About 10 hours in and its easily in my top 10 of all time

about 10 hours in and its easily in my top 10 of all time

Why the fuck does Yea Forums hate this game?

Also is it worth playng Skyward Sword after, I havent touched the series since Twilight Princess

Attached: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (1200x630, 238K)

Skyward Sword is pretty similar to Twilight Princess, it's really nothing like BotW

>Why the fuck does Yea Forums hate this game?
Console wars, just ignore them.

>why Yea Forums hates games
>why Yea Forums hates movies
>why Yea Forums hates anime
>why /g/ hates computers
>why /his/ hates history
>why /sci/ hates science

Truly a mistery.

yes but this game was getting a serious ton of hate, like thread after thread for some reason

I wouldn't know, I've never played it.
But I know it's shit because it's Nintendo and fuck Nintendo.

If AssCreed Towers Zelda is already in your top 10, that just means you're a consolepleb who doesnt play many games. It's not even a good formulaic Zelda game considering how barebones the dungeons were
>inb4 shrines
Not dungeons and too cookie cutter, boring and derivative to be fun

Angry incels hate this game. Just discard their opinion.

Because Sony fans can't recognise its pros and Nintendo fans can't recognise its flaws. As usual, people think that their judgement of a thing is superior to everybody else's

>Also is it worth playng Skyward Sword after, I havent touched the series since Twilight Princess
It's the antithesis of Breath of the Wild pretty much, heavy focus on story, linear progression and mostly focused on dungeons, to the point that even the overworld areas are designed like dungeons. I think it's also worth playing if you're fine with both approaches.

I put 128 hours in it and the first 40 were the best ones.
I did almost everything (fuck all the korok seeds) and was feeling like you, then the boredom hitted hard.
Not saying that you will be bored, it's an amazing game, but I can't see me pplaying again for the next 5 years.
And because it's exclusive, Yea Forums don't like videogames, they like others to think they like videogames.

I think between the consolewarfags/snoyboys and the people who read the 10/10 reviews despite having no ability to just explore and have fun in an open world game and expected the game to suck their dick for them, the game gets a bad rap from a vocal minority.

This is probably the most honest review. A game like BOTW that doesn't properly "end" can only fizzle out and get boring which'll leave your last impressions of the game as boring. Nothing lasts forever but damn I wish I could play those first 10 hours again.

Attached: 1541775902572.jpg (1024x722, 86K)

>is it worth playng Skyward Sword
No. As a huge Zelda fan I don't recommend it to anyone. It's tedious and has filler

Its a boring aimless sandbox game with paltry side quests. I played 10 hours on cemu and the only fun I had was adjusting the graphical settings.

Also combat is fucking shit and sword combat is just press A to smack your brittle stick at a goblin until it breaks in 10 hits. Oh and there's very little enemy variation while we're at it. The game is literally Zelda Skyrim

Normalfags on Yea Forums love this game though, it's a prime nufun game and one of the many types of vidya normalfags eat up that ruins the industry (ubisoft open world collectathon), other shit being movie "games" like nuGod of War, rdr2 and """rpgs""" like Trannypunk.

Attached: 1470621749884.jpg (800x600, 173K)

>Attoseconds since Yea Forums last cried over 2017's GOTY

The zeitgeist on Yea Forums is very anti Nintendo. I think the majority of posters are either Switch owners or neutral, but the Snoy minority is by far the loudest and most outspoken. You can actually draw a lot of parallels between Snoys and modern leftists.

>Why the fuck does Yea Forums hate this game

Yea Forums just can't let it go. This isn't about BotW being a 10/10 game or "97" or GAME OF THE DECADE or whatever. It runs deeper than that.

This is all about the humiliation this board suffered at the hands of Nintendo. After nearly a year-long hate campaign of shit posting, cherry picking screenshots and flat out spreading lies, Yea Forums attempted everything in it's power to belittle the game and Nintendo's new console.

You could audibly hear their jaws drop in absolute fucking horror when BotW turned out to be one of the best games of all time, single-handedly turned the Switch into a massive overnight success and proved once again that Nintendo were at the cutting edge of game design.

Mario Odyssey was just as critically appraised but the saltyness from that game cuts nowhere near as deep into Yea Forums's psyche like BotW.

They'll never get over it and that's why they've spent the past THREE FUCKING YEARS trying to rationalise the whole affair in their minds.

Attached: 1555065042830.png (978x385, 379K)

>The zeitgeist on Yea Forums is very anti Nintendo
Lmao fucking braindead bigger.

There are still mentally ill autists shitposting everyday trying to convince themselves the Switch is going to flop. Even though its now become one of the most successful consoles in history.

You're just incredibly upset that this overrated open-world Ubisoft wannabe is so often called out for that. Grow up.

>this entire post
You spend way too much time and energy on this. Take a walk nigger

He's right though. The meltdown on this board back in March 17 was a sight to behold. And the haters still haven't recovered.

You forgot
>Why Yea Forums don't read comics?

Attached: april comic color cropped.png (1952x2348, 3.58M)

That you think legitimate criticism of a vastly overrated open-world game is somehow a conspiracy just screams deluded psychotic fanboy.

