So GameStop just laid off 50 of their mid-level management staff. Posting this here because it's been leaked...

So GameStop just laid off 50 of their mid-level management staff. Posting this here because it's been leaked, and is being censored in other places. This image came from a now-deleted tweet that I got to while it was fresh.

Thoughts? Anyone here affected by this? I'd love to hear some unmoderated discussion about it.

Attached: IMG_0514.jpg (1200x1600, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/gamestop-reportedly-laying-off-over-50-employees-as-part-of-reorganization
archive.is/bpWBr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

techraptor.net/content/gamestop-reportedly-laying-off-over-50-employees-as-part-of-reorganization

Gamestop is fucking dead

The fuck do we care? Like, I get that GameStop is technically Vidya because it's part of the market and the market has a huge effect on developer and publisher behavior, but the fuck do we care about restructuring or middle management? If you poured your life and soul into GameStop more the fool you

where exactly does it get deleted? It's all over reddit/neogaf/twitter/facebook. Are you mentally ill?

>50 regional leaders laid off
Yeah I'm sure they're on Yea Forums.
Come back when they lay off 50% of staff.

I care because Gamestop is a pox on the industry, and the people who just got laid off are serial kool-aid drinkers who made their money leaning on the actual store staff. Frankly, I'm in a pretty good mood about this.

The west is an expansion empire that controls the breadlands of America, the Northeat is a peaceful technological empire built around the great lakes and ocean, the southeast is an underdeveloped alliance of kingdoms to fight against the expansion of the west.

Who do you support Yea Forums?

50 corporate ticks need some other bloated company to leech off. who gives a shit?

>GameStop is a pox
They were the only thing starts ding between us and the always online you don't own your game future. GameStop was scum but with them out of the way, Sony and MS will move to the hard control model they originally intended with Xbox One and PS4 but had to backtrack on, and this time there may not be a public pushback to stop them

Then you'll have digital only and someone telling you that you own a liscence to rent their game subject to their terms for a fee of $60 dollars.

Attached: Capture.png (983x490, 35K)

>Thoughts? Anyone here affected by this? I'd love to hear some unmoderated discussion about it.
Ausbrah here, it's getting bad over here too. All assistant managers have been demoted to part-time hours from full-time. They also asked regional managers to resign with a severance because they want to have fewer hired.

It's an indicator of the pace at which the company unraveling. Since they do affect developer and publisher behavior, there will be some consequences for the market in the future when they're zombie retail/no longer around.

What’s happening is the new consoles will be digital purchase only.

are you a fucking stupid zoomer or something? Obviously if you post it to the COMPANIES SUBREDDIT then they will delete it right? Man you have no idea how the world works lmao.

That subreddit isn't moderated by GameStop, you idiot

I'd agree but there's no telling what that market effect will be, except that it'll probably be bad for consumers, and this is also the kind if dramatic restructuring that might save them

gamestop store manager here. Nobody at the store level is pleased, because this is clearly the writing on the wall.

The cuts came now because we have our company conference coming up at the end of august and they needed to get this done now so as to not waste precious money on flight/room+board on middle management who they knew weren't going to be there. A district manager was typically in charge of around 10 stores, now they are in charge of around 20 with a co-district manager. No idea if they are getting paid more or less for the increased work load, the ones who got axed got a severance package that includes 2 weeks of their regular salary for every year they had worked there. So if they worked at gamestop for 10 years, they got 20 weeks worth of pay.

Store level employees pretty much know now that once this fiscal year ends (in february) that the bottom 20-30% of stores are going to be closed. Corporate hasn't said that, but so far we have a new CEO, he cleaned house at the corporate level so they are all new, he just cleaned house with the field leaders, next up is going to be the stores. Nothing will happen until the fiscal year ends but when it does, expect to hear about store closures happening.

The company doesn't directly control the subreddit. It's just run by a bunch of faggot insider cheerleaders. Also, they definitely don't control the existence of the tweet.

I know that. I'm not the sped who suggested it was. It is, however, run by kool-aid chuggers who will run this kind of interference for the company and/or report the source tweet.

It's moderated by GameStop shills and employees

yes, it is. Every moderator is a current or former employee you fucking dunce.

Source - am a current manager and I frequent that board.

*cough* Amazon *cough* Ebay *COUGH*

The writing has been on the wall lol.

schizo projecting his mental illness out of nowhere

Oh please. Who the fuck trusts Bezos for anything?

