DELAYED!

DELAYED!

I. FUCKING. TOLD. YOU.

Attached: 67850013_10162253518915247_8357049404942712832_n.jpg (399x960, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q970MFqoDN4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That doesn't say it's delayed.

dont care. never going to touch it anyway

Yikes, when a movie keeps getting pushed back like this you know it's going to be shit

That looks less like he's saying it's gonna be delayed and more him trying to be a martyr on social media.

hes already making excuses "we are trying our best to deliver in november"

yeah sounds like hes already in damage control to me

>tiny indies
>millions of dollars from Sony

okay

>The studio I established was tiny indies
loooool how high is this guy, this is getting pathetic.

It was established as an independent studio with 5 people.

I'd rather it be done than rushed so take all the time you need.

Sounds like you religiously follow everything Kojima posts waiting for something you can intentionally misinterpret as negative.

That's like saying the fucktards that made no mans sky are AAA devs.

>Sony picked him up & gave him one of their engines
>They funded the whole game
>They paid for all the hollywood actors to star in his game
SURE IS INDIE LMAO

The certainly weren't tiny devs, you probably don't even realize how much dosh they made on joe danger

Change the cover pls....

>It was established as an independent studio
lol he literally had a undertable deal with sony before he even left Konami

>crunch time
I thought we all agreed this shouldn’t be allowed?

>religiously follow kojima

where was that even implied?

every sector has crunch time

Its only fat fucking nerd game devs and workers who cry about it because, well, they are fat lazy nerds

The OP.

That's irrelevant, if you have external funding from a major AAA publisher you are not an indie company.
Especially when you're literally making an exclusive game for them, using their engine that they handed to you for free.

>tiny indies
come on now

Independent means just that, independent. It doesn't mean low-budget. It's true that KojiPro is independent in that they aren't owned by a major publisher. However Death Stranding is not an indie game since it has massive publisher backing.

that poster looks like something for a movie

>The studio I established was tiny indies
>was
Past tense, you fucking idiot.

What we're discussing is the game and it is by no means independent nor "indie" would has a different meaning now.
It would be like calling Star Citizen indie.

Kojima would be making games if anyone would actually fund him (hint: no one will).

Making movies*
My b, don't make fun of me.

Nobody is actually waiting to play this. Its almost out and all hes shown is walking in big ass open fields. Any other game, and Yea Forums would be burning it down, but oh no this one is Kojima's game. I actually liked Kojima before Death Stranding was announced.

Kojima is talking about his studio though.

That looks like a poorly photoshopped Norman Reedus in the suit

>Any other game, and Yea Forums would be burning it down
Have you not browsed the site in a very long time? Everyone on this board (unjustly) shits on this game.

>The studio I made was tiny indies
This makes no sense. He hadn't made a game before receiving funding & an engine from Sony.

Nah, he clearly enjoys making games and a lot of the shit he likes to try isn't possible in movies. Whereas he can do practically anything he could do with a movie in a game.

If i'm not mistaken, the project they were going for at first was a relatively small game for every console and pc, then sony came ang gave him big money

>unjustly

I'm really looking forward to playing it

>only interesting game coming out in the past 3 years
>"its shit"

Nobody cares what you told us.

We only care that it was delayed.

Well some of us. Not me.

Most people are. But since every other site is excited for it contrarians are fleeing to Yea Forums to create a safe space away from the hype.

I am!

only community managers get infuriated at crunch time, developers knows it's needed at time, and happily do it because it's bro nights more than anything.

Yea Forums shits on the game harder than anywhere else on the internet. Even on resetera where people are still seething about Quiet you get more people defending it and Kojima.

Some insider said preorders are actually tracking it to be his highest selling game ever. But that's just some insider talk.

sounds like either it'll be delayed or be buggy on release

stop making stuff up

Indie in the context of video game development is self-funded.
Obviously Sony handing you money to make a game is not self-funded.

t. industry shills

oh fuck of and go watch jim sterling you commie

No it doesn't.

Why would anyone give Kojima the benefit if the doubt, after so long?

Because his games have always been good.

Because he has yet to disappoint. All of his games are kino, even the shittier ones like 4 and 5 which are shit because:
>VERY tired of mgs when being forced to make those games, in fact death stranding's extremely quick development pace suggests that he has been cooking the game up in his head for at least since mgsv started, at most after mgs3 came out
>konami fucking his games up by giving shitty deadlines, forcing to cut shit out, not enough money, etc.
He's on a blank check with this game, which is why it will be amazing.

>3 months until release
>still no footage of anyone actually playing the game
>just screenshots of the main character standing around in empty openworlds and trailers of characters in the game

yeah, sure thing

Attached: Denial.jpg (708x456, 28K)

nothing wrong with that
why do you need to spoiler every single detail of the game for yourself
autist

PREASE UNDERSTANDU
WE INDIE STUDIO
GIB DORRAH SONY-SAMA

It doesn't say that.
Even if it is delayed - so what? Better later and in a better state than sooner and rushed.

How are you independent if you're on the sony payroll?

SEETHING

Nice argument LOL.

this is one and only game i would love to see it bomb hard and his *indy* studio close

He was gonna do it either way with or without them

>gameplay
>spoiling

oh right you're a PS4 owner what would you care about gameplay

seething

Seething

So is it confirmed as a peesee exclusive?

get a tech job.

coping

>all his games are kino
>even the shittier ones
4 and 5 were shit because he didn't have Tomokazu Fukushima picking up his slack

OMG IS THAT SHIGERU KOJIMA! BASED AND PREORDERED!

Attached: american portrait.jpg (281x351, 18K)

Rockstar never showed anyone playing RDR2 and people had to wait for the game to leak and sit glued to a shitty Yuro stream to see some horrible shitter play the game in 240p before being banned and closed. That's how it's supposed to be. Fuck your showcases, let me explore everything by myself without having the devs and Yea Forums spoil everything.

Snoy exclusive for now. Who knows how long that will last. At least long enough that I know I will have to suffer the PS4 version before the PC port even gets a hinted at release window.