Cuz Yea Forums is a bunch of incels who talk about shit they don't know anything about or have even played

Attached: 2344325.jpg (330x219, 21K)

>legitimate criticism

Fuck off shitter.

In 3 fucking years I've never seen you make a single convincing argument against BotW. You either have to make up shit to be annoyed about are just flat-out fucking lie about the game.

THREE YEARS and you still cannot handle it.

Attached: 345454754.png (532x398, 367K)

>BotW turned out to be one of the best games of all time
Why do I still come to this zoomer infested shithole

because Yea Forums hates good games.

I love BOTW but there's plenty of legit criticism.

But just for the record; missing dungeons and weapon durability ain't them.

It's fun but it's not great. I can't be bothered detailing its numerous flaws. Once you finish the game you realise that the only thing really worth doing in the game is the main quest, though. It's a solid 7/10 for me. In terms of just Zelda games it's low-tier imo.

That's just console war faggotry.

Dude I can't go lower than attoseconds.

Better than botw at least

I don't hate it, I just think it's mediocore. Some extremely good things and lots of things that suck ass.

They’re not Ubisoft towers, though. Those mark shitto do on the map, like asscreed or starlink.
Botw towers literally just give you a map with topology, rivers, woods, etc and provide a vantage point to survey your surroundings.
Do you even play video games?

Funny because I've never seen anyone make a convincing argument for how it's not soulless empty open world garbage

This better be bait

Attached: 2234242366.png (400x400, 219K)

>only 10 hours in
I was like you.
Play for another 10 hours. Or 20. Then come back.

Hahahahaha

Imagine being such a rabid fanboy dog over a bland open-world game.

Attached: 1561327764849.jpg (700x913, 111K)

>its not ubishit towers it's just ubishit towers
And who gives a fuck about what it marks on the map? Thats not the issue autismo, not theres even anything in botws open worlds to mark or discover since its fucking empty with only endlessly repeating korok seeds and shrines in it. I'm convinced the fanbase for this game are all under 18 because theres no other explanation for lapping up such atrocious shit

>it's not legitimate because I say so

OP here

I think it looks beautiful though, shit like The Last Of Us never impressed me, "muh realism" graphics will always look shit because it tries to imitate real life

Games with an actual artstyle will always be better

I mean to me shit like Okami, Killer 7, Wind Waker looks better than any Rockstar game

>still seething
Please just get a life or hang yourself. Please.

>love Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and more
>hate Breath of the Wild
>all of a sudden I'm not allowed to like Nintendo games anymore and not allowed to own a Switch because I'm not a "true fan"

>I've never seen anyone make a convincing argument for how it's not soulless empty open world garbage

This is how know you're seething. Nintendo made a handcrafted artistic single player adventure which elevates an entire genre and all you've done is sperg out for three fucking years - not because of BotW - but because its a NINTENDO game. That's what you cannot stomach.

Why do BotW fanboys think the only problem with towers is the icons?
The fact that every single region has you go through the same routine over and over is the actual problem. At most the tower might have some stuff at the bottom, otherwise it's climbing up the same asset every time. The only one that stands out is the Lost Woods tower that has a skull partially blocking your view of the top.

It didn't elevate shit. Stop sound like such a pompous cocksucker. Beneath the cartoony graphics is just yet another open-world game.

>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? The game is fucking ugly, the open world is one of the emptiest in the history of game design, combat is just as shallow now as it's been for 20 years, no side content, only 4 dungeons which arr rook same, the legitimate criticism for this turd is endless. it's a bad joke of a game and obviously the first open world you guys have ever played since you're praising generic western game design decisions that everyone was already sick of a decade ago. Its just a fucking awful, awful game

It’s a great game but Nintendo fans talk about it like it’s the second coming of Christ. It’s in my top 5 Zelda games.

Are there screenshots

It looks like shit

>The fact that every single region has you go through the same routine over and over is the actual problem.

This complete bullshit retard logic though. Its like saying every Mario level is the same thing - because all your doing is jumping on platforms.

Absolute retard logic.

It's funny because even Ubishit acknowledged and fixed this long ago. But Nintendo is still stuck on 2008 genre flaws.

>Nintendo made a handcrafted artistic single player adventure which elevates an entire genre
Nintendies are legitimately mentally ill holy fuck

>Nintendo made a handcrafted artistic single player adventure
They forgot the architecture and the buildings and the caves and the dungeons, call me when it's more than a trashfire walking simulator.

It's obvious reading this thread they are way too personally invested in how a generic open-world game is regarded on teen incel forum.

>Didn't play the game
>Makes up bullshit about it
Why do you people do this? You're literal cancer and shit combined.

>Beneath the cartoony graphics is just yet another open-world game.

Just because you lack the education to understand game design. Stay in school kiddo.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

How? It LOOKs like a fantasy game whats the issue?

What do you consider good graphics then

Its fucking ugly m8

Attached: legend-of-zelda_-breath-of-the-wild-screen.jpg (2688x1512, 436K)

I used have links. Let me check.

