Calling All Doom Slayers

Doom girl is ready to face hell! #DoomGirl #GirlPower #DoomAnnhilation #YesSheCan #NeedNoMan #DoomMovie

Attached: !!!doom.png (837x634, 687K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bkhXSLmRbiE
youtube.com/watch?v=-Jf-E7oEguU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the doom video game may have had a male lead

but the doom movie will have a FEMALE doom slayer and there is nothing u can do bout it

Attached: 1E574DF3-2736-4A11-967B-0090BD4140AE.png (1412x823, 150K)

I never heard of this movie until now.

Probably a cash grab or tax evasion ploy.
Maybe both.

Supposedly the movie was fianced by Epstien

>Probably a cash grab or tax evasion ploy.
>Maybe both.

you just mean (((Hollywood))) as normal then?

Actually, I can do something about it by not buying your movie.

doom anihilation will be an amazing movie

If they're disowning it then why did they sell the license for the movie in the first place?

It's Doom only in name

why don't you just avoid things you dont like it's common consensus that video game movies suck yet you're here mad a video game movies suck. No one cared that assassin's creed movie was bad because EVERYONE knew it was gonna be bad

Attached: EA1auzNXoAIbz0l.jpg (1241x763, 79K)

So, its DOOM in name only? Absolutely nothing else is even close to DOOM.

FUCKING BASED.

Anyone remember the old one with The Rock when he first started acting? It was shit and this will be worse.

they never had it in the first place this isnt the first doom movie

Bethesda owns the rights not the DOOM devs

>it's common consensus
Woah bro, that 1 minute of the movie where it was first person was awesome.

Attached: 1549473707525.gif (800x533, 1.34M)

Doom
Only
In
Name
DOIN

It was funny and camp. It was very obvious that 10 minutes into filming everyone involved collectively realised that they were making a hunk of garbage and decided to have fun with it.

the doom movie with the rock was FUN

just like the 2016 game

You will see people in this thread trying to convince you that Doom 2005 was a good movie.
Once some other movie related to the franchise comes out in the future people will try to tell you that Doom Annihilation was a good movie.
Screencap this post.

Cry more.

>common consensus

Attached: I know English faggot.png (1055x657, 68K)

this shit is clearly just being made to continue holding the rights to doom, but why doesn't the studio just make a PROPER doom film with actual effort put into it? now seems like the best possible time. i don't think doom will EVER be as big as it currently is again, so why not release something good now that might actually make profit?

Attached: 1564510319840.png (822x802, 680K)

Holy fucking BASED

ok.
doom 2016 sucks ass and plays like a reskin of call of duty.

how about you play the game before bitching, faggot.

Attached: Captgggure.png (497x426, 474K)

Why is it always about the jews?

Nobody has gone back to defend those Uwe Boll movies, user.

And nobody is saying it's good. Everyone still wants that hell-themed The Raid. Just that the 2005 movie was silly and that doesn't give the new movie a free pass to exist. I get that they just want to hang onto the rights, but they don't deserve to.

It's literally a fucking no budget tax write off...

i did. it plays like call of duty except theres zombies and also you spam f to stay invincible.

I didn't even know this movie was a thing but I'll be sure to avoid it. Resi Evil did it better and those movies were god awful.

I'd wish a swift and bloody death for Hollywood but then they'd completely infest the video games industry.

Epic

Actually it plays like a re-skin of MDK, but without style and finess.

Attached: Try again ESL.png (592x80, 7K)

the movie "doom anihilation" will be amazing

Attached: 1E30E96E-F270-4442-AAAF-8B8104FAEE12.jpg (638x917, 80K)

More like NUUM

It was trash but it was still a spectacle. Wether or not that's positive is subjective.

You know I doubt these kinds of things would get such backlash if they weren't so in your face about it.

Epic like my BROOTAL press a button to see something awesome ability! how do game devs do it.

not even close. mdk had level design for one.

the english language has many sentences that are both grammatically correct while still being redundant (bittersweet, open secret, original copy, busy doing nothing) if you were familiar with the language you'd know that in an actual conversation the rules aren't as concrete

Attached: EAoUvjYU0AMyUgL.jpg (750x711, 63K)

Backlash is what gets attention, as evidenced by the catalog.

Attached: 221ae00b8045c16f4a28319e5a142d28.png (117x71, 2K)

This is now a /vtv/ thread
How would you make a Doom movie?
There's no way you could make Doomguy an interesting protagonist while keeping his character at all similar to canon, I think he should be a background force of nature with a few good slaughter scenes as well as ultimately saving the day at the end.
Main plot should follow some UAC workers/scientist trying to stay alive after the demon invasion starts, or maybe a security squad from the base trying to evacuate everyone else

Why can't Hollywood make a good video game movie?
Lack of good writers?
The mentality of "We can do better"?
Executive meddling?