Seething

>why didn't you take my obvious bait
You can't be serious

Sounds like complete bullshit. Just looking at youtube views it's pretty clear

>Opinions that differ from mine are bait
Mega cope

It's pretty clear that its going to be his best selling game, yeah

>Being a AAA Dev is entirely about how much money you started the project with

Lmao nice nonargument, yet again! Kojimchads win again!!!

imagine being a fukushima-fag, he just wrote a few codecs LMAO

>mfw fukushima-fag on november 8th

Attached: suicide.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

Kojima productions has only 20 staff what did you expect.

>new ip
>not multiplat
>around same amount of views as various mgs5 trailers
We'll see

>for free
Nah its for 1 year exclusivity rights.
And no release on xbox ever.

Haha yeah I guess you will

I'm sure a lot of companies started as just a small group of people

You're underestimating how many normalfags like Kojima or snoy movie games.

How many units did MGSV sell? 6 million?

What exactly is the gameplay loop of this? Trying to deliver packages while avoiding Amazon and the weird ghost things, and not dying from fucking up and slipping off a cliff or something? Am I gonna have to watch my hunger and thirst?

You don't say. I think his point is that they founded the studio with a handful of people just over three years ago and now they're already about to ship a AAA game.

>unironically defending every game Kojima has made
Not a cope, I just didn't want to believe that you were such a drone.

Attached: Kojimafags.png (802x472, 97K)

Horizon, Sony's other new IP this gen which wasn't even a great game has outsold the best selling MGS by several million.

dumbest opinion in the thread

Attached: 1563196737915.gif (250x308, 1.88M)

Sounds about right. Think there's a shoe/boots wear and tear too from what I've seen with boots being items equipped the same as health packs. Also packages can take damage. Haven't seen anything about hunger and thirst though.

>muh indie with 5 people
>gets shoved $80 million up his ass plus additional $80 for marketing within two weeks of said establishing, making his studio grow to 200+ people, with that mongoloid assclown Shuhei Yoshida personally flying to Turdeo Hackjima to suck his dick to make him their prestigious cinematic walking simulator household name.
Meanwhile that kike frompissrael Neil Druckmann is seething into anal prolapse because he isn't #1 at Sony creating cinematic movie games

Attached: 1557061166018.jpg (118x142, 4K)

>Not multiplat

>Meanwhile that kike frompissrael Neil Druckmann is seething into anal prolapse because he isn't #1 at Sony creating cinematic movie games
Based Kojima making Druckmann seethe.

>Nah its for 1 year exclusivity rights
Do we actually know this?

Speaking of seething.

>he just wrote a couple of codecs
>what do you mean he's credited as Writer, Scripter and Scripter(Codec)
>he just wrote codecs the massive drop in quality after he left was just because Kojima was tired
>What do mean Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is considered the best written MGS game

Attached: pp,550x550.jpg (443x550, 38K)

LMAO ghost babel is not the best written MGS game
what eceleb told you that bud

>yes
>wrote a few codec dialogues here and there, scripted a few small things, scripted for codec
>not massive, yes
>who?

Attached: baitkek.jpg (351x358, 29K)

>this stupid game people are hyping still
I’ve lost count of how many years it’s been since announcement and how many “wow so hype so weird and cinematic” trailers this game has dropped with 0 gameplay.

I’ve never backed a game for being a train wreck but this is the one, everyone keeps hyping it up because muh Kojima and muh woah it’s so sp00ky and vague.

>muh ecelebs
do you not know what the considered means? People take it to consideration wether you like it or not.
>if I brush it all off maybe he'll think I'm right
nah

>It's okay when Nintendo does it
Any game that doesn't look like complete shit to the eye is a movie, right? Almost like you harbor some envy..

Attached: link-ed2.jpg (1280x674, 121K)

you didnt respond to either of us
what was the point of this reply?

>if i make up a bunch of random bullshit and spew it out my ass at people i'll have a good excuse to hate someone who because they're vastly more successful and intelligent than me
nah

Never had faith in this project.

>tfw Fukushimafag

EVEN WHEN THE FIRST 3 GAMES WERE RELEASED WE KNEW FUKUSHIMA WAS THE BRAINS BEHIND KOJIMA

FUCK YOU FOR SUCKING KOJIMAS YELLOW COCK HE LITERALLY WROTE ALL THE BEST PARTS

Attached: Mo05lT0.jpg (1512x4448, 866K)

>yet another rushed AAA
Here we go again. Who the fuck at Sony scheduled the release so soon?

>admitting to crunch
O ou, Jason Schreier article incoming.

>Fukushima
He's a co-writer. Have you ever heard of Policenauts and Snatcher? Metal Gear is not the only story Kojima wrote.

100 DAYS AS OF YESTERDAY to go!
>BUT

snatcher is a literal blade runner ripoff

RENT
FREE

you're a retard mate

What the fuck are you talking about? do you need my every response to be spoon-fed to you with pics? Google something.
>i'll have a good excuse to hate someone who because they're vastly more successful and intelligent than me
read what you're writing ffs.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 9.19.53 AM.png (696x332, 38K)

It's still amazing that he's making a new genre

And Policenaughts is a ripoff of Lethal Weapon

Yea Forums would fucking love this game if it had kiddie cartoon graphics. There's a lot of ADHD children here that can't sit still without flashing colors on the screen all the time.

Attached: 1_kw7cuiTCqUgJ5YdyBxtJmg.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

see

Inspired by =/= rip off you dumb mongs.

>Its only fat fucking nerd game devs and workers who cry about it because, well, they are fat lazy nerds

When was the last time you worked 70+ hour work weeks for weeks or even months on end?
Also, do you think 70+ hour work weeks is okay?

seething

Your point?

>’still in crunch time of dev’
Fuck Yes. I cannot wait for lurid tales of horrendously long working hours under harsh, punishing management. ResetERA will literally fucking CANCEL Kojimbo for this. Times up ya fucking ching chong hack!

They probably love working under Kojima. They literally hid a message in MG Survive reading 'KJP FOREVER'.