And by day's end, Nintendo went out and said they are taking inspiration from RDR2 to make BoTW2.

GTA4 did things with its physics in 2008 that BoTW still isn't doing.

>about 10 hours in and its easily in my top 10 of all time
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! *breathes in* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ironic post :)

Look ill give you empty but it definitly is not souless come on, you can tell the devs really put a lot of love into this hyrule

The good artstyle of BotW doesn't make up for the garbage graphics. The textures look like from 2007.

Attached: IMG_20190422_200322.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

>posting pre-release screenshots

Nah. Its oozing with personality. BotW's artstyle will stick in people's mind.

Attached: 1537187977207.png (900x506, 683K)

Because theres literally nothing about it that isnt incredibly mediocre. Swap out Links character model and release it on ps4 and it would've gotten 7s across the board because it's literally just another ass creed game

>Nintendo went out and said they are taking inspiration from RDR2 to make BoTW2.

Knowing Nintendo they're most likely talking about something like the animal artbook - which seems like a very Nintendo idea. They're not going to make a movie game lol.

>all this coping and seething over a game close to three years later
>It has sold a ludicrous amount of copies, won GOTY and is getting a sequel
Do what you must, for I have already won

Attached: 1564089721692.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Still jealous?

Attached: 1563937411509.jpg (1435x755, 149K)

>it's literally just another ass creed game

Retard.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-23-09-07-33-1.png (1080x614, 82K)

>he has to play 1000 hours to know whether or not he likes a game

i believe in this nu-fun concept.
fallout 4 is nu-fun
halo 3 is legit fun
perhaps a better example would be ratchet and clank. the ot was kino, but the reboot is mundane, a shell of it's former glory.
nu-fun is typically employed to advance the infestation of microtransactions or prop up lazy/improper development (recent bethesda) . i've noticed most people on Yea Forums don't talk about too many games like that, probably because those games suck ass and are actual trash (cod, assassins creed and the like). i honestly think the commuters of Yea Forums as a whole have better taste than other, more accessible sites' inhabitants.
i really can't argue for or against botw because i've never played it, i don't own a switch. i would guess it's alright, but that's from the track record of people who bash the zelda series seemingly indiscriminately and claim titles like oot, mm and ww are total garbage. i'd bet those same people are the ones who trash botw and that the game has actual merit that would constitute as 'legitimate' fun. i would invoke these neigh-sayers to 'seethe more', as it were, and wish them a good day.

Source?

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

Which game has the better "technology"

probably Zelda imo with all the physics stuff,

RDR has shrinking balls which is reddit as fuck

Attached: zeldaredemption.jpg (1200x630, 648K)

GTA4 has better than both.

Stay jealous you absolute loser. R* made a mockery out of Nintendo yet again. RDR2 literally outsold 2 years of BotW within 2 weeks, fucking lmao.

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-001858_Chrome.jpg (1080x957, 281K)

fuck yea i just started replaying it on master mode on my new tv, tweaking the color settings and looks absolutely incredible. comfiest game of all time. i was hoping they'd patch some of the areas that run like shit, but they still do unfortunately

>talks about sales as proof of quality

Top kek. As usual your sad tantrum becomes not about critique of BotW but trying to find a game which is better so you can cope.

Meanwhile...

Attached: BestGameEver.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

SS is a solid 7/10 game. There are some good parts, nothing great, really, but it's mostly average. I hated TP

>RDR2 highest metascore of the decade
>B-BUT THIS RANDOM LITERAL WHO LIST SAYS BOTW IS BETTER
Pathetic, keep coping.

>xbox one
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Xbox one has 33 fucking reviews. What is this, 1996?
>meanwhile, on an actually reviewed platform

Attached: C6717AA6-5559-4999-84C9-00E120A5A1E1.jpg (1861x385, 142K)

T R A U M A T I S E D.

You'll be here every day crying about BotW. Just like every day for the past three years. Why is that?

Attached: 1525228402217.jpg (259x194, 8K)

> people on Yea Forums don't talk about too many games like that
i was referring to games plagued with mxt's, people talk about beth games all the time.
i will advocate for the devil here and defend nu-fun a little. gta is nu-fun. it's core loop is fucking about the city, wreaking havoc. 4 for example had me invested in the story until my save got corrupted 3/4 in. the stories rockstar tries to tell would benefit greatly from a separate campaign mode of sorts that perhaps would soft-lock you into doing the missions in sequence. after each mission it could give you the option to free roam or to go straight to the next mission without the ability to distract you. 5's story suffers the most from it's impressively large map and side activities. you could get lost for hours never really accomplishing anything while the story falls to the wayside. at that point, why even have a story if you're just going to let the player ignore it entirely? why not instead give the option to experience the story with no chance for interruption?
i look forward to the obsidian's outer worlds explicitly not being open world for this exact reason. i don't expect it to be the the greatest, but i do expect it to be engaging in a more acute stance. social havens like reddit may praise it, and if it receives that kind of attention, then it's very possible a new trend of games with tighter focus hit the market and among them, some will eventually stand above.
that's all i want. more good games.