it's all brawn over brain.

They kind of are already doing that, in the form of a Japan only, Arcade only Battle Royale style game.

Arcsys
Koei Tecmo

Lab Zero could make a better JoJo game desu

So a Hitman style game where you play as Yoshikage Kira?

I mean, it couldn't be worse than Eyes Of Heaven.

7th stand user fucking sucks, it's only shilled on here nonstop by a group of autists.

Yeah as an animayonlee I'd currently rate the series as 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > Power Gap > 5.

I'm not looking forward to 6, I've heard it's even worse than 5.

>jobber
>kills 3 fucking jobros with a single fucking punch
>would've killed Giorno if not for requiem
animeonly please go back

I can't imagine being an animeonly and having 4 as your favorite. I get it if you read the manga, but the adaptation of DiU was really lacking, it had some good episodes, but on the whole didn't do the manga justice at all. I would expect animeonlies to almost universally like 2 and 5 the most because they had much better adaptations.

Attached: 1513627770774.png (255x245, 12K)

More like
>These fights are most fresh in my mind because i saw the more recently
I didn't say they were the best, i said that the best fights are stuff LIKE them, where weird abilities clash and its not about being stronger its about being smarter.

Making a high budget licenses game makes no economic sense. The audience is built-in regardless of quality so you give the retards at CC2 or Spike-Chun fitty bux and they churn out a garbage arena fighter or musou.

The only good licensed animu game is somehow Kill la Kill

>"Kills" one main character in a compelling manner (Bruno)
>The other two were anticlimactic ass pulls
>Proceeds to do nothing during the final fight

You could make him interesting if you allow it to heavily interact with the surroundings and objects
>Lift objects
>Throw them
>Use them as shields
>Grab parts of the floor/walls and roofs or making holes in them
>Pushing whole walls
Feel free to add more ideas
Also don't Start Platinum had an extendable finger or something?

Kill la Kill is a trash arena fighter. Even some of the Naruto arena fighters are better.

In a decade maybe

Gappy best jojo, looks like Quick and that's a huge bonus

No, Jesus. 5 was God awful, and I'm not even vaguely interested in the manga now if that's meant to be even worse.

4 was great, and if the manga is better then yeah I'll give it a read.

It isnt necessarily brains over brawn, it's because the further you go into the series fewer and fewer Stands are designed for straight up combat. There almost all designed around some sort of instant-win gimmick that requires some sort of specific situation or plan to pull off, and many of them start having abstract or non-combat viable forms. While you could just have the users fight one another and use the stands for special attacks, that's really not what Jojo is all about and is what people mean when they say it focuses too much on brawn over brains. You can probably count on one hand the number of times per part an actual physical attack from a Stand user (not the Stand) has an impact in a battle.
Heritage for the Future got away with it because Part 3 was still riding the line between what Jojo would eventually become and the standard shounen fight series it used to be, but how would you turn most of the characters from Part 7 or 8 into traditional fighting game characters without sacrificing what makes them cool in the first place (or just outright changing them altogether).

>anticlimactic ass pulls
It's like you still don't understand King Crimson's power.

>if that's meant to be even worse
Where exactly did you get that idea?
Parts 6 and 7 are top tier.

So this is the power of animeonly brainlets......

Maybe that's why people latch on to part 3 and 4 so hard to the point their over rated. Since that the last time that idea is so prominently featured.

>sataniafag hates anime that shoves manliness in their face
Clockwork

Attached: kek2.gif (480x270, 3.32M)

>i dont understand why so many fucking dbz tier fans have grabbed onto jojo recently and want to push powerlevel bullshit
Really? Haven't seen anyone like that.
But yeah, I think JoJo is so great precisely beacuse it doesn't have big power level bullshit, like yeah sure there are some more useful and less useful stands but in the end each of them has a weakness and any stand can defeat any other stand with a bit of planning.
Even Dio could have been easily killed if you sneak up on him, the only reason why he even survived for so long was beacuse he was a vampire.

The only stand that's unironically overpowered bullshit (outside of stands that had to be earned like MiH or GER) is King Crimson beacuse he can see the 5 seconds of future and change it but even he has downsides such as everytime he uses it everyone will notice and you can still take him down provided you stay outside of his range and keep attacking him for long enough to last through his time skip, you could also outsmart him by planning ahead and doing things that will get noticable results after 5 seconds or later so he can't prevent them in time.