Attached: 1548731912097.jpg (500x529, 29K)

300 iq post

This looks like the first movie
What the fuck was the point?

Who want's to put bets on a FPS scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=-Jf-E7oEguU

who the fuck is she anyway?

I'd make Doomguy a "surprise protagonist". You get 10 minutes of setup, introducing your antagonists and all the scientists who're gonna get killed off over the movie, and once everything goes to shit Doomguy turns out to be a random background marine who was there the whole time but didn't say a word.

From you'd have a succession of setpieces and twists and constant fight scenes. I know one user just wanted a movie in the vein of Hardcore Henry, which I like the idea of but it's been done. By Hardcore Henry.

>Squad of marine forces go to the UAC base
>They realize the UAC openned a portal to hell
>They meet Doomguy; he's a force of nature who doesn't talk but understands the Marine
>They all fight to reach the portal to hell
>Plot twist is the demons of Hell openned the portal just to kick Doomguy out of hell since he keeps killing them
>Doomguy wasn't just trying to close the portal: he was also trying to go back to hell
>Movie ends with the survivors going home second plot twist shows one of the survivors being a demon in disguise planning to make hell on earth with the excuse of "If Doomguy wants to be in our hell then we'll just take this place" as the obligatory sequel hook to appease the executive meddling
If I had 100% power over the movie I'd modify the ending and avoid making an unnecessary sequel

>The mentality of "We can do better"?
>Executive meddling?

I think it's mostly those two. And in general an attitude of making things more palatable for as large of an audience as possible.

>I want your opinion
>"We're not involved"
Was it autism?

You seriously think the social media guy is allowed to slag it off?

Involking 5th Amendment is a smart move when you want to keep your job

I would gradually shift and switch between three movie types and three points of view. Suspense, Survival Horror, and Action Movie. I wouldn't try blending them but rather each act would have it's own specific feel.

I would make the first half hour of the movie into something like a first hand account of what happened on the Event Horizon. The second would be the arrival of the Space Marines and would follow an accelerated Predator like story where the Marines get whittled down by forces they don't understand. The last half hour would be the "reveal/birth" of Doomguy who when you first saw him would have been sure was one of the disposable meathead or cannon fodder characters until you notice he's the last one left. Then the movie becomes Hardcore Heny/ John Wick but with Demons and chainsaws. Roll credits.

OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHA

Attached: 6479885674555.jpg (1086x84, 25K)

this is going to flop so hard
your movie is in a bad spot when scenes you put in your trailer don't even try to hide that your movie is low budget or make your movie look low budget

Yeah, the gender-swapped protagonist is literally the only thing people are talking about with this movie. If it was just a generic action hero character not connected to Doomguy at all, it'd be about as known as the shitty Hellraiser DVD movies that are only made to keep the license from a studio that makes actual films.

My interest in watching a movie dissolves completely when the creation of it is to stick it to someone. I didn't even care she was a woman and was willing to give it a shot and criticize her on her own merits as an actor, but she had to make it about gender.
Congratulations, you have dethroned a stand in for the player themselves, you go girl. Take that...essentially empty throne.

YAAAASSSS SLAY QUEEN!!!

MAKE THOSE MISOGYNIST WHITE MEN TREMBLE IN FEAR

DONALD TRUMP SUCKS
I BUY APPLE PRODUCTS

Attached: f2c.png (301x326, 51K)

Attached: based.png (1210x1000, 252K)

Brutal

They were about to lose the movie rights so they shat out a direct to video movie as quickly and cheaply as possible so they could retain them.

that's a big gun

how did they ended up with the doom license?

They bought it like two decades ago and have just been sitting on it.

they screamed at them and threatened to file a misogyny and/or racism lawsuit until they gave them the license.

Attached: 1555394187940.gif (200x202, 194K)

>this shit is clearly just being made to continue holding the rights to doom, but why doesn't the studio just make a PROPER doom film with actual effort put into it? now seems like the best possible time. i don't think doom will EVER be as big as it currently is again, so why not release something good now that might actually make profit?

The people who made Hellboy 3 would have been ideal. That movie has the sort of attitude and love of gore needed for a Doom movie!!!FACT!!!

not bad for a fun formulaic romp, I think the the secret demon twist is lame tho

hi goblin slayer

I'd make a Doom movie like a Godzilla film. Doom Guy saving the day with big dick ass kicking wouldn't be the direct centerpiece of the plot but he's ever present before the cast's interests matches Doom Guy's and the climax will be the bits of Doom Guy you've been glimpsing throughout the movie unfiltered.

unironically hilarious

Doom needs a Doomguy. If no Doomguy present, then its not Doom. It would be like trying to make Doom but without demons. Or in dumbshit normie terms, the Avengers without the Avengers.

Attached: 1563002255618.jpg (369x496, 40K)

You people are making such a big deal out of a direct-to-dvd movie that only exists for the studio to keep the license...

it's like making MvC without the X-Men