Point being; your retarded

What I want to know is what happened to the PC version. They said there would be one but they lied.

Attached: rent free.jpg (197x256, 9K)

last year during gamescom we did 12 hours for 7 days, you just get on with it

I usually work 45 hour weeks

What did Kojima mean by this?

Attached: Schermafbeelding 2019-07-30 om 17.12.31.png (1902x1062, 2.01M)

YES

>so what if I take inspiration from the cyberpunk noir setting
>and the humanoid robots going rogue and killing humans
>and the characters clothes and style
you have to be retarded at this point.

Attached: DdhUD_DVAAAILOJ.jpg (1017x1079, 160K)

Wow, I didn't know Alien Isolation is a rip off of I Robot.

so is metal gear, that doesnt make it bad.
the 80s/90s were a more forgiving time

Attached: Escape_From_LA.jpg (201x300, 26K)

Thanks for conceding bing bing wahoos.

same, will watch it on youtube tho

> still seething about Quiet
Proof?

Why are snoyfags COPING so hard everytime somebody doesn't suck off sony?
Nobody mentioned Nintendo here, why are you so obsessed?

Why are people so deadset on spreading misinformation about this game? Why do people act like it's completely incomprehensible when there's a good amount of information in regards to how it'll play?

Are you okay user?

Are you still SEETHING about Zelda?

Not really, we have no idea how the social strand system works or how fleshed out the survival mechanics will be.

Just look through any Kojima related thread there. I'm not gonna link that shit here but it's quite amusing.

So we don't know every mechanic, but we now what the core idea is. You travel from different colonies delivering packages with various tools while you avoid natural and supernatural obstructions.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Thats Sting's character from the terrible lynch Dune adaptation

>so what if I take inspiration from the cyberpunk noir setting
Blade runner didnt invent cyberpunk, do androids dream of electric sheep certainly didnt invent it either, blade runner simply pioneered the neon hell tokyo aesthetic

>and the humanoid robots going rogue and killing humans
replicants arent robots

Like I said, retarded.

I liked him until MGSV. That’s when I realized he was a talentless hack.

>I liked Kojima until he made the game with his best gameplay yet

Attached: unknown.png (504x399, 130K)

>"indie" would has a different meaning now.
this isn't going to hold up. indie means indie and it's not an aesthetic.

So he copied the clothes of other movie characters as well, doesn’t change much. It’s not choosing a cyberpunk setting that’s the problem, you’re looking at all these things in a vacuum but if you put them together you get a bootleg Blade Runner. Besides that they also traced set photos for concept art.
Replicants are defined as androids, androids are defined as humanoid robots, you’re just being semantic.

Attached: 31507255-6E10-47EA-ACF2-6AAA755B243D.jpg (300x350, 35K)

>Replicants are defined as androids
Where? They are androids in DADOES, in the movies its almost blatantly obvious, especially in 2049 that replicants are homunculus/ simply lab made humans. The voight kampf test literally does nothing but detect symptoms of psychopathy

>So he copied the clothes of other movie characters as well, doesn’t change much.
directly lifting a look/ costume is admittedly despicable and lazy but kojima isnt the one drawing up characters for his games

No one in the industry cares what we think should be allowed or not.

>nb4 Sony can’t compete properly next gen because Kojima vaccumes their budget

IGN gave MGS4 and MGS5 10/10. Now what?

This hack really does think he's inventing a new genre, jesus christ.

>MGSV
>best gameplay
Play the rest of the series, thank you

You're right. Before every disappointing game he starts talking about being down to the crunch. He knows it's shit.

>ghost babel

MGS1 levels of melodramatic monologue but with an aboriginal wielding a giant boomerang

It is being published by Sony, it doesn't fit any definition of the word indie and never did.

Google “replicant” it has a blurb from the wiki that says “bioengineered android composed entirely of organic material”
Admittedly I should have just written androids but it fits either way.
Even if Kojima didn’t draw them I’m sure he had significant say in how the characters turned out.

Well yeah he popularised the stealth genre, I don't know why this is so hard to believe. Sure, some obscure games did it before but Kojima took it and made it something that appeals to the masses.

>terrible Dune adaptation
Lynch urself bro

Attached: 1555428661935.jpg (699x435, 26K)

Done, your point?

>Kojima torturing devs with crunch time
The real Death Stranding was the burnouts we had along the way

Lynch disowned it himself because of what an embarrassing pile of shit it is, I dont blame him but the movie is complete shit both when comparing it to the book and when taken on its own merits. The only good thing is the music, some of the visuals and some of the casting

Not even the biggest Lynch fans like Dune

>I actually liked Kojima before Death Stranding was announced.

Lol yeah okay bud

>I..I didn't get destroyed I won, mom aggreed!

Now I bring you to the realization that the pic was meant to show that Ghost Babel’s considered a well-written MG game by those that play it. IGN isn’t the be all end all of video game opinions, I could have said that Google user reviews put it at 94% not much would change. My argument was that GB is well-liked yours is pointless

He'll just have massive patches so it'll release in November.

I guess I'm nobody

Who the fuck cares if it's not a multiplat, there are 100 million ps4s out there already lmao. Get over it or buy one already

not him but owning a nintendo console or playing bing bing wahoo if youre over 5 years old means you automatically lost whatever the argument is

>nononononoo forgot abuot my original point about ZELDRUMPF I SAID I WON GO WAYA HELP HELP DADDY MODS I'M GETTING RAPPPPPED

You're overestimating. Do people on this board consider the resetera crowd to be "normies"? Or do they actually think the COD demographic is gonna be interested in this shit? Normies don't know who the fuck kojima is.

Good thing this is not a movie then

Neat. Now I just have to wait a bit longer to play it on PS5 and skip the shitty PS4 entirely.

Attached: PS4 Library.jpg (555x800, 41K)

>he didn't do anything, just wrote 95 percent of the dialogue in the games.

You're replying to the type of person that plays Mario and Zelda then complains about 'normie' games.

