The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time.

No, it isn't overrated. No, it isn't nostalgia. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy. It's a 10/10 game, memorable and timeless. Deal with it.

Attached: TLOZ_Ocarina_of_Time_logo.png (1579x1571, 1.3M)

Well I didn’t liked it, take that OP

Attached: 29220C9A-E5AE-44BC-9152-352FB55FD429.jpg (600x452, 216K)

Based and sneedpilled

metroid prime is better
a link to the past is better
super metroid is better than both/spoiler]

>Aim and move are on the same stick
>You can't move and shoot
>"Metroid Prime is better"
Fuck off moron

Attached: 1467594144124.jpg (620x526, 173K)

metroid prime literally uses the same targeting system as oot retard

No it does. It's slow, clunky and an ass backwards way to control an FPS.

>metroid prime literally uses the same targeting system as oot retard
Which is utterly retarded, because OoT is not an FPS.

>Samus, supposedly an agile bounty hunter, moves like a senior citizen who just got released from the hip replacement ward. She is slower than a generic FPS protagonist. This is especially egregious since the game has a ton of backtracking
>tank controls, can't even strafe freely, can't even look up and down while moving, absurdly low FOV. What is up with these weird limitations?
>you don't even have to aim because of lock-on (thus completely negating the advantage of going with a first-person perspective, so why did they even choose it?)
>bosses are boring HP sponges that barely even move and are basically stationary and boil down to 'scan for weak spot and wait for boss to open their sphincter to reveal their weak spot. After a few shots, they closes their sphincter and periodically opens it again, allowing you to get a few more shots in. Rinse and repeat about a billion times'.
>they prioritized graphics over gameplay, so the exploration is constantly broken up with corridors that are disguised loading screens, which also makes the level design feel very artificial
>instead of building to a proper climax, last stretch of game is literally one giant fetch quest
>instead of letting you explore and examine things yourself (which the first-person perspective is ideally suited for), you have a scanner that spoonfeeds you everything rather than letting you discover things for yourself
>third-person transitions like the morph ball transformation are too long and constantly interrupt the flow of gameplay
>does a bad job of immersing the players with constantimmersion-breaking third person cutscenes of Samus riding an elevator or doing some other pointless shit (again, why even use first-person then?)

Metroid Prime is a prime example (no pun intended) of how NOT to translate a 2d game into 3d.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

the combat system is nearly the same as oot except with guns instead of swords. you lock on, you attack, you side hop to dodge, you kill the enemy. that's all the depth both games have.
the combat in both games is also secondary to the exploration, puzzle solving and worldbuilding which are 100x better in metroid prime

Ocarina is the Zelda game you play to figure out what you want from a Zelda game. You beat it and you say "Ocarina was good, but...

>...I wish there were more sidequests, harder dungeons and a stronger focus on character interaction" and play Majora's Mask
>...I'm a furry and have a fetish for being dominated, and want a game that caters to my sexual kinks" and play Twilight Princess
>...I'm a drooling moron and need the game to hold my hand all the time" and play Skyward Sword

Et cetera.

>I am a distinguished individual with highly refined tastes and I play Wind Waker

I was gonna make a crack about the artstyle, but A: it's been done, B: underneath the artstyle there's a lot of dark and messed up shit, Earth Temple says "SUP", and C: IT'S BEEN DONE.

>I wanted a more stylized world, the more subtly bleak atmosphere a dead ocean post-apocalypse provides, some decent character arc writing, and the need to vent some mild pedophilic urges - play Wind Waker
>I want the burgeoning start of crafting mechanics in my Zelda game and prefer novel controls over deeper storytelling - play Phantom Hourglass
>I want the dungeons spread out, the game more open-ended, and the ability to dress Link in things other than the old green tunic like girl's clothes and an OP pajama shirt - play Breath of the Wild
>I want to play Link to the Past again and don't want to install a randomizer, and also have a lowkey fetish for corrupted princesses - play Link Between Worlds
Yes, I recommend Twilight Princess to my furry masochist friends, and they like it.

I wouldn't call the Great Sea "bleak". I'd call it hopeful. I don't know about you, but sailing the ocean in WW fills me with a euphoria not many other things can.
The bleakness comes once you find sunken Hyrule.

Fully agreed

Attached: 398CB3AB-4919-40E2-914D-200C010BC299.jpg (753x1024, 79K)

Pretty much every single Indie Metroidvania blows Super Metroid out of the water.

Super Metroid is a floaty, poorly designed, easily broken piece of shit.

Metroid Prime on the Wii with pointer controls was THE SHIT. On the DS not so much.

On the contrary, Super Metroid is one of the best metroidvanias out there, and the rewarding momentum-based physics are part of the reason why. You sound like the kind of person who prefers boostshit to classic sonic.

OoT is literally a 3D LttP

nice bait

>>Samus, supposedly an agile bounty hunter, moves like a senior citizen who just got released from the hip replacement ward.
Link in OoT is similarly downgraded.
>This is especially egregious since the game has a ton of backtracking
The level design and your powerups make backtracking way faster once suitably upgraded.
>>they prioritized graphics over gameplay, so the exploration is constantly broken up with corridors that are disguised loading screens, which also makes the level design feel very artificial
It has the same structure as every Metroid game before it, complaining that a maze feels "more artificial" than an open world is retarded.
>instead of building to a proper climax, last stretch of game is literally one giant fetch quest
The artifact _is_ the climax. It's the part of the game where all of your exploration pays off, because fully powered samus blazes through older areas of the game effortlessly. You can do a complete lap around the planet in 15 minutes or 20 if you're stopping to get the artifacts on the way.
To be able to go through the entire game world without any speed bumps or diversions is the way the game conveys to you the difference in abilities between early game samus and endgame samus, it's the main reason you'd want to play any metroidvania.
>instead of letting you explore and examine things yourself (which the first-person perspective is ideally suited for), you have a scanner that spoonfeeds you everything rather than letting you discover things for yourself
You were just complaining about the fact that the game prioritizes graphical detail too much, but okay. Which Zelda game has more detailed environments?

The only thing that matters in metroidvanias is exploration and attmosphere, and SM+SOTN are still kings. Even everyone's precious hollow knight wasn't hard bar path of pain

No, mechanics and world design are important to a metroidvania too.
But if you think Super Metroid is bad in either of these respects then you're either not a fan of this genre or you need to get some taste.

2D Zelda is trash though

Not when Majora's Mask, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess exist.

>No, it isn't nostalgia.

Yes, it is. 100%.

it's a 10/10 game and pretty memorable and aged better than a lot of other 10/10 games.

However how can it be the best game of all time when it was not even the best game on the N64?

Nah, like almost every N64/PS1 game it's aged badly
>no, it isn't nostalgia
Who do you think you're fooling?

Attached: 1511909408533.jpg (691x680, 124K)