Attached: 1563401758721.png (758x802, 849K)

>platinum jojo game

It's like puking on a pile of shit

His powers have nothing to do with it. Kira was great, Dio was great, Cars and the Pillar Men were great. Diavolo was a complete snoozefest after his reveal. When he first showed up, it was fantastic. Then it just became depressing as he did nothing but ass pull against Risotto who should have won considering Dopio had no fucking iron left in his body, then casually take out Abacchio who nobody cared about, and then ass pull off-screen kill Narancia.

It was shit, the whole thing was shit besides everything with Bruno.

Leave the JoJo game to me

Attached: 74c.png (600x450, 170K)

>The anime of Part 5 was better than the manga
>Part 5 was still shit
>Therefore the manga must be worse
Hm.

Jojo game would fucking suck, fights don't make sense, they are won by relying on a random ass pull, bullshit abilities that can't translate into vidya, etc.
Also platinum games is a horrible developer.
and this

Did anyone like Giorno besides powerscaling nignogs?

Nearly as bland as Jonathan, and his stand is busted from the get go
>By default, its only slightly slower and weaker than SP
>Can turn any object it touches into an animal of his choosing
>Can heal himself and others perfectly
>Can cause rapid plant growth in a desired direction
>Apparently his animals also "reflect damage back at the attacker" even though its never used more than once
Would've been better off if he wasnt the protag and it was just the gang instead.

Attached: KC grr.gif (498x280, 1.58M)

>part fivelets seriously trying to argue their poo sketches of a manga/anime were good
lmao, get back in the dumpster with the sixlets.

Is this your first time discussing JoJo with not other animeonlies?
Every single thread about it has people stating that Part 5 is a particular low point in the series. The only people that like it so much are contrarians and Araki himself.

It's been a long standing popular opinion that Bruno should have been the protag. He was far more compelling.

>filet mignon is trash, cube steak is better

Attached: king.jpg (164x164, 6K)

>Aw shit, HERE IT GOES AGAIN

Part 6 when?

Attached: Florida_Woman_Caught_Eating_Entire_Colony_of_Plankton.jpg (703x613, 103K)

(8) > 7 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4
And this is for protagonist

Unironically neck yourself.

ATLUS would be a better shout.

>rotten filet mignon is trash, fresh cube steak is better

Attached: 1542120979334.png (339x273, 127K)

>Shitting on Part 5 because the anime is popular
>When Part 6 is airing, everyone will be shitting on it too.
Jojofags will never be satisfied.

Even with that it's not hard to imagine making a fighting game around it though. There are fighting game characters in crossover games whose original incarnations don't fight at all and they manage to make a moveset that reflects the character well. I would say the differentiation and abstract abilities are even more of a reason why it's a good fit if anything. I'm not really that into DBZ so it may come off as biased, but if you look at something like DBFZ, a lot of characters have very samey moves and that, in my eyes at least, makes a lot of their movelists quite boring, but they are that way because the source material just has characters use different kinds of energy beams and martial arts to attack each other. By comparison, JoJo has a wider variety of abilities at play and that makes for the basis for more interesting movelists, and you can make that work even for non-combat Stands.

Moody Blues is almost never used combat, but you could still make Abbachio work if you made him play something like Bedman in GG, for example. A lot of major characters even in SBR and JJL would translate fine to a fighting game, I don't have a hard time imagining how Gyro, Johnny or Diego would work, or even how Gappy, Joushuu or maybe Joubin would work. There are some that are tougher to find a moveset for, like Yasuho who I think could maybe work as a trap character if they pulled some moves from the Aishou fight or something like that, but even if a character has an abstract ability like that, it doesn't mean they can't have a moveset made for them, and moreover it gives them the potential for a more unique moveset, unlike something like DBFZ where most of the cast relies on punches, kicks and shooting energy at each other. I think JoJo is better suited to a fighting game than a lot of other shounen in that regard.

>like Giorno and Jolyne but hates Jotaro
Lol wut. Thats like saying you love pepsi but hate coke

part 6 is the worst and youre retarded nigger if you think otherwise

The Naruto arena fighters aren't better than anything. Fucking Jump Force is better than that garbage

No, we're shitting on Part 5 because it's shit.

It's very easy to find people that already shit on part 6.