He's not saying that in the hipster sense you dense faggot, hes saying Death Stranding ruined it

Ruined what?

What you mean the game that's not even out? Wow, ruined.

The guy barely knows how to write english, you can't take this broken grammar mess as proof of anything

>It would be like calling Star Citizen indie.
Star Citizen is an indy game though...

Attached: thumb wars.png (1038x1074, 1.09M)

I enjoyed it I know its not a great movie but it has neat design choices and theirs very good actors in it. there are things to take from it even if as a whole it doesn't represent the books well

>people still don't realize that Konami literally created a shell llc company for Kojima with the same name as his production team and that he's still with Konami

>people don't realize that the people getting laid off from Konami was part of an actual restructuring scheme by Kojima

>people don't realize that Konami is moving towards the licensing and exclusives business model where others bankroll their projects rather funding it in house

Even the fucking American employees let out that Konami is doing a operational rebrand. Kojima Productions Co LTD is registered as a llc that shields ownership identity and strips all legal responsibility from Kojima. The taboo of him leaving the industry is this.

I hope this shit fails hard.

That doesn't say delayed. I doubt they would have greenlit the reveal of the launch date if there was even a 1% chance of it getting delayed. This is probably long con style "Well we had lots of hard crunch time so the bugs in the game at launch were inevitable sorry please understand" to explain why even with a day 1 patch the game will crash/be buggy. like mgsv was.

>these unsubtle warnings

This game is going to be a huge joke after 3 hours of intro cinematics.

It'll be like Phantom Pain but with even less interesting combat. The background story of a destroyed world even lets him get away with less world detail and buildings.

So basically Kojima is a at fault for giving Konami this idea of a split and firing folks to reduce costs and increase profit? Yeah, if this is true he's a ass and deserves to leave the industry.

so what is he doing during crunch?

Watching movies and eating

MGSV's combat was fine, the world of MGSV was the problem. it was just barren in terms of core gameplay elements. There's a whole host of fuckups like the real time gating of development of shit, or the microtransactions.

A lot of writing, management, directing and play testing.

kojima is a hack and if you cant see the bullshit in the "the visuals we aimed to create", "the studio i established was tiny indies BUT.." he is making up excuses as much as his inflated ego lets him.

What a moron, Kojipro has 100 employees compared to something like Ubisoft Montreal's 3500.

>real time gating
I heard people complaining about this DA: Inquisition too, and it turned out to be a non-issue. Exactly how bad are we talking?

Crunching

Kojima is confirmed to have 350

Oh it's not bad, it's not near a mobile game. and if you wanted you could go through almost the entire game with the base equipment (There's a few upgrades to stuff like fulton that are required for story elements). It's more just an annoyance. You finally level up your R&D team which is an annoying grind of repeating missions to get high ranked staff, then you spend the GMP on the blueprint to upgrade your weapon and it slaps you in the face with a 45 minute timer before you can use it. It's just the worst kind of blueball.

>muh TORtanic fix
humans were a mistake

>blank check from Sony
>"uwu tiny smol previous indie team"
I fucking hate this hack. MGS3 was his last good game

I'm sure you can easily provide a source if it's confirmed.

why are you comparing him to other studios? its him making up excuses and the only shit i see in his twitter post is him boasting how DS has something that never existed before thus giving him an option on leaning back in case of bad review that it was fthe first game of its kind. the world and visuals they AIMED to create giving him an excuse if visuals etc are not as expected. last being him talking about himself how he established studio and them being tiny indies trying their best to deliver till 8th. oh and dont forget they have crunch break so that could lead up to delay since tiny indy team got tired.. the whole twitter post is him laying a foundation to fall back on when shit hits the fan.

I'm proving they genuinely are a tiny indie team, I don't care about anything else you have to say.

scroll up. aint gonna spoon feed you but there are anons in this thread that explained it nicely why them/Kojima Studios are hardly anywhere of being indie. him having a publisher, lots of financal backing by Sony etc.

> putting lgbt symbol in every tweet
He fag?

>publisher
Doesn't matter.
>financial backing by Sony.
Doesn't matter, they're still a small team.

what did you expect? he likes the smell of his own farts..

>indie
I mean, okay as a studio, they're objectively not indie, they have financial backing and a publisher. They're not independent even if they have full creative control, there has to be some degree of trickle down.

What he probably meant to infer was that he gathered indie devs he knew of, or smaller groups that weren't part of a large corporation to build kojipro. Which is pretty much right, if you've looked at the list of staff at kojipro a lot of them did freeware games. It's pretty interesting. There's rumors of Tempura/sakaki having been scouted out even, which, I can't imagine what an RPG maker guy would do at kojipro but who the fuck knows with that fruitcake.

No, he just likes rainbows.

Attached: Metal_70b1c1_5649284.png (630x646, 553K)

you got dropped on the head as a baby right? i rest my case aint gonna get in arguments with a dick rider..

no, he's not a gay

You're completely retarded user, Hello Games aren't AAA either.

Irony

>guy with a sterling track record gets people excited with his next thing

fucking neckbears!

Attached: dFPbd10 (2).jpg (1536x2048, 666K)

Where did you find Hello Games? They are closer to indie than Kojima ever will be. Hello Games got fucked by publishers because it was their first big time publishing thing and they got fucked on deadlines etc. if it is to be believed. Kojima is hardly anywhere of being indie. Too many games and publishing things for him to be even considered going indie. He has publishers lining up for him as soon as they get the smell of his new wacky ideas.

That's the score for MGS, idiot

Board for people that play vidya when?

ew

Lmao

its called /vg/

>Game was supposed to come out last year and couldn't make the deadline
>spends most of his time watching movies, traveling, and eating on top of hanging out with hollyshit people
>Japanese job review site reveals Kojima Productions actually pays their employees less than industry standard (i.e. Less than folks at Capcom, Konami, etc)
>Yet Kojima got a blank check for the project
>probably has double his yearly salary from Konami which was around $1 Million at the time
>actors that cost money and don't add anything substantial

Kojima drones are really something else if they think this isn't wrong. Someone called Kojima out on his crunch time comment and it got downvoted to oblivion. Why are you people like this? Why do you give this man an excuse to shit down your neck?

