Nintendo Switch Game Trials

Nintendo has started a service called Game Trials where they give Nintendo Switch Online members free games for download for a limited time. In Japan, the first one is going to be Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, in Europe, it'll be Mario Tennis Aces, available from August 7th to August 13th: twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1156846881437302789

No word on America yet.

Attached: switch.jpg (1440x810, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1156847329972039680
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is "limited time"? 3 days? A week? A month? Because if it's anything shorter than a week it's a dead service on arrival.

>From 07/08 - 13/08, #NintendoSwitchOnline members can download and play #MarioTennis Aces for free with Game Trials!
I assume they mean the game will be playable until the 13th, so a week.

Alright I guess a week is good. But if they're just giving out 1st party Nintendo games, no one would care, either.
Hopefully 3rd party games that people wanted to try but have no demos will be part of the service as well.

The time for download is limited or the time for playing? so like a rental?

Also: twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1156847329972039680
The game will be at a discount for one more week after the trial period so people who play it might then decide to buy it. Of course in Aces' case, it's extremely easy to experience all the single player content in that one week, so the main draw to keep coming back and buy it would be the online. I suppose that's the reason why they chose that over Captain Toad like in Japan, since you can just complete Captain Toad in a week and be done with it entirely without needing to buy it.

From the way it's worded, it's a rental. I doubt Nintendo will start to give out games that are still sold at full price.

>The game will be at a discount for one more week after the trial period
Huh. This is not bad, actually.
I mean, it’s not going to be much, but it’s still nice.

Doesn’t Captain Toad have a demo, though? Japs are literally just getting a free game.

Big brain boy here, what’s stopping me from setting my region to Japan and getting free games?

Yourself

So it's pretty much like Steam's free weekend where the game is also discounted.
Not too bad, I guess. Still not as good as the competition where you keep the games, however.

Would be kickass if the discount was based on how many hours you put into the game during the trial period

Can you do that during a NSO subscription?

I think NSO subscriptions are separate between accounts, or at least different-region ones. Might be wrong though.

Yes, I do it all the time to save money.

It’s 33% according to their twitter, not bad

Steam usually does three days on the weekend.

Because Nintendo doesn’t care about America, as shown in the past with terranigma, xenoblade and now this.

Lmao enjoy your third world country, losers

So about a $20 discount. Definitely nice to have for games I'm iffy on buying for full price.

So is it monthly, couple of times a year, whenever they feel like it, or what?

I think it's just a little early, hopefully Nintendo of America tweets it out soon.

Yeah, but you don't have to pay for online on PC to get the offer. And it's also on the weekend where you can finish the game easily unless you have a shit internet where half of the time is spent downloading the thing.

>it’s on the weekend
Yeah, and this is on the weekend and 5 additional days, meaning it’s better.

Retard

Bump.