Grand Strategy

I'm tired of Mumu, please recommend me some fun countries to play. Not too hard tho, I'm still new to the game.

Attached: ck2.jpg (1600x900, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DpsJdxMwXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't play vanilla too often, but Flanders is a really nice duchy you can build a powerbase from as a vassal of France until you're strong enough to strike out on your own.

Strike out at what?
OP, don't be a pussy. Start as that Turk in the Abbasids, county convert to Assyrian and Nestorian, and carve out a Neo-neo-Assyria, ordained by the forgotten Eastern Church. That's what I'm doing, and it's high stakes all the time.

Attached: 1517540870063.jpg (600x450, 50K)

Here's my current game. Just took the duke title by force, but don't know what to do next.

Attached: ck2_25.png (1600x900, 2.66M)

Why is he wearing a Santa hat

Plot to take the crown from the inside, or wait for the crusades to trigger and try to win Jerusalem from them.

>Not restoring Persian borders as a zoroastrian dynasty of strong genius inbreds, pleb

Croatia - marry into Hungary and take it over.

Have you praised Zun today Yea Forums?

My current coptic Solomonid Kangz campaign. Gonna form an egyptian empire soon.

Attached: kangznshiet.png (1915x881, 3.08M)

Reform baltic religion then make the HRE bleed

Attached: Kill them all.png (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Pick one of the midsized kingdoms in poo-in-loo land. Aim to unite the subcontinent and have good ol Nepal space marines as your attack dog. If Ming collapses, that's a lot of land you can expand towards. If they don't, then you have a recurring boss encounter to tangle with.

wrong gaem

Disregard, didn't look close enough and thought it was EU4.

Sounds like fun, gonna do this after my Old World Blues New Vegas run

Attached: 20190801020704_1.jpg (1920x1080, 596K)

Download Historical Immersion Project, then play a Viking -> Norman -> English campaign.

>Plot to take the crown from the inside
How? Would that mean I have to fight the kings and his dukes?

bump

Merchant Republic of Iceland

Never play any Merchant Republic before, they look confusing.

Duke of Apulia 1066 is a good start. You can learn about holy wars on sicily/northern africa

no that means literally the fucking opposite. Make some beneficial marriages between you and the kings/areas you want to take over and your sons will have claims. Also sow dissent betwene that lord and his

Tuscany 1066

>and your sons will have claims
How do I push claims without war?

I suggest you just sit tight until English melting pot happens. Until then, try to marry into the royal family and expand your influence outside Kent through conquest.
If you don't want to marry into the family then you can fabricate a claim on the kingdom of England, through the intrigue tab

Charlie Maine start, norse country.

Attached: lose10pietygain10prestige.png (662x592, 566K)

I think I'll try marry. But seriously, I'm so suck at politic.

Attached: 30.jpg (800x615, 269K)

Ok, suppose I have a claim on the kingdom of England, can I push it without war?

No, only through war.

>tfw want to go on erotic breeding adventures
>don't wan to have to play CK2 or mod Bethesda games
just kill me familia

Poland is good if you want to steamroll some pagans

Guess I'll have to conquer other dukes first.
Can you explain marriage strategy to me? I only know how to take other counties by war.

I can't figure HoI4 out. Everything goes smooth as butter until it's time to fight, then a few underequipped enemy divisions can defeat my entire army. Not sure what I'm doing wrong since the in-game tutorial didn't even cover 1% of the game's features.

Attached: 1554562558679.gif (353x300, 352K)

Marry into the family and pull some strings so that the title goes to your line. For example: marrying the third heir matreliniarly and then killing the first and second heir

You might be able to get the Kingdom from a faction demand if enough of the other vassals like you more than the current ruler.

What country are you playing as

Tried Poland and Hungary.

You may be having your supply lines being bottle-necked as that was the biggest thing that hindered me when I started out and especially when I tried to sustain naval invasions. Also you should look at the units attack and breakthrough against the defence of the enemy and then plan your division templates accordingly

>I can't figure HoI4 out
How brainlet are ya?