I honestly don't get the hype for this "game". All the trailers shown so far have been nothing short of Cinematic Previews in line with Hollywood movies with the gameplay being nothing more than a glorified walking Simulator. I understand the love for story but at the end of the day it should be supplemental to a game not the primary focus else you end up like FFXIV-fags who forget that they're playing a WoW-clone and assume MMO superiority cause of my "Single Player Story". Actually starts to make more sense when you consider PS4 players always praise story over gameplay, even XIV is PS4 exclusive

>making up a load of shit so you have a reason to seethe about some dumb nip
Why are you like this? Why do you think people will believe a word you say without legitimate sources?

Imagine the absolute delusion this user lives in, why are most posters on Yea Forums so mentally ill?

>sci-fi horror mailman simulator + Kojima fuckery and pretentiousness
I'm so goddamn on board.

delusion? game was to be released last year, Kojima is known for having his movie watching fridays with team, it is known that he got a big nice check under the table before leaving and making his new studio, he has unlimited Sony resources one of the reasons him going exclusive for PS 1 year. All of the things user said are objectively true and youll have a hard time finding good argument. Cant agree on the actors part other than Kojima wasting resources by sucking up their ass.. Think you are the one being delusional here.

what is wrong with game development that there always needs to be a huge "crunch time" right before release? why don't they just wait until it's ready?

Sad!

>was to be released last year
is there source for that? I've been hearing it a lot lately. As far as I know there was never any remotely concrete release date before this nov 8th one. In fact I don't remember any years, even.

literally everything he said was made up user.

Sony wants it out in time for Christmas shopping / to make a PS4 Death Stranding bundle.

Kojima himself said the game was coming out between when Akira takes place (2019) but before the Olympics (2020) so now basically.

cba spoon feeding you but march 29 2019. thing is that Kojima got a lot of backlash because of him having dinners, traveling, sucking up to hollywood stars, his team having no work days like watching movies etc. do the math mate.

you can buy the game on PSN, that means it's set in stone already

game got delayed lots of times. last year, this year march and so on and by the looks of heavy rumors it is going to be delayed again. nothing new coming from Kojima desu since in the end he will just say that publishers forced him again and he couldnt do all the stuff he wanted. one trick pony.

literally coping so hard they make up fake news and live in denial that the game is coming out on time
pathetic beyond words

>LGBT flag
Is Kojima gay?

mate im not the one thats gonna waste time on this game. im telling you right now it is MGSV all over with Kojima bitching how he ran out of time and he had lots of other stuff planed. hope you enjoy the game tho it being infested with cinematic scenes you can hardly call it that and missing half of the stuff resulting in Kojimas swiss cheese plot.

HIDEO KOJIMA
A
C
K

actual true coping

MGSV was an incredible game. Not the best by Kojima standards, but nonetheless incredible.

>flag

If it wasn't allowed, nothing would ever be quality at launch ever again.

You're literally wasting time making up stuff about the game so you can mad about it. Seek help.

MGSV was great though, it was all about gameplay. Dont know why people think DS will be a movie when MGSV had so little cutscenes people were angry.

supreme cope

incredible game by what standards?
30 min intro.. game was good in sense if you keep up with its broken lore and if you enjoy barren maps with outposts here and a gloriefed base building which is equal to the mini games on Facebook.. to each its own but Kojima was bitching about how publishers fucked him with deadlines thus lots of missing stuff and plot holes. desu i admire him for pulling all that crap out of his ass and people still buy it.

>When was the last time you worked 70+ hour work weeks for weeks or even months on end?
>last year during gamescom we did 12 hours for 7 days
So never. Gotcha.

60 hours weekly in cruise ship building. for years now. cant say i feel pitty for them sitting behind computers under ac.

Damn that sounds rough. Not defending the nerds. I don't feel sorry for them either. Just calling out on his shit

>Kojima was bitching about how publishers fucked him with deadlines thus lots of missing stuff and plot holes
More total bullshit.

theres nothing about the gameplay that should incite hype or even hope that it will be fun.

Incredible according to most people's standards, judging by it's critical reception.

ladders
also not every game has to have incredible, innovative gameplay
it's possible to enjoy gameplay heavy games AND narrative heavy games

lol MGSV is one of the best TPS games of all times

meh im one of the leading people for HVAC on cruise ship projects for Chantiers de l'Atlantique/Royal Caribbean so i probably make way more than they do so i wouldnt call it rough even tho im on the site with welders and installation guys whole the time.. just wanted to point out them bitching about 70h+ work on computers under AC means fuck all.

most people standards meaning MGS fanboys and few of them people that bought it because it was bundled with PS4?

>NO DOESN'T COUNT!!!!

If anything MGSV was wasted on the MGS fanbase.

>If anything MGSV was wasted on the MGS fanbase.
Fucking this, MGS fags cant appreciate a good game

Anons, dear Anons, there are only three outcomes to this:

1. The game is poor/mediocre and becomes Kojima's swan song. The entire industry, and a seizable part of his fanbase, realise just how overhyped the man truly was. He then becomes a B grade Sony developer.

2. The game is good/very good. After a while goes to PC, thus doubling Sony's profit and his fame. He becomes the absolute star of Sony's development studio, basically given free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants.

3. The Ruse, by some miracle, turns out to be true. Kojima becomes a legend, and Yea Forums universally sucks his cock for ages to come.

This is so much true. I gag whenever I read people calling MGS a "good game", a "stealth game" or "the best MGS game", even though all three can be disproven in minutes.

>Caramel knew this

as far as im concerned Max Payne 1 blows it out of the water.. its all relative mate.

It was the best selling MGS ever, it's impossible that only fanboys brought it.

yeah well you're retarded

It's going to be disastrous for many game directors if this turns out a dud.

it being on multiple platforms has an effect, it being bundled with ps4, it being marketed as open world espionage attracted normies etc. apart from MGS fanboys i really doubt all or most of them finished the game.