Giorno starts out interesting, he's like a darker, edgier version of a normal Jojo protagonist. Basically, what if Dio was a good guy (but still a dick). Like stealing Koichi's luggage, or killing Polpo in retribution for Black Sabbath attacking him. Once he starts sharing screentime with the gang he kinda falls out of focus, presumably since Araki wanted to avoid the pattern he fell into with the previous parts where the Jojo basically carrys everyone through every major conflict at the expense of the supporting cast. I actually think Giorno would have faired better if Bruno didnt exist and Giorno was the gang leader. As it is nobody really interacts with Giorno in any in-depth manner (since they've only known him for maybe a couple of weeks or so by the end of the series) and he just gets stuck being team healer since he isnt allowed to be the sole center of attention like most other Jojos.
Part 7 did the "Jojo is actually the supplemental protagonist" thing much better. It also helps Johnny has more going on in his story than just "I like gangs, hate drugs".

ok contrarian

>Naruto games being shit is contrarian
What clown world do you live in

Attached: thatOPaintright.png (500x375, 406K)

>>Can turn any object it touches into an animal of his choosing
when was the last time he even uses it? The helicopter? I swear by the end he just became a healer and a josuke 2

>Part 5 is popular in japan and is Araki's favorite
>So as le Yea Forums contrarian, our job is to shit on it no matter what!
kys reddit

I was just thinking about a stand called Death Grip. It would look vaguely like Cream, but when it gripped the enemy it would drain all their sanity by putting horrifyingly loud music in their heads

yeah theyre shit and theyre the best the genre has to offer
are you just trying to cope because you bought both jump force and klk if?

People have been shitting on Part 5 since before the new anime series even started.

>Japan has shit taste!
To the surprise of fucking nobody. They barely like Part 7 despite that being the high point of the series.

This is objectively the best idea.

>Most stands have a very limited array of abilities which suits a MOBA style game
>Characters which have non-direct stands can still be useful in support capacities
>Huge variety of characters
>Maps can be based around famous parts of JoJo

>UNS is better than Kill la Kill!
>calling it shit is contrarian!
>yeah they're shit
I can't wait for summer to end

Attached: isthisapeseriousrightnow.jpg (206x253, 28K)

nice reading comprehesion you retard

Josuke had rules and a personality though, he puts his life on the line to defend those he cares about, hence being able to fix others but not himself.

nice command of the english language retard
I mean I don't expect much from a brainlet Narutard but still

Don't insult Josuke, his healing and recombine ability was actually used frequently and to cool effect.

>Kira-seeking glass shards

>MC falling out of focus very quickly

Isn't that par for the course for most JoJo parts?

>Jotaro barely gets any fights, Joseph is the team leader and Polnareff does most the fighting
>DIU feels like more of an anthology of different characters' experiences during specific period of time, with Josuke not really having much to do until the end
>Vento Auro is as you've said
>Jojolion is basically DIU +

The only two stand parts where the MC does any kind of heavy lifting are Stone Ocean and SBR.

Go back to IGN and write another shitty review for a game you don't know how to play, Mike

Attached: -hZ2duqp_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

klk if is trash you autistic weeb

But the Ciocolatta fight is the third last fight in the entire part, and he uses it after the Helicopter bit to burrow the beetle into Ciocolatta's brain.

It would've been cool to see him use GE one final time before going full Requiem though. He could've punched into the ground, grabbed a tree root and taken control of the tree to choke Diavolo before sending him to the infinite death world.

>Part 5 is Araki's favorite
Source? I always assumed he was having a horrible time while he was writing it, because it certainly feels like it. I always thought the publisher must have been meddling with it or something.
But I guess it does have the most attractive boys so that could possibly explain why he likes it.

I can see the Ban list already
>Star Platinum/The World
>Gold Experience
>King Crimson
>Soft and Wet
>Notorious BIG

How is JJL like that at all? Almost all the focus is on Gappy, he's not always the focus, but it's not nearly on the level of DiU, and he's most certainly not in a position where he doesn't have much to do. He and Joubin are the two key figures in the fighting over the Rokakaka at the minute now that most of the Rock Humans are gone, and prior to the fruit becoming the focus of the story the focus of the story was Gappy's true identity, which naturally centers around him even when he's not present.

It's time to go back to IGN and ResetEra, Mike. You're drunk.