Is there a way to unfuck the supply lines? Logistics support, infrastructure on the front lines?

You can upgrade ports and infrastructure as well as research logistics upgrades to help. Most important is that early on when you probably don't have a huge industry that you make sure that difficult to resupply areas not filled with an unsustainable amount of units.

How's HoI4 now?

A mess, just like any other Paradox game.

ugh what could have been

ugh

Attached: 394360_screenshots_20160609085735_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

didn't ask

bump

Ireland, fight against the Brits and reunite your homeland!

>fight against the Brits
Can't. They have more troops.

Only Imperator is worse.

*blocks ur path*

Attached: 1549465505964.jpg (1920x1080, 857K)

>Byzantine
B-but you're already dead!

Am I the only one tired of blobbing? It's fucking boring, and ugly.

I like kingdom size.

Why are grand strategy threads always die early?

GS requires high iq to play.

Try the Elder Scroll mod

Should I start from HoI4 or HoI3?

I don't dislike blobbing if it isn't ugly. Or something that emulates IRL blobbing. My favorite game was King of Sardinia, I played in the island for like 150 years, only took Corsica from the HRE and had my fun. But eventually I wanted stuff to do, so I conquered east spain and naples/sicily and recreated the kingdom of aragon. Except, you know, backwards.

Niche genre, and the amount of people on Yea Forums that actually plays games dwindles more each year.

No they don't, I only have 105~ at best.
Online tests don't count, like I'm going to trust some bullshit site that says "You totally have an IQ of 130~" when all it does is give a simple pattern recognition assessment, even if it is a g-loaded subject.

Attached: Turkish Feast.jpg (514x294, 60K)

Looks like kebab gonna get remove.

If you want get better at politics play in india as you are forced to use cb's other tha Holy War

>I suggest you just sit tight until English melting pot happens.
Why?

I'll be AFK for around 30min, please keep the thread alive, thank you.

For republics, you can build trade ports for more geld, and succession is a race between your chosen heir and 4 other families who also build trade ports. The factors in this election is age+prestiege+money, with money being the biggest factor, as you'll be taking in 1000s of ducats from your trade that you should put back into your election bid

Finally became king, successfully inheriting a broken realm in the end of the Black Plague. I'm a Chile of destiny, too, after my elder brother died, so I'm going to finally take back Occitania and our borders with Germany

Attached: 20190719192158_1.jpg (1600x900, 521K)

i am playing whit some lads a EU4 MP as a siberian tribe
i have a capital of 42 developement

What are best autismo mods?
> Black ice
Are there any for vicky, ck2 or europa?

>Victoria 2 with all dlc and mods
>HOI4 heavily modded (200+)
>EU3 with mods

Has anyone conquered with native American tribes?

Formed my Coptic Egyptian Empire. Now onto the remaining holy cities, Jerusalem and Antioch.

Attached: khemi.png (1919x1056, 3.47M)

post long korea

take over byzantinum, fag

But I don't care about Byzantium.

How do you deal with a country getting split after your rulers death?

>year 955
>he didn't alredy took mecca to trigger the crusades two hundered years earlier
boring game desu

Attached: rica.png (1680x1050, 2.33M)

Switching from gavelkind
Or use your claims and murder your brothers

Funnily enough, I didn't have to. Some heresy took over Kent early and that triggered them.

Anyone actually like EU4 more than CK2?

What happen after English melting pot?

I can't play paradox's games anymore desu.

Attached: 219a5f75bb49609bab07d589cbae9b8d0eaa9095079e8b17c3b3915ff48c1cf4_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 36K)

I would play that, but
>turn-base

Stop dying, seriously.

Byzantium, 1081. My personal favourite start.

>failed immortality event yet again
got FUCKING damnit
and this time I've done it with a genius character too

Is this completely random in its characters and choices or is there a pattern that can be exploited?

Attached: 1535226574856.png (321x321, 12K)

Don't worry too much about centralising all of the titles of your house into one ruler.
If you have rulers of your dynasty ruling kingdoms throughout Europe, that alone is very useful for you and makes potential future conquests much easier.