A DUD?!

If the game turns out to be shit, Sony will never again allow some auteur total control over the development.

Yeah I'm agreeing with this user:

Normal game directors just make games, they don't do any of this pretentious auteur bullshit.

Yes and that's going to be a disaster for their other directors. And it will also impact how other publishers see auteur-driven games. Kojima has got A LOT riding on this. It's more than just his career. It's also how publishers will treat director influence in their games.

"normal" game directors are just studio puppets in the form of "project leads". There are extremely few true directors in gaming today. Especially in the AAA sphere.

calling me a retard when i gave you a good example of good TPS shooter which predates MGSV by decade+..

>calling me a retard for acting retarded

ya

If it was so bad they would have given it bad reviews but that's not the case, the game received 9/10s everywhere.

AAA is literally only about the production budget, yes.

Probably one of the worst opinions I've seen on this board.

You're a retard for saying it's all relative when Max Payne clearly has no relatives anymore.

Literally yes. Look at Game Freak, a dev team comprised of 20-25 devs per game with billions at their disposal for development.

>tfw will miss the sheer size of massive shitflinging and shitposting threads upon release because I'll be too busy consuming the product
Darn, I wish I didn't like new product

Attached: superman_cig.jpg (259x274, 34K)

>something never before seen
>mfw open-world third person shooting with crouch walking and Assassin's Creed-tier murdergrass
How can one man be this far up his own ass? Honestly? How is this possible? There's not a single thing they have shown yet which looks like it has never existed before.

Indie means you are not funded by a publisher. That’s it.
Normal games are funded by publishers who take the lion’s share of the profits. If you are not in such a relationship, you are an independent studio. That is all it fucking means.
If some guy decides to just drop billions of dollars in your lap and then fucks off and has no control over you, you are still an indie production.

Fucking clickbait threads, fuck this, fuck you OP, suck a bag of dicks

Ah, yes, I'm sure all those Holloywood actors would have worked for free or for chump change just because they'd be working with some literally who Jap. You make it seem like Kojima is fucking Miyazaki or Toriyama. He's a literal nobody outside of gaming, and even within gaming he's not as big a name as Miyamoto or Gaben.

dont mind the zoomers, none of them have ever even played max payne and actually use terms like "gunplay"

Man I fucking hate kojima, he is solely responsible for the death of 100 billion innocents

made me chuckle. you are ok user even tho you are a Kojima dickrider.

Okay?

Seek medication

there's 100 people at the new kojipro. even if most aren't from the old one.
i'm curious about the future MG, almost even more than DS.

I’m sure Elisabeth wasted more lives than Quiet

Thanks bro. You looking forward to Control? Looks like a decent game to play until Death Stranding.

Konami did everything they could to make Survive a hit, they even put pyramid heads in it and nada. It's dead.

If Kojima was smart, he would've just put Fox Engine on an USB on his way out of Konami offices. And then at Sony he could've just renamed the engine into "Jackal Engine" or something and just rode off it.

meh i dont mind them. i chuckle when someone glorifies MGS as an incredible TPS..
as far as i know i aint even torrenting either of them.

> I'm sure all those Holloywood actors would have worked for free or for chump change just because they'd be working with some literally who Jap.
>He's a literal nobody outside of gaming
Funny you should say that, Guillermo del Toro's a fan of MGS and has kept relations with Kojima since before any business partnership.

Survive is a low budget spin off and a stand alone expansion of V. even the producer said it's not the future.
there's 250 ex kojipro members at konami on no projects known, including some returning one who returned like the main programmer of MGS1-2-3.
MG is the second most succesful franchise of konami, it will happen.

Attached: money.png (845x153, 23K)

He can't do that. and the fox engine creator didn't followed him.
and he probably left konami of his own, getting fired of konami as the VICE PRESIDENT would require a very important fuck up like something fucking horrible.

>zoomers
MGS is much older than Max Payne user.

konami makes office furniture now.

The first time metal gear solid could even remotely be considered to resemble a TPS was with MGS3 subsistence and that would probably be one of the worst "tps" ever made if you want to argue for that ones merits

Konami literally added a new studio for the vidya division and new staffs.

There was no "fox engine creator". The team developed the engine alongside MGSV.

>i chuckle when someone glorifies MGS as an incredible TPS..
prove me wrong :)

>it doesn't control like fortnite so it's shit
okay lil'zoom

>it doesn't control like fortnite so it's shit
never played fortnite so I wouldnt know but youre an actually retarded mouthbreathing console basedlet if you think MGS3 is a fucking good TPS let alone a good anything for that matter. its actually fucking hilarious that FROM THE SAME GENRE, on the same fucking console gen, splinter cell 3 annihilated MGS3 in stealth, shooting and technology but it didnt pander to anime consuming children so only a few OG's still play it on PC, just like thief

You're actually fucking braindead. You're saying the Fukushima-less games, MGS4 and MGS5 are shit. Yet the same metrics for you saying Ghost Babel is good, an IGN 10/10 review and 94% google user reviews can be used for the other two. MGS4 and MGS5 both got 10/10 for IGN and MGS5 has a 94% user score on google and MGS4 has a 95% user score of google. So by your OWN logic, MGS4 and MGS5 are well-written and well liked. BTFO.

for starters the gunplay is so shit that i rather go play Moorhuhn? enemy AI being so fucked up its comical. could go and on but with such shitty mechanics you could hardly be immersed in anything other than laying on the ground and hugging a rock while scoping an enemy outpost..

Speaking of Max Payne, I'm going to highjack this for a second, I have a vague memory of some online stick figure flash game that was somehow connected to Max Payne. Does anyone know what I am thinking of?

lol cope

you probably mean old flash games. bullet time made it popular

Those aren't arguments. Why is the gunplay shit, what exactly is so fucked about the AI? Im sure you could go on and on pulling stuff out of your butt with the amount of shit you doubtlessly shove up there

Yeah, but there was one very specific one almost exactly paralleling Max Payne.