Attached: cc1.jpg (736x561, 191K)

But Part 5 is basically just Stardust Crusaders with better fights, characters and artwork.

xd

I know he was feeling depressed when he wrote it, but I've never heard anything about it being his favorite part. The only thing I've ever seen about his favorites was when he put out his top 10 favorite characters.

They could get really inventive with the ults.

>King Crimson simulates 10 seconds of packet loss for everyone other than the Diavolo player

Yeah, I'm fairly sure Part 4 is his favourite, given that it includes his self-insert, he features the characters in side stories to this day and he's gone on record to say Josuke is his favourite protagonist.

I bet I can push your shit in with that game.

Fighting games are literally the perfect genre for a JoJo game.

Attached: 123516824521.gif (500x587, 175K)

That's because you can't think outside the box.

big mad inferior cracker going extinct

You'd have a pretty hard time getting the CD up my ass, user. Also I'm pretty sure it'd just filter through the hole in the middle instead of getting pushed all the way in, but you're welcome to try.

That's literally what there all about you dumbass.

>People want ANOTHER Jojo Fighting Game.
No fuck off make an RPG.

I love jojo but every good fight has the good guys pulling something completely put of their ass that doesn't make sense most of the time.

How do you fight a stand that replaces your tongue and tells lies to your team?

lmao just cut off your tongue

You could easily make a JoJo game that played like Ace Attorney or Ghost Trick.
You could make an RPG or ARPG with some original villain to explain unlimited battles besides named stand users.
You could make a fucking party game out of it.

Fighting games can't even translate the weird powers besides generic attacks with variable range and damage.

Sounds like nothing will have changed then. Part 6 is too rushed, the only good thing it does is lead to Part 7

youre fucking retarded

Yes they could. Outside of some of the villains fo the week that have very situationl Stands, though those characters wouldn't even be playable anyway, almost every major character has an ability that it is not hard to see working in a fighting game.

That aside, I don't see how Ghost Trick and especially Ace Attorney styles of gameplay would suit JoJo at all.

>I don't see how Ghost Trick and especially Ace Attorney styles of gameplay would suit JoJo at all.
JoJo fights that end in punching usually are set up with the protags trying to understand how the enemy stand works and thinking of a way to make their stands counter said ability.
I brought up AA and GT, because they have their fair share of puzzles and investigations and something like would work quite well in JoJo.

They have puzzles, but not puzzles that would translate to JoJo at all.

Part 6 never

Attached: 1236972638723232.jpg (481x918, 77K)

>artwork
That one's debatable.

>JoJo threads are constantly people begging for an ArcSys game
>now Platinum
what is it about these studios that makes people fucking beg for them to make stuff. Same thing with Trigger whenever people want an anime adaptation

ALL STAR BATTLE ON PC FUCKING WHEN?
I JUST WANT IT TO BE ALIVE AGAIN
AND THE PS3 EMULATOR STILL HAS NO ONLINE

Attached: 1561813236082.gif (728x728, 851K)

Because Platinum made a few licensed games in a short period of time based on various different properties and ArcSys made DBFZ which was the biggest fighting game based on an existing IP in recent memory, or even ever.

asb sucked cock
it had great fanservice but gameplay was below average

What do you mean?
Platinum regularly takes risks and produces games that are obviously passion projects and don’t exploit trends in the gaming industry
Not saying all their games are great or even good

>animeonlys are obnoxious redditors or worse
>manga purists are the worst kind of gatekeeping spergs

I don't get jojofags. I just watch the show, read the manga and leave it at that because interacting with literally any fan is begging for a miserable experience.

Obviously you'd have to create puzzles that fit the JoJo style.
Are you really that afraid to put your noggin for a joggin?

No, I just don't think it'd be a good fit, unless it was vastly different from Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney, at which point I don't think the comparison is appropriate. And even if it were some kind of puzzle game that does suit JoJo well, I would still think a fighting game is a better fit for it, assuming it's an ideal puzzle game and an ideal fighting game we're comparing.

I can certainly imagine them fucking it up considering their 3rd Party Track Record over the years, MGR was the upset not the norm.

Transformers was good though.

Last time I wished Platinum made a game I got this garbage.
Never again.

Attached: TMNT_kv_2.jpg (1800x918, 545K)

The only good Jojo game is a tabletop RPG with your friends.

Now that the dust has settled, who was angrier: Ghiaccio or Diavolo?