>got
*God

>Alexiad
based
I love having to restore my lands in Anatolia again instead of starting with an already OP Byzantium

>he thinks this matters
CK2 has more potential for overcoming these sorts of odds than almost any other pdx game.
Just wait until England has a crap ruler who can barely raise any troops, or just lost a war against someone else, or is in a civil war.
By filling your demesne cap, upgrading holdings, having happy vassals, and keeping all your held counties inside one de jure duchy, you can raise much bigger armies than most similarly sized realms.

Thats your problem, Hungary is not a big power and Poland consistently gets fucked. Try out the Soviets.

The only CK2 campaign I've seen through to the end. Charliemagne start, ate up the Byzantines slowly, mended the schism and formed Rome.

Biggest waste of my time ever.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.83M)

I wish I'm good enough to play CK2 on Ironman. I feel like the game would be more fun and every choices have consequences.

As long as you play a bigger power and put your sons in control of counties or duchies under another vassal ironman is nothing to worry about even if you end up getting overthrown because you have plenty of other characters to fall back onto.

Is the patch that remove mana from Imperator out yet?

I've only played ironman, and you got to learn to appreciate the swells, of rises and falls that make potential for loss much worse. Accept that you can lose, just like people have throughout history, and learn to build from your losses.

based. copts are the true egiptians.

Why the fuck are you playing that drivel?

>18
distastefull, too old of a hag.

What went right?

Attached: v2_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.72M)

basilei rhomaion is that the true name?

what mod?

HIP from the look of it.

>browse Yea Forums for 3 hours straight
I should start playing the game already.

play a Haesteinn of Nantes, Old Gods run

What GSG should I play

Well, I guess I'll go back to tutorial island again.

Attached: pferiyzge7y11.png (941x717, 1.45M)

How autistic are you?

Yes, it's the Historical Immersion Project mod. I believe Basileia Rhomaion translates to Kingdom of the Romans.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DpsJdxMwXY

Attached: ck2_12.png (507x531, 537K)

For me, its After The End

Attached: Kkvz.jpg (1200x675, 196K)

>32 bit
Aahahahahahaha

It's the pirate version. I've the base game on steam but no DLC.

Is it still being worked on, or is it dead like CotC?

Good taste.

Haesteinn of Nantes in the 867 start. You can do whatever you want. Want to take over Brittany and turn it into a Norse Merchant Republic? Want to become a vassal of France and take it over from the inside? Want to conquer it? Want to invade Ireland, Wales or the English dukes? Want to take over all holy sites and reform Norse pagans?

Whenever I want to fuck over the Karlings, I just play as Haesteinn.

Fan fork, bro
Still actively developed with their own dev diaries and shit

Shit man I need to check it out then, thanks user.

If you are looking for a weird map to play in EU IV, try Anbannar: a Fantasy Total Conversion. Its a work in progress but its good enough to play for now.

Attached: Anbannar.png (1601x902, 2.69M)

Maybe I'm playing too much EU4 but I don't really have fun playing CK2.

I'm the opposite.

Made my own Norse Empire from the ground up - Conquered France, and am soon on my way to conquer the rest of Europe. I am apart of a legendary Norse family who is well known and have many legendary bloodlines, and I am the leader of a war clan. I am also a masterful duels man, and fear no man.

Attached: empire.jpg (1920x1080, 789K)

>germanic french empire

I didn't create the name. I couldn't choose another one either. No clue how.

Nah, I'd rather get fucked from both sides than play as the gommies.

Darkest hour :^)

Attached: 4y5hggh5d09z.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

>Try EU4 meiou and taxes
>Constant crashes
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

click on the title and there should be an option to rename

has this ever happened to you?

Attached: CK_wife_daughter.png (831x686, 1.17M)

>daughter-wife
But how?

God bless

He's playing as a muslim, so that wife probably isn't the mother of that daughter.

based

Attached: fra.jpg (1920x1080, 858K)

accurate

Attached: CK_wife_daughter2.png (223x242, 90K)

>those Aggie and Longhorn factions
Cracks me up every time.