Dead Space is better than Resident Evil 4

Dead Space is better than Resident Evil 4.

Attached: re.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

ehhhhh
i think you may be right

1 is definitely not better than re4. You could argue 2

It was literally designed as less-clunky re4 IN SPACE
Of course it is.

The controls alone make dead space better, didn't make it to the first town in re4 because of the horribly outdated controls.
But still looking forward to a re4 remaster with modern controls.

git gud

dead space 2 is the second best TPS of all time, but the original dead space loses out to RE4 on many things (even if its still debatable if its overall better)

RE4 has far stronger encounter design, almost every single room in the game is memorable because every single one of them is a new and well designed enemy formation with some accompanying gimmick almost every single time. Dead Space has a stronger core combat system but because its encounters are stale as fuck after a certain point (at the endgame the only thing the game can do anymore is to let a huge pile of necromorphs zergrush you in every large room on loop) so it doesnt automatically win on that front

Dead space has an infinitely stronger setting, story and lore as well with a much stronger art direction but once again it gets pretty stale by the end because the ishimura plays its hand pretty quickly and never evolves (even something like system shock 2 stays fresh even if the body of the many was dogshit in terms of gameplay, all of the decks are still wildly different) and the same applies to the necromorphs, possibly because of console limitations but none of them are particularly impressive and the more scary ones like the divider are very underused

would you kindly summarize what made DS2 so good?

No. DS is literally just 3rd person Doom3.

better encounter design than the first game, more and better enemies, more and better guns, a more polished and smooth gamefeel that compliments the action, better story, more varied gameplay and with better done variety (all of the "puzzles" that break the pace and the zero gravity segments are done much better in dead space 2), better bossfights and quite frankly better scares

thanks! what do you think about DS3?

every iteration of third person horror was better than RE4. That game is clunky as fuck without nostalgia goggles.
That's not even mentioning the fact it's a fucking gallery shooter and not really horror.

Attached: DSC04078.jpg (1600x1066, 567K)

worst out of the 3 but still one of the better tps of that generation and worth playing for someone who likes the other 2

Dead Space is alright, but it's nowhere near as good as RE4. The main problem with Dead Space is that the setting is monotonous and repetitive. It makes sense that a giant industrial ship would look very samey and have the same aesthetic from one deck to the next, but the result for the player is that the entire game looks like the levels just repeat, only with slight variations.

fuck off zoomer

Yes.

Dead Space > any Resident Evil because of the setting alone.

Are you playing on an older console or something? The Wii version and PS4/Xboner controls are fine.

About the same game. I liked killing necromorphs slightly more than killing spanish 'people'

mexican imports

No, at least for the first one
It has its charm but still nowhere near as great as RE4
You could say 2 were arguably on par with it or maybe tops it
3 on the other hand were straight out RE5/6 counterpart of the franchise

I actually had the opposite experience and found Dead Space more annoying to control so I only played a couple of hours of it. Clearly I’m in the minority on that one. With RE4 the control scheme is tanky but precise and I found it easy to move the character the way I wanted. In Dead Space although the controls are more standard the character felt really heavy and unresponsive to me.

I agree with a lot of your points but personally I thought RE4 had a better setting, especially the castle section. Whilst I understand it’s more campy and not as scary I kinda liked the cheesy stuff like the lava room with big statues that shoot fire. It’s weird scooby doo shit but it’s a video game and it’s fun. I got bored of Dead Space setting pretty quickly. I also really liked the merchant and gun upgrading stuff in RE4.

No its not. NEXT

I dont think the "setting" of RE4 is a problem itself, its the artstyle and general presentation of it. You could easily turn RE4 into one of the scarier RE games with a remake that went more into the direction of shadow over innsmouth turns into amnesia with a the thing lab outpost at the end

It's good but it's not better than 4 and it wouldn't exist without 4 coming first either

I find it surprising that no rerelease of the Dead Space games followed RE2make.

>not a single giant boulder
no it isnt

If you want to play RE4, the only good way of playing it is by emulating the Wii version in Dolphin, using your mouse to emulate a Wiimote. Map right click to B and left click to A, WASD to left stick and other shit on ctrl/shift.

It's a little janky but it's miles better than playing with a controller or using the shitty mouse controls in the official PC ports