>The company doesn't directly control the subreddit.

Attached: 1488224552204.jpg (760x571, 41K)

I don't know about Gamestop, but middle management can easily end up with too many superfluous staff. Where I worked we had a branch manager, department manager, a regular manager with an assistant manager and a team lead. Those last three managerial positions handled about 10 or 15 workers total. Middle management love inventing new management positions to delegate more of their work to and put more people between them and actually having to make a decision themselves.

it has, but nothing was being done about it. Don't get me wrong, fuck gamestop, can't wait until it goes under. Everybody knows its coming, everybody knows its the next blockbuster. But we thought it was just going to be a slow death, looks like the current hack of a CEO, George Sherman, is speeding up the process by enacting "bold" drastic changes in a desperate attempt to salvage something.

did they do something about bears rampaging through the store, people dancing the dinosaur, neckbeards harassing women with food and cashiers giving excessive store credit for battletoads copies? this is primarly why they generate so many losses

we already know they're dying. who cares

Ok then don't complain about a gamestop employee trying to rape your wallet

Realistically what else could GameStop do besides drastically reduce their size to reflect their decreased market share?

The company might not die. It may not stay a national brand though

Shit, while I don't really care for fucking Gamestop, most of the employees at my local are pretty based and don't hassle me for preorders and warranties. Hope my store doesn't go under.

>Hey would you like to-
>No thank you
>Are you sure, it's just $10 do-
>No
Wow that was hard.

The smart thing would have been to see the writing on the wall *years* ago, and make gentle corrective action so that they don't end up tied to physical games in 20-fucking-19.

Now they're stuck trying to sell Poopz and Fingerlings and shit because nobody gives a shit about physical games. This is strictly an issue of mismanagement, and anyone paying attention saw it coming.

Videogames

Reddit probably
Maybe some places on reddit are allowing it but the nature of redditors means any negative news will be censored in many places.

so what happens when gamestop goes under, where do i get my cheap used games offline

>So GameStop just laid off 50
wow it's nothing

It's too late now but they could have diversified better and offer some kind of service through their massive distribution network. Or gone back to being a niche electronics boutique.

Local stores will become more prominent.
Theres also Walmart but uh..
I wouldnt wish that on anyone

Or I could just go to literally any other store to buy games and not be asked stupid shit at all.

50 district managers. These are people who don't work within a store, they simply watch over an amount of them (around 10) and make sure they push the right metrics and numbers. To lose 50 is A LOT as there was probably only around 120 or so.

>50 employees

Gamestop has over 60,000 employees. How is this news?

Obviously, they're consolidating their retarded 18 different regions into just 3.

archive.is/bpWBr

Fuck OP

>Oh, it does not matter that there is no plastic wrapping on your game
>Yes, employees take home games for free and then put them back on the shelf and sel them as new, it is company policie
>Scratches on your disk even if it is new? Missing Booklet? Hair, cum, food residue in the box? NO REFUND YOU CRIMINAL SCUM(You can trade it in for store credit though, tehehe)

Fuck Game Stop, Amazon all day every day. Never had problems.

I went to order Horizon Chase Turbo for the Switch on GameStop because I figured they'd have copies of a smaller print run of a digital game on physical. I figured since I wanted Metal Wolf Chaos XD it was a perfect pairing since one is a GameStop exclusive and I realized they still charge for shipping. This is exactly the kind of shit that turns me away from shopping from them, I get free shipping from Amazon and even resellers on eBay. They're so far out of touch with consumers it's not even funny.

Attached: 2019-08-01 08_49_27-Handling Options _ GameStop.png (618x259, 15K)

At this point they're trying to pivot into events and become what's basically a modern arcade, complete with setups for people to come in and play games. However the overwhelming majority of their stores do not have the floor space for such an endeavor. It's probably too little too late, but they just need to hold out until the Scarlett and PS5 hit so they can coast off the launch for a few months. Otherwise there really isn't anything they can do

Attached: 1506665456297.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

>I figured since I wanted Metal Wolf Chaos XD
>XD

fuck off

Fucking readit nigger.

Calm down spergy, that's the name of the game.

Attached: mwc.jpg (1200x667, 515K)

>buying your used games from Gamestop
Facebook marketplace and amazon are so much better. Plus you don't have to deal with smelly neckbeards hassling you.

Attached: 1562504214114.jpg (1280x720, 56K)