>Splinter Cell
rofl imagine actually liking this derivative Ubishit Cowadooty-tier series. What boring fucking taste.

The fuck are you guys talking about? Nowhere was it implied that it's getting delayed.

thanks for confirming that you were born after the year 2000. For the record, call of duty also used to be one of the good singleplayer FPS games at least until the second game, maybe third

Not him but Fox Engine did have a director who joined Cygames and is directing his own game now. Looks good.

>says the Ubishitter

lmao

What's it called?

Just because you were still watching cartoons and playing with your own shit when ghost recon and splinter cell were good doesnt mean it never happened. Metal gear solid is literally the ubishit/ fortnite of "stealth" games so its actually fucking hilariously retardedly ironic that youre pulling both cards in defense of it

>Ever liking Call of Duty
Jesus Christ, people like you should never have come here.

hehe.. ok mate boot up the game, equip m4 wannabe and hold down the button till you empty the mag. AI is pathetic even by FEARs advanced wannabe AI standards.

it was on Mobogames or something as far as i remember. cca 15+ years ago. game had more gunplay than MGSV

Project Awakening
youtube.com/watch?v=Q970MFqoDN4

people like you are what make Yea Forums shit nowadays please kill yourself

lol mad

Spoken like a true retard

Oh that game. Thought that was Platinum for some reason. Cool. I'll keep a better eye on it.

>cygames
so he's going to work on ZOE3? nice!

I like to keep my demon score in check lmao. MGSV isn't the same type of shooter as FEAR.

we are talking about AI mate and if you were old enough you would know that FEARs AI was glorified eventho it was bad. Dont get me wrong FEAR was a good game.

>delayed!
>doesn't say anywhere that it is delayed
>Kojima a shit hence delayed!

Why even bother with a screenshot at this point?

Attached: 1507777975102.jpg (720x505, 52K)

Yes but you still have no actual measure of what a good AI actually is. The game was designed so that it would be easier to mow down mooks compared to a linear corridor shooter like FEAR, but that doesn't mean the AI is bad.

thing with FEARs AI was that it was glorified was the second coming of Jesus. Same way Crysis was viewed bout its graphics at the time. Difference being that FEARs AI was utterly bugged in the end and it did not deliver. Still FEAR has better AI than MGS. Decade apart. MGS AI as far as im concerned is closer to wack a mole than to any other shooter..

>tfw poorfag and this frees my money up a bit
Feels good.

Attached: 1472426304428.png (391x399, 105K)

You still have no actual metric by which you are saying it's better. And MGSV isn't a straight up shooter either.

>that description
Is Kojima the Peter Molyneux of weebs?

And MGSV failed at both aspects, why this crap would be any different...it looks like another mod of that game like that shit Konami pull out..Survive? or some shit like that.

Bad news user. OP is lying for (you)s. Game isn't delayed.

if you are a poorfag you PIRATE
fucking retarded faggot

For the second fucking time the pic was just meant to show that the game is well-liked that’s it’s only purpose, obviously 4 and 5 are well liked or autists like you wouldn’t waste time doing this shit, I never denied that. I never said the score had any connection to the game being well-written, just considered as such, a generalization of opinions. I knew there would be some faggot, would miss the point and harp over the fact that IGN was the pic.
Ask yourself if MGS4 and 5 were well written. If you answered yes you’re a retard.
I had told you your argument was pointless because you went nowhere with it, spastic numbskull.

You are actually fucking spasticated beyond belief. Let me break this down for you you mouth breather.
>you said MGS4 and MGS5 were shit because fukushima wasn't involved.
>you posted MGS:GB are proof as to why fukushima is a good writer.
>an user chimes in and says MGS:GB is poorly written
>you use IGN and google user review scores as proof for why MGS:GB is good
>same IGN scores and google review scores that MGS4 and MGS5 got
So if an user says MGS4 and MGS5 are good as uses IGN and google review scores to back them up you say
>Ask yourself if MGS4 and 5 were well written. If you answered yes you’re a retard.
And yet the same logic works for MGS:GB??
You're a fucking reeeeeeetard.

sure thing discord tranny

>downvoted
go back

it's pretty obvious you didn't know that mgs4 and 5 had the same ign and google scores as ghost babel. you got played son. don't fall for eceleb shit and stupid Yea Forums infographics next time.

P-p-pynchon?
Anyone whose read it, how was Bleeding Edge?

You must not have oxygen reaching your brain. How many times do I have to repeat myself? I wasn’t going to spoonfeed that faggot just because he think everyone that disagrees with him is governed by an eceleb. I wasn’t going to bother looking up actual reviews and player comments about the story when the IGN review is easier to grab. You can obsess over IGN all you want I already told you it isn’t the be all end all but you’re too fucking dumb to get that. Thinking 4 and 5 are well written is a choice you make for yourself, separate from IGN, also wrong.

Why didn't you just say what you liked about Ghost Babel and what made it good as arguments for why it's good?

Did not read the part about how I took the pic to make it easier? I didn’t expect or want to write paragraphs to get through to anyone on what seemed like a shitty thread.

calling it now, he will downgrade the graphics and then everyone will pretend he didn't

btw Im gay

>YFW this game footage is all a ruse like what happened with moby dick fiasco and Metal Gear X for the Xbox
>YFW the footage we've seen is all bullshit and this game is a sequel to MGSV called MGS5 (V, not 5)
It's a ruse
Kojima Productions Co LTD is an llc whose owners and funding isn't known
Kojima as director has no legal responsibility
It's a fucking ruse

You bought up google user reviews score after being called out on the IGN thing and got BTFO again because 5 and 4 have the same and superior scores respectively. Stop digging this hole deeper.

