So why is Minecraft good but Fornite bad?

So why is Minecraft good but Fornite bad?

Attached: 2b74is1kipd31.jpg (960x720, 46K)

In Minecraft you can call people niggers and NOBODY can stop you from hosting a server for you and your bros.
In Fortnite you can't do that.
Minecraft is far more moddable.

>game x is better than game y because i can yell slurs i'll get grounded for saying irl
lol

It's pretty simple: the children who used to play minecraft have grown up, and now it is "nostalgic" and cool.

The same thing has happened with many games.

This happened with CoD

This happened with Halo

This happened with Runescape

All were cringy kid games, and they still are. It's just that the snot-nosed retards who played them grew up and now dictate online culture

It will happen with Fortnite as well by the way. In roughly 2024, Fortnite will be nostalgic and cool, while the new hip thing will be cringy kid stuff

Tpbp

Fortnite's an alright game with an abysmal fanbase.
Minecraft's a good game with an abysmal fanbase.
Fortnite's not bad, it's just become an issue.

Fortnite being popular made it cool to like Minecraft again. Now that really little kids have moved on to fortnite and people who grew up when minecraft first came out are getting nostalgic for it the community of minecraft has reformed

Based post

It is a good point anyway. Unironically Minecraft won't treat you like a children.
You cannot host your own Fortnite server, and the whole game is full of microtransaction shit.
In Minecraft, you buy the game and then you can play it as much as you want. No other payments unless you want to pay for a realm.

Can't wait until faggots on Yea Forums start calling for Fortnite pre-season 20 classic and calling it "the good old days"

>minecraft good because i can say naughty words like a big boy!
You claim the game doesn't treat you like a child, but you sure do behave like one.

This guy seems to be based.

Because fortnite is a walking simulator.

>This happened with CoD
>This happened with Halo

That has not happened, stop lying.

I've probably played thousands of hours of Minecraft and related mods over the years, if you're getting into it now it's for the flavour of the month appeal.

Remember mordhau?

In essence, the main issues are PvE coop vs PvP.
Minecraft is a game with the possibility for creativity and unique experiences. The sky is the limit for what you can do and build, and the game is centered around creating and discovering. Build complex structures with dozens of block types with your friends.
Fortnite, on the other hand, is yet another violent shooter game with nothing to offer besides destruction and death. All resources are used for killing, and the building is incredibly shallow. Just spam build one of the three building materials as you fight other players, accomplishing nothing, learning nothing.
The sandbox is timeless. There are only so many ways to shoot people.

Nigga, it's because $26 spent on Minecraft will get you a good bit more value than $26 in fortshite.

>Unironically Minecraft won't treat you like a children.
Wrong. Newer versions literally tell you how to fucking move around and how to punch trees - crafting just straight up gives you a recipe book and trivializes the fun in trying to figure out what you could make in the previous versions

But you considered not being banned for saying naughty words as a positive. The first positive, in fact.
I bet you had a rush when you got to say your first f-word, too.

Attached: f word.jpg (900x506, 49K)

You must be as proud of yourself as the first time you stopped using training potties, good job!

Old good
New bad

because 12yos from 7 years back grew up

>the fun in trying to figure out what you could make
You mean opening the wiki page to look at the recipes?
Older versions always relied on Just Enough Items or similar mods for recipe research. They just finally bothered to incorporate that into the base game without even making it overpowered. You can only see recipes for items you have discovered all the materials to make, so you still have to find all the pieces, which is the interesting part, not staring at a 3x3 grid placing items randomly wondering what might come out.
By that logic you'd be in for far more disappointment as you realize logical recipes in minecraft are missing like vertical slabs, chairs, tools that weren't included such as spears, wires, hammers, curtains/blinds, shutters or trapdoors that can open sideways, etc.

cod is a copypasted medal of honor AA
halo is a shitty console half life

This but VERY unironic.

What ever happened to Kevjumba?

I'm not the same guy, fucking moron.

You agreed with them, though, so it doesn't matter if you're the same guy or not. dummy.

Attached: Yakko2.jpg (399x399, 24K)

The only thing I said is that MC is better than fortshite. That's it. What next, going to call me Hitler since he drank water?

>It is a good point anyway. Unironically Minecraft won't treat you like a children.
You said that to my reply to the big boy who likes fortnite because he can say words that mommy won't allow him to say.

>who likes fortnite
Meant minecraft, but w/e.

Fortnite needs to have a bad 9 month stretch to teach Tim Sweeney a little fucking humility. After that I don’t care.

Are you kidding? I've seen tons of Halo nostalgia threads right here on Yea Forums

Can't claim to see those all the time, or to even open them, but aren't those sarcastic?
Halo is generally ridiculed every time it's brought up.

CoD never became cool again. It went to shit with Ghosts and never came close to touching the high of past games since, mostly due to activision forcing the devs to ALWAYS shove tons of lootbox shit into the games. had it just stopped at cosmetics like black ops 3 was initially doing, all would've been fine but then they started doing actual new guns u HAD to submit to rngesus in order to maybe get.

most of the halo hype these days comes from PC elitists who never got to play 3, ODST, or Reach until now because the mcc finally coming to pc.

It went to shit way long before ghost you fucking zoomer faggot

This. Basically as soon as they stepped out of the WWII setting they became obsessed with multiplayer, cosmetics, and obscene amounts of grinding to unlock things like skins and weapon attachments. I was amazed to find that not only are they rebooting CoD 4, but that people actually liked it.

it unironically is
if you dont want more freedom and control over your product as a consumer then you're a complete and utter faggot
being able to call people a nigger is the gold standard because thats typically the tipping point for most rules-friendly feelings-safe faggots who have made the internet shit

One is a game which allows kids to be creative, build whatever the fuck they want, teaches them what server browsing is, teaches them how to host their own server, how to mod, how to edit config files, how to think for yourself.

Other game is just streamlined shoot people and use microtransactions to look "unique". It is normalizing censorship, snitching and brainlessly consume products without a single thought. Heck it doesnt even promote teambuilding because majority of players play single mode. Its extremly soulless game. At least in counterstrike kids are taught that teamplay is very useful.

The difference between these two couldnt be any bigger even if the authors wanted it.

You arent exactly wrong, but OP didnt ask why current /v considers minecraft cool.

Attached: latest-1.png (678x874, 292K)