ITT: post good character design

Attached: mario-evolution-545676543.png (700x1050, 840K)

Ak-47

Where did his soul go ?

Attached: 5756854.png (612x900, 309K)

Attached: ryu.png (220x435, 114K)

>bing bing wahoo
>good design
no

Anyone who says "bing bing wahoo" is underage.

You start

I'm 27 y/o and I approve that user's bing bing wahoo. Mario's design might have been considered good in the first game, where every pixel and design choice were made to make him recognizable and humanoid. He looks like shit in later iterations, and now that he's 3D he looks even worse. The last game putting him next to actual human beings puts his hideous design in the spotlight.

>I'm 27 y/o
That's sad lmao

Enjoy your ban.

Can I be fucked by him?

Attached: _showcase__ryu__c3____sexy_knickers_by_dantesdt_dd6dlms-pre.jpg (1192x670, 109K)

Literally any character that was created prior the 2000s and still has the same core design

I wonder how should mario look like according to you.

This is peak video game character design and no one can convince me otherwise

Attached: gote (3).jpg (917x1184, 200K)

i mean
he cute

Kemoshotas usually are

Attached: Asriel (8).gif (800x600, 241K)

Is any character design really "bad"? There are thousands of different approachs to them, and they always seem to get the attention of specific tastes. Simple, complex, overly simple, over design, there's always going to be a massive number of people who will appreciate them, so why bother?

what a stupid thing to say desu
why talk about anything at all then? there are always people who like any old garbage. discussing what makes a design good or bad is part of building one's own philosophy and worldview. it is essential to human development

yes,
basically you said "there's always that one fag that likes it" and it's not wrong but good designs stick more and are appealing to a way higher amount of people

>Is any character design really "bad"?
Yes, a character design is bad when it is visually dissonant or doesn't match up with what the character represents.

Attached: file.png (800x819, 664K)

Attached: 1537200303381.jpg (480x539, 53K)

That Wonder Woman looks pretty rad

flash is a nigger...

look he’s a nigger...

>Is any character design really "bad"?
Pic related. And a bunch of other shit from his game.

Attached: 0BA08E88-5A90-4D67-95E8-75627C127C09.png (643x669, 321K)

for me, a shit character design is one without any sense of cohesion or focus, weak shape language, one that's just shittily drawn, or one with a retarded idea behind it. "overdesign" implies that most of what you're looking at on the design is useless visual clutter that doesn't serve it in any way, so yeah, that's bad too.

i hope this thread doesn't get filled with some actual bad design from people trying to prove you wrong.

Attached: Nooj.jpg (780x1200, 122K)

I mean, he's pretty fast

Admittedly it's an interesting design visually, but Diana is meant to be someone with a great amount of empathy and unselfish love. Making her a statue is putting a lot of focus on the pseudo Grecian aspects of her origin and doesn't mesh well with her personality. You could still give her that personality with the statue form, but then a part of her character will inevitably have to address the dissonance of a character made of stone being so warm and caring. It brings a lot of detrimental complications to her just to say "Hey this bitch is Greek", which can be said easily enough with just her costume.

Attached: midna___hyrule_warriors__render__by_midna0kildea-d7lu8c4.png (894x894, 391K)

Attached: MMGB5-Terra-Art.jpg (360x450, 38K)

>the one that runs fast is black
>cyborg, a former athlete, is a basedboy numale bitch instead of some big hood nigga
>green lantern projects things from her tits

literally everyone in hollow knight.

I'm 30, married with a kid, and fuck off, nigger.

He would look fine if it weren't for the pants

Within you.

could be better

Attached: TerraGigamix.jpg (646x764, 127K)

do you talk about little kids games whenever your wife's bf is in the bedroom with her or just in general?

>"overdesign" implies that most of what you're looking at on the design is useless visual clutter that doesn't serve it in any way, so yeah, that's bad too.
Digimon and Megaten demons suffer from this a lot but I can't convince myself to think they're bad designs. Is there something wrong with me?

Attached: Ladydevimon X.jpg (720x1140, 126K)

>a statue
lol I didn't even notice that's what she's supposed to be. I thought the artist just got lazy and didn't color her

>hideous design
user what the fuck. Like it's a fictional character my guy. I don't understand how people legitimately think that fictional character designs look "bad". Unappealing, sure. But definitely bad? Even "hideous"?

Attached: 1467437991152.png (319x299, 60K)

Attached: super_mario_bros_super_show.0.jpg (1200x800, 89K)

Why did he give Martian Manhunter such long sleeves? lol

Canon Wonder Woman is literally a marble statue that was granted life

not the first redesign toying with that concept

Attached: 4L_oAQaLg0q.jpg (600x918, 197K)

>Canon Wonder Woman is literally a marble statue that was granted life
Are you fucking serious with this? This was never addressed in any of the cartoons I've watched

Yes, probably.

The cooler one
Also, he reminds me of bass, i dont know why

Uh-oh, Mario didn't like that. He's not angry with you, just disappointed.

Attached: cdb.png (249x290, 88K)

Somehow they took the NSMB design and made it even more soulless
That takes fucking skill, almost soulful in its own way

His Master Driver outfit is pretty cool though.

Attached: d1huzv6dvyn11.jpg (2400x1920, 423K)

iirc she was a statue that zeus brought to life

This is the best design of Mario and Luigi

Attached: 1564665902082.jpg (920x632, 91K)

It would look a million times better if not for the fucking hole on his crotch. Why do they insist on doing this?

This

Seriously, he wears skintight clothing and not one scene with a random girl grabbing his ass?

His Garou and KoF14 designs are fine, but they don't hold a candle to his classic design. It's such a nice balance and distribution/blocking of colors.

Attached: kisspng-terry-bogard-andy-bogard-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-the-king-of-fighter-5b1236bff2d975.0327971 (900x900, 151K)

Cool and exaggerated =/= good. It just comes down to taste

Attached: 29BFD5BC-C736-4D78-828A-36A9A91AA6AD.png (275x277, 75K)

Attached: 1562330613072.png (467x264, 38K)

I've always disliked Mario's design, his mustache and the hair on his head being different colors really irks me.

it's entirely subjective. digimon are mostly miss with the occasional hit for me personally and that image is just a clusterfuck. also, most SMT demon designs are actually pretty stripped down and focused when you look at it, which is why i think some of them work so well.

>wojack
Literally no worse designs

Christ those GCN/Wii era renders were pure shit. 64 era was peak 3D Mario, the proportions and face design were just perfect.

Attached: Mario_Walking_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_64.png (672x1068, 766K)

How is Rex's pants(?) supposed to even work

Sonic before he overgrew his limbs in modern

Sups looks very dopey here.

That's terible art style not bad design.

> scum

Attached: umc3vergil.jpg (1600x1600, 210K)

>muh realism
If your example is comparing him to real humans, you're not only a child, you know fuck all about character design

I wish they stuck with crazy eyes Wario

Attached: 89A4EBEB-F1C4-4707-9E53-021C3544CF4F.png (350x339, 229K)

>retards and children are unable to grasp anything stylized or cartoony
Oh my holy fuck, is this why people watch the Disney remakes?