Remember when Kojima got triggered last year for fans saying he isn't doing jack shit and instead eating and traveling? That was pretty funny, imagine if this game gets delayed again

I brought that up because he was complaining about IGN, and figured user reviews would quell the tard rage, but if that worked you wouldn’t be posting. In the post that mentioned the user reviews I said that it would serve the same purpose as bringing up the IGN reviews. Too spell it out for you this means you can take what I said about IGN and replace it with User Reviews, it was just to show that GB was well liked, nothing more, nothing less. If you’re going to bother reading what’s been posted, just quit it.

mate there is no metric per se other than objectivly anything related to AI in FPS you will find out that FEAR is on top 3 if not top. MGS at best is a stealth game with lots of mini games and a semi good plot which is fucked with all the riddled shit and holes. I find it hard to understand how people for example find Afghan map in MGSV as fun? walking simulator, you can wipe whole compound with one mag if you have rambo mentality, gunplay is non present like shooting a bb gun, mother base is a glorified mini game and everything related to gathering resources for it is just a facade for how empty the world really is.

he could sell shit to them and they would view it as a piece of art just because it came out of his ass.. sad.

I don't care because I'm not wasting this game on a ps4, I'm waiting to play it on ps5. You guys will be nice and won't spoil anything right ?

What if I like MGSV but still think kojimmy is a hack?

Attached: 1564253489817.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Based

Then come up with a more convincing argument than "I hate it so it sucks!" lmao

bait right? i wrote few examples why i find it mediocre at best. even with fps aside it is hardly a good stealth game compared to splinter cell or thief or even dishonored which i find more engaging. even pic related has more stealth than MGSV. it has a good cult following with a hack fronting as an artist but compared to its peers it is mediocre at best. like said before lets not even touch the plot behind MGS

Attached: 1111.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

No not bait, that's literally your (non)argument.

Your examples aren't very logical (FOB is more than a minigame for example) and all fall back on "it doesn't do it how I like so it's bad". Wiping bases for example tanks your demon score and ruins your camo.

I thought it was konamis fault that this guy wasted 8 years and eighty million dollars though and released a half assed unfinished game?

>crunch time
why would anyone agree to work for more than 36 hours a week?
no wonder i can't get a job

Attached: 1464933060220.png (700x700, 362K)

I like it too. But that has nothing to do with it being unfinished or him HOLLYWOODING instead of making the game

>playing it at all
Why? Its not going to be good. And even if its decent, you will just waist 60$ on it and never touch it again. There is literally no point unless you rent it somewhere for 7$ and beat it in a day and bring it back

lets flip this around. You find MGSV AI good? Do you find the UI riddled with all the shit good for newbie or even someone seasoned? Is the world alive by your standards? Everywhere you want to go you are funneled by terrain eventho the world should be sandbox open. Motherbase in a way doesnt force you to engage in all the mini games? Justify how any of the mentioned makes game engaging or interesting or even better justify how this piece of shit game is worth 9/10 or even 10/10 by someones standards.

it's very rare for movies to get delayed

Literally nobody has said that. We've said that it's konami's fault for knowing he does that and not having a system in place to stop him from doing that, then pretending to be surprised when he does that and firing him for it.

Kek

Well, you're on Yea Forums

>game gets delayed
>"oh well better to delay it so it works"
>game comes out 6 months late and is still full of bugs and runs poorly
>"oh it's okay it'll get patched"

This.

Based Kojima dabbing on brainlets, you'll repent from your words and deeds.

lets go further for the sake of argument. is tutorial good? arent your forced to tranq more than 3/4 of stuff for the sake of optimization? did you find conclusion in unfinished game? did you find gameplay diffficult? Mate ffs the whole mission system is facebook mini game ala WoW garrison and that system relies heavly on whole mother base, optimizations etc. meaning almost everything.

When will you fags admit he is a hack? He is the one to blame for mgs v. Konami did the right thing getting rid of him.

OK so what makes one independent?

and lets not talk about that created by hideo kojima forced to you in almost every cutscene. that hacks infalted ego is showing ingame and frankly its the only game where ive seen someone promote himself as hard as that hack tried. game is even more repetative than first Assassins Creed..

lol cope.

lol mega cope

Attached: mega-milk-titty-monster-meme.jpg (1920x1020, 369K)

>arent your forced to tranq more than 3/4 of stuff for the sake of optimization

literally wrong. Yet again a shitter who dumps on the game because he didn't take the time to learn how to play it usually because of "muh headcanon". Puh-thetic.

kek. enjoy your unfinished game and the soon to be delayed another walking simulator by hideo kojima.

so yeah how about that gameplay huh

man oh man i can't wait to talk about gameplay instead of celebrities. this is a video game not a movie for sure so it must have an deep and intricate gameplay mechanics, right

just because it has cut content doesn't mean it's unfinished.

not every game need gameplay.

did you get to conclusion after you finished the game? could you link it all up seeing that it was the last MSG?

I don't mind people taking all the time they need to make sure everything is good, I just don't think they should announce release dates until they're 100% sure it's going to release on that date.

Death Stranding threads in a nutshell

Attached: death stranding threads in a nutshell.png (554x625, 405K)

It's basically just a remix of the themes of the series while taking Big Boss' story line right up to Outer Haven so it is pretty easy to link up...

Prove me wrong

mate i understand that all the kojima fanboys on Yea Forums know MGS plot even tho its riddled with plot holes. i meant more in a sense that if a normal person who plays on weekends would understand MGS plot.

You wouldn't understand all of the plot but that's not a fault of the game. It also stands on its own like any MGS game.

Attached: 1414017057614.gif (390x260, 1.62M)

no, since they are helping them develop the decima, if needed so yeah they got the engine for free, the future modifications to it are not really as a payment

oki and with that given do you think a game with problems like that since lets be frank MGS has problems with plot holes does it deserve 9/10 or even 10/10? seeing that it was bundled with PS4 and it was a commercial success to some extent.

Read my post again, it's not a fault of the game.

how is it not fault of the game if its supposed to be linked to everything eventho in wierd chronological order and it being a last game to explain it all? gameplay wise its even worse if you aint a fan of the lore.

neat

Attached: 1544684304068.png (815x256, 43K)

biggest irony being that they called me delusional before the first post in pic droped the gem. kojimbos fanboys nuff said. would buy his shit and view it as an art because it came out of his ass.