You're morons if you don't downscale your games

Original: mega.nz/#!t0EmVILZ!VRCU9tHI5x30sC4Bzp4vy7ETGzCfmUhrJkd0xkmtlvo

Attached: export.png (1536x864, 3.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Yl91FYIY!Qs-v2WFM6S17X3ksI-8qTydAVZPcPTqY07wLQb3wKMQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want to show the effects of downscaling, you should resize the huge-ass image to show everyone what you see on your own screen. A big image will only show the jagged lines and ugly textures.

And it's nothing more than anti-aliasing without blur.

I already scaled it down for the OP pic, thank you.
>anti-aliasing without blur
Er, no. SSAA comes close but downsampling is a superset. You can choose your own methods to tune performance and quality.

>I already scaled it down for the OP pic, thank you.
Did you use MS paint? Because it looks like ass. You need to downscale using the proper method in photoshop to recreate what your monitor/gpu does.

I used nearest-neighbour interpolation because it's the sharpest. Linear, bilinear, and cubic looked like ass and Lo/NoHalo is blurry. This looks closest to the sharpness if you set it at exactly your monitors resolution and fullscreen it. Remember to turn off your photo viewer's automatic smoothing.

Attached: export720p.png (1280x720, 3.52M)

It's full of jagged edges. It's not supposed to look like that. Use bicubic

Working on it. Can you show me your edit.

I don't have photoshop installed atm. I made crysis bullshots back in 2013. Downscaled from 4k to 720p using photoshop. Unfortunately, Minus (image hosting website) was shut down and I lost all the screenshots.

Oh, and don't rescale in one go. Do multiple smaller rescales. The approximation algorithm works better that way,

Fucking same. I found this 2012 screen deep in my mega.
This is the best result out of nearest neighbour, linear, bilinear, cubic, no/lo halo.

Attached: screenshotCubic.png (1280x720, 3.52M)

>Saving a photographic-type image as png
You massive donut what the fuck are you doing

>implying he should save low quality images

Works better than jpg. What would you do nigger?

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to look.

Enjoy your 1 fps bro

>muh photo realism
>In a game where all the weapons are mirrored and the models look like ass

Yikes

Lol try sniping from behind a bush or tall gras, you won't see jack shit. Same for war thunder/world of tanks.

Downscaling is fun. Playing Bayonetta without jaggies is a godsend after Wii U version.

holy shit STALKER without jaggies? How

does he mean downsample? because I'm not playing games in 480p

it is also blurred to hell
probably post process AA like TAA

Tsk anonbe its the Cubic downsampling. You can select Lanczos filtering if you want.
Downsampling, meaning you render the entire game scene in a higher resolution, then downsample it to your monitor's native resolution and send it to her.
Modern GPU drivers have this feature built-in or you can use something like GeDoSaTo but you need to configure it. Bicubic should generally be good enough. Nearest neighbour (aka None) if you're nostalgic. Lanczos if you have a baller ass GPU.
mega.nz/#!Yl91FYIY!Qs-v2WFM6S17X3ksI-8qTydAVZPcPTqY07wLQb3wKMQ
Open each image in your browser and press F11 to make sure they're not being scaled more.

Afraid a bit of compression is going to ruin your extremely high resolution rendition of the beginning area of a game that never was intended to be played like that ?
Videogames being a work of art can be argued but taking a screenshot definitely isn't.

What's the point of wasting processing power then just smudging it to make it look worse than the original low res pic?!
>intended
Uh oh. My PC, my intention. Though I digress, the developers used pentium 4s and old ATi's, evidenced by the heavily single core engine and low GPU usage with low FPS. Insane.

STALKER has no TAA user........ it's a 18 year old game.

force MSAA through Nvidia control panel.
Yes, it works if you're on DX11 hardware, which should be EVERYONE by now.
Alternatively, inject SMAA. It's the only post-process AA that doesn't totally rape the image quality.

MSAA is trash, don't use it. Looks and performs worse than a customized SMAA.
Get ReShade (look up videos how to use it) and smack SMAA to the max and add pyramid sharpening.
Or if you want legitimate AA that adds quality instead of "fixing" the image, use supersampling (SSAA). Don't use edge detect.