Attached: 13639823675463.jpg (688x720, 66K)

Platinum sucks dick, Capcom would be a better pick for a jojo game since they showed they know how to make a stand user with V.

When will people realise that most jojo "fights" play out more like puzzles and aren't just about beating the shit out of the enemy stand user, and it wouldn't translate very well to vidya

Attached: 1562887415356.jpg (353x357, 40K)

My friend doesn't care for dice, is there a better combat system for table top?

No one because they'll 100% go for style over substance.

Exactly it's about people outsmarting one another, which is why it would work well as a fighting game.

Everyone realizes that, it just doesn't mean it can't translate decently to a video game.

yeah there's CHITS

Only if it's monster rancher style or phantasy star online style; you only have limited control on what you get.

I just said it, but turns out people just want the same games with different skins.
After all, in a puzzle game, you're practically required to know how to read.

Hamon was more interesting than stances.

Jojo is not a character action "fight lots of dudes" thing. You can't just have the protag fight hordes of generic faceless stand users or zombies. Platinum is a hilariously terrible fit. The ideal Jojo game would be a weird rpg puzzle game where every single combat instance is a boss fight where you have to use your ability in ingenious abstract ways. Most if it would be solving mysteries or exploring places. A location like Morioh would probably work best, styled like a Yakuza game.

good bait

Attached: 1232798346367.gif (345x260, 2.83M)

>we all know what this thread is really about

Attached: C31C4B1D-DDD3-4118-9814-D40E25BDA90F.png (300x350, 164K)

>implying Platinum ever put that much work into anything.
Seriously, Platinum games are good, but none of them have much variety or customization, you always just punch stuff with 200-hit combos

I tried this and really couldn't get into it.

Hamon was already exhausted by the time we got to Joseph. It was a catch all "i can do this now because lol why not!" anti vampire martial art. Stands offer infinite variety and situations but also the need for the user to specialize and experiment with their specific power. Instead of "I can now use sunlight pink overdrive that lets me conduct my hamon through air to shock your balls off cause the fight needs a way for me to win". Imagine how boring Highway Star would be if all Josuke could do was different color coded zaps.

People are retards user. The closest thing would either be an rpg/puzzle hybrid with tons of depth or you simulate the mindgames with a 1v1 fighting game. Still you have to dumb it down to "I use my attack that sorta makes these manga panels happen" anyway so theres no point.

It was better than EOH. I'd take an upgraded port that plays a little faster.

Part 4 was definitely Araki's favorite, he loves Josuke, Kira, and Killer Queen

was the PS2 vento aureo game any good?

Attached: DkWZMOPWwAMybiX.jpg (1115x1200, 407K)

Capcom or maybe arcsys

2d fighter similar to hftf would be awesome. 3D arena battler or open-world shit would be cringe

Attached: dbnb4tu-2142557a-4fda-4524-b000-9095ab63dc74.png (2446x2500, 1.07M)

It's called opinion my low IQ friend.

So instead we get stances that are just Deus ex machina 90% times.

The problem with Jojo as a fighting game is it boils down all these creative situational applications of whatever bonkers superpower the character has into "I use this input". You can't have Josuke trapping Highway Star in a car by smashing it up and fixing it it back together. Or Mariah luring Joseph and Avdol beneath power lines, or Polnareff detecting Vanilla Ice by scattering sand into the air. Jojos one of those DND situations where the creativity and freedom is too high for video games to really achieve. Hell maybe a text adventure game would be best.

Yeah a bad opinion.
also
>implying hamon wasn't deus ex machina bullshit at its finest
Ghosts with unique abilites are way more interesting than a poor man's hokuto shinken.

True. I find myself getting pretty bored when they introduced stands. Writing got a lot more predictable and so many stands seem so fucking specific that they'd be useless in 99% of scenarios. In contrast I found all the weird vampire powers and the powers of the pillar men to be more unpredictable and interesting.

Deus Ex Machina was all the ripple was. It was "I'm in a bind, I have a new power because it can do that now". While stands are more about creative use of an established power in new kooky ways. Rarely does it cross into "My stand can do this totally new thing" its usually just a different usage of something we understand. Joseph was barely using the ripple by the end of part 2, it was always mindgames and sleight of hand because anti vampire sunshine punches get real tired real fast.

>Actual nuanced abilites are predictable
>Not the basic elemental powers
???