Anyone else miss this Smash? Back when only colorful first party Nintendo characters, no edgy third party shit...

Anyone else miss this Smash? Back when only colorful first party Nintendo characters, no edgy third party shit. Back when it was simple and anyone could enjoy it and you didn't have to worry about characters with thousands of special moves or gay ass Street Fighter special combos. What went wrong Yea Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDrs3fLf1k4
youtube.com/watch?v=oLSn-F8Ft-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Melee

who the fuck is mario?

>Comboshit
>Fire Emblem characters
>Clones
Melee was the beginning of the end

No, because Melee was my favorite, and I still emulate 64 from time to time to play with friends and was recently reminded how shit it was. Fucking Slap City plays better than Smash 64.

what does comboshit even mean

>implying smash64 didn't have combos
Every single character in the game can 0 to death every other character.
All the defensive options suck ass so not getting hit in the first place is pretty much the only way to survive against someone who knows what they're doing.

Smash 64 combos are fucking insane, you have no idea what you're talking about faggot.

no one knew who ness was

Bayonetta was when the roster just felt like shit..

Always thought he was just the mascot for the console itself.

Who are in the last 4 slots, guys? My guesses:
Maxim (Lufia 2)
Banjo (Banjo Kazooie)
Pocky (Pocky and Rocky)
Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Chrono? I think they would add Magus or Frog way more popular characters.

It means he’s a shitter who doesn’t know how to play. 64 had even more combos than the later games.

As much as I love melee, and would say that melee still retained some of the feel OP refered to (while at the same time admitting to be biased), you're right. Melee started to stray away from that fun colorful feel. The childish and imaginative concept of them being puppets/plushes fighting each other on a desk. Granted it wasn't as bad/harsh on melee, but it was a start, and it only got worse, sadly to the point where we're now playing super smash calibur 5 with over 10(?) super realistic hd edgy anime swordsmen and whatnot. 64 truly had a very magical feel to it.

Is 64, dare I say, soulful?

youtube.com/watch?v=oDrs3fLf1k4

If third parties were as common then as they are now, what would the old roster look like?

Looks like someone's salty about the hero.

I think he's that dude luigi's cousin I think?
Not quite sure

>implying 64 doesn’t have combos
You didn’t think this one through did you?

Attached: C7A636F1-D6DB-4ECC-A0B9-3C1B25A169BD.jpg (565x600, 20K)

Edgy's really lost it's meaning, hasn't it?

i think 64 had the best hit sfx.

It hasn't had a meaning since 2012 when Reddit started spamming it here.

>colorful first party
>ness
>captain falcon

wew lad

Reminder: HAL made the best Smash games. Dropping them off Smash's development was the mistake that spread the seed to the degradation we see today.

>that feeling like you're backstage and everyone's just having idle chatter before shit gets fucking real
so good
youtube.com/watch?v=oLSn-F8Ft-Y

64 has the biggest combos of any Smash game.

regardless of how the Smash games went you would have bitched when Marth inevitably got in regardless.

>Back when it was simple and anyone could enjoy it
Smash didn't change, you just miss being ignorant of good players and the metagame